Strength Tier List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
I found that the MovieVs Character Tier list did not meet with much success. Maybe because it was hard to classify so many characters with so many factors to consider.

This topic however, will not be an official one (or it could be, not sure, what do you guys think?), just for abit of fun. I imagine it will be much easier to accomplish because it is only based on one thing - raw strength.

Although it might serve useful if we can all agree on this list, it might come in handy for future debates where a character's strength is a debating point and this list can be a reference.

This list will only consist of characters that are more "popular" since trying to list every minor or lesser known character will probably be an impossible task.

So here are the more common and popular characters that I've seen in the forum

Godzilla
Clover
Superman
Hancock
Hulk
Abomination
The Thing
Agent Smith (Revolutions)
Agent Johnson
Dr Doom
Sandman
Spiderman
Venom
Green Goblin/New Goblin
Ironman
Blade
Elder Vampires (Underworld)
Hybrid Vampires (Underworld)
Lycans
Predator
Creeper
Mr Incredible
Juggernaut
Colossus
Sabretooth
Terminator (Arnold)
Terminator (T-1000)
Terminator (TX)

. . .

. . .

and here is how I would classify them...

World Wrecker

1. Superman
2. Hancock
3. Godzilla
4. Abomination
5. Hulk
6. Clover

High

1. Mr Incredible
2. Dr Doom (Tie)
2. The Thing (Tie)
3. The Creeper
4. Agent Smith

Mid

1. Sandman
2. Venom
3. Spiderman
4. Green/New Goblin
5. Hybrid Vampires
6. Elder Vampires
7. Lycans
8. TX
9. T1000
10.T800
11.Ironman
12.Agent Johnson

Low

1. Sabretooth
2. Blade
3. Predator

? Colossus
? Juggernaut

Robtard
I'd classify Hancock as a 'colon wrecker'.

ThunderGodEneru
Your list is wrong. That is all I can say about that.

Although Superman is easily top of it.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd classify Hancock as a 'colon wrecker'.

laughing out loud

T-1000 Brutally and swiftly murders Banner when hes chilled. stick out tongue

Also you need a new catagory between 'High' and 'World Wrecker' labled 'McClane class'.

Placidity
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Your list is wrong. That is all I can say about that.

Although Superman is easily top of it.

Feel free to correct it, that is the point of this topic. Criticising is easy.

Kazenji
Lycans are rated higher then the predator's.....................yeah right.

siriuswriter
You're forgetting movies that are non-superhero or sci-fi.

What about Jean Valjean from "Les Miserables?" He was so strong he could split a boulder in two, rescue a man from under a cart by lifting the cart up by himself, and climb the wall outside Paris with a little girl on his back.

You don't have to be a superhero to be pretty damn cool at the "strong" thing.

Robtard
Well **** me, dude made the thread to be edited, not 'this is fact, so abide by it'.

ThunderGodEneru
My list

Originally posted by Placidity
World Wrecker

1. Superman
2. Hancock
3. Godzilla
4. Clover
5. Sandman(Giant)
5. Hulk(Varies, at best is stronger than Abom)
5/6. Abomination

High

1. Mr Incredible
1 or 2. Ironmonger
2. Dr Doom (Tie)
2. The Thing (Tie)
3. Agent Smith
3. Neo(Why he was not on your list to begin with confuses and angers me).

Mid

1. Juggernaut
1. Sandman
2. Venom
3. Spiderman
4. Creeper(A big maybe)
4. Green/New Goblin
5. Hybrid Vampires
6. Elder Vampires
7. Lycans
8. TX
9. T1000
10.T800
11.Ironman
12.Agent Johnson

Low

1. Predator
1. Sabretooth
2. Blade
3. Wolverine

? Colossus

Clover by virtue of size is stronger than Hulk and Abom. Sandman is as well, Hulk and Abom were not near as strong as their comic counterparts. Hell, you wanna be technical, Mr. Incredible has better strength feats, but, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Creeper is nowhere near the level of Mr. Incredible, Thing, Doom, or Smith(who I am giving the benefit of the doubt, fact is most of his strength feats are when full on colliding at supersonic speeds with Neo, although he did easily break from under concrete.

Juggernaut when all things are considered should at least be Sandman level IMO.

Predator is stronger than Blade by a margin.

Added some characters as you can see.

jinXed by JaNx
I have to say, all Matrix characters should not be eligible for any list that takes them out of the Matrix. Otherwise, Neo and Smith are world wreckers.

I also have a problem with Mr incredible and Thing being in the "High" category. Alone, Mr Incredible and Thing are mild, at least considering the people who are in the "mild category. If you are going to include the fantastic four, where is Human torch? Human Torch is definitely a world wrecker, he can ignite Earths atmosphere.

Also, who the hell is creeper? Is that the creature from, Jeepers Creepers?

I like the idea of this thread but the categories seem mismanaged. When i think World Wrecker, i think of something that cannot be stopped by Mans most powerful Weapons. Wasn't the Hulk subdued or outmatched by military weapons, in both of his movies? I know He got away from the sonic guns in, Nortons Hulk, but they really did put him on his knees and could have worked with better execution.

ThunderGodEneru
The list is about pure physical might.

Robtard
The Spider-man train feat is greater then The Thing's pulling of the truck on the bridge and rolling up a 911 into a ball, as far as physical strength is involved. Those were The Thing's most impressive feats he did alone, right?

Hulk tossing 65 tons a mile or two in a matter of seconds is really impressive, too. If we apply the physics required to do so.

Superman and Hancock should be 1 & 2, as they are.

edit: WTF did Mr Incredible do that was impressive strength-wise? I recall him tying himself up in various forms and using his body's elastic durabilty bear the weight, that isn't entirely a strength-feat though.

Final Blaxican
I believe he lifted a machine that must have been at least several hundred tons.

Smith and Neo aren't world-breakers, none of the Matrix gang are.

Neo and Smith hypothetically can do anything.

But ultimately, the force does the same thing, but like Jedi we don't see Neo or Smith vaporizing whole towns with their punches or anything. Just because they have the potential to do something, doesn't mean they actually can.

As for Hulk, he tanked a gamma bomb, which is stronger then a nuclear bomb, and multiple lightning bolts in Ang Lee's version. Those weapons combined put out a greater energy output then any weapon mankind possesses.

Robtard
The Eye of Lodon scene in part 2? If so, that wasn't just him, it was the team working together.

Or did you mean something else, as I didn't care for the films and try to forget them?

Placidity
Hmm, I think I'll also list one feat that comes to mind for each character and hence the reason why I've listed them as such.

Originally posted by Placidity

and here is how I would classify them...

World Wrecker

1. Superman - Lifted Continent

2. Hancock - Stopped a speeding train with 1 arm like it was nothing

3. Godzilla - Walks through anything

4. Abomination - Stronger than the Hulk

5. Hulk - Throwing Tanks, Potentially Unlimited Strength

6. Clover - Walks through anything

High

1. Mr Incredible - Works out with train carriages as weights

2. Dr Doom (Tie) - Can take on The Thing in a brawl

2. The Thing (Tie) - Crushing a car, incl engine block to a small ball

3. Agent Smith - Punches with Neo creates shockwaves. I think Neo is around his strength class, thats why I didn't list him aswell. Trying to keep the list as small as possible.

Mid

1. Sandman - Can increase his size and subsequently his strength.

2. Venom - Stronger than Spiderman

3. Spiderman - Grip strength/stopping the train.

4. Green/New Goblin - Slightly inferior to Spiderman

5. The Creeper (Tie) - Tows a truck in mid-air while in flight. Can tear apart automobile frames and rip parts from the human body barehanded.

5. Hybrid Vampires (Tie) - Stronger than Elder Vampires. Can rip a Lycan's head off barehanded.

6. Elder Vampires - Smashes walls by throwing someone into it. Can man-handle Lycans.

7. Lycans - Moderately Inferior to Elders.

8. TX - Much Stronger than T800

9. T1000 - Stronger than T800

10.T800 - Punches destroys a car.

Somwhere b/w 8-10 - Ironman - Punches send a man flying. Catches a car with limited energy supply.

12.Agent Johnson - Rips car roof off. Punches open a steel door.

Low

1. Sabretooth - Uses a large tree as a swinging bat/weapon.

2. Blade - Generally badass, no outstanding feat comes to mind.

3. Predator - Generally badass, no outstanding feat comes to mind.

? Colossus - Throws Wolverine a fair distance

? Juggernaut - Punches send Wolvie flying. Powers through walls, although this is part of his mutant ability, not sure if it should be called "strength".

Kazenji
Apart from killing some Aliens in the AVP movies erm

Sadako of Girth
The London eye is just a big ferris wheel.
Its just frame with a few cabooses hanging off it.
And its weight was well distrubuted.

Could Reed or the thing picked up a matchbox that weighed a couple of hundred tonnes..? I doubt it...

Spidey's legendary train feat is still more impressive than that, because the weight of the train x the mass' moving speed would put the resisted force way above 'moving a ferris wheel slightly', I would guess.

Rogue Jedi
McClane coulda stopped it......

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
McClane coulda stopped it......

Correct, he would have lodged Rigg's head between the wheels as a makeshift brake.

ThunderGodEneru
The Spider-man train feat is greater then The Thing's pulling of the truck on the bridge and rolling up a 911 into a ball, as far as physical strength is involved. Those were The Thing's most impressive feats he did alone, right?

Hulk tossing 65 tons a mile or two in a matter of seconds is really impressive, too. If we apply the physics required to do so.

Superman and Hancock should be 1 & 2, as they are.

edit: WTF did Mr Incredible do that was impressive strength-wise? I recall him tying himself up in various forms and using his body's elastic durabilty bear the weight, that isn't entirely a strength-feat though. But you have to consider this, Spiderman also had like...30 or more thick strans of web(stronger than steel) to help stop it, and it took literally all he had, he passed out afterwards. You may be right though, FF movies were terrible so I do not remember much about them.

2. What? I was under the impression this was Norton's Hulk in the thread.

3. Of course.

4. Bench pressing train carriages for exercise, held up the Omnidroid 10, which was several hundred tons...Hell, by feats, he is stronger than new Hulk, and even possibly Lee's Hulk.

Darth Martin
Herald

1. Superman
2. Hancock

World Wrecker

1. Godzilla
2. Clover
3. Hulk
4. Abomination
5. Smith

Metahuman (High)

1. Sandman
2. Mr Incredible
3. Juggernaut
4. Colossus
5. Dr Doom (Tie)
6. The Thing (Tie)

Metahuman (Middle)

1. Iron Man
2. Venom
3. Spiderman
4. Green/New Goblin
5. Hybrid Vampires
6. Elder Vampires
7. Lycans
8.Agent(Matrix)
9. TX
10. T1000
11.T850
12.T-800

Low

1. Yautja
2. Sabbretooth
3. Blade
4. Wolverine

Robtard
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
But you have to consider this, Spiderman also had like...30 or more thick strans of web(stronger than steel) to help stop it, and it took literally all he had, he passed out afterwards. You may be right though, FF movies were terrible so I do not remember much about them.

2. What? I was under the impression this was Norton's Hulk in the thread.

3. Of course.

4. Bench pressing train carriages for exercise, held up the Omnidroid 10, which was several hundred tons...Hell, by feats, he is stronger than new Hulk, and even possibly Lee's Hulk.

It was still his physical strength hanging onto the strands that stopped the train, if he had anchored them down to the floor or a building, then sure.

I figured we'd use the greatest of either, if so, then Norton Hulk's greatest strength feat would probably be throwing that 11 ton soda bottling machine through the wall like it was nothing.

My error, I was thinking "Mr. Fantastic", the rubberband man from FF. Yeah, Mr. Incredible is WAY up there.

Darth Martin
Herald
Superman, Hancock

World Wrecker
Abomination, Clover, Godzilla, Hulk, Magneto, Neo, Smith,

Metahuman (High)
Colossus, Dr. Doom, Iron Monger, Iron Man, Juggernaut, Megatron, Mr. Incredible, Optimus Prime, Sandman, Thing

Metahuman (Middle)
Agent (Matrix), Dr. Octopus, Elder Vampire, Green Goblin, Hybrid Vampires, Lycans, Spider-Man, T-800, T-850, T-100, T-X, Venom

Metahuman (Low)
Beast, Blade, Darth Vader, Sabretooth, Wolverine, Yautja

Scythe
Where does Batman fit into all of that, and goddamn Star Wars characters?

Robtard
Originally posted by Scythe
Where does Batman fit into all of that, and goddamn Star Wars characters?

Batman = Very strong human (Bale's at least)

Most SW characters don't really have many strength feats abouve average human, I'd guess.

jaden101
Please refrain from polluting the rest of the forum with comic book based trash...All it does is cause endless "debates" in which everyone thinks they can prove things that they know they can't. It's bullshit and it causes endless arguments.

And while we're at it, can a mod finally tidy up the movie forum...because how a thread titled "which movies based upon comics are most true to the comics" doesn't belong in the "comic book movies" forum is an utter mystery.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Scythe
Where does Batman fit into all of that, and goddamn Star Wars characters? Batman is a top-tier street level. SW has Darth Vader and General Grievous to boast about.

ThunderGodEneru
It was still his physical strength hanging onto the strands that stopped the train, if he had anchored them down to the floor or a building, then sure.

I figured we'd use the greatest of either, if so, then Norton Hulk's greatest strength feat would probably be throwing that 11 ton soda bottling machine through the wall like it was nothing.

My error, I was thinking "Mr. Fantastic", the rubberband man from FF. Yeah, Mr. Incredible is WAY up there. You are right, and it was an insane strength feat considering his general level of strength, but the web provided ALOT of leverage. Although he was still weaker than Venom, and even while Symbiote, was weaker than Sandman. So yeah, Spiderman may very well be stronger than Thing, can't remember much of what Thing did.

Hm, maybe. But Hulk's strength is also variable, on average he was weaker than Abom, but at his peak he overpowered him.

Oh, lol. In fact, considering who is on "Worldbreaker," he should be included among them IMO.

Scythe
Batman = Very strong human (Bale's at least)

Most SW characters don't really have many strength feats abouve average human, I'd guess.

Hahaha, cool.

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Batman is a top-tier street level. SW has Darth Vader and General Grievous to boast about.

I see, thanks.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jaden101
Please refrain from polluting the rest of the forum with comic book based trash...All it does is cause endless "debates" in which everyone thinks they can prove things that they know they can't. It's bullshit and it causes endless arguments.

And while we're at it, can a mod finally tidy up the movie forum...because how a thread titled "which movies based upon comics are most true to the comics" doesn't belong in the "comic book movies" forum is an utter mystery.

Finished having your ***** session ?

jaden101
My 5 star session?...I save that for your sister.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Finished having your ***** session ?

Dude, relax. He's right.

My 5 star session?...I save that for your sister. laughing

All 30 glorious seconds of it. laughing

jaden101
Best 30 seconds...scrub that...only 30 seconds of action that ugly cvnt will ever get in her life.

Kazenji
Originally posted by dadudemon
Dude, relax. He's right.

I suppose he is right when he comes to the the topic ""which movies based upon comics are most true to the comics" which should be moved. But when it comes to the other thing he mentioned "polluting the rest of the forum with comic book based trash" i disagree they made movies based on these comics why not use the movie version of these characters for the vs

My 5 star session?...I save that for your sister.

Wow thats a good comeback smartass

I don't know who your ****ing because i don't have a sister

Robtard
Brother then? I'm sure he'll give his @sshole that 5-star treatment too. Reach-around and everything.

Kazenji
Not even that.

dadudemon
Not even that.

Okay okay..

Lemme guess, no dad either?

JESUS CHRIST!

But, yes, comic book comparisons to "win a debate" here don't count. That's what I was saying he was right about.

jaden101
I suppose he is right when he comes to the the topic ""which movies based upon comics are most true to the comics" which should be moved. But when it comes to the other thing he mentioned "polluting the rest of the forum with comic book based trash" i disagree they made movies based on these comics why not use the movie version of these characters for the vs

So why not do it, and here's a really radical piece of thinking, in the COMIC BOOK MOVIES FORUM.

Placidity
So why not do it, and here's a really radical piece of thinking, in the COMIC BOOK MOVIES FORUM.

Um, I would say almost half of them arent Comic book movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.