DE Sidious vs ROTS Yoda, Mace, and Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
All out.

Invictus Legio
done to death

DE Sidious God-Stomps their butts.

Lord Lucien
Doubt it.

Invictus Legio
Sidius at this point apparrentlys knowz everything so a techniique calLED Falcon Punch is totally within his realm to duplicate .

Kotor3
DE Sidious gets rape and likes it.

Invictus Legio
No just no.

MadMel
yes just yes...DE sids is good, but he cant do this erm

Vorpal Ruin
Yup, Sidious goes down again.

Final Blaxican
Force storm.

Invictus Legio
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Yup, Sidious goes down again. Ok but who does he go down on 1st? smokin'

Hewhoknowsall
Yoda alone would be trouble for him. No way he can beat all of them.

beggars
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Yoda alone would be trouble for him. No way he can beat all of them.

For DE Sidious, Rots Yoda would have no chance at all. But I agree, although Sidious is god-like at DE, he can't hold them off for more than a minute.

Elite Hunter
Dooku and Mace don't stand a chance of lasting too long, the teams only hope of victory is to end the fight early otherwise I see Sidious taking it.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Dooku and Mace don't stand a chance of lasting too long, the teams only hope of victory is to end the fight early otherwise I see Sidious taking it.

mace doesn't stand a chance of lasting too long? did you watch Ep3?

windu PWND palpatine. the only reason windu died was because anakin was there to cut his hand off...windu would straight out win on his own...

yoda would PWN palpatine on level ground...and dooku would fail Happy Dance

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
mace doesn't stand a chance of lasting too long? did you watch Ep3?

windu PWND palpatine. the only reason windu died was because anakin was there to cut his hand off...windu would straight out win on his own...

yoda would PWN palpatine on level ground...and dooku would fail Happy Dance You do know that DE Sidious>>>>>>>>RoTS Sidious?

Gideon
You're confusing Sidious circa Revenge of the Sith with Sidious circa Dark Empire.

Monumental difference. As of the latter, he's the most powerful Force user ever.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Gideon
You're confusing Sidious circa Revenge of the Sith with Sidious circa Dark Empire.

Monumental difference. As of the latter, he's the most powerful Force user ever.

OH..........dark empire sidious...yeah, i'm not too great with all the abrieviations...

in that case: windu; yoda; and dooku would get PWND...and anyone watching the fight would die of immediate blindness and paralysis

Dr McBeefington
Force storm is going to do what exactly? He's fighting 3 of the most powerful combatants, simultaneously. There's no way in hell he'd win a saber duel unless their styles get in the way of attacking Sidious and severely limiting their abilities. I don't see Sidious walking away from this.

Lord Lucien
Can focus a Force Storm small enough to transport people...

Dr McBeefington
All the while someone is taking a saber to his back.

Borbarad
As of the latter, he's the most powerful Force user ever.

Proof? ^^

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Borbarad
Proof? ^^

Besides the fact that he was the most powerful by ROTS, had 20 more years studying the force by ROTJ, was put into a young body and had ridiculous force powers in DE?

Gideon
A great deal, actually. And it is beginning to be compiled here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t503589.html

CadoAngelus
A great deal, actually. And it is beginning to be compiled here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t503589.html

crikey...quite the essay there...

Nephthys
I wouldn't exactly call that giant vortex 'small' erm

DorianYates
ENOUGH with the spite threads kotor3.

Borbarad

Gideon
I have to give you credit, Nai. You and the rest of EoD's founding members have certainly made an art form of excuses. The bottom line is that your word, and understand me completely when I say this, is irrelevant. It has been for quite some time, and I imagine it will continue to be that way in the years to come.

That essay, brilliantly written and researched, is the culmination of every pro-Palpatine argument ever made. It is written from the premise of proving that he is the most powerful Force user ever. If you don't like it, well that's fine. You never did like that epiphany that he was much stronger than the ancient Sith and Dooku, did you?

The bottom line that despite your unsubstantiated complaints and criticisms, the essay still stands. Consider my end in this debate (the burden of proof) met.

I happily take your concession.

Nephthys
Mmmmmm, I love it when you're all dominant like this Gid. duroolio

Ik, I've been spending too much time around Faunus. sick

Gideon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Mmmmmm, I love it when you're all dominant like this Gid. duroolio

So does Nai. He's a glutton for punishment. He has a fetish for being on the receiving end of humiliation and defeat.

You're not alone, my child.

That never bodes well. I'd suggest being on your guard and not bringing any food near him.

Eminence
I win.

Gideon
Originally posted by Eminence
I win.

"Know."

He doesn't know all of us, nor has he gotten to know us in the Biblical sense.

(unlike u)

Eminence
Why would he (I thought Exodus was a girl; something to do with calling Revan "she" all the time) "know" me better than anyone else here?

No sense do you make.

Gideon
Why would he (I thought Exodus was a girl; something to do with calling Revan "she" all the time) "know" me better than anyone else here?

No sense do you make.

Two words, my friend: anal sex. When you two (and by that I mean you and Exodus) reach that stage, you pretty much know one another.

Eminence
ew thats agenst my religion

btw i wouldn't let anyone who had just had a--l s-x cook my food

Gideon
ew thats agenst my religion

btw i wouldn't let anyone who had just had a--l s-x cook my food

Haven't you heard that sodomists make the best chefs?

Eminence
no

neither has sidious66

Slash_KMC
no

neither has sidious66

Good memory. rolling on floor laughing

Genesis
I'm so curious about how powerful Plagueis was. Maybe he was more powerful than Sidious. Hopefully, we will know some day.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Genesis
I'm so curious about how powerful Plagueis was. Maybe he was more powerful than Sidious. Hopefully, we will know some day.

Nope. There was not sith more powerful than Sidious.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66

what about Darth Jesus?

Nephthys
DJ?? What a Hack1!! Darth Moses would beat him black and blue. I'm not even gonna tell you what Darth Hitler would do (it involves a significant absence of lube).

Slash_KMC
Pff, Darth Jesus is like Darth Revan. He has a lot of annoying fanboys who think he's awesome. But the fact is that we know little of him (canonically speaking) and lets face it, like Revan, he wasn't / isn't / shall not be real.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Pff, Darth Jesus is like Darth Revan. He has a lot of annoying fanboys who think he's awesome. But the fact is that we know little of him (canonically speaking) and lets face it, like Revan, he wasn't / isn't / shall not be real.

if he turned out to be real, i would bust a nut just thinking about it...

Genesis

How do you know? Darth Plagueis taught everything he knew to Sidious. I'm only assuming he had such features himself. Also, he apparently generated a human being purely out of the force. That's fairly amazing.

DorianYates
Sidious > plagueis.

Read Dark empire.

SIDIOUS 66
How do you know? Darth Plagueis taught everything he knew to Sidious. I'm only assuming he had such features himself. Also, he apparently generated a human being purely out of the force. That's fairly amazing.

Revenge of the Sith Visual dictionary: "THE SITH HAVE WAITED a millennium for the birth of one who is powerful enough to return them from hiding. Darth Sidious is that one."

Yep, Sidious knew pretty much everything Plaguies knew, and then went on to learn even more. Sidious not only had as much knowledge of the dark side as Plaguies, but his strength in the dark side was greater. Every sith after Bane had to hide to stay hidden, while Sidious was so powerful he was able to hide in plain site.

Eminence
Sidious didn't know how to create life. He says this clearly in RoDV. He also notes that Anakin was "willed" into existence by "the Force itself," which implies that Plagueis had no part in his creation.

Gideon
Sidious didn't know how to create life. He says this clearly in RoDV. He also notes that Anakin was "willed" into existence by "the Force itself," which implies that Plagueis had no part in his creation.

The New Essential Chronology and, if I recall, a couple of entries in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia disagree; it is very possible that Plagueis created Anakin.

Eminence
The New Essential Chronology and, if I recall, a couple of entries in the Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia disagree; it is very possible that Plagueis created Anakin. I would think the NEC would be overridden by Palpatine in this matter, but can you provide the passage from the Encyclopedia?

Gideon
I would think the NEC would be overridden by Palpatine in this matter, but can you provide the passage from the Encyclopedia?

Yeah, I'll look for them.

The problem is, Faunus, that Palpatine doesn't explicitly say that Plagueis did not have a hand in creating Anakin. The fact that he credits such an event with the Force is a lot like the old, tired argument that the Big Bang invalidates the presence of God (if He exists) in the creation of the universe.

The Force could have been acting through Plagueis or, taken literally, Plagueis was using the Force to create Anakin.

Genesis
Revenge of the Sith Visual dictionary: "THE SITH HAVE WAITED a millennium for the birth of one who is powerful enough to return them from hiding. Darth Sidious is that one."

Wait, so this means that Plagueis must be weaker? That "Visual Dictionary" doesn't say that Sidious is stronger than Plagueis. I'm thinking Plagueis was more powerful. Sidious murdered him in his sleep. I'm sure he was aware of his power.

Wait, how do we know Sidious learned more? Do you have a source that proves this? Do you also have anything that states Sidious was much stronger than Plagueis?

Sidious had to hide as well. This doesn't prove power. He had the intelligence to slowly place the Sith back into publicity. That has nothing to do with power, necessarily. I'm not arguing that Sidious isn't the most powerful. From what knowledge we have, he is. I'm just saying Plagueis may have been more powerful. I hope to learn more of Plagueis. It's too bad his novel was canceled. sad

Dr McBeefington
Wait, so this means that Plagueis must be weaker? That "Visual Dictionary" doesn't say that Sidious is stronger than Plagueis. I'm thinking Plagueis was more powerful. Sidious murdered him in his sleep. I'm sure he was aware of his power.
Sidious was more powerful than Plagueis eventually. He killed him when he deemed Plagueis unnecessary.

Nothing directly states this but we have plenty of sources that claim Sidious is the most powerful.

SIDIOUS 66
Wait, so this means that Plagueis must be weaker? That "Visual Dictionary" doesn't say that Sidious is stronger than Plagueis.
Well it would mean that Sidious was powerful enough, while every sith before him were not. So yes that would mean he had the power that Plagueis lacked.

Oh i am very sure Plagueis was very powerful. Why fight when you can easily kill them in their sleep?

If Mike Tyson decides to shoot me instead of fight me, does that mean i am a better fighter?

Because he went on to learn more after Plagueis's death. His knowledge of the force more than doubled after he conquered the galaxy. the Death Star novel, and the NEC both say Sidious was the most powerful sith in history.

Sidious hid in plain site. He worked around the jedi council while hiding his own force power, and even made it hard for Yoda to peer the future. So yeah that takes a lot of power and mastery to achieve.

Reread what you just wrote.

DARTH POWER
If Dooku and Mace add their own tremendous Force Powers to Yodas then I see DE Sidious going down since Leia and her unborn child added their powers to DE Lukes to defeat DE Palpatine.

Genesis
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Sidious was more powerful than Plagueis eventually. He killed him when he deemed Plagueis unnecessary.

Nothing directly states this but we have plenty of sources that claim Sidious is the most powerful.

Yes, Sidious is the most powerful that we know of. Also, Sidious murdered Plagueis in his sleep. I'm assuming he feared facing him while he was awake.

Red Nemesis
You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

Quoting The Odd Couple now, are we ?

Eminence
You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me. I still don't understand how you making an assumption would make an ass out of me, so until someone explains it to me I deem that expression retarded.

Dr McBeefington
Yes, Sidious is the most powerful that we know of. Also, Sidious murdered Plagueis in his sleep. I'm assuming he feared facing him while he was awake.

No. Sidious himself stated that Plagueis taught him too much to the point where he became unnecessary. And Sidious the most powerful sith lord in history. Not that we know of, but encompassing all sith.

バルムンク

A) Power can be defined as the "capacity to act effectively," so the quote wouldn't necessarily be making a reference to Sidious' power in the Force in the first place.

B) Ignoring how you wish to define power in this case, the statement doesn't even conclusively prove that Sidious was more "powerful" than every Sith before or after him. There are two factors involved in " powerful enough to return from hiding":

1. How "powerful" Sidious was.

2. How much "power" was required in returning the Sith from hiding.

would vary from Sith to Sith with the state of affairs in the Galaxy and with the Jedi and the Republic per their respective time periods.

バルムンク
... yeah those were supposed to be the Japanese characters for "Balmung," "Descendant of Fianna" and "The World."

mattatom

Eminence
Nebaris... you survived.

SIDIOUS 66

Genesis
You know what happens when you assume. You make an ASS out of U and ME.

Fixed. Failing while insulting someone is just terrible.

Red Nemesis
Fixed. Failing while insulting someone is just terrible.

Wow. You are incompetent and rude. This is a new low for you: the word 'you' cannot be suitably replaced by the letter 'u' in any complete sentence. As the phrase that I was referencing was (I believe) originally conveyed through speech, rather than text, the idiosyncrasies of letter/word interchangeability that so fascinates the internet was not relevant; one can not use 'u' in place of 'you' when speaking. As such, I was correct in using the English language rather than the mongrel 'internet speak' that you appear to favor. Might I suggest that before you attempt to condescend to someone you at least take a viable position? Being condescending and wrong is 'just terrible', or so I've been told.

Dr McBeefington
Wow, who's got the bigger verbal penis. That's hilarious.

Red Nemesis
Wow, who's got the bigger verbal penis. That's hilarious.

But I win, right!? RIGHT!?!?!?!?

Eminence
Wow. You are incompetent and rude. This is a new low for you: the word 'you' cannot be suitably replaced by the letter 'u' in any complete sentence. As the phrase that I was referencing was (I believe) originally conveyed through speech, rather than text, the idiosyncrasies of letter/word interchangeability that so fascinates the internet was not relevant; one can not use 'u' in place of 'you' when speaking. As such, I was correct in using the English language rather than the mongrel 'internet speak' that you appear to favor. Might I suggest that before you attempt to condescend to someone you at least take a viable position? Being condescending and wrong is 'just terrible', or so I've been told. laughing

The Nazi lives!

Red Nemesis
I am ashamed: this is the first relapse. I'm told that the first one is the hardest- the next ones get easier and easier...

Eminence
The relapse is entertaining.

And Gideon has left the building; there is no longer anyone here to discourage your Nazism.

Lord Lucien
Gideon's gone? Who's #1 now? Oh God! A power vacuum!

Genesis
Wow. You are incompetent and rude. This is a new low for you: the word 'you' cannot be suitably replaced by the letter 'u' in any complete sentence. As the phrase that I was referencing was (I believe) originally conveyed through speech, rather than text, the idiosyncrasies of letter/word interchangeability that so fascinates the internet was not relevant; one can not use 'u' in place of 'you' when speaking. As such, I was correct in using the English language rather than the mongrel 'internet speak' that you appear to favor. Might I suggest that before you attempt to condescend to someone you at least take a viable position? Being condescending and wrong is 'just terrible', or so I've been told.

I love the effort but your failure only grew. You really don't understand. It wasn't internet speak. The infamous "Assume" line has probably been around longer than you've been alive. Exit this discussion and discontinue embarrassing yourself. Your last retort only proves my point. When you come to realize this, my PM inbox is open for apologies.

Red Nemesis
I love the effort but your failure only grew. You really don't understand. It wasn't Internet speak. The infamous "Assume" line has probably been around longer than you've been alive. Exit this discussion and discontinue embarrassing yourself. Your last retort only proves my point. When you come to realize this, my PM inbox is open for apologies.

I've noticed a pattern recently. Sometimes people say things without thinking. I'm guilty of it sometimes, but I also try to call it when I see it. Sometimes this means that I have to call myself 'stupid' (which I've done plenty of times) and sometimes I have to call someone else stupid. This has happened plenty of times too. I'm afraid that our particular situation, Ninja, is the latter. The second thing I've noticed is that when someone really, really wants to be right they lose sight of the argument and simply want to be the 'winner' for the sake of the argument itself. At this point personal attacks generally start flowing like wine. For some reason, you and Dr. M (formerly DS) have a tendency towards this state of mind more than any other poster I've yet seen. Your defense mechanism is (or at least initializes) similar(ly), too. You both imply that the other poster (me) is somehow wrong, although you can't exactly define how. Then, having established (in your own minds) that you've proven the other poster (me) wrong you assert that they (I) am 'embarrassing myself' or some other condescending claptrap. All this does is establish your own lack of confidence in your position. It is similar to my grammar Nazism- I only used it (I quit some time ago) in an attempt to make myself win, not make myself right. You are making the same mistake, and you are looking just as foolish as I did.

Of course, my conclusions about you are based on a very small amount of interaction. Please, prove me wrong. If you can abandon your less than desirable 'debating' habits long enough to prove your point then you will have won. I'd love to be wrong about you, but I don't think I am.

The 'infamous assume line' is fairly archaic. As far as I know, however, the English character 'U' is never an acceptable replacement for the word 'you' in written communication outside of the mongrel 'text speak' that plagues the Internet. By using 'you' rather than 'u' to make the reference I was directly quoting the (verbal) source material (The Odd Couple, I think). The character said the phrase out loud- he can't possibly have said "'u' and me" because he can't have said 'u'. It just isn't a word to be expressed in the English language.

(Why would I PM you an apology? Have I done something to hurt your feelings? Meow meow want his bottle?)

((I watched a lot of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as a kid. So sue me.))

(((I realize that 'so sue me' is a sentence fragment, but this is a colloquialism that is used widely enough that I think it has become common usage.)))

Janus Marius
Wait, wut? When did this happen?

I like this line.

RN, sorry... tl; dr. But I think somewhere in there I saw Nazism, so you've officially verified Godwin's Law. Of course, it's not like it doesn't get verified in this forum like three times an hour anyways.

Red Nemesis
Yes yes... we all know about Godwin's law. You aren't special and no body loves you. Or do they...

shifty

Edit: Godwin only applies to Hitler himself though, right?

Janus Marius
I linked you to the all-knowing database in that post.

Eminence
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Gideon's gone? Who's #1 now? Oh God! A power vacuum! ***** please. I've been number one for years. You all know it.

LordPrydon
Wow. This discussion certainly went off the beaten track and went off topic in a hurry.

Red Nemesis
***** please. I've been number one for years. You all know it.

Pshaw. Crimzon has to support me (what's family for?) and I own Slash and Mattatom. Lucien is a wildcard and Valerian is weak!

Am I forgetting anyone? I'm sure they'd pick me anyway- you are a fatty.

Lord Lucien
I was complimented.

Eminence
I own MC, and Valerian, Hunter, and TG like me better. Even the conservative recognizes that you idolize and worship me as your "hero."

Also, both of your brutes are apprenticed to mine.

Red Nemesis
But srsly. Matatom (sp?) signed up a day away from me. How sweet is that? And slash is also a helper. I have a doppleganger and a helper. And Valerian is weak. And I drove Blax and Gideon away. Just don't make me mad and I won't bring out my secret weapon.

Red Nemesis
update

Eminence
But srsly. Matatom (sp?) signed up a day away from me. How sweet is that?Starkiller and I have the same birthday.

Not yours.

no

Also, they like me/fear me more than they do you.

Valerian's quiet. There's a difference.

Ushgarak drove both of them away.

STFU.

Don't you know that I run this place?

Red Nemesis
Starkiller and I have the same birthday.

Only a nerd would care.

Not yours.

R U cereal? He's like my own personal helper monkey.

no

Also, they like me/fear me more than they do you.
Blatantly false. I'm a NAZI dude. You can't beat that because you're a fatty. Anyway, I can always sick Forum Ninja on you/them.

Valerian's quiet. There's a difference.
False.

Ushgarak drove both of them away.
Really? You don't know? You're even worse at this than I thought.

STFU.

Don't you know that I run this place?

You don't run sh*t. Lyke, I was second until Gideon left (except for Autokrat. I'm scared of his whole 'I know philosophy' thing he has going.) and now I win.

You don't want to make me angry: TJ would come back and then everyone would be screwed.

Eminence
Only a nerd would care.This is a Star Wars forum.

Prove it, piss ant .

1.) Nazis aren't scary. Get out of the forties.

2.) Come up with your own dis. That one's firmly Gideon.

No.

I take your bait and shove it down your... ear.

Whatever helps you deal with the bed bugs in your Israeli bed.

TJ is a noob.

I think we've established that I am win. Now go home and cry to Moses.

LordPrydon
You are all full of yourselves. A pity.....it is a poor choice to let your guard down with inflated egos.....

Eminence
lolwut

Buh bye.

Borbarad
And I drove Gideon away.

Nope. That was me. You fail.

Eminence
Oh yeah...

You and Ush. Nazis, you.

Janus Marius
Careful, that's a ban-able offense.

Gideon
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Careful, that's a ban-able offense.

I'll be happy to PM you exactly what put me into retirement.

Borbarad
I'll be happy to PM you exactly what put me into retirement.

Your profile makes it pretty clear:

Gideon
Yeah, but seeing the bullshit firsthand makes it even better. It's the same reason Blax quit.

Borbarad
Yeah, but seeing the bullshit firsthand makes it even better. It's the same reason Blax quit.

In this case, I'd like one of that PMs, too.

Eminence
I already got one.

Ahead of the curve, I am.

Dr McBeefington
I'm pretty sure everyone knows why.

Janus Marius
KMC: We know drama.

Eminence
Copyright violation.

i soo

Janus Marius
Copyright violation.

i soo

http://i40.tinypic.com/b3wi8m.jpg

Eminence
I HAVE NO OFFICE

Janus Marius
Yeah, that's right. You have a cubicle.

Eminence
Pot, kettle, black.

Janus Marius
Last I checked, you didn't have permission to hack Escape's quotes.

Eminence
You make no sense.

Edit: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS301US301&q=pot+kettle+black&btnG=Search

Minor linkfail, but you'll live.

Janus Marius
I'm sorry for doubting you, master. Please forgive me.

That's what I thought.

Lord Lucien
I'm pretty sure everyone knows why. ... I don't.

Eminence
Originally posted by Janus Marius
That's what I thought. The place that pioneered that got deleted. Watch out, or you will too!

Janus Marius
Oh noez! Random Acts of Oppreshun!

Eminence
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
... I don't. Youz clueless.

Slash_KMC

R U cereal? He's like my own personal helper monkey.

WuT ?? ... You're a monkey.

You monkey around all the monkey time, you monker. While you were monkeying, you turned into an even bigger monkey. Your face is monkey. You live in a monkey cage with monkey furniture and monkey food in a monkey freakin' fridge. If the world was run by monkey's, you'd be a humanoid. If the word elephant meant monkey, then you'd be an elephant. If I wasn't lazy, I'd go find a monkey smilie, show it and tell everyone that was you. If there was a song about monkey's, then you wrote it. If there was a colour called monkey, then that'd be your skin colour.

You monkey.

Youz clueless.

Me too.

Eminence
Haha. I win.

Thanks Slash.

Red Nemesis
laughing

Eminence
A laugh of DEFEAT.

Red Nemesis
Shut up faunus.

Eminence

Red Nemesis
I'll thank you not to misquote my helper monkey. Elephant.

Eminence
I will smite you, heathen.

Genesis
I've noticed a pattern recently. Sometimes people say things without thinking. I'm guilty of it sometimes, but I also try to call it when I see it. Sometimes this means that I have to call myself 'stupid' (which I've done plenty of times) and sometimes I have to call someone else stupid. This has happened plenty of times too. I'm afraid that our particular situation, Ninja, is the latter. The second thing I've noticed is that when someone really, really wants to be right they lose sight of the argument and simply want to be the 'winner' for the sake of the argument itself. At this point personal attacks generally start flowing like wine. For some reason, you and Dr. M (formerly DS) have a tendency towards this state of mind more than any other poster I've yet seen. Your defense mechanism is (or at least initializes) similar(ly), too. You both imply that the other poster (me) is somehow wrong, although you can't exactly define how. Then, having established (in your own minds) that you've proven the other poster (me) wrong you assert that they (I) am 'embarrassing myself' or some other condescending claptrap. All this does is establish your own lack of confidence in your position. It is similar to my grammar Nazism- I only used it (I quit some time ago) in an attempt to make myself win, not make myself right. You are making the same mistake, and you are looking just as foolish as I did.

Of course, my conclusions about you are based on a very small amount of interaction. Please, prove me wrong. If you can abandon your less than desirable 'debating' habits long enough to prove your point then you will have won. I'd love to be wrong about you, but I don't think I am.

The 'infamous assume line' is fairly archaic. As far as I know, however, the English character 'U' is never an acceptable replacement for the word 'you' in written communication outside of the mongrel 'text speak' that plagues the Internet. By using 'you' rather than 'u' to make the reference I was directly quoting the (verbal) source material (The Odd Couple, I think). The character said the phrase out loud- he can't possibly have said "'u' and me" because he can't have said 'u'. It just isn't a word to be expressed in the English language.

(Why would I PM you an apology? Have I done something to hurt your feelings? Meow meow want his bottle?)

((I watched a lot of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood as a kid. So sue me.))

(((I realize that 'so sue me' is a sentence fragment, but this is a colloquialism that is used widely enough that I think it has become common usage.)))

No, just stop now. Do you think because you start your sentences with "I've noticed a pattern..." and splurge into some ridiculous psychological rant about me and my nonexistent trolling, sentence errors and sour debating makes it a reality? You screwed up. It's not the first time. Now, you're frustrated because I called you out on it. I know I used the english language incorrectly. I did it on purpose. It is a mechanic that is a part of the pun. You took it literally when I presented it to you facetiously. Does that mean you messed up once again?

Oh wait. In a few moments, Red Nemesis will come out with a novel of a post explaining how I am cleverly trolling and baiting everyone with my "string pulling" and excellent skills in manipulation! Any old explanation (Even if it lacks evidence, which it does one hundred percent of the time) to clear Red Nemesis from more than three f*ck ups in one thread.

Hold on now. He has changed it up a little. Now, you're trying to play the seasoned debater who can see right through my foolish facade because you've experienced where I've been before, like you've grown from anything (Which is grossly wrong because you cannot just admit that you screwed up the classic "Assume" quote despite the invalid grammar.)

You need to stop thinking you can see right through me, Dr. Phil.

You're a little less than colossally annoying at this point. The quote is not supposed to exhibit flawless English. Firstly, you didn't seem to notice that. You wrote that point in stone when you decided to prove you were taking the sentence literally in your next post. You did that once again in the second paragraph in your latest entry to this thread.

I'm sure you knew that, right? If you weren't so busy hounding me and following me around the GDF and the SWV, maybe you wouldn't have made three slip ups simultaneously in one thread.

"You make an ASS out of U and ME."

Do you see? It spells "ASSUME."

"You make an ASS out of YOU and ME."

"ASSYOUME." <--- Damn, that is not how "Assume" is spelt! Yikes.

Dr McBeefington
Weird RN, you are guilty of the exact same thing as I am. That means personal attacks, calling me wrong without backing it up, unable to back up your own arguments, and then deferring to Faunus to save your ass, so I would suggest that you increase your self awareness before continuing your hypocrisy.

Eminence
RN has haters.

Who knew?

Dr McBeefington
RN has haters.

Who knew?

stfu n00b

Red Nemesis
RN has haters.

Who knew?

lotz

Eminence
Smackdown plz.

Also, http://prime-eminence.mybrute.com/

Do it. You know you want to. I need pupils.

Red Nemesis
Weird RN, you are guilty of the exact same thing as I am. That means personal attacks, calling me wrong without backing it up, unable to back up your own arguments, and then deferring to Faunus to save your ass, so I would suggest that you increase your self awareness before continuing your hypocrisy.

This post is shorter than FN's so I'll do it first:
Accusations of hypocrisy:

personal attacks: Could you quote an earnest insult that I've launched that wasn't simply turnabout? I don't know that I've ever initiated an exchange of insults with you (let alone sent any good ones).
calling wrong without backing it up: lolwut? I've said in the BB2 that I disagree with you but that's a given. Again, an example of this might prove that you aren't just padding your rant to fit the rule of three.
inability to back my arguments: lolwut the second. I have statistics and authoritative sources to prove my points, and I use source material for my SW related arguments (russian site for the win). You have blogs and user generated content. And conjecture. Let's not forget "REVAN MITE HAVE KNOWN ALL OF MALAKOR SO HE BEATZ KAEDUS!'
Deferring to Faunus to 'save my ass': This is a lie. I've never used Faunus as a backup. That he is even marginally intelligent agrees with me (see what I did there?) means that he's rebutted your posts in the past. On occasion I've felt that there is no reason to triple team you (me/faunus/MC is a lot of responses to make) so I've stayed out of certain rounds. That doesn't mean that I defer to faunus. Anyway, I'm better than he is in every way. stick out tongue (jklolroflcoptr?)

I think that covers everything. If I missed anything I'll cover it in the inevitable follow up to salvage what little remains of your dignity- you've tried pulling rank (it didn't work), you've tried baseless assertions (I called you on them) and now you have two options: proof or insults. I strongly suggest that you go with the former.

Eminence
All this attention is going to my head.

Red Nemesis
No, just stop now. Do you think because you start your sentences with "I've noticed a pattern..." and splurge into some ridiculous psychological rant about me and my nonexistent trolling, sentence errors and sour debating makes it a reality? You screwed up. It's not the first time. Now, you're frustrated because I called you out on it. I know I used the English language incorrectly. I did it on purpose. It is a mechanic that is a part of the pun. You took it literally when I presented it to you facetiously. Does that mean you messed up once again?
You almost seem like a DS sock. You use the same 'embarrassing yourself' line, you scoff at proper grammar and any show of intelligence and you are a question talker. (scratch that?)

Anyway, I don't think that you're trolling here. You misused a quote (unless I'm wrong and the first usage was in a written format that allows for the 'u'/'you' switch) and now you don't want to admit it. If you show me that the joke was originally text based, or at least included a written component I'll back off. It just doesn't make sense for a joke that relies on the auditory similarity between the name of the letter 'u' and explicit meaning of the word 'you' to be a letter. The letter 'u' does not mean 'the person one is addressing'. As such it is nonsense if written/spoken that way. The joke holds if (as most jokes are) it was originally spoken and someone overanxious to emphasize the punchline wrote 'u' instead of 'you'. This would even explain your (incorrect) belief about the correct version- you might have seen the ham handed (is there a dash there?) version first.

Oh wait. In a few moments, Red Nemesis will come out with a novel of a post explaining how I am cleverly trolling and baiting everyone with my "string pulling" and excellent skills in manipulation! Any old explanation (Even if it lacks evidence, which it does one hundred percent of the time) to clear Red Nemesis from more than three f*ck ups in one thread.
Was our initial disagreement (about your trolling) in this thread? If not, what were the 'three f*ck ups?

You were trolling. That's why you're on ignore. Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading your posts. I suppose I'm committed to respond, so here goes:
1. You aren't trolling/baiting right now (unless you are, in which case I'm falling for it)
2. What three f*ck ups?
3. I've given you my interpretation of why I think you are a troll. I see no reason to search through the archives just to reiterate a point I've made already.

Hold on now. He has changed it up a little. Now, you're trying to play the seasoned debater who can see right through my foolish facade because you've experienced where I've been before, like you've grown from anything (Which is grossly wrong because you cannot just admit that you screwed up the classic "Assume" quote despite the invalid grammar.)
Well, I did use the tactics you are using and now I try not to because of an increased awareness of how others view those tactics. If that isn't personal experience and growth then I don't know what is.

I've given you my rationale for why the joke cannot possibly use 'u'. If you have some evidence that discredits it (like the original usage, which would outweigh any logic or convention) then please submit it. Otherwise, I will not be responding to you again.

You need to stop thinking you can see right through me, Dr. Phil.
When a mature mind interacts with a less mature mind (especially a similar, albeit less capable one) it is hard not to see right through it. You haven't surprised me yet, except maybe in the vitriol of your posts.

You're a little less than colossally annoying at this point. The quote is not supposed to exhibit flawless English. Firstly, you didn't seem to notice that. You wrote that point in stone when you decided to prove you were taking the sentence literally in your next post. You did that once again in the second paragraph in your latest entry to this thread.
It is a play on the syllables (phones?) of the word. There is nothing to suggest that it was written by a nincompoop. You still haven't proven that it was originally written with a 'u' so this remains an unsupported assertion. You're looking more and more like DS.

I'm sure you knew that, right? If you weren't so busy hounding me and following me around the GDF and the SWV, maybe you wouldn't have made three slip ups simultaneously in one thread.
You have this idea that I'm 'following you around' in these two forums. What you haven't noticed is that we've had exactly three interactions: your original trolling thread on the SWVF, followed by a long, blissful period of solitude, a choice remark of mine on the GDF (where you again claimed that I was 'stalking you' even though we'd only interacted once at that point) and this final clash in this thread. That's hardly 'hounding' you. Also: you might notice that it was you that initiated our latest argument.

And I'd like to know what the 'three slip ups' were.

"You make an ASS out of U and ME."

Do you see? It spells "ASSUME."

"You make an ASS out of YOU and ME."

"ASSYOUME." <--- Damn, that is not how "Assume" is spelt! Yikes.

You know, if you say these out loud (or simply have a basic understanding of articulating the English language) you find that these two phrases are indistinguishable when spoken aloud. Since it was first used in a conversation (which for our purposes means between two people in person) it can be reasonably assumed that the speaker was using words. 'U' is not a word. The changeover (if this is caused by an honest difference in our introduction to the phrase, rather than a deliberate attempt at conflict) would have been made by a writer worried about emphasizing the play on words, probably someone unsure of their general linguistic ability. There's no reason that we can't simply have been introduced to different forms. (Which is just a roundabout way of saying that I'm right because I have changed less from the original form. I have more fidelity than joo.)

Edit: would someone quote the evidence he brings, if he choses to support his position? I see no reason to read another rant if he can't rationally support his position. A concession speech is acceptable material to convey as well.

Dr McBeefington
This post is shorter than FN's so I'll do it first:
Accusations of hypocrisy:

personal attacks: Could you quote an earnest insult that I've launched that wasn't simply turnabout? I don't know that I've ever initiated an exchange of insults with you (let alone sent any good ones).
I will find.

Nobody is ranting. I'm just laughing at your "i'm right you're wrong" arguments.

I don't even know what the Revan quote is in regards to but you've constantly shown the inability to understand arguments to the point where people had to point them out for you. Yes, I'm sure your sources were authoritative while mine weren't because they were disproving yours. Try again.

Please. You've yet to show any kind of understanding of arguments where people don't have to hold your hand throughout the entire spam of those arguments. My dignity is the last thing i would worry about when I type to you.

Genesis
You know what? I'm not walking away this time. You've irritated and harassed me in a thread for the last time. I told you to back off of me but you've chosen not to listen. Now, I'm going to embarrass you. I grow tired of this nonsense from you, Red Nemesis.

Troll, sock, patronizer, etc.

When will you just give it up? You place grammar at the head of the debating race like it shows the importance of your message. Sure, it helps others to understand you conveniently and properly but for as long as I've been here, you haven't done much against me in a debate. Everything you've accused me of, you've lacked total evidence. I've questioned you and you have given me baseless rhetorical rants instead of answers. You do nothing but try to analyze everyone you debate with in some horrible attempt to pass yourself off as an intellectual individual. I love your English skills. They're great. Perception? Debating? Logic? It appears you're lacking in these aspects.

Of course you'd disagree. After all, this is probably just some clever device I'm using as the most amazing troll to ever grace the 'net, right? I'm sure you'll give me some shaky, unsupported and lengthy explanation as to why I'm such an all star troll. Or wait, am I sock this time?

Yes! Of course! This is Red Nemesis' latest conclusion! Hell, I might even believe it if it was evidence. Well, I might even believe it if you didn't change your accusation every time you follow me around from thread to thread.

Wrong. You misused it. How? You thought that you aced it by using organized grammar. It doesn't matter. The whole purpose is to peer at the quote and recognize that the words utilized in the former fragment in that particular sentence spells "Assume."

It relies on one or the other, depending on the context it's used in. That seems obvious. When you use it in a text-based context, you're supposed to amplify each entry of the word by using integration quotes, such as this:

When you assume, you make an "ass" out of "u" and "me."

Let's pick them out for elaboration.

"ass"
"u"
"me"

"assume"

^ It's a great discovery!

It does make sense. It doesn't grammatically but not all jokes rely on such language precision.

You trying to mask a nasty mistake. Actually, you're still doing it! It's great you're putting more effort into it know. You get kudos for effort, at least. I'm impressed.

No, I am not. If anything, you are. You didn't contribute anything relevant to the thread as it stood within our discussion, you replied to my statement with a derogatory quote and then you waited for me to respond and indulged in a rant to chew at your bait.

You're either extremely ignorant or you're a flawless troll. Hopefully, if you reply, you'll explain to me a valid reason that evades yourself from being a fierce troll.

I've told you twice in this thread. Read down.

Yes, a point. Nothing more. One that lacks any cohesive evidence.

You haven't learned much from this experience or our last one. It's absurd. You've made it clear you cannot see past your deadly grammatical skills for something as redundantly simple as a pun that plays on words.

Essentially, you're still using them. It's just more irony. It's a sad irony though. The more hilarious part of this is that you thought it was just some modern "internet speak integration of the quote. Is this more of that maturity you obtain?

I've given you evidence that credits it. More than once, actually. I just did a few quotes ago. You haven't given me any rationale that makes you right. You just rambled on about how wrong it is simply because the grammar is incorrect. Your logic is that because the grammar within the quote is incorrect, it must execute the possibility that a text-based joke is valid. You're stubborn and nothing more.

Listen to this. Is this more hypocrisy? You're being condescending. You complained about me doing this earlier.

I don't get it. You need to explain this to me clearly. I never knew maturity involved lobbing a remark at someone in a thread (which was off topic, by the way) when you're not even involved in the discussion. I could understand it perfectly if you had been in the middle of a passionate debate with me but you weren't. You entered the thread with the intent to ...

Dare I say ... troll me?

Hypocrisy. Further down in your last post, you state without a doubt that it was a spoken quote.

The PURPOSE of the pun is not only the factual element of it. The two words and the one letter within the sentence is meant to spell "Assume." It's no coincidence or fluke. There's more than one humorous aspect. It's multi-layered. That's why it's such an effectively funny quote. This isn't exclusive information, you know.

No, I wasn't trolling. You assumed I was and even had the nerve to inform me of my intent. You gathered no evidence and simply walked away because you could not get anywhere. Why? Well, the argument would have ended long before your ridiculous rants if you have proof instead of aimless jargon.

Genesis
No, you decided to throw accusations my way once again. You do not do that with anyone else. There are plenty of trolls on this board. Why not go bark at them? I've never trolled on this forum and I don't intend on doing so. Also, I thought I was on you ignore list. You just cannot resist a meaningless fight, can you? You had to click on that little tab that reveals my post, didn't you? Ugh, addictions are harmful.

Why, because I legitimately fixed your quote that was used against me? You're either dreaming or you don't realize that you once again threw a jab at me:

Um, the three last posts you made before this one.

Oh, Red Nemesis! You're a gem of a fellow!

We're not saying it out loud. That's the whole damn point and you're missing it. It's pathetic and outrageously ridiculous. You're just not understanding. I explained the purpose of the quote earlier on, right? When you use it in the context you did, the correct way to use the pun doesn't require correct English.

It requires a "U."

Wait, how do you know it was first used in a conversation? It would seemingly have been used in writing, seeing as the aspect of the jest lies within the text it conveys. You understand that, right? It's amusing because you're so precise with your grammar but you couldn't see past a simple abstraction relating to a joke because of that. It's almost ironic. Sort of a "precise miss." An oxymoron, right?

I'm done here. You're hopeless. Stop following me around, please. Go find someone else to bother. Who knows, you might find someone who will put up with your empty accusations and random jabs. I won't. Hopefully, you'll appreciate the free education.

SIDIOUS 66
Are you guys serious?

Slash_KMC

Red Nemesis
What do you know. He uses the 'u' in 'assume' to emphasize the word 'you' in the phrase 'ass out of you and me'. He uses words, so 'you' is part of the phrasing of the joke, but 'u' is employed as the emphasis:

"May I use the blackboard, your honor?"
"Yes!"
"Thank you, your honor"
*bows*

"Miss Olaf... You should never assume, because, when you assume...

you make an ass

of you

and me."

"That's very good."

It seems painfully obvious that the word said is 'you' while the emphasis of the joke (the prop) is the letter 'u' on the blackboard. I wasn't using a blackboard so I only said the words of the joke, not the actions.

Eminence

laughing

Red Nemesis
Why the laugh? Did I win?

It doesn't look like you think I won.

*shakes fist*

edit: /insecurity?

Eminence
You U (see what I did there?) are going to be embarrassed like the silly homoloving selfhating antiAmerican liberal u are.

Red Nemesis
I see.

/insecurity for realz

Eminence
I lol'd at this:Cuz it was funny.

Genesis
Red Nemesis, you TOTALLY missed what I said. It makes me sad.

lol@magicalenglishpunz?

Eminence
I still don't understand how you making an assumption would make an ass out of me, so until someone explains it to me I deem that expression retarded.

Genesis
This is an amazing question. Can someone answer this?

Slash_KMC
He said it because the girl was making an ass out of herself, because she was assuming stuff (like assuming Ragnos is the most powerful Sith Lord).

And she was making an ass out of him by assuming something that would be stated officially by her so he would have another disadvantage in the case and maybe lose the case because of it, which would make him an ass in the eyes of the person he was defending because he was so sure that key witness would help and if you are so certain of something and are an ******* while doing so, but it shows that you weren't right it'd make you an ass.

Savvy ?

Genesis

Anyone besides Captain Jack Sparrow?

Slash_KMC
I seriously take that as a compliment.

Janus Marius
Because of someone's making ridiculous assumptions and you're arguing with them beyond a certain point, you're essentially arguing with a stop sign.

Red Nemesis
Carry on.

Edit: I hope DS sees this. There's a joke in there.

Janus Marius
His name, or the literalism?

Red Nemesis
literalism -> liberalism. It is the sort of thing that might make him happy.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>