New AVP Game in the Works

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/11/sega-pits-aliens-vs-predator-on-360-ps3-in-early-2010/

Today Sega has announced that a new Alien vs. Predator game is in development for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The game will come out in early 2010.

Because of this game being in development, they say we won't be seeing Aliens: Colonial Marines anytime soon (RAGE mad ).

Well anyways, I'm glad that they're making this game and I hope it'll be a lot of fun.

Scarlet Fox
Im a HUGE fan of the Alien and Predator Movies. I loved how they clashed the two species together too. I have AVP 1 and 2 for the computer and am looking forward to this game.

jinXed by JaNx
Unless this is designed using the format from the PC games i really couldn't care less. Considering that Sierra was behind the previous AvP games and the new one is being produced by Sega tells me to expect dogshit. I have no confidence in Segas' abilities to produce games. I know, rebellion is back but it's a different team and Sega blows at producing.

Seriously, this is fuking disgusting. They abandon Colonial Marines, a game that was nearly finished, for a completely new project...

Kazenji
I agree this is gonna turn out shit

and they have'nt abandond Colonial Marines its still coming just don't expect it this year.

Smasandian
Sierra did not do anything with actual development. It was Rebellion, and Monolith for the two games.

Alien: Colonial Marines is still in development but is going to be release after this game. It still being released and its still being done by Gearbox, who is a pretty good developer.

This game is being produced by the same team as the original. Its not a different team, its the same team.

If you have two good developing firms, why should we expect dogshit if Sega is publishing it. They have no control over how the game is being developed.

DorianYates
WHAT?? They delayed A: CM again?

Good god at this rate that game is going to get cancelled.

First they say it will be released in march, and then june and now 2010?
Wtf man and not to mention the new AVP game is going to be console exclusive, what absolute BS.

Kazenji
Just shows PC gaming is going down the drain.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Smasandian
Sierra did not do anything with actual development. It was Rebellion, and Monolith for the two games.

Alien: Colonial Marines is still in development but is going to be release after this game. It still being released and its still being done by Gearbox, who is a pretty good developer.

This game is being produced by the same team as the original. Its not a different team, its the same team.

If you have two good developing firms, why should we expect dogshit if Sega is publishing it. They have no control over how the game is being developed.

I thought Sega was going to be producing as well as distributing AvP. If they are merely distributing the game that gives me some hope. So, it's going to be the same team developing and not just the same name ?

Colonial Marines..., at this point, I'll believe it when i see it.

Final Blaxican
There was actually a reasonably lengthy article on it in Game Informer.

DorianYates
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just shows PC gaming is going down the drain. No it isn't.

Smasandian
What does PC have to do with a game being delayed. Hell, most delayed games turn out better than non delayed games and its pretty much assumed most games will be delayed one time or another.

Sega isnt producing the game. Gearbox, and Rebellion are developing it. I dont know if Sega has any say but those two developers are doing it.

I think one of the reasons Gearbox is delaying Aliens: CM is because they are developing Borderlands, 3 other rumoured games and just finished Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway. They are also from the same mold as Valve on where they take forever to develop it.

Raoul
Colonial Marines delayed AGAIN?

FAIL.

out of all the games i was looking forward to this year, CM was the one i wanted the most...

DorianYates
^ Exactly.

i'm hoping A: CM would be better than left 4 dead and be an awesome game.

Nemesis X
Just shows PC gaming is going down the drain.

Agreed. 360 and PS3 is right where the money is.

AVP better make up for the delay of Colonial Marines because if not, I'm gonna be really pissed off. They have no right to make an awesome game such as this to be delayed.

DorianYates
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Agreed. 360 and PS3 is right where the money is.

Even if the game is PC exclusive? Doesn't make sense does it. But i'm going to assume piracy is what made you say that which os pretty muc true.

Kazenji
I know with that installing games through Steam or making PC games exclusive to a certain windows so they can install was trying to put a stop to Piracy But i just hate that idea.

DorianYates
The thing is, it is not easy to stop piracy and as a PC gamer ,i absolutely hate that crap known as DRM or securom, they treat the real customers like criminals and because of that i had actually seen people pirate the game because of that.

Nemesis X
People are pirating PC games? Didn't know that. Honestly, I think PC gaming sucks. Which is why I stick to the 360 and PS3.

Scythe
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Im a HUGE fan of the Alien and Predator Movies. I loved how they clashed the two species together too. I have AVP 1 and 2 for the computer and am looking forward to this game.

Same here, I agree completely. I hope it has good online matches.

Kazenji
People are pirating PC games? Didn't know that. Honestly, I think PC gaming sucks. Which is why I stick to the 360 and PS3.

Why does PC gaming suck for you ?

Nemesis X
Why does PC gaming suck for you ?

Because the controls are difficult. Why haven't people ever thought of inventing a controller for the computer games and not the frggin mouse and keyboard?

Scythe
Because the controls are difficult. Why haven't people ever thought of inventing a controller for the computer games and not the frggin mouse and keyboard?

They have. They make special joysticks and game pads for PC games. Many hardcore PC gamers that I know have rigged their PS2 or Xbox controllers to play PC games.

Raoul
i've used a ps2 pad to play pc games.

and i seriously doubt, with world of warcraft, dawn of war 2 and starcraft on the way, that pc gaming is in any massive trouble...

Kazenji
Also add Diablo 3.

Smasandian
Mouse and keyboard is the way to go for RTS, and FPS.

You can use a controller for most of those games, but whats the point?

Raoul
Mouse and keyboard is the way to go for RTS, and FPS.

You can use a controller for most of those games, but whats the point?

there is none.

Raoul

Nemesis X
Sega is like a drunk who took a dump in the brownie bowl at the new years party. What they did is just stupid.

DorianYates
Congragulations! ACM got cancelled.

Kazenji
Sega can go and stick its head up sonics ass

Nemesis X
First Sega kills Sonic and now the Alien games. Doesn't the company have enough hate already?

ThunderGodEneru
Has ACM really been cancelled?

Smasandian
Nobody knows.

I won't be surprised if somebody else picks this up.

DorianYates
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Has ACM really been cancelled? I seriously hope not, they keep delaying delaying delaying, now they are saying sega is pulling funds and halting(not cancelling it yet) ACM's development.

Im fine with the june release date, but to push it back till next year and then hinting to us it might be cancelled is extremely annoying.

Sure, the game may be similar to left 4 dead, but i am so sick of these cliche zombie's(i only enjoy playing as a zombie in that game) genre where you shoot countless zombies but at the least there are classes in this game and the aliens are actually smart.

Was so hyped up and now this sandsack of crap pops up.

Scythe
So wait, in ACM, you could play as Aliens?

Kazenji
Wheres this info the game would be like Left 4 Dead ??

its a Squad-Based Shooter sorta like Gearbox Softwares other games Brothers In Arms.

DorianYates
I just think its similar, 4 people co op vs a bunch of aliens just that yea.

But what exactly is a squad base shooter?

Smasandian
It's going to be like GRAW in terms that you control one character at a time but can control 3 others by stepping in their shoes.

There will be online co-op and even though it sounds like Left 4 Dead, its not going to be like that.

Kazenji
Found out that Aliens RPG is still in the works

Also i had a look at AVP 2 for the PC for the reviews, Seriously 5/10 on gamespot WTF ??

Smasandian
Your looking at the expansion pack Primal Hunt.

Gamespot gave AVP2 8.7.

SaTsuJiN
ugh.. I'm trying to beat the marine campaign on AVP2... and I'm going insane ... >_<

Scythe
What is Primal Hunt exactly?

Kazenji
Its a prequal to the second game

I've got it i thought it was okay the levels went for longer

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
ugh.. I'm trying to beat the marine campaign on AVP2... and I'm going insane ... >_<

The only part that i had trouble with was beating the predator.

Scythe
Oh, thanks.

Raoul
http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/2009/02/segas-aliens-games-are-not-cancelled-may-get-new-developers.html

Kazenji
May get new developers ??

Better not happen with Colonial Marines that ones been through a couple already.

Nemesis X
I bought an official Xbox Magazine yesterday talking about AVP. The game looks actually good. There will be a campaign mode for each side. When you play as a Marine, you'll have survival horror experience. When you play as the Predator, you'll do trophy kills that will show the Predator skinning the head. They say this scene will be so violent, it's unknown if it will be cut out or not (and this an M rated game. Must be pretty violent). When you play as an Alien you can use the shadows to hide from enemies and can crawl on solid surfaces. Also you can watch sides fighting eachother and when there's only one left, you can pick off the winner.

Kazenji
That Alien Campaign going by the description is not that much different to the PC one.

Raoul
YRgya1TAt14

Nemesis X
First they delay a game that was almsot finished and now the game that caused the delay won't appear until 2010. That's what I hate about these things, they announce a game that looks so kick ass and they say "It'll be out next year". Next year? You're showing people all this awesome stuff and you expect us to wait that long? When people get hyped for a game they'll go nuts if they have to wait a year.

This game better be good for making me wait this long.

Smasandian
Stop complaining.

It's a fact of life in the entertainment industry that you will have to wait for a product to be released. A year is nothing for a game.

SaTsuJiN
so they've released no media for it and it comes out next year?.. sounds a bit.. duke nukem forever-esque if ya ask me

I hope it tops AvP2

Smasandian
Nah, if it was to be released next year, next winter could potentially happen.

Kazenji
Stop complaining.

laughing out loud

thats a bit hard for Nemesis X

Raoul
I remember playing AVP years ago, so when i heard about this, i decided to get used to the series again, and i got my hands on avp2.

That is one damn fine game.

The alien and predator campaigns are insanely fun, but the best part? the marine campaign. i've never played a game that captured the movies so well. the sfx, the lighting, everything... possibly the scariest and most accurate adaptation i've ever seen.

its only now, as an adult, that i can truly appreciate all the little things that make it so damn good.

replicate that for avp3, give me some marines so i'm in a squad like in halo or gears, and i'd give my right eye for the game.

Nemesis X
This adult stuff, are they still going to tag this as a rated M for mature game or is it really gonna be AO (adults only)?

Making a game AO just because you see a severed human head gasping for air while the spinal cord is still intact is a load of bullcrap. I play games that are as violent as a still living severed head and they're rated M not AO.

Smasandian
It's going to be M.

Kazenji
Most likey MA 15+ here

Raoul
I wonder if there'll be much squad gameplay for the marine, or if that's being used in CM instead as they had said before...

Smasandian
I think it will be like the original, and sequel AVP.

Nemesis X
It's probably gonna annoy gamers that when they kill an Alien, acid blood will be on them and instantly die.

Kazenji

Hopefully with this game the single player campaigns for each class are longer like the first AVP rather then avp 2

and people will tell them to shut up and go watch the movies stick out tongue

Scythe
It's probably gonna annoy gamers that when they kill an Alien, acid blood will be on them and instantly die.

Why should it. It balances out the Xenos since, you know.... They don't have any guns... It stays true to the characters as well. If that's a problem, they should go play Halo or something else.

Smasandian
In AVP2, you get injured when you get hit with Alien blood. It wasnt a big deal so it should be fine.

Wolverine2179
Let me guess, this game is console exclusive?

Smasandian
Probably not. Considering it was originally a PC game, it would be kinda of dumb to not produce a PC version of the game.

Raoul

yeah, most likely...

Probably not. Considering it was originally a PC game, it would be kinda of dumb to not produce a PC version of the game.

yeah. i think in the video they said it would be PC based...

chambers
Please read on similar information at the griefster website. Hope you enjoy the reading.

Morridini
Teaser trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/teaser-trailer-aliens-vs/49480

Basicly just shows the title and three short cuts of each species.

Raoul
was just about to post that lol...

looks good to me.

Smasandian
It's the originally developers of the AVP franchise, so I expect good to decent things.

I just hope they learn how to tell a story and the difficulty level from Monolith.

Raoul
http://www.destructoid.com/spike-tv-announces-vgas-e3-first-look-special-132964.phtml

Scythe
Neat.

Raoul
http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=61&ch=2&sd=0

WO Polaski
oh my god that game looks sexy.

Raoul
aye. can't wait to play... i love the view modes the predator has. and that part where he's watching humans fight aliens...

Nemesis X
I'm so gonna play the Predators first. They're better with the kills. Aliens I'll play second and humans I'll play last.

Gamerr-X
Seeming as Predator is my fav ill save them till last, or I might just play them straight away!

SaTsuJiN
I might play marine just to get my reaction time up.. then I'll move on to alien and predator for fun

Raoul
Pred Gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50382

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-aliens-vs/50380

Kazenji
With the predator campaign i wonder if you can use the energy recharger came in handy with AVP 2.

SaTsuJiN
energy seemed to drain too fast in AvP2 campaign, considering you only got 1 extra recharger

Smasandian
It wasn't that fast.

What do you mean extra recharger?

Raoul
One thing from the trailer (among all the other wonderful things) that really impressed me was the jumping system for the predator. helps to add a somewhat superhuman quality to the guy...

jinXed by JaNx
HOly shit...,Aliens vs predator 3/ Colonial Marines, Ghostbusters 3, Turtles in time , MArvel Vs Capcom and MArvel Ultimate Alliance 2...,Dude, you can't be firing this many great games at me at once. I'm gonna have to quit my job.

SaTsuJiN
It wasn't that fast.

What do you mean extra recharger? I mean like when you use either the homing disc or the shoulder plasma cannon.. you basically were forced to use the 1 energy recharger that you were given.. after that you were basically screwed and had to use claws / extend staff

Smasandian
Ahh I see.

Bluesteel
This game looks very promising, I cant wait and I really love the part that they are making the predator vision more like in the movie where the prey is very easy to see but the surroundings become somewhat harder to see. give give give, avp2 was and still is a favorite when me and my friends are having LAN's. Nothing beats the overpowered grandelauncher thats attached to the pulse rifle hehe big grin

Kazenji
Originally posted by Bluesteel
This game looks very promising, I cant wait and I really love the part that they are making the predator vision more like in the movie where the prey is very easy to see but the surroundings become somewhat harder to see.

Its not that new you could do that in the other AVP games.

Bluesteel
Erm in the other avp games everything just became say blue, the surroundings didint become obscure like in the video I saw of this game.

Kazenji
Found out some things on how the Marines fit into it all

on planet BG-386 a colonist mining group discovers ancient ruins containing a dark and horrible secret - a vicious and deadly race. The Marines get dispatched to the planet when contact is lost with the colonists. Meanwhile across the stars a race of Predator warriors is alerted to the discovery and a hunting party is sent there to keep the secrets hidden.

-Pr-
Marine trailer:

GljJpco0VZI

Kazenji
Damn this new AVP is looking great.

steverules_2
I want this to be out already looks amazing, my fav AvP game is the one that capcom made which I have on my PSP but...think this one could actually take it's place as my fav

-Pr-
yeah, i'm really psyched for it too. looks like it's gonna be a great game.

Spidervlad
Oh god I almost jizzed in my pants watching these trailers.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
yeah, i'm really psyched for it too. looks like it's gonna be a great game.

I loved the look of the predator and marine vid's, I look forward to seeing what can be done with Alien...I think with alien you can: Spit acid, use your tongue thing, use your tail and scale walls

There may be a few other things but I think thats mainly it

Kazenji
Spit acid ?.........thats a new thing for the games.

steverules_2
Well I believe it's something they can do...the aliens that is...i believe it was in Alien Resurrection where that first happened, and they need a long range weapon, the predator has the plasma castor (may have spelt that wrong) and the marine's have their...plasma guns and so on...so it would only be logical for the Alien to have a long range weapon which would be spitting acid smile

jinXed by JaNx
They should keep the two classes of Aliens as the classic Human/Xenomorph and Predalien kind. I think spitting acid would take away from their play style.

Kazenji
There also a third class for the Aliens they've had it in a couple of the AVP games

http://aliens.wikia.com/wiki/Praetorian

steverules_2
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
They should keep the two classes of Aliens as the classic Human/Xenomorph and Predalien kind. I think spitting acid would take away from their play style.

The ones in Alien resurrection were human/Xenomorph ones. If you remember the aliens created in Alien 4 were all put into hosts bought over by that ship, they were strapped down whilst an egg opened and placed a xenomorph into each human host smile

-Pr-
j6E8Y7U-qsQ

Admiral Akbar
Looks great, multiplayer is going to be amazing..assuming they can balance the gameplay.

Scythe
Neat.

-Pr-
Few gameplay vidoes and a first impression here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?main=site&section=articleeurogamerexpo

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by -Pr-
Few gameplay vidoes and a first impression here:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/index.php?main=site&section=articleeurogamerexpo

Cool. The Alien race is more fun than I expected them to be.

Kazenji
Multiplayer vid

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/11/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-trailer/

that Predator Hunt sounds fun.

Nemesis X
The gameplay and the story lines for each party in the game better be good. I hope it makes up for the delay of Colonial Marines.

Kazenji
The gameplay and the story lines for each party in the game better be good.

Should be considering its from the same lot who did the original game.

jinXed by JaNx
All i care about is Colonial Marines but i'm definitely excited to play this. This game better do well so Aliens; CM doesn't get cancelled

Smasandian
It might.

I can't wait. I always loved Alien games.

Nemesis X
So how do you think the story mode for the Aliens will work? Will you get subtitles to understand what the Alien Queen is ordering you to do or something? I hope this doesn't end up like Battlefront where you just kill things at random and not have a deep story plot behind it.

Ms.Marvel
have you played the older AvP games? i think it'll probably play out like that

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
have you played the older AvP games? i think it'll probably play out like that

No I haven't played the older AvP games. If that's the case then I'll take my $60 elsewhere. I'm a gamer that's into good single player with a good plot.

Ms.Marvel
my point was that the plot for the alien was a lot of fun in the older games.

but yes you should save your money. the SP experience wont be > the multiplayer experience.

Smasandian
No I haven't played the older AvP games. If that's the case then I'll take my $60 elsewhere. I'm a gamer that's into good single player with a good plot.

How do you know how the old games play if you havn't played them?

When you played as the alien in the second game, you didn't get a story told from your perspective but the story played out in a way that you could understand it.

As a human, you constantly talked to your boss, and read notepads found laying around in the game like you do in other FPS.

As the predator and alien, you overheard conversations and such from NPC's and had a ton of scripted events.

The story was really good in AvP2. It was done by Monolith, the developers who created FEAR, Condemned and No One Lives Forever. They weaved all three species into one cohesive story and you could play them in any order. They also had little clues that joined all there campaigns together. For example, you play as a alien, tearing shit up. When you play as the marine, you show up after the alien tears shit up and deal with consequences. As a predator, your the reason why the alien could tear shit up and stuff. So it all joined together. It was awesome.

This AvP is done by the original creators of the franchise, which was more a action game without any plot. But it was done a long time ago so it was normal for that time to do so.

Nemesis X
I haven't seen much of the AvP games and I thought they were just games where you run around like it's Battlefront but I realize now that it isn't because I just went and saw several vids on Youtube about the games and I must say they look good. Maybe now I have thoughts on getting it when it's out.

Kazenji
Well your obvisouly using a PC go out and find the games.

Scythe
How do you know how the old games play if you havn't played them?

When you played as the alien in the second game, you didn't get a story told from your perspective but the story played out in a way that you could understand it.

As a human, you constantly talked to your boss, and read notepads found laying around in the game like you do in other FPS.

As the predator and alien, you overheard conversations and such from NPC's and had a ton of scripted events.

The story was really good in AvP2. It was done by Monolith, the developers who created FEAR, Condemned and No One Lives Forever. They weaved all three species into one cohesive story and you could play them in any order. They also had little clues that joined all there campaigns together. For example, you play as a alien, tearing shit up. When you play as the marine, you show up after the alien tears shit up and deal with consequences. As a predator, your the reason why the alien could tear shit up and stuff. So it all joined together. It was awesome.

This AvP is done by the original creators of the franchise, which was more a action game without any plot. But it was done a long time ago so it was normal for that time to do so.

This, I enjoyed how the story played out very much.

Smasandian
I haven't seen much of the AvP games and I thought they were just games where you run around like it's Battlefront but I realize now that it isn't because I just went and saw several vids on Youtube about the games and I must say they look good. Maybe now I have thoughts on getting it when it's out.

Why would think they're like Battlefront (which is carbon copy of Battlefield)?

Kazenji

The Gold Edition that i brought of it stupid with that they did with it they replaced the American Actors for them cut-scenes with British Actors trying to act like Americans.

Ms.Marvel
...what? XD

Smasandian
Is that the first or second game?

I didn't really play the first that much but I didn't think it had cut scenes?

SaTsuJiN
that sounds hilarious

"hay dodger!.. theres an alien coming right for us~"

"wot?"

anyways.. lol.. I was thinking that the whole "training grounds" plot from the movie is going to be stupid...
when I saw the alien skull in predator 2.. I thought their kindof, rite of passage, was to hunt and kill a creature in its native habitat, not "oh hay come to this place... thar be some aliens for your killin enjoyment"

Kazenji
Is that the first or second game?

I didn't really play the first that much but I didn't think it had cut scenes?

It was the first Game

Well it had cut scenes but the parts where the people talked were more on the monitors that you came across but apart from the stupid change for the Gold Edition it did come with some good stuff.

Nemesis X
I've been hearing that the Predator's trophy kill might get rid of because everyone is calling it Adult content. That's friggin ridiculous because no one altered Starbreeze's game The Darkness when we see tendrils devouring hearts so what's so different about Rebellion's AVP game with the Predator's popular trophy kill? Ridiculous. I thought Adult content was only something sexual-related, not violent. So we see a head severed and having a spinal cord running through the Predator's fingers and seeing the head gaping its last breath, so what? I've seen sicker s*** in games that make the trophy kill look like child's play for god sakes.

Kazenji
****EN HELL !!!! mad

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6241970.html

AVP Has been banned here in Australia saying its too violent................whille they're at go ban the movies.

Nemesis X
****EN HELL !!!! mad

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6241970.html

AVP Has been banned here in Australia saying its too violent................whille they're at go ban the movies.

Wow that really sucks. Guess you better go to another state to get it.

Smasandian
You mean country?

It sucks even more that Rebellion wont' release a cut down version of the game.

Can you they still import the game?

Kazenji
Yeah most likey i can import the game

i'll just import it from the UK since its they're on the same system

its a bit stupid most the reason's have to do with the Predator and its trophy kills and the Aliens biting people through the head

clearly these idiots here have'nt seen the movies or remember other Avp games that they allowed in.

Smasandian
Yeah, it's stupid.

That's partly why I like living in Canada. We don't have to deal with this type of shit. Also, I'm Canadian so helps too.

Kazenji
I know here we are trying to get the R 18+ rating in, Theres even a political party here with one goal in mind to implement an R18+ rating for videogames in Australia.

Nemesis X
its a bit stupid most the reason's have to do with the Predator and its trophy kills and the Aliens biting people through the head

clearly these idiots here have'nt seen the movies or remember other Avp games that they allowed in.

You know what's really stupid? The game might get toned down because a lot of people see the Predator trophy kill as adult content and the game might get toned down because of it. Sega hasn't announced yet if it will be or not but they do think the retarded argument is actually debatable. God I hope it doesn't get toned down.

Kazenji
You know what's really stupid? The game might get toned down because a lot of people see the Predator trophy kill as adult content and the game might get toned down because of it. Sega hasn't announced yet if it will be or not but they do think the retarded argument is actually debatable. God I hope it doesn't get toned down.

Rebellion won't be toning it down for us Australians

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6242034.html

I like this part from Rebellion

Oh well looks like i shall be importing it.

Smasandian
The only problem with this game is that's done by Rebellion.

I understand they did the original but have you seen some of the games they've released lately?

Rogue Warrior just got released and I heard its bloody awful.

Look at this.

# Sniper Elite (2005, PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox)
# Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (2005, PlayStation 2)
# James Bond: From Russia with Love (2006 PSP)
# Dead to Rights: Reckoning (2006, PSP)
# GUN Showdown (2006, PSP)
# Rogue Trooper (2006, PC, Xbox and PS2, 2009 Wii)
# Miami Vice (2006, PSP)
# Delta Force: Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre (2006, PlayStation 2)
# Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron (2007, PSP)
# Free Running (2007, PlayStation 2, PSP)
# Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007, PSP)
# The Simpsons Game (2007, PlayStation 2, PSP, Wii)
# Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (video game) (2007, PSP)
# Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts(2008, PS2)
# Shellshock 2: Blood Trails (2009, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
# PDC World Championship Darts 2009 (2009 Wii)
# Rogue Warrior (2009, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC)
# Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (2009, PSP)
# Aliens vs Predator (2010, PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)

No alot of great content. Sniper Elite I got for 3 bucks on Steam and it's kinda of nifty with the idea but in the end, it still lacked what makes a great game.

I wish this game was done by Monolith again. They did a fantastic job with the second game.

Nemesis X
Shellshock 2 was just...awful...Just plain awful.

Kazenji
I know the Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem game got bad reviews just like the movie.

Nemesis X
So there's a chance that this game might suck.

Kazenji
Lets hope not.

Nemesis X
Lets hope not.

Well since it's Rebellion we're talking about, I'm kinda losing faith in this game being successful. If only I didn't play Shellshock 2 and that game was actually the first game from Rebellion I played.

Kazenji
For me it would have to be AVP 1 for the PC and that Judge Dredd vs Death on a demo disc for the PS2 thats pretty much my experience with Rebellion.

Kazenji
Lance Henriksen to appear in the game http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61494

-Pr-
just watched the interview they did with him. guy seems to have a lot of fondness for the universe and the like, which is great imo. glad to see him making an appearance...

Bluesteel
Hey guys, yeah this game seems tight. I played the original AvP when it came out in 1999 I believe it was. and I still think it's one of the best gaming experiances I've ever had.

And looking back now I must say that I think it has held up much better then AvP2 even though it's a much simpler game, I just like the mood, gameplay (which is much faster and more fluid) and there is something about the graphics aswell which looks more "alien" it just fits better then in AvP2.

Anyway a few years later I got that Gold edition aswell, well imo it's the noob edition, because in the original you could not save mid game, you died, well too bad, do the level all over again. and this is how it worked.

As with AvP2 you could choose which race you played ofc, now the main story line was stretched over (now it's been YEARS since I played it) I think it was 12 levels, if you beat those levels you got to the much harder bonus levels. There were 3 difficulties: Training, Realistic and Directors Cut, and ONLY if you beat the 12 story line maps on DC would you even be given the availability to play the extra 8 bonus maps.

But in order to progress trough the bonus maps you had to beat them to in DC, if you finished the game on say realistic you were only given the option to play 4 bonus maps, and easy you only got 2 (if you even got any, don't really remember)

Now this was really hard back then for me as I was only 11 when I played it, and you couldint save mid game! and playing as the marine and no save button made for one scary ride! you'd walk there 5 hp left hearing beeping sounds from all over, it was dark and little ammo and damnit a predator was around the corner, and then your screwed, entire map again. it was brilliant.

THE ONLY complaint I have is that something they did when developing the game made it so that it cannot be played on XP and newer OS'es. either the sound ****s or the graphics glitch, I myself have not had any success in getting it to work. So thats why I have an old school pc for games that wont run on OS'es that are released after year 2000

Play AvP 1 if you can! non gold edition if possible smile

As for the new AvP game, I can only imagine that it will be an improvement of the original in just about any way, it looks good, it seems to play good aswell, story line im sure they'l get right as they are all hardcore fans of the genre, and even tho they might have had a few titles that werrent so good lately, I can tell you by experiance, like when me and my friend make movies, or some project, that when it's something we love the results are 10 times better then when it's something that we dont wanna do. im sure that goes for everyone. heart and soul makes the differance.

Kazenji
THE ONLY complaint I have is that something they did when developing the game made it so that it cannot be played on XP and newer OS'es. either the sound ****s or the graphics glitch, I myself have not had any success in getting it to work. So thats why I have an old school pc for games that wont run on OS'es that are released after year 2000

Are you saying AVp 2 can't be played on XP ??!?!

because your wrong.

-Pr-
i've played AVP 2 on both Vista and Seven...

Bluesteel
bloody hell, I wrote avp2, well I ment avp 1, it should even be clear in my post which game im talking about. anyway my mistake, ment the original.

-Pr-
bloody hell, I wrote avp2, well I ment avp 1, it should even be clear in my post which game im talking about. anyway my mistake, ment the original.

oh, ok...

Kazenji
And i've also played Avp 1 on Xp without the use of Dosbox.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>