Kratos vs Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Kratos vs Link

Invictus Legio
Kratos makes violent Greek love with the near-loli that is link.

Other than that, destruction of the kind never witnessed will be link's to endure.

ThunderGodEneru
Specify the rules of the thread sir.

King-Fingolfin
If Link gets all his items and equipment, he sodomizes Kratos. If he doesn't, Kratos tears Link a new *******.

Nemesis X
Link - Elf boy who wields a powerful sword and shield, has a fairy hanging with him, and wears a skirt that people say is a tunic (which is not).

Kratos - Hardcore badass god killing psycho who wields the Blades of Olympus and owns anybody who challenges him.

I go with Kratos. I may piss some LOZ fans off for saying this but Link is not a challenge for Kratos. Kratos friggin mauls him for god sakes and you wonder why there hasn't been word of a new LOZ game.

King-Fingolfin
Link has a magic shield given to him by one of the 3 goddesses that created Hyrule, and with his Triforce, has a pretty big energy supply to power it.

no expression

This is why Link is a god among mortal men.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Link is a god among mortal men.

Another god on Kratos' hit list. The more the merrier.

Gumachi
Link has a magic shield given to him by one of the 3 goddesses that created Hyrule, and with his Triforce, has a pretty big energy supply to power it.

no expression

This is why Link is a god among mortal men.

Kratos has the power of 12 Gods/Titans, and The Blade Of Olympus that sealed the Titans in 1 blow, and Charon's Wraith, Hades' Souls, Zeus' Gaunlet, and plenty more.

Kratos is The God of War among men, and killed about 6 Gods--even The Controllers of Fate.

ThunderGodEneru
...Wait, you always claimed Kratos was mortal, and now you claim he has the power of 12 Gods?

Um, hypocrisy much?

Gumachi
Umm Ares said he was mortal, Gaia said it, and Kratos was a God remember? Gaia said it at the end of God of War, and at the beginning of God of War II, and Athena said "I made you a God. "

Hades' Souls

Artemis Blade

Blades of Athena

Typhon's Bow

Atlas Quake

Zeus Fury

Chrono's Rage

Poseidon's Rage

Zeus' Gaunlet

Well Charon isn't a "god. "

The Blade of Olympus

Well Charon isn't a "god. " Each game he has the power of 4 Gods.

God of War-Mortal

Athena: "Zeus has forbidden the gods from waging war on each other. That is why
it must be -you-, Kratos. Only a mortal, trained by a god has a chance
at defeating Ares. "

Athena: "The box exists, it is the most powerful weapon a mortal can wield. "

Narrator: "The sky split apart, and the God of War stepped through.

Narrator: Descending from Olympus, he saw the makings of a god, in a mere
mortal. "

Athena: "Kratos, your quest is at an end. You are the first mortal to ever
reach Padora's Box. There is still time to save Athens, you must bring
the box back to my city and use it kill Ares. Return to Athens,
Kratos, return and save my city!"

Narrator: "And Kratos fell into the underworld, the River Sticks beckoning
below, a current strong enough to carry even the strongest mortal to
his eternal resting place. "

Ares: "Kratos? Returned even from the underworld. "

Ares: "Is this the best you can do father? You send a broken mortal to defeat
-me-? The God of War. "

Ares: "You are still just a mortal, every bit as weak as the day you begged me
to save your life. "

Narrator: "Kratos had done the impossible, a mortal defeating a god, Ares was no
more... "

Narrator: "They were driven foward by Kratos, the mortal who had become the new,
God of War.. ".

God of War-God of War

Narrator: "They were driven foward by Kratos, the mortal who had become the new,
God of War... "

God of War II-God of War/God

Narrator: "By defeating Ares, Kratos, the once mortal warrior became the
new God of War. However, Kratos soon found himself alone on
Olympus, shunned by his fellow gods. "

Athena: "Do not forget that it was I who made you a god, Ghost of
Sparta. Do not turn your back on me. "

Final Blaxican
No.

GenomeFrozener
Can Link use the Fierce Deity Mask here?

Gumachi
Umm yes.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Gumachi
Umm yes. still think kratos takes this. and what you said about gods makes no sense. at all.

First_Tsurugi06
I love both these kids, but I know a spite thread when I see it. I doubt even a composite Link would do Kratos in.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Link - Elf boy who wields a powerful sword and shield, has a fairy hanging with him, and wears a skirt that people say is a tunic (which is not).

You obviously don't know what a tunic is if you say that. I mean, even the GAMES describe it as a tunic. Like the kilt (not dress, as his flamers may accuse him of) that Kratos wears.

Phanteros
does kratos get the rage of the titans

Gumachi
ROTG & ROTT

occultdestroyer
_5YBl0QJERQ

ScreamPaste
And I'm gonna play Devil's advocate again because I enjoy debate.

Kratos is exactly the sort of beign Link's designed to destroy. Big mean evil dude with a lust for power and way too much of it already. Do we have any rules for limitations, bans, ect?

Gumachi
I wouldn't call Kratos "evil" more like a Anti-Hero, Vergil had lust for power, but he really isn't "evil. "

ScreamPaste
Lol, no matter how you slice it, Kratos is evil. =P there's no debating that. No ends justfy THOSE means.

Gumachi
How is he evil? As for him killing innocents, he did it for Ares.

ScreamPaste
And that's not evil? o_O; If someone kills a bunch of people in the name of a god, they're evil. And Kratos is basicly a sociopath, how coudl he be anything but evil?

Gumachi
A angel in the bible killed 185,000 men, that doesn't make an angel evil. But I guess your kind of right. He does kill innocents.

ScreamPaste
firstly, lol at tryign to compare the two.

secondly out of context doesn't do work =o

thirdly, Satan's an angel in Judeo Christian lore.

Lastly, Kratos has nothing to do with Christianity, he's a brutal, vengeful, murderous, sadistic, bastard. Lol. He's evil.

Edit; Also, I'd like to point out the two are totally unrelated and that you're using a strawman. (albiet a mini one.)

Gumachi
Satan=Fallen Angel, who rebelled against God, and is the opposite of what God does.

ScreamPaste
K, Gumachi, if you want to go by the "evil is just going against god cause god decides what's evil" thing, Kratos goes around stabbign the dieties of his own pantheon.. So. VERY, evil.

Also, on topic please, Kratos =/= Old Testament.

Gumachi
I just said your "kind of right" okay?

ScreamPaste
You must have edited it in, lol. Anyway, I'm not trying to be offensive, just trying to debate.

Gumachi
No, I didn't edit it lol.

ScreamPaste
Well, I'm for bed in a minute, but I'm going to contend that fighting an evil being makes Link go over 9000, and thus puts him in the running. =P

Unfortunately Nintendo franchises seem under represented here =/
I'll debate further tomorrow.

Gumachi
NVM, I might have edited it. Either way I see what you mean.

jinXed by JaNx
Link plays with fairies. Kratos kills fairies.

Kratos has the magic and abilities of several Gods. He is a masterfully skilled, lifetime long killer and fighter. His primary weapon has insane reach that would keep Link on constant defense. Kratos escaped from hell. He killed the God of War and Zeus himself. Kratos' feats makes Link look like a little boy with a little sword and shield and that is exactly what this amounts to. Whether or not it would be adult Link fighting Kratos he would still be the equivalent of a little boy when confronted with a warrior like Kratos. Link has never faced an enemy close to Kratos. Compare the enemies that Link has conquered to the enemies that Kratos has conquered and the result is laughable, Kratos kills Gods, dude.

As for Kratos being evil. I really don't think you can call Kratos evil just in the way that you can't call a soldier evil for being ruthless. Evil is very subjective in the world of Ancient and mythological Greece. Considering that there is no real good or evil, even to the Gods. Kratos certainly cannot be considered evil for seeking revenge. The Gods he is killing are immoral, deceitful and manipulative. They will easily execute an evil deed if it benefits them.

As for his human existence. Kratos was a soldier and countryman. We know little of his life away from war. Looking at his family and the compassion he held for them. It seems as though, away from war, Kratos led an average life. In war, however, all soldiers are simaltaneously evil and righteous. Soldiers live by different rules than the rest of us. They live by the rules of the sword. Kratos is merely a man seeking revenge. He doesn't yearn for power, wealth or prestige. He may seek out power and wealth to help him accomplish his goal of revenge but other than revenge, Kratos seeks only death and peace.

ScreamPaste
I can refute almost everythign you've said in one word; Ganondorf.

Ganon is not only supremely powerful but he is evil.

No one truly believes themself to be evil, Ganondorf can justify his own actions to himself. In The Wind Waker he shows a truly human side, and reaveals some of his motivations, it's hard to really hate Ganondorf, but he's evil, and a total badass.

Kratos has his motivations for his actions, but he is undeniably evil, and that is exactly what Link is designed to fight. He is a hero chosen by his own pantheon of gods, and empowered with the triforce of courage (or the entire thing depending on the rules yet to be set up in this thread.) and the blade of evil's bane (among other such nifty stuff ;D).

Don't count him out so easily just because he doesn't spend half of his games tryign to show off how hardcore he is. He doesn't need to. =P

Wei Phoenix
How is Kratos evil?

Gumachi
Well, Hades & Hell are two different things.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I can refute almost everythign you've said in one word; Ganondorf.

Ganon is not only supremely powerful but he is evil.

No one truly believes themself to be evil, Ganondorf can justify his own actions to himself. In The Wind Waker he shows a truly human side, and reaveals some of his motivations, it's hard to really hate Ganondorf, but he's evil, and a total badass.

Kratos has his motivations for his actions, but he is undeniably evil, and that is exactly what Link is designed to fight. He is a hero chosen by his own pantheon of gods, and empowered with the triforce of courage (or the entire thing depending on the rules yet to be set up in this thread.) and the blade of evil's bane (among other such nifty stuff ;D).

Don't count him out so easily just because he doesn't spend half of his games tryign to show off how hardcore he is. He doesn't need to. =P

I have to agree to disagree. I think indifferent is a better description for Kratos. Good and Evil in Kratos' world is very ambiguous. There never seems to be much difference between the two.

Whether or not Link is experienced in fighting evil he is still dwarfed in skill when standing next to Kratos. I find it very (VERY) hard to believe that link will be able to defend against Kratos blades, magic and strength.

Also, for the record, Kratos doesn't spend have the time in his games showing off how badass he is. He spends the entire time in his games being badass. There is a difference there wink

King-Fingolfin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Link plays with fairies. Kratos kills fairies.

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=118

I couldn't help it. =P

ScreamPaste
I can agree to disagree, then =P But I can't convince myself Kratos is a good guy, he's a protagonist, but.. not the 'good guy'. Lol.

As to Link's skill, this is something often underestimated I think. In most of the games he shows preternatural/inhuman skill with weapons he has apparently little or no training with. (shooting the pole ontop of the highest building in Kakariko in TP, for instance.) There's no proven skill cap for Link.

Also, I think indifference to brutal murder is evil =P

Edit; I love that comic strip. Lol.

Phanteros
I can agree to disagree, then =P But I can't convince myself Kratos is a good guy, he's a protagonist, but.. not the 'good guy'. Lol.

As to Link's skill, this is something often underestimated I think. In most of the games he shows preternatural/inhuman skill with weapons he has apparently little or no training with. (shooting the pole ontop of the highest building in Kakariko in TP, for instance.) There's no proven skill cap for Link.

batman is evil because he killed someone? anti hero refers to a flawed hero but still has good goal. Kratos only wanted his family back plus at the end of chains of olympus he actually gave up the option of seeing his family to save greece. plus in god of war kratos was raised like that so it isn't really his fault.

ScreamPaste
Kratos isn't a flawed hero, he's a brutal killer. He's the protagonist, yeah, but not necassarily the good guy, lol. His escapades make Batman look saintly.

o_O Ganondorf has just as human a motivation for tryign to take over the world, but he's gona utterly insane from power and time spent locked away, it's amde him bitter and vengeful, Kratos is basicly a young Gdorf in the making o: if Ganon is evil, so is Kratos.

k1Lla441
Kratos isn't a flawed hero, he's a brutal killer. He's the protagonist, yeah, but not necassarily the good guy, lol. His escapades make Batman look saintly.

o_O Ganondorf has just as human a motivation for tryign to take over the world, but he's gona utterly insane from power and time spent locked away, it's amde him bitter and vengeful, Kratos is basicly a young Gdorf in the making o: if Ganon is evil, so is Kratos.
kratos got tricked and manipulated by ares. im not saying that what he did wasnt bad, but he also eventually realised what he did was EXTREMELY wrong and felt a ton of sorrow. he helped the gods kill the rampageing ares, a very good deed. he may have gone a little power crazy, but that lead him to the fact that zues is kind of crazy to, and now hes helping out the titans. To the gods and to you he maybe evil, but to the titans and the fact that he does help people AND the fact that he does have good intentions makes him a good guy to me. Its pretty much in the eyes of the beholder.

ThunderGodEneru

o_O Ganondorf has just as human a motivation for tryign to take over the world, but he's gona utterly insane from power and time spent locked away, it's amde him bitter and vengeful, Kratos is basicly a young Gdorf in the making o: if Ganon is evil, so is Kratos. Ganondorf is a power-mad, psychopathic, insane tyrant who is on some sort of warped quest for revenge against Hyrule.

Kratos has very real motivation for revenge, where-as Ganon's motivation for power may of once been a sincere and understandable one, his life even before he gained the Triforce of Power warped it into an insane, lunatic quest to rule Hyrule because he was envious of their land.

They are very different, Kratos is a truly sympathetic character, Ganondorf may have been one once, but his personality degenerated into the calculating, cold, vicious tyrant he is today.

Kratos does not make others suffer for his goals unless necessary, Ganon does.

ScreamPaste
I can see both of your view points but from my angle, the ends don't justify the means, imo.

My point is simply that no one sets out to be intentionally evil and that can create a grey area. But as they say the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

So, I'm still thinking Kratos is evil.

Edit; Also I used Ganon more as an example of where I think kratos is headed. Ganondorf is undeniably beyond redemption at this point ,but that wasn't always so =P but he was never a good guy, even if it seemed like it to him.

ThunderGodEneru
I can see both of your view points but from my angle, the ends don't justify the means, imo.

My point is simply that no one sets out to be intentionally evil and that can create a grey area. But as they say the path to hell is paved with good intentions.

So, I'm still thinking Kratos is evil.

Edit; Also I used Ganon more as an example of where I think kratos is headed. Ganondorf is undeniably beyond redemption at this point ,but that wasn't always so =P but he was never a good guy, even if it seemed like it to him. His ends are to destroy a corrupt pantheon of Gods. And his means would only harm those Gods.

Kratos is not intentionally evil, he is selfish, and mostly cares about himself, but not beyond hope, not yet. Not like Ganon is.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
His ends are to destroy a corrupt pantheon of Gods. And his means would only harm those Gods.

Kratos is not intentionally evil, he is selfish, and mostly cares about himself, but not beyond hope, not yet. Not like Ganon is.

Not yet, but selfishness is where it begins =P Ganondorf didn't start out one day and say ".. I want to be evil." No one does, monolithic evil only exists in Children's shows.

It's not the intentions, alot of bad thigns can be doen with good intentions. And no one *really* sets out to be evil. o:

ThunderGodEneru
Not yet, but selfishness is where it begins =P Ganondorf didn't start out one day and say ".. I want to be evil." No one does, monolithic evil only exists in Children's shows.

It's not the intentions, alot of bad thigns can be doen with good intentions. And no one *really* sets out to be evil. o: No, his mind was warped by the harsh climate of the Gerudo Desert as he watched his people die, his envy of Hyrule, and prolly Twinrova's influence as well.

What does he do that is truly evil? He does not wish to kill anyone, just Zeus.

Wei Phoenix

It's not the intentions, alot of bad thigns can be doen with good intentions. And no one *really* sets out to be evil. o:

No one sets out to be evil? What about Frieza, Cell, Akuma, Aku from Samurai Jack, Darkseid, Andross, Mephisto, Blackheart, etc?

Wei Phoenix

And anyone that gets in his way. He actually showed remorse when he accidentally killed Athena, but he did do one jerk/evil move in the first one when he kicked that captain back down the Hydra once he got the key. To be fair though the captain did kind of deny him the key in the first place.

jinXed by JaNx
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=118

I couldn't help it. =P

laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

jinXed by JaNx

Thats cool then. I never looked at Kratos as a good guy either but not a bad guy or, maybe, a bad guy seeking peace. Just because you're a bad guy doesnt mean you're evil though. I can definitely see why someone would view Kratos as evil though.

I wasnt trying to underestimate Links skill towards his respective traits. I just think Kratos is another league.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
No one sets out to be evil? What about Frieza, Cell, Akuma, Aku from Samurai Jack, Darkseid, Andross, Mephisto, Blackheart, etc?

Children's shows, Street fighter, Children's show, super man comic, game aimed at younger audience, ect.

Anyway.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
No one sets out to be evil? What about Frieza, Cell, Akuma, Aku from Samurai Jack, Darkseid, Andross, Mephisto, Blackheart, etc? Freeza's past is unknown. But he was likely raised that way by King Cold.

Cell just wanted to prove he was the strongest. He was overtly arrogant, and went to underhanded tactics when his seeming invincibility was threatened.

Arguably, Akuma is not even evil, he has a moral code.

Aku is quite literally a physical embodiment of evil.

Darkseid was raised as such by his dad I think. Or something. Apokalips IS a pretty fvcked up place to grow up.

Andross was not evil at first, he was a respected Cornerian scientist, but greed got the better of him and he made all them Bio Weapons and stuffs which got him banished.

Mephisto is the Devil. no expression

Blackheart is his son. no expression

It's like asking why chicken wings have bones.

I crushed all your examples.

Wei Phoenix
Children's shows, Street fighter, Children's show, super man comic, game aimed at younger audience, ect.

Anyway.

DBZ and Samurai Jack weren't children shows. For one a children show doesn't have blood and cursing. It doesn't matter if it is a comic or a game they were pretty much born evil. If you want an example of an evil game character than how about the Mad King Ashnard from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance? The guy was pretty messed up as a child. He tricked his father into signing a blood pact which basically means do what we say or all of your family and country dies. His family died off and so did his people and he either killed his father or talked his father into killing himself. I forget but I'm more sure he killed him himself. He did all of this so he could be king quicker. After that he killed the father of his closest allying nation just so he could start some world war to summon the god of chaos. There was no backstory about how he loved a woman and wanted her to be by his side again seeing as he had a wife and treated her like crap. The guy was basically evil.

Freeza's past is unknown. But he was likely raised that way by King Cold.

Cell just wanted to prove he was the strongest. He was overtly arrogant, and went to underhanded tactics when his seeming invincibility was threatened.

Arguably, Akuma is not even evil, he has a moral code.

Aku is quite literally a physical embodiment of evil.

Darkseid was raised as such by his dad I think. Or something. Apokalips IS a pretty fvcked up place to grow up.

Andross was not evil at first, he was a respected Cornerian scientist, but greed got the better of him and he made all them Bio Weapons and stuffs which got him banished.

Mephisto is the Devil. no expression

Blackheart is his son. no expression

It's like asking why chicken wings have bones.

I crushed all your examples.

Doesn't matter if it was KC or not, they are all evil, everyone we have seen from Frieza's race is evil.

Cell was evil, I could understand wanting to prove you were strongest and wanting to beat or kill the Z-Fighters but IIRC when he first appeared he was absorbing regular humans as well and the average human has like what a PLevel of 2?

We agree Aku is naturally evil.

I didn't know that about Andross.

Then DS's father is evil which means that people can naturally be evil.

Those two are still evil which means that people can be born evil.

Cletus Cassidy had no huge turning point that made him evil. Didn't he kill his grandmother?

I just crushed your balls with my super strong mandible.

I don't think that having a moral code neccesarily makes you not evil. Dr. Doom has one but some people still sees him as evil,

ScreamPaste
Cassidy was a sociopath, and TGE DID crush every example you had =/

Gumachi

He kills innocents, he wants to kill all the Gods, he killed his half brothers, cousins.

Wei Phoenix
Cassidy was a sociopath, and TGE DID crush every example you had =/

They were still born evil and Cassidy is still evil and was evil as a child which means that people can be born just plain evil. Not everyone is born with a sense of justice and will to do what is right.

ScreamPaste
@ Gumachi

The only actions that seem justified in Kratos' entire catalog are allying with the titans and such, and killing Ares/Zues.

Everything else he does he manages to sprinkle with malevolence or take too far. o_O; Regardless of his motivation the guy does some pretty horrible crap. Alot of unnecassary killing. He can obviously justify it to himself but that doesn't make his actions excusable. o____O;

For instance, when he becomes the god of war, what does he do? O riiight. Go rampaging.

@Wei Pheonix no, Cletus was not born evil he devloped a mental illness. Thanks heaps for the stigma.

And yes, TGE did crush your examples.

Also, Kratos isn't an alien named freiza who wears lipstick. (and yes, Samurai Jack and DBZ are kids shows.)

Kratos is a person. And he makes his decisions like any of us.

And the only people who go out of their way to be 'evil' on purpose are thirteen year old satanists.

Phanteros
@ Gumachi

The only actions that seem justified in Kratos' entire catalog are allying with the titans and such, and killing Ares/Zues.

Everything else he does he manages to sprinkle with malevolence or take too far. o_O; Regardless of his motivation the guy does some pretty horrible crap. Alot of unnecassary killing. He can obviously justify it to himself but that doesn't make his actions excusable. o____O;

For instance, when he becomes the god of war, what does he do? O riiight. Go rampaging.

@Wei Pheonix no, Cletus was not born evil he devloped a mental illness. Thanks heaps for the stigma.

Also, Kratos isn't an alien named freiza who wears lipstick. (and yes, Samurai Jack and DBZ are kids shows.)

And the only people who go out of their way to be 'evil' on purpose are thirteen year old satanists.

ok but refer to kratos as a neutral person like shadow who are group together as anti heroes because what they do outside the laws but in the in long run make up for that like lelouch vi Britannia

Wei Phoenix
@ Gumachi

Nope not crushed seeing as they are all evil which means that you can be born evil.

Frieza doesn't wear lipstick.

Kid's shows don't have blood and cursing.

You still weren't able to counter that people have been born evil. I still see Ashnard as being genuinely evil.

Kratos is a person, he isn't an evil person though.

Gumachi

ScreamPaste

Phanteros
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-13-unluckiest-videogame-bastards/a-2009021312497865018/p-4 Lol, this was a conveniently timed article.

And Kratos doesn't just work outside the law, like Robinhood did. He's not breaking rules for the greater good. He's sadistic and brutal and selfish. What's the first thign he did when he became the god of war? Go pillaging!

The dude might have good intentions or somethign but he is definately evil.

DBZ and Samurai Jack ARE children's shows. So was Batman TAS (the 90's) and I love that show. It had alot of sexual innuendo and soem blood in it aswell.
whatever, we're getting off topic anyway

ScreamPaste
It's relevant, having an evil foe makes Link go over 9000. =P

bane214

Gumachi
Frank murders, and does anything else to "bad" people.

Wei Phoenix

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Gumachi
Frank murders, and does anything else to "bad" people.

Yeah bad as in people who do evil, immoral things to others who are innocent, helpless or weak.

occultdestroyer
-d_3yKKEiKM&eurl

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah, Kratos seems to be much quicker and acrobatic now.

occultdestroyer
The Cyclops would slaughter Link

ThunderGodEneru
Nah.

Gumachi
Wonder what shit, Kratos will do?

ScreamPaste
I dunno.. but this would make for a VERY epic CG battle ala the 2001 Zelda teaser of Ganon vs Link sword fight.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
-d_3yKKEiKM&eurl
Best. Game. Ever. One of the biggest reasons why im buying a ps3.

Wdpk12
You all forget what Kratos did, He attempted to stop all the gods in their pursuit of power, controll corrupted judgement.

by killing Zeus, sister of fate, Hade's, And probally died.. releasing all the gods power into the world so it may rebuild itself.

Giving everyone free will, and etc. he may be evil for killing, but he did an ultimate sacrifice without knowing, ressurecting the earth is the greatest thing a man can do.

BloodRain
None of that has anything to do with this fight.

Wow bump. This thread was made before he got the Hypersonic and Titan-level feats. Current Kratos stomps.. wonder if Link could compete with a '09 Kratos.

ScreamPaste
1. You bumped a thread from 2009 from before GoW3 came out.
2. Kratos is far more evil than many video game antagonists, plenty evil enough for The Master Sword, which is sentient, to count him as such.

shrug

BloodRain
Not Ascension Kratos. Now that was an okay fellow :T

ScreamPaste
Eh, I lack the patience to pay attention to the hand held GoWs, Kratos was a semi-decent human being?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
None of that has anything to do with this fight.

Wow bump. This thread was made before he got the Hypersonic and Titan-level feats. Current Kratos stomps.. wonder if Link could compete with a '09 Kratos.

Nada, considering GoW3 more or less confirms that GoW2 Kratos was at Poseidon boss-fight levels.

ScreamPaste
He's still done for if Fi sticks him. uhuh

But until GoW3 came out Kratos was behind in feats.

Now someone tell me whether this rumour that Kratos wasn't a dick for a second can be confirmed?

BloodRain
@SP: S'on a console.

And yup, he's a lot more human in this game. Saving some random guy from being speared, attempting to save some prophet and holding her hand as she passes, this scene for example.

@DP: Nah I mean GoW2 Kratos without any feats after '09.

ScreamPaste
Before GoW3 he was behind Link in most areas. shrug This thread never specified which Link was in use anyway.

OmniLink crushes. uhuh

NemeBro
Link would need the full Triforce to defeat Kratos.

ScreamPaste
His sword is just as powerful. big grin

Wdpk12
Links master sword is very powerfull when it's fully charged, and could perhaps keep up with kratos, but kratos also good boots speed, wings, and double jump etc, but link could also evade allot, his shield would allow him to block allot, so my best guess is that he can't handle direct phyiscal strength, but he can block some attacks and evade some and perhaps deal little damage over time, it would be a very long fight.

NotAllThatEvil
The hylian is indestructible and hand crafted by a dragon. Give link power bracers or golden gauntlets and it should be able to withstand anything kratos can throw.

NemeBro
His sword is just as powerful. big grin Link doesn't have the sages in this thread to empower it.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
Link doesn't have the sages in this thread to empower it. Nor has Kratos killed them. dur The only time the Master Sword was ever depowered that problem was solved and we're not using mid-game WW Link until the OP specifies such. The OP, Gumachi, has been MIA since he posted Samus porn. haermm

quanchi112
Kratos, easily.

Dramatic Gecko
Kratos dominates Link in power, speed, agility, training and many other areas. However the thing with Link is that all his bad guys, Ganon, Majora, Vaati all outclass Link in those area too... but Link still wins. So my theory would be that Link holds off Kratos however he can (dodging ect.) and after time link will see his fighting style and exploit the weakness (stun him, then damage then run off and repeat). However Kratos seems like the kind of guy without a fighting pattern so who knows... maybe Kratos just rips Link's limbs off. WHo can say?

Zack Fair
Curious about the master sword's "evil's bane" thing and if it would work on Kratos.

CosmicComet
It should hurt Kratos plenty, even if was able to block slashes from the BoO with his bare-hands. The Master Sword has some great feats.

But Link is going to have to hit him first.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Curious about the master sword's "evil's bane" thing and if it would work on Kratos.
The sword has matched the complete triforce in power and aLttP states that it's a failsafe againse the misuse of said planetary+ reality warping artifact. That's the sword's highest feat, but it has some other decent ones. While depowered it maintained a permanent time stop over at least all of Hyrule, that the timestop goes to the horizon suggests it may have been a much wider reach, possibly the entire world beneath the ocean, and during the era in which the first Link existed it was given to him by the gods, having apparently been made originally by them for their own exclusive use. Link reforged it with his spirit or something so that mortals could wield it, and in that form it 'sundered the earth' and raised a small continent into the sky which became Skyloft, where the sword went to rest and became the Goddess' Sword. It was later forged in the fires of the three goddesses who created the world and the triforce, so whether it's more powerful now than then we don't know.

Fi's power is definitely up there. Seems she's the most powerful character still present in Zelda canon.

NemeBro
It's a shame Kratos wins by punching Link's head off his shoulders.

ScreamPaste
It's a shame Kratos wins by punching Link's head off his shoulders.
You're still butthurt, I see.

NemeBro
How am I butthurt?

ScreamPaste
How am I butthurt?
Well you got randomly angry with me last night and now you're shit posting in a discussion in a manner that seems intended to rile me. Am I wrong?

NemeBro
You are, and there was nothing random about it, you're a jerkass. thumb up

Kratos kills Link. This has always been my position on this thread.

ScreamPaste
You are, and there was nothing random about it, you're a jerkass. thumb up

Kratos kills Link. This has always been my position on this thread.
"You're wrong, but you're a jerkass!"

IM me on skype before this turns into a public lovers quarrel.

Edit: We fixed it. Marital bliss prevails. Also Link only needs to stick him once. uhuh

BloodRain
Shit, almost got the popcorn out.

Nephthys
The sword has matched the complete triforce in power and aLttP states that it's a failsafe againse the misuse of said planetary+ reality warping artifact. That's the sword's highest feat, but it has some other decent ones. While depowered it maintained a permanent time stop over at least all of Hyrule, that the timestop goes to the horizon suggests it may have been a much wider reach, possibly the entire world beneath the ocean, and during the era in which the first Link existed it was given to him by the gods, having apparently been made originally by them for their own exclusive use. Link reforged it with his spirit or something so that mortals could wield it, and in that form it 'sundered the earth' and raised a small continent into the sky which became Skyloft, where the sword went to rest and became the Goddess' Sword. It was later forged in the fires of the three goddesses who created the world and the triforce, so whether it's more powerful now than then we don't know.

Fi's power is definitely up there. Seems she's the most powerful character still present in Zelda canon.

I think he meant more like, what good is it in a fight? It shoots beams and protects Link from evil shit, but other than that how can Link use all that power to his advantage? Being 'Evil's Bane' is all well and good, but what can it actually do?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Nephthys
I think he meant more like, what good is it in a fight? It shoots beams and protects Link from evil shit, but other than that how can Link use all that power to his advantage? Being 'Evil's Bane' is all well and good, but what can it actually do?
It killed Ganondorf when he was empowered with the entire Triforce, so there's that. It's a crazy powerful weapon that seems to be able to disregard the durability of a target and suppress their power, dispelling magic and stuff. shrug
Originally posted by BloodRain
Shit, almost got the popcorn out.
Popcorn is delicious, you need not witness a fight to enjoy it.

BloodRain
If I can't eat popcorn while enjoying a show than what's the point in anything sad

Dramatic Gecko
What if Link is on Epona? Link on Epona in OoT = Master Race
Seriously... she's invincible.

CosmicComet
Popcorn is disgusting, it gets in your teeth and irritates you to no end.

BR, my friend, you should consider killing yourself.

BloodRain
haermm You sick popcorn hating *******, invest in toothpicks.

Sacred 117
It killed Ganondorf when he was empowered with the entire Triforce, so there's that. It's a crazy powerful weapon that seems to be able to disregard the durability of a target and suppress their power, dispelling magic and stuff. shrug

Not to mention Link has ten generations of experience using it. To those of you who may not know, each Link you see on a LoZ game is the same Link eternally reincarnated. Having said that, he is also a master tactician, capable of analyzing his opponents patterns and weaknesses moments into the fight. As Kratos has such a one-dimensional approach to combat, he will basically be handing victory to Link. Cloud has a similar (albeit less brutal) approach to combat, and we saw how that turned out. Kratos isn't even on par with Cloud, so that may help you get a better idea of how this turns out.

TheRusmeister
Why did Gecko have to go back and revive this thread. lol.

Just read Scream's posts to determine whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.