Gomorrah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
Anyone seen it?...Is it good?....Should i buy it?

ehhh...ohhh...fuggidaboudid...gedafugouddaheee....oh...eh...

well??

SnakeEyes
I think it's getting a theatrical release in the U.S. this week. It's been getting very good reviews, I'll definitely check it out. But since I haven't actually seen it, I can't really say whether or not you should buy it.

MildPossession
A few of the 'actors' in this film have been arrested in real life apparently for 'mafia' matters.

TheSpade
I didn't really enjoy this film, it was pretty dull. It's more a docu-film than a 'proper' film and whilst it no doubt shows the true story of the Sicilian mafia and the activities which they engage in it didn't make a particularly enjoyable watch. It was being touted as the new Godfather and it was far from it. There's lots going on in the film just a shame none of it was very interesting, several story lines which go nowhere and have little relevence to each other.

Too much hype surrounding this film and it being touted as something it wasn't. Dissapointing.

MildPossession
I felt the same, I didn't get what all the fuss was about to be honest, got a lot of 4 star ratings too.

K.Diddy
erm I also seen this movie and found it quite boring

Robtard
I watched about half of it, didn't impress me too much. I left to get something to eat; forgot to watch the rest of it.

roughrider
It's too old fashioned Italian neorealist, to connect with what people expect from a modern gangster story. Liked it, but think it's overrated.

Soruoi
Originally posted by roughrider
It's too old fashioned Italian neorealist, to connect with what people expect from a modern gangster story. Liked it, but think it's overrated.
Agree on the fact that it is a bit overrated.

But I have to say that I was a bit blown away by the style of the movie and the scenes. Being used to stuff like The Sopranos and The Godfather this movie shows a really different image of organized crime.
I did like it...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.