Achilles Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Achilles from the movie Troy played by Brad Pitt will be pit against this line of foes. Achilles is armed with his sword, dagger, shield, and of course all of his other arnaments he wears. He is fully rested and healed between fights. All fight takes place in a loading construct from The Matrix w/ all-white emptiness. Achilles isn't playing around with his enemies. He's bloodlusted and is going straigh for the kill. Can he make it?

1. 30 Persian Soldiers(300)- Swords *No arrows*
2. Aragorn and Boromir(LOTR)- A. has long sword, dagger, and arrows. B. has sword, shield, and dagger.
3. Nathan Algren, Katsumoto, Ujio(The Last Samurai)- 2 Katanas each w/ armour.
4. Hector(Troy) and Memnon(The Scorpion King)- H. has sword, shield, spear, and armour. M. has two swords, and armour.
5. King Leonidas(300) and Maximus(Gladiator)- L. gets sword, spear, armour, and shield. M. gets shield and sword.
6. V(V for Vendetta)- 8 Daggers, and armour.
7. Blade- His custom titanium acid-edged sword.
8. 5 Spartans(300)- Sword, shield, spear, and armour.

Robtard
He'd probably die in the first round, though take a good 10-12 guys with him. He was shown to be kick-ass when facing a lone opponent or having his argonauts as support when facing an army. I don't recall seeing any 'one man army' feat of his.

I'm assuming the 30 soldiers are coming at him all at once and from as many angles they can muster, not a line type deal.

Darth Martin
Achilles plows through the first battle. When the Greeks land on the beach he shows signs of "One-Man Army". Besides the Persians are push-overs.

Robtard
He killed small pockets of men, if 30 came at him from all sides, there's no reason to believe he could dodge or counter every attack and still stay sexy.

He also has his personal compliment of men behind him during the beach battle.

Trackz
he definitely doesnt make it passed two, the rest are over kill

Darth Martin
I seem to remember two Spartans from 300(Stelios and Astanos) killing ALOT of Persians together right before Astanos was beheaded. If those two can I believe the 30 Persians will be a warm-up for Achilles.

dadudemon
6 should be the last on the list.

Preceded by a very much interchangeable Blade.

He masacres 30 persian soldiers like it's play time.

He MIGHT get passed 2.

Raaaaaaaped on three. That's just overkill.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I seem to remember two Spartans from 300(Stelios and Astanos) killing ALOT of Persians together right before Astanos was beheaded. If those two can I believe the 30 Persians will be a warm-up for Achilles.

They were also coming at them a few at a time, this would be thirty at once. If Achilles only had to face a handful at a time, he could easily kill a hundred or more.

Maybe a visual wil help:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4789/doomeday5.jpg

That's a lot to defend against while still attacking. I also gave him the benefit of the Persians forming small ranks, to minimize how many spears and swords would be stabbing towards.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
They were also coming at them a few at a time, this would be thirty at once. If Achilles only had to face a handful at a time, he could easily kill a hundred or more.

Maybe a visual wil help:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4789/doomeday5.jpg

That's a lot to defend against while still attacking. I also gave him the benefit of the Persians forming small ranks, to minimize how many spears and swords would be stabbing towards.

ZOMG! Liek a Bardocks!

Darth Martin
Achilles can do it.

Robtard
Achilles can do it.
rAHnwWfsaY

Bardock42
I don't think I agree with that being a gradual increase in opponents.

And yeah, Robtard is copying me, me being the first to ever have used pictures and charts to illustrate (get it) a point. I feel flattered.

jaden101
6...V is vastly more intelligent than the rest of them...he'd know the weak spot...And he's taken firearm rounds...A LOT.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think I agree with that being a gradual increase in opponents.

And yeah, Robtard is copying me, me being the first to ever have used pictures and charts to illustrate (get it) a point. I feel flattered.

Hey! mad mad mad

I never said any of that! mad mad mad

I was saying that he is using really really simple and illustrations to make a point more clear, similar to what you've done in the past on this site. Yes, of course you're not the first to do it. But...you have kind of done it multiple thymes.

Final Blaxican
Achilles can do it.

No. He can't.

Achilles loses at round 1. Can this thread die now?

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Hey! mad mad mad

I never said any of that! mad mad mad

I was saying that he is using really really simple and illustrations to make a point more clear, similar to what you've done in the past on this site. Yes, of course you're not the first to do it. But...you have kind of done it multiple thymes. I don't like thyme, that much.

But I got what you mean, I do, do that at times.

six6six
Achilles clears the board unless he gets struck in his heel. Duh....

Darth Martin
Seen Troy?

XanatosForever
It depends. It's never explicitly shown that Achilles has his famed invincibility in Troy, though they made a definitive point to keep the movied tied to the Illiad by having an arrow in his heel at death.

Some of these characters would be more knowledgeable about Achilles than others. I could maybe see him taking down the Persians, and possibly Aragorn and Boromir (particularly since these two aren't even from the same Earth, and so would never have heard of Achilles), provided the invincibility holds true.

Nathan, at least, would know the tale of the Illiad, I imagine, and would share the knowledge with his comrades.

Hector has already lost to him once, and Memnom seems to be more or less in the same time period, so they wouldn't have the idea to go for his heel.

I'm a Gladiator fanboy, so I want to say that there's no way Achilles could get past Maximus, but there's a decent chance. I'm sure he knows the tale, however, which should give him a decent advantage, and he could share that with Leonidas, and the two would stomp.

V is superhuman and a lore master. He would stomp.

Blade has an established immortality and healing factor. Achilles would be hard pressed to handle him.

Five Spartans? Which ones? The names ones, I'm assuming, and if they know the heel, they stomp. If they don't, they could still win, I think.

siriuswriter
if you go with the "achilles" legend from the real greek literature providing his ankle is protected.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by siriuswriter
if you go with the "achilles" legend from the real greek literature providing his ankle is protected.

And who's to say any of those teams couldn't accomplish hacking him down long enough to get at his heel? The Spartans were notorious for flying limbs in their movie.

siriuswriter
My last sentence = "providing his ankle is protected.

If that goes, yeah. He'd get through about five or six.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I'm a Gladiator fanboy, so I want to say that there's no way Achilles could get past Maximus, but there's a decent chance. I'm sure he knows the tale, however, which should give him a decent advantage Achilles would shit on Maximus.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Darth Martin Achilles would shit on Maximus.

Saaay, if I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a bait post. Looks like you got a few errors in the quoting process, though. That's okay, better luck next time. big grin

Darth Martin
I mean it too. I don't remember Maximus doing anything special enough to convince me that he could take Achilles. He couldn't take Hector or Leonidas even who are both IMO inferior to Achilles.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by siriuswriter
if you go with the "achilles" legend from the real greek literature providing his ankle is protected. too bad we aren't going with that one, are we

XanatosForever
I mean it too. I don't remember Maximus doing anything special enough to convince me that he could take Achilles. He couldn't take Hector or Leonidas even who are both IMO inferior to Achilles.

You mean besides the fact he was the top general of Rome's armies, favored by Ceasar himself, survived a massive campaign only to be thrust into gladiator matches afterwards, and besting a freed gladiator in a rigged match?

Darth Martin
Show me a clip of what you think is a "impressive" feat.

Robtard
Watch the movie Gladiator, it's impressive from start to finish.

Darth Martin
I've seen it. But I don't recall anything putting him on par with what Achilles did in Troy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.