A bad thing to consider...highly?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kelly_Bean
There's an oppurtunity for Seb and I to get trained up for a security job and we'll have to go through extensive training and around July we'll end up on a cruise ship around Somalia acting as tourists. There will be NO labor work and the only thing we are required to do is to watch for enemies and make sure the ship is not getting attacked. Seb hasn't told me 100% about it yet so I don't know what the REAL purpose of this is yet but according to Google a cruise ship back in the 90's was attacked around Somalia by pirates so I'd say this has something to do with it. It's an extremely, extremely risque job but so is the army. We'll each get $20,000.00 and with Seb and I combined $40,000.00 that pays off my car and gives us a place to move into on our own. The downside to this all is..as I have said..that it's risky and I may get killed..lol.

We'll be able to swim, walk around the ship and do ANYTHING a normal cruise ship tourist would do and we get paid regularly and our food comes out of that.

What do you guys think? Stupid to consider? I'm considering it highly for the simple fact that the economy sucks, especially around here, and my tax money isn't going to take care of my expensive car for long.

Scarlet Fox
I saw go for it. But then again Im in a military family so risking our life is blood.....

But with common sense I say.... WTF?! ITS 20K! AND YOU GET TO GO ON A CRUISE! COME ON MAN!

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
I saw go for it. But then again Im in a military family so risking our life is blood.....

But with common sense I say.... WTF?! ITS 20K! AND YOU GET TO GO ON A CRUISE! COME ON MAN!
Exactly.

But look...more than 1,000 people were fired at. This one happened in '07 but I think similar things have happened in earlier years as well.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28011013/

Scarlet Fox
Well my father kept telling my oldest brother when he was shipped out "Do you feel you were trained well enough to do this?" So ask yourself that and there is your answer.

Forum Ninja
You have to consider whether this is worth twenty thousand dollars. Somalia is a war ridden country in Africa. I'd do some serious thinking before making any decisions.

Kelly_Bean
Well my father kept telling my oldest brother when he was shipped out "Do you feel you were trained well enough to do this?" So ask yourself that and there is your answer.
There will be no doubt about training, lol. I'll do my best and fight for what's right.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Forum Ninja
You have to consider whether this is worth twenty thousand dollars. Somalia is a war ridden country in Africa. I'd do some serious thinking before making any decisions.
I know. erm
And I seriously, seriously have been.
I just like other's honest opinions too.

Scarlet Fox
If it was me in your shoes I would do it. But thats just because of how my family is. I would of enlisted but my father said he didnt want his "Angel" going

Kelly_Bean
If it was me in your shoes I would do it. But thats just because of how my family is. I would of enlisted but my father said he didnt want his "Angel" going
That's similar to what my Mother said today as we were leaving the grocery. Today was the first day I've even hinted to her about this and as we were leaving she said "You know you're Daddy's not gonna let you go to Somalia." I told her "I'm 20 years old in May." And that was that.

She thinks I'm gonna get killed "BEFORE" I even step on the cruise ship.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
There's an oppurtunity for Seb and I to get trained up for a security job and we'll have to go through extensive training and around July we'll end up on a cruise ship around Somalia acting as tourists. There will be NO labor work and the only thing we are required to do is to watch for enemies and make sure the ship is not getting attacked. Seb hasn't told me 100% about it yet so I don't know what the REAL purpose of this is yet but according to Google a cruise ship back in the 90's was attacked around Somalia by pirates so I'd say this has something to do with it. It's an extremely, extremely risque job but so is the army. We'll each get $20,000.00 and with Seb and I combined $40,000.00 that pays off my car and gives us a place to move into on our own. The downside to this all is..as I have said..that it's risky and I may get killed..lol.

We'll be able to swim, walk around the ship and do ANYTHING a normal cruise ship tourist would do and we get paid regularly and our food comes out of that.

What do you guys think? Stupid to consider? I'm considering it highly for the simple fact that the economy sucks, especially around here, and my tax money isn't going to take care of my expensive car for long.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c18/AmandaG1029/aintreadinallthatshit.jpg

Barker
Sounds easy as hell, and the chances of getting hit by pirates seems small.

I'd do it.

Mairuzu
hmm... wrong thread

AC/DC'S_LVR
sound awesome
plus you get to mess with pirats eek!
i say...
do it do it do it!!!

~Wålshy~
sounds cool

my sister had a cruise ship job and she loved it. going around exotic islands and beaches. right up her ally. she didnt die.

you should go for it.

GCG
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/7941/663xy8.gif
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/663xy8.gif/1/w496.png

Mairuzu
You're gonna sleep with everyone on the ship and give them AIDS!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Mairuzu
You're gonna sleep with everyone on the ship and give them AIDS! So it's kinda like she's the pirate....?

Mairuzu
Her name is Ferret Leg Kelly

Shaggs
I got an offer similar to this, but I Was on vacation in another country. And it was a while back though. Still kinda cool.

I probably would have said yes if they offered me 20K though. Like, I wouldn't have ever given a second thought to that.

Kelly_Bean

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean

I doubt you would get the job, I mean no offence but I don't think they are looking for a couple of skinny kids to protect the ship and everyone on board.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I doubt you would get the job, I mean no offence but I don't think they are looking for a couple of skinny kids to protect the ship and everyone on board. This.

Although I say go for it if you actually can, 20 grand, and a small chance of being attacked?

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I doubt you would get the job, I mean no offence but I don't think they are looking for a couple of skinny kids to protect the ship and everyone on board.
If they'll allow people into the army my size, they'll allow people my size onto a cruise ship.

It requires training anyway. I am much more apt to train and strengthen myself properly than someone 200 lbs or more. It does not require a college degree for me to blow your head off with my gun if you come near me. We'll be trained with all of that.

And not only that but the guy putting this entire thing on said that Seb and I have a 70% chance or higher of getting this if we choose to do so.

Piggle Humsy
Army to me seems a little bit different but ok. Good luck, hope you get it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.