Fighter in the wind Vs Ip man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperkatmanX
Both have just lost their partners, and thinks the other one did it.. who would win in fight between the 2 of them. Wing Chun Vs Kyokushin

jaden101
Mas Oyama is quite possibly the hardest bastard that ever walked the earth...so i'm gonna have to give this to fighter in the wind

jalek moye
mas oyama owns all

SuperkatmanX
as much as i love wing chun and the whole bruce lee legacy,, im gonna have to go with mas oyama too.. itd be good to see tho..

jalek moye
Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
as much as i love wing chun and the whole bruce lee legacy,, im gonna have to go with mas oyama too.. itd be good to see tho..
i wouldn't want to. i'm pretty sure that oyama would oneshot him

SuperkatmanX
Ip Man is more of a Technical fighter, even alil more elusive. He relies on just skill to win his matches.. Whereas Mas Oyama is like a brick wall that punches back.

leevan15
ip man

jalek moye
oyama one shots

leevan15
IP man wins

jalek moye
Originally posted by leevan15
IP man wins
how

leevan15
Ip man is = that is how he will win

vivigump
geez...what could possibly entice someone as intelligent as Lee reportedly was to come within a hundred feet of someone who kills bulls bare-handed as a PAST TIME?!

I studied under Fabrey...as student of Oyama's system...and saw some extremely rare video of oyama in kumite and also slaying bulls...I think this gives me a little insight here. You know the old saying in boxing about "a good big man will always beat a good little man?" Well, stick these words in there and you get, "An extremely good big man who KILLS BULLS BARE HANDED as a HOBBY will generally beat a very good little man who MADE MOVIES!"

Trust me on this one, Oyama fought like a force of nature. Seriously. He didn't concern himself much with evasion or angles...why the hell would he need to? He could absolutely butcher most opponents with no more than his patented leg-kicks (imaging Mui-Tai on steroids) before they could get close enough to retaliate. Lee may have been able to throw someone back a few feet with his "six-inch punch" but Oyama once found himself gored by one of his bull-punching bags and used a similar technique while on the ground to SHATTER the poor beasts skull! He used a lightening fast and unbelievably powerful edge-hand chop to actually lop the bull's horn off and thereby sever it's artery completely. There is a story that Oyama was attacked by an enemy at a gathering (the assailant carried a rather large knife) and oyama reacted by using his forearm to block the downward stab (causing the knife to become inbedded in his arm) and then struck his attacker with one, straight, perfect reverse punch which killed the poor sucker. According to the story, Oyama then sat at the man's family's doorstep for two weeks while they screamed insults at him because he felt such remorse. Finally, they gave in and allowed him to help them in whatever way that he could (maybe there were rampaging bulls about?)

Sorry Jeat Kune Do fans...oyama was more than just a competitor. He was by all accounts and every bit of info I have ever found on him quite simply inhuman for all intents and purposes. Not to mention that his style of martial arts spent as much time strengthening his body and raising endurance and stamina as it did giving him such devestating power...I just don't think Lee could even hurt the dude...much less neutralize him!

sunwu
Originally posted by vivigump
geez...what could possibly entice someone as intelligent as Lee reportedly was to come within a hundred feet of someone who kills bulls bare-handed as a PAST TIME?!

I studied under Fabrey...as student of Oyama's system...and saw some extremely rare video of oyama in kumite and also slaying bulls...I think this gives me a little insight here. You know the old saying in boxing about "a good big man will always beat a good little man?" Well, stick these words in there and you get, "An extremely good big man who KILLS BULLS BARE HANDED as a HOBBY will generally beat a very good little man who MADE MOVIES!"

Trust me on this one, Oyama fought like a force of nature. Seriously. He didn't concern himself much with evasion or angles...why the hell would he need to? He could absolutely butcher most opponents with no more than his patented leg-kicks (imaging Mui-Tai on steroids) before they could get close enough to retaliate. Lee may have been able to throw someone back a few feet with his "six-inch punch" but Oyama once found himself gored by one of his bull-punching bags and used a similar technique while on the ground to SHATTER the poor beasts skull! He used a lightening fast and unbelievably powerful edge-hand chop to actually lop the bull's horn off and thereby sever it's artery completely. There is a story that Oyama was attacked by an enemy at a gathering (the assailant carried a rather large knife) and oyama reacted by using his forearm to block the downward stab (causing the knife to become inbedded in his arm) and then struck his attacker with one, straight, perfect reverse punch which killed the poor sucker. According to the story, Oyama then sat at the man's family's doorstep for two weeks while they screamed insults at him because he felt such remorse. Finally, they gave in and allowed him to help them in whatever way that he could (maybe there were rampaging bulls about?)

Sorry Jeat Kune Do fans...oyama was more than just a competitor. He was by all accounts and every bit of info I have ever found on him quite simply inhuman for all intents and purposes. Not to mention that his style of martial arts spent as much time strengthening his body and raising endurance and stamina as it did giving him such devestating power...I just don't think Lee could even hurt the dude...much less neutralize him!

vivigump talk about being a fanboytard your messages proves you're an antibruce lee jackass well let me educate you about bruce lee, He trained just as hard as mas oyama did, he trained everyday drinking jinseng and conditioning his hands on hard stones not to mention have you witnessed bruce lees speed I have yet to see mas oyama catch up to him at that point.

Sure mas oyama has broken alot of bones quite no surprise for bruce there have been reports he has broken his opponents arms before and martial artists who know bruce lee compare his kicks to a car crash. So before you open your mouth and claim stupid crap about bruce not doing anything to mas oyama I've seen and heard mas oyama get some damage from regular karate fighters imagine the strength of bruce lees atrack. I'm not discrediting mas oyama but underestimate bruce lee like a fanboy you need to be slapped across the face not to mention this forum has nothing to do with bruce lee so why bring it up idiot.

I didn't see the entire movie of fighter in the wind but it looks great I'm calling the movies even (Thought don't forget this Ip Man won golden horse and Hong Kong award for fight choreography)

LLLLLink
I like both of those movies, but I think that Ip Man's Wing Chun is too perfect. I mean, he can temporarily paralyze your arm with a precise strike with a small rod.

RichardBrittain
Does Das Boot count?

mkp123

juter

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Mas Oyama is quite possibly the hardest bastard that ever walked the earth...so i'm gonna have to give this to fighter in the wind

The guy or the movie?

Cause...like...the guy...he's just like every other eastern martial artist: lots of fantasy feats with very little real feats. The bull feats? He didn't kill a single bull. The Knife feat? Never happened.

We can say, however, that he fought lots of Americans post WW-II. I'd say that that was believable. Unconfirmed, but believable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.