Smarts contest: Reed Richards vs Tony Stark (movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Ok, between the movie versions of Tony Stark and Reed Richards, which one is the smarter of the two?

The intelligence contest's criteria is the one with the highest combined scientific, mathematical and engineering knowhow between the two.

Who is the better brain???

Silent Guardian
both movie versions were no where near as smart as there comic versions

Lord Feron
Hmmm... I believe reed's greatest invention in the movie was the cosmic power transfer thing in the 1st movie. and the bes thing Stark has don was invent that portable unlimited energy device. Hmmm... hard to judge what is more impressive. IMO developing a new form a energy "with scrap metal in a god damn cave" is pretty impressive. With reed on the other hand created his goodies via a ton of money from somewhere.....

oh wait there was the flying car that can slit into 4 pieces at the end of the 2nd movie Reed made. Thats pretty cool. (as cool as a Iron man suit... hmmm..)

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Hmmm... I believe reed's greatest invention in the movie was the cosmic power transfer thing in the 1st movie. and the bes thing Stark has don was invent that portable unlimited energy device. Hmmm... hard to judge what is more impressive. IMO developing a new form a energy "with scrap metal in a god damn cave" is pretty impressive. With reed on the other hand created his goodies via a ton of money from somewhere.....

oh wait there was the flying car that can slit into 4 pieces at the end of the 2nd movie Reed made. Thats pretty cool. (as cool as a Iron man suit... hmmm..)

But with the "tons of money, he built something able to do space wind.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
But with the "tons of money, he built something able to do space wind.

built something to "stop" space wind? Is that what you meant?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
both movie versions were no where near as smart as there comic versions

I know THAT... in comics, I'd have to say Reed would be clearly smarter. Talking about the movies here.

Also, don't forget that Stark was hailed by all sorts of magazines/publications while Reed was nowhere to be seen. smile

Darth Martin
People knew who Richards was. He was just bankrupt, so if he got any rap it would be negative. Besides Tony was a corporate big shot. Richards was just an "associate" to Doom.

kgkg
Reed

janus77
Tony, by a mile.
Unlimited energy, the I-M suits, the Ai of Jeeves ... what comparable feats did Reed achieve, in the movies?

kgkg
Originally posted by janus77
Tony, by a mile.
Unlimited energy, the I-M suits, the Ai of Jeeves ... what comparable feats did Reed achieve, in the movies?
1>Cured Ben ,
2> and was known as the smartest man on earth

Original post

Reed from his conversations seemed to know a lot more about mathematics and science in general than Tony

janus77
1. Ben just had really dry scabby skin, Tony could have bought him a good moisturiser!

2. Tony got laid more, had Gwenyth Paltrow hanging on his every word and owned a Jet with a pole dancing stage. That to me screams "SMARTEST MAN ALIVE!"

as for the maths and engineering... Tony did multiple-combo McGuyvers in that cave in Afghanistan. Reed just talked a good game.

kgkg
dry skin is that a joke? wink If it it was not the incident was caused by a cosmic accident. This is cure that Reed has trouble in cartoons , and comic achieving while in the movie he did it pretty easily

Most nerds/intellectual are not playboys. and JESSICA ALBA > Gwenyth Paltrow anyday

I was talking in general. IM had some showing of him being a genius <that is evident> while Eeed was seen as the smartest man alive <during the entire movie>

Tony was a genius inventor and a good businessman like in the comic

while Reed was the best scientist/intellectual period

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Lord Feron

oh wait there was the flying car that can slit into 4 pieces at the end of the 2nd movie Reed made. Thats pretty cool. (as cool as a Iron man suit... hmmm..) thumb up

the clincher: "IMO developing a new form a energy "with scrap metal in a god damn cave" is pretty impressive. With reed on the other hand created his goodies via a ton of money from somewhere....."

well said.

Trackz
reed received much more funding and time to test and experiment, stark was able to create some of his inventions free-hand with little resources

Placidity
Reed wins this by a mile due to previously mentioned reasons.

Stark did not create the Arc Reactor, his father did. He did however, develop a smaller version of it.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Placidity
Reed wins this by a mile due to previously mentioned reasons.

Stark did not create the Arc Reactor, his father did. He did however, develop a smaller version of it.

It was a ginormous reactor that wasn't even efficient enough for practical use.

It's like Fusion Reactors of today. They work but they're huge and use up more energy than they generate.

It'll already take an uber genius to make Fusion generators super efficient like Stark did. But he also made portable!

That's gotta be an achievement.

Placidity
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
It was a ginormous reactor that wasn't even efficient enough for practical use.

Actually, the one that Howard Stark invented works fine. It just costs too much to build for the amount of energy it can produce. In fact, the large Arc Reactor at Stark Industries is what powers the whole site we saw.

It's like Fusion Reactors of today. They work but they're huge and use up more energy than they generate.

That is actually false. Fusion Reactors are still in the experimental/research stage today. They do however, produce more energy than it requires to run, all generators do. Whether or not they are cost efficient is another matter.

It'll already take an uber genius to make Fusion generators super efficient like Stark did. But he also made portable!

That's gotta be an achievement.

I won't deny it, it is a very impressive achievement. But given that Howard was the one that provided the basis of the achievement plus we are talking about this in the context of comics/movie lah lah land, it does lose some of its impressiveness - At least when we compare him to someone like Reed Richards.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Placidity

That is actually false. Fusion Reactors are still in the experimental/research stage today. They do however, produce more energy than it requires to run, all generators do. Whether or not they are cost efficient is another matter.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read the reason for Fusion reactors not being feasable at the moment is that it takes more energy to create and contain the Fusion reaction (they need extreme pressure or extreme heat to enable the reaction to be possible) than it manages to generate at the end. I think they're still at 65-70% efficiency at the moment.

I'm too lazy to post sources at the moment, but if you have sources yourself that prove that these things are now generating more power than it takes to create the Fusion reaction, then please post. smile I'd love to find out that they've solved this problem already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.