Family Tree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
Has anyone had their family tree drawn? How many generations back are on your family tree?
Any surprises as to where your ancestors came from?

If you're from the Americas, any indigenous people in your family tree?

Darth Macabre
Yes, I have a tree that goes back to the late 14th, early 15th century, encompassing I think twenty-four generations. And, nope, no surprises, they're all either Welsh or Irish. Two of my ancestors, my great-great-great grandfather and another great-great grandfather both fought in the American Civil War, on opposing sides.

Bardock42
My grandmother on my mothers side has a family tree that goes back about 4 to 5 generations. There's not that much information on it, but they might have done more research, I should check it sometime. No indigenous people. Or Jews. Though...I guess most Germans know that...something in our past or so, I think.

On my fathers side, no, we do not, I believe. Though no Jews.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Bardock42
My grandmother on my mothers side has a family tree that goes back about 4 to 5 generations. There's not that much information on it, but they might have done more research, I should check it sometime. No indigenous people. Or Jews. Though...I guess most Germans know that...something in our past or so, I think.

On my fathers side, no, we do not, I believe. Though no Jews. laughing

Deja~vu
On my mothers side I have a great grandmother who was full Cherokee and I don't have much information about the tribe though my mother believes she was probably on the "Trail of Tears." She, my mother is from Arkansas, so we did fight on the side of the south during the Civil War. Though I now live in the north. LOL. There are also a little German and I believe French in my mother also.

My Fathers side is all Italian. We've had many priests and doctors on my grandmothers side of the family. They were Dons. They were very wealthy until WWII when most of my family moved to South American. Only two came to North America. My grandfather came here when he was fourteen and found himself a job then went back and got my grandmother. His side of the family wasn't to wealthy and how he got my grandmother is a mystery to me...LOL I also heard that during the time of Abraham Lincoln, my great great great grandfather came here, said, "There's nothing here." and went back to Italy. Back on my grandfathers side in the small town were they lived in, they were known for being just trouble and once broke a cousin out of jail by shooting the sherif or whatever you want to call them. Shot him in the leg....but they dare not come after the family. LOL

jaden101
i traced mine 2 generation above and below me (yes some of my cousins are old enough to have grandkids...mind you it's not that old in the UK...see the 13yo dad thread for example) and only for 1 side of the family and ended up with 360 people...

It's not really that surprising given that my mum is one of 10 kids and my gran was one of 10 kids too.

lord xyz
Not one. Although, my last name is Polish, and it is infact a Polish spelling of a German word. So, I guess I'm part German as well.

Just like the queen.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Deja~vu
On my mothers side I have a great grandmother who was full Cherokee and I don't have much information about the tribe though my mother believes she was probably on the "Trail of Tears." She, my mother is from Arkansas, so we did fight on the side of the south during the Civil War. Though I now live in the north. LOL. There are also a little German and I believe French in my mother also.

My Fathers side is all Italian. We've had many priests and doctors on my grandmothers side of the family. They were Dons. They were very wealthy until WWII when most of my family moved to South American. Only two came to North America. My grandfather came here when he was fourteen and found himself a job then went back and got my grandmother. His side of the family wasn't to wealthy and how he got my grandmother is a mystery to me...LOL I also heard that during the time of Abraham Lincoln, my great great great grandfather came here, said, "There's nothing here." and went back to Italy. Back on my grandfathers side in the small town were they lived in, they were known for being just trouble and once broke a cousin out of jail by shooting the sherif or whatever you want to call them. Shot him in the leg....but they dare not come after the family. LOL

Very interesting.

I was looking at my boyfriends family tree, he managed to trace all his ansestors in Canada and 5 generations in France.

jaden101
Oh...i forgot to mention i did trace my direct lineage back a huge amount both through paper work and genetic descent...turns out one of my direct ancestors was the earl of Perth...he earned that title by being the man who came up with the idea of using caltrops against the English caverly at the battle of Bannockburn

here's the wiki entrance about it

KidRock
I traced my fathers back to around the late 1800's when my ancestors came here from outside of Milan, Italy. And apparently in the 1940's I had a relative that was a race car driver in South America (Italian). I confirmed that by looking up races back then and it was true. I have a pretty unique Italian last name.

As for my mothers side..who knows. I am a mix of about 5 different things from that side.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by KidRock
I traced my fathers back to around the late 1800's when my ancestors came here from outside of Milan, Italy. And apparently in the 1940's I had a relative that was a race car driver in South America (Italian). I confirmed that by looking up races back then and it was true. I have a pretty unique Italian last name.

As for my mothers side..who knows. I am a mix of about 5 different things from that side.

F**king Immigrant. Stealing American jobs and sponging off Americna taxes.

Robtard
My Italian ancestors enslaved my Spanish ancestors back in the day, I know, I know, not conventional, but it worked.

Peach
We don't have any sort of tree drawn up tracing my family or anything, but we do have actual records from various ancestors coming to the US that date between the 1840s and 1950s. It's pretty neat.

Naz
My relatives put together a family tree that goes back to the mid 1700s. It'd be cooler if I could see from that where everyone came from in Europe, but they all came over from France and were in the American South before the Revolution. There's only two people on my dad's side who came over from Germany after the Revolution.
I only have two native american people in my family tree, but we can't prove it to get reparations because to avoid descrimination they put "white" on their census.

Jack Daniels
sux when your grandparents die in a train wreck when your dad was a newborn....my father was adopted and all he got to find out was they were from norway thats it...the adoptive parents same place except in that tree had native american...zip zero zilch on that side other words other than being norwegian ...we liked to drink and fight...not much else is known...and no olie and lena jokes please..unless they r good

Strangelove
I have not traced back my family tree, but my great grandma, who passed away just last week, immigrated here from Poland by way of Ellis Island.

Rogue Jedi
I am a direct descendant of Andrew Jackson.

KidRock
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
F**king Immigrant. Stealing American jobs and sponging off Americna taxes.

Yep.

Now all I have to do is not pay taxes anymore and collect welfare checks. Only then will I become a true American.

Jack Daniels
but if you dont pay taxes you wont get your stimulus check...lol

KidRock
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
but if you dont pay taxes you wont get your stimulus check...lol

But I will still get access to the kick-ass frisbee golf course that this stimulus bill is going to build.

Deja~vu
My mother who was from the south, Arkansas, told me how she hated guns because everybody was always doing things wrong with them. They were pretty violent. She said that Jessie James moved around a lot and at one time was down the street.

Well, that is what she told me. Don't know if it's true though.

Guess the man got around...lol

Robtard
Your mother was neighbors with the Jesse James? You know the man died in 1882, right?

Deja~vu
Guess she didn't know what she was talking about. lOL..oR maybe it ere relatives that new him. It's been a long time since I have heard that story. Maybe it was her grandfather who had like a bizzilion wives all over...lol

Deja~vu
edit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.