Who Will Buy MK?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Midway is gettin the chair meaning they'll be done making games including MK. Which company do you think will buy the rights to the goriest fighting game franchise?

Kazenji
I don't think the actual game company is officailly dead

But if they did die should hand the game franchise over to Namco.

Yoshi Paradise
I really don't mind who gets the license as long as they find a way to make the games better.

SmashBro
Hopefully an American company with Ed Boon and gang still working on them.

occultdestroyer
SCE should buy it, then handed over to David Jaffe's hands in SCE Santa Monica.

He'd make it much more realistic and gorier, considering the fact he created the Twisted Metal and God of War franchises.

jinXed by JaNx
Rockstar should buy the rights to Mortal Kombat. Rockstar always makes quality games with a unique and obscure gaming experience. I know it would never happen but Rockstar has never undertaken a fighting game, that i know of and i think Mortal Kombat would be a good place to start.

Yoshi Paradise
Isn't Rockstar in charge of the "Grand Theft Auto" series?

Kazenji
Whats that got to do with anything ?

Yoshi Paradise
I was just asking a simple question that required a simple answer, but don't worry about it.

Anyway, if Rare acquired the license to the Mortal Kombat series, then they'd have a good excuse to bring back some of the Killer Instinct characters...

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I was just asking a simple question that required a simple answer, but don't worry about it.

Anyway, if Rare acquired the license to the Mortal Kombat series, then they'd have a good excuse to bring back some of the Killer Instinct characters...
That would be badass indeed. Killer instinct was one of the better fighting games i played as a little kid.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise

Not sure if I can trust Rare since they still hadn't brought back the Killer Instinct series themselves but at least some people would basically get what they want; Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct.

Yoshi Paradise
Exactly, and all of the Killer Instinct fans will be satisfied.
Originally posted by k1Lla441
That would be badass indeed. Killer instinct was one of the better fighting games i played as a little kid.

Yep, and I wouldn't mind using Glacius in another game.

Joker1237
MK wont die.

I thought MK vs DC was pretty good.

SmashBro
Well they're under Chapter 11 bankruptcy, then Midway could still do whatever they want with MK.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Joker1237
MK vs DC was pretty good.

Well I wouldn't exactly call the game good but hey, it's your opinion so I won't argue.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Joker1237
MK wont die.

I thought MK vs DC was pretty good.

I think it's a good game, too.

It has obvious flaws, but it's still a pretty good game.

Joker1237
It was not perfect, it has flaws, but I still enjoy it. Supes is right there on his own power level in comics with his amazing infinty combo. lol

But it was a pretty fun game, like the story line they came up with, and Raiden and Supes "Teaming" up sort of in the end. Its still one on one, BUT, story wise they team up on Dark Khan.

But out of the new MK games, 3d wise(Not mention MK4, that was still 2d in 3d graphics) The game play was better imo, than MKDA-MKA.

Thsos were good games, still but I like this type of game play better.
Still flaws to over look, but hey, it might be better in MK9.

I know people complain over the lack of blood. But over all it was a good effort. No way I see say Batman ripping some one's head off. So I let that slide. Non of the death's were gory or anything, but I can understand since DC put that rule set down I suppose.

Nemesis X
MKvsDC is one if the main reasons why Midway is getting bankrupt. Reason: It sucked. Why? Because changing a rating on one of the most awesome goriest franchises ever is retarded. Why the **** did Midway team up with DC? Why not Capcom or some other company that would allow their characters to be in an M rated game? Heck, they could've teamed with Marvel but no. Instead, they walked up to their doom, DC.

Here's Ed Boon's fate: Scorpion shoots a spear at him and shouts "GET OVER HERE", Ed gets pulled and Scorpion kicks him into the air. Jaxx shows up and before Ed hits the ground, Jaxx punches him into the air. Sub Zero summons up an ice nugget on top of Ed and the nugget pushes Ed down on the ground hard. Liu Kang picks Ed up and kicks him through a wall. Ed is laying down on the ground again and Shao Kahn appears. Kahn lifts his hammer and brings it down on Ed's face. Blood and brain chunks are now all over the place. Raiden appears and electrocutes Ed's corpse. Now the corpse is smoldering ash. He soon later gets ressurected by Quan Chi and the MK cast will keep on killing him for eternity.

Joker1237
The game seems to be selling pretty good though.

One game is not going to destory a company.

Nemesis X
The sales are good because the game is mostly bought by the friggin parents.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
MKvsDC is one if the main reasons why Midway is getting bankrupt. Reason: It sucked. Why? Because changing a rating on one of the most awesome goriest franchises ever is retarded. Why the **** did Midway team up with DC? Why not Capcom or some other company that would allow their characters to be in an M rated game? Heck, they could've teamed with Marvel but no. Instead, they walked up to their doom, DC.

Here's Ed Boon's fate: Scorpion shoots a spear at him and shouts "GET OVER HERE", Ed gets pulled and Scorpion kicks him into the air. Jaxx shows up and before Ed hits the ground, Jaxx punches him into the air. Sub Zero summons up an ice nugget on top of Ed and the nugget pushes Ed down on the ground hard. Liu Kang picks Ed up and kicks him through a wall. Ed is laying down on the ground again and Shao Kahn appears. Kahn lifts his hammer and brings it down on Ed's face. Blood and brain chunks are now all over the place. Raiden appears and electrocutes Ed's corpse. Now the corpse is smoldering ash. He soon later gets ressurected by Quan Chi and the MK cast will keep on killing him for eternity.
....... haermm

SmashBro
The sales are good because the game is mostly bought by the friggin parents.

And you base this on...?

And I thought you got over the T rated thing already. Why are you still whining over that? The game's made, released and is selling pretty well, yet you're still stuck in last year. Just get over it.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Rockstar should buy the rights to Mortal Kombat. Rockstar always makes quality games with a unique and obscure gaming experience. I know it would never happen but Rockstar has never undertaken a fighting game, that i know of and i think Mortal Kombat would be a good place to start.

i second this.

the company i'd least like to see getting involved is EA.

that would just be death.

Ridley_Prime
Okay. Since Nemesis X and SmashBro are like the only no-joke Dark Khan fans I know of, I just had an idea. The main villain of the next Mortal Kombat game should be a fusion between Nemesis and SmashBro, creating NemeBro! With their combined powers, they will resurrect Dark Khan, and together they will merge ALL the universes from every piece of fiction together, because the Mortal Kombat and DC universes alone just weren't enough. Then they'll talk about how no universe separately was perfect, and their moaning shall last neigh a millennium.
To stop this madness from finishing, every good guy/hero (and some anti-heroes) from every universe must form together for the ultimate battle against NemeBro and Dark Khan!!!1

Next game- Mortal Kombat: Merging of the Universes. Rated T for teen so Nemesis can complain about the rating, and with online gameplay. Soon to be in a store near you!

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Okay. Since Nemesis X and SmashBro are like the only no-joke Dark Khan fans I know of, I just had an idea. The main villain of the next Mortal Kombat game should be a fusion between Nemesis and SmashBro, creating NemeBro! With their combined powers, they will resurrect Dark Khan, and together they will merge ALL the universes from every piece of fiction together, because the Mortal Kombat and DC universes alone just weren't enough. Then they'll talk about how no universe separately was perfect, and their moaning shall last neigh a millennium.
To stop this madness from finishing, every good guy/hero (and some anti-heroes) from every universe must form together for the ultimate battle against NemeBro and Dark Khan!!!1

Next game- Mortal Kombat: Merging of the Universes. Rated T for teen so Nemesis can complain about the rating, and with online gameplay. Soon to be in a store near you!

"shall last neigh a millennium."

I didn't expect you to use that word for word. haermm

But that seems a more then logical idea for a sequel, although I doubt it would sell well, the moaning would never end!!!

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

You're really crossing the line dude.

Neo Darkhalen
You're really crossing the line dude.

You do understand the concept of humor right? I doubt someone of Ridley's stature was being serious.

Internet serious business.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.