Join the Air Force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crosshair
Ok...so I'm thinking of joining the USAF after high school. Can anybody give me some first hand info on their USAF experiences?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Crosshair
Ok...so I'm thinking of joining the USAF after high school. Can anybody give me some first hand info on their USAF experiences?

Don't do it, become a priest instead,

Prabhodh
You could go around blowin' up brown people. Good, clean fun.

Jack Daniels
well all I can tell you as I never joined the armed forces...is that I dont see where the government honored its agreements with vets...stay on your toes if your in it for benefits...make them honor what they promise they dont hand out benefits as easy like if you were not military and just applied for welfare..lol...u.s. government isnt known for keeping promises just ask the native americans who have been forced into cubby holes...hope obama does something for the vets who have been screwed in the past...sux putting your life on the line and then being denied medical care cause it costs em too much

jinXed by JaNx
If i were you i would join the Marines. By joining the Marines you get a free pass to be an obnoxious ass hole for the rest of your life.

Seriously, though. I can't give you any first hand advice but i have had a Brother and an Uncle in the Army and a father in the Navy. They all said that the Airforce is the way to go. You should really just figure out what you want to do before joining. Look at all of the branches, compare professions and benefits and then decide. Which branch is going to afford you the opportunity to learn a job that is in high demand? Which Branch will give you better tuition benefits for schooling? Either way, you should really take the jobs into consideration. Decide what you want to be doing and learning in the military before you sign up and make sure that it is a trade that you can apply to the world when you leave. Even if you're not going to be working that job when you discharge, it will be something else under your belt in case you need coverage.

Also, don't join the Army unless you have some type of college degree. This is the one piece of advice that my brother and Uncle always give to people and its understandable why.

Good luck with your decisions and what ever you decide don't make the decision lightly and don't make the decision due to something you heard in an online forum wink

Jack Daniels
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Good luck with your decisions and what ever you decide don't make the decision lightly and don't make the decision due to something you heard in an online forum wink
wise advise

Bicnarok

inimalist
"Nothing's too good for a veteran, so nothing's what they'll get."

-Eddie Vedder

liebe911
I love to Join the Army !! as a Sniper

tsscls
-- Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.

War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.
I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.
It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.
I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.
I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.
During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

tsscls
http://www.lexrex.com/enlightened/articles/warisaracket.htm

tsscls
Excerpt of George Washington's Farewell Speech;

"The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to domestic nations, is in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible. Europe has a set of primary interests, which to us have none, or a very remote relation. Hence she must be engaged in frequent controversies the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, therefore, it must be unwise in us to implicate ourselves, by artificial ties, in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations and collisions of her friendships or enmities."

MilitantDog

lord xyz
I alwats wanted to join the RAF.

For the sheer enjoyment of flying a plane wild style.

K-Dog
I am a chiropractor but I almost (long story but I went through officer training partway) joined the USAF. I would think they are the safest branch and offer the most technical-type training of any branch and also have a rational attitude and mindset that would not burn you out as fast. I really think that the right person in the USAF could go a long way and see and do a lot of cool stuff if you are motivated and will put the work in.

Final Blaxican
I would recommend staying out of the military altogether until the Military works on getting people out of Iraq, instead of sending people in.

However, if you're going to join any military branch, the air force is probably your safest choice.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Crosshair
Ok...so I'm thinking of joining the USAF after high school. Can anybody give me some first hand info on their USAF experiences? Code Red.

MilitantDog
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I would recommend staying out of the military altogether until the Military works on getting people out of Iraq, instead of sending people in.

However, if you're going to join any military branch, the air force is probably your safest choice.

You'll be surprised that not everyone who joins an armed force ends up in Iraq and that every serviceman/woman who does end up doing a tour in Iraq is there to kill people.

Your response is the typical uninformed and emotionally biased opinion of many who don't have a clue what they are talking about.

Final Blaxican
I never said you'd have to kill people. And I never said that you'd end up in Iraq for sure.

Reading Comprehension. You're response is the typical uninformed and emotionally biased opinion of many who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

MilitantDog
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I never said you'd have to kill people. And I never said that you'd end up in Iraq for sure.

Reading Comprehension. You're response is the typical uninformed and emotionally biased opinion of many who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

I can read thank you. You were making a big point about Iraq. I was clarifying for you.

Global awarness.

Final Blaxican
Except you didn't clarify anything, because there was nothing to clarifiy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.