Thanos+I.G. vs Your DCU Dirty Dozen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
Thanos- Infinity Gauntlet

VS

DCU'S Dirty Dozen- Who are the 12 heroes/Villains that could stop Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?

xJLxKing
-Spectre with Presence backing him up.
-Lucifer
-Michael
-Presence
-Great Evil Beast
-Mandrakk
-Superman with cosmic armor
-12 dimension imp(or whatever it was)
-5th dimension imps
-Source(that black and white dude)
-AM with full power

I am sure there are a lot more

occultdestroyer
Spectre (fully powered w/ Logoz)
The Source
Great Evil Beast
Archangel Gabriel
Michael
Lucifer
Elaine
YHWH
Rama Kushna
Meshta
The Word
The Endless

Astner
Originally posted by xJLxKing
-Mandrakk
You do realize that he was killed by Supermen eye-lazarz and Green Lanterns light-stakes, right?
Originally posted by xJLxKing -Superman with cosmic armor
Not enough feats.
Originally posted by xJLxKing -5th dimension imps
No.
Originally posted by xJLxKing -AM with full power
I doubt it.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Astner
You do realize that he was killed by Supermen eye-lazarz and Green Lanterns light-stakes, right?
He fought Superman with cosmic armor and to top it off mandrakk is the ultimate threat.

Are you kidding me? This dude is build to fight the strongest and the biggest threats to the universes. He is only beaten by supreme beings.

What? These beings can destroy all realities with a snap of their fingers. They can't get killed even if they want to. Emperor Joker(when he had mxy powers) destroyed all the universes with his finger. On many occasions, mxy/joker defeated the Spectre

Wow! He fought and defeated Spectre with the presence backing him up. So if you put Spectre with his back up, then why shouldn't AM be there when he defeated Spectre?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Astner

You do realize that only worked because Superman wished for it to work?

Enyalus
Wow! He fought and defeated Spectre with the presence backing him up. So if you put Spectre with his back up, then why shouldn't AM be there when he defeated Spectre?

Because he was almost killed by Supergirl in his own universe, in his own stronghold?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Because he was almost killed by Supergirl in his own universe, in his own stronghold?
low balling him. And I said at his best

iceman24567
low balling him. And I said at his best Indeed at his best Supergirl would have been a bug to him and he would casually
kill her.

tjcoady
Elaine Belloc.

/thread.

Batman-Prime
Parallax (Zero Hour)

TricksterPriest
Cosmic Extant. Should also add "The Word", Krona, and Swamp-god.

UKR
-Parallax: Maybe, he destroyed and recreated the whole DCU or something like that. I think he would barely beat Thanos.
-Elaine Beloc: Who?
-The Specter: If he was really as powerful as everyone grossly overhypes him to be, then sure. But from what I've seen, this guy is no "wrath of God".
-Superman w/cosmic armor: I don't even know where Superman stands in this situation. But I doubt this would work, I don't think Superman was above Eternity-level or anything like that.
-The Source, the Word, the Presence, etc: I'm not sure but I think this is the monotheistic "God" of the DCU with a capital G. So, obviously he would beat Thanos.
-The Endless: Are pretty badly overhyped. I've never been convinced that these guys deserve the kind of credit they get. From what I've seen, they are basically a bunch of fairly ordinary and generic cosmic types, not really among the greatest bigwigs of either the MU or DCU.
-Meshta: Who?
-Rama Kushna: Who? (I think). If this is that Hindu god who had trouble with Wonder Woman and got owned by being zapped with the Godwave, which is merely the energy of the DC Greek pantheon, then this doesn't seem like much of a fight.
-Lucifer: It's a bit hard to tell, but overall I wouldn't think so. This guy needed to combine his power with that of Michael to create just one universe. I believe the IG goes well beyond that.
-Michael: Just a Lucifer-level guy, right? Same, then.
-Gabriel: If he's on the par of the last two, then same.
-The Great Evil Beast: Excuse my ignorance (if any, I don't know), but I believe this thing is the equal to the Presence, the Source, the Word, etc and all that stuff and that it existed before God created the universe. So I think that that puts it beyond an IG wielder...but I'm not sure by how much.
-5th and 12th dimensional imps: The IG's no threat.
-The Anti-Monitor, full power: I think this guy got killed by "pre-Crisis" Superman or Supergirl or something, or had trouble with them. I never read "Crisis", so I'm not really sure. I think at his peak he could destroy the DCU, or had 52 universes of secret herbs and spices backing him up, or beat the Specter with the Presence or something backing him up, etc. IMO this is the most even fight of them all, but I believe Thanos' craftiness will give the Mad Titan the victory, rather than the power of the IG doing it.
-Mandrakk: I have almost no idea who that is.

UKR
Anyways, I think some interesting contestants might be:
-The Beyonder, maybe after his retcon (if before, he was above the LT, then this is not a fair fight when one considers that the LT simply severed Thanos' access to the gems' power)
-The Cosmic Cubes: I'm not perfectly sure where these guys land, but I heard that they can alter reality on a universal scale or something. IMO they sound like competition.
-The Molecule Man: I think this guy has gone up or down in power on any number of occasions. I think this might be worth a try.
-Shuma-Gorath: He had a minion who was "infinite". Sounds like a challenger...
-Crom (Conan's god): Most will probably estimate him as only skyfather-level, but he once beat Shuma by just having a human read a magical book aloud.
-Krona: He pwnd Eternity and Galactus, right? Plus Eternity's DC counterpart.
-Galactus at truly full power: He is destined to eat and then remake the whole MU, IIRC.
-An Infinite (possibly more than one?): Made Eternity look like a nobody.
-Ion: I don't know him, but he sounds tough.

Mekrob
First off, this is a team thread, not individuals who stand a chance.

Second. The Source, Spectre, Lucifer, Micheal, etc, etc, are not villains or heroes.

Third, this is DCU.

Do people even attempt to read OP's anymore... especially when this is still on the first page... or the thread titles?

Forth:
Batman
times 12

guy222
Spectre>IG

GEB
Carnivean

tjcoady
Originally posted by UKR
-Parallax: Maybe, he destroyed and recreated the whole DCU or something like that. I think he would barely beat Thanos.
-The Specter: If he was really as powerful as everyone grossly overhypes him to be, then sure. But from what I've seen, this guy is no "wrath of God".
-Superman w/cosmic armor: I don't even know where Superman stands in this situation. But I doubt this would work, I don't think Superman was above Eternity-level or anything like that.
-The Source, the Word, the Presence, etc: I'm not sure but I think this is the monotheistic "God" of the DCU with a capital G. So, obviously he would beat Thanos.
-The Endless: Are pretty badly overhyped. I've never been convinced that these guys deserve the kind of credit they get. From what I've seen, they are basically a bunch of fairly ordinary and generic cosmic types, not really among the greatest bigwigs of either the MU or DCU.
-Rama Kushna: Who? (I think). If this is that Hindu god who had trouble with Wonder Woman and got owned by being zapped with the Godwave, which is merely the energy of the DC Greek pantheon, then this doesn't seem like much of a fight.
-Lucifer: It's a bit hard to tell, but overall I wouldn't think so. This guy needed to combine his power with that of Michael to create just one universe. I believe the IG goes well beyond that.
-The Great Evil Beast: Excuse my ignorance (if any, I don't know), but I believe this thing is the equal to the Presence, the Source, the Word, etc and all that stuff and that it existed before God created the universe. So I think that that puts it beyond an IG wielder...but I'm not sure by how much.
-The Anti-Monitor, full power: I think this guy got killed by "pre-Crisis" Superman or Supergirl or something, or had trouble with them. I never read "Crisis", so I'm not really sure. I think at his peak he could destroy the DCU, or had 52 universes of secret herbs and spices backing him up, or beat the Specter with the Presence or something backing him up, etc. IMO this is the most even fight of them all, but I believe Thanos' craftiness will give the Mad Titan the victory, rather than the power of the IG doing it.

You know what?

You sound like someone whose comic reading experience extends about as far as Respect threads. All well and good, if you're just here to argue, but if you really want to be reasonable, read some ****ing good comics for once.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by UKR
Originally posted by tjcoady
You know what?

You sound like someone whose comic reading experience extends about as far as Respect threads. All well and good, if you're just here to argue, but if you really want to be reasonable, read some ****ing good comics for once.

http://i39.tinypic.com/125s7jc.jpg

UKR
You know what?

Unless I've broken any rules - and I'm sure I haven't - then there's nothing you can do if you don't like something about me. There is nothing wrongful or illegitimate about my presence here, and you have no business giving me this disrespect just because I'm not a complete nerd who spends every penny on books that are popular but not which I enjoy. I've hardly done anything wrong.

tjcoady
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
http://i39.tinypic.com/125s7jc.jpg

OH MY ****ING GOD YOU'VE FOUND A ****ING VIDEO THAT DISPLAYS SOME IMAGE OF VIOLENCE!!!!!

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY ONLY ****ING WEAKNESS???

You idiot. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I have to say.

tjcoady
Originally posted by UKR
Unless I've broken any rules - and I'm sure I haven't - then there's nothing you can do if you don't like something about me. There is nothing wrongful or illegitimate about my presence here, and you have no business giving me this disrespect just because I'm not a complete nerd who spends every penny on books that are popular but not which I enjoy. I've hardly done anything wrong.

My lord.

This has nothing to do with what I'm saying, at all. Did you have this perfectly punctiliously response prepared in case someone intelligent attacked you?

I feel like it's the mid 30s, and I'm ****ing Hemingway and you're.... ****ing Dorthy Parker or something. Oh wait, YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE, DO YOU???

No, you don't, and if you go look them up on wiki, trust me, I'll know.

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm not challenging who you are as A PERSON, and if you mistake my comment for that, you're not reading it.

Again, and again, and again, I'm not saying you're an unintelligent person.

Honestly, a comic book forum is not the place if you're trying to judge the limitations of what a person can accomplish outside it.

The basis, the minimum, the exact bottom requirement of what I'm saying....

..... is just read more comics. You know what? Call me a nerd if you like. I really don't care at all about being called a nerd, or a geek, or a loser.... That's the entire purpose of these forums. We're on here debating about ****ing COMICS.... if any one of us really tripped about social standing based on that idea, we wouldn't be here.

All I'm saying, is that if you're going to make a comment like you did, go read some comics outside of the immediate Marvel and DC canons. Go check out some Vertigo, or ever some Indie Publishers. Scott Pilgrim is really good, and that's not published by either major company. I, personally, ADORE, Hellblazer, which you obviously know, is one of the OG Vertigo titles (at 250 now). Maybe read some "Invincible," of, if you want to go crazy and out there, some "American Splendor." Maybe take a break and read some "Love and Rockets" or "Invinsibles" or "Swamp Thing."

You see, you're entirely missing the point. I don't think you're not intellegent. I just think by arguining how you do on KMC, and the way it's obvious that you read comics, you're missing out on the entire ****ing spectrume that "art" and "writing" can produce.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Thanos- Infinity Gauntlet

VS

DCU'S Dirty Dozen- Who are the 12 heroes/Villains that could stop Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet?

12, hm kk an good challenge,

My "normal" Team, with prep of course

My first 8

Lex Luthor
Alexander Luthor (if allowed)
Batman
Superman (incl Sundipping)
GL (Hal)
Black Alice (IG is energy, mystical energies are energy, why not?)
Flash (Barry or Wally)
Deadman

The following 4 might be overkill but just for fun

Superboy-Prime (with g amp would be an a good distraction)
Monarch (if allowed)
Brainiac 13 (I think this one could do it solo, with prep)
Darkside (I don't know if Skyfathers are allowed, but he surely is a Villain)

Those 4 might be sufficient enough, they could replace the big 4 from above,

Dr. Fate
PC-Supergirl
Superman 1M
Doomsday (Gog Wars)

Thanos has to fight like he did in IG, not like he would by KMC rules. wink

Nestical
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

Thanos has to fight like he did in IG, not like he would by KMC rules. wink

um,who are you to add anything to what the op stated?douche laughing

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Nestical
um,who are you to add anything to what the op stated?douche laughing

Batman-Prime and you?

no expression

xJLxKing
Originally posted by UKR
You need to read a little comics. Lucifer and Michael are very powerful. If you never read anything about them, then I am sure there is a respect thread. Check it out. Those guys take multiversal big bang attacks and stuff like that.
Anti-Monitor at his best defeated Spectre when he was fully backed by the Presence.
Cosimic armor Superman has the power to take on any thread. HE is easily as strong as Micheal, Lucfier...etc. He defeated Mandrakk who is the greatest threat to the multiverse.

Perhaps someone can finish my post.

Mr Master
In Marvel, only the entity second to the supreme being can definitively defeat an IG wielder,
and it would take destroying Reality as we know it do succeed in that endeavor.

In fact, I remember the LT stating
that if the IG could be reformed by Rune in the Multiverse that houses the Ultraverse,
it would basically be the end of that Multiverse, and perhaps his (LT's) own as well.

This is because the IG per TOAA allows the wielder to become God of all reality.

And only the LT,
while directly representing TOAA's power, is above it as far as as any of us knows.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Mr Master
In Marvel, only the entity second to the supreme being can definitively defeat an IG wielder,

that if the IG could be reformed by Rune in the Multiverse that houses the Ultraverse,
it would basically be the end of that Multiverse, and perhaps his (LT's) own as well.

This is because the IG per TOAA allows the wielder to become God of all reality.

And only the LT,
while directly representing TOAA's power, is above it as far as as any of us knows. That is a terrible analogy. The LT according to you has never been changed, and If This weret he classic Days, he wouldn't be second to the supreme being. And yet he would still be powerful enough to defeat the IG. The classic Molecule man, would be mroe pwoerful than the LT according to you, but would be third on the ladder since he would be under the beyonder who is under TOAA. Anyone and anything with better feats and more displays of power can defeat the Ig.

fangirl101
The Ultimator
Mr. Mxy
Cosmic Extant
The Wish Machine User
Mandrakk
Classic Anti-Monitor
The Spectre
The Word
Lucifer
Michael
The Source
And others I'm forgetting can all stalemate or defeat the Ig user.

Mr Master
Originally posted by fangirl101

That is a terrible analogy.
Cause you say so? laughing out loud

The LT according to you has never been changed
Correct.

and If This weret he classic Days,
he wouldn't be second to the supreme being.
And yet he would still be powerful enough to defeat the IG.
The classic Molecule man,
would be mroe pwoerful than the LT according to you,
but would be third on the ladder since he would be under the beyonder who is under TOAA.
Now this analogy is truly terrible,
since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with retconned characters,
or Marvel's food chain during that pre-retcon era.

Anyone and anything with better feats and more displays of power can defeat the Ig.
In Marvel comics,
only the representation of TOAA's power can defeat a pis free IG wielder.

You got a problem with that, email Marvel.

fangirl101
Cause you say so? laughing out loud

Correct.

Now this analogy is truly terrible,
since this thread has absolutely nothing to do with retconned characters,
or Marvel's food chain during that pre-retcon era.

In Marvel comics,
only the representation of TOAA's power can defeat a pis free IG wielder.

You got a problem with that, email Marvel. Nah. Since Marvel has NEVER stated that load of crap. That is some serious fan boy created oscar meyer right there. Show me one panel where is specifically states what you are saying. Not some crappy round about I think there for it is load. just a plain statement that no one but God's power can defeat the Ig.

Mr Master

Nah.

Since Marvel has NEVER stated that load of crap.
Same ol, same ol, ... posting with ignorance as your back-up.

First proof the IG makes one God over all reality ... absolute omnipotence!

..........................................................................................

Marvel.com states the Infinity Gauntlet grants:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Infinity_Gauntlet_%28item%29

Powers: "Absolute Omnipotence when the Gems are used altogether"

========================

*** On Panel proof ***

========================

Thanos became "God" beneath the LT according to Marvel comics:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1825/igmakesyougod7zf.th.jpg

Thanos, ... "In-effect became God"

..........................................................................................

Warlock became "God" beneath the LT according to Marvel comics:

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/4705/igmakesyougod23un.th.jpg

Warlock, ... "was mentally unfit to be God"

Soul Gem states:

That the IG is Omnipotence ... and makes the wielder All there is:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5749/igisgod7bm0.th.jpg

"I am one of Six which were once One ...
we were Omnipotence and All there was"

The Living Tribunal certifies this claim:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1970/igisgod2dn4.th.jpg

"Warlock chose him while in a state of Omnipotence,
AND,
it can NOT be denied"

========================

*** Jim Starlin interview ***

========================

Jim Starlin

(the writer/creator of the Infinity Gauntlet)

gets interviewed by Marvel Age.

Marvel Age is a Marvel title specifically designed to get the intricate details
to stories from the Writers themselves.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7315/igmakegod1bz0.th.jpg

"The Infinity Gauntlet,
a story that dealt with the idea of a nihilist (Thanos) becoming God"

Jim Starlin himself adds:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9950/igmakegod2zt8.th.jpg

"I've done the good side of God and the bad side of God,
I've gone as far as I can with the Infinity Gauntlet"

That is some serious fan boy created oscar meyer right there.
Gibberish

Mr Master

Show me one panel where is specifically states what you are saying.

just a plain statement that no one but God's power can defeat the Ig.
Not God's power, the IG makes one God!

TOAA's power, the representative avatar who can be referred to as "God,"
but instead is actually & literally above he who is God withIN the Marvelverse stories.

WithIN the Marvelverse stories, only a few characters have achieved this status,
but TOAA/God is above them all,
and while representing his power, so is the LT.

When the LT nullified IG/Warlock's attack, LT told Warlock why he was able to do this:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/742918_w6jk3.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/742919_w7xt1.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7993/ltisaboveig5ez.th.jpg

Correct, because the LT is acting as a direct representative of TOAA's power.

Here IG/Warlock himself while omnipotent
tells us that LT was representing one who is above GOD! (himself)

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/7757/ltorderswl0iy.th.jpg

fangirl101
Same ol, same ol, ... posting with ignorance as your back-up.

First proof the IG makes one God over all reality ... absolute omnipotence!

Marvel.com states the Infinity Gauntlet grants:

========================

On Panel proof:

========================

Thanos became "God" beneath the LT according to Marvel comics:

Warlock became "God" beneath the LT according to Marvel comics:

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/4705/igmakesyougod23un.th.jpg

Warlock, ... "was mentally unfit to be God"

Soul Gem states:

That the IG is Omnipotence ... and makes the wielder All there is:

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5749/igisgod7bm0.th.jpg

"I am one of Six which were once One ...
we were Omnipotence and All there was"

The Living Tribunal certifies this claim:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/1970/igisgod2dn4.th.jpg

"Warlock chose him while in a state of Omnipotence,
AND,
it can NOT be denied"

========================

Jim Starlin interview:

========================

Jim Starlin

(the writer/creator of the Infinity Gauntlet)

gets interviewed by Marvel Age.

Marvel Age is a Marvel title specifically designed to get the intricate details
to stories from the Writers themselves.

"The Infinity Gauntlet,

Gibberish A bunch of hooey. God beneath LT. LMAO. NO where stated. And there is no statement by marvel that Only TOAA"s power can defeat the IG. That will be all. You've shown that you cannot back up what you stated marvel has stated. In fact, they have not stated such.

Mr Master

A bunch of hooey. God beneath LT. LMAO. NO where stated.
I see,
so basically you're not only ignorant concerning the IG & Marvel for that matter,
but you'll exude obtuseness to rub your intransigent mind.

Nice.

And there is no statement by marvel that Only TOAA"s power can defeat the IG.

That will be all.

Fact:

On Panel the IG made Thanos & Warlock God!

On Panel only the LT was depicted as being above the IG.

On Panel both the LT & IG wielding Warlock stated
that the LT represents "Forces/One" who is above God.

Marvel.com (IG bio) also states that the IG grants "absolute omnipotence

Jim Starlin himself states (Marvel Age interview) that the IG was a story about becoming God!

--- so, it doesn't take a genius to surmise ... IG makes one God beneath the LT.

And only because the LT was representing TOAA's power.

thankyou

You've shown that you cannot back up what you stated marvel has stated. In fact, they have not stated such.
durlaugh

fangirl101
I see,
so basically you're not only ignorant concerning the IG & Marvel for that matter,
but you'll exude obtuseness to rub your intransigent mind.

Nice.

Fact:

Marvel.com also state that the IG grants "absolute omnipotence

Jim Starlin himself states that the IG was a story about becoming God!

--- so, it doesn't take a genius to surmise ... IG makes one God beneath the LT.

thankyou

durlaugh
First let's get some things str8. You said that marvel states that only someone empowered by TOAA can defeat the IG. False Hood. marvel never states that and no where did I read that.

Jim Starlin can state what ever he likes. But in the end, Thanos never became God because he became even more powerful later on in another story.

There are many levels of power between the IG and the heart. And more power even abovet he heart. Status has nothing to do with beating an Ig wielder. One only has to have better feats and more power to defeat it. Your analogy fails to change my mind. I haven't seen one thing from marvel that backs up what you want to be.

Mr Master
^^ thumb down .. no point in continuing this as you will only return with more intransigence.

Fact:

Marvel.com (IG bio) also states that the IG grants "absolute omnipotence

Jim Starlin himself states (Marvel Age interview) that the IG was a story about becoming God!

swank

Mr Master

First let's get some things str8. You said that marvel states that only someone empowered by TOAA can defeat the IG. False Hood. marvel never states that and no where did I read that.
I see, so the IG making its wielders God on panel,
and Jim Starlin stating it makes the wielder God in an interview,
and the IG being below the LT who was literally representing the power of TOAA on panel,
doesn't tell us that only the representative power of TOAA is above the IG?

"falsehood" huh ... durznuts

Jim Starlin can state what ever he likes.
But in the end,
Thanos never became God
because he became even more powerful later on in another story.
no expression

Right, Thanos became "he who is above Gods" (TOAA)

There are many levels of power between the IG and the heart.

And more power even abovet he heart.
This is true falsehood.

Present day Hierarchy goes like this:

TOAA (representational avatars of the writers/artists)
THOTI (what TOAA's power would be withIN the Omniverse/IN-Story confinement)
LT (representative of TOAA)
IG (God)

Status has nothing to do with beating an Ig wielder. One only has to have better feats and more power to defeat it. Your analogy fails to change my mind. I haven't seen one thing from marvel that backs up what you want to be.
The circle continues.

fangirl101
Until you can show me scans stating exactly what you first stated, There is no need to post any longer.

Mr Master

Until you can show me scans stating exactly what you first stated,

There is no need to post any longer.

On Panel: (IG makes the wielder GOD!)

Jim Starlin himself confirms this:

On Panel: (LT represents forces that dwarf God)

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7993/ltisaboveig5ez.th.jpg

Seriously either you're bating me or it's the same ol ... firefirefireph

Batman-Prime
To be fair, one has to admit that the term God is freely given throughout comic history. Hyperbole is another part of an flawed system that can't work. I think it's pointless to discuss finer details of cosmic powers because comic are incosistent due to the fact that the people writing them change.

TricksterPriest
Anybody with better feats can beat the IG. End of story. Mr. M: do you have ANY idea how many times the word "GOD" is used to describe someone's power?

That is by far the worst defense you can come up with. It gives you vast power, it does not make you GOD. HOTU was the closest thing to that. thumb down

There are plenty of people who can beat the IG, whether you recoqnize it or not.

KuRuPT Thanosi
So, defeating eternity and others in the abstract chain doesn't seem to apply that term was correct?

TricksterPriest
God-like power, sure. But GOD? Most of the people posted for the dirty dozen have been called god, or god-like or infinite, etc. erm

Mekrob
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
God-like power, sure. But GOD? Most of the people posted for the dirty dozen have been called god, or god-like or infinite, etc. erm Stop hating.

The IG makes you God, but the type of God who was inferior to the HOTU, and LT. But he was only below LT because if you twist it enough, God (not IG) was giving power to LT. God gave LT enough power to be above God. Which answers the age old question, can God make an LT more powerful than himself.

---

Also Mr M, I have a question.
I thought the IG was basically the Supreme Being?

So, how can LT possibly represent forces that dwarf his might if he represents the Supreme Being?

And how can he represent forces that dwarf his might if the IG is God?

Galan007
No reason to list 12 characters, when someone like Mxy would be enough.

Southern_Rebel

And only the LT,
while directly representing TOAA's power, is above it as far as as any of us knows.

In your heirarchy...you have full potential Meggan and 616 MJJ above the IG....did you change your mind?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
No reason to list 12 characters, when someone like Mxy would be enough. Mxy wouldn't be enough to defeat the ig imo. I have far, far less defeat Mxy than the ig.Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Anybody with better feats can beat the IG. End of story. Mr. M: do you have ANY idea how many times the word "GOD" is used to describe someone's power?

That is by far the worst defense you can come up with. It gives you vast power, it does not make you GOD. HOTU was the closest thing to that. thumb down

There are plenty of people who can beat the IG, whether you recoqnize it or not. Things in comics change but the ig definitely made you able to do anything save defeat the Lt which is still arguable to some anyways.

Merlyn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mxy wouldn't be enough to defeat the ig imo. I have far, far less defeat Mxy than the ig.

Things in comics change but the ig definitely made you able to do anything save defeat the Lt which is still arguable to some anyways. laughing out loud im sure you'd bring up some kind of crappy pis moments, so lulz @ you. mxys destryoed all of dc and remade it with a flick, he's owned spectre on more than one occasion, etc, etc.... but yeah i too agree that mxy would be enough. better feats imo.

Badabing
Tjcoady and Nestical, you're both on thin ice. If there's any more trouble from either of you it will result in a warning.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn
laughing out loud im sure you'd bring up some kind of crappy pis moments, so lulz @ you. mxys destryoed all of dc and remade it with a flick, he's owned spectre on more than one occasion, etc, etc.... but yeah i too agree that mxy would be enough. better feats imo. So we ignore Annataz and Gog why? Hasn't the spectre also easily depowered him?

Why can't the ig easily do so if the dov spectre can and has?

This isn't mxy from one arc by the way.

kgkg
Lt which is still arguable to some anyways. What are the arguments?

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
What are the arguments? Some think that the ig could have stood its ground against the Lt had they had it out.

occultdestroyer
OH MY ****ING GOD YOU'VE FOUND A ****ING VIDEO THAT DISPLAYS SOME IMAGE OF VIOLENCE!!!!!

HOW DID YOU KNOW MY ONLY ****ING WEAKNESS???

You idiot. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I have to say.
no expression

In case you didn't notice, I was backing you up dude.

Nevertheless, **** you for calling me an idiot.

Mindset

Nevertheless, **** you for calling me an idiot.

kiss you?

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Mindset
kiss you?
STFU, sock

Mindset
You quoted the wrong post.

Here you go:
Originally posted by Badabing
Tjcoady and Nestical, you're both on thin ice. If there's any more trouble from either of you it will result in a warning.

Mekrob
Why are you guys on thin ice while operating electronics?

occultdestroyer
You quoted the wrong post.

WTF are you on about?

I was quoting about the pic I posted regarding UKR's post and tjcoady OWN'd him on page 1.

Lay off the LSD for once, sock.

Mindset
WTF are you on about?

I was quoting about the pic I posted regarding UKR's post and tjcoady OWN'd him on page 1.

Lay off the LSD for once, sock. I guess you weren't smart enough to understand the joke.

occultdestroyer
I guess you weren't smart enough to understand the joke.
I don't take jokes from socks. Especially from you.

So STFU.

Mindset
facepalm

occultdestroyer
facepalm
G-SUS loves you

Mekrob
Cool.

Temp ban

Mindset start up too!

Mr Master

Anybody with better feats can beat the IG. End of story. Mr. M:
Better feats?

(IG) Thanos & Warlock became supreme beings over Reality,
what more do you want?

You can't simply say, better feats = > IG,
when we know Thanos only wanted to own the hierarchy & replace Eternity,
and Warlock didn't want anything.

As for better feats:

4 Gems (power/soul/mind/space) nearly collapsed the Omniverse,
after they were creating UniverseS back to back & stacking them.

do you have ANY idea how many times the word "GOD" is used to describe someone's power?
In Marvel comics?

Only 5 characters have become God on the level of the IG.

But I'll submit, other than THOTI which is above,
I'm not sure any of those others are even truly equal to the IG,
but I do know non of them surpass the IG.

That is by far the worst defense you can come up with.
smile

It gives you vast power, it does not make you GOD.

HOTU was the closest thing to that.
I see, so in that case,
*** email Marvel.com & complain ***

*** Also email Marvel headquaters and complain ***

*** Also email Jim Starlin (writer/creator of the IG series) and complain ***

"The Infinity Gauntlet,

+++ HOTI was above God, since the HOTI was TOAA's power. +++

There are plenty of people who can beat the IG,
whether you recoqnize it or not.
In Marvel comics?

ONLY the TOAA's representative power is definitely above the IG,
whether you recognize that or not.

Mr Master
Originally posted by Mekrob

Also Mr M, I have a question.

I thought the IG was basically the Supreme Being?
That's correct true debator.

So, how can LT possibly represent forces
that dwarf his might if he represents the Supreme Being?
Well the IG doesn't represent the Supreme Being as in TOAA,
IG represents the Supreme Being created for Omniversal reality,
and it was TOAA that created the Omniverse and its "Supreme Being"
on a piece of paper with a pencil.

So any Supreme Being power is not just below,
but completely insignificant to TOAA,
since it's TOAA themselves that create Supremacy with the stroke of a pencil.

LT,
just happens to be TOAA's voice (representative power)
concerning the in-story omniverse. (Marvelverse)

The true Supreme Being is TOAA,
the IG's and even THOTI's Supreme Being status,
is nothing but an allowance by TOAA, but let's not mistake ourselves,
the THOTI and even the IG DID in fact make its wielders God/Supreme over the Marvelverse,
at different levels obviously but still Supreme.

LT is outside this notion of "Supremacy,"
since the LT operates with strict protocol, and carries out the wishes of TOAA.

And how can he represent forces that dwarf his might if the IG is God?
Because those forces (TOAA's power) are above God:

Mekrob
I'm sorry, but I laffed heartily.

So, there's no point in calling the IG God when it obviously isn't, when in your own words God... or TOAA created the Supreme Being? It's a title with no power significance. Can we just start saying that he's above everyone minus LT, instead of adding titles to him? Otherwise, we have people like Sise-Neg, Jaspers, GG, etc all being God, and making the title of God mean nothing except something to argue about.

And what's the difference between God and TOAA, since you don't want to call him God? I mean, iirc, even Jack Kirby called himself God (since you addressed that with your pencil statement), and the God who revealed himself to Spider-Man, called himself God. Same guy, no?

As well as the last panel not meaning much since it only addresses the people who call themselves Gods, not God... s themselves (unless there's a bunch of creators of the 'omniverse' running around, being all biblical).

Also curiosity stikes:
Was your explanation ever stated in Marvel canon?

As well as, what level of God was Norman Osborn on?

fangirl101
Master ur defense of the ig is a joke. How can it be absolutely omnipotent when strange briefly stalemated it and the lt is above it. Amd the lt isn't wven absolutley omnipotent.just stop urself. U don't wanna look look like a rabid fanboy do you?

Philosophía
Lulz.

Just .. lulz.

Bentley
I don't see the problem with the defense of the IG. I mean, if the IG is the power of god to control the omniverse, is still not the whole power of god.

The LT itself is above the omniverse, so the power of god to control the omniverse would be beneath him. In the same way TOAA and THOTU would be above the IG too. From inside the omniverse however, it would be about the same thing.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't see the problem with the defense of the IG. I mean, if the IG is the power of god to control the omniverse, is still not the whole power of god.

The LT itself is above the omniverse, so the power of god to control the omniverse would be beneath him. In the same way TOAA and THOTU would be above the IG too. From inside the omniverse however, it would be about the same thing. lulz. Now be a dear and show me a scan of tge ig not the gems controllong or destroying or making the onmiverse. Not omni reality or any of that crap. The omniverse.

Batman-Prime
One Questione, when the IG first appeared, was the Marvel Multiverse an omniverse? I mean whas an comic beofre the one with the IG where the Marvel-U was named Omniverse?

Galan007
This isn't mxy from one arc by the way. Mxy has destroyed the whole of DC's creation, and owned Spectre, on more than one occasion. You choosing to ignore those instances isn't really a concern of mine..

Ohh and before you even start, I have already addressed what you call Mxy's 'low showings' in other threads. Thoroughly. That said, there is no reason for me to go into them here.

Anyhow, I will respectfully ignore any further posts from you, regarding this topic. smile

As well as, what level of God was Norman Osborn on? 'Level of God'

crylaugh0

quanchi112
Master ur defense of the ig is a joke. How can it be absolutely omnipotent when strange briefly stalemated it and the lt is above it. Amd the lt isn't wven absolutley omnipotent.just stop urself. U don't wanna look look like a rabid fanboy do you? So by putting up scans, bios, writer interviews that is a joke? I thought it was evidence while you try as hard as you can to discredit it with nothing but your words.

quanchi112
Mxy has destroyed the whole of DC's creation, and owned Spectre, on more than one occasion. You choosing to ignore those instances isn't really a concern of mine..

Ohh and before you even start, I have already addressed what you call Mxy's 'low showings' in other threads. Thoroughly. That said, there is no reason for me to go into them here.

Anyhow, I will respectfully ignore any further posts from you, regarding this topic. smile

'Level of God'

crylaugh0 By owning the spectre do you mean placing in a cage? What other times has he owned the spectre? When the spectre came for him in dov who got owned?

Mxy has more than a few showings is my point. You can try to forget about him being defeated by far less than the ig to sell this argument if you want to.

The ig easily defeated all of the abstracts assembled to stop it like nothing. Show me a comparable battle feat of Mxy's to compare to this.

Galan007
By owning the spectre do you mean placing in a cage? What other times has he owned the spectre? EJ actually replaced the Spectre before imprisoning him in a birdcage. That is ownage to the nth degree.

Also, Mxy owned Spectre several times during WF.

When the spectre came for him in dov who got owned? laughing out loud

1.) Spectre never 'came for Mxy' during DoV.

2.) Mxy wasn't fully depowered. Hell, all he had to do was return to the 5th-d, and *poof* he was back at full power.

Show me a comparable battle feat of Mxy's to compare to this. See Emperor Joker, and/or World's Funnest.

quanchi112
EJ actually replaced the Spectre before imprisoning him in a birdcage. That is ownage to the nth degree.

laughing out loud

2.) Mxy wasn't fully depowered. Hell, all he had to do was return to the 5th-d, and *poof* he was back at full power.

See Emperor Joker, and/or World's Funnest. I seem to remember though had the spectre left the cage that he would have wrecked reality. In a forum battle he wouldn't have that to worry about.

How did Mxy own the Spectre?

Mxy owning the Spectre only proves the ig could easily do that as well by the way. Ig can do whatever the ig user wishes it to do.

1. Spectre rendered mxy irrelevant and the point is if he leaves for the fifth dimension he loses the matchup. Prime snatched him up from the fifth dimension and with Anntaz's help depowered him and sapped his will.

You know the ig can do this with but a thought. You cannot however do this to an ig user.

fangirl101
EJ actually replaced the Spectre before imprisoning him in a birdcage. That is ownage to the nth degree.

laughing out loud

See Emperor Joker, and/or World's Funnest. Y do you bother?

Galan007
How did Mxy own the Spectre?By owning him? A number of ways?

Mxy owning the Spectre only proves the ig could easily do that as well by the way. Ig can do whatever the ig user wishes it to do.

1. Spectre rendered mxy irrelevant and the point is if he leaves for the fifth dimension he loses the matchup. Prime snatched him up from the fifth dimension and with Anntaz's help depowered him and sapped his will.

You know the ig can do this with but a thought. You cannot however do this to an ig user. facepalm

Bentley
lulz. Now be a dear and show me a scan of tge ig not the gems controllong or destroying or making the onmiverse. Not omni reality or any of that crap. The omniverse.

Why did you put that "not the gems" clause there? Do you think that the Guantlet is weaker than the gems? Do you understand how it works?

Galan007
Y do you bother? Because I'm an idiot. sad

quanchi112
By owning him? A number of ways?

facepalm Throw that up because it is the truth.

The Spectre can't do what the ig can and Mxy can be depowered by Annataz and Prime. Had Annataz not turned on Prime Mxy might not have escaped the way he did.

So in closing, the ig can sap his will and take away his magic with but a thought.

Galan007
facepalm

quanchi112
Put it up as many times as you want. The fact remains that the Spectre isn't as powerful or as versatile as the ig. Mxy can and has had his will sapped by a sorceress and Prime snatching him out of his very dimension. Ig takes Mxy easily.

Bentley
Are people comparing an average Spectre with the IG?

Myx's universe erasing feat is much better than that.

quanchi112
Are people comparing an average Spectre with the IG?

Myx's universe erasing feat is much better than that. Do you think Mxy could erase Thanos with the ig?

occultdestroyer
The IG is nothing but a freakin toy to Mxy.

Some of you (Quan) seems to be forgetting that Mxy can do anything he wants if he really wanted to.
Unfortunately, he sees Supes and the earth (and even the world outside of comicverse) as his plaything. He never was considered a real threat to the DCU (unless we count EJ feats)

Bentley
Do you think Mxy could erase Thanos with the ig?

No idea. Myx's powers float out there, he has been depowered, but he has erased universes at a whim. MJJ made his universe inmune to nullification, but we have no idea if Thanos would be able to do that.

quanchi112
The IG is nothing but a freakin toy to Mxy.

Some of you (Quan) seems to be forgetting that Mxy can do anything he wants if he really wanted to.
Unfortunately, he sees Supes and the earth as his plaything. He never was considered a real threat to the DCU (unless we count EJ feats) What?

The ig can do anything it wants to as well, but can't be depowered like Mxy can or outright killed like Mxy can. By killed I mean returned to the 5th dimension which for the purposes of this thread means he loses.

Bentley
Mxy can do anything he wants if he really wanted to.

This is the kind of comment I find pretty useless in a discussion.

quanchi112
No idea. Myx's powers float out there, he has been depowered, but he has erased universes at a whim. MJJ made his universe inmune to nullification, but we have no idea if Thanos would be able to do that. Lt said that if he wanted to defeat the ig that it would lay waste to reality. Nothing in comics imo says Mxy is more powerful than the ig let alone the Lt.

Thanos defeated Eternity, etc. and was practically unbeatable. Lt was the only being in marvel who could do it.

Bentley
In a forum battle, the IG would be likely able to kill Myx. He has been scared before.

Galan007
Lt said that if he wanted to defeat the ig that it would lay waste to reality. Mxy's already laid waste to all reality. What's your point?

quanchi112
Mxy's already laid waste to all reality. What's your point? Universe by universe he did. Not one battle laying waste to the whole thing. I thought you were done replying to me anyways.

Mxy has been defeated before without even a planet exploding.

Galan007
Universe by universe he did. He was chasing Bat-Mite through various realities - that's why he started out destroying them one by one. However, at the end (when they were in the KC universe,) Mxy unleashed one final attack which destroyed the rest of DC's creation.

I thought you were done replying to me anyways. I don't know what's wrong with me.

quanchi112
He was chasing Bat-Mite through various realities - that's why he started out destroying them one by one. However, at the end (when they were in the KC universe,) Mxy unleashed one final attack which destroyed the rest of DC's creation.

I don't know what's wrong with me. Yes, so in one battle he didn't destroy all of reality he destroyed what was left after destroying universe after universe.

The point is the ig can depower Mxy easily. Mxy cannot depower the ig.

Galan007
Yes, so in one battle he didn't destroy all of reality he destroyed what was left after destroying universe after universe. We saw Mxy destroy what? 20 or so realities, one by one? Yeah, the final blast destroyed the rest of DC's creation (which = infinite amount of realities.) Subtract 20 or so, from infinity. What do you get? Because that's what Mxy's blast destroyed.

Ohh yeah, and he also recreated it all with a snap.

Batman-Prime

The point is the ig can depower Mxy easily. Mxy cannot depower the ig.

Claims, prove that Mxy cannot depower the ig. I NEVER ever read anything like "Not even Mxy cannot depower the ig"

Bentley
Claims, prove that Mxy cannot depower the ig. I NEVER ever read anything like "Not even Mxy cannot depower the ig"

Myx has been depowered before by Annataz. I guess that's the reason of assuming the IG, stated as omnipotent, could do the same.

Batman-Prime
Myx has been depowered before by Annataz. I guess that's the reason of assuming the IG, stated as omnipotent, could do the same.

You mean Annataz > ig.

OK

Bentley
You mean Annataz > ig.

OK

I don't think you understand what I meant confused

fangirl101
Retarded logic. Sbp is immune to magic. He's the one who grabbed mxy. And thru prep annataz sapped mxys will. In a forum fight he wouldn't be facing someone immune to direct attcks and mxy also wouldn't be caught off gaurd. I guess we all forget that mxys power r different at home too. We don't know exactly how his powers work there. Where he was abducted.

Bentley
Retarded logic. Sbp is immune to magic. He's the one who grabbed mxy. And thru prep annataz sapped mxys will. In a forum fight he wouldn't be facing someone immune to direct attcks and mxy also wouldn't be caught off gaurd. I guess we all forget that mxys power r different at home too. We don't know exactly how his powers work there. Where he was abducted.

So according to you, the Spectre who is a magical being would fail to faze SBP?

Myx has no feats on his own home eek!

fangirl101
So according to you, the Spectre who is a magical being would fail to faze SBP?

Myx has no feats on his own home eek!
Spectre is not a magical being only. He's also Cosmic and Supernatural. The attempt has not worked. Mxy survived a blast from the 10th dimension where all others where destroyed. But We didn't see much in the way of power from him until he left said dimension.

Bentley
Spectre is not a magical being only. He's also Cosmic and Supernatural. The attempt has not worked. Mxy survived a blast from the 10th dimension where all others where destroyed. But We didn't see much in the way of power from him until he left said dimension.

Is SBP truly and absolutely invulnerable against magic?

Not that it matters really, since Thanos can wish himself invulnerable too with his omnipotence.

fangirl101
Is SBP truly and absolutely invulnerable against magic?

Not that it matters really, since Thanos can wish himself invulnerable too with his omnipotence.
The difference is, Mxy still could have turn SBP inside out if he felt up to it. His will had been sapped. Being invulnerable to magic wouldn't have stopped mxy from turning the entire universe into a red sun. Come on with some logic please. smile

Nihilist
has sbp displayed any immunity to any actual spell casting,not ba lighting or mordu's sparkler/light show effect?

Bentley
You are the one who casually mentioned that Prime was inmune to magic. Maybe now you will say that Thanos won't be able to replicate what Annataz did with much much much power in his side.

Nihilist
You are the one who casually mentioned that Prime was inmune to magic. Maybe now you will say that Thanos won't be able to replicate what Annataz did with much much much power in his side. magus was able to effect thanos will with a incomplete ig,so i dont see why thanos couldnt with a full ig.

fangirl101
You are the one who casually mentioned that Prime was inmune to magic. Maybe now you will say that Thanos won't be able to replicate what Annataz did with much much much power in his side. He is. And he also had prep. we don't really know what it took for Anny to sap mxy's will. And we do know that Prime knew he wasn't going to take mxy on without some prep and catching him in his home dimension.

quanchi112
We saw Mxy destroy what? 20 or so realities, one by one? Yeah, the final blast destroyed the rest of DC's creation (which = infinite amount of realities.) Subtract 20 or so, from infinity. What do you get? Because that's what Mxy's blast destroyed.

Ohh yeah, and he also recreated it all with a snap. Did it say he destroyed an infinite amount of realities?

What does it matter anyways since the ig can sap his will and take away his magic.

quanchi112
Claims, prove that Mxy cannot depower the ig. I NEVER ever read anything like "Not even Mxy cannot depower the ig" Mxy has been depowered by far less than the ig on panel while nothing short of the ig user allowing Lt to depower the gems has worked.Originally posted by Batman-Prime
You mean Annataz > ig.

OK What?

quanchi112
Retarded logic. Sbp is immune to magic. He's the one who grabbed mxy. And thru prep annataz sapped mxys will. In a forum fight he wouldn't be facing someone immune to direct attcks and mxy also wouldn't be caught off gaurd. I guess we all forget that mxys power r different at home too. We don't know exactly how his powers work there. Where he was abducted. So you think in a forum battle Prime defeats Mxy. Don;t be absurd.Originally posted by Nihilist
has sbp displayed any immunity to any actual spell casting,not ba lighting or mordu's sparkler/light show effect? No, he has laughed off BA's punches and a Mordru blast.

Bentley
He is. And he also had prep. we don't really know what it took for Anny to sap mxy's will. And we do know that Prime knew he wasn't going to take mxy on without some prep and catching him in his home dimension.

So do you think that any amount of prep from Prime is going to beat the IG?

Galan007
Did it say he destroyed an infinite amount of realities? Yep.

quanchi112
Yep. Scan?

Galan007
Scan? "No more Infinite Earth's."
"No more alternative UniverseS."
"No more Pasts. No more Futures."
"No more Superdopes."
"No more anything."

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_wf24.jpg

quanchi112
"No more Infinite Earth's."
"No more alternative UniverseS."
"No more Pasts. No more Futures."
"No more Superdopes."
"No more anything."

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_wf24.jpg This looks like a looney tunes cartoon not a comic to be taken seriously. Is it canon?

Galan007
This looks like a looney tunes cartoon not a comic to be taken seriously. Is it canon? Even if you try and discredit hypertime making it canon, Mxy/Bat-Mite visited the DCU immediately following the events of COIE... And there was only one COIE. There is no debating that.

As for the art, it changed with every reality they visited. In some realities they looked very cartoony - in other realities they looked Alex Ross good.

quanchi112
Even if you try and discredit hypertime making it canon, Mxy/Bat-Mite visited the DCU immediately following the events of COIE... And there was only one COIE. There is no debating that.

As for the art, it changed with every reality they visited. In some realities they looked very cartoony - in other realities they looked Alex Ross good. It doesn't look to be taken seriously though. Anywho, I don't see Mxy as anywhere near as powerful as the Lt so I don't see Mxy defeating Thanos here. He destroyed all of reality but not batMite. The ig can depower Mxy whenever Thanos wants it to based on Mxy's other appearances.

Galan007
It doesn't look to be taken seriously though. Looks are inconsequential.

Anywho, I don't see Mxy as anywhere near as powerful as the Lt so I don't see Mxy defeating Thanos here. I could throw out 11 more characters, as the thread starter originally intended. However, I just don't see the need to.

He destroyed all of reality but not batMite. Bat-Mite is part of Mxy's own power. Of course he wasn't destroyed.

TricksterPriest
I'm kinda with Fangirl here. Why are you wasting your time? He's practically welded to Thanos's nuts. He'll never hear a word against his savior. thanduros

Galan007
Boredom, I guess. eatermm

quanchi112
Looks are inconsequential.

I could throw out 11 more characters, as the thread starter originally intended. However, I just don't see the need to.

Bat-Mite is part of Mxy's own power. Of course he wasn't destroyed. The point is he couldn't even defeat someone weaker than an ig user with all this reality wasting so I can't even fathom how yu are trying to say it defeats the ig?

How does Mxy resist having his will sapped by the ig and his magic taken?

Batman-Prime
The point is he couldn't even defeat someone weaker than an ig user with all this reality wasting so I can't even fathom how yu are trying to say it defeats the ig?

How does Mxy resist having his will sapped by the ig and his magic taken?

In forum fights we take Mxy by his average and best showings, not one low showing, and his best >>> Ig. It's simple as that. The ig wouldn't be able to sap his will, he would be prepared, it wouldn't be a sneak attack alla SBP punching into the 5D and grabbing him.

It's simple as that, Thanos with IG loses smile1

quanchi112
In forum fights we take Mxy by his average and best showings, not one low showing, and his best >>> Ig. It's simple as that. The ig wouldn't be able to sap his will, he would be prepared, it wouldn't be a sneak attack alla SBP punching into the 5D and grabbing him.

It's simple as that, Thanos with IG loses smile1 He can still be blasted into death by the ig. What can mxy even do to Thanos here?

Bentley

It's simple as that, Thanos with IG loses smile1

He would be prepared? Has Myx ever fought or took anyone seriously? CIS is still on.

Batman-Prime
He can still be blasted into death by the ig. What can mxy even do to Thanos here?

Take away the Ig and kick his butt till Thanos cries? He wouldn't kill Thanos, he is way to funny for that. He could turn the IG into Boxing Gloves and Thanos into a clown, and let him Box a nude Death. One can never know, toons are kind of crazy, 5d imps too wink

Batman-Prime
He would be prepared? Has Myx ever fought or took anyone seriously? CIS is still on.

The difference is that he would see Thanos and knwo what he is up to, he would sense the power behind the IG, so yes, this is enough prep to "play" more funny wink

Bentley
Myx has been depowered by the Spectre and driven off by Magog's staff, he didn't die but here it would still be a loss. He has been unable to beat the Ultimator -who admittedly is uber and cannot be destroyed, but it proves that Myx has limitations-. All in all, the character has not just one low showing and by average, he has been put in trouble too by lesser threats.

Mekrob
The point is he couldn't even defeat someone weaker than an ig user with all this reality wasting so I can't even fathom how yu are trying to say it defeats the ig?

How does Mxy resist having his will sapped by the ig and his magic taken? I like how you find what you perceive to be a flaw, and then change your argument to base around that... because that was certainly not 'The point' a post or two before you saw the scan.

Noice.

---

Also, in that story, Batmite was perceived to be equal to Mxy. And Mxy only wanted to destroy the universes...

And off the top of my head I can't remember, but when has Thanos ever stolen someone's power with the IG? Especially on the level of Mxy...

Wait, I did something terribly wrong, and dumb. sad

quanchi112
Take away the Ig and kick his butt till Thanos cries? He wouldn't kill Thanos, he is way to funny for that. He could turn the IG into Boxing Gloves and Thanos into a clown, and let him Box a nude Death. One can never know, toons are kind of crazy, 5d imps too wink So Mxy can do this while the Lt can't?

quanchi112
I like how you find what you perceive to be a flaw, and then change your argument to base around that... because that was certainly not 'The point' a post or two before you saw the scan.

Noice.

---

Also, in that story, Batmite was perceived to be equal to Mxy. And Mxy only wanted to destroy the universes...

And off the top of my head I can't remember, but when has Thanos ever stolen someone's power with the IG? Especially on the level of Mxy...

Wait, I did something terribly wrong, and dumb. sad My argument has always been the same. The ig can depower Mxy, sap his will, and take away his magic, or blast him to death. This has all happened to Mxy by far less than the ig.

When did I say he would steal his power?

Mekrob
My argument has always been the same. The ig can depower Mxy, sap his will, and take away his magic, or blast him to death. This has all happened to Mxy by far less than the ig.

When did I say he would steal his power? Uh... huh...

Do you really need the exact words written out so you can understand it?

When has Thanos depowered someone on the level of Mxy?

Stolen is taking something without asking btw. Which is what Thanos would be doing to Mxy's pow... you know what, nevermind. Even the simplest things turn into a headache with you.

quanchi112
Uh... huh...

Do you really need the exact words written out so you can understand it?

When has Thanos depowered someone on the level of Mxy?

Stolen is taking something without asking btw. Which is what Thanos would be doing to Mxy's pow... you know what, nevermind. Even the simplest things turn into a headache with you. Do you realize that the ig can do? If you do then why would you question it when Annataz can accomplish it?

Do you think the Spectre is mightier than Thanos with the ig? Is Gog more powerful than Thanos with the ig?

I am at a loss for words right now with your response.

Mekrob
Do you realize that the ig can do? If you do then why would you question it when Annataz can accomplish it?

Do you think the Spectre is mightier than Thanos with the ig? Is Gog more powerful than Thanos with the ig?

I am at a loss for words right now with your response. Quan. Thanks for not understanding what I was saying. thumb up

You do realize CIS is in effect, and it's not in character for Thanos to depower a being of Mxy's level... or anyone really...

Nihilist
i think the point about affecting mxy's will stands.if a alt zatanna can do it,and magus has effected/bent someone's will with a incomplete ig.

quanchi112
Quan. Thanks for not understanding what I was saying. thumb up

You do realize CIS is in effect, and it's not in character for Thanos to depower a being of Mxy's level... or anyone really... He'll imprison him then.

Galan007
Has Myx ever fought or took anyone seriously? When he wants to, yes. *recollects the Mxy twins*

He has been unable to beat the Ultimator -who admittedly is uber and cannot be destroyed, but it proves that Myx has limitations 1.) Ultimator = the sum total of ALL creation, more or less. Not being able to outright own something like that certainly isn't a low showing by any stretch of the word.

2.) One of Mxy's creations was ultimately responsible for subduing/beating Ultimator. So he did beat her, in a manner of speaking.

He'll imprison him then. In what, exactly?

Bentley
Multi-Eternity is the sum of all creation. The IG has the potential to destroy it.

Galan007
Multi-Eternity is the sum of all creation. The IG has the potential to destroy it. Thanos only took over a universe with the IG. Nothing more. Not gonna credit him with something he never came close to doing.

Batman-Prime
So Mxy can do this while the Lt can't?

Who says LT can't, Lt could have but the destruction wasn't worth it. Do you honestly think IG > LT? confused

BTW Mxy WF > LT, yep.

Mr Master

Multi-Eternity is the sum of all creation.

The IG has the potential to destroy it.
There's no such thing as "Multi-Eternity"
that was a nickname Captain Universe palced on Eternity's totality,
but this totality of power (all universes) is located withIN 616 Eternity.

1.) Ultimator = the sum total of ALL creation, more or less. Not being able to outright own something like that certainly isn't a low showing by any stretch of the word.
So the IG succeeded where Mxy failed in direct combat.

IG curbstomped Eternity in one move.

Eternity = the sum total of everything on all levels of creation.

Thanos only took over a universe with the IG. Nothing more.

Not gonna credit him with something he never came close to doing.
Actually it was 616 Eternity he stomped in one move.

616 Eternity = the power of all space/time in Marvel.
(sometimes accompanied by Infinity, sometimes it's just Eternity)
in fact, Eternity has the power to destroy or create all Universes in Marvel,
in fact,
it is withIN Eternity that the death/birth of all Universes takes place on a daily basis.

Mr Master

BTW Mxy WF > LT, yep.
hysterical

Knowsbleed33
BTW Mxy WF > LT, yep.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1040/haircutpk0.jpg

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1040/haircutpk0.jpg
That doesn't look like a fail.
It doesn't suit his facial structure, and he isn't as handsome as me, is all.

I think imma get that haircut someday.

fangirl101
Multi-Eternity is the sum of all creation. The IG has the potential to destroy it. this is not true. Eternity has a sister named infinity that with him is the sum of the multiverse. Not the omniverse.

Galan007
So the IG succeeded where Mxy failed in direct combat.Nope. Mxy beat Ultimator. smile

616 Eternity = the power of all space/time in Marvel.
(sometimes accompanied by Infinity, sometimes it's just Eternity)
in fact, Eternity has the power to destroy or create all Universes in Marvel,
in fact,
it is withIN Eternity that the death/birth of all Universes takes place on a daily basis. Ahh, so this is another one of those ever so convenient instances where, despite the fact that a singular universe was heavily alluded to, the writers really meant every universe in Marvel, but just left it up to the readers to dig through separate arcs and figure it out? I'm shocked you'd say that (not really.)

Anyhow, before Eternity and Thanos battled, Eternity stated that the battle was for control of "this" reality:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1441739_ig1.jpg

----

After they battled, and Thanos replaced Eternity, the Watcher stated..

"Thanos has now thoroughly usurped Eternity's rightful position as the center of all realty in this sphere.."

"This Watcher can now conclude that a valiant effort to save this plane of existence has failed":

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1441740_ig2.jpg

----

But earlier in the saga the writers had no problem with just flat out having him say "ALL UniverseS" when speachifying on the IG's potential:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1441741_ig3.jpg

Yet the above instance (where a universe is all that's really mentioned) is for some reason an exception - in which every universe in Marvel is what the writers really intended? Typo, I guess.

But srsly, why did I just post that? Like it's actually going to make you not argue? lulz @ me.

Philosophía
But srsly, why did I just post that? Like it's actually going to make you not argue? lulz @ me.

You've done a lot of unwise things in this thread. Like spreading your knowledge, where it's useless. Though, in many cases it is, and if you're having fun, well .. smile

Galan007

Merlyn
though i do agree with pretty much evrything galen's said in this thread, something tells me all of it will be nothing more then a waste of time on his part...... sorry galen. sad

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>