Obi Wan Kenobi vs the Terminators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vvendeta
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9523/19926349ql5.th.pnghttp://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6029/13805153bm0.th.pnghttp://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2424/19492746pt8.th.png

The 3 villians of the terminators movies Against Obi wan from revenge of the sith.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9286/64252412re9.png

scenario: Lets say that the droid army of the separatist create this 3 terminators with all his powers available to kill the jedi, and his first task is ben kenobi

Rogue Jedi
T800 goes down first, followed by TX. They are dispatched via force attacks/Saber attacks.

Not sure how the battle with the T1000 would play out. He'd never touch Kenobi, but I wonder how Kenobi would destroy him.

BruceSkywalker
Say goodbye to the terminators...

Rogue Jedi
How would he kill the T1000? Maybe find a smelting pit?

Robtard
The sabre would destroy the T1000, maybe not in one hit, but each slash would destroy a small portion of it, as it melts/destroys metal.

Obi would win this against any single one of them, all three at once would be a bit of a match. I'd still bet on him though.

Sadako of Girth
Being droids, essentially he could just fling em around all day.

But if they are all together, then a lightsaber thrown at the t-800's hydrogen cell should vaporise the other two in the resulting hydrogen bomb explosion, leaving Obiwan and his Jedi friends to go back to having their collective ass beaten by Spiderman and John Mcclane all day. stick out tongue

Placidity
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Being droids, essentially he could just fling em around all day.

They are hell of a lot smarter, faster and stronger.

The only chance I see for the Terminators is if Kenobi is momentarily taking down the T800 and T1000 and the TX shoots her plasma canon at him. Its a very large ball of energy, doesn't seem like the type (e.g blaster bolts) that can be deflected with the lightsaber.

Sadako of Girth
So, they are force resistant too...?

Besides, they wouldnt be able to do that plasma stuff after they have been vaporised by Hydrogen bomb... shifty

Placidity
So, they are force resistant too...?

Besides, they wouldnt be able to do that plasma stuff after they have been vaporised by Hydrogen bomb... shifty

When did I say they were force resistant? I never said the Terminators would win, so I really don't need the sarcasm. confused

T800 doesn't use hydrogen cells except in T3. And lets say we specifically pick that version:

1. How would Kenobi know to slash/stab there?

2. And even if he did, he would just blow himself up aswell.

In fact thats probably a way in which the Terminators could win. If Kenobi by extreme luck cuts T800's hydrogen cells...

Sadako of Girth
I wasnt being sarcastic...? It was a rhetorical question.
There was no sardonicism in my tone, sorry if it came across that way.

Where was it stated that they only started using hydrogen cells in T3...?

By cross cutting the torso while cutting it up.

True, unless he either force throws the sabre at the target.....
.....or simply uses a blaster, like when he killed Grevious.

Placidity
I wasnt being sarcastic...? It was a rhetorical question.
There was no sardonicism in my tone, sorry if it came across that way.

Where was it stated that they only started using hydrogen cells in T3...?

By cross cutting the torso while cutting it up.

True, unless he either force throws the sabre at the target.....
.....or simply uses a blaster, like when he killed Grevious.

Wiki

Sadako of Girth
Right. But theres nothing there to say that that first power cell that lasts 120 years wasnt the same hydrogen one, is there..?

Darth Martin
Kenobi takes this with ease.

Robtard
Right. But theres nothing there to say that that first power cell that lasts 120 years wasnt the same hydrogen one, is there..?

He obviously ran on a couple of 9-volts, the generic brands, ****.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
The sabre would destroy the T1000, maybe not in one hit, but each slash would destroy a small portion of it, as it melts/destroys metal.

Obi would win this against any single one of them, all three at once would be a bit of a match. I'd still bet on him though. .....What Rob said.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Placidity
They are hell of a lot smarter, faster and stronger.

Faster?

They're not even regular human speed. erm

Did you see Ahnold's bar fights? He literally just tanked those gys' shots.

In any case, Obi-Wan would win unless any of the robots use a shotgun, in which case he's ****ed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Faster?

In any case, Obi-Wan would win unless any of the robots use a shotgun, in which case he's ****ed. What the f**k?

W-why is that?

Final Blaxican
Obi-Wan has the reflexes to deflect blaster bolts and bullets, but he can't physically move his body faster then a bullet. He can't run or dive to the side faster than a bullet can move.

A Jedi can't deflect shotgun rounds with their lightsabers because shotgun pellets spread over distance, so if he were to raise his lightsaber up to block a shotgun pellet the other pellets spread over the remaining inches would still hit him. It'd be like deflecting five blaster bolts shot at you from five different people. You can deflect one but it's physically impossible to have your lightsaber in five places at one time.

Two Jedi Masters were actually pwned by two droids with shotguns in the EU.

That being said, he could certaintly survive if he were to move his body before the actual shotgun round was fired, but if he's distracted with one of the other machines he wouldn't be able to just whirl around and snap off a deflect like he could if someone was firing a regular bullet.

Vvendeta
Faster?

In any case, Obi-Wan would win unless any of the robots use a shotgun, in which case he's ****ed.

I remember in terminator 2 the t 1000 run and catch a car.

and it seens everebody forgot t 800 control the machines around her.

Obi wan has advantage, but i dont thinkd he can desintegrate the terminator t1000, who can make his hands change to spear, sword, etc.

Final Blaxican
The T-1000 has fast movement speed but it's reflexes are not even human speed.

It's comparable to a car having a slow acceleration speed but a fast top speed, if that makes any sense.

Placidity
Faster?

Well yea, cause they can chase vehicles and stuff... The T800 and T1000 cant keep up with cars for long, but the TX can. Anyway, they are definitely faster than humans...

Placidity

Well, if you believe the wiki, it said it got energy from heat sinks...

Final Blaxican
Well yea, cause they can chase vehicles and stuff... The T800 and T1000 cant keep up with cars for long, but the TX can. Anyway, they are definitely faster than humans...

The T-1000 has fast movement speed but it's reflexes are not even human speed.

It's comparable to a car having a slow acceleration speed but a fast top speed, if that makes any sense.

*cough*

Placidity
*cough*

Doesn't explain why you think its slower than human speed...

Final Blaxican
Because Humans constantly manage to hit it/stab it/smack it with objects/outrun, etc.

It can RUN fast, but it never shows above human reflexes with anything else, and runnung is only one facet of movement speed.

Placidity
Because Humans constantly manage to hit it/stab it/smack it with objects/ outrun, etc.

Well, I don't think the terminator cares if humans hit them. As for outrunning them, I think the Terminators only go fast when they need to, like when their targets are getting away by vehicle etc.

Plus they normally walk slow probably because its part of their stalky character. Kinda like Jason and the slasher movies where they let their victims run away momentarily or something.

But the point is, they are fast when they need to be.

Final Blaxican
When has a terminator ever shown faster reflexes then a human?

You can say "well it never does because it doesn't need to", but ultimately that doesn't actually prove anything either, it's just speculation. Maybe it doesn't because it physically can't.

Placidity
When has a terminator ever shown faster reflexes then a human?

You can say "well it never does because it doesn't need to", but ultimately that doesn't actually prove anything either, it's just speculation. Maybe it doesn't because it physically can't.

Well I'm not saying its has faster reflexes. But it doesn't seem to be slower as you say.

But my original statement still stands... Terminators are faster than SW droids...

liebe911
Terminator Rulez

Final Blaxican
Well I'm not saying its has faster reflexes. But it doesn't seem to be slower as you say.

But my original statement still stands... Terminators are faster than SW droids...

If you have slower reflexes than someone, you're slower than they are.

But, that leads to my point about the car's top speed and acceleration. There's a difference between movement speed and reactionary speed, and I was talking about the latter to begin with, not the former. You misunderstood what I meant, though I apologize for not being more specific.

Placidity
Originally posted by liebe911
Terminator Rulez

Oh snap. Case closed.

Final Blaxican
I hate you guys. sad

Vvendeta
I have a Question

If you give Arny T800 a fuging machine gun, will obi block all the bullets?

because i said the terminators with all their weapons available
is a jedi faster than sound for long time?

Placidity
hmm yea... Blasters have a very low rate of fire...

Final Blaxican
Depends. Greivous was striking at about 20 strikes per second.

Placidity
Depends. Greivous was striking at about 20 strikes per second.

Yea, but he was just whirling it around which means the strikes were coming from the same direction. Kinda different to a spray of bullets.

Final Blaxican
They're all coming from the same direction, one machine gun, just very fast. machine gun bullets dont spread like shotgun bullets do.

Rogue Jedi
Jedi versus Shotgun? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

I smell an Ash versus Jedi thread ninja

Placidity
They're all coming from the same direction, one machine gun, just very fast. machine gun bullets dont spread like shotgun bullets do.

Same general direction. Different trajectories... That is unless you have perfect accuracy and can compensate for recoil. And even then, you could intentionally aim at different locations.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Vvendeta
I remember in terminator 2 the t 1000 run and catch a car.

and it seens everebody forgot t 800 control the machines around her.

Obi wan has advantage, but i dont thinkd he can desintegrate the terminator t1000, who can make his hands change to spear, sword, etc.

T'was the T-X that had the machine control thing.

T1= T800
T2= T1000
T3= TX

Vvendeta
T'was the T-X that had the machine control thing.

T1= T800
T2= T1000
T3= TX

There is a escene when T800 and kid jonh rescue sara conors and when they were escaping, the t1000 run and catch the car, with his hands change into a hook, but they shoot him to get rid of him, with a little piece of metal remaining in the car.

Vvendeta
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Jedi versus Shotgun? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

I smell an Ash versus Jedi thread ninja
not at all
Now that i think about it, Obi can stop bullets with the force, like neo in matrix.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah the newer models were like sports cars while the T-800s are like tanks was an analogy James Cameron used.

Sadako of Girth
not at all
Now that i think about it, Obi can stop bullets with the force, like neo in matrix.

To be fair, Yoda might.

But Obiwan has never displayed much of a talent for large scale force kinetics.

Final Blaxican
Obi-Wan hasn't canonically. The CW cartoons are NOT canon here, right?

Rogue Jedi
not at all
Now that i think about it, Obi can stop bullets with the force, like neo in matrix. *Ash versus Obi Wan thread dies*

Sadako of Girth
As would Ash.

Rogue Jedi
Mhmmmmm....Kenobi the Impaler.

Darth Martin
Obi-Wan hasn't canonically. The CW cartoons are NOT canon here, right? There's nothing to suggest he can't block bullets.

Final Blaxican
Besides the fact that he has never done so?

And that's a fallacy. You can't prove a negative.

Publius II
You can, you just don't need to.

I can prove you're not white, for example.

Final Blaxican
Really? Do so, foo'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.