British, French Nuclear Subs Crash in Atlantic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

inimalist
British, French nuclear subs crash in Atlantic: report

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gv0WPcebREaWMjZYZBxMxdhyrjQA

YEAH!!!!

reminds me a lot of this fiasco:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/cdnsubs/chicoutimitimeline.html

stupid brits, if it wasn't for these bad boys: http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-british-submarine.html I'd have to question the quality of the British Navy

jaden101
I'd still question the quality of the British Navy regardless of the astute class...I remember another submarine managed to crash INTO THE SHETLAND ISLANDS....As far as i'm aware they're on all the maps and being part of Britain you would've thought they could manage not to crash into them...apparently not though.

Then there was the frigate captain who crashed into Australia.

Burning thought
Stupid sailors you mean, the Brits as a nation have proven through history they are the masters of the sea, if their sailors in those ships (prob Americans for arguments sake stick out tongue ) are fools then they need new men.

jaden101
Originally posted by Burning thought
Stupid sailors you mean, the Brits as a nation have proven through history they are the masters of the sea, if their sailors in those ships (prob Americans for arguments sake stick out tongue ) are fools then they need new men.

They're called "boats", not "ships"...At least in reference to the submarines anyway.

Burning thought
Ime sorry for that crucial mistake......

inimalist
Originally posted by jaden101
I'd still question the quality of the British Navy regardless of the astute class...I remember another submarine managed to crash INTO THE SHETLAND ISLANDS....As far as i'm aware they're on all the maps and being part of Britain you would've thought they could manage not to crash into them...apparently not though.

Then there was the frigate captain who crashed into Australia.

wow!!

both of those are kind of ridiculous

lol, at least it isn't the Russians. They don't even have the military technology to save their own sailors when a sub crashes

lol, the point isn't to trash the British Navy (although....). If you want to talk about my hypothesis in this, it would be more about the dangers of nuclear weapons, but more just having a laugh at a moderately serious event.

also, you might have missed my link to this: http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-british-submarine.html in the initial post, which essentially says the exact same thing you did.

Burning thought
oh no I looked at the link, that sub could probably destroy most navies by itself if it wasnt for a lack of torpedos although I just thot you were blaming the navy itself, didnt realise you were joking. Although I wonder to myself why, and how the two subs crashed....it could be something we dont know, not the foolery of the sailors.

inimalist
oh no I looked at the link, that sub could probably destroy most navies by itself if it wasnt for a lack of torpedos although I just thot you were blaming the navy itself, didnt realise you were joking. Although I wonder to myself why, and how the two subs crashed....it could be something we dont know, not the foolery of the sailors.

of course, and if the fires on the Canadian sub are any indication, we will probably not find out anything until it is buried in the papers and nobody remembers it.

I'd be interested if it was human error vs machine error, but really, 2 nuclear subs, armed with nuclear weapons, from allied countries in friendly waters... doesn't seem like either boat crew was all to awares

Burning thought
perhaps something criminal was up. Or sabotage.

inimalist
ya, I think human error is a little bit more likely than that...

the error might be criminal though. Crashing a nuclear powered boat into another nuclear powered boat, both armed with nuclear weapons might constitute criminal negligence, depending on how far away they were from land.

Burning thought
Ime not sure about that, I cant image why anyone on a submarine carrying nukes would not be alert, they would have to be responsible people, not green fresh recruits I would imagine.

inimalist
Ime not sure about that, I cant image why anyone on a submarine carrying nukes would not be alert, they would have to be responsible people, not green fresh recruits I would imagine.

hence the mystery

Burning thought
Well at least no nukes went off or the world would be in a little bit of a trouble. (well no nukes damaged, ime not sure if they can be set off without arming codes, surely their not armed nukes going about the place)

jinXed by JaNx
This reminds me of one of those episodes on Cops where the twelve year old steals his dads sports car to take on a joy ride and ends up trashing it. Only, he trashes it by crashing into another pre-teen who stole his fathers car for a joy ride as well.

lil bitchiness
Silly French.

Burning thought
I am sorry, little off-topic (in an off-topic forum thread) but Inimalist do you have much more information on that new British Submarine? I like it smile

botankus
if their sailors in those ships (prob Americans for arguments sake stick out tongue ) are fools then they need new men.

I must be psychic. Before I opened a thread about the British and the French, I just knew that someone inside the thread would mention America, and not in a relevant way, of course.

Bicnarok

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.