Gadget War: Bond versus Batman.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Who has the best/coolest gadgets? All Batman and Bond movies apply.

dadudemon
Hmm...Well, there are many more Bond gadgets because of the movies. I think there was jetpack at one time. (or more?)

Bond would take the cake easily. Q is da man. big grin

However, Batman is the better playa, fo sho. Bond gets one at a time, Batman gets as many as three at a time. (He walked in with three to the fundraiser for Harvey.)

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Hmm...Well, there are many more Bond gadgets because of the movies. I think there was jetpack at one time. (or more?)

Bond would take the cake easily. Q is da man. big grin

However, Batman is the better playa, fo sho. Bond gets one at a time, Batman gets as many as three at a time. (He walked in with three to the fundraiser for Harvey.)

Rogue Jedi
I say Batman. That device he used to map Gotham cell phones sold me.

Dr Will Hatch
As far as the films go, Bond. As far as the comics go, Bats.

Darth Martin
Bond has better vehicles and gadgets.

jinXed by JaNx
I dont know man, that sky hook was pretty metal. I'm biased, i think most all Bond gadgets are goofy and stupid. Although, Batman probably had the worst gadgets out of the two, thanks to Batman and Robin...,bat card? If it weren't for the practical gadgets shown in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight i'd say bond for sure.

dadudemon
Here's a gadget list for Bond films

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_gadgets

Also, Skyhook was ripped off of bond from The Dark Knight. However, the Skyhook could have been an idea/technology recycled by the Bond writers.

Also, there's an identification technology used in Quantum of Solace that can be classed with the sonar, voice, technology employed by Batman in TDK. The Sony Ericsson C902. Could be used to identify someone based on a simple image, even from the side of their face. It is no where near the level of the cell phone. However, it is just a software program.

jinXed by JaNx
I havent seen enough Bond films but the gadgets that i remember from the older movie's remind me of gadgets that i'd see in the Adam West batman show. Laser pens and jetpacks are too much for me. I remember one of the Bond films had a really cool breathing apparatus reminiscent of the Jedi breathing apparatus from Episode 1...,that was neat.

I just never liked how every Bond gadget was served as a plot device. It always felt that during the writing process the writers kept hitting a brick wall. They would focus to much on suspense and get Bond into impossible situations that they didn't know how to get him out of. Instead of rewriting they said "we'll come back to it and make a gadget with a specific use, designed to get him out of that exact situation". I know thats apart of the appeal but i prefer the newer Bond movie's where, like the newer Batman movie's, Bonds gadgets aren't gadgets, but tools that can be applied to many different scenario's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.