Morbius vs. Daken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trackz
Morbius:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7086/269671-178268-morbius_super.JPG

vs.

Daken
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/5648/331625-129380-daken_super.jpg

Battlehammer
based on what ive seen Daken would kick the shit out of mobius

Trackz
morbius does have the whole flight advantage over daken, and I thin khe heas better strength feats, but daken has better speed (or at least his technique is better)

Battlehammer
Daken pritty much thrashed everyone he foughten though

Trackz
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Daken pritty much thrashed everyone he foughten though isn't that the case with most new characters though? and deadpool and wolverine both gave him a good fight, I think wolverine was holding back and deadpool didn't register daken as a threat until he started getting beaten on.

Phantom Zone
based on what ive seen Daken would kick the shit out of mobius

What have you seen?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Trackz
isn't that the case with most new characters though? and deadpool and wolverine both gave him a good fight, I think wolverine was holding back and deadpool didn't register daken as a threat until he started getting beaten on.
Deadpool was getting toy with and thrashed. Daken beat Logan badly.

Phantom Zone
Deadpool was getting toy with and thrashed. Daken beat Logan badly.

Well Morbius has fought Spiderman many times on one ocassion the fight lasted more than sveral pages.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Well Morbius has fought Spiderman many times on one ocassion the fight lasted more than sveral pages.
yea and? Who more of a threat closes quarters combat? Wolverine or Spiderman?

Phantom Zone
yea and? Who more of a threat closes quarters combat? Wolverine or Spiderman?

Wolverine is but Morbius was fighting Spiderman and dodging his webbing like it was nothing, it was pretty impressive.

Also I could see Spiderman beating DP.

SamZED
Deadpool was getting toy with and thrashed. Daken beat Logan badly. True. But what the guy above you said is also true. DP had no idea whom he's dealing with and understimated him. Plus he almost knocked him out with a kick, pretty impressive concidering that he had no arms and his leg was injured. Who knows how it would've turned out if he knew whom he's dealing with from the beginning.

Trackz
Deadpool was getting toy with and thrashed. Daken beat Logan badly. was wolverine trying? and deadpool lost the fight yeah, but he got in one hit hit and that dazed daken, he could hardly see straight.

hawkeye111
daken snikts him eventually coz morbius cant put him down

SevenShackles
Daken will get the kill at some point... either he gets lucky and takes his head off quick or out lasts him.

Trackz
Originally posted by hawkeye111
daken snikts him eventually coz morbius cant put him down dakens claws arent like his dads, I'm not sure he can slash with them, usually he just goes for stabs (which I'm not sure can put morbius down)

Battlehammer
........if they can't slash how did he cut deadpool hand off............

he also has pheramone manipulation........

Trackz
........if they can't slash how did he cut deadpool hand off............

he also has pheramone manipulation........ when theyre drawn the appear rounded, I'd say him cutting deadpools hand off is PIS

BruceSkywalker
Daken ftw

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Trackz
when theyre drawn the appear rounded, I'd say him cutting deadpools hand off is PIS
........there not round........if they were he not be stabbing people.........

Pleases tell me your comments a joke.........

and he slashed wolverine on many occcassions.........not sure were you got your info or came to such conclusions.

Kris Blaze
While Daken got Deadpool pretty good, didn't it take a single kick from DP to make Daken dizzy?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
While Daken got Deadpool pretty good, didn't it take a single kick from DP to make Daken dizzy?
which is funny becauses they needed to uses a special bullet to Daken head to even put him down.

and daken been hit much harder then that with out being dazed.

Mindset
which is funny becauses they needed to uses a special bullet to Daken head to even put him down.

and daken been hit much harder then that with out being dazed. Wasn't the vibranium bullet used to keep him from healing?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Mindset
Wasn't the vibranium bullet used to keep him from healing?
it wasent vibranium. Yes the bullet slowed his healing down vastly in order to KO him and keep him so. However even with this bullet in him he recovered fast.

Mindset
Really?

I'm pretty sure it was vibranium, what was it?

Phantom Zone

and daken been hit much harder then that with out being dazed.

Yeah and peoples showings vary from comic to comic they are not always the same.

Battlehammer
Really?

I'm pretty sure it was vibranium, what was it?
naw it was carbo something or other. It was the same shit that omega red was looking for. The same thing Logan strapped to cyber chest.

vibranium would not weaken ones healing factor.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Yeah and peoples showings vary from comic to comic they are not always the same.
true however that happen in the same comic lol.

Mindset
naw it was carbo something or other. It was the same shit that omega red was looking for. The same thing Logan strapped to cyber chest.

vibranium would not weaken ones healing factor. Oh yea, you're right, carbonadium or something like that.

Battlehammer
Oh yea, you're right, carbonadium or something like that.
yea something like that.

Trackz
........there not round........if they were he not be stabbing people.........

Pleases tell me your comments a joke.........

and he slashed wolverine on many occcassions.........not sure were you got your info or came to such conclusions. , not the point, I'm referring to the actual bone claw, they are sharp at the base, theyre round until coming to the point, put simply his claws are drawn more like pencils with a point at the end, while wolverines are drawn like knives.

Trackz

and daken been hit much harder then that with out being dazed. didn't wolverine do that because he was trying to save daken, he didnt want to kill his son and that was the only way he could get him some place (he tok him to xavier to try and remove his mental blocks I'm pretty sure)

Rhinoceros
I'm not sure how strong current Cyber is, but he didn't even consider Daken a worthy opponent because he lacked adamantium skeleton. How strong is Morbius?

jinzin
Oh yea, you're right, carbonadium or something like that.

Yep Carbonadium, designed to put the healing factor into stasis.....

This all depends, Morbius has feats that flucuate all over the board.. At his best he'd walk all over Daken, at his not so best, he'd get put down in about 2 panels.

StiltmanFTW
........there not round........

They're not. Triangular cross-section. Even Wolverine's claws are often depicted that way.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze

That means Deadpool's kick > Batkick, because a hit from BOR had little effect on Daken laughing

srankmissingnin
Daken took at least one blow from Bor without getting koed, and Bor is a Skyfather. shifty

Stone dropped Morbius with two sais to the chest with relative ease, I imagine Daken would do something similar.

Priest
laughing out loud

Mindset
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Daken took at least one blow from Bor without getting koed, and Bor is a Skyfather. shifty
Bor was holding back, he didn't want to kill him

The Nuul

I cant believe I just saw this.....laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) sick

Bor wasnt even trying.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by The Nuul
I cant believe I just saw this.....laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) sick

Bor wasnt even trying.

dur

And what, may I ask, gave you the impression that Bor wasn't even trying? Him shouting "Die with him!" before he decked Daken, or maybe his overall calm, cool and rational demeanor throughout the issue? roll eyes (sarcastic)

StiltmanFTW
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2397/thor600026ue1.th.jpg

TricksterPriest
I call bullshit on his fight with Wade. The guy writing Deadpool has absolutely no idea of how to write him and is butchering the character. Not to mention Deadpool wasn't fighting anywhere near his true capacity.

And he's not crazy like that anymore. Cable fixed his head.

cloud102
Daken gets my vote.

SamZED
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I call bullshit on his fight with Wade. The guy writing Deadpool has absolutely no idea of how to write him and is butchering the character. Not to mention Deadpool wasn't fighting anywhere near his true capacity.

thumb up Agreed. It seemed like DP suddenly lost all his fighting skills. I actually liked the fact that they made him crazy, at least it explains why he fought so bad, with all the hallucinations, voices in his head etc. When he kicked Daken pretty much was the only time he showed signs of the past Deadpool. And that short h2h fight with Logan.

srankmissingnin
Deadpool hadn't "lost" any of his fighting skills, Daken was just significantly better. cool

SamZED
I'm fine with the fight with Daken even though DP lost (after all he had no idea whom he's dealing with but still almost koed him even without both arms) I was talking about his fight with Wolverine earlier. DP was always a match for Logan, which wasn't the case in that fight.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by SamZED
I'm fine with the fight with Daken even though DP lost (after all he had no idea whom he's dealing with but still almost koed him even without both arms) I was talking about his fight with Wolverine earlier. DP was always a match for Logan, which wasn't the case in that fight.

Wolverine dealt with DP pretty easily in the annual fight with the werewolves and in their fight in Cable / Deadpool. The only times Deadpool was more than a match for Wolverine there was outside circumstances that contributed like prep time or Wolverine having a virtually none existent healing factor (except for his fight with Boneclaw Wolverine in the Deadpool series, that was pretty even despite DP being certifiably insane.) Still DP did pretty well against Wolverine in Origins, but it was mostly do to prep, which I guess is your problem.

snoopdogg
Wolverine dealt with DP pretty easily in the annual fight with the werewolves and in their fight in Cable / Deadpool. The only times Deadpool was more than a match for Wolverine there was outside circumstances that contributed like prep time or Wolverine having a virtually none existent healing factor (except for his fight with Boneclaw Wolverine in the Deadpool series, that was pretty even despite DP being certifiably insane.) Still DP did pretty well against Wolverine in Origins, but it was mostly do to prep, which I guess is your problem. That sounds like some biased summaries of DP and Logan fights. But I'll take your word for it as I didn't read all of their fights.

Mindset
Neither fight was easy from what I remember.

snoopdogg
Don't know, but can somebody post all of DP and Logan's fights?

Mindset
There are about 5 in the Wolverine respect thread

snoopdogg
There are about 5 in the Wolverine respect thread I'll have to check them out. But were they all one-sided in Logan's favor?

SamZED
Wolverine dealt with DP pretty easily in the annual fight with the werewolves and in their fight in Cable / Deadpool. The only times Deadpool was more than a match for Wolverine there was outside circumstances that contributed like prep time or Wolverine having a virtually none existent healing factor (except for his fight with Boneclaw Wolverine in the Deadpool series, that was pretty even despite DP being certifiably insane.) Still DP did pretty well against Wolverine in Origins, but it was mostly do to prep, which I guess is your problem.
That's not true, Srank. DP always was a match for Wolverine and believe me im not biased against Wolverine, i've been a Wolverine fan for my entire life and I only learned that there's a character called Deadpool 2 years ago. In the fight against boneclaw Wolverine DP was a clear winner if you ask me, at first it was pretty even, but then DP did some serious damage to Logan, Wolverine was lying on the ground for 2 pages and couldn't get up. DP turned his back in order to talk to Doc Bong, and they talked for A WHILE. Since that moment he was barely paying attention to Wolverine, even when Logan recovered and attacked him from behind. DP was fighting back while talking to DB and then just stpped fighting, that's when Wolverine gutted him. So if you ask me DP won that fight, he had Wolverine beaten. When they both infiltrated Hydra Wolverine did win, that's true, he pinned him alongside the wall with his claws, the same thing DP did to Logan with his blade during the werewolves fight. And there was one other fight when DP was trying to save Siryn, it got interrupted. I remember that when I read that fight I was rooting for Wolverine but couldn't help but notice that DP hit him more often than got hit. So yes, he IS a match for Wolverine. The origins fight is hardly an example, DP was hallucinating most of the time. And even during the battle when they fought h2h they landed the same ammount of hits. That is, untill DP stopped fighting and started dodging in order to tell some stupid joke so he got kicked in the face. Im only upset with that fight because he barely demonstrated his fighting skills, he was all about prep that time.

PS: Sorry if i've made lotsa mistakes, english is not my first language. Hope you can stil understand what I wrote.

Battlehammer
.......more then grammar was wrong....much more

SamZED
.......more then grammar was wrong....much more Like what?

jinzin
That's not true, Srank. DP always was a match for Wolverine and believe me im not biased against Wolverine, i've been a Wolverine fan for my entire life and I only learned that there's a character called Deadpool 2 years ago. In the fight against boneclaw Wolverine DP was a clear winner if you ask me, at first it was pretty even, but then DP did some serious damage to Logan, Wolverine was lying on the ground for 2 pages and couldn't get up. DP turned his back in order to talk to Doc Bong, and they talked for A WHILE. Since that moment he was barely paying attention to Wolverine, even when Logan recovered and attacked him from behind. DP was fighting back while talking to DB and then just stpped fighting, that's when Wolverine gutted him. So if you ask me DP won that fight, he had Wolverine beaten.

Hmmmm

Wolverine had Deadpool dead to rights in that fight midway but stopped to talk to Deadpool. Deadpool did damage him later by breaking his ribs/wrist? but Wolverine definitely had the first serious advantage in that fight.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6158/dp5ps2.jpg

When they both infiltrated Hydra Wolverine did win, that's true, he pinned him alongside the wall with his claws,

He didn't just pin him against the wall but disarmed him of his weapons too.

the same thing DP did to Logan with his blade during the werewolves fight.
Not really, Deadpool did throw his sword through Wolverine's shoulder, but that was presumably after Wolverine got distracted by the hulking werewolf who was standing behind DP... So I'm not sure if that can be a fair assessment of the two engaged in strict combat.

And there was one other fight when DP was trying to save Siryn, it got interrupted. I remember that when I read that fight I was rooting for Wolverine but couldn't help but notice that DP hit him more often than got hit.
Yet again, an unfair assessment. The fight you're talking about took place after Wolverine woke up from being tranquilized. He stated that his vision was blurry, his head was fuzzy and he hurt so bad all he wanted to do was "sit this one out"....
All that and when he did engage DP, Pool states that Wolverine holds back on him because he's "afraid to pull the trigger" due to their friendship.

Wolverine DID also disarm and pin DP to the ground in a fight before that one as well.

So yes, he IS a match for Wolverine. The origins fight is hardly an example, DP was hallucinating most of the time. And even during the battle when they fought h2h they landed the same ammount of hits. That is, untill DP stopped fighting and started dodging in order to tell some stupid joke so he got kicked in the face. Im only upset with that fight because he barely demonstrated his fighting skills, he was all about prep that time.

PS: Sorry if i've made lotsa mistakes, english is not my first language. Hope you can stil understand what I wrote.

I dunno, when DP was getting curbed it was while Wolverine was going into berserker mode, when they both demonstrated h2h combat they both exhibited skill... I don't see much wrong with that.

SamZED
Originally posted by jinzin
Hmmmm

Wolverine had Deadpool dead to rights in that fight midway but stopped to talk to Deadpool. Deadpool did damage him later by breaking his ribs/wrist? but Wolverine definitely had the first serious advantage in that fight.

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6158/dp5ps2.jpg Its not like Wolverine released Deadpool after he had him on the ground, look at the scan, Deadpool gets up in the next pannel and shoots the guy, so no it wasn't a dead to rights situation, you're making it look like Wolverine could've killed him but stopped to talk. Well, the FIRST serious advantage in the fight was this actually:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7112/dp4fa7.jpg (respect for the scan goes to.. well, you)
Deadpool also had Wolverine but stopped to talk. So all this is not improtant, fact is, Wolverine was the one who needed the time to heal in order to continue fighting. So, yes DP did win that fight.

He didn't just pin him against the wall but disarmed him of his weapons too. Can't argue with that. Wolverine was the clear winner of that fight.

Not really, Deadpool did throw his sword through Wolverine's shoulder, but that was presumably after Wolverine got distracted by the hulking werewolf who was standing behind DP... So I'm not sure if that can be a fair assessment of the two engaged in strict combat. That's an assumption. Wolverine didn't say anything about the werefolf until he got pinned by the blade, so he wasn't really distracted.

Yet again, an unfair assessment. The fight you're talking about took place after Wolverine woke up from being tranquilized. He stated that his vision was blurry, his head was fuzzy and he hurt so bad all he wanted to do was "sit this one out".... He stated that in an issue, previous to the one where they fought, since then he effortlessly beat the crap outta dozen guards and spent plenty of time looking for Deadpool, with his HF its more than enough to clear his head.

All that and when he did engage DP, Pool states that Wolverine holds back on him because he's "afraid to pull the trigger" due to their friendship. Deadpool didn't really state anything, he was trying to get on Logan's nerves and made an assumption that Wolverine wouldn't kill him because he's not just some "faceless" guy to him. But Wolverine was clearly going for it.

Wolverine DID also disarm and pin DP to the ground in a fight before that one as well. True, and even in that fight DP showed a h2h skill comparable to Logan's (which was my original point) The thing is, in that fight Logan was holding back at first and he wasn't using his claws, Deadpool noticed that and was holding back as well, he had a knife in his hand and had an opportunity to stab Logan but didn't, all because he was enjoying the fight. Then Wolverine suddenly popped his claws and that's when DP got pinned to the ground, he didn't expect that. And Logan gained the upperhand and could've stabbed Wade, but didn't. Before shooting Wolverine DP hit him 4 times in a raw, even though Wolverine was holding back no longer.

I dunno, when DP was getting curbed it was while Wolverine was going into berserker mode, when they both demonstrated h2h combat they both exhibited skill... I don't see much wrong with that. He also got curbed while hallucinating. There's one other fight that should be pointed out. When DP took Wolverine down with his blades. And im aware that Logan's HF factor wasn't working well at that point but still a good display of skill for Wade. Also, Wolverine's HF wasn't all that screwed up. I mean, when they fought its been stated that his HF isn't working for 100% but some time later after the fight Logan said that its finally back to working well. I mean, its been WEEKS since he got adamantium ripped out of his body and his HF was screwed up ever since, but then it suddenly got better in like 20 minutes? Makes me thing that during the fight it was at least working well. Not perfectly, but well.

jinzin
Its not like Wolverine released Deadpool after he had him on the ground, look at the scan, Deadpool gets up in the next pannel and shoots the guy, so no it wasn't a dead to rights situation, you're making it look like Wolverine could've killed him but stopped to talk. Well, the FIRST serious advantage in the fight was this actually:
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/7112/dp4fa7.jpg (respect for the scan goes to.. well, you)
Deadpool also had Wolverine but stopped to talk. So all this is not improtant, fact is, Wolverine was the one who needed the time to heal in order to continue fighting. So, yes DP did win that fight.

No, Deadpool is stabbing Wolverine with one hand while the other is locking Wolverine's hand from moving. But the fight went on in spite of Deadpool's attack. It's the difference between an exchange of blows and an in fight knock down.. and that's exactly what happened. Wolverine had DP pinned to the ground, DP coughing and gagging, and instead of bringing his other hand down for the ten count he literally stopped attacking DP to have entire paragraphs of conversation.
Wolverine had the first legitimate position of advantage. It's indisputable.

And

Actually Deadpool lost that fight since he was gutted and ended up unconcious... confused

I will say Deadpool, outperformed Wolverine in the later part of that fight, but that's not the same as winning and it's also incidently the best he's ever done against Logan.

That's an assumption. Wolverine didn't say anything about the werefolf until he got pinned by the blade, so he wasn't really distracted.
Wolverine tries to draw DP's attention to the Werewolf imediately after being stabbed. Your position is what? That the werewolf teleported behind Deadpool the instant the sword hit it's mark? Seems rather irrational.

He stated that in an issue, previous to the one where they fought, since then he effortlessly beat the crap outta dozen guards and spent plenty of time looking for Deadpool, with his HF its more than enough to clear his head.
And they fought minutes (if that) after he made that statement, so it's still relivent... His HF is notorius when it comes to toxins of that sort, so no, it would still effect performance.

Deadpool didn't really state anything, he was trying to get on Logan's nerves and made an assumption that Wolverine wouldn't kill him because he's not just some "faceless" guy to him. But Wolverine was clearly going for it.
You know that for sure?
Because you know if that's true, it devalues the scope of their friendship.
He flat out said that Wolverine didn't pull the trigger on him...

True, and even in that fight DP showed a h2h skill comparable to Logan's (which was my original point) The thing is, in that fight Logan was holding back at first and he wasn't using his claws, Deadpool noticed that and was holding back as well, he had a knife in his hand and had an opportunity to stab Logan but didn't, all because he was enjoying the fight. Then Wolverine suddenly popped his claws and that's when DP got pinned to the ground, he didn't expect that. And Logan gained the upperhand and could've stabbed Wade, but didn't. Before shooting Wolverine DP hit him 4 times in a raw, even though Wolverine was holding back no longer. Yeah Wolverine was still holding back.. that's the whole point of why he didn't stab him and threatened him instead. erm

He also got curbed while hallucinating. There's one other fight that should be pointed out. When DP took Wolverine down with his blades. And im aware that Logan's HF factor wasn't working well at that point but still a good display of skill for Wade. Also, Wolverine's HF wasn't all that screwed up. I mean, when they fought its been stated that his HF isn't working for 100% but some time later after the fight Logan said that its finally back to working well. I mean, its been WEEKS since he got adamantium ripped out of his body and his HF was screwed up ever since, but then it suddenly got better in like 20 minutes? Makes me thing that during the fight it was at least working well. Not perfectly, but well. Wolverine landed several attacks on Wilson that would have been fatal or near fatal without a healing factor, Wilson had to bait Wolverine and use his HF to his advantage before he could land one.. It definitely doesn't help your case. no expression

He couldn't heal from a bloody nose, it was a point in the story, it wasn't working.

SamZED
No, Deadpool is stabbing Wolverine with one hand while the other is locking Wolverine's hand from moving. But the fight went on in spite of Deadpool's attack. It's the difference between an exchange of blows and an in fight knock down.. and that's exactly what happened. Wolverine had DP pinned to the ground, DP coughing and gagging, and instead of bringing his other hand down for the ten count he literally stopped attacking DP to have entire paragraphs of conversation.
Wolverine had the first legitimate position of advantage. It's indisputable. Yes it is. More than that, id say its false. From that position he could've stabbed Wolverine 5 more times and then go for his throat and the only reason the fight went on is because Deadpool stopped to have entire paragraphs of conversation. The fact that Wolverine raised his hand doesn't mean anything, Deadpool was the first one who was in the winning position.

Actually Deadpool lost that fight since he was gutted and ended up unconcious... confused
I will say Deadpool, outperformed Wolverine in the later part of that fight, but that's not the same as winning and it's also incidently the best he's ever done against Logan.

You mean that part when Wolverine attacked Wade from behind and DP was fighting back whle barely paing attention to Logan, and before Wolverine gutted him he just stopped fighting. While they were actually fighting DP was clearly winning. Its a fact.

Wolverine tries to draw DP's attention to the Werewolf imediately after being stabbed. Your position is what? That the werewolf teleported behind Deadpool the instant the sword hit it's mark? Seems rather irrational.
My point is based on the fact that Wolverine was still getting up while he got pinned to the wall, check that fight again, he was still on his knees when Deadpool threw the blade, so your assumption that Logan couldn't dodge because he was distrcted is false.

And they fought minutes (if that) after he made that statement, so it's still relivent... His HF is notorius when it comes to toxins of that sort, so no, it would still effect performance.
As far as I know it works fine against toxins poisons etc. He had more than enough time to heal from toxins effect, you'd have a point if Logan said that he was dizzy during the fight or right before attacking Deadpool, but he didn't. So the fight was fair.

You know that for sure?
Because you know if that's true, it devalues the scope of their friendship.
He flat out said that Wolverine didn't pull the trigger on him... What friendship? I wouldn't exactly call them drinking buddies. And yes I know that for sure seeing how he charged at Deadpool with his claws. Also the end of their "origins" encounter proves that Wolverine has no problems with killing Deadpool, he said it himself.

Yeah Wolverine was still holding back.. that's the whole point of why he didn't stab him and threatened him instead. erm
So was Deadpool. But Wolverine wasn't holding back after Deadpool hit him twice while being on the ground and two more times after Wolverine chargeda at him. So it still proves my point about Wade being close to Wolverine in skill.

Wolverine landed several attacks on Wilson that would have been fatal or near fatal without a healing factor, Wilson had to bait Wolverine and use his HF to his advantage before he could land one.. It definitely doesn't help your case. no expression Yes it does. Wolverine cut DP's face, the worst case Deadpool would've had three deep cuts if it wasn't for his HF, while Wade cut Logan through his chest. Which also proves my point about skill.

He couldn't heal from a bloody nose, it was a point in the story, it wasn't working. So his HF wasn't working for weeks, but then suddenly started to work just fine in just few minutes after the fight?

Look, im not saying that Deadpool > Wolverine, im not a retard. I respect Logan as much as you possibly could. Ive been a fan of him since I was like 5. Im just saying that Deadpool is on the same level with Logan when it comes to fighting skil.

jinzin
Yes it is. More than that, id say its false. From that position he could've stabbed Wolverine 5 more times and then go for his throat and the only reason the fight went on is because Deadpool stopped to have entire paragraphs of conversation. The fact that Wolverine raised his hand doesn't mean anything, Deadpool was the first one who was in the winning position.

5 more times and go for his thraot.....
Okay that's just asinign ranting on your part.
Deadpool played his hand and both his arms were occupied while attacking Wolverine, Wolverine fought back.
Wolverine played his hand and had Deadpool pinned to the ground, coughing up blood, had a free hand poised to strike and simply didn't to talk for whole paragraphs before DP got up....
there's a mass difference between the two.

You mean that part when Wolverine attacked Wade from behind and DP was fighting back whle barely paing attention to Logan, and before Wolverine gutted him he just stopped fighting. While they were actually fighting DP was clearly winning. Its a fact. I didn't dispute that DP outperformed him I even stated that he did.. But he still lost.

My point is based on the fact that Wolverine was still getting up while he got pinned to the wall, check that fight again, he was still on his knees when Deadpool threw the blade, so your assumption that Logan couldn't dodge because he was distrcted is false.
Uh no... You need to read that again. Wolverine is trying to bring DP's attention to the werewolf in the same panel he's getting stabbed.. He's trying to warn pool about the thing while there's still motion lines behind the sword's hilt.. he was fully aware of the werewolf by the time he got stabbed... and it isn't even the same as he wasn't disarmed and helplessly pinned against the wall.. he even starts his assault pretty much immediately after that using the same sword no less.

As far as I know it works fine against toxins poisons etc. He had more than enough time to heal from toxins effect, you'd have a point if Logan said that he was dizzy during the fight or right before attacking Deadpool, but he didn't. So the fight was fair. then you don't know. Because it's notorious against them.

He didn't need to. He already stated it. Your contention is that he was fixed minutes later and it's an irrational one to have.

What friendship? I wouldn't exactly call them drinking buddies.
It's a well known fact that they're friends.. funny given the fact that they went drinking right after the werewolf incident.

And yes I know that for sure seeing how he charged at Deadpool with his claws. At the end of the confrontation? Yeah color me impressed.

Also the end of their "origins" encounter proves that Wolverine has no problems with killing Deadpool, he said it himself. Yeah if Deadpool comes gunning for him again, because he's done it about half a dozen times now. erm

So was Deadpool. But Wolverine wasn't holding back after Deadpool hit him twice while being on the ground and two more times after Wolverine chargeda at him. So it still proves my point about Wade being close to Wolverine in skill. Based on what, because DP's insinuation was quite the opposite. I don't think i ever stated he wasn't. confused

Yes it does. Wolverine cut DP's face, the worst case Deadpool would've had three deep cuts if it wasn't for his HF, while Wade cut Logan through his chest. Which also proves my point about skill.
So his HF wasn't working for weeks, but then suddenly started to work just fine in just few minutes after the fight?
No it doesn't.
Wolverine gutted pool while thrashing his arm, smacked him in the head with an open hand, and tore his ribs/back before Pool even got his first attack in.
So if that's a display of skill it certainly doesn't help DP's case.
YES. That's what's clearly dictated by the story.

Look, im not saying that Deadpool > Wolverine, im not a retard. I respect Logan as much as you possibly could. Ive been a fan of him since I was like 5. Im just saying that Deadpool is on the same level with Logan when it comes to fighting skil. He isn't though..
He has a long running history of being disarmed and pinned down by Logan.. They might be close but they're definitely not the same. erm

Doctor-Alvis
No one with Wolverine's dna can lose a fight without excessive plot devices to limit the Wolverine based character.

KingD19
The simple fact of the matter is, Wolverine's senses are either on the same level, or more advanced than Morbius's, Daken deceived them so well Wolverine thought he had super speed. Also, his claws are capable of slicing through flesh and bone with ease. And, Morbius can regenerate from things like gunshots and puncture wounds given a few hours, but if Daken gets an arm or leg, which is a high probability considering his powers, then Morbius lost, since he can't regenerate limbs.

jinzin
Actually Morbius' healng factor is far faster acting than that. It works on a level comparative to Wolverine's to be quite honest.

KingD19
I thought I read somewhere that he can't grow back limbs. Well I could be wrong, but you've still got to think about that Pheromone Control. He could make you think he dissapeared while he's gutting you.

SamZED
5 more times and go for his thraot.....
Okay that's just asinign ranting on your part.
Deadpool played his hand and both his arms were occupied while attacking Wolverine, Wolverine fought back.
Wolverine played his hand and had Deadpool pinned to the ground, coughing up blood, had a free hand poised to strike and simply didn't to talk for whole paragraphs before DP got up....
there's a mass difference between the two. Deadpool was behind Wolverine holding one of his hand while with the other he cut Wolverine in between his ribs. Wade had it all under control. So yes, Deadpool was in a perfect position to keep attacking but didn't in order to chat. And there was nothing Wolverine could've done about it. On the other hand while Deadpool was on the ground and Wolverine raised his hand above him you make it sound like Deadpool was helpless. If it was the case he wouldn't have escaped so easy in the next pannel. And the fact that Wolverine stopped to talk doesn't change anything.

I didn't dispute that DP outperformed him I even stated that he did.. But he still lost. Deadpool won the FIGHT. Wolverine was down and couldn't get up. Who attacked whom after doesn't matter as long as we're discussing fighting skills.

Uh no... You need to read that again. Wolverine is trying to bring DP's attention to the werewolf in the same panel he's getting stabbed.. He's trying to warn pool about the thing while there's still motion lines behind the sword's hilt.. he was fully aware of the werewolf by the time he got stabbed... and it isn't even the same as he wasn't disarmed and helplessly pinned against the wall.. he even starts his assault pretty much immediately after that using the same sword no less. I don't really need to read it again since ive read it before making the previous post. The pannel makes it clear that Wolverine starts talking AFTER he gets stabbed. Again, the whole he-couldn't-dodge-because-he-got-distracted thing is purely an assumption that can't be supported with anything.Originally posted by jinzin

then you don't know. Because it's notorious against them.
He didn't need to. He already stated it. Your contention is that he was fixed minutes later and it's an irrational one to have.
Really? Because Deadpool (whose HF is simillar to Wolverine's) demonstrated that effect of poisons or toxins do not last longer than few minutes. And while its true that Wolverine was dizzy for a while after he woke up the effect was gone by the time he faced Deadpool (and that was A LOT of time for a guy with healing factor), nothing suggests that he was weak or couldn't concentrate. Deadpool just outfought him that time, its a fact.

It's a well known fact that they're friends.. funny given the fact that they went drinking right after the werewolf incident. I remember that, its not really known if they've made it to the bar and if Deadpool actualloy bought Logan a beer as Logan made him promise, but I still wouldn't call them friends. Not even buddies.

At the end of the confrontation? Yeah color me impressed.

Yeah if Deadpool comes gunning for him again, because he's done it about half a dozen times now. erm

Wolverine promised to cut Deadpool into pieces and eat him. He knows Deadpool is not the kind of person who'd get intimidated, so it wasn't an empty threat. More like a promise. Its not like Wolverine EVER makes empty threats...

Based on what, because DP's insinuation was quite the opposite. I don't think i ever stated he wasn't. confused Based on Wolverine's own words that he's gonna give him one last chance which we both know Deadpool didn't take. So yeah, the whole charging at Deadpool and saying "RRRRRRRRR!" Kind of suggests that Wolverine stopped holding back after Deadpool punched him in the face after Wolverine gave him the chance to back off.

No it doesn't.
Wolverine gutted pool while thrashing his arm, smacked him in the head with an open hand, and tore his ribs/back before Pool even got his first attack in.
So if that's a display of skill it certainly doesn't help DP's case.
YES. That's what's clearly dictated by the story. Um... actually Wolverine slashed his cloth, I dont see any blood there, the worst case Deadpool got cut a little, that is if he got cut at all. Hardly a mortal wound. After that happened Deadpool hit Wolverine in the head and kicked him in the face. Wolverine kicked Wade too but it turned out that Deadpool set him up for that kick and gutted him afterwards, so YES. That's a great display of skill. confused

He isn't though..
He has a long running history of being disarmed and pinned down by Logan.. They might be close but they're definitely not the same. erm Their fights suggest that they are.erm

jinzin
Deadpool was behind Wolverine holding one of his hand while with the other he cut Wolverine in between his ribs. Wade had it all under control. eek! YEAH! SOOOOO in control infact, that he got tackled through a window, pinned, stabbed in the chest, choughing up blood while Wolverine had another bomb to still drop on him in the very next panels of the fight... WOWZA!

As I said.

It's the difference between a simple exchange of blows and a knock-down in any given fight.. It's as easy to see as the difference between vertical and horizontal quite literally.. If you can't grasp that, then you are clearly beyond reasoning. no expression

So yes, Deadpool was in a perfect position to keep attacking but didn't in order to chat. Uh no.. Both his arms were occupied Wolverine still had one free for a counter attack.. which is exactly what followed... next.

And there was nothing Wolverine could've done about it.

Oh is that why Deadpool >>>>>> " got tackled through a window, pinned, stabbed in the chest, choughing up blood while Wolverine had another bomb to still drop on him in the very next panels of the fight?" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Next

On the other hand while Deadpool was on the ground and Wolverine raised his hand above him you make it sound like Deadpool was helpless.
Only if you think me stating that Wolverine had the first position of legitimate advantage roughly translates to "Deadpool's helpless".... Which if this IS indeed the case makes it a lot easier to understand your terrible interpretations of these fights, continuities, and even the relationship between these two characters.... next.

If it was the case he wouldn't have escaped so easy in the next pannel. And the fact that Wolverine stopped to talk doesn't change anything.
Ah, so IF Wolverine had used his other hand to strike Deadpool in the chest or the head or anything of the sort instead of talking it wouldn't have made a difference in your opinion....

Way to lose credability at a geometric rate here.. Next.

Deadpool won the FIGHT. Wolverine was down and couldn't get up. Who attacked whom after doesn't matter as long as we're discussing fighting skills.
No Deadpool outperformed Wolverine towards the end of that fight he didn't win it....
Of course if you think THIS is winning...
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4131/dp10xx6.jpg

Then it only proves my quickly growing assumptions as to your abilities of interpretation as well as your credability.

I don't really need to read it again since ive read it before making the previous post. The pannel makes it clear that Wolverine starts talking AFTER he gets stabbed.

No you need to read it again....

Again, the whole he-couldn't-dodge-because-he-got-distracted thing is purely an assumption that can't be supported with anything.
no expression
Wolverine necessarily had to be standing up by the time the sword entered his shoulder.
He was facing towards Deadpool.
The werewolf was behind Deadpool.
Wolverine is addressing the werewolf while motion lines are still behind the swords hilt.
Wolverine acknowledges the sword wound mid sentence not before....

Your interpretation lends to Deadpool's sword taking Wolverine from his knees to his feet and a teleporting werewolf with motion lines that don't actually imply motion.......

Your interpretation = What the f**k?

Really? Because Deadpool (whose HF is simillar to Wolverine's) demonstrated that effect of poisons or toxins do not last longer than few minutes. And while its true that Wolverine was dizzy for a while after he woke up the effect was gone by the time he faced Deadpool (and that was A LOT of time for a guy with healing factor), nothing suggests that he was weak or couldn't concentrate. Deadpool just outfought him that time, its a fact.
For one who wants to talk about assumptions..
The Administrator knew exactly what it would take to take Wolverine out of the fight.. that's a fact.
Deadpool stated that Wolverine was hit with enough sedative to drop a T-rex. That's a fact.
The tranqs that hit Wolverine effected him to a point that had him unconcious long enough to transport him all the way to The Watchtower, fact.
When Wolverine woke up he was still effected by the drugs on a massive level, fact.
After Wolverine made his escape attempt he had a long introductory conversation with the Administrator, and was beat down, then we had a transition scene to Deadpool, THEN we see that they had enough time to bind Wolverine, hang him upside down and stick him in another room. 'Nother fact.
After ALL THAT when his rescue showed up Wolverine is STILL saying he wants to sit this one out, lie down and get better....
Wolverine was shot with tranqs in the morning and still effected by them by nightime.... FACT.

Now your ASSUMPTION is that Wolverine who was KOed for a long period of time, woke up still effected, subdued again and still effected, rescued and still effected by the tranqs..... was effected quite literally from sunrise to sunset... somehow instantaniously got better MAYBE 5 minutes later as soon as he fought Deadpool? uuuuuh huh....

Like I said, your interpretation = What the f**k?

I remember that, its not really known if they've made it to the bar and if Deadpool actualloy bought Logan a beer as Logan made him promise, but I still wouldn't call them friends. Not even buddies. laughing out loud So now they didn't even go drinking when they walked out a door arms around eachothers shoulders....

oooook

You ARE aware that Wolverine has saved Deadpool from Weapon X, and Deadpool as helped Wolverine with new Weapon X? Wolverine was bumbed out at DP's funeral. Even in the previously mentioned issues, Wolverine gives displays of empathy and friendship with Wade.
God damn even in the new animated film they breifly address that they're pals on some disfunctunal level.

You can't argue that they have a relationship, regardless of how absurd or ridiculous hostile or illogical that relationship may be.

Wolverine promised to cut Deadpool into pieces and eat him. He knows Deadpool is not the kind of person who'd get intimidated, so it wasn't an empty threat. More like a promise. Its not like Wolverine EVER makes empty threats...
Yeah, if Deadpool comes after him again (didn't I just explain that part to you?)... He didn't say, "the next time I see you" or anything of that sort, he implied that he'd react in turn to DP's aggression..... so I fail to see how you think the context doesn't make a difference... although I probably shouldn't given what you've argued here already.

Based on Wolverine's own words that he's gonna give him one last chance which we both know Deadpool didn't take. So yeah, the whole charging at Deadpool and saying "RRRRRRRRR!" Kind of suggests that Wolverine stopped holding back after Deadpool punched him in the face after Wolverine gave him the chance to back off.
Okay you're talking about the first fight they had during that arc not the second.
It doesn't matter. Deadpool stated that Wolverine was holding back during the second fight, Wolverine proved it in the first and when he did charge Deadpool with an RRRRRR! It was after he retracted his ****ing claws.. go figure.

jinzin
Um... actually Wolverine slashed his cloth, I dont see any blood there, the worst case Deadpool got cut a little, that is if he got cut at all. Hardly a mortal wound. After that happened Deadpool hit Wolverine in the head and kicked him in the face. Wolverine kicked Wade too but it turned out that Deadpool set him up for that kick and gutted him afterwards, so YES. That's a great display of skill. confused

Um actually, Deadpool's shown with a wide eye, while dropping his gun (I know he just wanted to display his hand to hand skills instead huh eek! ), WHILE Wolverine's making enuendoes about DP feeling it in his guts, followed by Deadpool stating that it hurt, making MORE enuendoes about Wolverine cutting him but assuring that he has a healing factor.....

Oh but Wolverine just ripped his clothing huh?
The following two panels have contact FX that display hits landing...

Funny there wasn't any clear blood when Wolverine got stabbed, he must not have been stabbed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And DP never hit Wolverine in the head before the kick, it was quite the opposite.

Deadpool being hit three times; one in the guts, and one in the head, before even landing a blow is NOT a great display of skill. no expression
Needing to bait a healing factorless Wolverine, and sacrificing his face to get the KO shot, is NOT a great display of skill.....

But then again, I AM talking to the kid who thinks that Wolverine's nonworking HF is a point of contention in the same issue even though it's stated by Wolverine, Deadpool, and demonstrated on panel....

It has become quite clear how you've deluded yourself into thinking Wolverine and DP are on the same level of melee combat..... but... they aren't...

Well maybe YOUR version is.. but then again...
SamZED's Deadpool is truly impressive indeed.

Their fights suggest that they are.erm clearly...

Mindset
Deadpool owns Wolverine

FOH

KingD19
Ummmm, last time I checked, the was a.... Morbius vs Daken thread, not DP vs Wolverine. Just saying you guys are a bit off topic.

jinzin
(auto quote)[/quickquote

NUH-UH!

And... FOH? confused

Front of theatre?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.