Dante vs Zeus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Topic.

Dante has all his weapons and abilites in DMC

Zeus has Zeus' Gaunlet and The Blade of Olympus

AND ZEUS IS NOT THAT BIG WHEN HE IS A GIANT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Me85nLv7zk&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

Burning thought
Zeus squashes Dante with ease or for some sport moves instantly backwards several miles and unleashes the power of the Blade of Olmypus, wiping out Dante in one beam of energy.

Gumachi
Dante is too fast, and he uses Pandora's Box on Zeus, or just freeze Zeus, and chop his head off with Sparda's Sword. BTW, he can't squash him if Dante is out of reach. Or Dante just Jackpots him. The Blade= wouldn't kill him unless you can show proofDante asorbs the energy with royalguard.

Burning thought
-Pandoras box is useless, its power is far lower than anything in the Blade of Olmypus, same goes for all of Dantes weapons

-Freeze Zeus? with what? Dante cannot freeze, not to mention hes never frozen a being as large as Zeus

-Chop his head off? prove Spardas sword can cut Zeus? its featless, its never chopped through anything.

-Dantes Jackpot only works with help from others, furthermore is slow and even more so....where does it actually show Jackpot imprisons beings? its obvious they have to be massively weak first before whatever it does to work anyway. Dante has no powers that would weaken Zeus.

-Woudlnt kill him? Dante is paralysed for a long time just by being impaled by a tiny sword like Yamato....

The blade of Olympus wave imprisoned the titans and destroyed armies, Dante has no durability to survive being vapourised by the wave.

Gumachi
Proof? The Blade of Olympus=Useless not a Devil Arm. Proof?

Bangle of Time? Chrono Heart

Yamato--Judgment Cut

So? Only a Devil Arm can even kill Dante.

Help from others? No, he did it by himself to Argosax.

No, and he got cut again and was fine.

So? Not a Devil Arm.

He uses Pandora's Box and slits his throat killing him. YAMATO WILL HURT HIM--, a demigod was killed by a spear, and by a hook.

Tartarus=NONETHING, some crappy cavern, Dante escaped Hell, he cuts thru Tartarus. Show me he can't survive, he has a demonic bloodline, olympic weapon. He uses Dreadnought asorbs energy and toss it back at him.

Zues=got beat by a mortal.

ALL OF DANTE's WEAPONS=UNDERWORLD WEAPONS, SO WEAPONS FROM HADES WOULD HURT ZEUS AS WELL. IF BLADES OF CHAOS=UNDERWORLD WEAPON CAN HURT THE GODSDANTE's UNDERWORLD WEAPONS CAN AS WELL.

Zeus=tall mortal who throws around some bolts made by Hephaestus, Dante has all the physical and magical power of a Demon God.

Burning thought
Youve not given the proof yet that Dante can only be killed by a Devil arm, furthermore, that would be a no limits fallacy.

Prove Judgement cut can slice Zeus, Zeus can smash through stone with ease as well so he is far stronger than stone, and thats all judgemnet cut has destroyed.

Thats not Jackpot, he never said it was.

Tartarus is not a cavern lol......
I dont have to show you he "cant" survive, its you who has the burdon of proof, otherwise show me Zeus cant survive any of Dantes attacks? see you cant, because Dante never fights Zeus, its you who has to show the positives to your argument.

a demi-God actually, one who would also rip apart Dante

Nothing has done major damage to Zeus other than the Blade of Olmypus which is a weapon made from all the Gods AND Earths power combined.....it is far more powerful than anything in DMC unvierse but you know what? Zeus was impaled countless times and just got up 10 seconds later, he was fine.
Now imagine if its Giant Zeus, not even KRatos with superior weapons to Dante could beat giant Zeus, Giant Zues using the full power of the blade would wipe out the DMC universe easily.

ArtificialGlory
About the thing that Dante can only be killed with the Devil Arm. Well, I can only refer you to rule 12.

Gumachi
I have showed proof.

So? Dante smashed thru stone as well. Zeus has humanly flesh=it will cut him.

So? He doesn't has to say it.

In CoO it was. Lighting can't hurt him, and well he took shots from the Devil and took divine blasts from the incarnation of Sparda and was fine. If you can't show proofdon't bring it up.

Nah. A demigod who needed assistance just to kill a Hydra.

The Blade of Olympus=Just a weapon created by the lighting god, endured with the god of war power, nonething more. Sparda's Sword--The sword with SPARDA's POWER. Proof it's more powerful than anything in DMC? Is that why he was weakened? Yeah. And no give me that wound bs, the last spartan got impaled by the blades of chaos, and showed no wound, but guess what he died. Pandora wipes out Zeus. He has showed no regeneration.

He slows time, goes down Zeus throat and rips his heart out. Or slows/stops time, takes The Blade and chop his head off.

Burning thought
Youve not showed a single shred of proof for him being immune to everything other than devil arms, but as I said, thats a no limits fallacy

ofcourse he does...how do you know its jackpot? he can charge up his guns if he wishes, and you did not answer my question, where does it say Jackpot imprisons anyone? Its just what Dante said when Trish empowered his guns to be more powerful, which tossed an already dieing Mundus into a portal to hell.

Created by Zeus God of the sky and heavens, empowered by the power of the God of war BOTH characters who have shown massive power AND of the Earth, the entire Earths power.

Pandora? wtf you talking about, Dante has the choice of a few crappy weapons, Zeus has fought against Titans, something so large it would pick up the Saviour like a toy and smash its head in the rock.....

Gumachi
It was a while back, but I don't feel like scraping it up. And I haven't seen anything but devil arms hurt him.

He never will return, he will be trapped in his own power--said my Capcom--i'm shure. Mundus wasn't dying, infact he already killed him in DMC2 novel. And Mundus hasn't returned, and where did I say it imprisons anyone?

He wasn't the god of heavens and skys--he was when he defeated Cronos. POWER OF SPARDA--WHO TOOK ON HELL's ARMY BY HIMSELF.

Pandora=Underworld weapon, show me an underworld weapon can't hurt him. He hasn't fought against Titans, because he was too busy making the sword. Just like a mortal can smash around the gods like a toy? Like I said he slows/stops time, takes the blade, and chops his head off. Dante puts his devil power into physical objects so call he needs to do is impale Zeus until he dies. Pandora? Lucifer? Rebellion? Gilgamesh? Sparda's Sword? More than 2 weapons.

Gumachi
And didn't you hear what I said? He USES DREADNAUGHT/ROYALGUARD. If Dante blasted and killed "the most powerful evil god"--He could blast Zeus to hell.

Burning thought
Well tehn dont try and argue the point, youve not got the proof.

You keep saying Zeus would be sealed by Jackpot, which is impossible ,all it is, is a powerful gun attack chargup.

yes he was, he was King of the Gods, lord of the sky, he was never stated as the lighting God, he was simply King of the Gods.

erm, no mortal has smashed gods around.....If Zeus is full sized, dante could not lift the enormous blade of Olmypus, and furthermore prove he could even pull it from Zeus' grip, he is much stronger than Dante. All those weapons are weak in comparison to Olympus.

Both Dreadnought/Royalguard is useless.

Gumachi
I do, but it's pointless...right?

That killed "the most powerful evil God" and sealed Satan.

How could he be King of Gods, before he defeated Cronos? He NEVER was called King of Olympus before that.

Kratos will in God of War III smile, couldn't lift the blade? Somemore bs your bringing up, Sparda's Sword--if he can toss around a motorcycle and Berial--king of Fire hell he can lift some blade. Prove he couldn't if he's slowed down. Stop trying to make up bs now. So? Underworld weapons will kill Zeus.

Nope? Royalguard blocks The Blade's attacks and dreadnought asorbs the energy

Slaanesh
zues defeated the titan and chain them in tartarus when he created the The Blade of Olympus..that blade is like WTF awesome..dante don't stand a chance here..

Gumachi
He sealed them in God of War II, but he had them chained in CoO--or atleast had a weapon TO chain them. Ofcourse because of rule #12--Dante can only be killed by having a Devil Arm ripping his heart out.

Dante could have killed a demon that had the same abilities or greater than Zeus. Just because Zeus' title has "god" in it doesn't mean he is all super powerful.

Gumachi
Sparda's Sword defeated the Roman God of The Underworld, so Sparda's Sword=not useless here, and Dante killed Mundus/a God--without Sparda's Sword.

First_Tsurugi06
The best Dante killed were nigh-featless demons who only shared the names of whatever mythical counterparts they're named after. That's the biggest problem with DMC's demons, as they're alos the only thing Dante's really ever killed.

Zeus by canon has only been so much as harmed by the Blade of Olympus, which had killed a lesser God in one stab. No God in GoW had been defeated by anything less than a weapon that contained another kind of Olympian power. By canon and status, Zeus is the most powerful God in the series, and had only not dealt with Ares himself because of a law he made that the Gods were not to wage war against eachother(which is why Ares settled for destroying Athens). He has shown the same kind of durability feats that Dante vomits forth (just not as often as it's more of a given for his type of being). Zeus, in one move sealed away the Titans after creating the Blade of Olympus. As shown, he did not have help in doing either one, with the only Titan shown being defeated before being Atlas. Zeus in on swing of his sword annihilated an army that populated an enitre city.

Rule #12 applies just as much, if not more to Zeus or God Kratos as it does does to a prime Dante, as the only Gods killed in GoW were below either of the two aforementioned Gods, and even then were only defeated by the likes of a God-empowered/God Power-wielding Kratos. Dante's best bet is to hope the Jackpot seal actually works, which only ever did because Dante got an extra power boost or had assistance by another demonic powered cahracter.

Burning thought
does Jackpot actually seal? is it stated officially somewhere that it seals or is it some random assumption just because it just so happened to send Mundus into the underworld that one time?

Gumachi
All I know is that is seals someone under their own power, which if i'm not mistaken--in the dmc2 novel--Mundus was still in the underworld. But he had no problem with Argosax O_o

Sparda Cannon?

KakashiKun
Dante because he could do the same thing to Zeus what he did to Mundus. Plus Zeus is dull =/

Gumachi
If you think about it he needed Trish for help, but that still wouldn't mean he couldn't hit Jackpot by himself--which he could.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Gumachi
All I know is that is seals someone under their own power, which if i'm not mistaken--in the dmc2 novel--Mundus was still in the underworld. But he had no problem with Argosax O_o

Sparda Cannon?

Show me the official information that says that. All it looks like is a charged up Ebony/ivory blast.

Sparda cannon is not "canon" stick out tongue

KakashiKun
If you think about it he needed Trish for help, but that still wouldn't mean he couldn't hit Jackpot by himself--which he could.
Well stricktly speaking, he Wounded Mundus like hell after fighting him alone. He just came back as Dante was hurt himself. And since he's fighting Zeus in this case, he would defeat him with ease cause all i ever seen Zeus do was shoot lightning bolts and big thunder slams wich dante would either esilly dodge, or it wouldn't do much damage anyway.
(plus if they were to fight like Dante did mundus, what would Zeus have to sheild himself with? If dante hit him with a few of those super dragon attacks Zeus is done)

Gumachi
Originally posted by Burning thought
Show me the official information that says that. All it looks like is a charged up Ebony/ivory blast.

Sparda cannon is not "canon" stick out tongue

If you do research it seals them in hell under their own power, and I don't feel like doing research, but explain what the Jackpot did to Mundus then. Charged up or not, if he had no problem defeating "the most powerful evil God" he would blow Zeus ass away.

Isn't Majin Form/Devil Trigger an ability? And isn't "Sparda Cannon" an ability of Sparda Cannon?

Originally posted by KakashiKun
Well stricktly speaking, he Wounded Mundus like hell after fighting him alone. He just came back as Dante was hurt himself. And since he's fighting Zeus in this case, he would defeat him with ease cause all i ever seen Zeus do was shoot lightning bolts and big thunder slams wich dante would either esilly dodge, or it wouldn't do much damage anyway.
(plus if they were to fight like Dante did mundus, what would Zeus have to sheild himself with? If dante hit him with a few of those super dragon attacks Zeus is done)

Lighting along couldn't hurt Dante, all he needs to do is take The Blade from Zeus and chop his head off.

Burning thought
It just destroyed his form, making him too weak to stay in the mortal realm which sent him back into hell. Thats a good enough explanation, we cant assume it seals anyone and everyone just because it destroyed Mundus.

Whats Majin form? if your talking about the form Dante uses in DMC2 when hes on low health then its featless and is worthless in the debate.

KakashiKun

If you do research it seals them in hell under their own power, and I don't feel like doing research, but explain what the Jackpot did to Mundus then. Charged up or not, if he had no problem defeating "the most powerful evil God" he would blow Zeus ass away.

Isn't Majin Form/Devil Trigger an ability? And isn't "Sparda Cannon" an ability of Sparda Cannon?

Lighting along couldn't hurt Dante, all he needs to do is take The Blade from Zeus and chop his head off.
I'm down with that.

Gumachi
It just destroyed his form, making him too weak to stay in the mortal realm which sent him back into hell. Thats a good enough explanation, we cant assume it seals anyone and everyone just because it destroyed Mundus.

Whats Majin form? if your talking about the form Dante uses in DMC2 when hes on low health then its featless and is worthless in the debate.

It sealed Mundus, where does it say it made him weak? It sealed him, if it destroyed Mundus he wouldn't be dead in DMC2, now wouldn't he?

Majin Form=Dante's True Form--So it would be like any other Devil Trigger.

Burning thought
Well he was already weak and stop saying things you cannot support, and it destroyed his mortal form sending him back to the hell he belongs. Also it didnt seal him at all, what claims this?

As i said, its featless.

Gumachi
Well he was already weak and stop saying things you cannot support, and it destroyed his mortal form sending him back to the hell he belongs. Also it didnt seal him at all, what claims this?

As i said, its featless.

Weak? No, The Titans must be twice as weak is thats in the case. He has no mortal form. You say alot of shit you can't support so don't be a hypocrite, okay remember in God of War II? When Zeus sealed the Titans in God of War II/Tartarus? It's not different that that, than it is from here. If he had no problem doing it to the God of The Underworld, it isn't any different him doing it to Zeus.

And as I said: "Majin Form=Dante's True Form--So it would be like any other Devil Trigger. "

Burning thought
Support? Titans have many more feats, Mundus has none.....
I support everything I say, and what I just said was not my statement, it was an example of how your assumption crap is not fact....its not even backed up.

Its completly diffrent because its actually stated in Gow of war 2 that Zeus imprisoned the Titans, It doesnt say Dantes "jackpot" (AKA just Ebony and Ivory charged up) imprisoned Mundus, show me where it does?

And dont even try to compare those pathetic DMC weapons to the blade of Olmypus.

Gumachi
Support? Titans have many more feats, Mundus has none.....
I support everything I say, and what I just said was not my statement, it was an example of how your assumption crap is not fact....its not even backed up.

Its completly diffrent because its actually stated in Gow of war 2 that Zeus imprisoned the Titans, It doesnt say Dantes "jackpot" (AKA just Ebony and Ivory charged up) imprisoned Mundus, show me where it does?

And dont even try to compare those pathetic DMC weapons to the blade of Olmypus.

Feats? No they don't. Only feats we have seen is Atlas & Cronos. Mundus has no feats? Lie. You support everything you say, how come in another thread you said: "I admit that I cannot prove it. ", yeah support everything you say my ass.

Completly different my ass, like I said it's no different than it is in DMC where Mundus is getting sealed, than it is with the Titans. Atleast in one of the dmcs it tells you how Sparda sealed the demonsaway.

Where did I try to compare? All of the weapons are better than some blade you can swing, Pandora is better than The blade of olympus along. As far as you know, don't try and say it's more powerful than all the weapons in DMC..

Burning thought
Well yeh, Atlas and Kronos, apart from the fact their pretty much similiar to other Titans and all of which are so large that a skyscraper is prob about as big as their hand...yet you still think Mundus is stronger lol

yeh, Sparda, not Dante.....in a diffrent way as well...

The Blade of Olmypus is far more powerful than Yamato, it wipes out armies, Yamato has done what? sliced a lump of rock in half lol....

Gumachi
Well yeh, Atlas and Kronos, apart from the fact their pretty much similiar to other Titans and all of which are so large that a skyscraper is prob about as big as their hand...yet you still think Mundus is stronger lol

yeh, Sparda, not Dante.....in a diffrent way as well...

The Blade of Olmypus is far more powerful than Yamato, it wipes out armies, Yamato has done what? sliced a lump of rock in half lol....

Never said he was stronger. Yeah I haven't seen any feats from any other Titan. It's not like the Gods wouldn't have gotten beat by the Titans if it wasn't for Fate.

So? Sparda sword sealed the entire demon world, whats your point? Wipe out an army? Ares did that, and thats suppost to impress me?

Burning thought
yes you are, you said before that if Mundus was weak, somehow the Titans are twice as weak, when in fact, One titan would accidently squash Mundus.

its more impressive than anything in DMC, Sparda had to fight his way through the demon army.....imagine if Zeus came along and did the same only with one swing of his sword....that would make Sparda pretty pathetic...take into account Zeus is enormous and with real feats for surviving several impalements from a weapon more powerful than any in DMC and he already makes DMC look pathetic.

Gumachi
1 Titan--King OF Titans was getting beat by Hades, and Atlas--The STRONGEST OF THE TITANS--was getting beat by Hades, if Hades beat him, why should the roman god of the underworld have problem? Theyarn't as big as Gods, probably no bigger than Mundus.

One swing of the sword? Lie. Look patheic? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, getting beat by a demigod who needed assistance go fight some Hydra. How do you know it's more powerful than the weapons in DMC? You don't you keep using the same one swing of a sword bs. Mundus is probably as big as Zeus: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Me85nLv7zk&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div, Nerosurvived getting impaled, Dante has survived as well and wasn't weakened, whats your point? And you still haven't showed it's more powerful, Dante along is more powerful than the Gods in GOW, yeah I said it, Zeus is nothing, Ares neither, Persephone/Morpheus could have took them out.

seal off

vt
make area inaccessible: to prevent people or things from entering or leaving a place, for example, by surrounding it or closing it securely
Police sealed off the area.

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

seal1

seal
n (plural seals)
1. tight or perfect closure: a closure that prevents the entrance or escape of something such as air or water, or a substance or device that forms such a closure

Encarta ® World English Dictionary © & (P) 1998-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Burning thought
Mundus is tiny and featless

Its more powerful because it has better feats by a long shot, most DMC weapons have none...

Gumachi
Lie--Zeus is no bigger, but aparently you didn't look at the video.

Lie.

Burning thought
no lies at all, everyone in this forum has seen Mundus and Zeus, Mundus is tiny in comparison, DMC weapons have no feats that come close the the Blade of Olmypus.

Gumachi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Me85nLv7zk&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div @ 2:19 LIE

dPc_G7gOto8

NOW your making sence.

First_Tsurugi06
Mundus at best is a few dozen feet in that video. Zeus in the fight was at least twice the size (all you saw was his upper body from a distance, which was still at least the same size as Mundus up close). Hell, the scene where he destroyed Sparta puts the debate to death. Zeus' LEG likely wouldn't fit in the room where Mundus could stand up.

Burning thought
hes not wrong, Gumachi stop with your nonsense, Zeus is prob about the size if not bigger then the Saviour, both could squash Mundus.

ThunderGodEneru
Gumachi.

You are without a doubt one of the biggest fanboys I have ever seen on this forum.

Gumachi
@BT: WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SIZE, OF COURSE YOU KNOW BIGGER DOESN'T ****ING MEAN BETTER.

@TGE: And? Like I give a shit. Who isn't a fanboy?

Final Blaxican
Most people.

Zack Fair
I'm a Blax fanboy biscuits

Gumachi
Originally posted by Charlotte DeBel
It was made under Altus and Capcom agreement (Capcom consulted Altus production team and that version of Dante was allowed by them), and Dante didn't demonstrate anything more there than he shows in DMC games powerwise. That game is just the ultimate show of which was stated in the end of DMC and DMC 2- than Dante has way surpassed his father's potential (his high demonic form in DMC 2 (Sparda form) was shortliving due to balance purposes but powerful enough to kill almost any enemy with a single energy blast) and becomes the strongest demon of his universe. DMC 2 is at about the same time as Nocturne and if you remember, Dante heads to Hell dimension to "clean" it. Nocturne explains how exactly that happens (though the RPG itself rather boring, we get to see Dante closer at its second half and main character is the f*cking emo Dante clearly outshines).

I think he wouldn't have a problem beating Zeus old ass. I also heard Dispair could wipe an entire universe clean of life.

Burning thought
@BT: WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SIZE, OF COURSE YOU KNOW BIGGER DOESN'T ****ING MEAN BETTER.

@TGE: And? Like I give a shit. Who isn't a fanboy?

Thing is, Zeus is not only massively bigger to a degree where it does matter, but Zeus is also better.

I think he wouldn't have a problem beating Zeus old ass. I also heard Dispair could wipe an entire universe clean of life.

The DMC fanboy forum? Despair is the most pathetic character and has ZERO feats

Gumachi
Thing is, Zeus is not only massively bigger to a degree where it does matter, but Zeus is also better.

The DMC fanboy forum? Despair is the most pathetic character and has ZERO feats

I find Mundus better imo, but Zeus' size isn't anything to Dante--of course. Not Mundus MIGHT be at Zeus' waist--MIGHT at the most, but he damn shure isn't a Titan to Mundus, that's for shure.

2.When I said "he" I meant Dante, if you didn't know. So? Explain him being: "The most powerful evil god to ever exist" then. He was better than The Fates smokin'

Burning thought
I find Mundus better imo, but Zeus' size isn't anything to Dante--of course. Not Mundus MIGHT be at Zeus' waist--MIGHT at the most, but he damn shure isn't a Titan to Mundus, that's for shure.

2.When I said "he" I meant Dante, if you didn't know. So? Explain him being: "The most powerful evil god to ever exist" then. He was better than The Fates smokin'

1. Erm, well Mundus is prob about as big as Zeuses leg at the most, and thats giving him credit.

2. Perhaps he was the most powerful in the DMC universe, but none of the GOW gods excist in that universe, nore does Christianities Satan. Also you claim he was better than the fates, what feats back this up?

Gumachi
1. Erm, well Mundus is prob about as big as Zeuses leg at the most, and thats giving him credit.

2. Perhaps he was the most powerful in the DMC universe, but none of the GOW gods excist in that universe, nore does Christianities Satan. Also you claim he was better than the fates, what feats back this up?

1. Maybe.

2.Well, Mundus=Pluto=Roman God of Underworld, so atleast Mundus is a God as Argosax and Sparda is. But so far Danteis the most powerful in his universe, I also forgot to mention when I say "Argosax" I mean Dispair. Theoretically Mundus is Satan--but let's not get into this.

http://www.devilmaycry2.com/dmc2/menu/bosses/despair.asp

Burning thought
1. Maybe.

2.Well, Mundus=Pluto=Roman God of Underworld, so atleast Mundus is a God as Argosax and Sparda is. But so far Danteis the most powerful in his universe, I also forgot to mention when I say "Argosax" I mean Dispair. Theoretically Mundus is Satan--but let's not get into this.

http://www.devilmaycry2.com/dmc2/menu/bosses/despair.asp

Ime sorry but hes not, not at all, hes a fictional character called Mundus, if he has simularities to Greek characters or Gods then thats fair and well but that does not make him that character, otherwise he would be named Pluto, and not Mundus.

Thats a guide listing, thats not a list of feats, thats a list of actions he can do in gameplay, which is pretty much all he shows up in.

Gumachi
Ime sorry but hes not, not at all, hes a fictional character called Mundus, if he has simularities to Greek characters or Gods then thats fair and well but that does not make him that character, otherwise he would be named Pluto, and not Mundus.

Thats a guide listing, thats not a list of feats, thats a list of actions he can do in gameplay, which is pretty much all he shows up in.

You don't have to be called a certain person to be that person. He is identified as Pluto, in one of the books your read. Pluto=Roman God of The Underworld, it's not known if he has the same powers as the Greek Gods or not.

"Mundus is Latin for "World", "Universe", or even "Underworld", depending on the context. I'm sure you noticed, as did I, that Mundus' "home" in the Underworld was fashioned after the Parthenon in Athens (A Greek temple dedicated to Athena, upon which every Roman and Greek temple was fashioned after). A God of the Underworld, who lives as a Greek (Zeus style beard, lightning bolts and everything!) and whose name means "Underworld" in their derived language. "

"Mundus is the DMC equivalent to Pluto. "

Burning thought
You don't have to be called a certain person to be that person. He is identified as Pluto, in one of the books your read. Pluto=Roman God of The Underworld, it's not known if he has the same powers as the Greek Gods or not.

"Mundus is Latin for "World", "Universe", or even "Underworld", depending on the context. I'm sure you noticed, as did I, that Mundus' "home" in the Underworld was fashioned after the Parthenon in Athens (A Greek temple dedicated to Athena, upon which every Roman and Greek temple was fashioned after). A God of the Underworld, who lives as a Greek (Zeus style beard, lightning bolts and everything!) and whose name means "Underworld" in their derived language. "

"Mundus is the DMC equivalent to Pluto. "

Yes you do, nothing calls him Pluto, nothing....he is not a Roman god, never stated to be one either.

I dont care if he or other entities in the DMC fiction have a lot of influenced sources, most characters have connections to Greek mythology or other fictions.

Mundus is simply a featless entity, youve not backed up any of your claims, and certainly none for Despair embodied either.

Gumachi

Burning thought
Thats not how it works in debates, you have to provide proof for your argument, nobody has to provide proof that your argument is wrong, not only is that not how debates work, but it does not make sense either.

As I said before, make some real arguments, with real evidence.

Gumachi
I just did. Mundus=Pluto, end of story hahahahahaha

Peach
Number one, regarding the "Mundus = Pluto" argument; you cannot prove a negative. Burden of proof falls on the person making the positive claim. And simple influence is not enough to definitively state something like that.

However, on the other hand, the ruling here is that the Greek pantheon from GoW is not portrayed differently enough from how they are in the actual mythology to be considered different characters and thus are not allowed here.

Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.