Justic leage vs The Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shane8874
??

psycho gundam
a.k.a. justice league vs dr. manhattan.

The Pict
Originally posted by psycho gundam

thumb up

It depends on the League members IMO. If someone like Dr Fate is there he can probably bfr Manhattan, or trap him in some obscure magic gem or whatever. Plus the League has experience dealing with beings like Manhattan.

On the other hand Manhattan seemed omnipotent, and I don't see him having trouble taking out every JLA'er in one way or another.

iceman24567
Well I personally believe a Gl would beat Manhattan for a majority and the rest are just canon foder for Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash but that's just me smile

The Pict
Originally posted by iceman24567
Well I personally believe a Gl would beat Manhattan for a majority and the rest are just canon foder for Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash but that's just me smile

How would they beat him? He seemed to know everything was happening/going to happen in the world. He'd probably know what the JLA was about to do. There didn't seem to be any limit to his powers.

iceman24567
Clock King can do that too its not that impressive when your dealing with Justice League. Manhattan can bfr though not sure if he's done it before depending on the League members he may have a chance.

shane8874
Well i dont know shit about the watchmen i just thought it would be a good argument lol

The Pict
Originally posted by shane8874
Well i dont know shit about the watchmen i just thought it would be a good argument lol

Well except for Manhattan they're all normal people and get utterly stomped. Even Rorschach who is badass gets the shit kicked out him.

psycho gundam
out of all the jla members, the green lantern is going to be the keystone player against manhattan, and a magician won't hurt either.

superman imo is only a distraction for dr. manhattan that might very well be teleported out of the fight.

iceman24567
Yeah I agree his teleportation ability will be the key his street level buddys will be a slight distraction for him to use. I think just about any good Gl would take Manhattan out.

shane8874
What can manhattan do thats so good? idk

The Pict
Originally posted by shane8874
What can manhattan do thats so good? idk

He knew everything that was going on, even what was happening on Earth while he was on the moon.
He seemed indestructible.
He said he could create life.
He might have had some reality warping powers, as he allowed the woman he was once in love with breath on moon.
He didn't really seem to have any limits on his powers to be honest.

But then I've been up all night and it's been a while since I read the full comic, so I can't remember everything.

Ozymandias discovered something that could mess with Manhattan,but he overcame it after a few seconds IIRC.

Edit: He knew what was going to happen in the future as well.
Edit: He could teleport vast distances, fromEarth to the moon and vice versa. That's like a quater of a million miles (roughly) I think.

jalek moye
Originally posted by The Pict
How would they beat him? He seemed to know everything was happening/going to happen in the world. He'd probably know what the JLA was about to do. There didn't seem to be any limit to his powers.
all though he knew what would happen, he couldn't react or prepare himself for it, his response was predetermined

Thorion
Manhattan has done nothing, ever.

JLA, 10/10.

BradBalboa
I give it to the JLA

jalek moye
i'm pretty sure manhattan would have no idea how to even react to an attack from any of the more powerful members of the team.

golem370
Not all Justice League members are super

Kris Blaze
Manhattan did nothing a regular herald couldn't do.

And while he was able to see what was going to happen in the future, he could not control or shape it. Hence why he referred to himself as a puppet who could see the strings.

jalek moye
Originally posted by golem370
Not all Justice League members are super
thats why i said the more power members, like superman, wonderwoman, green lantern would each be able to beat manhatten

The Pict
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Manhattan did nothing a regular herald couldn't do.

And while he was able to see what was going to happen in the future, he could not control or shape it. Hence why he referred to himself as a puppet who could see the strings.

Sure he couldn't control it but he'd still be able to react to it here. He's not in the comic, but a forum match up srug

Originally posted by jalek moye
thats why i said the more power members, like superman, wonderwoman, green lantern would each be able to beat manhatten

He would just reconstruct himself like he did in the comic. Still think it takes someone like Fate to permanently put Manhattan down.

Kris Blaze
Sure he couldn't control it but he'd still be able to react to it here. He's not in the comic, but a forum match up srug

But it's not that he chose not to react to it, it was that he couldn't. Dr.Manhattan might see what's going to happen, but he can't act on it. If he sees Hal shooting him with an energy blast he can't dodge it, he has to take it.

I still think no single character in the JL could take the majority from him. It's just that his "clairvoyance" won't work in his favour.

jalek moye

I still think no single character in the JL could take the majority from him.
why not all he showed was the abilty to regernerate his somtype of field breaking down. While i know they can't kill him, i'm pretty sure he still has the ability to be knocked out the same why other characters who can't die can.

Kris Blaze
why not all he showed was the abilty to regernerate his somtype of field breaking down. While i know they can't kill him, i'm pretty sure he still has the ability to be knocked out the same why other characters who can't die can.

One day you'll realize that being too strong for a single member of the justice league to knock out is a far cry from being impossible to knock out.

jalek moye
One day you'll realize that being too strong for a single member of the justice league to knock out is a far cry from being impossible to knock out.
what durabilty did he show that makes you think he can't be knocked out by any of the leuage members

Kris Blaze
what durabilty did he show that makes you think he can't be knocked out by any of the leuage members

I don't think you can knock him out.

jalek moye
I don't think you can knock him out.
why not

Kris Blaze
why not

That's the impression the Watchmen comic gave me, obviously.

MightyEInherjar
He knew everything that was going on, even what was happening on Earth while he was on the moon.
He seemed indestructible.
He said he could create life.
He might have had some reality warping powers, as he allowed the woman he was once in love with breath on moon.
He didn't really seem to have any limits on his powers to be honest.

But then I've been up all night and it's been a while since I read the full comic, so I can't remember everything.

Ozymandias discovered something that could mess with Manhattan,but he overcame it after a few seconds IIRC.

Edit: He knew what was going to happen in the future as well.
Edit: He could teleport vast distances, fromEarth to the moon and vice versa. That's like a quater of a million miles (roughly) I think.
Really, those are all things the Silver Surfer could do. I don't really see Dr. Manhattan as any higher than High Herald. Just my two cents.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by psycho gundam

You took the words right out of my mouth.

The question is who counts as being in the Justice League? Current only? Dr. Fate as his most powerful? If Dr. Fate is in it (and I mean the most powerful version), then its Dr. Fate vs. Dr. Manhatten.

On the other hand, I don't want to fall into the 'no limits' argument. They say Dr. Manhatten can do anything so he's omnipotent. No, I still think he's limited to feats on the level of what he actually did for versus purposes.

Premutos
Dr. Manhattan FTW.

Doctor-Alvis
But it's not that he chose not to react to it, it was that he couldn't. Dr.Manhattan might see what's going to happen, but he can't act on it. If he sees Hal shooting him with an energy blast he can't dodge it, he has to take it.

I still think no single character in the JL could take the majority from him. It's just that his "clairvoyance" won't work in his favour.
It's not that he can't dodge it, it's that he didn't dodge it.

Knowsbleed33
If we follow Manhattans power set to its logical conclusion, the JLA doesn't stand a chance. If we go by feats alone he could just BFR them all to Mars.

KingD19
Basically, he can see the future, but since he knows what's already happening, he just has to let it happen. If he saw superman shooting him with is heat beams, and he didn't dodge, then when the time comes, he won't be able to dodge. And Manhattan himself has stated that he isn't omnipotent, he really is just like a Watchmen version of a Herald of Galactus, he even resembles a blue Silver Surfer.

Silent Guardian
Manhattan solos

Slaanesh
from what i know of Dr. Manhattan..i think he can solo..

Silent Guardian
I have a question how many of the people here have actually read Watchmen? There is no team called "watchmen." There were two teams in the book, the Minutemen, which had those old vigilantes from the 1930s and 40s and the newer team called the Crimebusters, that had Dr. Manhattan and the others. And Dr. Manhattan was the only hero with any powers.

jalek moye
its funny that people think manhattan wins eaisly but most think that surfer would have trobule with superman

Silent Guardian
its funny that people think manhattan wins eaisly but most think that surfer would have trobule with superman
surfer would take Supes

Lord Feron

Supes would never have trouble with supes. wink

Slaanesh
yeah..cuz supes will be dead in second..how much trouble would you get when u r dead huh..

Grinning Goku
all though he knew what would happen, he couldn't react or prepare himself for it, his response was predetermined

Exactly. He knew his girlfriend would sleep with Nite Owl and told her as much, but when he "found out" he was pissed.

h1a8
Can Dr. Manhattan be koed? IDK much about watchmen.

jalek moye
Originally posted by h1a8
Can Dr. Manhattan be koed? IDK much about watchmen.
he wasnt in the novel. but he also didnt deal with any serious threats so its unknown. I'm assuming he can since most things can unless shown otherwise

Galan007
In retrospect, pretty much any team with actual super-powers would make the Watchmen look rather pathetic. As a few people have already mentioned, this may as well be "Dr. Manhattan vs. the JLA" - because every other one of the Watchmen would be swatted away like pathetic feebs.

Anyhow, the JLA takes this every single time. Dr. Manhattan is okay power wise, but he doesn't come remotely close to being a threat the JLA would be incapable of handling.

rorschach_beast
I dont think ANYTHING can kill him
He's able to reuce matter to sub atomic level
matter is ehat everything and everyone is amde of, includin superman
docter manhatton could wipe them out with a blink of an eye
he could even wipe out the whole world with a blink of an eye
since he can control matter

rorschach_beast
oh and doctor manhatton would be like the only threat to justic league, the rest would be brutally beaten
but i do think rorschach wouild be able to beat batman though, thats just my opinion
and ummm thats about, well of course doc manhatton
kill the whole team

the whole justic league unlimited couldnt even take down doomsday
so what makes u think they have a chance woth mahatton?

Bouboumaster
The only "Big" member I see him beat is Superman, due to his powerset.

A powerful GL would most likely beat his blue ass.

shiv
Ozymandius turns to face Manhattan... Manhattan raises an instant Force Field

Flash knocks himself unconscious.

Ozymandius: "don't tell me."
Manhattan: "I won't."

A Field Generated by Manhattan will give them sufficient time to take a long hard look at the enemy.

Thats how the Watchmen operate. Strategy First. Stomp Later.

naturally THE JLA will attack the shield.

From The Jla's energy projection Constructs and display of powers and abilities ALL the Watchmen will know this s no ordinary fight.

Ozymandius and Manhattan sharing a mindlink will scan the meta gene within a heartbeat. Within seconds of the fight starting All the Watchmen will have been evolved by Manhattan and Ozymandius into Daxamites or Other Omega beings.

While the Rest of The Watchmen continue scanning the Alien World Rorschach Gets restless and walks out of the field - Ignores everyone else, breaking every bone in Superman's body.. cause he's dressed like a fewl.

Meanwhile Batman has calculated that the probability of Defeating the Aliens in Physical combat is zero. Time for a last meal.

The Bat Calls for a Pizza

Rorschach's heightened senses pick up the call.. He approaches

he Speaks.

"hey make that extra pepperoni!!"

Batman Turns to face Rorschach with a Death Stare.

Rorschach.. nervously "Please?"

Batman: I already have BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Batman's satellite codenamed Pepperoni bfrs the Arena to The Source Wall.

Rorschach survives by leaping into the portal which opens for The Bat.

1 Year Later = The Batman Forms a New Justice league with Rorschach. wink

illadelph12
I'd actually take the Watchmen in this fight because Dr. Manhattan can, and has on panel, self replicated, and can therefore outnumber (and out gun) the JLA on his own via creating duplicates of himself.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by illadelph12
I'd actually take the Watchmen in this fight because Dr. Manhattan can, and has on panel, self replicated, and can therefore outnumber (and out gun) the JLA on his own via creating duplicates of himself.
That would be a plausible scenario.

Even the top GLs in the JLA would have a very tough time fending off dozens of Dr. Manhattans.

LDHZenkai
People are saying the GL would probably beat Manhattan. How? His own powers can't even kill him. He exist without a body and can reform one at will. And also, he chooses not to change the future. It's not that he can't, he just see's no reason to because he believes that's how it's supposed to happen. And GL ring vs someone who can teleport you into the center of the sun = outmatched.

rorschach_beast
Originally posted by shiv
Ozymandius turns to face Manhattan... Manhattan raises an instant Force Field

Flash knocks himself unconscious.

Ozymandius: "don't tell me."
Manhattan: "I won't."

A Field Generated by Manhattan will give them sufficient time to take a long hard look at the enemy.

Thats how the Watchmen operate. Strategy First. Stomp Later.

naturally THE JLA will attack the shield.

From The Jla's energy projection Constructs and display of powers and abilities ALL the Watchmen will know this s no ordinary fight.

Ozymandius and Manhattan sharing a mindlink will scan the meta gene within a heartbeat. Within seconds of the fight starting All the Watchmen will have been evolved by Manhattan and Ozymandius into Daxamites or Other Omega beings.

While the Rest of The Watchmen continue scanning the Alien World Rorschach Gets restless and walks out of the field - Ignores everyone else, breaking every bone in Superman's body.. cause he's dressed like a fewl.

Meanwhile Batman has calculated that the probability of Defeating the Aliens in Physical combat is zero. Time for a last meal.

The Bat Calls for a Pizza

Rorschach's heightened senses pick up the call.. He approaches

he Speaks.

"hey make that extra pepperoni!!"

Batman Turns to face Rorschach with a Death Stare.

Rorschach.. nervously "Please?"

Batman: I already have BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

Batman's satellite codenamed Pepperoni bfrs the Arena to The Source Wall.

Rorschach survives by leaping into the portal which opens for The Bat.

1 Year Later = The Batman Forms a New Justice league with Rorschach. wink

haha! good one wink
but besides from the joking part, the other sounds a bit rite
watchmen does use strtegy before attacking, unlike the justice league

oh and, how exactly can rorschach break every bone in supermans body
i think it would be the pther way around lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.