Wonder Woman vs. Mindless Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thorion
No weapons. No armour.

I say Hulk, every single time.

Kris Blaze
I say lulz.

Thorion
I see no rebuttal, therefore I shall assume that you are unable to formulate a decent counter-argument.

Probably because there isn't one.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Thorion
I see no rebuttal, therefore I shall assume that you are unable to formulate a decent counter-argument.

WW every time, KMC rules, in Comics hulk

Speed + Strength is the best combo against an mindless, superstrong and durable enemy. He would move in slow motion...

no expression

Thorion
She has the speed edge, but she isn't strong enough to hurt him.

Kris Blaze

Got any examples of Mindless Hulk not being hurt by punches from someone of her calibre?

The Pict

Off course she is. She tangles with characters just as durable as Hulk, and others with far more durability.

And he's not gonna land a punch on her.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by The Pict
Off course she is. She tangles with characters just as durable as Hulk, and others with far more durability.

And he's not gonna land a punch on her.

Yes. See the mod ruling on the WW vs the New FF thread in the final post before he closed it. In sum, no ignoring feats and characters will use everything they've got. Specifically stated characters will use their speed to full potential.

Wonder Woman has proven feats of interacting with/ fighting characters powered by the speedforce and moving at beyond lightspeed. By board rules where characters fight at their best and don't job for story considerations, he will never be able to hit her or withstand the barrage of punches he's going to take.

His strength isn't going to be relevant and the strength he showed in WWH is pretty much akin to Black Adam soloing the entire DCU in WWIII to begin with.

SupremeMan

Counter-argument to what? You gave no argument for why the Hulk would win.

fangirl101
This thread is a fail.

SoulDevourer
stalemate. she cant hurt him but he cant touch her

fangirl101
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
She's Hurt Konvict, Superman, Doomsday Clone, Amazo, Zoom, Captain Marvel, Captain Nazi, among others and you are saying she cant' hurt him?

jalek moye
mindless hulk would do worse then normal hulk

Spire
Hulk solos.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Spire
Hulk solos.

Upon closer look, this is a one vs. one, not a team fight. Whoever wins solos. eek!

SupremeMan
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

What sort of durability feats does he have, not strength? There's going to have to be a lot of durability since he isn't going to hit her and she will be hitting him at will lots and lots of times every second with punches that even Superman couldn't ignore.

fangirl101
Originally posted by jalek moye
mindless hulk would do worse then normal hulk He'd be dumb too. against a Superior thinking opponenent. He'd get Ko'd or Bfr'd really quick like.

Spire
Originally posted by SupremeMan
Upon closer look, this is a one vs. one, not a team fight. Whoever wins solos. eek!

O snap.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by jalek moye
mindless hulk would do worse then normal hulk

Agreed.

Though Mindless Hulk might get in a lucky hit since brutes are difficult to predict.

Spire
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Agreed.

Though Mindless Hulk might get in a lucky hit since brutes are difficult to predict.

Is MHulk's lucky hit enough to get him a win?

Kris Blaze
Is MHulk's lucky hit enough to get him a win?

Nah, not in my opinion.

Spire
thumb up

Lord Feron
WW 6/10. IMO Hulk is not going to get blitzed his reflexes are good. But i think for every 1 hit Hulk lands WW would like 3 or 4.

Again I'm not sure if WW can KO the Hulk (sure aint killing him).

A drawn out fight would not be wise for Diana.

Spire
Really?

1:3 ratio.....

Lord Feron
Really?

1:3 ratio.....

maybe more who knows. I just don't think it would be a hail of punches.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Lord Feron
maybe more who knows. I just don't think it would be a hail of punches. This is exactly what it would be like.
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/16/1228635_787x1238.jpg

OneDumbG0
^ Is there any concrete way to measure how fast her punches are going? Does the prior page or the rest of the fight give you any sense of how fast she is actually punching?

On it's face and taken alone, that scan is probably the weakest one in Wonderwoman's Speed section. Spiderman has illustrations that look exactly like that. With panel-to-panel comparisons, Quicksilver is illustrated to look much faster than that.

fangirl101
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Is there any concrete way to measure how fast her punches are going? Does the prior page or the rest of the fight give you any sense of how fast she is actually punching?

On it's face and taken alone, that scan is probably the weakest one in Wonderwoman's Speed section. Spiderman has illustrations that look exactly like that. With panel-to-panel comparisons, Quicksilver is illustrated to look much faster than that. To the below average comic book reader it would be. But the vibrations drawn behind her opponent let's us know that he's infact being punched at Speed enough to create vibrations. At least the speed of sound punches. So much for the below average posters around here. I happen to not be one of them. Hence why the scan is one of the STRONGEST in her speed section.

OneDumbG0
^ Lil squiggly vibration lines = at least speed of sound punches? laughing out loud

I'ma go find a Spiderman scan that shows lil squiggly vibration lines and use it in Spiderman vs. Wolverine debates that Spiderman has superspeed now. /sarcasm

Seriously. Without any concrete frame of evidence and especially when compared to her other speed feats, that is definitely one of the weakest.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by fangirl101
This is exactly what it would be like.
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2008/10/23/01/16/1228635_787x1238.jpg

laughing who the hell is that? Anyway Hulk is gonna take alot of punches but he is not going down like that chump. He is gonna take the puches without feeling most of it. It's mindless hulk. He'll take a few and be like "fu*k off!" and punch and send WW into a crater but Diana be back and do that same.

I really don't believe WW is going to punch Mindless Hulk into submission. He would be growing in strength and speed and regenerate and damage he is sustaining faster and faster.

WW is going to have to rip his head off or something.

By the way this is the same hulk that ripped open Onslaught. So give him some credit he aint some Blue A-rod.

fangirl101
^ Lil squiggly vibration lines = at least speed of sound punches? laughing out loud

I'ma go find a Spiderman scan that shows lil squiggly vibration lines and use it in Spiderman vs. Wolverine debates that Spiderman has superspeed now. /sarcasm

Seriously. Without any concrete frame of evidence and especially when compared to her other speed feats, that is definitely one of the weakest.
You are new around these parts aren't you? Let's get something straight, You won't find Spiderman Punching Someone drawn like that. You'll likely find him swinging his arms in a arc. Easier to do and that also shows movement. She's punching str8 forward. Different kind of momentum and also means she's pulling back and launching forward. Spiderman almost always swings his punches in arcs. Thus the drawing of his "superspeed" is suspect. At any rate, the guy is vibrating. So much so that he can't even react. Definitely Superspeed. And if you pay attention to the respect thread, it was specifically posted becuz people said she couldn't launch multiple attacks. Even given her history of swinging her arms at light speeds in defense. It's one of the strongest becuz it dispells myths about her ability to launch multiple image attacks. I'm done with you. Go hide.

OneDumbG0
^ A-"Roid".

fangirl101
laughing who the hell is that? Anyway Hulk is gonna take alot of punches but he is not going down like that chump. He is gonna take the puches without feeling most of it. It's mindless hulk. He'll take a few and be like "fu*k off!" and punch and send WW into a crater but Diana be back and do that same.

I really don't believe WW is going to punch Mindless Hulk into submission. He would be growing in strength and speed and regenerate and damage he is sustaining faster and faster.

WW is going to have to rip his head off or something.

By the way this is the same hulk that ripped open Onslaught. So give him some credit he aint some Blue A-rod. Wondy would punch with no hesitation or pulling back with the Hulk. The point I was showing was that She would punch hulk dozens if not hundreds of times for everyone that he lands.

OneDumbG0
You are new around these parts aren't you? Let's get something straight, You won't find Spiderman Punching Someone drawn like that. You'll likely find him swinging his arms in a arc. Easier to do and that also shows movement. She's punching str8 forward. Different kind of momentum and also means she's pulling back and launching forward. Spiderman almost always swings his punches in arcs. Thus the drawing of his "superspeed" is suspect. At any rate, the guy is vibrating. So much so that he can't even react. Definitely Superspeed. And if you pay attention to the respect thread, it was specifically posted becuz people said she couldn't launch multiple attacks. Even given her history of swinging her arms at light speeds in defense. It's one of the strongest becuz it dispells myths about her ability to launch multiple image attacks. I'm done with you. Go hide. Been here far longer than you have. If I post a scan of Spiderman punching where his arms are blurred and there are squiggly line vibrations and the opponent cannot react, will you concede that either: 1) Spiderman has comparable punching speed as Wonderwoman; or 2) the above scan, as it stands alone, is no real frame of reference for how fast she is actually punching, much less superspeed. Say yes or no. I'll not waste my time proving what is obvious to you unless you answer yes. If you answer no or dodge the question, then I think everyone will know (if they already don't) just how confident you really are when it comes to judging what superspeed feats really look like.

Lord Feron
To the below average comic book reader it would be. But the vibrations drawn behind her opponent let's us know that he's infact being punched at Speed enough to create vibrations. At least the speed of sound punches. So much for the below average posters around here. I happen to not be one of them. Hence why the scan is one of the STRONGEST in her speed section.

THe way things are drawn is in no way be used to measure speed. Artist draw all draw a little differently. Yes you can see they are fast but it's almost never quantifiable. Hell most comic book characters are drawn as if they were fast... how fast your guest is as good as mine. Also if say Batman was drawn to punch someone out multiple times it would be drawn the same way is Supes punched someone out.

It's like Oh man see how that person had a very exaggerated yelll why this guy punched him and the other guy punched him to but he didn't yell as much. Must mean he didn't inflict as mush damage or pain. He must be weaker... See thats completely nonsensical.

OneDumbG0
^ He gets it.

So... yes or no, Fangirl101?

Kris Blaze
You are new around these parts aren't you? Let's get something straight, You won't find Spiderman Punching Someone drawn like that.

- You're supposed to be new around here.

- If you go check out Spider-man's fight with Hulk-monster that was composed of 13 mobsters, you'll see a scene almost exactly like that one.

fangirl101
THe way things are drawn is in no way be used to measure speed. Artist draw all draw a little differently. Yes you can see they are fast but it's almost never quantifiable. Hell most comic book characters are drawn as if they were fast... how fast your guest is as good as mine. Also if say Batman was drawn to punch someone out multiple times it would be drawn the same way is Supes punched someone out.

It's like Oh man see how that person had a very exaggerated yelll why this guy punched him and the other guy punched him to but he didn't yell as much. Must mean he didn't inflict as mush damage or pain. He must be weaker... See thats completely nonsensical.
Um, You also have to take the character's power set and history into account. We don't just ask if the flash punches at superspeed cuz it's not said in a text bubble. We know he is becuz he's got superspeed. Wondy has the speed of hermes and has been shown for like 65 years to move her arms at FTL speeds when called for. Plus the guy is freaking vibrating. You think you are gonna make someone vibrate without punching them at superspeeds?

fangirl101
Been here far longer than you have. If I post a scan of Spiderman punching where his arms are blurred and there are squiggly line vibrations and the opponent cannot react, will you concede that either: 1) Spiderman has comparable punching speed as Wonderwoman; or 2) the above scan, as it stands alone, is no real frame of reference for how fast she is actually punching, much less superspeed. Say yes or no. I'll not waste my time proving what is obvious to you unless you answer yes. If you answer no or dodge the question, then I think everyone will know (if they already don't) just how confident you really are when it comes to judging what superspeed feats really look like.
Your entire post means nothign since Spiderman does have superspeed. He's 40 times faster than a normal person.

OneDumbG0

- If you go check out Spider-man's fight with Hulk-monster that was composed of 13 mobsters, you'll see a scene almost exactly like that one. .........

You...

... you stole my thunder...

HAVE AT THEE!!!!11111 bash

fangirl101

- If you go check out Spider-man's fight with Hulk-monster that was composed of 13 mobsters, you'll see a scene almost exactly like that one.
Doesn't spiderman have superspeed to some degree? His reflexes are some where around 40 times a normal person's? So why are we using spiderman. And even then, Spiderman usually punches in an arc, which drawn, can give a very different impression than launching and pulling back and launching repeated attacks. We also know that Spiderman and Wondy both have SS. So the point is moot.

fangirl101

You...

... you stole my thunder...

HAVE AT THEE!!!!11111 bash
Nice attempt at a dodge. I suppose then, it's reasonable for me to assume you posted that scan to prove that Wonderwoman can punch at least as fast as Spiderman does. Fine. I'ma go see if Cap has some blurred effect, squiggly line vibration, opponent-can't-react scans and we'll see if I can now reduce that above scan to a Cap level H2H feat. You can try all you want. Cap as it is established does NOT have Superspeed. He has Above average reflexes and skill but not Superspeed. Any punches drawn in that matter would probably be relative to someone who was on his level.

OneDumbG0
^ That's not the point. You're using that to prove that she can punch at superspeed, without any verifiable frame of reference simply because of the way it's drawn. What everybody is pointing out to you is that any relatively swift character can be illustrated like that and not have superspeed. Therefore, without a verifiable frame of reference, that is, at best, a weak scan of Wonderwoman's superspeed.

fangirl101
^ That's not the point. The point is, Wondy does have SS, and is shown to be able to move her arms that fast. The only point of the scan was to show that she has launched multiple attacks using her speed. We dont' have to know what speed she was attacking since we do know the upper limits of her capacity to swing her arms. Just like we know cap's and Spiderman's. You've lost.

OneDumbG0
^ It amuses me that you perceive this to be some sort of contest with me. It's a simple discussion. And you're self-serving reasoning doesn't convince me that the above scan is anything other than a vague illustration of Wonderwoman pummeling an opponent. it could be at Cap's speed or Spiderman's speed or Quicksilver's speed or Flash's speed. On it's own it's a weak scan.

And based on your overall assessment of Thor's superspeed, it's a disingenuous offering of proof. It's proven that Thor can move his arms around at superspeeds and yet I don't see you accepting scans where Thor is shown trapping Quicksilver or entrenching lava in blurs. Maybe I'm being unfair. I don't think I've asked you about them. Since we know Thor can move his arms that fast, are those scans good enough, on their own based on how they're illustrated, for you to hold out to other people as evidence of Thor's superspeed?

fangirl101
^ It amuses me that you perceive this to be some sort of contest with me. It's a simple discussion. And you're self-serving reasoning doesn't convince me that the above scan is anything other than a vague illustration of Wonderwoman pummeling an opponent. it could be at Cap's speed or Spiderman's speed or Quicksilver's speed or Flash's speed. On it's own it's a weak scan.

And based on your overall assessment of Thor's superspeed, it's a disingenuous offering of proof. It's proven that Thor can move his arms around at superspeeds and yet I don't see you accepting scans where Thor is shown trapping Quicksilver or entrenching lava in blurs. Maybe I'm being unfair. I don't think I've asked you about them. Since we know Thor can move his arms that fast, are those scans good enough, on their own based on how they're illustrated, for you to hold out to other people as evidence of Thor's superspeed? I've already stated that I believe Thor has Superspeed. But we do know that his capacity isn't as high for speed as say QS or Spiderman. It's all about what we already know about the characters that makes the scans important. I know that CA can't move his arms as fast as QS. So I don't need the text to tell me he's not punching at the speed of sound. Logic dictates that.

OneDumbG0
I've already stated that I believe Thor has Superspeed. But we do know that his capacity isn't as high for speed as say QS or Spiderman. It's all about what we already know about the characters that makes the scans important. I know that CA can't move his arms as fast as QS. So I don't need the text to tell me he's not punching at the speed of sound. Logic dictates that. Thor can raise his arms, after a telepathic blast has been fired and is travelling at him and deflect it. Quicksilver can't do that. Correct?

Philosophía
Didn't Quicksilver dodge telepathic blasts from Exodus, or am I mis-remembering it ?

OneDumbG0
^ I specifically remember a panel of him geting owned by a telepathic blast by Exodus in Bloodties when he rushes to retrieve Luna when they're all in the sewers in Genosha.

iceman24567
^ I specifically remember a panel of him geting owned by a telepathic blast by Exodus in Bloodties when he rushes to retrieve Luna when they're all in the sewers in Genosha. laughing out loud

fangirl101
Thor can raise his arms, after a telepathic blast has been fired and is travelling at him and deflect it. Quicksilver can't do that. Correct? And QS can run at 700 mph. Your point? Thor may have Godly senses and reaction times. And enough speed to deflect said blast. But who says he's fast enough to do it repeatedly at rapid fire. Which is something only a speedster could do.

SoulDevourer
She's Hurt Konvict, Superman, Doomsday Clone, Amazo, Zoom, Captain Marvel, Captain Nazi, among others and you are saying she cant' hurt him? ow u mean cause pain? yeah MAYBE (but u know this is mindless hulk right?)
but she cant injure him. if hes pissed enuff even ADAMANTIUM claws cant hurt Hulk so how dyou figure shes gonna hurt him with her fists? ^^
btw Hulk has fought ppl with superspeed before. if he catches her (yeah thats a big IF) shes, uh, screwed

Philosophía
^ I specifically remember a panel of him geting owned by a telepathic blast by Exodus in Bloodties when he rushes to retrieve Luna when they're all in the sewers in Genosha.

I just checked, and it's when Quicksilver was amped by Isotop E and was dodging psionic blasts while fighting Exodus. Nevermind then, go on.

OneDumbG0
And QS can run at 700 mph. Your point? Thor may have Godly senses and reaction times. And enough speed to deflect said blast. But who says he's fast enough to do it repeatedly at rapid fire. Which is something only a speedster could do. My point's been proven. Either way, doing something repeatedly at rapid fire does not govern solely whether someone has superspeed. However, for you: You believe that if someone can move their arms at superspeed, that fact, in and of itself, is enough context to suggest that whenever we see the person attack in a flurry of punches, it must be at superspeeds. Even though it's an isolated instance.

Thus, by your standards: Since we've already determined that Thor can move his arms at superspeeds, if I show you scans of Thor repeatedly pounding on something with Mjolnir in a single panel and that thing is vibrating with squiggly lines, is that enough for you to be convinced that Thor can attack with Mjolnir strikes at superspeeds?

Draco69
"No weapons, no armour"

Waitaminute.

WW's entire costume is armour.

She has to fight naked?

no expression

Philosophía
Originally posted by Draco69
"No weapons, no armour"

Waitaminute.

She has to fight naked?

no expression

She's lucky she isn't fighting Ultimate Hulk.

Kris Blaze
YOU TELL HULK WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT MEN WHO EAT TOFU!!!

OneDumbG0
^ Loeb needs to die.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Draco69
"No weapons, no armour"

Waitaminute.

She has to fight naked?

no expression

This could be more interesting than I thought.

Raoul

fangirl101
My point's been proven. Either way, doing something repeatedly at rapid fire does not govern solely whether someone has superspeed. However, for you: You believe that if someone can move their arms at superspeed, that fact, in and of itself, is enough context to suggest that whenever we see the person attack in a flurry of punches, it must be at superspeeds. Even though it's an isolated instance.

Thus, by your standards: Since we've already determined that Thor can move his arms at superspeeds, if I show you scans of Thor repeatedly pounding on something with Mjolnir in a single panel and that thing is vibrating with squiggly lines, is that enough for you to be convinced that Thor can attack with Mjolnir strikes at superspeeds? I'm pretty tired of you. So here is a way to shut you up. If flash or zoom or superman were drawn attacking someone just like wondy is drawn then should it lso have to be stated that they r attacking at superspeed or should we as intelligent comic readers know better given the characters powera and abilities?

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

SupremeMan
My point's been proven. Either way, doing something repeatedly at rapid fire does not govern solely whether someone has superspeed. However, for you: You believe that if someone can move their arms at superspeed, that fact, in and of itself, is enough context to suggest that whenever we see the person attack in a flurry of punches, it must be at superspeeds. Even though it's an isolated instance.

Thus, by your standards: Since we've already determined that Thor can move his arms at superspeeds, if I show you scans of Thor repeatedly pounding on something with Mjolnir in a single panel and that thing is vibrating with squiggly lines, is that enough for you to be convinced that Thor can attack with Mjolnir strikes at superspeeds?

So this isn't really about who would win now but about what level of speed WW has or at least about what a specific scan proves?

OneDumbG0
^ I'm commenting about a scan that was posted for the proposition that Wonderwoman would take down Mindless Hulk in a hail of punches in the way that Power-Trip was.
I'm pretty tired of you. So here is a way to shut you up. If flash or zoom or superman were drawn attacking someone just like wondy is drawn then should it lso have to be stated that they r attacking at superspeed or should we as intelligent comic readers know better given the characters powera and abilities? Yes. For Flash, Zoom and Superman respectively. For Wonderwoman, no. Your attempt to reframe your argument is misleading. Whether or not it's on purpose doesn't even matter. Flash, Zoom and Superman have dozens of feats where they are drawn attacking someone in the fashion that Wonderwoman was drawn. And many of those feats also involve a verifiable reference point, e.g. "I punch him 1000 times in a second. He doesn't go down."

That's very different from the Wonderwoman scan which has no verifiable reference point and is an isolated instance. I don't even know how powerful her foe Power-Trip is, such that I would have at least some contextual frame of reference to extrapolate how fast she ought to be punching, as opposed to how fast she actually is punching. I still think you could interpret it as her punching at Flash speeds or Quicksilver speeds or Spiderman speeds or Cap speeds. You initially seemed to have characterized it as Flash speeds, although you've now lowered that down to Quicksilver speeds. And considering that it's Quicksilver speeds now, I must return again to my original assessment that it is a weak scan of Wonderwoman's superspeed since she has better feats than that.

I can show you a scan of Savage Hulk catching a tank shell in his hands and twisting his body around without losing any of the shell's momentum or speed and flinging it back in one deft motion with ease as narrated by caption. Seriously. What kind of relative superspeed would you need for that? Supersonic? Let's assume this is an isolated instance (which it's not). Is that single instance with a verifiable frame of reference, knowing that throughout Hulk's career he has surprised all manner of foes with his speed and beaten obvious speedsters, enough for you to take it at face value that it was a superspeed feat? Yes? No? Dodge question again?

Oh, that's right. Let me point out again, you just simply refuse to answer my simple "yes, no" questions. Dodge city. But since you thought your own question was so cleverly built to corner me, and I answered yours, let me turn it around: "If Thor or Silver Surfer were drawn attacking someone just like wondy is drawn then should it lso have to be stated that they r attacking at superspeed or should we as intelligent comic readers know better given the characters powera and abilities?"

Question's sort of moot though. I already know your answer. According to you, Thor isn't even capable of superspeed past Spiderman. So either you haven't read much Thor or you're applying a double-standard. And that's the point of this conversation. Because even if I were to show you microsecond speed feats from Thor, or directly quantifiable and verifiable superspeed feats that require Spiderman+ speed, folks like you don't accept them.

And yet on the other hand, an ambiguous, unverifiable, Spiderman-esq scan may be enough for you to place Wonderwoman's attack speed on Flash's level. Preposterous. What's even more revealing is that you actually admit that Thor has godly senses and reflexes and can actually block a telepathic blast after it's been fired... but he isn't faster than Spiderman? How can you possibly come up with such a conclusion?

But it's not like this is even the worst of it. Not even close. Because there's still ideas that float about that Doomsday and Lobo must have superspeed simply because they've fought Superman and landed hits on him and Superman thinks, "He's faster than he looks and took me by surprise!" Whereas Thor could punk Hermes in one deft move and it's dismissed because psshh... screw dat, I think Thor's slower than Spiderman. Darkseid says that he needs to press a button in a microsecond to avoid calamity and voila! it's proof of superspeed, but Silver Surfer says he needs to escape something in a nanosecond and psshh... wtf, Surfer was only hyperbolizing.

Wall o text = painful. Painstakingly pointing out the obvious hypocrisies in a manner that even the most intransigient should be able to understand = more painful. This should be obvious. I shouldn't have to lay it out like it's rocket science, because it's not. It's just as simple as taking double-standards in an argument.

Mekrob
Woah!

And I'm not talking about the content in your post (seeing as I didn't read it).

OneDumbG0
^ I don't hold it against you. stick out tongue

james2099
^ I'm commenting about a scan that was posted for the proposition that Wonderwoman would take down Mindless Hulk in a hail of punches in the way that Power-Trip was.
Yes. For Flash, Zoom and Superman respectively. For Wonderwoman, no. Your attempt to reframe your argument is misleading. Whether or not it's on purpose doesn't even matter. Flash, Zoom and Superman have dozens of feats where they are drawn attacking someone in the fashion that Wonderwoman was drawn. And many of those feats also involve a verifiable reference point, e.g. "I punch him 1000 times in a second. He doesn't go down."

That's very different from the Wonderwoman scan which has no verifiable reference point and is an isolated instance. I don't even know how powerful her foe Power-Trip is, such that I would have at least some contextual frame of reference to extrapolate how fast she ought to be punching, as opposed to how fast she actually is punching. I still think you could interpret it as her punching at Flash speeds or Quicksilver speeds or Spiderman speeds or Cap speeds. You initially seemed to have characterized it as Flash speeds, although you've now lowered that down to Quicksilver speeds. And considering that it's Quicksilver speeds now, I must return again to my original assessment that it is a weak scan of Wonderwoman's superspeed since she has better feats than that.

I can show you a scan of Savage Hulk catching a tank shell in his hands and twisting his body around without losing any of the shell's momentum or speed and flinging it back in one deft motion with ease as narrated by caption. Seriously. What kind of relative superspeed would you need for that? Supersonic? Let's assume this is an isolated instance (which it's not). Is that single instance with a verifiable frame of reference, knowing that throughout Hulk's career he has surprised all manner of foes with his speed and beaten obvious speedsters, enough for you to take it at face value that it was a superspeed feat? Yes? No? Dodge question again?

Oh, that's right. Let me point out again, you just simply refuse to answer my simple "yes, no" questions. Dodge city. But since you thought your own question was so cleverly built to corner me, and I answered yours, let me turn it around: "If Thor or Silver Surfer were drawn attacking someone just like wondy is drawn then should it lso have to be stated that they r attacking at superspeed or should we as intelligent comic readers know better given the characters powera and abilities?"

Question's sort of moot though. I already know your answer. According to you, Thor isn't even capable of superspeed past Spiderman. So either you haven't read much Thor or you're applying a double-standard. And that's the point of this conversation. Because even if I were to show you microsecond speed feats from Thor, or directly quantifiable and verifiable superspeed feats that require Spiderman+ speed, folks like you don't accept them.

And yet on the other hand, an ambiguous, unverifiable, Spiderman-esq scan may be enough for you to place Wonderwoman's attack speed on Flash's level. Preposterous. What's even more revealing is that you actually admit that Thor has godly senses and reflexes and can actually block a telepathic blast after it's been fired... but he isn't faster than Spiderman? How can you possibly come up with such a conclusion?

But it's not like this is even the worst of it. Not even close. Because there's still ideas that float about that Doomsday and Lobo must have superspeed simply because they've fought Superman and landed hits on him and Superman thinks, "He's faster than he looks and took me by surprise!" Whereas Thor could punk Hermes in one deft move and it's dismissed because psshh... screw dat, I think Thor's slower than Spiderman. Darkseid says that he needs to press a button in a microsecond to avoid calamity and voila! it's proof of superspeed, but Silver Surfer says he needs to escape something in a nanosecond and psshh... wtf, Surfer was only hyperbolizing.

Wall o text = painful. Painstakingly pointing out the obvious hypocrisies in a manner that even the most intransigient should be able to understand = more painful. This should be obvious. I shouldn't have to lay it out like it's rocket science, because it's not. It's just as simple as taking double-standards in an argument. I read your post and i must say that... YOU ARE THE MAN. VERY NICE!!!!

tdazz
Yes. For Flash, Zoom and Superman respectively. For Wonderwoman, no. Your attempt to reframe your argument is misleading. Whether or not it's on purpose doesn't even matter. Flash, Zoom and Superman have dozens of feats where they are drawn attacking someone in the fashion that Wonderwoman was drawn. And many of those feats also involve a verifiable reference point, e.g. "I punch him 1000 times in a second. He doesn't go down."

Wall o text = painful. Painstakingly pointing out the obvious hypocrisies in a manner that even the most intransigient should be able to understand = more painful. This should be obvious. I shouldn't have to lay it out like it's rocket science, because it's not. It's just as simple as taking double-standards in an argument. thumb up

SupremeMan

Wall o text = painful. Painstakingly pointing out the obvious hypocrisies in a manner that even the most intransigient should be able to understand = more painful. This should be obvious. I shouldn't have to lay it out like it's rocket science, because it's not. It's just as simple as taking double-standards in an argument.

Very well thought out post. While I certainly think WW has lightspeed combat at her optimal level from other evidence I admit you can't get that from this scan.

My personal method is to take the highest feats that have been performed enough times to be able to say they aren't way off the scale for that character, look at the context and judge it from there. You always are only going to be able to judge within a general ballpark. Batman avoids bullets. Is he capable of moving at Mach speed or is he moving before the shot is fired and making himself a difficult target? If the Hulk catches a missile, he clearly can react and move his arm at x speed, whatever the speed of the missile may be.

My only argument in this speed debate has been that we have a character, WW, who has feats of lightspeed or thereabouts, let's not quibble just yet about + or - how many times, and we have a creature, the Hulk, who reacts at mach speed at best. Overwhelming difference. I'm just saying that, once you shut off PIS and everybody does their best, Mach speeder vs. light speeder is like the Tortoise vs. the Hare except substituting a statue for the Tortoise.

In fairness, the difference between the Flash and WW may be equally overwhelming.

fangirl101
That wall of text sucked. And I have never given a numerical value to wondys attack in the scan. So u failed at a miserable attempt. My only point was that she can and has done it. Who cares the exact numerical value. I've already proven at her optimal she can move her arms at ftl. Anyone who is too dense to put 2 and 2 together to come up with four isn't worth anymore time.

fangirl101
And the nerve of some to say that one cannot extrapolate wondys max attack speed given her 65 year history of moving her arms that fast. Some haters r starting to irk me. Ur thor and surfer examples fail becuz niether have years and years of feats moving their arms in that fashion. That wall of text should be shredded and retried. Come up with something better. As long as wondy has comparible feats in arm movements I'm certainly in the right to say she attacked at super speeds. Given punching and blocking r nearly identical in her case.

OneDumbG0
That wall of text sucked. And I have never given a numerical value to wondys attack in the scan. So u failed at a miserable attempt. My only point was that she can and has done it. Who cares the exact numerical value. I've already proven at her optimal she can move her arms at ftl. Anyone who is too dense to put 2 and 2 together to come up with four isn't worth anymore time. Thor can move his arms ftl. Yet according to you, he's slower than Spiderman. When a persons says 2+2=4... and then turns right around and says 3+3=2, I don't need a wall o text to tell you that kind of self-serving logic sucked.

fangirl101
Thor can move his arms ftl. Yet according to you, he's slower than Spiderman. When a persons says 2+2=4... and then turns right around and says 3+3=2, I don't need a wall o text to tell you that kind of self-serving logic sucked. ur use of thor sucks to me. Thor can react to light speed projectiles and bat them away. In order for him to have ftl speed he woukld have to be able to show continuous movement thus letting us know he's moving his arms at ftl. His reaction times are ftl as far as I can tell. But actual repetitive superspeed is not his mo. It is dianas. She has moved her arms repeatedly in the same manner as punching. So again ur wall of text sucked.

h1a8
Thor can move his arms ftl. Yet according to you, he's slower than Spiderman. When a persons says 2+2=4... and then turns right around and says 3+3=2, I don't need a wall o text to tell you that kind of self-serving logic sucked.

Thor can't move his arms FTL instantly.
He needs lots of time just to even move them light speed.

OneDumbG0
^ He needs 2 seconds to spin Mjolnir around for his best shot. Thor can obviously move his arms FTL instantly. Stating he can't when you've been shown a clear on-panel feat is trolling. Stop it.
ur use of thor sucks to me. Thor can react to light speed projectiles and bat them away. In order for him to have ftl speed he woukld have to be able to show continuous movement thus letting us know he's moving his arms at ftl. His reaction times are ftl as far as I can tell. But actual repetitive superspeed is not his mo. It is dianas. She has moved her arms repeatedly in the same manner as punching. So again ur wall of text sucked. Considering that it's easier for Thor to simply twirl his hammer around, there's no need for him to move Mjolnir around in a Wonderwoman-like fashion. Finding a scan like that wouldn't just be impossible, it'd be absolutely stupid to realistically expect. I do have scans that show him thundering Mjolnir down multiple times in a single panel and causing squiggly lil vibration lines. Although those are also few and far between since usually one mega-shot is more effective than a dozen peppering ones. I still have them though.

I also have a scan where he reacts in microseconds. I also have a scan that has him drop down from the sky, land and swing Mjolnir down to cause a shockwave across the city to stop a truck from hurting a person all in less than a second. I've got bunches of stuff. But you obviously won't accept them. And you weren't even paying attention. I'm not making fun of how little Thor you've actually read, I'm just proving a point: That scan is probably the weakest scan of Wonderwoman possessing superspeed you have. And for you to hold it up as a paragon example of superspeed is so illogical, that merely by asking you simple "yes, no" questions results in some of the most graceless dodging and unsightly equivocations.

You begin from a premise that Wonderwoman has all sorts of combat superspeed, use the background of her defensive superspeed and equate an ambiguous Spiderman-esq scan to being proof that she has Flash-like levels of punching superspeed. You brazenly do this and berate anybody who looks at such an isolated instance with skepticism. Then on the other hand, you start from a premise that Thor has little to no combat superspeed, use your limited and nearly absent background and assumes he only has reflexive superspeed and go on to completely dismiss even literal and unequivocal superspeed scans as hyperbole or Spiderman-lite.

How many missteps in logic do you make there? Assuming your conclusion? Check. Not reading up on the other character? Check. Double-standards? Check. Asking me to prove a negative? Check. Settling on an absurd result just to prevent yourself from conceding that you're wrong? Check.

fangirl101
again with the dumb thor logic. keep sticking to that. thor reacting at superspeed isnt a question. so why the hell r u bringing it up? and thor swinging the hammer has to do with strength and leverage as well. its a hammer swinging. its not like his arm is spinning the hammer. im pretty sick of ur crap attempt to demean the scan which was only shown to prove that wondy has attacked at superspeed. ur argument sucks to me becuz u r putting way too much into the minors and miaaing the point. diana uses ss all of the time in nearly every fight. so it would be idiotic to call into question her ability to strike at ss. the rest of ur post is gibberish since im not debating thors speed. i really dont care. u keep bringing him up in some dumb attempt to belittle dianas ability to launch a ss offensive. get over urself.

fangirl101
remeber u keep bringing up others in some dumb assed attempt to belittle my example of how dianas punches woukd be landing on the hulk. screw thor. he isnt the hulk. diana will land far more punches on hulk than he will land on her. which is the core of my statement. ur ridiculous wall of text to get away from that core statement is bothersome. thor can react and move to deflect light speed attacks. check. he can do fluid singular motions in seconds or less. check. im not debating. dont care. what he cannot do is repetitive movements thus he is not a speedster. as for this thread wondy has hulk beat on attack and reaction speed. all else fails to compute as its pretty much crap diana hate. im here blocking my arm and guess what? i can throw puncheas at the same rate. what do you know? i guess making a fist to block and making a fist to punch r not that different.

OneDumbG0
^ Thor dug trenches all over a mountain in a single panel to direct it's lava flows. Thor pounded Mjolnir into a great Asgardian column in a single panel. He has his "repetitive movement" feats. You just either forgot, didn't read it or ignore it altogether. I'd say I was one of the first ones to argue pro-Wonderwoman against Superman. No hate for her. Ad hominem.
again with the dumb thor logic. keep sticking to that. thor reacting at superspeed isnt a question. so why the hell r u bringing it up? and thor swinging the hammer has to do with strength and leverage as well. its a hammer swinging. its not like his arm is spinning the hammer. im pretty sick of ur crap attempt to demean the scan which was only shown to prove that wondy has attacked at superspeed. ur argument sucks to me becuz u r putting way too much into the minors and miaaing the point. diana uses ss all of the time in nearly every fight. so it would be idiotic to call into question her ability to strike at ss. the rest of ur post is gibberish since im not debating thors speed. i really dont care. u keep bringing him up in some dumb attempt to belittle dianas ability to launch a ss offensive. get over urself. Nah. Not really. Same statement as when I first posted in the thread. That scan is probably the weakest scan in there to support she has superspeed. At the same time, I was pointing out your double-standard with regards to Thor.

But also at the same time, I'm exposing your double-standard when it comes to a character like Darkseid. Darkseid has absolutely no established history of swinging his fists around in blurs or of moving his arms ftl to defend. But you cobble up Darkseid whizzing around with Orion in an arena being watched by people (which presupposes they're not blurs and not superfast), Darkseid catching a Clark Kent-ed Superman by surprise and a microsecond-thought-bubble as Darkseid having superspeed... You want to sincerely argue that Wonderwoman's superspeed is well-established? Who said it wasn't? But to characterize Thor's as not established enough when you simply haven't read much Thor? And then turn around and exhort Darkseid's superspeed which is far far far far less established? Who needs to get over themselves now?

fangirl101
epic fail. ds has superspeed becuz hes shown carching true speedsters totally off kilt. i also studied the orion series. every time superspeed was mentioned in text it was accompanied by the same style of speed lines. i guess u may need to try harder. and ds still isnt a true speedster. ive never once stated that ds can launch a multiple offensive with his fist. get over urself boo.

fangirl101
also **** thor. he isnt in this thread and has not a thing to do with it. ur sad attempt to derail the thread is bothersome to say the least.

OneDumbG0
^ Who cares about Thor? I've been resting on my opinion frm the very start, that scan you posted is the weakest example of Diana's superspeed because it's not verifiable how fast she's actually punching within the four corners of the scan.
epic fail. ds has superspeed becuz hes shown carching true speedsters totally off kilt. i also studied the orion series. every time superspeed was mentioned in text it was accompanied by the same style of speed lines. i guess u may need to try harder. and ds still isnt a true speedster. ive never once stated that ds can launch a multiple offensive with his fist. get over urself boo. Thor has caught true speedsters off-kilt. Again, you either forgot, didn't read it or just ignore it. FTL superspeed was not mentioned in the Orion fight-text. And it clearly shows people watching every single move they make as they dash around the arena. They even run out of the way when they come crashing into the stands. That proves they are not mere blurs and proves that they aren't moving at superspeeds that would render other people surrounding them like statues. Of course, you resort to the presence of speed lines as contrary proof. Cap and Spidey have far more speedlines then any character. Please.

What the hell else does stating that Darkseid has superspeed mean to anybody else reading such a statement? Boo... hoo? Stop crying. I can keep this up and overturn nearly every single damn thing you say because it's all predicated on the same self-serving logic you use when it suits your preconceived opinions.

fangirl101
let us get some things established. i dont give a **** about thors speed. really. i rarely argue against him as it is. so i dont see ur ****ing point..

thor isnt in this thread. please get off of his nuts. my scan posted was merely to uillustrate that diana woulkd be punching hulk far more than he her.

i have no idea what the hell ur stupid comments about ds or thor have to do with this thread. u r trolling anmd its obvious. and epic fail saying thor has caught true speedsters off kilt. like who? quickailver. lmao. catching superman is far more impressive that he didnt even see him move. u see superman not only has ss but also super senses, try and keep up.

alas ds has nothing to do with this thread either. so **** darksied too.

Badabing
ODG, make your point or get on topic.

FG, use the ignore or be more civil.

As for this thread........

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/8d721fca7dcccdce5632faebf3eca4ba339.gif

OneDumbG0
let us get some things established. i dont give a **** about thors speed. really. i rarely argue against him as it is. so i dont see ur ****ing point..Point: You stated Thor is slower than Spiderman. But your reasoning (if you sincerely carried it through) supports that Thor has superspeed. He has the ability to move his arms that fast, he has a history of superspeed and he has scans showing him doing "reptitive movements" with lil squiggly vibration lines and body blurs, etc. So how exactly is Thor slower than Spiderman? Or is your whole basis of reasoning completely flawed on it's own and only suits your preconceptions and not others'?
thor isnt in this thread. please get off of his nuts. my scan posted was merely to uillustrate that diana woulkd be punching hulk far more than he her.Point: Obviously. But as my first post states, that scan is the weakest scan you have to support she'd do it faster than Quicksilver could or the Starblaster's robot (which owned Nova and Northstar) could. And a brick like Konvikt, whose only feat against a speedster is PIS thunderstomping poor Wally can push Wonderwoman to her limits.
i have no idea what the hell ur stupid comments about ds or thor have to do with this thread. u r trolling anmd its obvious. and epic fail saying thor has caught true speedsters off kilt. like who? quickailver. lmao. catching superman is far more impressive that he didnt even see him move. u see superman not only has ss but also super senses, try and keep up.Point: Hermes. Deity of speed. Who was a match for Makkari the Eternal.
alas ds has nothing to do with this thread either. so **** darksied too. Point: **** the notion of Darkseid's superspeed. And I only used the line of reasoning you utilized to demean Thor's superspeed. That's irony.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Badabing
ODG, make your point or get on topic.

FG, use the ignore or be more civil.

As for this thread........

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/8d721fca7dcccdce5632faebf3eca4ba339.gif sorry. he is uber annoying. he is totally off topic. and isnt even responding ro my basic premise that diana woukd hit hulk far more than hulk would hit her.

fangirl101
Point: You stated Thor is slower than Spiderman. But your reasoning (if you sincerely carried it through) supports that Thor has superspeed. He has the ability to move his arms that fast, he has a history of superspeed and he has scans showing him doing "reptitive movements" with lil squiggly vibration lines and body blurs, etc. So how exactly is Thor slower than Spiderman? Or is your whole basis of reasoning completely flawed on it's own and only suits your preconceptions and not others'?
Point: Obviously. But as my first post states, that scan is the weakest scan you have to support she'd do it faster than Quicksilver could or the Starblaster's robot (which owned Nova and Northstar) could. And a brick like Konvikt, whose only feat against a speedster is PIS thunderstomping poor Wally can push Wonderwoman to her limits.
Point: Hermes. Deity of speed. Who was a match for Makkari the Eternal.
Point: **** the notion of Darkseid's superspeed. And I only used the line of reasoning you utilized to demean Thor's superspeed. That's irony. u have a learning disability? I do not care about thors speed. He isn't in the thread. Nor do I have a care about spiderman. Yes spiderman is faster than thor imo. He moves his entire body in superspeed movements. Not just one fluid act or arm swing. Ur point is dead. Get back on topic or get reported for trolling.

Badabing
ODG = warned.

FG, you're getting close.

OneDumbG0
^ By the way, your specific instructions were make my point or get on topic. So since I made my points on the arguments we were engaing in, I fail to see how I didn't heed your request. If your request was to make your point but only if it's on topic, that's what could have been communicated to me.

Since it is obvious what your request was subsequently because of the warning:
Point: Obviously. But as my first post states, that scan is the weakest scan you have to support she'd do it faster than Quicksilver could or the Starblaster's robot (which owned Nova and Northstar) could. And a brick like Konvikt, whose only feat against a speedster is PIS thunderstomping poor Wally can push Wonderwoman to her limits.

fangirl101
Wondy will punch hulk in rapid succession as I posted and he will be like the guyb in the scan. He isn't going to be able to react to her level of speed,strength, and skill.

OneDumbG0
^ How strong, durable and fast is this Power-Trip guy that makes that ambiguous scan so appropriately analagous to this fight? Has Power-Trip ever faced down a strong, fast and skilled opponent like Thor? Has Power-Trip ever three-shotted supersonic+ speedsters, who have in turn punked supersonic speedsters? How much faster is Konvikt, who took Wonderwoman to the limit when she had her weapons and armor, than a Mindless Hulk?

People never get used to Hulk's speed in any of his incarnations. It just belies his size and demeanor. For Wonderwoman to be able to not underestimate it presupposes she's smarter or more perceptive than guys who have fought Hulk countless times. And it's not like Wonderwoman doesn't come out of fights with bricks unscathed either. And these bricks don't even have Hulk's speed feats. Unless you can tell me that this particular Power-Trip dude is as strong, durable and fast as Hulk, it's a weak and ambiguous scan to use to assert that Wonderwoman does the same to Hulk.

fangirl101
^ How strong, durable and fast is this Power-Trip guy that makes that ambiguous scan so appropriately analagous to this fight? Has Power-Trip ever faced down a strong, fast and skilled opponent like Thor? Has Power-Trip ever three-shotted supersonic+ speedsters, who have in turn punked supersonic speedsters? How much faster is Konvikt, who took Wonderwoman to the limit when she had her weapons and armor, than a Mindless Hulk?

People never get used to Hulk's speed in any of his incarnations. It just belies his size and demeanor. For Wonderwoman to be able to not underestimate it presupposes she's smarter or more perceptive than guys who have fought Hulk countless times. And it's not like Wonderwoman doesn't come out of fights with bricks unscathed either. And these bricks don't even have Hulk's speed feats. Unless you can tell me that this particular Power-Trip dude is as strong, durable and fast as Hulk, it's a weak and ambiguous scan to use to assert that Wonderwoman does the same to Hulk. one would have to be terrible at understanding comics in order to try and do as much cramming as u did based off one scan. The scan is weak to the weak minded. Its not to be used as the totality of wondys feats. Merely an example of how ahe can launch multiple attacks. One woulkd have to be severly limited in intellect to think that wondy would punch power trip with the same force as she would the hulk. The scan isn't meant to show that that is all the force and speed she would need to beat the hulk. The totality of her feats are what is called into subject. Any moronic attempt at trying to use one scan as a linchpin of an argument on either side of the debate has failed. In this forum we will assume that diana will utilize all of her abilities to the best. There for ahe will not allow the hulk many attacks to land. In comics they pay attention to collatoral dmg. Which also plays into why they get hit. They also don't want to go zipping around faster than soud with civilians around. Please keep up with me dear. I'm on my cell and still I'm ahead of you. U r not thinking at all. Ur sad attempts to demean my scan or a post in my respect thread cloud ur debate. U focus so much on that sad tactic that you miss the forum rulkes. U forget about context and u look sad all at the same time.

Badabing
I can see the snide remarks, off topic posts and circular arguments are still happening. Here's the thing, both of you now have a warning. Learn when to stop, use the ignore or be civil and I won't have to give warnings or bans. I hope you're both happy, the thread's closed. If you 2 carry this over in another thread then a warning is the least of your problems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.