Survive Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fangirl101
Each of these Heroes Must Take 5 angry blast from Galactus. They get 5 mins in between each blast to some how survive. The blast will be of the same strength and diameter as the one he used to breach Thanos' Shields. They can evade if they are fast enough. They can block. Absorb. Even try and match the blast. But they cannot repeat the tactic once used. Big G will not release continuous blast as he did to Thanos. just a short fire blast. Who survives? Who comes close? How do they survive? Each Hero can call upon any and all of thier previous feats, weapons,and abilities to try and live. They how ever cannot use any items of power or external power ups that are not part of thier standard MO.

1. Black Bolt
2. Thor
3. Silver Surfer
4. Hulk
5. Flash
6 Quasar
7. Superman
8. Wonder Woman
9. Kyle Rayner
10. Gladiator
11. Takion
12. Orion

janus77
1. Black Bolt - dead
2. Thor - dead
3. Silver Surfer - survives (think A&T, UniLord)
4. Hulk - survives
5. Flash - dead
6 Quasar - dead
7. Superman - dead
8. Wonder Woman - dead
9. Kyle Rayner - dead
10. Gladiator - dead
11. Takion - dunno
12. Orion - dead

fangirl101
Originally posted by janus77
1. Black Bolt - dead
2. Thor - dead
3. Silver Surfer - survives (think A&T, UniLord)
4. Hulk - survives
5. Flash - dead
6 Quasar - dead
7. Superman - dead
8. Wonder Woman - dead
9. Kyle Rayner - dead
10. Gladiator - dead
11. Takion - dunno
12. Orion - dead
WHAT? LULZ. Thor can survive and has many more options than Surfer does. So does Wondy and Kyle. Geesh. I won't chime in my opinion just yet. But you gave no credit but for blantant favoritism.

Kris Blaze
Thor takes 1 hit.

Rest die instantly.

Priest
Thor Imo, has the best shot.
http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/8229/thor300315up.jpg

spawnwest
Can Flash vibrate through the blast to minimize the damage rate?

The Nuul
WW.

fangirl101
Originally posted by spawnwest
Can Flash vibrate through the blast to minimize the damage rate? he can use that as one of his five tactics.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by fangirl101
Each of these Heroes Must Take 5 angry blast from Galactus. They get 5 mins in between each blast to some how survive. The blast will be of the same strength and diameter as the one he used to breach Thanos' Shields. They can evade if they are fast enough. They can block. Absorb. Even try and match the blast. But they cannot repeat the tactic once used. Big G will not release continuous blast as he did to Thanos. just a short fire blast. Who survives? Who comes close? How do they survive? Each Hero can call upon any and all of thier previous feats, weapons,and abilities to try and live. They how ever cannot use any items of power or external power ups that are not part of thier standard MO.

1. Black Bolt
2. Thor
3. Silver Surfer
4. Hulk
5. Flash
6 Quasar
7. Superman
8. Wonder Woman
9. Kyle Rayner
10. Gladiator
11. Takion
12. Orion

I don't think those were Big Gs angry shots more like "I'm annoyed a little bit more than normal"

Anyway...
SS
Flash might be able to dodge it... (big might)
Quasar maybe if he tries to absorb it or redirect it.
WW might using her Bracelets to the max
Takion Maybe

Doom and Gloom
Five Blasts? eek! Everyone dies.

Naija boy
BB- Dead on the first one

Thor- Absorbs part of the first one so he stays alive, Shields protect him partially from the second one so he stays alive(barely), Dead on third attempt

Surfer- Dodges the first one,Shields himself for second one so the blow is softened but he is out of shape , Takes the third one and survives but isnt in very good shape at all( though he partially heals himself during the break), May take the fourth one but is definitely koed and on brink of death, Dies from fifth one

Hulk- Could potentially heal from any blast short of total atomization. However Galactus blasts will most likely do just that.

Flash- doges first one, Dies on the second one

Quasar- shields help him survive first one, Dead second one

Superman- Dodges first one dies on second one

Wonderwoman- dodes first one, Uses shield to survive on second one, Dies on third one

Gladiator- doges first, dies on second

Takion- No comment,except that like evryone else he dies eventually

Orion- Dodge first one, maybe lucky enough to survive second if uses Forcefield, Dies on third one.

Eel O'Brien
This is mostly just for fun, as i'm not overly familiar with all the characters involved...

1. Black Bolt-?
2. Thor; 1-Uses Mjolnir to deflect, 2-Uses Mjolnir to absorb, 3-Uses godblast to match, Opens portal to funnel 4 into another dimension, Survives 5 using regular durability!
3. Silver Surfer; Dodges 1, Goes intangible through 2, Survives 3 using regular durability/shield, Matches 4 using PC, Block 5 with board!
4. Hulk; If he's mad enough to take one, anger might see him through. Starting at standard levels, he dies on 1.
5. Flash; Dodges 1, Vibrates through 2, Dead on 3...
6 Quasar; ?
7. Superman; Dodges 1, Vibrates through 2, Survives 3 using regular durability/healing, Sundips to take 4 to the chest, Sundips again and counters 5 with amped HV!
8. Wonder Woman; Dodges 1, Deflects 2 with bracers, Dead on 3...
9. Kyle Rayner; Uses construct to redirect 1, Creates different construct to block 2, Survives 3 using shields, Teleports out of 4's way, Dodges 5!
10. Gladiator-; Dodges 1, Survives 2 using regular durability, Dead on 3...
11. Takion; ?
12. Orion; Survives 1 using durability/MB healing, Counters 2 with Astroforce, Motherbox redirects 3, Motherbox teleports him away from 4, Dead on 5?

I'm just trying to be imaginative, so don't jump on me if I'm off on a few...

Sin I AM
how could diana possibly survive the blast?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM
how could diana possibly survive the blast?

They think it's possible to jump out of the way when Galactus tries to shoot them -.-

Sin I AM
does anyone have a scan of the blast used ? is it similar to the one in annihilation wave? if this is a truly angry galactus I don't see anyone surviving the blast.. maybe out running it or dodging it possibly? but his power output should be greater than anyones ability to simply redirect it imo

DarkOdin
1. Black Bolt - dead
2. Thor - Block with mjolnir, absorb with mjolnir, use odinforce to block or weaken blast, any version use Rune magic to block or weaken blast. He should be able to take one blast if not use the rune and odinpower to increase his durability, can open a portal to bfr the blast. God blast to block or weaken blast. I think Thor has the must tools to fget around this one.

3. Silver Surfer - power cosmic to weaken or block some of the blast. UPrgade his duarbaility with pc. uses his board as a sheild. Then i don't know.
4. Hulk - dead
5. Flash - speed force to a differnet time. maybe vibrate thru one then dies.
6 Quasar - ?
7. Superman - uses his ntrophy armour for one. takes a hit then dies.
8. Wonder Woman - uses braclets to block must of the hit then dies 2nd round.
9. Kyle Rayner - uses or the rings power to shield or blast back at big G then dies next hit.
10. Gladiator - takes one hit realises he can't survive then dies the next
11. Takion - ??
12. Orion - With the mother box and artro force get thru 2 third hits him. don't know enough on him for this one.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Sin I AM
does anyone have a scan of the blast used ? is it similar to the one in annihilation wave? if this is a truly angry galactus I don't see anyone surviving the blast.. maybe out running it or dodging it possibly? but his power output should be greater than anyones ability to simply redirect it imo

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Thanos/?action=view&current=Thanos0509.jpg

Nihilist
imo they all die in the end

darthgoober
Edit.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
They think it's possible to jump out of the way when Galactus tries to shoot them -.- Inno!! that sounds really silly. Its like dodging a pissed off Galactus blast is in eeeeveryones respect thread. lulz at all of you!!!

Naija boy
Originally posted by Nihilist

True

Southern_Rebel
Is Thanos durable enough to take many shots without his shields up?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Hitman911
Inno!! that sounds really silly. Its like dodging a pissed off Galactus blast is in eeeeveryones respect thread. lulz at all of you!!!

Next blast they're going to hide behind something laughing

Sin I AM
he doesn't look angry, just annoyed

Eel O'Brien
Yeah, because none of the faster characters in this thread have ever dodged an energy blast before...

kgkg
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Is Thanos durable enough to take many shots without his shields up? No after his shield were gone he looked pretty much done.

As for this they might surve 2-3 Max after that I don't see anyone living

janus77
unless Galactus really means to kill them, I don't see Surfer or Hulk dying.

Surfer has enough about him to take a blast or two, post-annihilation.

Hulk, well, he took a direct blast from Galactus in Secret Wars 1, he was injured but then it was his weaker "Prof. Hulk" form.

in this, he'd just amp up from the first blast, rendering the rest futile.

Naija boy
The galactus being used here is more of a slightly annoyed Galactus rather than an angry one. an angry galactus would destroy evryone here at the same time with only one blast.

skyfather

Hulk, well, he took a direct blast from Galactus in Secret Wars 1, he was injured but then it was his weaker "Prof. Hulk" form.

in this, he'd just amp up from the first blast, rendering the rest futile. srsly hulk die's

janus77
if you will it strong enough, it will be - the Hulk will die - just close your eyes and finger your ring... yes

Mindset

Sin I AM
Batman with green lantern ring smile the brave and the bold is canon right ? wink

Zoron
hahah WW braces melt into her skin laughing laughing

Batman-Prime
1. Black Bolt - Dead on the first hit
2. Thor - Survives, deflects the blasts, till Mjolnir breaks, then with durabilty (should be enough for 1 hit)
3. Silver Surfer - Dogdes, tries to counter, takes, takes, dies
4. Hulk - almost dead, 5 min regenerates ennough , still alive in the end
5. Flash - Dogdes all of them (Barry at his best)
6 Quasar - Blocks, Blocks, Blocks, Breaks, dies
7. Superman - Dogdes 1-2, the other 3 won't be enough to kill him
8. Wonder Woman - Dodges 1-2 with her bracer and deflects the other 3, yes she can do it.
9. Kyle Rayner - Almost the same as quasar, but his shields will hold a little bit longer and he survives
10. Gladiator - same as Supes
11. Takion - Survives, with hurt feelings, can he bleed? o0
12. Orion - Counters 1-2 with full AF, then takes the other 3 without dying

Mekrob

in this, he'd just amp up from the first blast, rendering the rest futile. Really means to kill him... he's hitting with enough force to pierce through all of Thanos's shields, and essentially nuke him... not a full power attack, but way too much for Hulk and Surfer.

So, Surfer can only take a blast or two, but Hulk can take all of them or something?

Galactus was barely paying attention to them, hadn't eaten for the whole series, hit him with a quick eyeblast, and Hulk was at his mercy after that. Ignoring that being a pretty high showing for Hulk, no?

wut?
Nevermind my post... it's obvious you have your own opinion (?).

tdazz

thumb up yes

janus77
If Galactus meant to kill Thanos, his shields would have been useless.

I didn't think that needed stating but ...

Hulk's high showing is when he managed to survive being a nexus of two universes, outside of that, his next highest showing would be perhaps the way he thunderclapped away dark crawler's dimension destroying attack ... that Galactus eyebeam was a pretty middling affair.

my point was that Galactus didn't go for the kill against Thanos, it was just a very powerful blast... going through Thanos' shields doesn't mean it was >>> say Aegis' blast at Surfer or Galactus' blast at Hulk, imo.

Nihilist
didnt hulk suffer greatly from a blast of a thanos clone

Mekrob
If Galactus meant to kill Thanos, his shields would have been useless.

I didn't think that needed stating but ...

Hulk's high showing is when he managed to survive being a nexus of two universes, outside of that, his next highest showing would be perhaps the way he thunderclapped away dark crawler's dimension destroying attack ... that Galactus eyebeam was a pretty middling affair.

my point was that Galactus didn't go for the kill against Thanos, it was just a very powerful blast... going through Thanos' shields doesn't mean it was >>> say Aegis' blast at Surfer or Galactus' blast at Hulk, imo. You didn't read my post that well then.

Either way, it doesn't need to be a super powerful Galactus attack to kill either Hulk or Surfer.

What do possible higher showings have to do with it being a high showing?
When he was channeling the power of two universes? How is this a durability feat?
Right, because that's a durability feat?

Yes, because the eyebeam Galactus hit Hulk with was way more powerful... considering he wasn't even trying to fight the heroes, and he got pissed off at Thanos...

This is about to get really stupid though, and I don't know why I just responded to you twice.

Doom and Gloom

in this, he'd just amp up from the first blast, rendering the rest futile.

An enraged Hulk could do absolutely nothing tp Pre Crisis Superman and he's gonna survive Galactus?dontgetit

Doom and Gloom
As someone once said in another thread here long ago Diana tries to block a blast from Galactus with her bracelets and all that is left are her tiara, bracelets, and lasso

Slaanesh
they all die on the second blast..

Knowsbleed33
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2820/galactustherealstory022gj2.th.jpg

Bentley
Originally posted by Slaanesh
they all die on the second blast..

Cosigned.

Sirslamsalot
Hulk could tank it.
He tanked a blast from Thanos who absorbed the Heart of the Universe
He tanked Zeus' most powerful thunderbolts while in a calm form
Galactus is said to be at Skyfather power.
Hulk has healed from pretty much being a skeleton.
This is all assuming its Green Scar incarnation.

tkitna
They all die if Galactus is bringing the mail.

SquallX
Didn't Diana Aegis blocked the shattered God blast?

basilisk
If they can't use the same tactic more than once... maybe Quasar can
1) Block one with his shields (he has actually blocked multiple blasts from Galactus in the past using his shields)
2) Absorb the energy from one blast
3) Use a construct to divert the energy away from him (he has done this before with energy funnels and so on)
4) Quantum jump out of the way of one
5) Don't know, running out of options. Open up a quantum gate in front of him so the blast goes into the quantum zone. Technically different from #4. Maybe turn invisible (he has done invisibility on a limited level via light bending) and create a light construct decoy a few feet away from him?

Magnon
Superman:
1. Dodges the first one. (no more dodge)
2. Blocks the second one with HV. (no more dodge, HV)
3. Vibrates through the third one. (no more dodge, HV, vibrate)
4. Regenerates from the effects of the fourth one. (no more dodge, HV, vibrate, regenerate)
5. Survives the final one with sheer durability. (no more dodge, HV, vibrate, regenerate, durability. Gauntlet cleared!)

tkitna
Originally posted by Magnon
Superman:
2. Blocks the second one with HV. (no more dodge, HV)

laughing

Insane Titan
imo they all die in the end this poster knows what he's talking about

Board Walker
Orion with Full Astro Force could solo Galactus

Omega Force > Power Cosmic

Astro Force > Omega Force > power Cosmic

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Board Walker

Astro Force > Omega Force > power Cosmic Eat a dick

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Board Walker

Astro Force > Omega Force > power Cosmic

How can you believe this? It's just completely untrue in so many ways.

Then again you say Injustice Superman is an Abstract etc. Don't know why you're being intentionally provocative.

Board Walker
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
How can you believe this? It's just completely untrue in so many ways.

Then again you say Injustice Superman is an Abstract etc. Don't know why you're being intentionally provocative.

I simply perceive it as I see it, and superman is normally a high herald entity. Ganthet is normally a high skyfather character, and was further supported when he effortlessly subdued 3 high heralds in a moment (hal jordan, sinestro, superman).

Once superman gained a yellow power ring he was able to effortlessly destroy ganthet, and mogo which puts him above high skyfather.

Time Immemorial
WBH Hulk and a high version of Superman survive maybe one hit.

Time Immemorial
Who knows, Injustice Superman or All Star or Prime One Million might be able to do more then one.

carver9
All of them die depending on how serious Galactus is.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
All of them die depending on how serious Galactus is.

Blasphemy, WBH can take a shot and you know it.

carver9
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Blasphemy, WBH can take a shot and you know it.

Lol...naah, not from a serious Galactus.

Magnon
Originally posted by tkitna
laughing

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/omegaeffect.jpg

carver9
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/omegaeffect.jpg

laughing out loud

Make a Darkseid vs Galactus thread.

Magnon
laughing out loud

Make a Darkseid vs Galactus thread.

This thread is not about Galactus going all out. He is using a short energy pulse of the same intensity he was using (continuously) against the shields of Thanos. Darkseid's Omega Effect should be at least comparable. At the very least HV will protect Superman enough for him to survive that round.

carver9
This thread is not about Galactus going all out. He is using a short energy pulse of the same intensity he was using (continuously) against the shields of Thanos. Darkseid's Omega Effect should be at least comparable. At the very least HV will protect Superman enough for him to survive that round.

no expression

Galactus was angry and 'exerted' himself when he was blasting at Thanos shields. It's laughable that you are comparing Galactus energy blasts to Darkseid Omegas. Not comparable at all...especially from a pissed Galactus.

carver9
"Never before have i had to EXERT myself..."

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1448/thanos0509dh6.jpg

Utrigita
"Never before have i had to EXERT myself..."

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1448/thanos0509dh6.jpg

And then again he was likely more annoyed the outright angry. But that is just my take on the scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.