Terminator Salvation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
You are John Connor. The year is 2018. Humans are almost extinct years after Skynet became self-aware and began terminating the Human race.

Your last hope is a time machine that can be used to bring back people from the past to help you fight this war against the machines.

Who would you choose to turn the tides?

5 Points

* Spiderman

* Predator^ (The Terminators develop space travel and wiped out their race in the future, hence a reason for them to help. Or maybe they need humans to breed their hunt and hence cannot afford their extinction. Or Terminators make a good foe to fight. Pick One).

* Wolverine

* Cyclops

* Colossus

10 Points

* The Thing

* Optimus Prime

* Megatron

* Tony Stark^

* Syndrome (Incredibles)^

* Mr Incredible

15 Points

* Storm

* Human Torch

* Reed Richards

* Susan Storm

20 Points

* Hulk

* Dr Doom (FF1)

* Superskrull/Johnny Storm (FF2)

* Master Yoda^

* Sandman

* Juggernaut

. . .

^ Character is allowed their standard equipment. Everyone else arrives naked.

- An important thing to remember is that at the state the world is currently in, it'll be much more difficult to create technology. On the other hand, it didn't stop Tony Stark from building Mark I "from a box of scraps".

- Also, Skynet has began its total extermination phase, so pick wisely. Whoever you pick not only should have offensive capabilities, but also ability to protect the small group of survivors.

- Remember, this isn't going to be a one-day war. It may very likely last for years. As such, Genius-type characters might be more of an advantage.

- All bad guys are momentarily good guys, it is their own race they are saving afterall.

Scenario I: Total Points allowed: 20

Scenario II: Total Points allowed: 30

Scenario III: Pick one character from each Point Group

Publius II
I: Tony Stark, Megatron

II: Tony Stark, Dr. Doom

III: Colossus, Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Hulk

I win.

Final Blaxican
I: Susan Storm solos. But, I'll add in Wolverine too for no real reason.

II: Susan Storm, Tony Stark, Wolverine.

III: Wolverine, Tony Stark, Susan Storm, and Hulk for good measure.

Though in all honesty, Susan+ Logan can solo it all ifthey go on the offensive and attack cyverdyne or whatever. Wherever the main brain is located.

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I: Susan Storm solos. But, I'll add in Wolverine too for no real reason.

Well, if that were the case, you could just pick Superskrull/Johnny Storm for 20 points.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
You are John Connor. The year is 2018. Humans are almost extinct years after Skynet became self-aware and began terminating the Human race.

Your last hope is a time machine that can be used to bring back people from the past to help you fight this war against the machines.

5 Points

* Spiderman

* Predator^ (The Terminators develop space travel and wiped out their race in the future, hence a reason for them to help. Or maybe they need humans to breed their hunt and hence cannot afford their extinction. Or Terminators make a good foe to fight. Pick One).

* Wolverine

* Cyclops

* Colossus

10 Points

* The Thing

* Optimus Prime

* Megatron

* Tony Stark^

* Mr Incredible

15 Points

* Storm

* Human Torch

* Reed Richards

* Susan Storm

20 Points

* Hulk

* Dr Doom (FF1)

* Master Yoda^

* Sandman

* Juggernaut

. . .

- An important thing to remember is that at the state the world is currently in, it'll be much more difficult to create technology. On the other hand, it didn't stop Tony Stark from building Mark I "from a box of scraps".

- Also, Skynet has began its total extermination phase, so pick wisely. Whoever you pick not only should have offensive capabilities, but also ability to protect the small group of survivors.

- Remember, this isn't going to be a one-day war. It may very likely last for years. As such, Genius-type characters might be more of an advantage.

- All bad guys are momentarily good guys, it is their own race they are saving afterall.

1: Hulk

2: Hulk and Megatron

3: Hulk, Megatron, Storm and Colossus

Placidity
I: Cyclops and Reed Richards

Cyke has a very good offensive, probably more effective than some of the higher up guys listed. Reed on the other hand is the smartest on the list and can develop some high tech stuff over time.

II: Dr Doom and Tony Stark

What I lacked in the first scenario was some muscle. Dr Doom provides plenty of that as well as his genius intellect. Same thing for Stark - will make tech that will overcome skynet. I admitt Reed would still be the best choice, but theres just no room for him.

III:

5 Points

- Cyclops

We're talking about a war on thousands if not maybe millions of machines. Someone like Wolverine or Spiderman can't deal with too much at once. Cyclops, however can take out hundreds with just a turn of his head.

The Predator was also a close second due to his Plasma Cannon and also that very powerful bomb.

10 Points
- Megatron

Not only physically stronger, but packs some firepower behind his cannons.

15 Points

- Storm

Just think of the scene where she summoned up a storm with multiple tornadoes. Could do some serious damage to Skynet infrastructure on a large scale.

- Reed Richards

I would actually tie Reed with Storm. He is afterall a genius that came up with a device on whim that defeated Galactus' most powerful herald. The down side is it would take him awhile to create something with the lack of technology available.

20 Points

A very tough choice here and it isnt clear for me at all. I would probably pick Hulk or Doom, the both pack extreme durability, offensive capabilities and are geniuses.

Doom can also absorb an unlimited amount of energy/electricity. Perhaps that might be a way of decommissioning skynet.

Rogue Jedi
I'd include Hulk in every scenario. The amount of punishment he takes and deals out in return is phenomenal.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I'd include Hulk in every scenario. The amount of punishment he takes and deals out in return is phenomenal.

But his durability is overkill, I don't think Skynet machines can deal out any damage that could hurt him or some of the others on the list such as Doom and Juggs. With that in mind, I think it would be wise to pick someone like Doom, who can tank all the damage, aswell as have other advantages.

Final Blaxican
Well, if that were the case, you could just pick Superskrull/Johnny Storm for 20 points.

Wait. You're right.

I do that then. 131

jinXed by JaNx

5 Points

* Spiderman

* Wolverine

* Cyclops

* Colossus

10 Points

* The Thing

* Optimus Prime

* Megatron

* Tony Stark^

* Mr Incredible

15 Points

* Storm

* Human Torch

* Reed Richards

* Susan Storm

20 Points

* Hulk

* Dr Doom (FF1)

* Master Yoda^

* Sandman

* Juggernaut

. . .

Scenario 1
-----------------------------
Human Torch...,He just needs to fly into Skynet and go borderline supernova and it's all over. The heat it took to melt a T-800 and T-1000 isn't even a fraction of Johnny's potential. Throw in Wolverine for some ground support
Scenario 2
Susan Storm and Human Torch
Scenario 3
Wolverine, Tony Stark, Human Torch and Hulk

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, but one bullet and Johnny is done.

Scythe
First team: Spidey, Wolverine and Predator. Where are the Xenomorphs?!

Spidey's spider-sense would be great, Wolverine's healing factor, blah blah blah, and Predator's weapons and stealth would be great.

Second team: Hulk and Optimus Prime, VROOM SMASH.....?

Third team: Hulk, Optimus, Susan and Spidey.

Darth Martin

Rogue Jedi
Hmm....I rethought it, and:

Scenario one: Wolverine, Colossus, The Thing.....Pretty straight forward, a wrecking crew.

Scenario two: Hulk, Megatron. Hulk wreaks havoc on the grounded Terminators while Megatron takes on the airborne threats.

Scenario three: Colossus, The Thing, Storm, Hulk. Same as scenario one, but Storm is added in to provide fog cover and lightning attacks.

Darth Martin
Scenario one: Wolverine, Colossus, The Thing.....Pretty straight forward, a wrecking crew. Why Wolverine, when the Yautja is available? I think Logan would be put down by the plasma weaponry pretty quickly. Colossus and Thing are good choices though.

Also why is Juggernaut so high. How was he any different from Colossus and Thing besides durability? I thought those three were roughly same in strength. He's certainly not on Hulk's level. Mr. Incredible may be is stronger than all of the bricks here.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Why Wolverine, when the Yautja is available? I think Logan would be put down by the plasma weaponry pretty quickly. Colossus and Thing are good choices though.

Also why is Juggernaut so high. How was he any different from Colossus and Thing besides durability? I thought those three were roughly same in strength. He's certainly not on Hulk's level. Mr. Incredible may be is stronger than all of the bricks here. Well, Wolvie can regenerate, whereas a well placed plasma blast will put the Pred down for good.

I dont get why anyone would pick someone like the Torch, Susan Storm or Reed Richards, they can be killed with one blast.

I know, so can Storm, but her powers over the weather is too good to pass on. Plus she has nice bewbz.

Publius II
Reed is a genius; he's there for technical stuff. It's not like he's going to be on the front lines or something.

Rogue Jedi
Thats my point, wouldnt it be better to have fighters who could take a shitload of punishment and roll over the terminators? John Connor is a tactical genius, obviously, why would they need another?

Final Blaxican

I dont get why anyone would pick someone like the Torch, Susan Storm or Reed Richards, they can be killed with one blast.

Susan Storm's telekinetic blasts managed to protect her and a group of people from Johnny using a supernova right in front of her face. She can literally waltz right into wherever the Skynet mother brain is and completely ignore everything that's firing at her. She can also herself and anyone she touches intangible, like Kitty.

As for the Predator, it's pathetic in this scenario. Predators are absolutely nothing without their cloaking abilities. In all the movies they almost always die not long after they lose the element of surprise, meaning that one blast of sonar or radar or thermal vision and the Predator's assed out.

Wolverine was knocked out by the concussive force of the bullet to the head, he had a concussion. Laser beams don't have concussive force, thus, an energy blast to the head won't do anything to Logan except melt off the skin around his adamantium head for a few seconds before it grows back.

Logan can cut through any of terminators with his adamantium blades and has almost limitless stamina, meaning he can keep fighting for days if necessary. In addition due to his super sense of smell and hearing he can hear the machines coming from a mile away, negating ambushes, and can sense wither a human is really a human or just a terminator in disguise.

Thus, if you pair up Susan with Logan they have an almost unstoppable defense and offense.

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, but one bullet and Johnny is done.

As long as he is in Flame mode the bullets will melt before hitting him. Although, i'm not sure how heat affects lasers. confused I think he would be able to avoid laser fire long enough to make it to skynet and go supernova though. He can fly on the border of the Earths Atmosphere. All he would need to do is Fly high enough and long enough until he reaches skynet and then fly straight down like a bomb.

Imagine what he could do coupled with Susan Storm. They would be unstoppable.

Rogue Jedi
Susan Storm's telekinetic blasts managed to protect her and a group of people from Johnny using a supernova right in front of her face. She can literally waltz right into wherever the Skynet mother brain is and completely ignore everything that's firing at her. She can also herself and anyone she touches intangible, like Kitty. Yeah, but could her telekinetic abilities stop plasma blasts?

Yeah, the Pred's cloaking ability is null and void, Terminators have thermal vision.

Hmm...Yeah, Logan is definitely in my lineup. **** I gotta rethink it yet again laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, but could her telekinetic abilities stop plasma blasts?

Why not? It stopped Dooms powers and the power of a dying sun.

the only downside to Sue is that the longer she uses her telekinetic shield the more fatigued she becomes. I have no doubt that her shield could withstand anything skynet threw at her, but for how long?

Darth Martin
Well, Wolvie can regenerate, whereas a well placed plasma blast will put the Pred down for good.

I dont get why anyone would pick someone like the Torch, Susan Storm or Reed Richards, they can be killed with one blast. Doubtful that one plasma blast would put down a Yautja. And it has it's cloak here.

Torch is pretty fast when flying. Not sure if Skynet has anything that can keep up with his speed. But I wouldn't pick him b/c of his lack of durability and overall immaturity. Sue is a good pick, she can make others invisible, and create force fields around the models guns, crush them or do the same to the models themselves. Reed would likely try to create something that would shut Skynet down.

Final Blaxican
One stab to the stomach put down a Predator. Care to explain why one plasma bolt wouldn't?

jinXed by JaNx
Doubtful that one plasma blast would put down a Yautja. And it has it's cloak here.

Torch is pretty fast when flying. Not sure if Skynet has anything that can keep up with his speed. But I wouldn't pick him b/c of his lack of durability and overall immaturity. Sue is a good pick, she can make others invisible, and create force fields around the models guns, crush them or do the same to the models themselves. Reed would likely try to create something that would shut Skynet down.

Aren't Tx's and T-1000's pretty damn fast? If they can't keep up with a Predator the Hunter Killers most certainly can. Because of the Terminators ability to see in Thermal vision i don't see how a PRedator is going to avoid a lock on laser blast, rocket or what ever else they may have at their disposal.

I also think Sue is one of the best choices but will her invisibility really help her here?

Rogue Jedi
Susan's invisibility wont help her, Terminators will see her with their thermal vision.

And a Pred was taken down by a shotgun, a plasma blast would rip right through it.

Impediment
Johnny could just use Nova Flame and melt their asses, couldn't he?

Rogue Jedi
He could, but skynet will continue chruning out terminators left and right. It will be never ending.

Not to mention we have no idea how a plasma blast will affect him. And yes, the terminators will eventually hit him.

Placidity

Final Blaxican
I think the mistake you are making is thinking of real life physics. We are yet to see, but I'm sure lasers used in T4 will be concussive as well.

Possibly. I don't think they can put out enough though.

Movie Cyclops can't do that. Maybe one or two at a time, but not as much as he could in his comic persona.

And I was under the assumption that the people we choose could use actual intelligence and strategy, not just attack anything they see but pick essential targets necessary for the machine's war effort, I.E, control rooms, brains, factories, etc.

jinXed by JaNx
He could, but skynet will continue chruning out terminators left and right. It will be never ending.

but thats why he goes for Skynet

jinXed by JaNx
i want to pick nightcrawler sad

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i want to pick nightcrawler sad

Well, there are many charaters I could have listed, but some I couldn't see any real benefits from.

By all means though, if its not in the list, you could provide reasons why you would pick another character.

I would say Nightcrawler would be in the 5 Points category.

Darth Martin
Movie Cyclops can't do that. Maybe one or two at a time, but not as much as he could in his comic persona. Agreed. Even in X3 when he removes his visor it's not a wide blast. Now he could take out columns but not rows.

Publius II
If he's turning his head while shooting ... ?

Placidity
Originally posted by Publius II

Exactly...

Final Blaxican

And in the process he gets shot in the back of the head.

Yes.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
but thats why he goes for Skynet Dude he would never make it to skynet, they would shoot him out of the sky.

Placidity
Dude he would never make it to skynet, they would shoot him out of the sky.

Not really, he's too fast.

Rogue Jedi
Not really, he's too fast. And the terminators have state of the art tracking systems. They will see him surely, lead him as a target (as one would lead a running deer), and blast him out of the sky.

Darth Martin
Are you talking about Torch? If so yea, he's dead.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. Like a doornail.

Final Blaxican
In the comic books, Iron Man is actually smarter than Reed. He whoops his ass in chess. no expression

Ahsoka Tano
In the comic books

Final Blaxican
books In comic the

Robtard
In the comic books, Iron Man is actually smarter than Reed. He whoops his ass in chess. no expression

He's a better strategist, doesn't mean he can compete with him in all the fields of science Reed excels at, word.

Final Blaxican
Your mother.

Rogue Jedi
Rob's mother is a great tactician?

Placidity

Hell no.

Final Blaxican
Hell no to which part?

The chess? Because he does. Reed is literally sitting there, literally saying "I don't understand how you did that".

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5098/imchess1fx5.th.jpg http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5690/imchess2uv3.th.jpg http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4949/imchess3fz2.th.jpg http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3060/imchess4xb7.th.jpg

Placidity
Hell no to which part?

The chess? Because he does. Reed is literally sitting there, literally saying "I don't understand how you did that".

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5098/imchess1fx5.th.jpg http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/5690/imchess2uv3.th.jpg http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4949/imchess3fz2.th.jpg http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3060/imchess4xb7.th.jpg

No, obviously not about the chess part. I know you don't make stuff up. But the part about how comic Stark is smarter than Reed.

Final Blaxican
Oh.

Well, as pointed out by Robbie, there are multiple facets of "intelligence".

Publius II
You keep telling yourself that.

Final Blaxican
Stop trolling.

Publius II
Wut...

Hulk smash.

Edit: Also, reported.

Rogue Jedi
Connor is all the tactician they need.

Darth Martin
In the comic books, Iron Man is actually smarter than Reed. He whoops his ass in chess. no expression Not true.

Sadako of Girth
Oh.

Well, as pointed out by Robbie, there are multiple facets of "intelligence".

Blax (and therefore Robtard also) is right.

Publius II
Not true. To Stark being smarter? One could easily make a case for it. To Stark beating Reed in chess? See the above.

Darth Martin
To Stark being smarter? One could easily make a case for it. You could make a case for it but actually they're roughly equals. Now I think it was Rogue Jedi who said their are different areas of "smarts". That couldn't be more true here. If were speaking strictly 616 here, Tony is most good in engineering. Whereas Reed is better in astronomy, math, biology ect. But the handbooks both list them as 6. Just b/c Tony beat Reed in chess there doesn't mean he's a better strategist. Cap "was" the leader of the Avengers. Richards "is" the leader of the Fantastic Four(the group the gov't calls first).

Rogue Jedi
You could make a case for it but actually they're roughly equals. Now I think it was Rogue Jedi who said their are different areas of "smarts". That couldn't be more true here. If were speaking strictly 616 here, Tony is most good in engineering. Whereas Reed is better in astronomy, math, biology ect. But the handbooks both list them as 6. Just b/c Tony beat Reed in chess there doesn't mean he's a better strategist. Cap "was" the leader of the Avengers. Richards "is" the leader of the Fantastic Four(the group the gov't calls first). I said that Connor is a genius tactician, so why would he need another?

Placidity
You could make a case for it but actually they're roughly equals. Now I think it was Rogue Jedi who said their are different areas of "smarts". That couldn't be more true here. If were speaking strictly 616 here, Tony is most good in engineering. Whereas Reed is better in astronomy, math, biology ect. But the handbooks both list them as 6. Just b/c Tony beat Reed in chess there doesn't mean he's a better strategist. Cap "was" the leader of the Avengers. Richards "is" the leader of the Fantastic Four(the group the gov't calls first).

No serious comic fan believes the handbook holds any value. Anyway, Reed is leagues above Stark in terms of overall intelligence.

Darth Martin
I said that Connor is a genius tactician, so why would he need another? That wasn't directed towards you.

Darth Martin
No serious comic fan believes the handbook holds any value. Anyway, Reed is leagues above Stark in terms of overall intelligence. Overall yes, but I wouldn't describe it as "leagues".

Handbooks do hold value. Just not when there are a plethora of feats that contradict them.

Rogue Jedi
That wasn't directed towards you. You mentioned I might have said something, I was merely telling you what I actually said.

jinXed by JaNx
And the terminators have state of the art tracking systems. They will see him surely, lead him as a target (as one would lead a running deer), and blast him out of the sky.

He can shoot fireballs out of his hands, and make sharp directional changes at optimal speeds. I think you're underestimating his agility. All i know is, if, i were the Human torch fighting Skynet, i'd win, because i'd rock his powers like a Pro and not like a pansy who can't out run a simple rocket mad

Rogue Jedi
It'd be a gamble, whether or not he is hit.

icu311
Cool thread, I really like this idea.

1. Storm and Cyclops - Storm can wipe out a large number of terminators from complete safety, and Cyclops could decimate an entire battlefield, but also comes with the draw-back of possibly getting killed by a stray laser.

2. Susan, Megatron, and Cyclops - Susan can create forcefields around Megatron and Cyclops while they wreak havok on the Terminators.

3. Cyclops, Megatron, Susan, and Yoda - Susan can create forcefields around Cyke and Megatron and Yoda can deflect lasers and with precog has a great chance of distracting the terminators while Megatron and Cyclops destroy Skynet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.