Doom and J. Constantine vs. Reed and L. Luthor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindset
Both sides get 1 year prep, who wins?

tjcoady
Team two, but only because Johnny and Doom couldn't resist betraying each other.

cloud102
Constantine solos.

occultdestroyer
John Constantine

Bouboumaster
Team 2, Reed ownz them.

Mindset
Bump

Golgo13
Constantine. Magic> science.

abhilegend
Team 2.

Mindset
Why, my friend and colleague?

abhilegend
Is this your usual trap, rapeset?

Mindset
Traps are for amateurs.

If I want you, I'm gonna have you.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
Traps are for amateurs.

If I want you, I'm gonna have you.
laughing

Back on topic, Team 2 mainly because of Reed.

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
laughing

Back on topic, Team 2 mainly because of Reed.

I think john is more cunning than reed. Doom likely cancels out reed but constantine craps all over luthor.

Glorificus
Team 2... but just barely.

Mindset
Originally posted by Golgo13
I think john is more cunning than reed. Doom likely cancels out reed but constantine craps all over luthor. thumb up

JakeTheBank
Team 1.

nwg202
Team 1. They are smarter where it counts. Constantine would probably talk Reed into building a super weapon for him.

TheLordofMurder
Team 2 wins...

NO ONE can defeat a determined Reed Richards...

Mindset
Except Doom.

TheLordofMurder
Except Doom.

Nope...

In the Council of Reeds storyline,a non-BS'ing Reed owned the daylights out of Doom...

Reed is Dooms superior; Doom is only competitive because Reed typically self-checks himself while Doom acts without restraint...

Mindset
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Nope...

In the Council of Reeds storyline,a non-BS'ing Reed owned the daylights out of Doom...

Reed is Dooms superior; Doom is only competitive because Reed typically self-checks himself while Doom acts without restraint... Yup.

Doom acts with restraint.

A non-bs'ing Doom would own any Reed with his magic+tech.

Reed is only competitive with Doom because Doom plays around with him.

Golgo13
Team 2 wins...

NO ONE can defeat a determined Reed Richards...

Constantine beats beings of higher tier without the aid of uber tech. He'll con Reed into building something for him and then take his wife. wink

TheLordofMurder
Yup.

Doom acts with restraint.

A non-bs'ing Doom would own any Reed with his magic+tech.

Reed is only competitive with Doom because Doom plays around with him.

Bull...

Wait until I find that scan of Reed putting the brain whammy on Doom and what he has to say to Doom while doing it to him...

Mindset
Wait until I find the whole story arcs of Doom outclassing Reed then losing because of the classic, I'm a villain so I'm going to underestimate you until I've been beaten trope.

TheLordofMurder
Wait until I find the whole story arcs of Doom outclassing Reed then losing because of the classic, I'm a villain so I'm going to underestimate you until I've been beaten trope.

Reed was in "good guy" mode in every single one of those; he was self checking...

In the scan (I know zopzop has it...I will get it from him) Reed says something to the effect of "I always could have owned you" and brain whammy's Doom into complete helplessness...

He had a dog colar around Dooms neck...LoL!!

Mindset
Reed was in "good guy" mode in every single one of those; he was self checking...

In the scan (I know zopzop has it...I will get it from him) Reed says something to the effect of "I always could have owned you" and brain whammy's Doom into complete helplessness...

He had a dog colar around Dooms neck...LoL!! And Doom self checks by not just killing outright killing Reed.

Doom has said pretty much the same thing to Reed.

Doom trapped Reed in his suit and Reed didn't know how to get out....LoL!!

I don't know how you don't get that they are essentially the same person but different sides of the coin.

TheLordofMurder
And Doom self checks by not just killing outright killing Reed.

Doom has said pretty much the same thing to Reed.

Doom trapped Reed in his suit and Reed didn't know how to get out....LoL!!

I don't know how you don't get that they are essentially the same person but different sides of the coin.

Yeah, but Reed is just a step better than Doom...

zopzop

He had a dog colar around Dooms neck...LoL!!
Ask and ye shall receive LoM!
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/2011/09/30/the-battle-is-over-but-the-war-ff9-review/
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Dooms-Dumbassery.jpg

F Doom.

JakeTheBank
The comics have shown consistently that Reed and Doom are equals with Reed having a slight edge in raw intellect, but Doom edging him out due to being more creative and imaginative. Doom has beaten Reed or outright trumped him - numerous times - and Reed has wound up foiling Doom's plans as well.

Doom certainly does act with restraint and his own form of "CIS", as evidenced by every time he could have easily killed the F4 - or other superheroes/beings - and chooses not to because it goes against his self imposed code of conduct or plans he has in motion.

I mean, their entire rivalry is a series of one-up one another and being consistently referred to as equals.

TheLordofMurder
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/2011/09/30/the-battle-is-over-but-the-war-ff9-review/
http://www.spidermancrawlspace.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Dooms-Dumbassery.jpg

F Doom.

Thanx zop!

Doom....PWNED by Reed Richards!

Happy Dance

JakeTheBank
The same Reed who got wasted fighting the Celestials whereas Doom survived them trying to eliminate him?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The same Reed who got wasted fighting the Celestials whereas Doom survived them trying to eliminate him?

Forget the Celestials...

Non-BS'ing Reed vs Doom; the above scan shows you Reeds superiority over Doom very clearly...

JakeTheBank
Forget the Celestials...

Non-BS'ing Reed vs Doom; the above scan shows you Reeds superiority over Doom very clearly...

So a non 616 Reed managed to score a win on Doom. Cool.

Doom meanwhile, habitually stalemates or has 616 Richards and his entire family at his mercy.

zopzop

Doom meanwhile, habitually stalemates or has 616 Richards and his entire family at his mercy.
EVERY Reed in EVERY alt reality OWNING EVERY alt version of Doom he came across.

When the gloves are off, Doom is outclassed by Reed.

TheLordofMurder

Reed is in" good guy" mode when Doom manages to edge him out...

Reed in "I aint taking s**t" mode completely owns Doom...

TheLordofMurder
EVERY Reed in EVERY alt reality OWNING EVERY alt version of Doom he came across.

When the gloves are off, Doom is outclassed by Reed.

thumb up

Mindset
The comics have shown consistently that Reed and Doom are equals with Reed having a slight edge in raw intellect, but Doom edging him out due to being more creative and imaginative. Doom has beaten Reed or outright trumped him - numerous times - and Reed has wound up foiling Doom's plans as well.

Doom certainly does act with restraint and his own form of "CIS", as evidenced by every time he could have easily killed the F4 - or other superheroes/beings - and chooses not to because it goes against his self imposed code of conduct or plans he has in motion.

I mean, their entire rivalry is a series of one-up one another and being consistently referred to as equals. Don't bother with them, they obviously have girl brains and can't understand the stories.

JakeTheBank
Reed should have "taken off the kid gloves" when it came to curing Ben Grimm. baka

zopzop
Reed should have "taken off the kid gloves" when it came to curing Ben Grimm. baka
Why? Maybe subconsciously he doesn't want to. As it was shown in the "Alien Entity" storyline, it was God aka Reed that gifted the FF with their powers.

Why would he want to "cure" something he willed to happen?

Mindset
Reed should have "taken off the kid gloves" when Doom raped him his entire family.

JakeTheBank
Why? Maybe subconsciously he doesn't want to. As it was shown in the "Alien Entity" storyline, it was God aka Reed that gifted the FF with their powers.

Why would he want to "cure" something he willed to happen?

So basically, you're arguing that Reed, if he stopped giving a shit and wasn't shacked with morality and his family and basically became someone who isn't Reed Richards, he would beat Doom...whom, I'm guessing would still be normal Doom with restraint and being in character and all that?

TheLordofMurder
Don't bother with them, they obviously have girl brains and can't understand the stories.

You are obviously gh@y f@g who cant accept that Reed owns your boyfriend like a 2 cent wh0r3 when the gloves are off...

Cheers!

smile

JakeTheBank
Reed should have "taken off the kid gloves" when Doom raped him his entire family.

It's going to get to the point where Reed is basically going to be treated like Hulk or Superman and that every time he lost or was outsmarted, he was "holding back".

Mindset
You are obviously gh@y f@g who cant accept that Reed owns your boyfriend like a 2 cent wh0r3 when the gloves are off...

Cheers!

smile Your jimmies seem rustled.

JakeTheBank

Cheers!

smile

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/DoomLOL.jpg

TheLordofMurder
As it was shown in the "Alien Entity" storyline, it was God aka Reed that gifted the FF with their powers.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Your jimmies seem rustled.

Your balls have fallen off; those constant head jobs you've recieved from Doom have taken their toll...

Mindset
It's going to get to the point where Reed is basically going to be treated like Hulk or Superman and that every time he lost or was outsmarted, he was "holding back". Bloodlusted Superman and When the gloves are off Reed...unbeatable.

JakeTheBank
If we're using single arcs that have since been disregarded and not indication of the norm for character depiction, I see your Alien Entity arc Reed and raise you Marquis of Death Doom.

Gg.

zopzop
So basically, you're arguing that Reed, if he stopped giving a shit and wasn't shacked with morality and his family and basically became someone who isn't Reed Richards, he would beat Doom...whom, I'm guessing would still be normal Doom with restraint and being in character and all that?
That's now what I'm saying at all.

People sometimes bring up the whole "cure Ben Grimm" thing as a con vs Reed but I was merely pointing out, HE WILLED IT TO HAPPEN when he was helping create the UNIVERSE with the Alien Entity.

Why would he want to "cure" a condition he inflicted on his friend?

Mindset
Your balls have fallen off; those constant head jobs you've recieved from Doom have taken their toll... Shhh, no tears, only dreams now.

Your dream of Reed beating Doom.

zopzop
If we're using single arcs that have since been disregarded and not indication of the norm for character depiction, I see your Alien Entity arc Reed and raise you Marquis of Death Doom.

Gg.
And I'll see you that and bring up the 'rewriting the multiverse" with the UN that Reed did.

@ TheLordofMurder
Dude don't get upset. Mindset is just kidding around. He's mostly harmless, well except for the rapes........

JakeTheBank
That's now what I'm saying at all.

People sometimes bring up the whole "cure Ben Grimm" thing as a con vs Reed but I was merely pointing out, HE WILLED IT TO HAPPEN when he was helping create the UNIVERSE with the Alien Entity.

Why would he want to "cure" a condition he inflicted on his friend?

So, basically, what you're saying is that Reed is a complete tool.

We already knew that.

TheLordofMurder

F Doom.

thumb up

JakeTheBank
I think you meant to post one of your own posts to give a thumbs up there.

TheLordofMurder
And I'll see you that and bring up the 'rewriting the multiverse" with the UN that Reed did.

@ TheLordofMurder
Dude don't get upset. Mindset is just kidding around. He's mostly harmless, well except for the rapes........

Oh, I'm cool...just having a laugh on him and his significant other...

smile

Mindset
I think you meant to post one of your own posts to give a thumbs up there. Or one of mine.

TheLordofMurder
I think you meant to post one of your own posts to give a thumbs up there.

Nope...I gave a thumb up to the right post!

smile

JakeTheBank
But, yeah, all joking and nonsense aside, I really don't see how anyone can legitimately argue Reed being decisively > Doom when their entire history suggests anything but as a whole.

And if we're going the whole "Well, Reed without restraints, CIS, morality, etc" aka Reed that doesn't exist, we may as well just use Secret Wars Doom who outwills the most powerful entity in Marvel at the time.

Mindset
Oh, I'm cool...just having a laugh on him and his significant other...

smile It's always fun yo laugh at ourselves, glad to see you're able to do that.

I'll bring some wine when I rape you later tonight.

AlmightyKfish
I think we're all clearly missing the point here that Constantine just kicks Reed and Lex in the nuts, calls them a name and wins through sheer awesomeness.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, Reed got screwed with the lamest guy here as his partner.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, Reed got screwed with the lamest guy here as his partner.

I dont know...

I never used to like Lex, but since playing DCU Online and being witness to the Brainiac/Future Lex/Future Batman storyline...I now have a newfound respect for Lex Luthor.

Lex Luthor is legit...

TheGodKiller
But, yeah, all joking and nonsense aside, I really don't see how anyone can legitimately argue Reed being decisively > Doom when their entire history suggests anything but as a whole.

And if we're going the whole "Well, Reed without restraints, CIS, morality, etc" aka Reed that doesn't exist, we may as well just use Secret Wars Doom who outwills the most powerful entity in Marvel at the time.
I agree that arguments can be made both ways but to say that either one is decisively superior to the other is clearly biased .

Well, the Reeds of the Council were more or less an example of that exact type of Reed . And it was a Council Reed that temporarily subdued Doom as well in that instance . Although Doom's survival against the Mad Celestials as opposed to his captor Reed's demise can be seen as Hickman evening out the scales a bit .

JakeTheBank
I dont know...

I never used to like Lex, but since playing DCU Online and being witness to the Brainiac/Future Lex/Future Batman storyline...I now have a newfound respect for Lex Luthor.

Lex Luthor is legit...

Lex is decent as a character.

But in terms of being a "prep god" he's a very distant second or third to Reed/Doom.

Mindset
I dont know...

Lex Luthor is legit... How legit?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
I agree that arguments can be made both ways but to say that either one is decisively superior to the other is clearly biased .

Well, the Reeds of the Council were more or less an example of that exact type of Reed . And it was a Council Reed that temporarily subdued Doom as well in that instance . Although Doom's survival against the Mad Celestials as opposed to his captor Reed's demise can be seen as Hickman evening out the scales a bit .

Exactly, which is what I've been saying.

Reed has beaten Doom. Doom has beaten Reed. And each one as a rule views the other as an equal, even if they don't like to admit. And both have had their moments where they've claimed "Oh, if I really wanted to, I could have ended you in moments" and then did something to back it up somewhat.

You're going to find more instances of Reed and Doom being viewed as equals or very close peers with the, at best, slight scientific edge to Reed than the idea of Reed being massively superior to Doom.

TheGodKiller
Exactly, which is what I've been saying.

Reed has beaten Doom. Doom has beaten Reed. And each one as a rule views the other as an equal, even if they don't like to admit. And both have had their moments where they've claimed "Oh, if I really wanted to, I could have ended you in moments" and then did something to back it up somewhat.

You're going to find more instances of Reed and Doom being viewed as equals or very close peers with the, at best, slight scientific edge to Reed than the idea of Reed being massively superior to Doom.
thumb upthumb up

Like all other characters both Reed and Doom have had their ups and downs, and once one evens out the scales we get peers rather than one much greater than the other .

Reed VS Doom is like Tiger VS Lion . Tis a debate which can never be truly resolved since both these guys are so evenly matched in the intellectual/prep departments . I concur that to say that one being massively superior to the other reeks of fanboy faith .

And that ladies and gentlemen is the Final Truth .

Mindset
A tiger owns a lion. mmm

TheGodKiller
A tiger owns a lion. mmm
Reed is the tiger . stick out tongue

Mindset
And Doom is Doom.

Doom > Tiger

mhmm

TheGodKiller
And Doom is Doom.

Doom > Tiger

mhmm
mhmm

DarkSaint85
How legit?

jEUQUFvuV6I

Team 1 owns. The magic knowledge of Doom and Constantine combined? With their morals?

Golgo13
I'm going to post this post again from a Thanos vs Constantine thread, because I think it sums up Constantine PERFECTLY.

In other words, Constantine is a prep god.

Mindset
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
jEUQUFvuV6I

Thank you, I was waiting for this all day.

Mindset
I'm going to post this post again from a Thanos vs Constantine thread, because I think it sums up Constantine PERFECTLY.

In other words, Constantine is a prep god. thumb up

Constantine is one of my favorite characters, top 5 or 10.

ODG
A tiger owns a lion. mmm When it comes to Doom, analogies like this are unnecessary. Doom owned a lion already:
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Stats/DoomSkill04Doom1.jpg
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Stats/DoomSkill05Doom1.jpg

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards win.
Because he's Reed Richards. It doesn't need much explanations I believe.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Reed Richards win.
Because he's Reed Richards. It doesn't need much explanations I believe.

Pray, do tell..

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pray, do tell..

He's Reed Richards. There.

Mindset
Except Doom wins, you fanboy.

My opinion is unbiased and right.

Bouboumaster
Except Doom wins, you fanboy.

My opinion is unbiased and right.

He'd win, if it wasn't of Reed Richards.
Richards is what Doom would be if he wasn't an egostical moron.

Reed owns him. Deal with it.

Branlor Swift
Reed puts his own penis in his bum.

I'd hardly call that a winner

Mindset
laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Reed puts his own penis in his bum.

I'd hardly call that a winner

He could, but he prefer put it between his wife's.

Another point for Richards.

Mindset

Another point for Richards. How is he putting it in Sue when she's down in Atlantis getting pounded?

JakeTheBank
Susan's vag has been Doomed before, let's be honest.

Also Panther'd for that matter.

Mindset
Basically, Sue doesn't know who the father of her kids are.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

They're Johnny's.

Mindset
thumb up

They're Johnny's. laughing out loud

I was thinking Thing's.

JakeTheBank
The sick thing is that Reed has filmed it for "science".

Branlor Swift

Another point for Richards. If anything, he'd prefer to put it in a piece of tech

Reed jams his dick in his latest "hope this doesn't kill my entire family" device and then jams that up his anus.

Bouboumaster
How is he putting it in Sue when she's down in Atlantis getting pounded?

Namor is the kind of dude so PIMP that he's not affraid to sport what one might called the stupidest costume ever, this side of Aquaman.

And even with that much of pimping, Sue always come back to Reed. Even after all the shit Reed did. This must be taken as a proof of how much he's effective with his 20 inches wang.

On the other side of the spectrum, Doom's only partner is his ego.

Bouboumaster
Susan's vag has been Doomed before, let's be honest.

Also Panther'd for that matter.

Kinda hard with the steel jock-strap.
As for Panther... Why would she do him, when she's married to a God?

Mindset
Namor sent Sue back to Reed after he had passed her around Atlantis a couple times.

Bouboumaster
Namor sent Sue back to Reed after he had passed her around Atlantis a couple times.

Namor wouldn't be able to handle Sue

JakeTheBank
Kinda hard with the steel jock-strap.
As for Panther... Why would she do him, when she's married to a God?

Didn't stop Doom from sexing Wanda. Or Morgan Le Fay.

He's black. Next question.

Bouboumaster
Didn't stop Doom from sexing Wanda. Or Morgan Le Fay.

He's black. Next question.

Wanda was mentally disabled at the time. What a man.

Mindset
Namor wouldn't be able to handle Sue She handled his schlong.

Canon.

Mindset
Wanda was mentally disabled at the time. What a man. Of course she was mentally disabled, she's a woman.

JakeTheBank
Wanda was mentally disabled at the time. What a man.

She didn't remember who she was or her powers. She wasn't functionally retarded.

Doom's more of a ladies' man than Reed ever will be.

Golgo13
A Doom/Constantine crossover would be epic.

Bouboumaster
A Doom/Constantine crossover would be epic.

No, because Doom would kill him right in his shoes. Just before Reed come to beat the shit out of Doom.

Golgo13
Hahahaha you so funny.

TheGodKiller
Doom's more of a ladies' man than Reed ever will be.
Reed definitely isn't, as Emma Frost can attest to that :
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsdhb9KGqi1qzidaoo1_500.jpg

DarkSaint85
Constantine is both a ladies' and a man's man....

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Reed definitely isn't, as Emma Frost can attest to that :
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lsdhb9KGqi1qzidaoo1_500.jpg

At the same time, we're talking about a gal who went to bed with Shaw, and is in couple with Cyclops.

She's obsiously second on the list of Namor (behind Sue), and Sue is clearly in(to) Reed's pocket.

The point is: Emma never saw Reed with his pants down.

TheGodKiller
thumb up

They're Johnny's.
I see where George RR Martin got his inspiration for Lannister incest storyine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.