Ranking - H2H fighting speed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Superman
Wonder Woman
Thanos
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Thor
Hulk
Spiderman
Orion
Black Adam
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday (Dos)

This is not a 'who would beat who if they would fight h2h', it's a 'who is the fastest one in this type of combat', taking into consideration reaction time/reflexes/movement etc. Needless to say, flight, energy blasts etc are not applicable.

iceman24567
Dos Doomsday was super fast probably not the fastest but he used speed a majority of the time actually i think overall his performance speedwise probably trumps most of these clowns

Enyalus
Thanos obviously has the superior H2H speed.

....But seriously, either Superman or Gladiator.

Philosophía
Ranking doesn't mean making a few comments about one or two of the characters involved.

Grow some balls, people. uhuh

Batman-Prime
Just my two ceramic bits

1. Wonder Woman
2. Superman
3. Gladiator
4. Doomsday (Dos)
5. Orion
6. Thor
7. Martian Manhunter
8. Black Adam
9. Thanos
10. Sentry
11. Silver Surfer
12. Spiderman
13. Hulk

No amping not special circumstances. Only h2h speed. And between 1 and 11 it's only an minimal difference, almost not worth menthioning

Mindship
Fastest innate limb speed: Superman.
Fastest combat reflexes: Wonder Woman (innate limb speed + extensive combat training).

Naija boy
Gladiator
Wonderwoman
Superman

FrothByte
Wonder Woman
Gladiator
Superman
Doomsday (Dos)
Thor
Thanos
Martian Manhunter
Silver Surfer
Spiderman
Hulk

Don't know too much about these 3 to comment:
Sentry
Orion
Black Adam

KuRuPT Thanosi
For me it goes
Superman - Clear No. 1 as per on panel displays

Wonder Woman - A pretty clear No. 2 imo with great reflexes and reaction times

Black Adam - Has displayed a lot of h2h speed and reflexes

Doomsday - His fight with supes displayed a lot of speed, reflexes and reaction

Glads - a poor man supes but he isn't lacking for speed/movement in h2h

Thanos - It may surprise some that I have Thanos here but IMO he clearly has better reaction time and reflexes then most everybody on this list sans the top two or so. However, he's hurt because he hasn't displayed some of the h2h speed movement as many others

Orion - Has showed good speed and reflexes in fighting DS and Supes

The rest... are just the rest...

KuRuPT Thanosi
double

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by iceman24567
Dos Doomsday was super fast probably not the fastest but he used speed a majority of the time actually i think overall his performance speedwise probably trumps most of these clowns dur

iceman24567
Say what you will most people put him high on their list so I can't be far from the truth erm

OneDumbG0
^ Appeal to numbers means nothing to me. DOS Doomsday surprising Byrne-era Superman with his speed that belies his size/strength is a complete ripoff of Hulk shocking his superfast opponents with his speed that belies his size/strength. Unless I'm forgetting that there isn't more than that outside of Booster Gold shouting how he was faster than Flash.

ThunderGodEneru
Well he did beat down Guy Gardner without Guy even being able to see him move if that means anything.

iceman24567
To each his own you obviously dissagree but Dos Doomsday utilized his speed better than most in this thread just my opinion.

quanchi112
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Appeal to numbers means nothing to me. DOS Doomsday surprising Byrne-era Superman with his speed that belies his size/strength is a complete ripoff of Hulk shocking his superfast opponents with his speed that belies his size/strength. Unless I'm forgetting that there isn't more than that outside of Booster Gold shouting how he was faster than Flash. thumb up

Priest
Sentry stoned

Raoul

iceman24567
Lulz he did rip Morgana's head off pretty fast after she busted Doom to shit but she came from the past and bfred his banana boat looking ass smile

iceman24567
Originally posted by Raoul
mhmm

did you by any chance arrange them in the order that you thought they were? Or maybe that's your list Superman is at the top eek!

Raoul
Or maybe that's your list Superman is at the top eek!

the first five or six on the list of mine are pretty much identical, bar one or two swapped places...

iceman24567
I stand corrected smile

grimify
Superman
Doomsday (Dos)
Black Adam
Gladiator
Wonder Woman
Sentry
Orion
Thor
Silver Surfer
Thanos
Martian Manhunter
Spiderman
Hulk

Mekrob
Black Adam wins

skygunner41
Originally posted by Mekrob
Black Adam wins

Figure.

Mekrob
Originally posted by skygunner41
Figure. He wins Figure?

What the ass cream is that?

skygunner41
He wins Figure?

What the ass cream is that?

Chocolate?

james2099
1. Gladiator, hit torch and twisted steel beams around cannonball, neither saw his movements at all. 2. Silver surfer. 3. Black adam. 4. WW, evaded supes too many times. 5. Supes. 6 throught 11? Toss-up. 12. Spiderman. 13. Hulk.

Mekrob
Originally posted by james2099
1. Gladiator, hit torch and twisted steel beams around cannonball, neither saw his movements at all. 2. Silver surfer. 3. Black adam. 4. WW, evaded supes too many times. 5. Supes. 6 throught 11? Toss-up. 12. Spiderman. 13. Hulk. I thought about this post, but then I remembered that you were from the future and therefore know the next 90 years of comics.

james2099
I thought about this post, but then I remembered that you were from the future and therefore know the next 90 years of comics. You want me to put black adam first to make you happy?

Philosophía
mhmm

did you by any chance arrange them in the order that you thought they were?

No.

Or at least, I stopped doing that after the first character.

Raoul

Philosophía
Black Adam wins

So.

Any serious opinion ?

fangirl101
1. Gladiator, hit torch and twisted steel beams around cannonball, neither saw his movements at all. 2. Silver surfer. 3. Black adam. 4. WW, evaded supes too many times. 5. Supes. 6 throught 11? Toss-up. 12. Spiderman. 13. Hulk. LMAo.

Kento
Thanos
Wonder Woman
Superman
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Orion
Black Adam
Thor
Hulk
Sentry
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday (Dos)
Spider-Man

fangirl101
Originally posted by Kento
Thanos
Wonder Woman
Superman
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Orion
Black Adam
Thor
Hulk
Sentry
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday (Dos)
Spider-Man I have never seen Thanos's hands move superfast. Please Point me to the feats. nor Have I seen Surfer's either.

james2099
Originally posted by fangirl101
LMAo. No, i am LMAO because you know better than to try and stick Supes or your girl WW in the 1st or second spot. You know better laughing

james2099
I have never seen Thanos's hands move superfast. Please Point me to the feats. nor Have I seen Surfer's either. How can you see it if your nose is always stuck in a superman or WW comic. laughing

iceman24567
Yeah because Gladz has more and better feats than Superman and Wonder woman not thumb down

Raoul
Superman
Wonder Woman
Gladiator
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Black Adam
Orion
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Sentry
Doomsday (Dos)
Hulk
Spiderman

james2099
Yeah because Gladz has more and better feats than Superman and Wonder woman not thumb down Oh, i made a mistake, supes and WW have moved at 101 times the speed of light on panel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

iceman24567
No you made a mistake because Gladz does not do that regulary maybe you should reread the opening post thumb down

james2099
No you made a mistake because Gladz does not do that regulary maybe you should reread the opening post thumb down This is KMC, if he did it once, he will do it every time he moves in a KMC battle or challenge. Superman, WW or thor do not kill on a regular basis in the comic, but on KMC they will go for the kill every single time because on here we will not limit a character like they do in the comic. example.. spiderman beats firelord in the comic..... On KMC, he gets fried 1000\10.

Raoul
This is KMC, if he did it once, he will do it every time he moves in a KMC battle or challenge. Superman, WW or thor do not kill on a regular basis in the comic, but on KMC they will go for the kill every single time because on here we will not limit a character like they do in the comic. example.. spiderman beats firelord in the comic..... On KMC, he gets fried 1000\10.

that isnt how its done on KMC at all.

iceman24567
that isnt how its done on KMC at all. I thought so thumb up

Kris Blaze
This is KMC, if he did it once, he will do it every time he moves in a KMC battle or challenge. Superman, WW or thor do not kill on a regular basis in the comic, but on KMC they will go for the kill every single time because on here we will not limit a character like they do in the comic. example.. spiderman beats firelord in the comic..... On KMC, he gets fried 1000\10.

KMC doesn't cheer for my favourite heroes, ergo this board is soooo stupid : (((((((

Naija boy
What does glads flying at 100 times the speed of light even have to do with this battle? Thats an example of flight speed anyways and so isnt really relevant anyways. Glads however in his limited appearances has shown very impressive battle speed against Hyperion ( fight being measured in nanoseconds) and against the FF.

james2099
that isnt how its done on KMC at all. So that means that someone like hulk can hit superman WW and flash is a KMC battle like slow people hit superspeedsters in the comic? Yet you have been known to say that they win via speedblitz??? Or that they cannot lose because they cannot be hit??Or how that thread was closed about superman and WW not being able to BFR that slow guy in the comics so he would not be able to BFR hulk? Yet it is assumed on KMC that that thread was nonsense because unlike in the comics, supes and WW speed will not BE held back on KMC?? What about characters fighting to their best abilities and using ALL of their powers... They dont do it in the comics... But they do it on here all the time.

Raoul
Originally posted by Naija boy
What does glads flying at 100 times the speed of light even have to do with this battle?

nothing.

So that means that someone like hulk can hit superman WW and flash is a KMC battle like slow people hit superspeedsters in the comic? Yet you have been known to say that they win via speedblitz??? Or that they cannot lose because they cannot be hit??Or how that thread was closed about superman and WW not being able to BFR that slow guy in the comics so he would not be able to BFR hulk? Yet it is assumed on KMC that that thread was nonsense because unlike in the comics, supes and WW speed will not BE held back on KMC?? What about characters fighting to their best abilities and using ALL of their powers... They dont do it in the comics... But they do it on here all the time.

characters fight to the best of their ability, as long as its still within the confines of their character. superman can use his speed, but he won't kill.

also, konvikt had help, hulk wouldn't.

iceman24567
Read the rules and stop crying no expression

h1a8
From best to worst (top to bottom). These are on average so don't crucify me.

Doomsday
WW
Superman
Spider-man
Thanos
Gladiator
Thor/Black Adam
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Orion
MM
Hulk

Endless Mike
Flash

FrothByte
Originally posted by h1a8
From best to worst (top to bottom). These are on average so don't crucify me.

Doomsday
WW
Superman
Spider-man
Thanos
Gladiator
Thor/Black Adam
Silver Surfer
Sentry
Orion
MM
Hulk

Why is spiderman so high?

Galvaclaw
So that means that someone like hulk can hit superman WW and flash is a KMC battle like slow people hit superspeedsters in the comic? Yet you have been known to say that they win via speedblitz??? Or that they cannot lose because they cannot be hit??Or how that thread was closed about superman and WW not being able to BFR that slow guy in the comics so he would not be able to BFR hulk? Yet it is assumed on KMC that that thread was nonsense because unlike in the comics, supes and WW speed will not BE held back on KMC?? What about characters fighting to their best abilities and using ALL of their powers... They dont do it in the comics... But they do it on here all the time.

Konvikt isn't slow. Kurt Buseiks words on the fight were he's either as fast as Supes and WW or they had chosen for some reason to not use their speed its up to reader to decide. So inconclusive.

He then went on to say how Superman could of won the fight (freeze then toss into space) if the plot had required a superman victory rather than a team one.

You're also ignoring the number of times Superman has BFR people with vast superspeed.

As for my list:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Gladiator
Black Adam
Doomsday (Dos)
Orion
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Martian Manhunter
Sentry
Thor
Spiderman
Hulk

Nihilist
DC
----------
Superman
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday (Dos)

MARVEL
--------------
Thanos
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Thor
Sentry
Hulk
Spiderman

carver9

Philosophía
The biggest question, for me at least, is who is faster between Black Adam and Orion, and probably Martian Manhunter aswell.Originally posted by Endless Mike
Flash What about him ?

Raoul
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Konvikt isn't slow. Kurt Buseiks words on the fight were he's either as fast as Supes and WW or they had chosen for some reason to not use their speed its up to reader to decide. So inconclusive.

He then went on to say how Superman could of won the fight (freeze then toss into space) if the plot had required a superman victory rather than a team one.

You're also ignoring the number of times Superman has BFR people with vast superspeed.

As for my list:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Gladiator
Black Adam
Doomsday (Dos)
Orion
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Martian Manhunter
Sentry
Thor
Spiderman
Hulk

got a link to that? not that i disagree, i'd just like to see it.

Badabing

As for my list:

Superman
Wonder Woman
Gladiator
Black Adam
Doomsday (Dos)
Orion
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Martian Manhunter
Sentry
Thor
Spiderman
Hulk Originally posted by Raoul
got a link to that? not that i disagree, i'd just like to see it. Yes, I would like to read it also.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, I would like to read it also. wow nice sig

Galvaclaw
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?messageID=2004676574&#2004676574

That's assuming you want the speed comment. Busiek clarifies his stance on the second page.

As for his Superman konvikt statement I don't really have time to go through the threads to find it.

Raoul
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?messageID=2004676574&#2004676574

That's assuming you want the speed comment. Busiek clarifies his stance on the second page.

As for his Superman konvikt statement I don't really have time to go through the threads to find it.

laughing out loud thx...

i love busiek's attitude about the whole thing...

h1a8
Originally posted by FrothByte
Why is spiderman so high?

His spider-sense and speed combination helps him to dodge even lasers.

But Maybe you are right. Spider-man should probably be a few notches down. It's just him being shown to be faster than Thor and Firelord in direct combat got me psyched.

Now with CIS off Spider-man is definitely down the list.

KuRuPT Thanosi
To me BA is clearly superior to Orion in the speed department.

fangirl101
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
To me BA is clearly superior to Orion in the speed department. cleary not

KuRuPT Thanosi
You don't think his fight with Flash and his displays in WWIII proved as such. I don't recall them getting orion to race with the other speedsters when the fastest people were called upon. Before you say that was racing he's also shown that kinda speed while fighting. To me BA is faster than Orion.

ToughMind
^ Appeal to numbers means nothing to me. DOS Doomsday surprising Byrne-era Superman with his speed that belies his size/strength is a complete ripoff of Hulk shocking his superfast opponents with his speed that belies his size/strength. Unless I'm forgetting that there isn't more than that outside of Booster Gold shouting how he was faster than Flash.

You're more wrong than 2x1=2,000

Superman stated that Doomsday was as agile as he was strong.

Superman stated that the harder he fought, the more strong and relentless Doomsday became.

Maxima wondered how could Doomsday move so fast and was caught off guard by Doomsday.

Superman stated that he had to move faster and match Doomsday'speed or he was done.

Doomsday blitzed the whole Justice League.

ToughMind

Superman stated that the harder he fought, the more strong and relentless Doomsday became.

Maxima wondered how could Doomsday move so fast and was caught off guard by Doomsday.

Superman stated that he had to move faster and match Doomsday'speed or he was done.

Doomsday blitzed the whole Justice League, who could not react in time to avoid Doomsday's attack.

iceman24567
Originally posted by ToughMind

Doomsday blitzed the whole Justice League. Pretty much he can downplay the feat all he wants it was still impressive spedwise.

Rhinoceros
Originally posted by Nihilist
DC
----------
Superman
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Orion
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday (Dos)

MARVEL
--------------
Thanos
Gladiator
Silver Surfer
Thor
Sentry
Hulk
Spiderman

What exactly makes you rate Thanos so high?

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by ToughMind

Doomsday blitzed the whole Justice League. Hulk is as agile as he is strong. He actually beat a speedtser that was kicking the crap out of Nova and Northstar. What does a general statement from a Bryne-era Superman prove?

Doomsday's strength/relentlessness has nothing to do with his combat speed.

Everyone always wonders how Hulk can move so fast. Speedsters too.

Yes, because he was obviously stronger and if tried to just match him strength like he can usually do against Lobo or the General, it wouldn't be enough. Say it with me: Byrne-era Superman.

Forgotten One ran through the Eternals in a single panel also. Does he now have super-speed? No. Because they were simply taken by surprise. DOS Dommsday's best speed feat is catching people off-guard and having Booster Gold exclaim he was faster than the Flash (and that was even when he was far slower than he is now).

Please. Doomsday never ran across the country, never threw thousands of punches in a second, never went intanigble, never blurred himself, never had multiple images in one panel. Batman knocked out Guy Gardner before he could react, that doesn't give him superspeed. It just means Batman took him by surprise or Guy underestimated him.

Obviously DOS Doomsday is fast. Faster than other "zomg-he's-impossibly-fast-for-his-size" bricks like Hulk? Not a single legitimate speed feat to justify thinking so.

Mekrob
Hulk is as agile as he is strong. He actually beat a speedtser that was kicking the crap out of Nova and Northstar.
Didn't he like... not deal with his speed at all, but rather had a hold of him before the robot turned around to see him?

OneDumbG0
Didn't he like... not deal with his speed at all, but rather had a hold of him before the robot turned around to see him? I was under the impression it happened off-panel. Are you saying the Starmaster robot found himself in a bearhug by Hulk and that's when Hulk proceeded to beat him?

Mekrob
I was under the impression it happened off-panel. Are you saying the Starmaster robot found himself in a bearhug by Hulk and that's when Hulk proceeded to beat him? I'm saying that Hulk already had a hold of him/drop on him so all his speed was irrelevant.

iirc anyway.

Bentley
This is the estimated order. Yes, Thanos is up there just because he uses physical fighting as one of his main skills, unlike Surfer and Thor.

Wonder Woman
Orion
Superman
Gladiator
Thanos
Silver Surfer
Black Adam
Thor
Martian Manhunter
Doomsday (Dos)
Sentry
Hulk
Spiderman

OneDumbG0
I'm saying that Hulk already had a hold of him/drop on him so all his speed was irrelevant.

iirc anyway. IIRC, I don't remember him grabbing hold of him at all. The robot was speeding across the landscape towards Hulk who had been teleported ther by Dr. Strange. The next panel went back to Nova and Northstar talkin to Dr. Strange about how Hulk was gonna help them. Then several panels of smashing. Then Nova and Northstar show up and he's in pieces.

Hulk has better speed feats than that. The reason I use it is because its tenuous to use for a fair estimation of Hulk's speed. And rumbling through some JLA'ers in a single scene is even more tenuous. How many bricks have accomplished that same type of feat in their careers?

Raoul
Say it with me: Byrne-era Superman.

byrne era superman =/= jurgens era superman.

similar, yes, but not the same. and this isn't counting all the people since then who've fought doomsday after that era was dead and gone...

fangirl101
Hulk is as agile as he is strong. He actually beat a speedtser that was kicking the crap out of Nova and Northstar. What does a general statement from a Bryne-era Superman prove?

Doomsday's strength/relentlessness has nothing to do with his combat speed.

Everyone always wonders how Hulk can move so fast. Speedsters too.

Yes, because he was obviously stronger and if tried to just match him strength like he can usually do against Lobo or the General, it wouldn't be enough. Say it with me: Byrne-era Superman.

Forgotten One ran through the Eternals in a single panel also. Does he now have super-speed? No. Because they were simply taken by surprise. DOS Dommsday's best speed feat is catching people off-guard and having Booster Gold exclaim he was faster than the Flash (and that was even when he was far slower than he is now).

Please. Doomsday never ran across the country, never threw thousands of punches in a second, never went intanigble, never blurred himself, never had multiple images in one panel. Batman knocked out Guy Gardner before he could react, that doesn't give him superspeed. It just means Batman took him by surprise or Guy underestimated him.

Obviously DOS Doomsday is fast. Faster than other "zomg-he's-impossibly-fast-for-his-size" bricks like Hulk? Not a single legitimate speed feat to justify thinking so. so when maxima who has super speed swung and missed dd due to him dodging said attack that actually caught superman off guard. That wasn't super speed on dd's part? Lmao @ur bias.

OneDumbG0
byrne era superman =/= jurgens era superman.

similar, yes, but not the same. and this isn't counting all the people since then who've fought doomsday after that era was dead and gone... How does that change the analysis? Either Byrne/Jurgens era Superman is nowhere near current Superman. Now DOS Doosmday is considered faster than current Superman by some because he surprised a slower/weaker Superman? You yourself see the ridiculousness of such an idea. Subsequent Doomsday incarnations (not counting the flawed clones) get outright embarassed by current Superman's speed.
so when maxima who has super speed swung and missed dd due to him dodging said attack that actually caught superman off guard. That wasn't super speed on dd's part? Lmao @ur bias. Have superfast people missed slower opponents because they've underestimated their foe's speed? When fighting someone far stronger and durable than you, could you ever conceive thatyou'd have to sacrifice speed for power and thus miss a slower foe?

Before you answer those obvious questions: Show me a Maxima super-speed feat from the Bryne-era, other than fighting superfast DOS Doomsday, whose supposed to have superspeed because he dodged superfast Maxima. Circular reasoning ftw?

fangirl101
How does that change the analysis? Either Byrne/Jurgens era Superman is nowhere near current Superman. Now DOS Doosmday is considered faster than current Superman by some because he surprised a slower/weaker Superman? You yourself see the ridiculousness of such an idea. Subsequent Doomsday incarnations (not counting the flawed clones) get outright embarassed by current Superman's speed.
Have superfast people missed slower opponents because they've underestimated their foe's speed? When fighting someone far stronger and durable than you, could you ever conceive thatyou'd have to sacrifice speed for power and thus miss a slower foe?

Before you answer those obvious questions: Show me a Maxima super-speed feat from the Bryne-era, other than fighting superfast DOS Doomsday, whose supposed to have superspeed because he dodged superfast Maxima. Circular reasoning ftw? Maxima has clearly fought Superman on even keel a couple of times.

OneDumbG0
Maxima has clearly fought Superman on even keel a couple of times. Bryne-era Superman. I rest my case. Circular reasoning:

DOS Doosmday is superfast because DOS Doomsday surprised Bryne-era Superman and Bryne-era Maxima. And Byrne-era Maxima is superfast because she fought Byrne-era Superman. Therefore, DOS Doomsday is superfast.

What you just did is exactly like me saying the following:

Savage Hulk is superfast because Savage Hulk surprised classic Thor and classic Silver Surfer. And classic Thor is superfast because he fought classic Silver Surfer. Therefore, Savage Hulk is superfast.

Prove Bryne-era Superman or classic Silver Surfer are superfast first. Then prove that when Bryne-era Maxima and classic Thor fought them, they clearly matched their superspeeds. Then prove that DOS Doomsday and Savage Hulk bested their superspeeds without relying on them being surprised by how their size belied their speed.

fangirl101
Bryne-era Superman. I rest my case. Circular reasoning:

DOS Doosmday is superfast because DOS Doomsday surprised Bryne-era Superman and Bryne-era Maxima. And Byrne-era Maxima is superfast because she fought Byrne-era Superman. Therefore, DOS Doomsday is superfast.

Savage Hulk is superfast because Savage Hulk surprised classic Thor and classic Silver Surfer. And classic Thor is superfast because he fought classic Silver Surfer. Therefore, Savage Hulk is superfast.

Prove Bryne-era Superman or classic Silver Surfer are superfast first. Then prove that when Bryne-era Maxima and classic Thor fought them, they clearly matched their superspeeds. Then prove that DOS Doomsday and Savage Hulk bested their superspeeds without relying on them being surprised by how their size belied their speed. ur reasoning is a hoot. Ur hate is kegendary. Ur trolling is laughable. And u saying byrne era superman is tragic. He clearly had space adventurea even then. He travelled undewr his own power.

OneDumbG0
ur reasoning is a hoot. Ur hate is kegendary. Ur trolling is laughable. And u saying byrne era superman is tragic. He clearly had space adventurea even then. He travelled undewr his own power. How is travelling related to combat speed? Don't change the subject. #1 Show me a single Bryne-era Maxima combat speed feat. #2 Then show me how she clearly matches Byrne-era Superman's combat speed. #3 Then show me DOS Doomsday clearly matching both of their relative combat speeds without surprise on his side. #4 Then after all that, prove that DOS Doomsday is anywhere near as fast as current Superman or Wonderwoman.

Start with #1.

Naija boy
Bryne-era Superman. I rest my case. Circular reasoning:

Prove Bryne-era Superman or classic Silver Surfer are superfast first. Then prove that when Bryne-era Maxima and classic Thor fought them, they clearly matched their superspeeds. Then prove that DOS Doomsday and Savage Hulk bested their superspeeds without relying on them being surprised by how their size belied their speed.

Superb Post.

fangirl101
How is travelling related to combat speed? Don't change the subject. #1 Show me a single Bryne-era Maxima combat speed feat. #2 Then show me how she clearly matches Byrne-era Superman's combat speed. #3 Then show me DOS Doomsday clearly matching both of their relative combat speeds without surprise on his side. #4 Then after all that, prove that DOS Doomsday is anywhere near as fast as current Superman or Wonderwoman.

Start with #1. Don't tell me where to start. I'll start where I want. Which is number 4. I never said dos dd was as fast as current superman. Anyway byrne era superman doesn't techniaclly exist.

Raoul
How does that change the analysis? Either Byrne/Jurgens era Superman is nowhere near current Superman. Now DOS Doosmday is considered faster than current Superman by some because he surprised a slower/weaker Superman? You yourself see the ridiculousness of such an idea.

who said that?

not doomsday wars dd, or hunter prey. rex, iirc, is really the only doomsday that was shown to be slower than superman reflexes wise... doomsday seems to grow as superman does. they will always be relatively equal in that respect...

dos dd = dos superman, who to be fair, did have a decent amount of superspeed. is he anything close to current levels? nope...

OneDumbG0
who said that?h1a8
not doomsday wars dd, or hunter prey. rex, iirc, is really the only doomsday that was shown to be slower than superman reflexes wise... doomsday seems to grow as superman does. they will always be relatively equal in that respect...

dos dd = dos superman, who to be fair, did have a decent amount of superspeed. is he anything close to current levels? nope... Hunter/Prey dealt with Jurgens-era Superman. Infinite Crisis Doomsday didn't fare well at all. More than a few people believe that DOS Doomsday is better than Orion, J'onn (who actually blurred with Wally), Glads (who is the only character here that has actually fought at nanosecond speeds), etc. I'd say about half of those who commented put DOS Doomsday that high. DOS Doomsday showed the kind of combat speed feats that Savage Hulk had in the past. How he gets put past Gladiator who has actually fought at FTL speeds is nothing short of ridiculous. Especially when all he did was rampage through an old JLA and kill/get killed by Byrne-era Superman. As you can see, I'm not necesssarily arguing with you. Just calling it how I see it.
Don't tell me where to start. I'll start where I want. Which is number 4. I never said dos dd was as fast as current superman. Anyway byrne era superman doesn't techniaclly exist. I'll take that as a concession that you can't prove #1, #2 or #3.

I know you never said #4. Other people do. I've been arguing with those people. You then criticized my reasoning. Hence, either you agree with them or you disagree and you're simply trying to attack my reasoning... and failing at it.

Raoul
h1a8

oh.

infinite crisis doomsday fought two supermen. there's nothing to suggest he was slower than either of them.

and that's fine. i just don't want to see you arguing about any other doomsdays... uhuh

OneDumbG0
^ shifty

Badabing
OneDumbG0
Officially Banned

Restricted

badawe

Raoul
^ shifty

uhuh

Originally posted by Badabing
OneDumbG0
Officially Banned

Restricted

badawe

laughing out loud

OneDumbG0
OneDumbG0 ---> bye raygun <--- Badabing

*Badabing defeats the OneDumbG0.*

*Badabing gains 154 EXP.*

*Badabing gains 12 GP.*

darthgoober
ur reasoning is a hoot. Ur hate is kegendary. Ur trolling is laughable. And u saying byrne era superman is tragic. He clearly had space adventurea even then. He travelled undewr his own power.
Are you talking about Supes's "exile"? If so, I'm pretty sure he was using a Teleportation Belt to hop around, I don't think he was just flying from place to place.

ToughMind
who said that?

dos dd = dos superman, who to be fair, did have a decent amount of superspeed. is he anything close to current levels? nope...

Thank you.

The point that I and others are trying to make is that while Byrne's Superman was not nearly close to the speed of today's superman, he still reached supersonic speeds and was known to be faster than the flash at that time who could run at least Mach 4.

Therefore DOS was giving superman problems due to his speed for pretty much the whole fight. Superman could not block, dodge, or duck doomsday's punches getting busted up in the process. Therefore Doomsday was as fast and faster than Byrne's superman, who I am sure still had pretty good reflexes for THAT time.

DOS Doomsday did have superspeed. Lightspeed? No. But he did have superspeed. Doomsday was powered by stored solar energy like superman so why could he not share some of his abilities besides super strength?

ToughMind
ur reasoning is a hoot. Ur hate is kegendary. Ur trolling is laughable. And u saying byrne era superman is tragic. He clearly had space adventurea even then. He travelled undewr his own power.

Yep. Byrne's superman was fast in his own right for that era. Which was pretty fast and even then doomsday gave him more than he could handle.

ToughMind
so when maxima who has super speed swung and missed dd due to him dodging said attack that actually caught superman off guard. That wasn't super speed on dd's part? Lmao @ur bias.

In fact, doomsday caught Maxima off guard twice, while in close comabt.

OneDumbG0
^ Sock goes on ignore til it's banned.

Raoul
Guys, no backseat modding. you think someone is a sock, fine, report them, but openly accusing them doesn't help anyone.

OneDumbG0
^ Can't accuse someone of being a sock openly? Okie dokie. Wont' happen again...

... you sock, you. shifty

OneDumbG0 ---> bye raygun <--- Raoul

*Raoul defeats the OneDumbG0*

*Raoul gains 172 EXP*

*Raoul gains 0 GP, because Badabing already took it*

bunny

Raoul
^ Can't accuse someone of being a sock openly? Okie dokie. Wont' happen again...

*Raoul gains 172 EXP*

bunny

if you think someone's a sock, you can report them, pm a mod, hell, even IM one if you have their details. we just don't want to see people arguing about it on the boards.

also, yes, bada's a thief.

Starscream M

*Raoul gains 172 EXP*

bunny badabing only gained 154 exp from defeating you...how come Raoul gains more exp?

OneDumbG0
^ Because Badabing is a higher level than Raoul. Lower level characters get less EXP from the same foes. shifty

No seriously. I just put random numbers there. dur

Raoul
^ Because Badabing is a higher level than Raoul.

LIES. odious, shameful lies... sad

ToughMind
^ Sock goes on ignore til it's banned.

No I am not.

I do not even know what a "sock" is.

ToughMind
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ok, NOW I know what a sock is. Geez. You guys are paranoid.

I created this account months ago. I hardly ever post on here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.