Achilles vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Wolverine is practicing in the Danger Room and suddenly it comes to life and teleports him to Greece where Achilles is supposed to fight Hector, but fights Logan instead. Logan thinks he's still fighting a program. Achilles is fighting in the same mindstate he fought Hector in. Half taunting/Half bloodlusted over cousin's death.

Wolverine is wearing his X-Men uniform. He has his healing factor from the trilogy(not insane one vs. Jean), superhuman senses, adamantium skeleton, and claws.

Achilles has his normal armor which is plated adamantium for this fight. So are his sword, shield, and spear.

Final Blaxican
Achilles can't actually kill him, or knock him out.

So Wolverine wins eventually.

Darth Martin
Achilles is too skilled and fast for Logan. I don't see Logan getting past the shield. Once he gets close he gets stuck with the spear.

Snafu the Great
Hmm...Logan has the healing factor and the claws, Achilles is a battle-hardened warrior whose mother is a goddess with the invunerablity thing working for him (thanks to his mother Thetis dipping him into the River Styx as a child according to Greek mythology).

Pray that Logan doesn't go for the ankle - Achilles' weak spot.

This is a good fight, but it would be better if Wolverine and Achilles team up and go sickhouse on the Trojans Hero-style.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah. Everyone knows the story of Achilles' heel.

Ergo Wolverine wins.

I do commend you on your choice of Achilles though as an opponent.

Some good original thinking there.

Darth Martin
You do know this is Achilles from the movie Troy played by Brad Pitt. In the movie he's not invulnerable, he's just an extremely skilled warrior. Meybe a bit metahuman in strength and speed.

Achilles vs Hector- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4IoxEUmHM
Achilles vs Boagrius- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkUcZMXPfB4&feature=related
Insane Spear Throw- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2P6xhGNuwU&feature=related
Achilles leading the Myrmidons- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddu5fmInCUM&feature=related

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Achilles is too skilled and fast for Logan. I don't see Logan getting past the shield. Once he gets close he gets stuck with the spear.

Too fast?

What's his best speed feat?

And who cares if he gets stuck with the spear? Wolverine won't even flinch. He'll just chop the spear in half by cutting the wooden handle, then slice Achilles head off, WITH the metal part of the spear still embedded in his body.

Besides, Wolverine's claws will go right through the shield. Adamantium is hard enough and sharp enough to go right through a bronze shield.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Too fast?

What's his best speed feat?

And who cares if he gets stuck with the spear? Wolverine won't even flinch. He'll just chop the spear in half by cutting the wooden handle, then slice Achilles head off, WITH the metal part of the spear still embedded in his body.

Besides, Wolverine's claws will go right through the shield. Adamantium is hard enough and sharp enough to go right through a bronze shield. Obviously you didn't read the OP. Might help if you watched the videos I posted aswell. wink

Final Blaxican
Your right, I didn't read it, my bad.

And I saw the vids. Nothing I saw in them lead me to believe he is uber fast though.

Darth Martin
Try the fight with Boagrius. Notice how he casually dodges that spear throw. Then how Boagrius seems to be moving in slow motion compared to Achilles when he goes for the shoulder strike.

Never said he's uber fast. He's clearly faster then Wolverine.

Final Blaxican
He dodged the first one and saw the second one coming a mile away. No indication of great speed. And they were both moving in slow motion Achille's just looks faster because of the angle,and even if not Boagrius was hardly moving super fast himself.

Sadako of Girth
You do know this is Achilles from the movie Troy played by Brad Pitt. In the movie he's not invulnerable, he's just an extremely skilled warrior. Meybe a bit metahuman in strength and speed.

Achilles vs Hector- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf4IoxEUmHM
Achilles vs Boagrius- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkUcZMXPfB4&feature=related
Insane Spear Throw- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2P6xhGNuwU&feature=related
Achilles leading the Myrmidons- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddu5fmInCUM&feature=related

Oh, sorry dude.

I didnt clock that.

Definitely Wolverine then.

I thought we were talking 'Jason and the Argonauts' or some shit before. lolz

Darth Martin
Achilles is in that? I don't remember that? Knew Hercules was but not Achilles.

Anyway only advantage Wolverine has here is stamina and durability. He isn't that skilled. He got pwned by 'Tooth, Mystique, and Juggernaut(wasn't so much that he got beat, just didn't get any hits in).

Final Blaxican
Losing to any of those three is hardly showing of lack of skill.

Juggernaut is huge and indestructible so no amount of skill would have mattered, Sabertooth is actually a trained soldier and has multiple years of experience, he's also a trained mercenary and, as will soon be shown from the Wolverine movie, was trained by Weapon X, who has trained some of the best fighters in the entire Marvel UNIVERSE. Mystique is also extremely skilled and can go into room full of armed guards with guns and beat them all down with her fists alone.

All three of those people would rip Achilles in half as well, so I don't see your point.

Sadako of Girth
Achilles is in that? I don't remember that? Knew Hercules was but not Achilles.

Anyway only advantage Wolverine has here is stamina and durability. He isn't that skilled. He got pwned by 'Tooth, Mystique, and Juggernaut(wasn't so much that he got beat, just didn't get any hits in).

I think it was a big old bronze stutue version of Achilles with a plug in his ankle that if you pulled out, would let his internal sands/blood of whatever run out of his ankle.

jinXed by JaNx
Wolverine is a cheap character with no weaknesses what so ever. Even the greatest warrior of all time has a weakness and i'm sure cheap ass logan would find it eventually. If Logan doesn't find Achilles weakness i think it becomes a Stalmate. They will just get tired and go home.

Sadako of Girth
And then when he is done, he'll nick Achilles' secret stash of Cuban cigars. smokin'

Final Blaxican
Wolverine's the best at what he does.

He never explains what that is, aside from it not being very nice.

"Nice" is subjective, so it's logical to assume that he's simply the best at everything.

BruceSkywalker
Logan too easy

Darth Martin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Logan too easy How does he get this easy?

Publius II
Assuming Logan doesn't know Achilles' weakness and assuming further that Troy's Achilles is actually invulnerable, then Logan just stabs and slashes his entire body until he eventually gets to the heel.

Darth Martin
How is Logan getting past the shield and spear? The guy is extremely skilled, Logan isn't. He just slashes, Achilles actually has counter moves for every situation(his fight with Hector). The man can predict where arrows will be shot from and move his shield in the way of them while killing someone. He is also mopre agile based on his jumping feats in his fight with Hector. Sure Logan can easily heal from a spear swipe but I just don't see him getting past Achilles defenses.

jinXed by JaNx
How is Logan getting past the shield and spear? The guy is extremely skilled, Logan isn't. He just slashes, Achilles actually has counter moves for every situation(his fight with Hector). The man can predict where arrows will be shot from and move his shield in the way of them while killing someone. He is also mopre agile based on his jumping feats in his fight with Hector. Sure Logan can easily heal from a spear swipe but I just don't see him getting past Achilles defenses.

I agree but i don't know how Achilles will get past Logans healing factor.

Although, didn't Lady deathstrike pierce Wolverine Adamantium skeleton with her adamantium claws in the movie? I know in the comics, Adamantium swords can cut through adamantium armor but i don't remember if Lady Deathstrike pierced Wolverines skeleton. I suppose, if she did, Achilles will win quickly and easily. If not, then it just goes to a stalemate.

Publius II
Edit

Darth Martin
I don't remember her doing that, nor do I think it's possible.

Besides I'm sure once Achilles sees his slashes and stabs are somewhat innefective I'm sure he'd go for eyes, groin, ears, throat ect. Whereas I don't see Wolverine touching Achilles.

Publius II
Ears wouldn't do anything, he can grow back everything else in seconds.

Darth Martin
Ears would do something. He'd pause b/c of bloodloss. He wouldn't heal his ear in seconds. In movies he can heal open wounds, not regenerate(grow body parts back).

Publius II
Ears would do something. He'd pause b/c of bloodloss.From his ears?

The ear would regrow - or at least clot over - while he's fighting. Considering the guy takes multiple stab wounds to the abdomen and keeps on running, I doubt losing an ear is going to do much.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Publius II
From his ears? Seen "Passion of the Christ"? erm

Robtard
Wolverine's claws go through metal, so Brad's shield, armor, spear and sword would be diced into neat little pieces.

Wolverine can also regrow tissues, not just "heal cuts". This was seen in the movies, so I don't know what you're ranting on about.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
Wolverine's claws go through metal, so Brad's shield, armor, spear and sword would be diced into neat little pieces. Read the OP.

Publius II
Seen "Passion of the Christ"? erm Fake Jesus in a Mel Gibson movie =/= Wolverine.

Darth Martin
Where Peter slices the soldiers ear off? The blood loss? Ring a bell? No other example comes to mind for me. I'm trying to give an idea of how much blood loss there'll be for Logan.

Final Blaxican
Your ears really don't circulate all that much blood, compared to, ya know, your abdomen and shit.

Darth Martin
But he'll be in extreme pain, so much that I believe he'd stop fighting and in that time Achilles would take advantage.

Publius II

The guy pops six foot-long metal claws out of the skin between his knuckles every time he gets angry, yet cutting an ear is going to reduce him to tears? Not to mention the whole thing about he, y'know, had boiling metal bonded to his bones while he was still awake, had most of the skin on his body repeatedly ripped off by the Phoenix - which he simply walked through - etc.

You sure you're thinking of the right Wolverine?

Final Blaxican
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3641/clawshurthp7.jpg
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4749/clawshurt2cr6.jpg

I know it's the comics, but still.

Greatest pain she's even experienced in her life. no expression

Darth Martin
But then she's never had her ear cut off. And if your trying to compare 616 to the movies Wolverine hasn't shown any of his body parts cut off so it's impossible to know. But we agree Achilles can accomplish it I just don't agree that Logan will tag Achilles.

Final Blaxican

no expression

Publius II

no expression Pretty much...

Robtard
Read the OP.

Fair enough, then the fight last until Wolverince in able to land one decent blow to the neck, arms, legs or that bit of exposed tummy on Brad's armor.

Seriously, you have nothing here, one guy is a damage-absorbing sponge with one of the best healing factors, while the other guy is just a pretty-boy who can fight really well. Just a matter of time.

Robtard
But then she's never had her ear cut off. And if your trying to compare 616 to the movies Wolverine hasn't shown any of his body parts cut off so it's impossible to know. But we agree Achilles can accomplish it I just don't agree that Logan will tag Achilles.

Your argument is now hinging on Achilles chopping off an ear, stupid, that.

Phoenix was burning/disintegrating pieces of his flesh down to the bare adamantium-bone, he took it, losing an ear isn't going to stop him. Hell, Hollyfield lost a bit of ear, he was fine.

Sadako of Girth
Your argument is now hinging on Achilles chopping off an ear, stupid, that.

Phoenix was burning/disintegrating pieces of his flesh down to the bare adamantium-bone, he took it, losing an ear isn't going to stop him. Hell, Hollyfield lost a bit of ear, he was fine.

Hell Van Gough did it just to impress a bird his was in love with once.

Chopper Reid...? Both ears to just get a prison transfer.

Rogue Jedi
Fair enough, then the fight last until Wolverince in able to land one decent blow to the neck, arms, legs or that bit of exposed tummy on Brad's armor.

Seriously, you have nothing here, one guy is a damage-absorbing sponge with one of the best healing factors, while the other guy is just a pretty-boy who can fight really well. Just a matter of time. Indeed, this isnt really a fair fight.

Darth Martin
Your argument is now hinging on Achilles chopping off an ear, stupid, that. My argument is that Achilles could take off a number of parts aslong as their's no adamantium holding it together. Don't see Wolverine stabbing Achilles, that's all.

Sadako of Girth
Wouldn't it regenerate though...?

Rogue Jedi
I was gonna say that. And how will losing an ear slow Wolvie?

Sadako of Girth
He'd be marginally lighter, therefore marginally faster.

By a like an 2 grams plus bloodloss lol

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Wouldn't it regenerate though...? Not sure.

Rogue Jedi
He'd be marginally lighter, therefore marginally faster.

By a like an 2 grams plus bloodloss lol laughing

Publius II
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I was gonna say that. And how will losing an ear slow Wolvie? Originally posted by Darth Martin
Seen "Passion of the Christ?" Where Peter slices the soldiers ear off? The blood loss? Ring a bell? No other example comes to mind for me. I'm trying to give an idea of how much blood loss there'll be for Logan. He's clearly got it all thought out.

Robtard
My argument is that Achilles could take off a number of parts aslong as their's no adamantium holding it together.

Don't see Wolverine stabbing Achilles, that's all.

Okay, he could, like ears, lips, nose and bits of skin. How is that going to win the fight?

Maybe not at first, as he's fast and agile, but he certainly can't dodge him hour after hour.

In the end, you have one guy who can only hurt the other and one guy that can evicerate the other. Easy to see who wins.

Sadako of Girth
The forum deathmatch cheerleaders:
"E... V..... I-C-E....R-A-T-E Wins Wolvie...."

Rogue Jedi
He's clearly got it all thought out. Indeed haermm

Sadako of Girth
Okay, he could, like ears, lips, nose and bits of skin. How is that going to win the fight?

It never stopped Michael Jackson, thats for sure.

Publius II
The forum deathmatch cheerleaders:
"E... V..... I-C-E....R-A-T-E Wins Wolvie...." Rofl. I almost tried that out loud to get the flow. I decided I'd go cheerleader style.

E, V, I-C-E, R-A-T-E WINS WOLVIE! WOOOOO!

... Yep.

Rogue Jedi
*Wolvie slips a blade into Achille's butthole*

Who's yer daddy, Bub?

Sadako of Girth
Rofl. I almost tried that out loud to get the flow. I decided I'd go cheerleader style.

E, V, I-C-E, R-A-T-E WINS WOLVIE! WOOOOO!

... Yep.

stick out tongue

Robtard
*Wolvie slips a blade into Achille's butthole*

Who's yer daddy, Bub?

Prison flashback?

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

"I only ate a tiny little bit.... it was soft...spongy..!"
Critical Bill, "Things to do in Denver when you're dead"

Poor RJ. smokin'

Rogue Jedi
ninja

Ahsoka Tano
Wolverine wins vs MOVIE Achilles. No contest. Healing factor will obviously be the factor. Also the adamantium in wolverines bones (fist) would knock Achilles the **** out with one or maybe 2 punches. lul

Robtard
laughing out loud

"I only ate a tiny little bit.... it was soft...spongy..!"
Critical Bill, "Things to do in Denver when you're dead"

Poor RJ. smokin'

I loved Bill, Treat's best role ever. Also liked the "I am Godzilla and you are Tokyo!"

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
Wolverine wins vs MOVIE Achilles. No contest. Healing factor will obviously be the factor. Also the adamantium in wolverines bones (fist) would knock Achilles the **** out with one or maybe 2 punches. lul

Why do you put emphasis on "movie"? Because, Logan would kill the Achilles from mythology as well. Eventually.

Logan always wins. Eventually.

Ahsoka Tano
Why do you put emphasis on "movie"? Because, Logan would kill the Achilles from mythology as well. Eventually.

Relax Final, Wolverine could beat himself if necessary.

hesthebestatwhathedoesandwhathedoesisntverynice lul

Robtard

B.S., he couldn't beat Godzi-Kong-Wolvie-Xeno-Vader, aka "Benny".

Final Blaxican
Relax Final, Wolverine could beat himself if necessary.

hesthebestatwhathedoesandwhathedoesisntverynice lul

NO. IT WOULD BE A TUH-TUH-TUH-TIME...PARADOX!!

Ahsoka Tano
NO. IT WOULD BE A TUH-TUH-TUH-TIME...PARADOX!!

How about this guy

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9838/godzikongwolvixenovader.jpg

OH SHI-

Darth Martin
Wolverine wins vs MOVIE Achilles. No contest. Healing factor will obviously be the factor. Also the adamantium in wolverines bones (fist) would knock Achilles the **** out with one or maybe 2 punches. lul As if Logan would fight Achilles with his claws retracted(highly unlikely), and it's also ludicrous to think that Logan would connect with Achilles.

Sadako of Girth
Benny F**kin' Rules.

Publius II
and it's also ludicrous to think that Logan would connect with Achilles. Hector "connected" with Achilles less than two minutes into their fight. Some random soldier gave him that scar on his upper left arm. He isn't invulnerable, he's simply very, very good.

Wolverine is also very, very good and has the added advantage of being virtually indestructible, especially so in this case.

Rogue Jedi
I just read that haermm

Darth Martin
Hector "connected" with Achilles I meant connected as in with a "punch". If Mystique can hand Wolverine his ass unarmed, I'm still siding with Achilles.

Publius II
Yeah, it's not like Mystique's, y'know, good or anything...

Achilles is human; his stamina has limits. Wolverine's pretty much doesn't. Technically, all he needs to do is run around dodging Achilles' attacks until the Greek wears himself out, and then it's done.

And you still haven't told us just how Achilles is actually going to put Wolverine down.

Ahsoka Tano
I meant connected as in with a "punch". If Mystique can hand Wolverine his ass unarmed

What X-men movie was that in?

Rogue Jedi
X Men

Ahsoka Tano
X Men

Only thing that I could remember in the original was that Wolverine stabbed her with his claws.

Rogue Jedi
Only thing that I could remember in the original was that Wolverine stabbed her with his claws. They face off before that and she pwns dat ass.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't remember her doing that, nor do I think it's possible.

Besides I'm sure once Achilles sees his slashes and stabs are somewhat innefective I'm sure he'd go for eyes, groin, ears, throat ect. Whereas I don't see Wolverine touching Achilles.

Wait, we need someone who has seen this movie recently. When Deathstrike slams Wolverine onto the adamantium injection table i seem to remember her pressing both hands through Wolverines back. If they went through then they obviously pierced his skeleton. Seriously, if this is the case, Achilles is going to murder Wolverine like a high class hitman against a low class hooker.

Otherwise, this fight is going to Wolverine because he can heal all goddamn day and night. He also fights like an unpredictable animal. It sill come down to who can out last who before passing out from exhaustion. Unless, of course, Wolverine finds that lucky heal, but that is highly doubtful.

Publius II
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Wait, we need someone who has seen this movie recently. When Deathstrike slams Wolverine onto the adamantium injection table i seem to remember her pressing both hands through Wolverines back. If they went through then they obviously pierced his skeleton. Seriously, if this is the case, Achilles is going to murder Wolverine like a high class hitman against a low class hooker.Or she stabbed through his organs and between his ribs.

Movie Achilles isn't invulnerable; he has a scar on his upper right arm. Assuming Wolverine can't just beat down his defenses with his somewhat superhuman strength - he impales two fully-armored soldiers on his claws in X2 and then simply torques backwards while still on his knees, which sends them flying - then he wears Achilles out and rips him apart later.

Ahsoka Tano
They face off before that and she pwns dat ass.

I gotta watch it again. Can't remember that.

Rogue Jedi
Oh MAN it was sexy...............Her, not him.

jinXed by JaNx
Or she stabbed through his organs and between his ribs.

Movie Achilles isn't invulnerable; he has a scar on his upper right arm. Assuming Wolverine can't just beat down his defenses with his somewhat superhuman strength - he impales two fully-armored soldiers on his claws in X2 and then simply torques backwards while still on his knees, which sends them flying - then he wears Achilles out and rips him apart later.

Ok, well then Achilles definitely gets it handed to him, if Adamantium cannot pierce Adamantium.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Wait, we need someone who has seen this movie recently. When Deathstrike slams Wolverine onto the adamantium injection table i seem to remember her pressing both hands through Wolverines back. If they went through then they obviously pierced his skeleton. Seriously, if this is the case, Achilles is going to murder Wolverine like a high class hitman against a low class hooker.

Otherwise, this fight is going to Wolverine because he can heal all goddamn day and night. He also fights like an unpredictable animal. It sill come down to who can out last who before passing out from exhaustion. Unless, of course, Wolverine finds that lucky heal, but that is highly doubtful. No I think Deathstrike was piercing between his ribs. The part where the adamantium isn't at. Nothing's stopping Achilles from doing the same.

Robtard
No I think Deathstrike was piercing between his ribs. The part where the adamantium isn't at. Nothing's stopping Achilles from doing the same.

Okay, that didn't stop him either, as his healing factor keeps him going, just caused him immense paind.

So how is Achilles going to bring him down when he's way slower and less powerful than Deathstrike?

Publius II
By cutting off his ear, naturally.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

Darth Martin
Okay, that didn't stop him either, as his healing factor keeps him going, just caused him immense paind.

So how is Achilles going to bring him down when he's way slower and less powerful than Deathstrike? I wouldn't say he's slower. If you rewatch it looked like Logan was taking massive blood loss and might have passed out if the setting was changed. But Achilles can't stand inches away stabbing that would be dangerous on his part.

Publius II
I wouldn't say he's slower. If you rewatch it looked like Logan was taking massive blood loss and might have passed out if the setting was changed.That's because a girl strong enough to throw him several dozen feet straight up into the air was pinning him to a metal platform with one clawed hand while repeatedly stabbing him in the back with the other. That couldn't possibly happen with Achiiles.

Darth Martin
Well I'll admit I forgot her strength. Haven't watched X2 in awhile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.