Mass Effect 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Here are the first two images. Enjoy.

Nactous
And number Two

I forgot the teaser.
http://masseffect.bioware.com/teaser/index.html

Neo Darkhalen
As long as it's not as dull as the first one, then it should be good.

Any release date planned?

Nactous
I wouldnt say the first one was dull. Its an RPG.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Nactous
I wouldnt say the first one was dull. Its an RPG.

Yeah I know, that's why I was surprised to find it rather boring myself.

Ahh well maybe it'll pull a Gears move and make a fantastic sequel that puts the over hype of the first to rest and actually makes a good game...I think Mass effect was a half and half game, some like it some hate it guess I'm the latter of the two.

BackFire
I loved the original, can't wait for this.

Nactous
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Ahh well maybe it'll pull a Gears move and make a fantastic sequel that puts the over hype of the first to rest and actually makes a good game

Ah Gears, in action yes, in story no.

DorianYates
WTF did the teaser just say that your character Just got killed in action?

Anyways i cant wait for this game.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Yeah I know, that's why I was surprised to find it rather boring myself.

Ahh well maybe it'll pull a Gears move and make a fantastic sequel that puts the over hype of the first to rest and actually makes a good game...I think Mass effect was a half and half game, some like it some hate it guess I'm the latter of the two.

The first game was fantastic. Gears? not so much.

Originally posted by DorianYates
WTF did the teaser just say that your character Just got killed in action?

Anyways i cant wait for this game.

I don't believe it. A revelation like that in a teaser trailer? No, Bioware is up to something with this game... besides that kinda kills what bioware was talking about with continuing your character.

Also look on the left-hand side of the screen, see the name? As the site is very Cerberus based we can infer that good 'ol Drew Krapshyn and the Mass Effect team is up to something... And I don't think that this particular event mentioned in the trailer has transpired.

But it can be more or less a set-up to perhaps make the galaxy believe he is dead.

Nemesis X
The only thing I don't get is that if that person does get whacked, why is Bioware even telling us to save our save files? I think what Dorian said there is a load of crap.

DorianYates
Load of crap?

No, i merely mentioned what i saw in the teaser so i am *not* "saying a load of crap".

I simply don't believe shepard got killed, nothing that major is going to get revealed in a trailer let alone a teaser so chill man.

Zack Fair
I loved Mass Effect.

ThunderGodEneru
A. Gears of War being compared to Mass Effect IMO is lol.

B. If Shepard dies I swear to God I will fubar you for even saying that Dorian. estahuh

C. I loved the original, so I will get this as soon as it is out, hopefully there will be more Alien Fornification in this game, preferably with a Krogan. Mmm, Wrex you stud.

Nemesis X
Eneru that's just plain disturbing.

Morridini
Heh, that was an interesting teaser, I doubt Shepard is dead though.

Neo Darkhalen
Ah Gears, in action yes, in story no.

Oh no I'm not trying to say Gears 2 had a good story, but the gameplay was much better then the first.

DorianYates
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
A. Gears of War being compared to Mass Effect IMO is lol.

B. If Shepard dies I swear to God I will fubar you for even saying that Dorian. estahuh

C. I loved the original, so I will get this as soon as it is out, hopefully there will be more Alien Fornification in this game, preferably with a Krogan. Mmm, Wrex you stud.

Not trying to be sick or anything but maybe interspecies rape?

How about a female krogan,turian or salarian? Never saw any of those in the original mass effect and should be interesting to feature them.

Anyways when is the speculated release date?

Zack Fair
Gears of War can only be compared because it has many similarities. For example the cover and the engine(duh)

Gideon
Mass Effect is the best game I've ever played; top of the line in all of the categories. I'm looking forward to the second one.

ThunderGodEneru
Not trying to be sick or anything but maybe interspecies rape?

How about a female krogan,turian or salarian? Never saw any of those in the original mass effect and should be interesting to feature them.

Anyways when is the speculated release date? I agree, and it would add a new level of challenge to the game, raping a Krogan or Turian would not be easy I would imagine, both being physically larger and stronger, and it would be hard to rape a Salarian because they are so fast, you would have to blow her legs off first to catch her.

Mmmm, God I'm horny.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Gideon
Mass Effect is the best game I've ever played; top of the line in all of the categories. I'm looking forward to the second one.

I am extremely excited about this game, especially with the onset of this teaser.

Raoul
really looking forward to this. loved the first game, if this is half as good, ill be happy...

Zack Fair
Killed in Action eh?

Ha!

Morridini
So anyone got a source where Bioware say that we will be using our older save files? I've only ever played an RPG (or whatever the genre is) where that has been used before, and that is Golden Sun 2, it's a game elementI've always wanted to see more of.

Nemesis X
Things I hope they'll have in ME2:

1: Space battles. I want to fly the Normandy and blow ships up.

2: New enemies. The Geth are alright but I want something new to face.

3: New weapons. Can't have a good game without any weapons of mass destruction.

4: New allies. Since Kaiden or Ashley got blown up I wonder who will be my new partner.

5: More than a hundred missions.

6: Guest appearence. I want one of the Bioware staff to appear in the game so I can blast him with my shotgun for keeping me waiting for ME2.

Morridini
Originally posted by Nemesis X

IMO, ME alreayd had way too many identical sidequests, I would be willing to settle for fewer side quests, but up the quality.

I lost count of how many sidequests where all I had to do was go to a planet, which was identical to a hundred other sjust with a new tone of color, and get rid of some Geth, it just got tedious (the main quest however was pretty darned good). Take a look at Fallout 3, the sidequests are so greatly done you have a hard time distiungishing them from the main quest.

THE JLRTENJAC

You fight it out with Cerberus in Mass Effect side quests. And in the "Bringing down the Sky" expansion you fight the Batarians.

but I'd be willing to bet that both Batarians and Cerberus will have larger parts in Mass Effect 2.

Originally posted by Morridini
IMO, ME alreayd had way too many identical sidequests, I would be willing to settle for fewer side quests, but up the quality.

I lost count of how many sidequests where all I had to do was go to a planet, which was identical to a hundred other sjust with a new tone of color, and get rid of some Geth, it just got tedious (the main quest however was pretty darned good). Take a look at Fallout 3, the sidequests are so greatly done you have a hard time distiungishing them from the main quest.

True, that's the only thing I didn't like about Mass Effect.

DorianYates
I agree, and it would add a new level of challenge to the game, raping a Krogan or Turian would not be easy I would imagine, both being physically larger and stronger, and it would be hard to rape a Salarian because they are so fast, you would have to blow her legs off first to catch her.

Mmmm, God I'm horny. Hmm i actually think its the other way around, your character(if shepards female) getting raped by horny male turians.

God i seriously hope shepard does not die at all in ME2.

1: Space battles. I want to fly the Normandy and blow ships up.

3: New weapons. Can't have a good game without any weapons of mass destruction.

4: New allies. Since Kaiden or Ashley got blown up I wonder who will be my new partner.

6: Guest appearence. I want one of the Bioware staff to appear in the game so I can blast him with my shotgun for keeping me waiting for ME2.

Lemme add to that

1: More densely populated worlds like the citadel. Noveria and feros weren't so populated.(It makes it look far more epic and spectacular to have major worlds you can access in the galaxy map)

2: A rouge geth ally,(it be fun to see a geth ally imo rather than seeing all of them as enemies)

3: Better missions, the ones in the original games(the side quests) were VERY repetitive, i rather do 20 awesome sidequests rather than 50 repetitive ones

4: Like you said, more weapons

5: Yes, space battles

6: New allies, like a salarian a rouge geth hell even a batarian.

7: Well each planet being uniquely designed and not have the same bases as one another(every bunker in the planets in ME1 looked the same)

I'll think of more later.

Nemesis X
If Shepard does die, this should happen: After you fool around with either Ashley or Liara, save the game after that and when you play ME2, you should play the role as the son (or daughter) of Commander Shepard. Does that sound like a good idea?

ThunderGodEneru
No.

THE JLRTENJAC
If Shepard does die, this should happen: After you fool around with either Ashley or Liara, save the game after that and when you play ME2, you should play the role as the son (or daughter) of Commander Shepard. Does that sound like a good idea?

no

THE JLRTENJAC

1: More densely populated worlds like the citadel. Noveria and feros weren't so populated.(It makes it look far more epic and spectacular to have major worlds you can access in the galaxy map)

2: A rouge geth ally,(it be fun to see a geth ally imo rather than seeing all of them as enemies)

3: Better missions, the ones in the original games(the side quests) were VERY repetitive, i rather do 20 awesome sidequests rather than 50 repetitive ones

4: Like you said, more weapons

5: Yes, space battles

6: New allies, like a salarian a rouge geth hell even a batarian.

7: Well each planet being uniquely designed and not have the same bases as one another(every bunker in the planets in ME1 looked the same)

I'll think of more later.

1: From what I heard, we may be going to earth in Mass Effect 2, which would be cool. I'd personally like to go to some of the race's home worlds (Except the volus... that wouldn't work out well)

3: Definately needs beter side-quests.

6: I'd personally love to see a hanar ally, even if he isn't one of the people that fight with you.

7: Agreed, though there wouldn't be as many planets, I was getting tired of landing on the same planet over and over again. (And always in a mountain range too.)

Another thing I would like to see more decisions like this, with the scenes to go along with them.

rY2Vpcm8CYM

I mean the biggest decision in Mass Effect was whether to save Kaiden or Ashley. Then in the "bringing down the sky" expansion was whether to sacrifice the hostages to kill Balak or free the hostages by letting Balak go.

Oh and another thing that would be cool would be the order inwhich you go to the main planets affects the mission. Like lets take the missions in Mass Effect as an example: If you decide to go to Feros last, what should have happened was the entire colony was infected (save one person to tell you what was going on) or the geth should have killed the entire colony, and you find out everything through the terminal.)

Darth Exodus
Man, Bioware shouldn't bother hiring an ideas team, better to just surf some forums and steal all your ideas.

Everything above gets a huge thumbs up thumb up

Major Valerian
Mass Effect was epic, probably one of the best (if not the best) games I've ever played. I can't wait for the sequel.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
no

Do you have a better idea? I doubt Bioware is gonna let us play Wrex.

Smasandian
I'm not surprised about Sheppard dying.

It allows the developers to create a new character and the whole point of an RPG is to level up, and create your own character.

If they do allow to keep your save files, it will be used for the decisions you made in the end about who dies, and who lives and other stuff. It probably won't be used to continue your character.

DorianYates
Well i just posted in the official mass effect forums, one of the developers mentioned that the teaser trailer "tells you nothing" and that we should keep our save files.

k1Lla441
i did not like the first one at all. WAY to boring for me, not enough action.

ThunderGodEneru
Then don't post in this thread, dullard.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by k1Lla441

Then you know nothing of epic story telling.

Originally posted by Smasandian
I'm not surprised about Sheppard dying.

He's not dead. I mean, you don't reveal that kind of stuff in a teaser trailer. Those are primarily designed as a "Hey, here is the first official media concerning the game. at most a teaser will hint at what the story is. In this one's case, I think that "oficially" Shepard is dead, but in reality he is alive.

Perhaps the normandy was destroyed and Shepard somehow survived. Perhaps he was "declaired" dead so that he could find a way to stop the reapers without being hunted as much by the Geth.

Do you have a better idea? I doubt Bioware is gonna let us play Wrex.

Well consitering that the second game would have to take place 20 years after Mass Effect one for the whole "Shepard's kid saving the galaxy" thing to make sence, (not to mention that by that time the reapers would have allready shown up and eradicated all sentient life in the galaxy), Palying as the Hanar that has you smuggle the "package" into Port Hanshan is a beter idea.

Oh, and lets not forget the fact that you can choose not to seek "relations" between Ashley or Liara, in which case destroys any chance of shepard's kid saving the galaxy.

Smasandian
Just because the game had a very epic story doesn't mean the game play was fun or exciting.

He could have a point, the side missions weren't the greatest and the action wasn't as good as it could be.

Nemesis X

Then GTFO hater.

THE JLRTENJAC
Just because the game had a very epic story doesn't mean the game play was fun or exciting.

He could have a point, the side missions weren't the greatest and the action wasn't as good as it could be.

I can see what you mean, but sometimes you just have to stand back to enjoy a work of art.

Nemesis X
I'd hate to be the gamer who only has a PS3 and not a 360. Bioware hasn't even made a PS3 version for ME1 and I doubt they'll ever. I got my save files all readied up for the sequel.

THE JLRTENJAC
I'm pretty sure that Bioware and Sony are not friends.

Nemesis X
Why is a Geth wearing Shepard's armor? This isn't going to lead to a dramatic conclusion that Shepard transforms into a Geth is it?

Smasandian
I can see what you mean, but sometimes you just have to stand back to enjoy a work of art.

Well, its a game and if you don't like the game play, why would you stick around for the story?

DorianYates
Actually nemesisX it isn't wearing shepards armor, the geth is just behind shepards body.

Nemesis X
How do you knw that? I saw the trailer and it looked like a Geth is wearing Shepard's armor. If it was behind Shepard's body, then he got his head blown off? I doubt it.

Nactous

6: Guest appearence. I want one of the Bioware staff to appear in the game

Or better yet, MARCUS FENIX!!

DorianYates
How do you knw that? I saw the trailer and it looked like a Geth is wearing Shepard's armor. If it was behind Shepard's body, then he got his head blown off? I doubt it. Well incase you didn't notice how on earth is a geth armature or colossus(which is MASSIVE in size) going to fit into human armor?

THE JLRTENJAC
Or better yet, MARCUS FENIX!!

FOOL OF A TOOK!

Well incase you didn't notice how on earth is a geth armature or colossus(which is MASSIVE in size) going to fit into human armor?

It looks like the armor may be on a tall rock, with the armature standing behind it, or the the armor may be draped over the armature.

But Dorian is right, there is no way that thing could be wearing Shepard's armor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't had a chance to check this out yet, but here's something that someone had posted on CVG that I found interesting:

THE JLRTENJAC
Then I also found this on N4G

and also on CVG

So, it looks like sony fanboys who never purchased a 360 may get to enjoy the Mass Effect games...

How do you knw that? I saw the trailer and it looked like a Geth is wearing Shepard's armor. If it was behind Shepard's body, then he got his head blown off? I doubt it.

Well, if you look, you will see that the camera begins below the neck and pans down to where the blood is splattered on the bottom of the chest-piece.

ArtificialGlory
Didn't really like the first one. Let's hope this one is gonna be better.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Didn't really like the first one. Let's hope this one is gonna be better.

Gah, what's with all the people posting in here to say they didn't like the first one?

Nactous
Opinions man. We need to stop people from having those!!

THE JLRTENJAC
Opinions man. We need to stop people from having those!!

I see what you mean, but most people that I have spoken with that said they didn't like it got it expecting a shooter similar to Gears or a third-person Halo. When they got an RPG (which the game was marketed as) they suddenly didn't like the game.

Lets not even mention the guy who wrote (was it EGM or Game Informer... I can't remember which as I was getting both at the time) saying that Mass Effect was aweful because "there wasn't enough action".

Nactous
Well, they are morons.

THE JLRTENJAC
laughing out loud

Allankles
Good news.

Things I'd like to see in Mass Effect 2 are, more control over your party in combat (ala Republic Commando) and more open ended environments to free up strategy, like flanking etc.

Also more engaging side-quests; outside of the ship-to-ship side-quests, the Ceberus conspiracy and Bringing Down the House and a few others, the side quests in ME were forgettable.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Didn't really like the first one. Let's hope this one is gonna be better. Then you sir are a distasteful dullard.

I, personally, am a whore for character customization.

It was alright in the first game, but could be better.

k1Lla441
Then GTFO hater.
No. and a good story line with boring ass gameplay does not make a good game.

Allankles
No. and a good story line with boring ass gameplay does not make a good game.

The gameplay was alright, it's when you play the hardest difficulty that its short coming become evident. Improving AI, giving more control over your party and improving the effectiveness of grenades will help the gameplay immensely. More open environments as well.

DorianYates
No. and a good story line with boring ass gameplay does not make a good game. In your personal opinion yes, in the eyes of those who love the game, no.

Icy Ninja
Can't wait for this, first one was game of the year for 2007 imo.

Smasandian
In your personal opinion yes, in the eyes of those who love the game, no.

Obviously.

THE JLRTENJAC
No. and a good story line with boring ass game play does not make a good game.

RPGs by nature don't have the most entertaining game play. Just look at some of the most popular RPG's like Final Fantasy etc... Most (but not all) of those games is a lot of roaming and any action in it is pretty dull Turn-based fighting.

However they are popular because they have engaging stories.

Not all good games have Halo-like or Gears-like intense fast-paced action.

And Mass Effect had far more entertaining game play than that of many Final Fantasy games.

Smasandian
But the thing is is that they said they didnt like Mass Effect and thought it was boring.

That can be a correct assumption.

k1Lla441
In your personal opinion yes, in the eyes of those who love the game, no.
As smasandian said, obvious. I would never speak for anyone else, which was wierd when i got 2 comments instantly at me for saying something bad about this game even tho is just an opinion, but w/e.

RPGs by nature don't have the most entertaining game play. Just look at some of the most popular RPG's like Final Fantasy etc... Most (but not all) of those games is a lot of roaming and any action in it is pretty dull Turn-based fighting.

However they are popular because they have engaging stories.

Not all good games have Halo-like or Gears-like intense fast-paced action.

And Mass Effect had far more entertaining game play than that of many Final Fantasy games.
1. there are different types of rpgs that arent directly turnbased, as in this case right here. mass effect was a boring type of rpg for me, yet crisis core was a great game for me.

2. Quit putting words in my mouth. you may not have directly stated it, but your trying to imply that "halo and gears" are the only typical fun games that i like. As i said before, its an opinion, so dont hurt yourself by getting to mad about it.

THE JLRTENJAC
But the thing is is that they said they didnt like Mass Effect and thought it was boring.

That can be a correct assumption.

Yes, but you should find out about something before you get into it.

Mass Effect was not built with for intense gameplay, rather great story telling. And anyone with half a brain would have picked this game up knowing that it wasn't going to be some intense, gritty, shooter. Rather an RPG... which is not a shooter.

THE JLRTENJAC
As smasandian said, obvious. I would never speak for anyone else, which was wierd when i got 2 comments instantly at me for saying something bad about this game even tho is just an opinion, but w/e.

1. there are different types of rpgs that arent directly turnbased, as in this case right here. mass effect was a boring type of rpg for me, yet crisis core was a great game for me.

2. Quit putting words in my mouth. you may not have directly stated it, but your trying to imply that "halo and gears" are the only typical fun games that i like. As i said before, its an opinion, so dont hurt yourself by getting to mad about it.

1. I never said that all RPGs are turn based. I would have to be a fool to say something like that. Especially after having played several (Mass Effect, Final Fantasy XII, and Infinite Undiscovery, just to name a few)

2. Not really, Gears and Halo were just the first things that came to mind as I had lanyards for both sitting infront of me at the time. Nor am I getting "mad" just mildly annoyed.

DorianYates

Sorry, just couldn't resist big grin

ale-8-1
All Bioware games suck, the sooner people realise that the sooner we can all get back to having good games coming out.

Major Valerian
Yeah, this is the perfect place to say that, you know.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by ale-8-1
All Bioware games suck, the sooner people realise that the sooner we can all get back to having good games coming out.

Ginger! Its been awhile.I see you havent changed at all.

Any way Bioware has made many great games.

A few being

Mass Effect
kotor
Jade Empire
and Sonic Chronicles

Major Valerian
I've never played Jade Empire. I should.

ale-8-1
Ginger! Its been awhile.I see you havent changed at all.

Any way Bioware has made many great games.

A few being

Mass Effect
kotor
Jade Empire
and Sonic Chronicles

Well well well. It is you.

Still hate PETA?

KOTO sucked for 3 reasons.

1 crappy story
2. no action
and 3. a so-called twist that is as cleshayed as "I am your father"

Mass Effect sucked for several reasons

1. crappy story
2. dullest gameplay ever
3. and obscene sexual situations

I never played Jade Empire. But it probably stucked just as badly.

And Sonic Chronicles makes me maddest... I mean sonic couldn't even run.

Bioware just needs to die go to hell and burn!

THE JLRTENJAC
Well well well. It is you.

Still hate PETA?

KOTO sucked for 3 reasons.

1 crappy story
2. no action

Mass Effect sucked for several reasons

1. crappy story
2. dullest gameplay ever
3. and obscene sexual situations

I never played Jade Empire. But it probably stucked just as badly.

And Sonic Chronicles makes me maddest... I mean sonic couldn't even run.

Bioware just needs to die go to hell and burn!

... wow... just wow...

1. KOTOR and Mass Effect both had exelent stories.
2. Action doesn't make a game
3 (KOTOR) At the time "I am your father" was a shocking revelation, wheras it is consitered cliched now because it has been ripped off of so many times it's not funny. (Mass Effect) Did you actually play this game or did you just watch the idiot on Fox News? Or worse yet, did you think that this:
Ixt1eu11LXk
was an actual news cast...

Originally posted by Major Valerian
I've never played Jade Empire. I should.

You should, It was a very good game. It's been awhile since I played it though, so I need go go back and play it again.

Nemesis X
Several reasons why Mass Effect sucked

1. Those husks look like my mother and I don't want a game with my mother in it.
2. The game makes me awfully annoying on these forums and I can never shut up about how bad the game is
3. and it has sexual scenes I think about while in bed.

I just need to die go to hell and burn!

Wow, you have issues.

DorianYates
All Bioware games suck, the sooner people realise that the sooner we can all get back to having good games coming out. Gtfo troll....

THE JLRTENJAC

Wow, you have issues.

laughing out loud

ale-8-1
Wow, you have issues.

THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID

ale-8-1
Wow, you have issues.

laughing out loud

and you have been in a thorn in my side for far too long.

THE JLRTENJAC
Dude. The last two times we met was when you got mad about my PETKT sig, and then when you showed up in Nac's KOTOR respect thread.

You know, I think I'm gonna re-make the PETKT sig.

Anyway this conversation is foolish, Ginger. and I will have no further part in it.

ale-8-1
you know what? I HATE YOU ALL AND WILL NEVER RETURN TO THIS SITE AGAIN!!!

THE JLRTENJAC
bye! Au Revoir! Have fun! See 'ya around... hopefully not.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we have been de-trollified, back to the topic at hand.

I would like to see more of the Batarians this time around.

Nactous

KOTOR sucked for 3 reasons.

1 crappy story
2. no action

Blow ME!
You piece of sh!t.

Im sorry, but I HATE this guy.

THE JLRTENJAC
Blow ME!
You piece of sh!t.

Im sorry, but I HATE this guy.

You're alittle late there Nac, he allready promised to leave... hopefully he'll keep his promise. yes

Nactous
Really. We don't live in the world were people say what they mean, you know.

THE JLRTENJAC
Really. We don't live in the world were people say what they mean, you know.

Hey, one can hope can't he? Anyway odds are he'll be gone for awhile anyway. You know how he works, he shows up, trolls for awhile, and then when he sees that noone is turining to his irrational thinking he turns tail and runs.

any way... back on topic. I'd like this thread to remain for awhile. Trolls gone, lets get back to buisness.

Shepard LIVES!

DorianYates
How many of you play fem shepards?

Icy Ninja
I have a female Shepard soldier class, my male is a Vanguard.(my favorite class)

Final Blaxican
Is she cute? Nothing else really matters.

Nemesis X
I wonder if I'll go on that Quarian planet that's ruled by the geth. That would be interesting.

ThunderGodEneru
Or better yet, I wonder if you can have sex with a Quarian? droolio

Nemesis X
Or better yet, I wonder if you can have sex with a Quarian? droolio

Why is it that whenever I mention a Quarian, you always have to bring something like that up?

Icy Ninja
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Is she cute? Nothing else really matters.
I tried to make her as good looking as I could but it's pretty difficult.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Icy Ninja
I tried to make her as good looking as I could but it's pretty difficult.

Which is why the character custimization better improve in the sequel.

Since Shepard is dead, I wonder if I can choose a different race to play as. I want to play a Krogan first and I'll play a turian second. I don't want to play as a salarian because I find them to be a weak race and they only won against Krogan in the past because they unleashed a virus on them. Speaking of which, I wonder if in the sequel, I'll find a cure for the genophage and watch the Krogan dominate the universe.

k1Lla441
1. I never said that all RPGs are turn based. I would have to be a fool to say something like that. Especially after having played several (Mass Effect, Final Fantasy XII, and Infinite Undiscovery, just to name a few)

2. Not really, Gears and Halo were just the first things that came to mind as I had lanyards for both sitting infront of me at the time. Nor am I getting "mad" just mildly annoyed.

1. Wasnt really my point, let me rephrase that; you stated that "rpgs by nature dont have the most entertaining gameplay" which seems to me like your trying to find an excuse for the fact mass effect was boring for me. I played many rpgs, and most of them were good, and i find mass effect to just be very boring and hardly any action at all.

2. Mildly annoyed at the fact that my opinion is mass effect is boring? confused

Raoul

god no. can't send a woman to do a man's job.

honestly though, no, i never play as a fem shephard...

Icy Ninja
I found the voice of the female Shepard to be far better then the voice of the male Shepard

Darth Exodus
Most of the time. Her voice is awesome and you get to lez it up.... shifty

THE JLRTENJAC
Since Shepard is dead

No he's not.

I always play as male because I like to play as the... for lack of a beter term... poster-boy character (if there is one, and with Mass Effect the general Male Shepard appearance is the one that the game was completely marketed with. I don't think I ever saw an ad with the female shepard, or a customised shepard.

That's what I did with KOTOR aswell. I chose the face that it was most marketed with.

Darth Exodus
Any reason why?

Major Valerian

I've played like two walkthroughs with fem Shepards. Both of them are gorgeous Shepards, as well. I find it very easy to make extremely good looking female Shepards, but extremely difficult to make good-looking male Shepards.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Any reason why?

I just get used to that character through all the adds and stuff, so that's the one I pick.

It comes to the point that when I think of the character, I see that face, and no others.

Nactous
RPG, are by nature "boring"...for those who cant read.

DorianYates
I've played like two walkthroughs with fem Shepards. Both of them are gorgeous Shepards, as well. I find it very easy to make extremely good looking female Shepards, but extremely difficult to make good-looking male Shepards. LOL thats actually true, its easier to make pretty femsheps compared to handsome shepards.

like this shepard of mine.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7738/97356694vv2.png

Final Blaxican
Yeah. She looks like a hot french chick.

ThunderGodEneru
Indeed, I'd shag her.

My latest Shepard I designed after Darth Vader without the mask. Lol.

Major Valerian
lol. I'll post some pics of my latest female Shepard when I can. She's ****ing hot.

KingD19
I actually made a pretty cool looking male shepard, with a scar and everything.

DorianYates
lol. I'll post some pics of my latest female Shepard when I can. She's ****ing hot. Don't forget to post sliders man.

For my shep its very easy, just click the preset button twice, change the hairstyle, tweak the lips . chin, jaw a little and bam.

I am not going to install/play the game again until nearing the release of ME2 though, lost all of my data because i reformatted my HD.

Darth Exodus
What armour's that? It looks shnazzy.

Phanteros
LOL thats actually true, its easier to make pretty femsheps compared to handsome shepards.

like this shepard of mine.

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/7738/97356694vv2.png
i'll tap that

THE JLRTENJAC
RPG, are by nature "boring"...for those who cant read.

Now be fair Nac. Just because someone thinks an RPG is boring doesn't mean that said person can't read. They just don't care to try to expand their minds to wrap around any kind of complex story...

But by nature RPGs are not as intense as say... Gears of war... which had little story, but alot of fast-pased action...

Nactous
Gears of war... which had little story, but alot of fast-pased action...

And brite, flashing colors! eek!

THE JLRTENJAC
1. Wasnt really my point, let me rephrase that; you stated that "rpgs by nature dont have the most entertaining gameplay" which seems to me like your trying to find an excuse for the fact mass effect was boring for me. I played many rpgs, and most of them were good, and i find mass effect to just be very boring and hardly any action at all.

Yes, but most... well atleast most of the popular RPGs have "hardly any action at all".

I mean, how do any of these have more action than Mass Effect?

KJp3U1781MU

7keDXEPGkDM

bHxiznAx7g0

Nactous
Oh, snap!

THE JLRTENJAC
Oh, snap!

DorianYates
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
What armour's that? It looks shnazzy. Can't quite remember, i cheated to get that armor.

THE JLRTENJAC
Pssh. cheaters.

Nemesis X
Are all the other reapers gonna look like Sovereign?

THE JLRTENJAC
Possibly.

Nemesis X
What if you can choose one of your teammates to take Shepard's place as Commander?

Smasandian
Well, no.

Wasn't there only like 2 humans?

DorianYates
Are all the other reapers gonna look like Sovereign? Maybe, maybe not tbh.

Personally i don't think they all look like sovereign, i am sure there are different classes of reapers.

THE JLRTENJAC
Well, no.

Wasn't there only like 2 humans?

Yup, Kaidan and Ashley.

Nactous
There were more than 2.

THE JLRTENJAC
Read from Nemesis X down. None of the humans on the ship were your "Teammates".

Nemesis X
Read from Nemesis X down. None of the humans on the ship were your "Teammates".

Kaiden and Ashley are teammates and so are Wrex, Garrus, Liara, and Tali. Since Shepard is dead (quit saying he's not), I was just wondering who would take his place to command the Normandy and save the universe from the reapers.

DorianYates
Please a teaser trailer wouldn't spoil and give away such an epic event, if you paid attention to the mass effect forums, the designers already stated that the teaser tells you nothing.

Hell if that isn't the case then let me point out that the teaser for halo 2(or 3) listed master chief as KIA(dead) but was he in halo 2 or 3? No.

Nemesis X
Halo 2 or 3 had a teaser that said that? I demand proof.

ThunderGodEneru
Hell if that isn't the case then let me point out that the teaser for halo 2(or 3) listed master chief as KIA(dead) but was he in halo 2 or 3? No. Master Chief was not in Halo 2 or 3? Then who the bloody hell was I playing as!?

smile

Final Blaxican
He didn't even make a grammar mistake. You did. no expression

ThunderGodEneru
He said Master Chief was listed as KIA(Killed in Action) in Halo 2 or 3 in some teaser, then he asked was he in Halo 2 or 3? And his answer was no, while that may not be a technical grammar mistake, it is just incorrect.

Point out my mistake in grammar.

Final Blaxican
Because the question was:

"The trailer showed that Master was listed as KIA in Halo 2 or 3, but was he in either? No."

I''ll fill in the gaps for you. 131

"let me point out that the teaser for halo 2(or 3) listed master chief as KIA(dead) but was he KIA] in halo 2 or 3? No].

He was asking weither the Chief was dead in either Halo 2 or 3, not was he ana ctual character in the games. Noobwaffle.

ThunderGodEneru
Because the question was:

"The trailer showed that Master was listed as KIA in Halo 2 or 3, but was he in either? No."

I''ll fill in the gaps for you. 131

"let me point out that the teaser for halo 2(or 3) listed master chief as KIA(dead) but was he KIA] in halo 2 or 3? No].

He was asking weither the Chief was dead in either Halo 2 or 3, not was he ana ctual character in the games. Noobwaffle. Then Dorian is not a clear writer(or to be exact, he is not proficient at thinking his thoughts out on the keyboard, or more likely, chooses not to) in that his sentences are not precise nor clear in their meaning.

But because you find it necessary to bust my balls.

I will point out your errors in this post.

Your first error in typing this post is not using one apostrophe when typing "I'll," you had two between the "I" and "l".

A capitalisation error is found in your attempt at forming Dorian's sentence into one with a much clearer meaning, the starting "l" is lower case. Actually, several more can be found, I shall list them in the order you used them in, only capitalised.

"Halo 2"

"Master Chief"

"Halo 2" again.

Also, you neglected to add a quotation mark at the end of the rewrite of Dorian's sentence, there should be one because you had one at the beginning.

Weither? What the hell does weither mean? Oh, you meant whether? Spelling error.

"The" is usually spelled with a "t" before the "he."

You type far too fast for your own good, "ana ctual" makes no logical sense, unless rewrote to be "an actual."

In short, you, my fine sir, are the noobwaffle, and you will NOT give me an English lesson. 131

Final Blaxican
Then Dorian is not a clear writer(or to be exact, he is not proficient at thinking his thoughts out on the keyboard, or more likely, chooses not to) in that his sentences are not precise nor clear in their meaning.

It was 100% absolutely clear to me, noobwaffle.

It was deliberate, thus not an error. 131

Paraphrases can't have grammatical errors, technically. Try again cake.

Deliberate.

Deliberate.

Crymoar. super13

ThunderGodEneru
It was 100% absolutely clear to me, noobwaffle.

It was deliberate, thus not an error. 131

Paraphrases can't have grammatical errors, technically. Try again cake.

Deliberate.

Deliberate.

Crymoar. super13 1. Because you read in a very shitty fashion, and as such recognise shitty writings point. 131

2. Do not lie to me sir.

3. That is bullshit. A paraphrase is simply a restatement of something that clarifies it, in your own words, and as such, is subject to error, seeing as how it is not a direct quotation. If you paraphrase something and mispell every word and have horrible punctuation, then you sir, are flawed in your attempt at paraphrasing.

4. Nah.

5. Nah.

6. Only if you give me naked pictures of your mother.

DorianYates
Please a teaser trailer wouldn't spoil and give away such an epic event, if you paid attention to the mass effect forums, the designers already stated that the teaser tells you nothing.

Hell if that isn't the case then let me point out that the teaser for halo 2(or 3) listed master chief as KIA(dead) but was he in halo 2 or 3? No. Chill man, i clearly asked if he was dead in halo 2 or 3. But hopefully your just wanting to mess with me wink

Back on topic, Nemesis X, shepard is NOT dead. Browse the official forums for christ sake, chris priestly(one of the developers) clearly stated that the teaser tells you absolutely nothing.

Or how about the teaser for hellshighway? It did show the main protoganist(from his POV) getting shot but that didn't happen in the actual game, infact in the actual game it waas nothing more than a dream.

THE JLRTENJAC
Chill man, i clearly asked if he was dead in halo 2 or 3. But hopefully your just wanting to mess with me wink

Back on topic, Nemesis X, shepard is NOT dead. Browse the official forums for christ sake, chris priestly(one of the developers) clearly stated that the teaser tells you absolutely nothing.

Or how about the teaser for hellshighway? It did show the main protoganist(from his POV) getting shot but that didn't happen in the actual game, infact in the actual game it waas nothing more than a dream.

Or in the guide to Gears 2 (inside back cover), where it shows a Locust using Baird as a meat-shield. Did that happen in the game? no... (though it should have).

Teaser trailers are just a way for companies to say "hey, here's the game, and here's something to look at and argue about untill we are ready to give you real information.

Also Mass Effect 1 had a trailer in which wasn't in the main game.

LP4HHz7zlg0

And I was looking forward to having to make that decision too.
and not to mention there was a lot of stuff in the E3 2006 demo walkthrough that wasn't in the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11786.html

DorianYates
^ Bingo.

A huge spoiler/revelation will never be featured on a teaser.

Major Valerian
Ever!

Nactous
Or in the guide to Gears 2 (inside back cover), where it shows a Locust using Baird as a meat-shield. Did that happen in the game? no... (though it should have).

Teaser trailers are just a way for companies to say "hey, here's the game, and here's something to look at and argue about untill we are ready to give you real information.

Also Mass Effect 1 had a trailer in which wasn't in the main game.

LP4HHz7zlg0

And I was looking forward to having to make that decision too.
and not to mention there was a lot of stuff in the E3 2006 demo walkthrough that wasn't in the game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11786.html

That was a bad example, because it was a mission situation. To be KIA is more of a plot twist, that's not something they would just joke/tease and then remove. I can guarantee that a "death" of Shepard will be in there in some form.

Major Valerian
Here's my favourite female Shepard:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4166/007gbf.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5929/008iyw.jpg

DorianYates
Nice. You got the sliders for that face?

Major Valerian
Sorry, I don't. But I could do a very, very similar femShep, if I wanted. I'll give the slides when I do the next.

DorianYates
Yea sure thanks, Hmm maybe PM me if you could do the same smile

ThunderGodEneru
Okay seriously this is some creepy shit IMO.

And I like it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>