Alex vs. Cole

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Alex Mercer from Prototype faces off against Cole McGarth from InFamous.

Fight is in New York City.

Who will win?

Nemesis X
You know what? You know who Cole looks like so I ain't bothering. Stupid image box.

Phanteros
who will win

Nemesis X
Dude, Mercer owns Cole so badly they need a new delivery boy.

ThunderGodEneru
Alex probably.

Phanteros
some one lock my duplicate thread?

SpadeKing
you mean the guy from the upcoming game prototype who jumps 1000ft into the air? transforms into human sized tank? take any form and memories? pretty much indestructible?

I'll say Cole the guy I haven't really heard of no expression

danteiscool
Alex impales him with those spikes of his. not before puching a huge hole through Cole's chest.

Nemesis X
Alex is the Hulk but way more badass. How Cole can even remotely hurt Alex is beyond me. Those electric attacks would probably just piss him off.

Burning thought
I dont know much about Cole and what he can do but Alex can take tank shells and missles with ease, especially in his armour, has taken lightning from his foes and has incredible speed and manouverability in general.

He may be able to just rip apart Cole with his long range whip, use a Devastator move and if theres anyone else in the city he could take their form, regenerate and come back time and time again if for some reason Cole has some way of defending himself or highly impressive attacks.

Considering Alex can smash tanks (Abrams) with ease as well as Helicopters his damage is also high. I would say he can probably dish out more than he can actually take which is fairly impressive for his level of character.

Phanteros
been done before.

Phanteros
bump

Burning thought
why? its a duplicate, which is why I bumped the original....yet now you bump your own..."sigh"

Phanteros
now i have a gauge over their abilities. the fight takes place over a ravaged Kentucky city where the fighters start 50 yards apart. cole gets all of his abilities. and there is an extra supply of electricity when he needs it. the area still is generating electricity though and has a lot of 18 wheelers and such.

can i have a mod put this at the top?

Burning thought
So what out of interest can Cole do to Alex? if Alex can take a tank shot, does Cole have something to damage Alex? can he keep up with his speed?

Phanteros
Originally posted by Burning thought
So what out of interest can Cole do to Alex? if Alex can take a tank shot, does Cole have something to damage Alex? can he keep up with his speed? cole game make a lot of sticky grenades and have them exploded he makes generaters explode by overloading them. and pending on the area he can use a barrage of electric attacks from out of no where.

Peach
Actually, this one is the original.

However, I edited out the obnoxiously huge images. Don't do that, Nemesis.

Edit: And just merged the two threads as the other actually had some discussion going on.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I lol'd at playing Prototype. It's basically The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction with different super powers, unnecessary amounts of blood and violence, and a different setting.

Anyway, I'm going to say Cole. There's no reason that Cole can't harm Alex. Alex may be immune to tank shells, but that doesn't matter, Cole doesn't shoot bullets he shoots electricity.

Is there any reason Alex wouldn't be affected by that?

NemeBro
Is there any reason Cole won't be affected by a 20 meter spiked whip?

MooCowofJustice
Electricity travels faster than said whip.

Back to my question. Is there any reason Alex isn't affected by electricity?

NemeBro
has taken lightning from his foes

MooCowofJustice
Hmm, I should start reading BT's posts.

What did he mean though? Just taken a hit or actually absorbed the electricity from their body?

KingD19
You obviously haven't seen his Devastator attacks, those whips are fast, man, uber fast.

MooCowofJustice
Yeah, I really haven't. I quit playing it after I realized it was just like Hulk: UD.

Glad I rented it.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by NemeBro
Is there any reason Cole won't be affected by a 20 meter spiked whip?

That would depend on what version of Cole we're talking about. If at his prime, I'm very certain Alex could never hit Cole. Cole as you play him beginning to end could have some problems.

The strongest attack by Cole splits trucks in half, for what it's worth. His shockwave can pack a punch around the force level of 6-10 ton. I'll add that Cole has slowmotion vision, much like the one used in Master Chief debates (Only this one makes jetplanes appear flying at a crawl).

NemeBro
Apparently Alex was hit by a nuke and survived.

At this point I would wager Cole's attacks can do nothing to kill Alex.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I'm sure Cole is chanceless. Just putting it out there.

Utrigita
If what Nemebro says is correct then yes Cole is chanceless, atleast in terms of defeating Alex. Perhaps he can draw a stalemate...

C. C. Cowgirl!
Cole at his prime can attack the mind rather than the body though.

Nemesis X
Alex is faster, stronger, smarter, and more badass than Cole.

Utrigita
Originally posted by C. C. Cowgirl!
Cole at his prime can attack the mind rather than the body though.

Telepathy???

C. C. Cowgirl!
You never get that particular ability when you play as Cole, but Cole at his prime has some quite fine powers. Timetravel and telepathy would be two worth mentioning.

The particular ability that attacks the mind is not likely to hit Alex though, unless he decide to come up close and stay there. It's a slow projectile, so Cole would need him up close to hit him. So it's not purely mental, but the projected attack has to hit the target in order to injure it mentally.

MooCowofJustice
He's also teleported short distances and moved very fast for about that same distance.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Indeed. To beat his reaction time at that point you need to be faster than lightning.

NemeBro
Are you talking about that Kessler guy?

For obvious reasons, he should not be considered Cole from a vs. thread perspective.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Very true. But he can't really be denied as Cole at his prime.

KingD19
Actually he can, although he is primarily whatr Cole could become, Cole himself hasn't reached that level, and he might not ever reach that level. At this moment in time, Cole in his Prime would more than likely be Cole with all in game powers maxed out.

Quincy
Cole will undoubtedly go beyond the level that Kessler is at. Since Cole received his powers from the Ray Sphere much earlier than Kessler did, and began training himself in their use from day one.

Whereas Kessler received powers and ignored them, refused to fight until it was too late to save his world.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Yeah. By the time Cole is the age of Kessler, Cole will have some insane levels of power. Time travel and telepathy can possibly be frowned at.

But to give an on-topic opinion: Cole don't have power to compare with a nuclear blast, so he can't kill Alex.

Doctor-Alvis
Did Cole have any more exotic powers? Most of what I saw in the demo was zapping people with electricity, which is a completely different type of attack than an explosion.

Nemesis X
I think Kessler only time traveled because of that device on his arm. I doubt that he gained the super power to travel through time because that would be overdoing it for Cole don't you think?

MooCowofJustice
Not at all, I just don't understand how it worked.

But I suppose it is true that the Sphere never actually was stated to only give electrical powers. It might have bestowed some other gifts to people.

I bet Zeke got some powers and we find out in the next game.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice

But I suppose it is true that the Sphere never actually was stated to only give electrical powers. It might have bestowed some other gifts to people.

I think Kessler traveled through time by using that robotic arm of his. I saw buttons on that arm. Kessler pushes them to make a day, month and year and pushes the main button to appear in that timeline. It's possible.

I did find a Dead Drop that had one of Kessler's audio diaries. He said something about a test subject gaining the ability to fly right when the Sphere activated next to him.

If Zeke had powers, he would've used them instead of his gun to attack Kessler.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think Kessler traveled through time by using that robotic arm of his. I saw buttons on that arm. Kessler pushes them to make a day, month and year and pushes the main button to appear in that timeline. It's possible.

I did find a Dead Drop that had one of Kessler's audio diaries. He said something about a test subject gaining the ability to fly right when the Sphere activated next to him.

I believe we've also heard about varying times of development in the power progression.

Doctor-Alvis

I think it depends on how good you get with the electrical powers. Or maybe electricity is just the easiest to manipulate, with it being the most abundant and volatile and all.

SpadeKing
Yeah, I really haven't. I quit playing it after I realized it was just like Hulk: UD.

Glad I rented it.

Cole can't even take 2 shots without needing health. One hit from Alex Cole would be dead.

I don't see his electricity doing much damage if he has to consistently zap people to finish them. not to mention Alex can definately outrun cole's slow aiming

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SpadeKing
Cole can't even take 2 shots without needing health. One hit from Alex Cole would be dead.

I don't see his electricity doing much damage if he has to consistently zap people to finish them. not to mention Alex can definately outrun cole's slow aiming

His in-game durability means nothing.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I think Kessler only time traveled because of that device on his arm. I doubt that he gained the super power to travel through time because that would be overdoing it for Cole don't you think?

The problem with that is the fact that Kessler was STATED using his powers to travel back in time.

It took Cole 2 weeks to start understanding his powers. Zeke ain't necessarily mastering his in 24 hours, and even if he does, he isn't experienced enough with it and surely trust a gun more than a spark.

Cole can tank easily 20 shots in-game. And that's without his energy field maxed out.

MooCowofJustice

Gameplay Mechanic, just like every shooter.

Master Cheif can spin around a hell of a lot faster than it takes you to do it on the controller. In reality, all Cole does is point his arm and shoot. Quick and easy.

SpadeKing
Gameplay Mechanic, just like every shooter.

Master Cheif can spin around a hell of a lot faster than it takes you to do it on the controller. In reality, all Cole does is point his arm and shoot. Quick and easy.

Now I think of it, he can take a train hit better than bullets

MooCowofJustice
He can also leap off a tower that is over 500meters high and land on the ground without taking damage.

SpadeKing
real life: leap from a 500m building > bullet hit by a train > bullet

Infamous: leap from 500m building < bullet hit by a train < bullet

I take it cole's real weakness next to water is bullets no expression

Nemesis X
Cole can get killed by less than 20 bullets and Alex can take more than 100 bullets.

Hit by an atmoic bomb > Struck by lightning

Alex will just find Cole's lightning attacks irritating.

MooCowofJustice
Lightning would not focus on doing damage to your bones and skin, it just fries your nervous system so that you can't do anything. In Alex's case, Lightning probably would do more damage than an atomic bomb.

Cole's still chanceless, I just don't want you guys thinking he'd get totally raped. Without Alex's insane regeneration I give this to Cole.

KingD19
Actually, regular lightning usually burns holes into whatever it strikes. Plus the additional damage of nervous attacks.

However, being at ground zero for an atom bomb is much more devastating. Usually when you're that close, you're vaporized, I'd say that's more damage then getting hit by lightning.

MooCowofJustice
The only Lightning attack Cole would have that'd get hot enough to burn holes into anything is when he calls down the huge bolt from the sky that sends trucks flying.

A regular shot from his arm isn't anywhere near that much voltage. A regular shot from him probably packs enough voltage to fry a normal person in one or two hits.

I think what I'm doing is using the word "lightning" when I should be using the word "electricity." My bad. >.<

If an atom bomb would vaporize you, then Alex couldn't regenerate since there wouldn't be anything left to regenerate from. He either wasn't at ground zero or it isn't regeneration, it'd be more like pulling your molecules back together like the Sandman.

Is there any video of the ending? I want to see what his regeneration looks like.

NemeBro
...Fry your nervous system lol?

Alex completely regenerated his nervous system and the rest of his body from a puddle, did he not?

MooCowofJustice
That's what I'm trying to find out.

I dunno, I thought I had something that might let Cole actually win, but it's still probably nothing.

NemeBro
8IA0LFzaGQc

Here is the atomic bomb feat in question.

MooCowofJustice
I can't see much from that, but he wasn't at ground zero if I made it out right, he was riding the helicopter away.

Anyway, if that was actually Alex in a puddle, pulling himself back together, that's not even regeneration, that's something better than regeneration.

Hell, he's obviously not human. He might not require oxygen or even have a nervous system anymore. Does he even bleed in the game?

It does look like he needed that crow in order to pull himself back together though, so it's not instant regeneration.

NemeBro
Cole's blood is comparable to mud in density I think.

SpadeKing
alex doesn't bleed.

NemeBro
Cole's blood is comparable to mud in density I think. I meant Alex.

But he does not bleed? Did not know that.

SpadeKing
then again i don't know what you call it he has, he is a walking virus now... If that blackish-brown stuff is blood then its wierd but i would guess that's just parts of him since he seems to be able to manipulate any part of him.

hmm... after absorbing elizabeth shouldn't he be able to turn into an overgrown tentacle monster thing?

NemeBro
Wut.

Dunno, have not played the game yet.

MooCowofJustice
He's not even human anymore. I'd bet your life on it that his body is nothing but that stuff.

KingD19
There's basically a 90% chance that he's completely biomass now.

MooCowofJustice
He is just complete Biomass now. But I think he has to absorb something to reform after taking sufficient damage. Hence the crow after the nuke fell on him.

SpadeKing
He is just complete Biomass now. But I think he has to absorb something to reform after taking sufficient damage. Hence the crow after the nuke fell on him.

I would guess the virus doesn't really need anything to fully regenerate it, the supreme hunter virus regenerated right after the fight the second alex stepped on its puddle.

it was probably just re-activated by contact & Alex probably felt like eating crows at the time

MooCowofJustice
Isn't the Supreme Hunter virus a better version of Alex's virus? Just because he can beat it doesn't make it less. It'd be improved upon in someway, and that's probably it.

SpadeKing
Isn't the Supreme Hunter virus a better version of Alex's virus? Just because he can beat it doesn't make it less. It'd be improved upon in someway, and that's probably it.

well he did absorb the thing that gave birth to the virus no expression

First_Tsurugi06

Glad I rented it.

That's what makes it good.

leonheartmm
cole could vaporise him. heck he cud atomise him.

NemeBro
Originally posted by leonheartmm
cole could vaporise him. heck he cud atomise him. No he couldn't and why are you still not banned?

KingD19
If large Nuke couldn't keep Alex down, how will a localized lightning strike?

MooCowofJustice
It knocked him down and kept him out for possibly a few hours. Is there a specific battlefield on here? 'cause I don't think anybody mentioned that Cole also can heal by absorbing more electricity.

This fight also appears to be in New York City, an abundance of electricity. If Cole got to Times Square he should be set.

NemeBro
It knocked him down and kept him out for possibly a few hours. Is there a specific battlefield on here? 'cause I don't think anybody mentioned that Cole also can heal by absorbing more electricity.

This fight also appears to be in New York City, an abundance of electricity. If Cole got to Times Square he should be set. Right, because Cole has definately shown that he can produce near the energy of a nuclear explosion, right? Oh, and he has definately shown to heal from being ripped to pieces? Since you know, the Muscle Mass transformation alone enables you to punch humans and turn them to literal paste.

Uh-huh. It is completely reasonable to assume that Cole can escape the faster, and more maneuverable Alex, amirite!?

MooCowofJustice
Right, because Cole has definately shown that he can produce near the energy of a nuclear explosion, right? Oh, and he has definately shown to heal from being ripped to pieces? Since you know, the Muscle Mass transformation alone enables you to punch humans and turn them to literal paste.

Uh-huh. It is completely reasonable to assume that Cole can escape the faster, and more maneuverable Alex, amirite!?

You are correct.

leonheartmm
No he couldn't and why are you still not banned?

ofcourse he could, the temperatue of the lightening plasma is six times that of the sun's surface. only difference is, it lasts a very short amount of time in nature. cole however, can keep one going for long periods of time. even a small lightening strike has power in the gigawatts range, multiply that by time and you realise that even pure diomand wud be atomised in milliseconds.

and no, im not even sure which ***** spammed the reports to ban me. was it you?

C. C. Cowgirl!
While it's true that lightning is an underestimated power of nature, it's also true that normal human beings has survived being struck by it. That's a scientific fact. Cole doesn't have the power to injure Alex permanently. Possibly injure him, but not permanently. Alex will keep on coming and Cole will run out of tricks to keep him away.

leonheartmm
^not true. the ONLY human beings who have survived lightening are those that CONDUCTED it to the ground either through peicings, or wet clothes or accessories which helped in the conduction. NO human or heck ANY animal for that matter can survive a direct lightening strike when its energy is NOT conducted away. simply because a lightening strike has such an absurdly large amount of energy, it wud be like saying that a human being cud take the entire brunt of a large bomb. cole can ATOMISE alex instantly.

KingD19
So he atomizes people in the game with lightning strikes right?

Anon E. Mous
Didn't Alex take the entire "brunt of a very large bomb"? And survive?

I'm pretty sure he did. And to add to that: A couple pages back, someone said that Alex has been hit by lightning, and wasn't Atomised.

leonheartmm
cole survived the energy blast which destroyed six city blocks initiated by the ray sphere with only minor burns.

alex was fleeing from the bombs in a helicopter and when he was reasonably far away, the fireball of the nuke got to his helicopter.

C. C. Cowgirl!
cole survived the energy blast which destroyed six city blocks initiated by the ray sphere with only minor burns.

alex was fleeing from the bombs in a helicopter and when he was reasonably far away, the fireball of the nuke got to his helicopter.

He didn't technically survive the blast. He absorbed it.

Quincy
She's Claymore now - I can dig it.

Also, Can Alex regenerate automatically? Or does he need something to absorb in order to reform. If that's the case, then depending on the area they are fighting in, he might not have anything he can use to reform himself, if he is splattered.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Claymore = Win!

I haven't seen any feats by Alex, so I can't say he will survive the attacks by Cole. But judging by what's been said about him so far, he shouldn't have a problem.

leonheartmm
he was nearly vapourised by the part of the fireball that engulfed him

NemeBro
he was nearly vapourised by the part of the fireball that engulfed him He was thirty to fifty feet away from ground zero of a nuclear explosion.

Prove Cole can produce the same kind of output.

And before you give me any bullshit about how UBER POWAFUL lightning is, provide actual feats from Cole. Kthxbai.

Burning thought
What happened to the "lightning" is "lightning" you chanted in the Kratos thread? so long as he has lightning, its feats are those of lightning.....according to you

NemeBro
What happened to the "lightning" is "lightning" you chanted in the Kratos thread? so long as he has lightning, its feats are those of lightning.....according to you Cole's lightning moves at the speed of lightning. I never denied this fact.

However, in the same way I would never claim Zeus' lightning can atomize anyone based on real physics, I will not do so for Cole. Feats or GTFO.

C. C. Cowgirl!
The general lightning is 50,000 Fahrenheit hot. A few hundred million volts. While far smaller than a nuclear blast, most certainly not weak. Yet if Alex has survived the stuff I've been told he does, this shouldn't matter. But Cole does summon down real lightning, and elongated at that.

Burning thought
Cole's lightning moves at the speed of lightning. I never denied this fact.

However, in the same way I would never claim Zeus' lightning can atomize anyone based on real physics, I will not do so for Cole. Feats or GTFO.

You cant take whatever you want from reality then leave the rest, Coles lightning moves at the speed of lightning, power of lightning etc, OR we assume its just fictional and requires actual feats to back up all of these things.

NemeBro
You cant take whatever you want from reality then leave the rest, Coles lightning moves at the speed of lightning, power of lightning etc, OR we assume its just fictional and requires actual feats to back up all of these things. Oh, okay.

So even though Cole has never "atomized" anything in the game, we should assume he can based on real life right?

Fact is.

I CAN take it from reality and deny other things, there is nothing to disprove the speed, there is alot to disprove the power.

C. C. Cowgirl!

The lightning by Zeus is no force of nature. It's a force of man (Or in this case God). The power of Zeus bolts is questionable for that reason. Cole summons his lightning from our beloved sky, unlike Zeus who creates them. So Zeus lightning power is far more questionable than Cole's.

Not saying Cole summons lightning at the full power of science, but things imply that he does (Not destructive feats, but other).

NemeBro
The lightning by Zeus is no force of nature. It's a force of man (Or in this case God). The power of Zeus bolts is questionable for that reason. Cole summons his lightning from our beloved sky, unlike Zeus who creates them. So Zeus lightning power is far more questionable than Cole's.

Not saying Cole summons lightning at the full power of science, but things imply that he does. Zeus created the sky. Zeus rules it.

It's not magical, he is the creator of lightning, of the very natural phenomenon we are discussing.

Nothing implies it does because he does not have the feats.

Burning thought
Oh, okay.

So even though Cole has never "atomized" anything in the game, we should assume he can based on real life right?

Fact is.

I CAN take it from reality and deny other things, there is nothing to disprove the speed, there is alot to disprove the power.

Why not? sorry but if we assume fictional lightning from Zeus is fast as real lightning, we must also be fair and assume Coles is likewise powerful, fast etc as real lightning, this is not a candy shop, you cant just pick up whats nice for your argument then deny the rest for other arguments. CC brings up a good point as well to answer your other argument so Ill leave her to that, I just thot id come in to make you realise I am still here to come into a thread and trump you at any time that I find most amuses me....

so now I had my fun...

Kthxbai.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Zeus created the sky. Zeus rules it.

It's not magical, he is the creator of lightning, of the very natural phenomenon we are discussing.

Nothing implies it does because he does not have the feats.

It's true. He doesn't have the feats.

He does summon down real lightning though (For what it's worth. And I'm not claiming real science apply here, because I can't back that up. I can only show implications), and it's beyond significantly more powerful than his regular electricity bolts by easily sending several vehicles flying upon impact. It's also described as actual lightning, rather than electricity or energy like the rest of his abilities.

NemeBro
Why not? sorry but if we assume fictional lightning from Zeus is fast as real lightning, we must also be fair and assume Coles is likewise powerful, fast etc as real lightning, this is not a candy shop, you cant just pick up whats nice for your argument then deny the rest for other arguments. CC brings up a good point as well to answer your other argument so Ill leave her to that, I just thot id come in to make you realise I am still here to come into a thread and trump you at any time that I find most amuses me....

so now I had my fun... Dude, I know you are still butthurt from your multiple orifice rape in the Off Topic thread, but you should really get over it. It will take some time, realising you're an idiot isn't easy, not that I would know.

Uh-huh.

Let me explain to you the failure of logic behind this.

Zeus' and Cole's lightning have never had anything to say it is not as fast as IRL lightning, so it is.

However, Cole at least(Cannot think of feats from Zeus' lightning in power) has shown it is not as powerful.

Therefore, we can assume it is as fast as IRL lightning, but not as powerful.

I know that my logical genius may be a bit difficult for your simple mind to comprehend, but at least work at it.

NemeBro
It's true. He doesn't have the feats.

He does summon down real lightning though (For what it's worth. And I'm not claiming real science apply here, because I can't back that up. I can only show implications), and it's beyond significantly more powerful than his regular electricity bolts by easily sending several vehicles flying upon impact. It's also described as actual lightning, rather than electricity or energy like the rest of his abilities. When it hits someone, does it atomize them like Leon asserts it will?

C. C. Cowgirl!
The only one hit in canon is Kessler, so that doesn't help us at all. It doesn't prove anything right or wrong, so it's an insignificant feat.

There is a chance that this is the lightning strike, but for obvious reasons I can't tell for sure.

NemeBro
Link did not work.

What did it do to Kessler?

C. C. Cowgirl!
http://www.dignews.com/legacy/screenshots/infamous_ps3_02.jpg

It weakened him, injuring him to a fatal extent. It's as said, insignificant though, given that Kessler is Kessler. The man with an unknown level of energy field and who automatically absorbs energy (On top of t he energy field). He died after he shared (Literally) the story of his life with Cole.

NemeBro
Unquantifiable then. Although has anything pointed to Kessler being able to take atomization?

Picture did not work by the way. stick out tongue

C. C. Cowgirl!
Unquantifiable then. Although has anything pointed to Kessler being able to take atomization?

Actually: Yes. The Ray Sphere blast atomized entire city blocks. Kessler, like Cole, absorbed the blast. You are fighting Kessler at the scene of his origin, and there's nothing but one big creater. Where there once was buildings, there's now only a hole. No shredds, no remains, just a crater.

DAMN THAT PICTURE! mad It's a picture where Cole has made a gesture (Just done with it) and 6 utterly destroyed cars are flying from some impact.

Given Cole's powers, it can be one of two things:
1. His push (Although the vehicles are flying in seperate directions at a width not known for the push)
2. His lightning summon (Although there's no trail from the lightning. Only the scene of destruction as result of whatever).

The only thing definate is that cars are destroyed and it's Cole's doing.

NemeBro
Actually: Yes. The Ray Sphere blast atomized entire city blocks. Kessler, like Cole, absorbed the blast. You are fighting Kessler at the scene of his origin, and there's nothing but one big creater. Where there once was buildings, there's now only a hole. No shredds, no remains, just a crater. Disintegration and atomization are not the same thing.

And absorption=/=Tanking it.

C. C. Cowgirl!
How do you tell the difference?

Absorption/Tanking. Doesn't matter. Kessler taking the lightning proves nothing in favor of either possibility.

NemeBro
How do you tell the difference?

Absorption/Tanking. Doesn't matter. Kessler taking the lightning proves nothing in favor of either possibility. You really can't at eye-level.

Because absorbing it is not actually having your body withstand the attack.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Exactly and doesn't matter. Kessler is the only thing hit in canon by the lightning, so we have no real thing to use in comparison. Kessler has both energy field and the power of absorption. Him surviving isn't in any way telling us anything about the actual attack. Only about him, because of his unknown level of protection.

leonheartmm
He was thirty to fifty feet away from ground zero of a nuclear explosion.

Prove Cole can produce the same kind of output.

And before you give me any bullshit about how UBER POWAFUL lightning is, provide actual feats from Cole. Kthxbai.

he was MUCH further from what the cutscene shows, and he WAS all but destroyed and SLOWLY and MUCH later he started reforming.

i dont have to, the game does it for me, he summons REAL lightening which makes things EXPLODE as it touches em. his lightening however is extended over a much longer period of time making the energy output in the range of hundreds of gigajoules.

gameplay mechanics are sumthing to consider, the fact that humans dont show HOLES through their bodies on contact with lightening is merely a gameplay mechanic to minimise development cost and undue processor need as well as making it possible to bioleech etc. does that mean cole's electricity can NOT put holes in a human body? no. common sense man.

leonheartmm

he DID time travel. sumthing beyond alex's wildest dreams.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Impressive as that is, it doesn't tell us anything about his durability. The fact that Kessler was struck by this lightning isn't helping anyone stick out tongue

leonheartmm
as i said, cole was at ground ZERO of the ray sphere activation, the energy there leveled 6 city blocks and cole was still alive with reletively minor burns. thats how the game STARTS, THATS durability.

C. C. Cowgirl!
That's absorption. Not true durability in the sense of damage inflict.

NemeBro
he was MUCH further from what the cutscene shows, and he WAS all but destroyed and SLOWLY and MUCH later he started reforming.

i dont have to, the game does it for me, he summons REAL lightening which makes things EXPLODE as it touches em. his lightening however is extended over a much longer period of time making the energy output in the range of hundreds of gigajoules.

gameplay mechanics are sumthing to consider, the fact that humans dont show HOLES through their bodies on contact with lightening is merely a gameplay mechanic to minimise development cost and undue processor need as well as making it possible to bioleech etc. does that mean cole's electricity can NOT put holes in a human body? no. common sense man. So he was further away than what the cutscene showed? There is no way anyone can be this stupid. no expression Much later? Lol...Proof please. Slowly? As in...A few seconds? Decent feat considering he was a puddle.

Yeah. Prove it. Feats or GTFO.

I don't need to prove he can't. You need to prove he can.

leonheartmm
u have a comprehension problem. let me rephrase in a way that u can understand "from what the cutscene shows, he was FURTHER away than 50 feet." i.e. the cutscene shows him further away than 50 feet from ground zero.

i did, it shown in the game.

its always nice to see children try and use examples of fallacies that they dont understand.

leonheartmm
That's absorption. Not true durability in the sense of damage inflict.

then why did he get burnt?

C. C. Cowgirl!
then why did he get burnt?

Because it was the first time he used his powers (In matter of fact, it was when he got his powers). Care to tell me how the ground he stands on is intact if he merely tanked it and didn't absorb it? There's a huge crater and he's in the middle of it. Yet, in the middle of it, there's no damage on the ground.

NemeBro
u have a comprehension problem. let me rephrase in a way that u can understand "from what the cutscene shows, he was FURTHER away than 50 feet." i.e. the cutscene shows him further away than 50 feet from ground zero.

i did, it shown in the game.

its always nice to see children try and use examples of fallacies that they dont understand. No, you need to take a few more English courses and learn how to write properly. Oh, and he was not.

Shown in-game to be hundreds of gigajoules?

Examples of fallacies? Just where did I bring up a fallacy?

leonheartmm
Because it was the first time he used his powers (In matter of fact, it was when he got his powers). Care to tell me how the ground he stands on is intact if he merely tanked it and didn't absorb it? There's a huge crater and he's in the middle of it. Yet, in the middle of it, there's no damage on the ground.

because he suffered the brunt of the damage acting as a sheild to the ground

leonheartmm
No, you need to take a few more English courses and learn how to write properly. Oh, and he was not.

Shown in-game to be hundreds of gigajoules?

Examples of fallacies? Just where did I bring up a fallacy?

no, you need to accept your follies and mistakes, like the one u just made and now feel silly for.

shown in game to be lightening from the sky which stretched on for many seconds. extrapolated by mathematics and power of lightening strikes to be hundreds of gigajoules.

burden of proof is a reference to the negetive evidence fallacy or russel's teapot fallacy.

C. C. Cowgirl!
because he suffered the brunt of the damage acting as a sheild to the ground

Yet the remaining ground is a circle and not formed after his body. Also, his clothes are intact despite having suffered all this damage. It's merely burnt here and there with minor damage.

JaP2dqjO94E

At around 2:00, he accidentally absorb even more energy without doing anything.

leonheartmm
clothes are there because they cudnt show him nude, kind of like superman.

the remaining ground is a circle because only ground beneath cole was spared the energy.

C. C. Cowgirl!

the remaining ground is a circle because only ground beneath cole was spared the energy.

And some sections of his body are more burnt than other because?

And what prove this statement over my absorption theory?

Wei Phoenix

Spared because he absorbed it?

C. C. Cowgirl!
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Spared because he absorbed it?

That's my theory. We have proof that he has passive energy absorption (At 2:00 in the video, as well as 2:53, 3:24 and 3:54)

Wei Phoenix
it's the only logical thing unless the construction workers made that patch of ground with super cement.

leonheartmm
being assaulted by an ABSORBING the energy arent exclusive. usually energy is ABSORBED to break the bonds of the material and DAMAGE it. however the way "absorbed" is being used here makes it seem like one of those supernatural abilities where a character can ABSORB ENERGY without taking thr damage{e.g maelstrom/bishop etc}. that isnt the case.

C. C. Cowgirl!
What's with the capital lettered words? It makes your post harder to read.

I'll just put it out there that you do realise you're using fictional characters as example for how absorbing of energy works, right? I'll have you know that there has been fictional events where the absorber has suffered injury.

Electro from Marvel can for example only absorb a million volt. Then it becomes too much and he overloads.

I really don't see your point. Is there an attempt for science in that post? Because I can't make any sense out of it.

leonheartmm
^all im saying is that we shudnt differentiate between absorbing and not being harmed here.

C. C. Cowgirl!
He was harmed. And it does imply absorption. I really don't understand what you're saying.

leonheartmm
absorption = damage in this case.

C. C. Cowgirl!
He suffer damage, yes. He also seemed to absorb, several implications backing that up. So you can't say he tanked that blast, because he didn't. Not for as long as his absorption can't be disproved. He tanked perhaps parts of the heat of that blast, given his scorched body, but not full force. Not until the absorption theory is proven wrong, so his durability is unknown and can't be claimed equal to the destruction of that blast.

leonheartmm
^but nuthing indicates that he can absorb energy without taking the damage that follows, unless proven otherwise.

Wei Phoenix
^but nuthing indicates that he can absorb energy without taking the damage that follows, unless proven otherwise.

When people absorb energy they are rarely hurt at all, if they get hurt any then its usually because they've been overloaded, or they're new to their powers.

C. C. Cowgirl!
Given that the ground he stood on survived, I dare say that his absorption of the Ray Sphere nullified most damage in his little space.

leonheartmm
sigh, no. again, cole isnt the type to absorb and NOT be damaged. taking the brunt of an attack means ABSORBING and being damaged or breaking into two from the force and letting the energy pass in a straight line unabsorbed, people who have an unnaturally high affinity for asbsorbtion and are undamaged after absorbing energy have a special energy absorption ability that cole does not.

C. C. Cowgirl!
He absorbed without taking damage on his way from the site of destruction, so I dare say he's the type to absorb and not be damaged. The Ray Sphere gave out adequate energy to damage him, but we don't know more than that. He has passive absorption for a power. Of that, there is no denying.

MooCowofJustice
Leonhart makes a good point. The Ray Sphere had to generate enough energy and force to do that to the surrounding area, and to do some of it, the energy had to pass through Cole. It is still pretty different from a physical object like Mercer's sword arm or something though.

Absorbing electricity still heals Cole as it is done. And this is in New York city. >.<

MooCowofJustice
Oops. This was an accident. >.<

C. C. Cowgirl!
Leonhart makes a good point. The Ray Sphere had to generate enough energy and force to do that to the surrounding area, and to do some of it, the energy had to pass through Cole. It is still pretty different from a physical object like Mercer's sword arm or something though.

Absorbing electricity still heals Cole as it is done. And this is in New York city. >.<

So, you care explaining to me why the ground beneath him was intact if he didn't nullify/absorb the blast at origin space?

MooCowofJustice
Maybe the way the sphere opens keeps it from projecting any energy downwards. But we know it shot some outwards based on the blast area, and Cole was holding it. So some of it went through him.

C. C. Cowgirl!
You're longshooting. If it didn't project energy downwards, it wouldn't have cracked the gruond beneath him. It wouldn't have damaged his pants, and it certainly wouldn't have destroyed all area surrounding that particular circle downwards.

Things are pointing more at Cole nullifying it than him not doing so.

NemeBro
...Absorbing typically means avoiding damage.

And I have just spent a few hours playing Prototype...And am now confident Alex Mercer stomps.

First of all, Alex's durability.

He rigged a military base to explode, the blast destroyed the entire base, and the base itself was bigger than a city block. Alex was in the center of the blast, and was completely unmoved, and unharmed.

He was sent flying by a Hunter and falling down hundreds of feet, once again, unharmed.

This is not even counting how durable he would be with his body armor which he can summon at will.

Let's talk about raw physical strength then. He can toss cars easily, yeah, as he can helicopters, which weigh about 15 tons. He does this easily. The Muscle Mass transformation only increases this strength.

With his hammer arms transformation, he can smash tanks with absolute ease, along with about anything else.

Although really, the reason why Alex takes this in a stomp, is the first feat he does in the game. He is able to spread hundreds of tentacles which shoot out in all directions at the size of at least half a city block, which kills and absorbs anything it grabs. He does that at the beginning of the fight...Cole is dead.

Yeah.

NemeBro
Not one argument? no expression

I am not amused.

C. C. Cowgirl!
I don't see why I should stick out tongue I've already said that Alex wins yes

NemeBro
K lol.

But to add on that, since I have played more.

With the Muscle-mass power, Alex hulks up, but without losing speed. His punches literally turn human beings into paste on the pavement, or blow them in half. He can also easily toss around tanks now.

Then there is the spike whip thingy. The weapon is very quikc, and has a range of like 50 or more feet, he can extend his arm like he is throwing a punch, and it shoots out and impales things, even stuffs like tanks and whatnot.

Yeah. Stuff.

leonheartmm
cole isnt a normal human.

cole can toss veheicles and his stomps can instantly destroy even large armoured veheicles

lightening is faster, has more range then and does more damage than the whip.

C. C. Cowgirl!
From what we've seen, Cole can only summon the lightning close to him. The two cutscenes he did so in, none of the lightning strikes were far away from him. So I wouldn't say they have more range.

NemeBro
cole isnt a normal human.

cole can toss veheicles and his stomps can instantly destroy even large armoured veheicles

lightening is faster, has more range then and does more damage than the whip. Neither or Super Soldiers or Hunters, and those fall in numbers to Alex.

Toss vehicles? First of all, how? Not like it matters, considering arguing Cole>Alex physically is idiotic.

Aim-dodging. Alex is too quick for Cole to properly aim at. And said whip can destroy helicopters in one thrust. Although really, he just consumes Cole from afar.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>