Durability Gauntlet of Death - Earth Extremes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
These guys run the gauntlet. Do they live? Die? Seriously injured?

1) Superman
2) Classic Thor
3) Thanos (pre-death)
4) Iron Man
5) Wonder Woman
6) Blob
7) Juggernaut
8) Wolverine
9) Hulk
10) Sentry

No shields, force fields etc turned on unless it is a typically "on" feature of their powerset (e.g. Supe's aura, Juggs shield, Blob's fat etc are OK) - so no Thanos shields, bracelet crossing etc.

No restoration after each level.

-- Level 1 --
They must dive (i.e. head first) with arms held against side of body from the top of Mount Thor in Canada. This is possibly the world's tallest fully vertical cliff at 4,101ft or 1,250m. Unknown to the contestants, a reinforcing 10ft thick plate of adamantium has been drilled into the rock just under the surface at the bottom of the cliff.

-- Level 2 --
They stand on a railway track on the Beijing-Tianjin Intercity Rail while an express train is rammed into them at 217mph (350km/h) - the fastest operating speed of a passenger train in the world. No avoiding, no bracing. They just stand 'at ease' and take it. They can do a few stretching exercises first if they want.

-- Level 3 --
They are teleported without warning to the bottom of Challenger Deep in the Mariana Trench, a depth of about 36,000ft / 11,000m and left there for 24 hours.

All characters have signed liability waivers so KMC will not be sued.

Knowsbleed33
Iron man loses.

Spire
Juggernaut can't survive any.

TricksterPriest
Interesting idea.

1) Superman- No problems.
2) Classic Thor- No problems.
3) Thanos (pre-death)-No problems.
4) Iron Man-He'll survive the first 2, but he might need better armor for the third.
5) Wonder Woman- No problems.
6) Blob- Don't know the character's limits well enough to say whether he survives the first 2. Probably screwed on the 2nd.
7) Juggernaut-No problems.
8) Wolverine-First one will hurt, not sure if it will kill him. Maybe it will with current healing factor. 2nd will. 3rd will.
9) Hulk-No problems.
10) Sentry-Depends on the kind of day he's having. stick out tongue

D_Dude1210
Not much of a guantlet. I was thinking more of a "gets dipped in non-yellow sun" for 10 seconds or at least get teleported to the earth's core or dropped into molten lava for several seconds...

basilisk
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Not much of a guantlet. I was thinking more of a "gets dipped in non-yellow sun" for 10 seconds or at least get teleported to the earth's core or dropped into molten lava for several seconds...

The sun was out - I wanted this on earth to see if real earth conditions could hurt these guys.

But I did think about the earth's core / magma bit - that was going to be the last stage. Didn't add it because I wasn't sure of the exact conditions. But it does sound good now that you say it, so if you want:

-- Level 4 --
Teleported without warning to the earth's core for 1 hour.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.