Bor vs Wonder Woman and Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
As the title says. No BFR. Use current versions.

Fight happens in an empty plain.

carver9
Bor 10/10 and he could possibly one shot both of them

The Nuul
So all of these Bor fights are just pretty much based off of 1 comic (Thor 600)??? erm

Mindset
Originally posted by carver9
Bor 10/10 and he could possibly one shot both of them Doubtful

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
Doubtful

Bu .. but thor said that his classic version could have been killed by a single blow from him !!1111

Or you're reffering to them being vastly faster than anything he has shown ?

vansonbee
Team 2 take Bor down 7/10

1 vs 1
Superman might take Bor down (basing off 1 comic appearance)

WW goes down between Bor legs

Galvaclaw

xJLxKing
7-8/10 Bor

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Galvaclaw
Also having better strength feats. It's not like Jms writes his Thor at a level above low herald.

By that do you mean Thor has only had 3 fights so far to show his strength/power etc?

Because if not, he's only had 3 fights. All of which have not been low showings.

Mindset
Also having better strength feats. It's not like Jms writes his Thor at a level above low herald. What low herald is taking blasts from the Destroyer unphased?

Trackz
isn't superman somewhat resistant to magic now? plus bor didnt really demonstrate speed near superman or wonder woman, I see them taking it more than not.

Kris Blaze
There's a limit to how much of a different Superman's speed makes. Superior speed won't help him close the MASSIVE power gap. It's not like Superman's going to start taking down Syfathers based on speed, lmao.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
There's a limit to how much of a different Superman's speed makes. Superior speed won't help him close the MASSIVE power gap. It's not like Superman's going to start taking down Syfathers based on speed, lmao.

Depends on who you ask...

Starscream M
It's not like Superman's going to start taking down Syfathers based on speed, lmao. yeah but bor's not exactly skyfather, is he?

carver9
Originally posted by The Nuul
Depends on who you ask...

Thats why we'll never ask you.

carver9
Originally posted by Starscream M
yeah but bor's not exactly skyfather, is he?

He's close enough to it to make a difference in this fight.

Mindset
yeah but bor's not exactly skyfather, is he? Why not?

vansonbee
yeah but bor's not exactly skyfather, is he?
Why not?
Basing on one issue appearance, apparently not with these showing. (we do know he around Thor level)

Mindset
And Thor isn't skyfather?

Newjak
Bor did manage to catch Thor's hammer throw, so that does show some reflex speed.

Galvaclaw
What low herald is taking blasts from the Destroyer unphased?

He was writing Destroyer at his look at the planet funny and blow it up levels?

It's like how Bart Allen was stated to be the most powerful flash and easily owned zoom, despite being written at a much lower level than Johns or Waid wrote Wally.

When Bor has some skyfather level feats he can be called one. If hurting Thor makes you a skyfather Rulk and that superskrull must be skyfathers too.

Raoul
bor from thor 600 wasn't that impressive, imo. anyone have any other appearences?

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Raoul
bor from thor 600 wasn't that impressive, imo. anyone have any other appearences?

His only other appearances are only really Loki 'killing' him.

Raoul
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
His only other appearances are only really Loki 'killing' him.

oh, alright.

i think current thor has been overstated in ability and power, tbh. having the odin power doesn't make thor = odin without the knowledge and mastery of that power that odin had. more powerful than classic? of course, but not at the level people seem to think, imo.

Mindset
He was writing Destroyer at his look at the planet funny and blow it up levels?

It's like how Bart Allen was stated to be the most powerful flash and easily owned zoom, despite being written at a much lower level than Johns or Waid wrote Wally.

When Bor has some skyfather level feats he can be called one. If hurting Thor makes you a skyfather Rulk and that superskrull must be skyfathers too. Destroyer had one appearance, it's speculation w/o any supporting evidence to suggest the Destroyer was weaker than his avg level of power.

Yea, Rulk, great example...the person who hurt a Watcher.

The Superskrull was beating the combined assault of BRB and Thor, it could very well have been skyfather.

Mindset
oh, alright.

i think current thor has been overstated in ability and power, tbh. having the odin power doesn't make thor = odin without the knowledge and mastery of that power that odin had. more powerful than classic? of course, but not at the level people seem to think, imo. I haven't seen anyone claim he is equal to Odin.

Raoul
I haven't seen anyone claim he is equal to Odin.

i was talking generally.

Trackz
superman has enough strength too, bor was only able to knock thor across the city (all-though that was before he used his ful power) superman has thrown punches that caused planets to explode (in his fight with earth-2 superman), he would give bor a fight on his own, add in wonder woman, it's over.

carver9
Originally posted by Trackz
superman has enough strength too, bor was only able to knock thor across the city (all-though that was before he used his ful power) superman has thrown punches that caused planets to explode (in his fight with earth-2 superman), he would give bor a fight on his own, add in wonder woman, it's over.

Show me this planet exploding.

TricksterPriest
Until we get a better idea of Bor's power level, I'm giving this to Superman&Wonder Woman.

He honestly hasn't shown enough skyfather level feats. And Thor wasn't trying to kill him until the end of the fight. Hell, Thor himself hasn't shown much that's skyfatherish.

Batman-Prime
From his fight with Thor I would say Bor is more of an Mid-tier...
His "feats" are embarrasing for an Skyfather.

Wonder Woman would take about 8-9/10 wins alone against "this" Bor

Superman about 10/10

those both have more and better feats. Strength, durability, speed and fighting reflexes.

Bor may be the father of Odin but he surely lacks the equivalent of the Odinpower, he was just an weak and embarrasing pussy IMHO.
WWH or Sentry were more impressive in their fight, both would take him with ease.

Maybe Bor vs Hercules would be an good one, but even then I would say Herc wins.

Naija boy
laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
We know Bor is tough enough to give Thor a fight, and Thor is obviously at least somewhat upgraded from his previous levels. High herald, possibly transish.

Mindset
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
From his fight with Thor I would say Bor is more of an Mid-tier...
His "feats" are embarrasing for an Skyfather.

Wonder Woman would take about 8-9/10 wins alone against "this" Bor

Superman about 10/10

those both have more and better feats. Strength, durability, speed and fighting reflexes.

Bor may be the father of Odin but he surely lacks the equivalent of the Odinpower, he was just an weak and embarrasing pussy IMHO.
WWH or Sentry were more impressive in their fight, both would take him with ease.

Maybe Bor vs Hercules would be an good one, but even then I would say Herc wins. embarrassing

Batman-Prime
embarrassing

Yes bor is/was

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
No, your post was embarrassingly stupid.

Batman-Prime
No, your post was embarrassingly stupid.

So we have now something in common ?

inlove

Mindset
So we have now something in common ?

inlove If you also think your post was stupid, then yea, I guess we do.

Batman-Prime
If you also think your post was stupid, then yea, I guess we do.

The post replying to yours was truly stupid, it's stupid to reply to you at all smile

But you impressed me back then over PM, so I fell in love with you, I try to be more like you, so I will always reply to your stupid embarrasing posts in the same way you are. Because one day I will become like you, maybe, then we will make a finde couple and have some nice imaginary children.

flowers

Mindset
The post replying to yours was truly stupid, it's stupid to reply to you at all smile

But you impressed me back then over PM, so I fell in love with you, I try to be more like you, so I will always reply to your stupid embarrasing posts in the same way you are. Because one day I will become like you, maybe, then we will make a finde couple and have some nice imaginary children.

flowers You're trying too hard to be funny.

Batman-Prime
You're trying too hard to be funny.

I practice wink

But I don't want to be funny atz all, i want to be more like you smile

Raoul
guys, back on topic please.

Batman-Prime
guys, back on topic please.

Sry.

So honestly, Bor hasn't showed anything impressive that would him put on par with beings like SS Superman or Classic Thor. Curren't Thor is also not as impressive as he used to be.

Just because he is the father of an Skyfather, the most impressive of them all, Odin that is, doesn't mean he could do the same.

He is overrated, just because he has an famous son, and because he is from Marvel I guess wink

Naija boy
What? Current thor not as impressive as classic thor? Classic thor was killed by the destroyers blast meanwhile current thor shrugged it off and continued fighting. Id say that shows a clear difference in power. As stated by thor himself he would have been oneshotted by Bor if not because of the Odin force. People cant ignore it just because they dont like it.

Raoul
Originally posted by Naija boy
What? Current thor not as impressive as classic thor? Classic thor was killed by the destroyers blast meanwhile current thor shrugged it off and continued fighting. Id say that shows a clear difference in power. As stated by thor himself he would have been oneshotted by Bor if not because of the Odin force. People cant ignore it just because they dont like it.

People aren't.

Thor obviously has enhanced durability and strength over his old classic self.

Mindset
People aren't.

Thor obviously has enhanced durability and strength over his old classic self. Actually, people are.

Just look two posts up.

Raoul
Actually, people are.

Just look two posts up.

again, i was talking generally. there's always one person that disagrees...

Mindset
I'm getting tired of all your generalizations. uhuh

Raoul
I'm getting tired of all your generalizations. uhuh

durclops

Batman-Prime
again, i was talking generally. there's always one person that disagrees...

when a million people say a stupid thing, it's still a stupid thing

And honestly, was Bor that Impressive? What has he done WWH hasn't. Words > Feats I guess?

smile

Raoul

And honestly, was Bor that Impressive? What has he done WWH hasn't. Words > Feats I guess?

smile

he smacked the shit out of current thor, who so far has shown strength and durability above that of classic thor.

Batman-Prime
he smacked the shit out of current thor, who so far has shown strength and durability above that of classic thor.

He smacked the shit out of Thor? Hm, that's the reason Thor died and Bor cried over Thors broken Body? Well, hell, yeah WWH wasn't THAT impressive wink

Bentley

smile

The guy for starters picked Mjolnir with one hand after Thor threw it at him after getting serious. He broke the ribs of a Thor who has shrugged off the destroyer beam of the Destroyer armor and was about to kill him. Not to mention Thor accepted he was better than his classic version on panel.

Raoul
He smacked the shit out of Thor? Hm, that's the reason Thor died and Bor cried over Thors broken Body? Well, hell, yeah WWH wasn't THAT impressive wink

Originally posted by Bentley
The guy for starters picked Mjolnir with one hand after Thor threw it at him after getting serious. He broke the ribs of a Thor who has shrugged off the destroyer beam of the Destroyer armor and was about to kill him. Not to mention Thor accepted he was better than his classic version on panel.

Batman-Prime

Was he the first one who ever catched or stopped Mjolnir? With one hand, impressive, that never happened before right?

Why hasn't he killed Thor? Why did he changed his mind?

Naija boy
People aren't.

Thor obviously has enhanced durability and strength over his old classic self.

True .By people i was really referring to Batman prime

Bentley
Was he the first one who ever catched or stopped Mjolnir? With one hand, impressive, that never happened before right?

Why hasn't he killed Thor? Why did he changed his mind?

Thor has the Odin Force and is superior to his classic version, he was using the Odin Force from the first hit, it was told in panel several times.

And Bor didn't kill Thor because Thor is the name of the comic book. wink

Raoul
True .By people i was really referring to Batman prime

that's ok then. uhuh

Batman-Prime
Thor has the Odin Force and is superior to his classic version, he was using the Odin Force from the first hit, it was told in panel several times.

And Bor didn't kill Thor because Thor is the name of the comic book. wink

Oh I see, how could I not, Bor > Odin > Thor

wait

Rulk = Bor > Odin > Thor

yeah right

great feats... ehm... words

wink

Mindset
Right, because someone has said Bor is stronger than Odin.

Bentley
Oh I see, how could I not, Bor > Odin > Thor

wait

Rulk = Bor > Odin > Thor

yeah right

great feats... ehm... words

wink

Pft... Rulk honestly? Is that the best you got? The same Rulk that accepted that Thor was about to kill him after two hammer hits? After dropping him just for enough time for him to enter the atmosphere?

Kris Blaze
oh, alright.

i think current thor has been overstated in ability and power, tbh. having the odin power doesn't make thor = odin without the knowledge and mastery of that power that odin had. more powerful than classic? of course, but not at the level people seem to think, imo.

Why not?

Thor has always been more impressive than Odin with the Odinforce, ALWAYS. Like back in the day when Thor was able to defeat Surtur and had energy to spare, where as Odin generally stalemates with Surtur and has to give his own life in order to defeat him.

Rulk beat the shit out of thor didn't he? The rematch was like those Bor feats, empty words, no action. But yeah, I forgot Bor is odins father and Thor grandfather smile
Bor died, Rulk lives, well yeah, they have nothing else in common.

If one would turn his fanboyism off and compare this fight to some other, those feats to other feats instead of believeing only empty words... what would the people say.

If instead of Bor, this had been a fight with rulk, same feats, same end of the fight. Would people still believe Rulk is an skyfather??

confused

lmao, is Quan2 for real?

Batman-Prime
Pft... Rulk honestly? Is that the best you got? The same Rulk that accepted that Thor was about to kill him after two hammer hits? After dropping him just for enough time for him to enter the atmosphere?

Rulk beat the shit out of thor didn't he? The rematch was like those Bor feats, empty words, no action. But yeah, I forgot Bor is odins father and Thor grandfather smile

If one would turn his fanboyism off and compare this fight to some other, those feats to other feats instead of believeing only empty words... what would the people say.

If instead of Bor, this had been a fight with rulk, same feats, same end of the fight. Would people still believe Rulk is an skyfather??

confused

Trackz
Originally posted by carver9
Show me this planet exploding. its ben posted before, I know its in the first superman respect thread, it's in his ifhgt with earth-2 superman, they punch each other and the shockwaves cause the planet to expode.

Raoul
Why not?

Thor has always been more impressive than Odin with the Odinforce, ALWAYS. Like back in the day when Thor was able to defeat Surtur and had energy to spare, where as Odin generally stalemates with Surtur and has to give his own life in order to defeat him.

so you're saying current thor >= odin?

Kris Blaze
so you're saying current thor >= odin?

Yes.

It's Face
Thor would/could never beat Odin.

Raoul

confused

if you consider the recent hulk arc to be anything more than a complete hulk wankfest, then seriously, read some other comics. erm

Yes.

ok. i disagree, but... ok.

where's mindset... mhmm

Avlon
WW + Supes ftw.

If Bor is a skyfather, then Terrax must be one as well...

Kris Blaze

where's mindset... mhmm

How much Thor have you read Paul? Have you ever seen him use the odinforce until V3?

Originally posted by It's Face
Thor would/could never beat Odin.

Well, he's already got the feats.

I guess it's hard to get out of a mindset.

Originally posted by Avlon
WW + Supes ftw.

If Bor is a skyfather, then Terrax must be one as well...

Joke.

Batman-Prime
if you consider the recent hulk arc to be anything more than a complete hulk wankfest, then seriously, read some other comics. erm

where's mindset... mhmm

wankfest is the right word to describe what people try to do for Bor or current Thor here, though in the case of Thor i don't mind, he is pretty cool.

Though i understand the state of mind some are in.

You don't agree with the things in one comic series you call it wankfest

You agree with something from another which isn't as impressive and you try to make more of it then one should.

Yeah, nice attitude wink

Bentley
The rematch

Rematch? Thor got up and kicked his ass, after getting hit in the face with mjolnir by the hand of a guy who manhandled Hulk like a toy. He went for the hammer, started to embarrass Rulk and got interrupted.

You seem to talk a lot about fights being all talk and stuff, but I don't see why I should buy your version of the story. Rulk said Thor was kicking his ass, Thor said that Bor would've killed him. They were in the middle of the fight and giving their impressions.

Have you fought Bor? Have you fought Thor? Why should I believe YOUR talk above the actual characters and their depictions? Heck! Thor was thinking "he would've killed me" and Bor sensed that the Odin force saved him! Yet, it seems that YOU know better than two characters that had no reason to lie to themselves while they fought their opponents confused

Kris Blaze
Trolling, the idiot's last line of defense.

Someone must've went to Carver and MB's school of shitstorming.

Raoul
How much Thor have you read Paul? Have you ever seen him use the odinforce until V3?

ive read very little of classic thor outside of the avengers books, so i can only go by that, and what i've seen in his current series...

that, the respect threads, and the few instances of scans i've seen posted on the forums...

wankfest is the right word to describe what people try to do for Bor or current Thor here, though in the case of Thor i don't mind, he is pretty cool.

You agree with something from another which isn't as impressive and you try to make more of it then one should.

Yeah, nice attitude wink

don't patronise me. well, don't try.

Badabing

Yeah, nice attitude wink You've done nothing but argue with anyone who disagrees with you and post off topic blather. In other words, you're trolling. Please stop or it's a warning. Thanks.

Batman-Prime
Rematch? Thor got up and kicked his ass, after getting hit in the face with mjolnir by the hand of a guy who manhandled Hulk like a toy. He went for the hammer, started to embarrass Rulk and got interrupted.

You seem to talk a lot about fights being all talk and stuff, but I don't see why I should buy your version of the story. Rulk said Thor was kicking his ass, Thor said that Bor would've killed him. They were in the middle of the fight and giving their impressions.

Have you fought Bor? Have you fought Thor? Why should I believe YOUR talk above the actual characters and their depictions? Heck! Thor was thinking "he would've killed me" and Bor sensed that the Odin force saved him! Yet, it seems that YOU know better than two characters that had no reason to lie to themselves while they fought their opponents confused

Have you seen the first Rulk vs Thor fight, who has gotten his own hammer in his face, left on the moon, his helm kicked off his dirtyeating face, completly humiliated?

AlmightyKfish
Have you seen the first Rulk vs Thor fight, who has gotten his own hammer in his face, left on the moon, his helm kicked off his dirtyeating face, completly humiliated?

And then he got up and next issue owned Rulk? As the issues were about 5 minutes apart, clearly the beatdown wasn't that bad.

Kris Blaze
ive read very little of classic thor outside of the avengers books, so i can only go by that, and what i've seen in his current series...

that, the respect threads, and the few instances of scans i've seen posted on the forums...

Well, judging from the V3 feats Thor's strength level is ambiguous. It looks like Odinforce is + durability and it's almost as if Thor has to "activate" it.

In V1 there were numerous occasions where Thor had to temporarily borrow the Odinforce from Odin and when he did, he proved to be a natural with it. Just the fact that Thor was able to defeat Odin's nemesis after having had the Odinforce for a couple of seconds, is proof enough that he's better with it. Now in V3 he's got plenty experience with it, etc.

Bentley

After which he got up and totally embarrassed Rulk, something that it seems, you don't want to recognize because it somehow doesn't fit your vision of a weak Thor. Why do you have to cherry pick that feat and discourage the one of Rulk getting beaten up?

Either respect Loeb's work (not encouraging that) or don't, but don't come here and cherry pick those feats for your ends. That's just crappy debating.

Batman-Prime

don't patronise me. well, don't try.

I could say the same. but who am i to do this?

Originally posted by Badabing
You've done nothing but argue with anyone who disagrees with you and post off topic blather. In other words, you're trolling. Please stop or it's a warning. Thanks.

Hm, I understand, comparing feats is not important, thr privilege to use words like wankfest is also only available to a few peaople. Good I'm off this dsicussion. Though I do admit that I had a lot to laugh smile

Raoul
Well, judging from the V3 feats Thor's strength level is ambiguous. It looks like Odinforce is + durability and it's almost as if Thor has to "activate" it.

In V1 there were numerous occasions where Thor had to temporarily borrow the Odinforce from Odin and when he did, he proved to be a natural with it. Just the fact that Thor was able to defeat Odin's nemesis after having had the Odinforce for a couple of seconds, is proof enough that he's better with it. Now in V3 he's got plenty experience with it, etc.

mhmm

so could thor do to thanos what odin did? would he beat a full on surtur?

Raoul

Hm, I understand, comparing feats is not important, thr privilege to use words like wankfest is also only available to a few peaople. Good I'm off this dsicussion. Though I do admit that I had a lot to laugh smile

facepalm

yes, run away. that's the solution.

Badabing

Hm, I understand, comparing feats is not important, thr privilege to use words like wankfest is also only available to a few peaople. Good I'm off this dsicussion. Though I do admit that I had a lot to laugh smile Warned.

Bentley
facepalm

yes, run away. that's the solution.

I hope this counts as me owning him in a debate!

I admittedly don't do that a lot.

roughrider
Originally posted by Newjak
Bor did manage to catch Thor's hammer throw, so that does show some reflex speed.

Indeed. The hammer travels at the speed of light when thrown.
Why shouldn't Bor be considered Skyfather, being Odin's father?

We know Odin himself could take WW & Superman at the same time.

Bentley
Originally posted by roughrider
Indeed. The hammer travels at the speed of light when thrown.
Why shouldn't Bor be considered Skyfather, being Odin's father?

We know Odin himself could take WW & Superman at the same time.

Bor hasn't shown to be as strong as Odin. He has to be near his power because he could hang with the odin force and was beyond Thor. At his worst he is still above classic Thor by a lot.

Kris Blaze
mhmm

so could thor do to thanos what odin did? would he beat a full on surtur?

Most definitely.

Thor already has defeated Surtur when he had the odinforce before.

iceman24567
Bor vs Thor was pretty amazing but i don't consider either skyfather level the team should win a majority.

Raoul
I hope this counts as me owning him in a debate!

I admittedly don't do that a lot.

sure, why not. you should have seen the pm he sent me while refusing to receive any messages...

Most definitely.

Thor already has defeated Surtur when he had the odinforce before.

mhmm

Slaanesh
Bor FTW..if he can kill Thor without the odinforce..he can kill this two..

Draco69
Bor wasn't that impressive, IMO.

For a skyfather, I was expecting something....skyfather-ish.

Supes & WW for now.

Slaanesh
the power to oneshotted thor without the odinforce is not impressive..srly..both supes and WW didn't even come close to that kinda power..

skygunner41
Originally posted by Slaanesh
the power to oneshotted thor without the odinforce is not impressive..srly..both supes and WW didn't even come close to that kinda power..

what were you trying to say.. huh no expression

Slaanesh
Originally posted by skygunner41
what were you trying to day.. huh no expression

the power to oneshotted thor without the odinforce is not impressive??srly??both supes and WW didn't even come close to that kinda power..

there..i fix it..

skygunner41
there..i fix it..

Better.

xJLxKing
Superman One Shot Thor

Slaanesh
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman One Shot Thor

in your dream no expression

xJLxKing
in your dream no expression
Well even if you don't like it, it happened. Superman flat out punched Thor right in the face. He knocked him out with one punch big grin Yeah I don't like the fight either but it counts as both companies count and acknowledge it

Slaanesh
i don't care..crossover = not cannon..and he didn't oneshot him..what is the HV for than??to warm up Thor??and they were trading blow before that..

kgkg
Well even if you don't like it, it happened. Superman flat out punched Thor right in the face. He knocked him out with one punch big grin Yeah I don't like the fight either but it counts as both companies count and acknowledge it you call JLA/Avenger - Thor vs Superman - One Shot ?

Badabing
Well even if you don't like it, it happened. Superman flat out punched Thor right in the face. He knocked him out with one punch big grin Yeah I don't like the fight either but it counts as both companies count and acknowledge it Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format
No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

-K-M-
Team speedblitzes Bor to canada, and they have poutine, watch hockey and settle their differences

Peace for the win

xJLxKing
i don't care..crossover = not cannon..and he didn't oneshot him..what is the HV for than??to warm up Thor??and they were trading blow before that..
Small blows that barely had any affect. The HV barely hurt Thor. So yeah it was one shot. CROSSOVER= NOT CANON, but this THOR and Superman fight is canon

Mindset
Small blows that barely had any affect. The HV barely hurt Thor. So yeah it was one shot. CROSSOVER= NOT CANON, but this THOR and Superman fight is canon no expression

kgkg
CROSSOVER= NOT CANON, but this THOR and Superman fight is canon Something is wrong with this statement

xJLxKing
Originally posted by kgkg
Something is wrong with this statement
All I meant to say is that some specific crossovers are canon. The one where Thor and Superman fought are viewed by BOTH companies as Canon and this is why the fight counts

Slaanesh
Small blows that barely had any affect. The HV barely hurt Thor. So yeah it was one shot. CROSSOVER= NOT CANON, but this THOR and Superman fight is canon

All I meant to say is that some specific crossovers are canon. The one where Thor and Superman fought are viewed by BOTH companies as Canon and this is why the fight counts

no expression

Mindset
All I meant to say is that some specific crossovers are canon. The one where Thor and Superman fought are viewed by BOTH companies as Canon and this is why the fight counts facepalm

Badabing
All I meant to say is that some specific crossovers are canon. The one where Thor and Superman fought are viewed by BOTH companies as Canon and this is why the fight counts Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format
No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

Leobama
All I meant to say is that some specific crossovers are canon. The one where Thor and Superman fought are viewed by BOTH companies as Canon and this is why the fight counts LOL !!!!!! Anyway, sorry fellas. Any scans of Bor? I'm not familiar with him.

roughrider
Well even if you don't like it, it happened. Superman flat out punched Thor right in the face. He knocked him out with one punch big grin Yeah I don't like the fight either but it counts as both companies count and acknowledge it

Thor also one-shotted Superman with mjolnir, within the first minute they met. The page clearly shows Supes down & out for a minute or two in that office building, while his JLA teammates jumped into battle against the Avengers without him.
Wasn't a sneaky cheapshot either; both sides stood facing the other, giving threats & ultimatums until Thor had enough & declared hostilities.

Enyalus
Bor should take these two out with little trouble.

Allankles
Based on recent feats Supes vs Bor would go to Supes 7/10.

The team take this 10/10 in a forum battle.

Kris Blaze

Any person who's not completely retarded noticed that Superman and Thor exchanged more than just a single punch.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Allankles
Based on recent feats Supes vs Bor would go to Supes 7/10.

The team take this 10/10 in a forum battle.

BAsed on feats Bor can kill classic Thor in one shot

Supes and WW are at classic Thors levels So bor takes it 10/10.

Bor has only 2 showings and with his feats only 2 of them mind you show to be way out of WW and supes league

Allankles
Originally posted by DarkOdin
BAsed on feats Bor can kill classic Thor in one shot

Supes and WW are at classic Thors levels So bor takes it 10/10.

Bor has only 2 showings and with his feats only 2 of them mind you show to be way out of WW and supes league

That's some warped logic you got there. Anyway current Supes tears through teams of super beings including WW. Bor alone would be hard pressed to beat current Supes for any kind of majority, add WW and in a forum battle, the fight is overwhelmingly tipped in the team's favour.

Naija boy
That's some warped logic you got there. Anyway current Supes tears through teams of super beings including WW. Bor alone would be hard pressed to beat current Supes for any kind of majority, add WW and in a forum battle, the fight is overwhelmingly tipped in the team's favour.

Scans of him tearing thru high level teams with members not jobbing?

Allankles
Scans of him tearing thru high level teams with members not jobbing?

In FC he tears through a group of justifiers like they were nothing but a nuisance. He's moving planets, he's going toe to toe with Tangent Supes; he's owning the crime syndicate 2 on 1 with zero problems, using brains and speed.

Lord Feron

What Nuul said... actually you won't be surprised I can probably name all the idiots now lol laughing

Naija boy
In FC he tears through a group of justifiers like they were nothing but a nuisance. He's moving planets, he's going toe to toe with Tangent Supes; he's owning the crime syndicate 2 on 1 with zero problems, using brains and speed.

Superman has been able to move planets for some time. Tangent supes is still high herald level isnt he? Also id like to see scans of these other instances. Cuz if he was simply punching them down then it doesnt warrant this much hype.

Allankles
Superman has been able to move planets for some time. Tangent supes is still high herald level isnt he? Also id like to see scans of these other instances. Cuz if he was simply punching them down then it doesnt warrant this much hype.

Tangent Supes has impressive feats against top tiers shutting down most of them in combat when he took over Tangent Earth. I'm not in a position to post scans maybe in a few hours. I'm not at home at the moment.

I just think magical beings get more hype than characters who don't use magic. It's not like Supes hasn't faced down killing blows from people above him in power. Also WW has excellent defense for the kind of magic Bor brings to the table.

Naija boy
Tangent Supes has impressive feats against top tiers shutting down most of them in combat when he took over Tangent Earth. I'm not in a position to post scans maybe in a few hours. I'm not at home at the moment.

I just think magical beings get more hype than characters who don't use magic. It's not like Supes hasn't faced down killing blows from people above him in power.

Alright ill await the scans.

Supes has faced down killing blows from high level beings yes but so has classic thor. IF Bor could oneshot classic thor then it wont take that many more blows to take supes out either.

DarkOdin

I just think magical beings get more hype than characters who don't use magic. It's not like Supes hasn't faced down killing blows from people above him in power. Also WW has excellent defense for the kind of magic Bor brings to the table.

Bor blow at the begining was nothing magic based just a brutal hit.

Nothing flawed with my logic. Just stating on panel evidence. classic Thor was able to hang with Supes Bor would of killed him in one shot.

Mindset

I just think magical beings get more hype than characters who don't use magic. It's not like Supes hasn't faced down killing blows from people above him in power. Also WW has excellent defense for the kind of magic Bor brings to the table. Bor didn't use magic until the Dark Avengers came.

Kris Blaze
Bor didn't use magic until the Dark Avengers came.

Funny, I saw some kind of magic glowy thing around his axe D:

In my opinion all of Bor's moves (when he tries) are full of magic, but he has to activate it in order to pull off any kind of offensive moves beyond amplifying his attacks.

DarkOdin

In my opinion all of Bor's moves (when he tries) are full of magic, but he has to activate it in order to pull off any kind of offensive moves beyond amplifying his attacks.

He could of been amping himself strength rise but i remember the blow looking like just a strength blow i will double check the respect thread there was scans there wink

Mindset

In my opinion all of Bor's moves (when he tries) are full of magic, but he has to activate it in order to pull off any kind of offensive moves beyond amplifying his attacks. I don't care what you saw boy uhuh

DarkOdin
I don't care what you saw boy uhuh

It is hard to tell but it look like Bor was draging his axe on the ground producing a spark of some sort and when the axe a mjolnir hit all hell breaks loose.

Allankles
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Bor blow at the begining was nothing magic based just a brutal hit.

Nothing flawed with my logic. Just stating on panel evidence. classic Thor was able to hang with Supes Bor would of killed him in one shot.

In a comic Book if they were trying to hype Bor up? Maybe. In a forum battle given that Supes has been able to take skyfather blasts, super novas and Emperor joker literally stumping a mud hole through him? Not likely.

beast1234
bor take this

Eel O'Brien
In a comic Book if they were trying to hype Bor up? Maybe. In a forum battle given that Supes has been able to take skyfather blasts, super novas and Emperor joker literally stumping a mud hole through him? Not likely.

When has Supes taken skyfather blasts?

No need for scans. Do you have issues #'s or storyline names?

iceman24567
He took a few shots from Monarch but he was koed easily by him like 3 times laughing

Allankles
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
When has Supes taken skyfather blasts?

No need for scans. Do you have issues #'s or storyline names?

Superman: Emperor Joker arc when he had Mxy's power as good an example as you'll get. EJ was above skyfather too.

Mindset
Superman: Emperor Joker arc when he had Mxy's power as good an example as you'll get. EJ was above skyfather too. EJ went easy on him

Allankles
EJ went easy on him

What about surviving skyfather level blast from The Disciple in JLA: Primeval? or when he took energy blasts from the Elder gods and defeated them?

Mindset
They obviously weren't skyfather.

Next.

Allankles
They obviously weren't skyfather.

Next.

Elder Gods were low skyfther individually at least and together easily owned the other league members, Supes was durable enough to take it and dish out some punishment of his own.

Disciples blast took out the rest of the league, which included an angel (probably of the eagle host). Disciple was even more powerful than the Elders and Supes took the magical attack when his peers could not.

Naija boy
Elder Gods were low skyfther individually at least and together easily owned the other league members, Supes was durable enough to take it and dish out some punishment of his own.

Disciples blast took out the rest of the league, which included an angel (probably of the eagle host). Disciple was even more powerful than the Elders and Supes took the magical attack when his peers could not.

Issue numbers?

Allankles
Issue numbers?

JLA: Primeval start from there.

EDIT: And as I said earlier Superman: Emeperor Joker is the best display of what Supes can take. Getting smashed around by a mad man with Mxy's power and even having his heart ripped out.

Naija boy
JLA: Primeval start from there.

EDIT: And as I said earlier Superman: Emeperor Joker is the best display of what Supes can take. Getting smashed around by a mad man with Mxy's power and even having his heart ripped out.

Alright

But its obvious that Joker wasnt going all out. also thats more of an example of his healing ability and tenacity not durability.

Allankles
Alright

But its obvious that Joker wasnt going all out. also thats more of an example of his healing ability and tenacity not durability.

He'd been smashing him around before he reaped his heart out.

Raoul
Closing this. truth is, Bor has one appearence. one fight. it could be a high showing for thor, a low one, or a standard, we just don't know, because Thor has had so few fights in his new series.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.