Heath Ledger Wins Oscar!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PANDAxMoNiUm
We know its goin to happen. So why not just say it, RIGHT?
PRE-Congrats to Heath! smile
RIP...

PANDAxMoNiUm
!!

Rafkins_Warning
Of course he won it... what the hell did you all think was going to happen... I knew the outcome the day his nomination was announced.

I guess now comes the part where everyone acts so surprised and gushes about it for the rest of this year. Oh joy.

BruceSkywalker
PRAISE HEATH,

WELL DESERVED IT WAS

Rafkins_Warning
Praise Heath..... is that like praise Jesus? LOL.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i screamed like a schoolgirl when they announced it stick out tongue
Rock In Peace Heath

FistOfThe North

Ahnold
Congratulations to Heath on a thoroughly well-deserved Oscar that, I think, pretty much the whole world was rooting for him to win.

I know that some people may be cynical about his win, and may even question whether he'd have even been nominated were he still alive. But that's really besides the point; Heath truly turned in an outstanding, layered, and electric performance as the Joker, and accomplished what few had initially thought possible - he crafted a take on the role that can proudly stand alongside Nicholson's performance in Tim Burton's original film. So I'm glad that the Academy has recognised that.

I genuinely feel that it's one of the great tragedies of modern cinema that the movie-going public have been robbed of the chance to not only see Heath's Joker make an encore in the sequel to "The Dark Knight", but also to witness Heath truly become the movie star that he was on the verge of becoming when he died.

So well done Academy - you done good smile .

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ahnold
Congratulations to Heath on a thoroughly well-deserved Oscar that, I think, pretty much the whole world was rooting for him to win.

I know that some people may be cynical about his win, and may even question whether he'd have even been nominated were he still alive. But that's really besides the point; Heath truly turned in an outstanding, layered, and electric performance as the Joker, and accomplished what few had initially thought possible - he crafted a take on the role that can proudly stand alongside Nicholson's performance in Tim Burton's original film. So I'm glad that the Academy has recognised that.

I genuinely feel that it's one of the great tragedies of modern cinema that the movie-going public have been robbed of the chance to not only see Heath's Joker make an encore in the sequel to "The Dark Knight", but also to witness Heath truly become the movie star that he was on the verge of becoming when he died.

So well done Academy - you done good smile .

thumb up thumb up

Dr Will Hatch
I am happy that he won and all, though what's the point really if he is dead? Everyone who appreciated his performance already do, and it doesn't have to be validated by an award. Not that I'm not happy, I am, quite, but its a bitter pill when the film itself was snubbed and Christian Bale doesn't get the same amount of praise which he also deserved.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
I am happy that he won and all, though what's the point really if he is dead? Everyone who appreciated his performance already do, and it doesn't have to be validated by an award. Not that I'm not happy, I am, quite, but its a bitter pill when the film itself was snubbed and Christian Bale doesn't get the same amount of praise which he also deserved.
Pretty much feel the same way about Aaron Eckhart when it came to this movie, so I guess I agree a little. erm

Also, *in before someone calls this a sympathy award*.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.