Sentry vs. Hyperion ( Supreme Power)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

It's Face
Fights on Titan.

The Pict
Sentry whoops this Superman rip-off!

Seriously though I'd give the edge to Hyperion. He can battle Sentry for a stalemate until Sentry's powers drain like they did in World War Hulk. And that's not gonna happen to Mark.

guy222
hype

The Nuul
Hype.

Longinus
Jesus, I hate how downplayed Sentry has become. I really wish they'd put him in the hands of an able writer and someone concerned with progressing his character, story and abilities. But, back onto topic I give the nod to Sentry after a long, hard fought battle. Until he gains control over his pysche and plethora of abilities then he'll have to work for this win. It's all there for him to transcend the basic Superman archetype, vast psychic potential, creating of hard light constructs, the resurrection of life in addition to his other typical Superman-esque abilities. Sorry for the rant but please Capcom, give this man the respect he rightfully deserves. Currently I'd hand this to Sentry 6-7/10. Also if Sentry has access to the Void persona of his, with it's shapeshifting and ability to exploit an opponet's deepest fear I'll give it to Sentry 10/10.

vansonbee
Hyperion ftw

Longinus
Do people ever give give reasons as to why they pick the character they do for wins anymore? It's senseless to come in here and say Hype or Hype ftw like whats being added to the debate by doing that. There needs to be a rule or something for people to actually explain their reasoning somewhat.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Longinus
Do people ever give give reasons as to why they pick the character they do for wins anymore? It's senseless to come in here and say Hype or Hype ftw like whats being added to the debate by doing that. There needs to be a rule or something for people to actually explain their reasoning somewhat.

Hype ftw.

Longinus
lol wow

iceman24567
Hype easily.

Knowsbleed33
Hyperion.

Enyalus

Okay...Well, Hyperion beat Ultimate Thor pretty easily and I believe Sentry would have issues with him. Also, his strength is pretty clearly above Sentry's due to Sentry not being able to lift the SHIELD helicarrier and Hyperion being stated to be able to lift entire continents. Plus them having comparable speed and at minimum comparable durability.

That's why Mark wins.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Enyalus
Okay...Well, Hyperion beat Ultimate Thor pretty easily and I believe Sentry would have issues with him. Also, his strength is pretty clearly above Sentry's due to Sentry not being able to lift the SHIELD helicarrier and Hyperion being stated to be able to lift entire continents. Plus them having comparable speed and at minimum comparable durability.

That's why Mark wins. Hyperion wasn't superior to Ultimate Thor, they were near equal (with hammer of course)

Hyperion didn't show much sign of stamina lost during his fights compared to Sentry vs WWH (beat down, ugly art mad )

Helicarrier being compared isn't right, due to how big each other are or gravity. Plus Sentry not being able to carry helicarrier could be alot of things, balancing ship so it won't crack in two or Sentry doesn't have enough gas to float. (iono lolz)

Longinus

That's why Mark wins.

Why are you comparing someone from 616 to an Ultimate character? Hyperion's status in Ultimate is different than in the 616, a prime example being Thor. Some characters grow stronger (Colossus/Namor) while others are relatively weaker (Thor) so that comparison doesn't fly. Also was it shown or stated that Hyperion could lift continents? Because if we're what's been stated, Sentry has been stated to have stalemated Galactus, his powers are potentially limitless, rivaling Surfer and Phoenix and is stated as the most powerful hero in Marvel continuity. So c'mon let's not go by whats been stated because whats been stated about Robert is far more impressive. Also his counterpart, the Void, which is just a dark expression has done feats that have him rivaling those of King Hyperion, a much more powerful alternate of Mark. The Void is a part of Robert unlike Exiles Hyperion which is another being in himself. So don't be so quick to downtalk Sentry.

Enyalus
Why are you comparing someone from 616 to an Ultimate character? Hyperion's status in Ultimate is different than in the 616, a prime example being Thor.

Naturally, if Hyperion had fought 616 Thor, I'd have said so. He didn't, which is why I specified Ultimate.

Also was it shown or stated that Hyperion could lift continents?

Stated in a narration panel, narrated by a military scientist tracking Hyperion's fight with Dr. Spectrum.

Because if we're what's been stated, Sentry has been stated to have stalemated Galactus

Yes. So says Spiderman. If Reed Richards or Silver Surfer had said it, it would be more credible. In this case, a military scientist who was keeping tabs on Hyperion's fight is a credible source...while a street-level Spiderman saying something about a member of the Celestial Trinity is most certainly not.

The Void is a part of Robert unlike Exiles Hyperion which is another being in himself. So don't be so quick to downtalk Sentry.

That's nice. And if this were The Void, I would give him the win. It's Sentry. The dude who stalemated WWH going all out. He loses.

SupremeMan
There is no question that Sentry at his best stomps Hyperion. Supreme Power Hype's best feats are dwarfed by Sentry's best feats.

SoulDevourer
Sentrys vulnerable to fire right? maybe Hype can use his HV on him (Sentry got pwned by nova blast and Hype was unaffected)

whats Supreme Hypes weakness? (iirc he had one but I cant remember what)

Enyalus
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
whats Supreme Hypes weakness? (iirc he had one but I cant remember what)

He doesn't really have one. He's powered up by solar energy like Supes. He seemed sort of weak against Dr. Spectrum's energy because it was the same power source from Mark's spaceship. I dunno if it was because he was weak to it or it was more powerful than the other stuff he's faced.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by SupremeMan
There is no question that Sentry at his best stomps Hyperion. Supreme Power Hype's best feats are dwarfed by Sentry's best feats.

What?

vansonbee
There is no question that Sentry at his best stomps Hyperion. Supreme Power Hype's best feats are dwarfed by Sentry's best feats. confused
Simple statement like "Sentry FTW" would work too, you know.

iceman24567
There is no question that Sentry at his best stomps Hyperion. Supreme Power Hype's best feats are dwarfed by Sentry's best feats. Sentry's low feats dwarf Hyperion's lowest feats laughing

Longinus

Stated in a narration panel, narrated by a military scientist tracking Hyperion's fight with Dr. Spectrum.

Yes. So says Spiderman. If Reed Richards or Silver Surfer had said it, it would be more credible. In this case, a military scientist who was keeping tabs on Hyperion's fight is a credible source...while a street-level Spiderman saying something about a member of the Celestial Trinity is most certainly not.

Why does Spiderman commenting that Sentry stalemated Galactus detract from his credibility at all? Should it matter who's eyes witnessed it? You're being biased plain and simple. A nameless scientist is more credible than a hero? There's a scan that theorizes that at Hyperion's apex of power rogue he'd cause atomic weapon type destruction but I've been to the Hype respect thread multiple times (I actually enjoy Supreme Power Hyperion) and I've never seen the quote you're referring to. I'd think it'd be in there considering it'd be a great compliment to his feats but if I'm wrong point me in the direction. Sentry in control, confident and unconcerned with unleashing his power will win and in exercising his other abilities he walks all over Hyperion. Also the Void and Sentry recently merged if I am correct (don't quote me on that) but that makes them one and the same so they are one being so Sentry should also have access to his powerset as they are a single fused being.

Enyalus
Why does Spiderman commenting that Sentry stalemated Galactus detract from his credibility at all? Should it matter who's eyes witnessed it? You're being biased plain and simple. A nameless scientist is more credible than a hero? There's a scan that theorizes that at Hyperion's apex of power rogue he'd cause atomic weapon type destruction but I've been to the Hype respect thread multiple times (I actually enjoy Supreme Power Hyperion) and I've never seen the quote you're referring to. I'd think it'd be in there considering it'd be a great compliment to his feats but if I'm wrong point me in the direction. Sentry in control, confident and unconcerned with unleashing his power will win and in exercising his other abilities he walks all over Hyperion. Also the Void and Sentry recently merged if I am correct (don't quote me on that) but that makes them one and the same so they are one being so Sentry should also have access to his powerset as they are a single fused being.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Hype_str1.jpg

For you, my friend.

I said continents, that says tectonic plates...my bad.

Longinus
Is that a theory because until he lifts a continent nothing is proven just as the Sentry/Galactus/Spiderman fiasco. I'm just giing Hyperion the same treatment everyone seems so enthusiastic about giving Sentry

Enyalus
Is that a theory because until he lifts a continent nothing is proven just as the Sentry/Galactus/Spiderman fiasco. I'm just giing Hyperion the same treatment everyone seems so enthusiastic about giving Sentry

If you want to call satellite recon and movements that set off things on the Ritcher scale a 'theory' you can be my guest.

It's much more solid evidence than Spiderman saying something about someone (Galactus) who he knows nothing about and couldn't have possibly been there.

Mindset
Spiderman knows about Galactus, Spiderman is probably the most knowledgeable Marvel character. erm

Longinus
There's plenty of evidence to suggest that Sentry is much more than an agrophobic, skitsophrenic, dissociative identity disorder latent copy of Superman. And theres much evidence suggesting that he has the potential to transcend that watermark but people incessantly put him down because of the idiotic writing that has engulfed him. Take a look at his earlier appearances, when he's confident and in control with no fear no Earth dwelling entity is touching him.

Eel O'Brien
but people incessantly put him down because of the idiotic writing that has engulfed him.

Trust me, my friend; we only put him down because the writers did first...

Longinus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Trust me, my friend; we only put him down because the writers did first...

Yea so? Because characters like Sentry, Gladiator and Apocalypse are written as idiots who magically forget their vast array of powers we write them off? Aren't forum rules characters fight to their fullest potential and without PIS/CIS? It's funny when Superman or Silver Surfer are beaten by bricks and Sentry stalemates one while fighting idiotically...Sentry is immediately hastled no such luck for Supes or SS, why is that? Why the bias?

SupremeMan
Originally posted by iceman24567
Sentry's low feats dwarf Hyperion's lowest feats laughing

And yet Hype exists in a world where all other powers derive from his ship which goes to why is is the most powerful in that world. He seems about equal to Ultimate Thor (who is far below 616 Thor) until he gets a nova flame/ sundip to power him up. That I have seen, he has atomic bomb level durability, at least close to light speed movement and not sure what his best strength feat is. But then we have Sentry who at his most powerful could destroy the world if he has a bad day, is considered absolutely unstoppable if he really unleashed everything he has, who divides his personas and never unleashes his full potential but we get glimpses of it when other characters hit him with everything they've got and it has absolutely zero effect when he's at his most powerful.

So we have a guy who seems unstoppably powerful in a world where all other powers derive from the same thing that is less than him and who seems about equal with one of the Ultimate Universes heavy hitters against a guy who, at his best, can curbstomp the entire Marvel 616 universe if he takes himself off the leash.

Eel O'Brien
Yea so? Because characters like Sentry, Gladiator and Apocalypse are written as idiots who magically forget their vast array of powers we write them off? Aren't forum rules characters fight to their fullest potential and without PIS/CIS? It's funny when Superman or Silver Surfer are beaten by bricks and Sentry stalemates one while fighting idiotically...Sentry is immediately hastled no such luck for Supes or SS, why is that? Why the bias?

It's easy to write off a few low showings, but Sentry turned into a joke and Marvel has shown little interest in bringing him back.

Oh, and you think I'm biased...against Sentry... confused

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
It's easy to write off a few low showings, but Sentry turned into a joke and Marvel has shown little interest in bringing him back.

I don't know why you'd say that. I love what they've done to his character for Dark Reign. And DA #2? Pure badassness.

SoulDevourer
He doesn't really have one. He's powered up by solar energy like Supes. He seemed sort of weak against Dr. Spectrum's energy because it was the same power source from Mark's spaceship. I dunno if it was because he was weak to it or it was more powerful than the other stuff he's faced. no I wuz thinking of that comic (not sure if its Supreme Power) where Doom creates this infection or something that emit radiation that allmost kills Hype

Enyalus
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
no I wuz thinking of that comic (not sure if its Supreme Power)

It's not. Different universe. Different Hyperion.

Eel O'Brien
I don't know why you'd say that. I love what they've done to his character for Dark Reign. And DA #2? Pure badassness.

Maybe, but it's still too early to be sure. I hope they keep moving in that direction though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.