Street Fighter 4 VS Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Frisky Dingo
I notice that casual players say SF4 is the best SF ever and 1 of the best fighters out there. Most of us fans who no about SF3 called it the best SF on the planet. Is SF3 the greatest of all SFs or has it been beaten?

Which is the better game? And if U dont think either of these games R the best SF, then what is?

BackFire
I never actually played any of the SFIII games.

SaTsuJiN
3rd strike is definitely a favorite... but I wouldnt call SFIV a casual friendly game

as for better... I think SFIV has more of a chance with the possibility of being patched on XboxLive and PSN respectively.. so that earns alot of points with me

Joker1237
I never like Street Fighter 3 myself.

Non of the new fighters never held my fancy. Most of the new fighters were rip offs of old fighters. Sure the parry system was great. But it still fail by sf standers imo.

sf II
sf alpha
sf 4
sf 1
and than sf 3 is how I rank them.

Zack Fair
3rd Strike has the benefit of nostalgia and time...but SF4 beats it. Not because it is new, but because SF4 has grabbed hold of me and by the looks of it it will not let me go--unlike SF3 back in the day.

SF3 was good, but besides checking out the regs(Ryu Ken Chunli) the new crew was uninteresting and freaky to me. Granted the gameplay was topnotch, but SF4 has delivered in all aspects.

The only thing left for SF4 to prove is how good it will stand the test of time.

Scythe
What about SF II? That's where it's at. Still, with these choices, I'd say SF IV.

Yoshi Paradise
I believe Street Fighter IV is better than Street Fighter III.

The parry system in SFIII was somewhat annoying.

Alan Kyder
I guess I'm in the minority when I say that not only is 3rd Strike better, it destroys SFIV.

Jump in HP, HP, ducking HK-CANCEL, HP Shoryuken-CANCEL, Shinryuken. Only game I know wit such a beautiful fighting system. That game turned me into a superstar 'round my way...Remo knows.

I liked the characters and music more too.

chidori210
Originally posted by I am who I am
I guess I'm in the minority when I say that not only is 3rd Strike better, it destroys SFIV.

Jump in HP, HP, ducking HK-CANCEL, HP Shoryuken-CANCEL, Shinryuken. Only game I know wit such a beautiful fighting system. That game turned me into a superstar 'round my way...Remo knows.

i have to agree SF 3rd strike is the best of the series

-Chidori210

jinXed by JaNx
I tried to play some street fighter 2 the other day. Damn, that game sucks some balls. It was the god damn shit back in the day but in THIS day..,no, it's boring. I'm super amped to play street fighter 4. I'm thinking about getting into some of those fighting games out there again, but nothing will EVER top Marvel VS Capcom 2. That is where the shit was and always will be at. That mother fracker trumps all these bitches. Although, i can't speak for Street fighter 4 becuase i havent played it yet. 3rd strike reminded me to much the Snk universe plus, it was to goddamn hard and unforgiving. hahah.

i'm waiting until the day that we see, Marvel Vs Capcom 3. On THAT day. That day i'll shit my pants in antincipation and enjoyment.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by I am who I am

I dont know why people bash the parrying so much.. yeah it changed the gameplay from your normal street fighter outing.. but it made the matches so much more exciting than just some lame block-string extravaganza

I am who I am
The problem, which I think someone else said along time ago was it took away from character individuality. EVERYONE could do it. And that's all you really needed. They should have put some limits on it. Like you shouldn't be able to parry while blockin' or parry in the air. There should also be a parry limit, I've seen cats parry a Shinku Hadouken. I will say that SFIV did do a good job of puttin' limits on the focus attacks. Focus doesn't take priority over EVERY attack that isn't a grab.Originally posted by chidori210
i have to agree SF 3rd strike is the best of the series

-Chidori210 I'm glad Im not the only one.

Fanboy
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
I notice that casual players say SF4 is the best SF ever and 1 of the best fighters out there. Most of us fans who no about SF3 called it the best SF on the planet. Is SF3 the greatest of all SFs or has it been beaten?

Which is the better game? And if U dont think either of these games R the best SF, then what is?

I've played both games and Street Fighter 3 3rd strike is far more superior to street fighter 4.

Fanboy
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I dont know why people bash the parrying so much.. yeah it changed the gameplay from your normal street fighter outing.. but it made the matches so much more exciting than just some lame block-string extravaganza

Indeed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.