You vs Earth (twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
say you have been given 1% of mxy powers, would that be enough to take over earth.

TricksterPriest
DC earth, marvel earth, or our earth?

supremthor
our earth

Raoul
how do we quantify 1%, i mean, mxy's power is almost limitless...

rotiart
Sersi level reality altering?

KingD19
1% of Mxy's power is enough to stop any Earthly threat from harming you in any way shape or form.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
1% of Mxy's power is enough to stop any Earthly threat from harming you in any way shape or form. It wont stop Dog the Bounty Hunter brah

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by supremthor
our earth

even if we all get 50000% of mxy's power we wont be able to conquer our earth. chuck norris would just roundhouse kick our assess to hell. mad

janus77
should be ridiculously easy with that kind of power.

hell, Magneto would "pwn" our earth!

Doctor-Alvis
I would go as far to say Cyclops could take a major chunk out of our planet's butt.

Juntai
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I would go as far to say Cyclops could take a major chunk out of our planet's butt. Nope, one sniper would end that fight.

Mekrob
Originally posted by Juntai
Nope, one sniper would end that fight. Very true.

Cyke sucks.

---

Also Fedor would own Mxy.

KingD19
Actually, several mutants/ metahumans could take anything we could throw at them.

Colossus
Strong Guy
Josiah Power
Emma Frost
Professor X
Storm
Iceman
Wise Son
Magneto
The list goes on.

Enyalus
Don't forget Wolverine.

Raoul
Nope, one sniper would end that fight.

assuming he could find him.

KingD19
Yeah, you'd have to nuke Wolverine, and finding a target that small would mean the government is basically saying F*$% You, to wherever he is. And essentially they would become the bad guys because they bombed a whole city to stop one guy, who'll probably come back anyway.

complexbrother
back to the question posted, yes that would be enough to take over our earth.

Galan007
Yeah, it'd easily be enough.

During 'Emperor Joker,' Mxy only had .1% of his powers left, yet he was still able to do some pretty impressive things (ie. create avatars, alter minds, transform himself into a miniature sun, etc.)

So with a solid 1% you'd be pretty uber, in all honesty.

KingD19
Originally posted by Raoul
assuming he could find him.

A guy in a skin tight, all black body suit, with a head covering, or the blue and yellow one, doesn't matter. Isn't that hard to find, unless you go to an S&M club, but, the fact that he'll be shooting bright red beams of energy from his eyes kinda helps you spot him.

And Dog/Chuck Norris could help save the world.

Doctor-Alvis
Nope, one sniper would end that fight.
Well sure. When he's given a choice between taking a near lethal dose of heroin or making his attempt at world domination with a clear head and years of experience under his belt and he's lying there on the ground completely unaware of where he because he made the wrong choice I suppose a sniper would be able to pick him right off.

Or when his first move is to slowly roll himself in a straight line down main street New York in a big wheel.

KingD19
The whole "Guy in a black body suit with red lasers coming from his eyes" thing didn't make you think hmmm, a guy in a black body suit with red lasers coming from his eyes, is an easy target for a sniper?

Tattoos N Scars
Actually, several mutants/ metahumans could take anything we could throw at them.

Colossus
Strong Guy
Josiah Power
Emma Frost
Professor X
Storm
Iceman
Wise Son
Magneto
The list goes on.

Are you serious? Colossus, Xavier, or Storm could survive a Nuke?..or conventional bombs for that matter? Well, Colossus might could survive conventional bombs...but Daisy Cutters or Nukes..hell no.

Enyalus
Sebastian Shaw, lol.

KingD19
Colossus has survived a nuke before, and storm could summon winds powerful enough to rip the nuke apart in mid flight, hit it with lightning, a lot of stuff And Xavier would just wipe the minds of anyone who opposed him. More than likely taking out powerful authority figures first.

Tattoos N Scars
Colossus has survived a nuke before, and storm could summon winds powerful enough to rip the nuke apart in mid flight, hit it with lightning, a lot of stuff And Xavier would just wipe the minds of anyone who opposed him. More than likely taking out powerful authority figures first.

I have no doubt that these characters could give Earth problems. You got a scan showin' Colossus surviving a nuke at near ground zero? He doesn't have top notch durabilty..and I don't see him surving that. Hell if Juggs can KO him..what would a nuke do. Juggs hits hard...but not at the force a multi-megaton nuke would hit you.

Raoul
A guy in a skin tight, all black body suit, with a head covering, or the blue and yellow one, doesn't matter. Isn't that hard to find, unless you go to an S&M club, but, the fact that he'll be shooting bright red beams of energy from his eyes kinda helps you spot him.

And Dog/Chuck Norris could help save the world.

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Well sure. When he's given a choice between taking a near lethal dose of heroin or making his attempt at world domination with a clear head and years of experience under his belt and he's lying there on the ground completely unaware of where he because he made the wrong choice I suppose a sniper would be able to pick him right off.

Or when his first move is to slowly roll himself in a straight line down main street New York in a big wheel.

and, he's a tactical genius.

KingD19
I can't find a scan of it, but in Ultimates, Hawkeye hit him with a localized nuke, 20 foot range, but still a full power warhead. Juggs never ko'd Colossus, he's beaten him, but as far as I know he's never knocked him unconscious. If you're talking about the 616 bar fight, he lost, but he was still conscious, and still armored up. He only goes back to normal when he wills it, or when he's knocked unconscious. And I doubt that the government would drop a nuke on a populated city.

KingD19
My mistake, I found the scan, and it was a small scale nuke, but I have no doubt 616 or Ultimate could survive a full scale, as his durability is in the top tier of the Marvel universe in both 616 and Ultimate.

Raoul
I'm pretty sure 616 colossus isn't being killed by a nuke. he's taken on far worse and come out fine.

the only problem is transport. i mean, a metal man that weighs tons is going to take months to take over the world, maybe even years...

KingD19
Well, transport might become an issue, but considering the fact that he can go to any military base, take it over, then commandeer a jet or anything of that matter, getting around would be no problem. And if someone tries to self destruct whatever he's on, he can just armor up, survive, then start over. He could actually get it all out of the way by making sure the Pres is home, taking a tour of the White House, and pulling a Nightcrawler from X-2.

Raoul
Well, transport might become an issue, but considering the fact that he can go to any military base, take it over, then commandeer a jet or anything of that matter, getting around would be no problem. And if someone tries to self destruct whatever he's on, he can just armor up, survive, then start over. He could actually get it all out of the way by making sure the Pres is home, taking a tour of the White House, and pulling a Nightcrawler from X-2.

he could, if he was smart. i dunno if he'd risk travelling unarmoured though...

Mekrob
Wait... Mxy is less powerful than a fat comic book writer (it was written in da comic).

Dunno how that power would work against the world.

KingD19
Colossus is a lot smarter than most people give him credit for, like using leverage in fights and things like that. And he can stay armored for days on end, the longest was 5 days, but I'm sure he can stay almost indefinitely. And if he can't, he can inspire enough fear in just about anyone to leave him alone.

KingD19
They said Myx was less powerful because he doesn't really use his powers in a violent and evil way. But his actual abilities are just about infinite, 1% of that is enough to rule the world for as long as you live, which could be as long as you want.

Raoul
Colossus is a lot smarter than most people give him credit for, like using leverage in fights and things like that. And he can stay armored for days on end, the longest was 5 days, but I'm sure he can stay almost indefinitely. And if he can't, he can inspire enough fear in just about anyone to leave him alone.

if they want to kill him, all they'd have to do is wait until get got in to a plane or whatever, then shoot him out of the sky. he'd be lucky to armour up before he got hit. also, crossing oceans means that they could drop dozens of nukes on him...

KingD19
Well like you said, traveling unarmored would be stupid, and considering the 5 day duration that he's shown so far, he can stay armored far longer than is necessary to get to any destination. And while he is a capable pilot, he would more than likely have someone fly him. Also, if he's flying in a jet, you wouldn't be able to hit him with a nuke. And even if they do shoot him out of the sky, if he's armored, he'll survive, he's done it many times before.

Doctor-Alvis
Above all you need some kind of AE and moderate defense. Storm would be a good choice.

The whole "Guy in a black body suit with red lasers coming from his eyes" thing didn't make you think hmmm, a guy in a black body suit with red lasers coming from his eyes, is an easy target for a sniper?
If the only option for world domination is to bullrush the military in your costume then I suppose Cyclops would be a bad choice. But if you consider his tactical knowledge, the ability to fire the world's largest bulldozer from your face, and above all, the common sense to not stand on top of the empire state building firing his beams into the sky with his costume on, I think he could go pretty far.

KingD19
True, if he could be like Mr.47 and keep his identity secret, fire his blast then get gone, then I think he could do some damage. But ruling from the shadows would be pretty difficult.

Doctor-Alvis
You're kinda going at it with both extremes. Lesser people have done more and they didn't have a raygun for a face.

KingD19
True, but we're talking about Cyclops, his biggest advantage besides his tactical brilliance are his Optic Beams. If we're talking about just that one person going against the world, starting from scratch, with no resources. I would say Cyke is slow but steady guerilla fighter. Take out an important convoy here, hold a powerful dignitary hostage there. Slowly, but surely, he would take over the world if he kept his head on straight and played it safe.

h1a8
Can Colossus swim in metal form?

KingD19
I would assume so, since in Ultimate he took a sub that was so far down that other subs couldn't reach it and got it to shore, and 616, he's towed the X-Jet from underwater.

spetznaz

For Colossus:

Sure, he is strong. Certaintly, he has a very high measure of durability. Yes, he would be a threat.
The only problem is that he would only be a problem on a localized scale ....for instance if he is facing off against the local National Guard. Against conventional weapons he would do quite well.
The problem is that sooner or later he would face true opposition, ranging from thermobaric weapons (I've always wondered if even though he was impervious to a lot of harm, what concussive pressure-based shock could do to him. We know that someone like Juggernaut has knocked him flat out ....with no broken skin. Meaning that the concussive force of the blow plain out knocked him out. I wonder what a Daisy Cutter exploding 15 feet above his head ...for a nice pressure wave ...would do). Oh, and if that doesn't work, there are many real world nuclear weapons that can be delivered with pin-point accuracy (which is really not needed with a nuke) .....and they would have a yield greater than the LOW YIELD nuclear ARROW that Hawkeye had.
Barring that, there was a weapon concept called Rods From God ....basically depleted uranium rods that use GPS guidance, and are dropped from an orbitting satellite, and when they hit the ground they are ...well ....astounding. The sheer kinetic force devastates anything, even though they have no explosive warhead. (The idea was shelved because of agreements against the weaponization of space, but it would basically be the same as a kinetic penetrator streaking in at hyper-mach from space at Colossus' head).

HOWEVER, the main fact is this ....even IF we made Colossus 100% invulnerable, he still could not take over the world. He would be useless, at most becoming a local despot.
Why?
Well, simply because of several reasons:

i) He is highly immobile for the given task. I do not mean he cannot move, and he can move faster than a human can run, but to take over the world you need to be able to move over vast distances. Any campaign without mobility, particularly by an individual whose main attributes are strength and invulnerability, would be very limiting. Compare this with a Gladiator or a Flash for instance.

ii) He would not be able to detect and identify opposition. An opposing force could be half a mile away, and Colossus' ability to detect them would be directly equivalent to yours. This means that the opposing force could easily conduct guerilla warfare against him, without even having to engage him. While those attacks may do nothing to him, guerilla warfare is not meant to do much ...apart from frustrate and disorient, which they could do against colossus. Compare this with someone like Superman, who with his sensory powers would be able to track opposing forces on the other side of the globe (ranging from seeing them through the earth's core, to hearing their heart beats and footsteps parting grass, etc).

iii) Ability to engage is also limited. Colossus has to get his hands on you, or throw something at you, etc. His scope and scale of attacks are very limited. If he faces an army, he would have to engage each tank one by one. If he faces an airforce, he'd have no way of engaging a circling AC-130 Spooky at 5,000 feet, let alone a B-52 at 50,000. If he faced a navy all he would do is just be peppered with Tomahawk and Moskit missiles, which even if they do no harm to him would still make him mad (oh, and while Tomahawks , as an example, nowadays are conventional weapons, they were originally supposed to be nuclear tipped before disarmament treaties fixed that. Changing a warhead is not difficult, and I wonder the effect to colossus of several thousand assorted LACMs of assorted vintage and country of origin, with a good number having nuclear warheads ....ranging from the USN Tomahawk to the USAF ALCM to Russian navy supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles like the Yakhont and Moskit .....start hitting Colossus with precision and high yield nuclear warheads! Again, even if they don't stop him, he will be impeded at the least. Personally I don't think Colossus can take sustained high yield nuclear attacks).

iv) Ability to not lose ground. So, let's say colossus takes over Romania. Then he decides to head over to Bulgaria ...well, when he is gone he has no way of ensuring Romania doesn't fall out of his sphere of influence. Someone like the Flash could easily be near-to-everywhere at the same time, while someone like the Martian Manhunter could either use his speed (seem to be everywhere at the same time), his telepathic/psionic powers (pull a super-Xavier to make the people submit to him), or play on their religious beliefs by shape-shifting into some glorious god-being, or some frightening hundred foot demon-snake that flies, turns invisible, sees through walls, and fires heat from its eyes .....people would FEAR to go against him. All Colossus would have, on the other hand, is the fear people have of dying. However, that is not a strong fear ....when people are desperate, death stops being a disincentive. Compared to what you would know the Martian Manhunter could do to you (goodness, he even knows what you are thinking!!!!), getting squished by Colossus is simply not a big deal.

Anyways, Colossus could never take over the world. At most, maybe some Asian, South American or African country ....for a while (while facing a strong guerilla movement, and losing and regaining territory by the week).
The world? Never.

Someone like Gladiator or the Martian Manhunter could do it (MM could do it with serious style).

For Colossus to do it ...he would have to become like Black Adam (

Sin I AM
excellent post!

my personal pick would be a simple telepath/telekinetic.. and you wouldn't even have to be that uber. nothing could stop you. but honestly that's boring, id rather be an amalgamated character like say kurt/deadpool/invisible woman/and throw in gambit and bullseye power for good measure id be so bad ass

Lord Feron
I'm confident that anyone taht can influence someone's thoughts would be able to take up the world. Slowly but surely and with the least amount of blood being shed.

As for a more aggressive take over... and person that would be just enough to be able to do the job would be like Aquamam, Namor, Captain Atom, Iceman, Spawn, Ghost Rider. Trying to pick people who would be resistant to of course modern day weapons and chemical warfare.

Yeha but as to the thread, easily.

Doctor-Alvis
I think Iceman has more than enough power to take over the world but I don't know if he's smart/skilled enough to do it without inadvertently killing all or more life on the planet.

spetznaz
Originally posted by spetznaz
For Colossus:

Sure, he is strong. Certaintly, he has a very high measure of durability. Yes, he would be a threat.
The only problem is that he would only be a problem on a localized scale ....for instance if he is facing off against the local National Guard. Against conventional weapons he would do quite well.
The problem is that sooner or later he would face true opposition, ranging from thermobaric weapons (I've always wondered if even though he was impervious to a lot of harm, what concussive pressure-based shock could do to him. We know that someone like Juggernaut has knocked him flat out ....with no broken skin. Meaning that the concussive force of the blow plain out knocked him out. I wonder what a Daisy Cutter exploding 15 feet above his head ...for a nice pressure wave ...would do). Oh, and if that doesn't work, there are many real world nuclear weapons that can be delivered with pin-point accuracy (which is really not needed with a nuke) .....and they would have a yield greater than the LOW YIELD nuclear ARROW that Hawkeye had.
Barring that, there was a weapon concept called Rods From God ....basically depleted uranium rods that use GPS guidance, and are dropped from an orbitting satellite, and when they hit the ground they are ...well ....astounding. The sheer kinetic force devastates anything, even though they have no explosive warhead. (The idea was shelved because of agreements against the weaponization of space, but it would basically be the same as a kinetic penetrator streaking in at hyper-mach from space at Colossus' head).

HOWEVER, the main fact is this ....even IF we made Colossus 100% invulnerable, he still could not take over the world. He would be useless, at most becoming a local despot.
Why?
Well, simply because of several reasons:

i) He is highly immobile for the given task. I do not mean he cannot move, and he can move faster than a human can run, but to take over the world you need to be able to move over vast distances. Any campaign without mobility, particularly by an individual whose main attributes are strength and invulnerability, would be very limiting. Compare this with a Gladiator or a Flash for instance.

ii) He would not be able to detect and identify opposition. An opposing force could be half a mile away, and Colossus' ability to detect them would be directly equivalent to yours. This means that the opposing force could easily conduct guerilla warfare against him, without even having to engage him. While those attacks may do nothing to him, guerilla warfare is not meant to do much ...apart from frustrate and disorient, which they could do against colossus. Compare this with someone like Superman, who with his sensory powers would be able to track opposing forces on the other side of the globe (ranging from seeing them through the earth's core, to hearing their heart beats and footsteps parting grass, etc).

iii) Ability to engage is also limited. Colossus has to get his hands on you, or throw something at you, etc. His scope and scale of attacks are very limited. If he faces an army, he would have to engage each tank one by one. If he faces an airforce, he'd have no way of engaging a circling AC-130 Spooky at 5,000 feet, let alone a B-52 at 50,000. If he faced a navy all he would do is just be peppered with Tomahawk and Moskit missiles, which even if they do no harm to him would still make him mad (oh, and while Tomahawks , as an example, nowadays are conventional weapons, they were originally supposed to be nuclear tipped before disarmament treaties fixed that. Changing a warhead is not difficult, and I wonder the effect to colossus of several thousand assorted LACMs of assorted vintage and country of origin, with a good number having nuclear warheads ....ranging from the USN Tomahawk to the USAF ALCM to Russian navy supersonic and hypersonic cruise missiles like the Yakhont and Moskit .....start hitting Colossus with precision and high yield nuclear warheads! Again, even if they don't stop him, he will be impeded at the least. Personally I don't think Colossus can take sustained high yield nuclear attacks).

iv) Ability to not lose ground. So, let's say colossus takes over Romania. Then he decides to head over to Bulgaria ...well, when he is gone he has no way of ensuring Romania doesn't fall out of his sphere of influence. Someone like the Flash could easily be near-to-everywhere at the same time, while someone like the Martian Manhunter could either use his speed (seem to be everywhere at the same time), his telepathic/psionic powers (pull a super-Xavier to make the people submit to him), or play on their religious beliefs by shape-shifting into some glorious god-being, or some frightening hundred foot demon-snake that flies, turns invisible, sees through walls, and fires heat from its eyes .....people would FEAR to go against him. All Colossus would have, on the other hand, is the fear people have of dying. However, that is not a strong fear ....when people are desperate, death stops being a disincentive. Compared to what you would know the Martian Manhunter could do to you (goodness, he even knows what you are thinking!!!!), getting squished by Colossus is simply not a big deal.

Anyways, Colossus could never take over the world. At most, maybe some Asian, South American or African country ....for a while (while facing a strong guerilla movement, and losing and regaining territory by the week).
The world? Never.

Someone like Gladiator or the Martian Manhunter could do it (MM could do it with serious style).

For Colossus to do it ...he would have to become like Black Adam ( MISSING SECTION OF POST:

For Colossus to do it ...he would have to become like Black Adam (super strong, super fast, flight, etc). While BA's senses are not Superman level by any measure, his level of mobility and great speed, and ability to engage in a 3-dimensional level (rather than Colossus' 2-d limitations), would enable him to do great amounts of damage. With the speed he possesses, and the great strength, he could literally engage an entire airforce or army in seconds! We saw him easily throwing aircraft carriers at sea (hmmm ....Colossus wouldn't even be able to float, and even if he swam he couldn't replicate that without sure footing ...and even then I doubt he could throw a carrier weighing many thousands of tonnes. Something Black Adam did with ONE HAND).

However, again it is the Martian Manhunter who would do it with style. Simply make nations launch nukes at each other while he laughs in orbit. Again, with serious style .....just simply make the entire world go to sleep, and have them starve to death over weeks while they are catatonic!

As for Colossus ....he should pick a small Eastern European nation, and hope that he never has to turn back to human form lest some guy with a Dragunov rifle lift the top of his head off!

spetznaz
As for the main thread itself:

Even with a smaller fraction than 1% of Mxy's power, one could become akin to a god on Earth.

The level of reality manipulation and other high-tier abilities, even at 1% of his power, would make the user one of the stronger characters in comics ....let alone what it would make one in the real world.

It is like wealth ....having just 1% of US$ 100 billion basically makes you worth 1 billion US Dollars, which would make you among the richest people in the world!

Same thing with Mxy ...1% of his power would still make a person more than powerful enough to take on the entire JLA.

Translate that to the real world, and you would be a deity.

Easily.

Turn the Himalayas into cheese, and the Atlantic into Soda-pop, and the world will simply realize that you can pull off some major bad-mojo on them.
Afterwards, turn all their weapons (ranging from thermonuclear missiles to cheap Chinese revolvers) into taffy-candy, and you made them realize they are pawns.
Finally, turn all men into women, and all women into men, and after that they will start to worship you once they realize you are operating at a level beyond thought or imagination.

At 1% of Mxy's power, and with some modicum of intellect and imagination, one could easily take over the world.
Or play all sorts of demented games with them.

Anyways ...in comics, the only reason Mxy is not seen as an OMNI-VERSAL THREAT (note: omniverse) is because he is a nice chap who is more mischieveous than he is lethal. He doesn't want to hurt anyone ...just to have a couple of laughs, and then get everything back together.

If he woke up serious and angry, he could do things that would make the Phoenix force go back to kiddy-school!

I like the way the Writers explored that concept in the World's greatest, where Mxy and Bat-mite basically ran amok playing with realities (including the 'real world' ) and at the end destroy everything (everything ...as in, every single reality) ....before bringing it all back together and heading away.

And they were basically only 'play' fighting.

1% of such power ....before I mentioned 1% of 100 billion is one billion.

Well, this would be like 1% of several thousand quadrillion!

Lord Feron
Originally posted by spetznaz
As for the main thread itself:

Even with a smaller fraction than 1% of Mxy's power, one could become akin to a god on Earth.

The level of reality manipulation and other high-tier abilities, even at 1% of his power, would make the user one of the stronger characters in comics ....let alone what it would make one in the real world.

It is like wealth ....having just 1% of US$ 100 billion basically makes you worth 1 billion US Dollars, which would make you among the richest people in the world!

Same thing with Mxy ...1% of his power would still make a person more than powerful enough to take on the entire JLA.

Translate that to the real world, and you would be a deity.

Easily.

Turn the Himalayas into cheese, and the Atlantic into Soda-pop, and the world will simply realize that you can pull off some major bad-mojo on them.
Afterwards, turn all their weapons (ranging from thermonuclear missiles to cheap Chinese revolvers) into taffy-candy, and you made them realize they are pawns.
Finally, turn all men into women, and all women into men, and after that they will start to worship you once they realize you are operating at a level beyond thought or imagination.

At 1% of Mxy's power, and with some modicum of intellect and imagination, one could easily take over the world.
Or play all sorts of demented games with them.

Anyways ...in comics, the only reason Mxy is not seen as an OMNI-VERSAL THREAT (note: omniverse) is because he is a nice chap who is more mischieveous than he is lethal. He doesn't want to hurt anyone ...just to have a couple of laughs, and then get everything back together.

If he woke up serious and angry, he could do things that would make the Phoenix force go back to kiddy-school!

I like the way the Writers explored that concept in the World's greatest, where Mxy and Bat-mite basically ran amok playing with realities (including the 'real world' ) and at the end destroy everything (everything ...as in, every single reality) ....before bringing it all back together and heading away.

And they were basically only 'play' fighting.

1% of such power ....before I mentioned 1% of 100 billion is one billion.

Well, this would be like 1% of several thousand quadrillion!

I like your posts but I think your losing it at the end... lol wink

spetznaz
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I like your posts but I think your losing it at the end... lol wink big grin

cmack
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
even if we all get 50000% of mxy's power we wont be able to conquer our earth. chuck norris would just roundhouse kick our assess to hell. mad chuck is abstract level now? i thought he was top tier?

rotiart
Hrmmm... Put inthose terms I think mxy takes our earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.