Orion vs Thanos [h2h]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uxas Khan
No bfr

tdawg14
Thanos owns him everytime

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by tdawg14
Thanos owns him everytime

Yep

D_Dude1210
Spite. Thanos spanks Orion like a naughty 5 year old.

Slaanesh
Thanos

fangirl101
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Spite. Thanos spanks Orion like a naughty 5 year old. yes becuz thanos has a long list of beating true top tiers with strength only. He sure as hell was uber against gamora who made him bleed. And gamora happens to be around the same skill lvl as orion. And she is far weaker ans slower and less durable.

kgkg
Thanos

Enyalus
Originally posted by fangirl101
He sure as hell was uber against gamora who made him bleed. And gamora happens to be around the same skill lvl as orion. And she is far weaker ans slower and less durable.

Did you miss the part about what Gamora said afterwards, her having a lot of trouble finding an opening in his defenses and whatnot? Or him basically being immune to pressure point strikes?

Thanos' durability and strength is too much for Orion here.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Enyalus
Did you miss the part about what Gamora said afterwards, her having a lot of trouble finding an opening in his defenses and whatnot? Or him basically being immune to pressure point strikes?

Thanos' durability and strength is too much for Orion here. And Gamora is any where near as strong and fast as Orion. He wouldn't have the same problems that Gamora had.

Enyalus
And Gamora is any where near as strong and fast as Orion. He wouldn't have the same problems that Gamora had.

Orion fights like an assinine berserker most of the time. Thanos would pick him apart if this is in character.

Naija boy
Thanos

fangirl101
Orion fights like an assinine berserker most of the time. Thanos would pick him apart if this is in character. Um no. How many Orion Comics do you own? Orioni n hand to hand is Very impressive. He thinks and uses all the tricks. I have him sparring with a character much like Gamor. He's also hand to hand with DS. And With Mister Miracle at Superspeeds.

Enyalus
Um no. How many Orion Comics do you own? Orioni n hand to hand is Very impressive. He thinks and uses all the tricks. I have him sparring with a character much like Gamor. He's also hand to hand with DS. And With Mister Miracle at Superspeeds.

No doubt when Orion goes H2H he can be impressive (but I saw two Orion vs. DS fights, and they were not.) But Thanos definitely doesn't look like Karate Kid or Superman (whom he doesn't even use his skills on.) More like Kallibak or Doomsday. Plus Thanos isn't exactly poor in that department...like you already brought up, going toe-to-toe MA-wise with Gamora. And being able to read all of Champion's moves (who has mastered 'countless' martial arts.) Plus Thanos does have hand speed. DC-style handspeed when blasting, and blurring handspeed when striking.

fangirl101
No doubt when Orion goes H2H he can be impressive (but I saw two Orion vs. DS fights, and they were not.) But Thanos definitely doesn't look like Karate Kid or Superman (whom he doesn't even use his skills on.) More like Kallibak or Doomsday. Plus Thanos isn't exactly poor in that department...like you already brought up, going toe-to-toe MA-wise with Gamora. And being able to read all of Champion's moves (who has mastered 'countless' martial arts.) Plus Thanos does have hand speed. DC-style handspeed when blasting, and blurring handspeed when striking. What/ Orion is impressive when fighting DS. He was using agility, speed, multiple striking etc. I agree Thanos wins. But not becuz he's that much stronger. I see no evidence that he's that much stronger than any top tier without energy amps. He's just so much more durable.

Enyalus
What/ Orion is impressive when fighting DS. He was using agility, speed, multiple striking etc. I agree Thanos wins. But not becuz he's that much stronger. I see no evidence that he's that much stronger than any top tier without energy amps. He's just so much more durable.

Did you have a particular fight in mind? I was thinking of the DOTNG one, and then...somewhere in New Gods v3 I think.

While I don't mind you thinking he's not 'that much stronger' - I do think he's stronger. And like you said, more durable.

KuRuPT Thanosi
yes becuz thanos has a long list of beating true top tiers with strength only. He sure as hell was uber against gamora who made him bleed. And gamora happens to be around the same skill lvl as orion. And she is far weaker ans slower and less durable.

So, Fangirl you really believe Orion wins the majority or how does it break down in your mind..? Is it Thanos 6/10 is it 10/10 Orion or Thanos.. what? I don't think it's spite but Thanos certainly wins the vast majority imo. He has the strength and Durability advantage that Orion wouldn't be able to overcome going blow for blow with Thanos.

D_Dude1210
Did you have a particular fight in mind? I was thinking of the DOTNG one, and then...somewhere in New Gods v3 I think.

While I don't mind you thinking he's not 'that much stronger' - I do think he's stronger. And like you said, more durable.

Thanos fought a crazed Thor amped by the Power gem H2H. The fact that he held his own H2H against an amped Thor for several panels kinda shows that he can actually do pretty well for himself.

I still think this is an extremely one-sided match. Though, I will admit a bit of hyperbole on my part on the "spank like a 5 year old" part.

h1a8
I don't know if Thanos can indeed hurt Orion sufficiently in pure h2h.
Prehaps he can since Orion may not have anywhere near the durability as Superman does.

I still believe PG WM Thor still has the same durability as regular Thor does. The whole arc didn't make me think that Thor had greater durability than he normally has.

Also Orion could be more than 1000 times stronger than Thanos.
And yes I know who Thanos is and what he has done. He's still haven't shown me he's uber strong (at least lunartary).

Naija boy
facepalm

fangirl101
Thanos was able to stand up to thor due to his durabily. Which is not linked with his strength. Too many link the two.

Naija boy
Thanos was able to stand up to thor due to his durabily. Which is not linked with his strength. Too many link the two.
He was able to rock WMthor with the PG with his blows, so yes his strength did have something to do with it.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
He was able to rock WMthor with the PG with his blows, so yes his strength did have something to do with it.

But even regular class 100s can affect Thor greatly with their punches.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by h1a8
Prehaps he can since Orion may not have anywhere near the durability as Superman does.

I still believe PG WM Thor still has the same durability as regular Thor does. The whole arc didn't make me think that Thor had greater durability than he normally has.

And yes I know who Thanos is and what he has done. He's still haven't shown me he's uber strong (at least lunartary).

Did he just say WM PG Thor has the same durability as regular thor? Please stop posting and find another chat board.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

What class 100's have rocked a WM PG Thor besides Thanos? He was destroying the watch with ease and they couldn't affect him at all. Only Thanos was able to take to Thor and was going h2h doing so. That is a clear indication of strength on Thanos part as well as durability.

Kris Blaze
Who in the watch hit Thor?

D_Dude1210
So punching down Thor into the ground is due to Thanos having thick skin? O_o

I like your logic...

D_Dude1210

This is the post I replied to.

D_Dude1210

OMG!! Please tell me you're trolling.... What the f**k?

Naija boy

True but considering it was WM with PG he was definitely more durable than regular thor.

Nihilist
Thanos ftw

He shown he can hurt with punches thor w/pg,champion w/pg, almost kill the silver surfer,put a beating on his doppleganger(who was more powerfull than him.

and he has show instances that he is capable of reacting to orions speed.
1.reacting to fallen one's attempt to rush him via flying at him,and fallen one fly's at around light speed or greater.
2.reacted to jack of hearts trying to rush him.
3.reacting to ganymede's attempeted rush/blitz,and she has show to blitz surfer and get the jump on tyrant on iirc 2 occasions.
4.stopped marvell trying to speed off from him.

imo thanos doesnt have to show speed at h2h,he just has to show he can react to the attempt of blitzing/rush.and every time he has reacted/blocked any speedblitz/rush his action incapacitate/stall them long enough for thanos to counter strike

h1a8
Thanos could possibly win here.

But someone has prove to me both that the PG can increase one's durability and that Thor was tapping even of enough of it to even double his durability. Because the writer made no mention of this. It is impossible to even feel that Thor's durability was increased in that arc. Thus it didn't happen.

Personally, I don't even think Thanos' strength surpasses 10,000 tons. The WM Thor arc isn't enough for me.

Nihilist

But someone has prove to me both that the PG can increase one's durability and that Thor was tapping even of enough of it to even double his durability. Because the writer made no mention of this. It is impossible to even feel that Thor's durability was increased in that arc. Thus it didn't happen.

Personally, I don't even think Thanos' strength surpasses 10,000 tons. The WM Thor arc isn't enough for me. il post relavant scans about thor w/pg or any pg weilders durabilty shortly.

strength isnt all about lifting,thanos has shown he can puch as strong or not stronger than most in marvel.

it's like comparing a weightlifter strength against a boxer strength,lifting wise a bdybuilder wins but punching power wise the boxer wins hands down.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
True but considering it was WM with PG he was definitely more durable than regular thor.

Power Gem was the only thing that amplified his durability. Bill was able to knock him out once, before almost dying.

beast1234
yes becuz thanos has a long list of beating true top tiers with strength only. He sure as hell was uber against gamora who made him bleed. And gamora happens to be around the same skill lvl as orion. And she is far weaker ans slower and less durable.

Orion is a more skilled fighter then Gamora

Orion#5
New gods#2 vol.2
New Gods#8 vol.2
Jack Kirby 4th world 5#

Enyalus

He one-shotted Drax w/ Power Gem, and two-shot him prior to that. He also one or two shot Maxam (class 100) afterwards. That was WM Thor without the PG amping him.

Originally posted by beast1234
Orion is a more skilled fighter then Gamora

Orion#5
New gods#2 vol.2
New Gods#8 vol.2
Jack Kirby 4th world 5#

Thanks for the references. thumb up I'm going to try to check these out when I can (I have a feeling I've read Orion #5 a while ago).

Naija boy
Power Gem was the only thing that amplified his durability. Bill was able to knock him out once, before almost dying.

True i remeber that but still he fought thanos while he had the Power Gem so his durability was indeed amplified.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why are we still talking about his durability? Clearly it was greatly amplified with the power gem. Clearly Thanos even with that was able to compete with Thor and smack him around a bit.

D_Dude1210
Thanos held his own against Odin. Apparently, some people here think that Orion is near Odin-level. Or that Orion >>>> Silver Sufer (surfer got pimp slapped in every encounter against Thanos).

I dunno.

cmack
thanos wins handily

kgkg

But someone has prove to me both that the PG can increase one's durability and that Thor was tapping even of enough of it to even double his durability. Because the writer made no mention of this. It is impossible to even feel that Thor's durability was increased in that arc. Thus it didn't happen. What the f**k? WM Thor<PG> survived attacks from Silver Surfer , BRB , Strange , Adam all who can or have destroyed planets

how is that for durability?

quanchi112
Thanos.easily.

beast1234
i can thanos winning this fight but it not going to be easy

Lord Feron
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos.easily.
Acctually easier than that!

The Nuul
Thanos will little to no issues at all.

Kris Blaze
I dare ANYONE to bring me a scan where Thanos does something impressive without amplifying his own punches.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Thanos will little to no issues at all.

That's a laugh.

Even when near death, Odin knocked Durok out cold with a single punch.

Nihilist
I dare ANYONE to bring me a scan where Thanos does something impressive without amplifying his own punches.

That's a laugh.

Even when near death, Odin knocked Durok out cold with a single punch. he didnt amp any of his pinches against thor/champion who had the power gem.

KuRuPT Thanosi

That's a laugh.

I made a post about this already. Why isn't amping his punches allowed? Furthermore, he didn't amp his punches against thor or champion or mar-vell for example

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
he didnt amp any of his pinches against thor/champion who had the power gem.

You need to reread the fight against Champion, as Thanos CLEARLY amplifies his punches.

Also, two of his punches against Thor have energy orbs around them. That means he's amplifying.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You need to reread the fight against Champion, as Thanos CLEARLY amplifies his punches.

Also, two of his punches against Thor have energy orbs around them. That means he's amplifying.

Not all of his punches did is the point and you asked for examples. When he's pimp slapped people before there was no amp.

Nihilist

Also, two of his punches against Thor have energy orbs around them. That means he's amplifying. he hit champ with 3 blows 2unamped, 1 amped

he did'nt hit thor with any amped punches,the patterns were showing how quick his punches were and the impact of them.

Kris Blaze
he hit champ with 3 blows 2unamped, 1 amped

he did'nt hit thor with any amped punches,the patterns were showing how quick his punches were and the impact of them.

k - that's amazing.

Odin wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
k - that's amazing.

Odin wins.

This is ORION not ODIN. Arguing against somebody when you don't even have straight who he's fighting is funny.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
This is ORION not ODIN

Oh silly me : D

Then Thanos most likely.

Nihilist
Oh silly me : D

Then Thanos most likely. so all this time you thought i was saying thanos would beat odin h2h.lulz

Kris Blaze
so all this time you thought i was saying thanos would beat odin h2h.lulz

Now you see what Thorfanboyism does your head and eyes.

And people call me DC biased!

KuRuPT Thanosi
Actually Thanos would have a very good chance of beating Odin only h2h. Odin I think wins because of his energy projection power not because of his h2h skills

Enyalus
I thinks this:

Is a superior feat to six-shotting Surfer.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I thinks this:

Is a superior feat to six-shotting Surfer.

and I agree as well. My only point is that if they battled h2h only I would like thanos chances much better they if they were both using all their powers.

Enyalus
and I agree as well. My only point is that if they battled h2h only I would like thanos chances much better they if they were both using all their powers.

Meh, in their battle before, Thanos attempted to go H2H at one point and Odin swatted him backwards. I see Odin taking that battle purely H2H.

h1a8
Not all of his punches did is the point and you asked for examples. When he's pimp slapped people before there was no amp.

Someone with only 10ton strength can pimp slap Hulk (who weighs half a ton) very far away.

fangirl101
Someone with only 10ton strength can pimp slap Hulk (who weighs half a ton) very far away. Not if he's braced.

Enyalus
Someone with only 10ton strength can pimp slap Hulk (who weighs half a ton) very far away.

And someone who might not even be class 100 strengthwise can punch Superman from Metropolis to Ohio.

Major Force

So?

h1a8
I think Orion takes this for the majority.
I just don't think Thanos is strong enough.

Harbinger
Orion gets his licks in, but Thanos has absolutely insane damage soak; plus, he's not exactly a slouch H2H. I'd give the edge to him against Orion.

h1a8
And someone who might not even be class 100 strengthwise can punch Superman from Metropolis to Ohio.

Major Force

So?
False to your first statement. One would need far more force than 100tons to achieve something like that.

Someone implied that Thanos pimpslaping someone without amping shows that he is capable of fighting beings on Orion's physical level.
I disagree. Pimpslaping proves nothing.

Enyalus
False to your first statement. One would need far more force than 100tons to achieve something like that.

Oh? And why is that? Superman weighs less than half a ton, afterall.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos every time.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos every time.

yeah the fact that people think orion has any chance is pathetic. I mean seriously didn't thanos train mantis how to fight and isn't she like an uber class Marshal artist. need more proff look at the fight with champion no matter how old you think Orion is champion is older and a universal class fighter. Thanos owned him.

h1a8
Not if he's braced.

Bracing won't make your feet glue to the ground. A slightly upward pimp slap should do the trick.
Only those who can fly or stick to the ground (Spidey) can truly brace.

jasofisc
Bracing won't make your feet glue to the ground. A slightly upward pimp slap should do the trick.
Only those who can fly or stick to the ground (Spidey) can truly brace.

not in comics, in jla "the tornado's path" Grundy stayed on the ground by bracing himself when red tornado was using an f-5 on him.

h1a8
Oh? And why is that? Superman weighs less than half a ton, afterall.
It takes 100tons of force to launch an 1/2lb. baseball 757 miles away (no air resistance). The distance from Metropolis to Ohio is just to great for someone under 100tons to launch a 230lb person that far.

Enyalus
It takes 100tons of force to launch an 1/2lb. baseball 757 miles away (no air resistance). The distance from Metropolis to Ohio is just to great for someone under 100tons to launch a 230lb person that far.

laughing out loud I have to hand it to you, that was an unexpected response.

h1a8
Originally posted by jasofisc
not in comics, in jla "the tornado's path" Grundy stayed on the ground by bracing himself when red tornado was using an f-5 on him.

Some comics are different. Some take this into consideration and some don't. I've seen weaker beings launch much stronger beings very easily. Now if the attack is purely horizontal then I guess one can use frictional forces of the ground to brace. But if the attack is slightly upward then the only thing that would keep someone from being launched is them holding on to the ground with their feet (Spidey), being able to fly, or some other magical/scientific means.

jasofisc
Some comics are different. Some take this into consideration and some don't. I've seen weaker beings launch much stronger beings very easily. Now if the attack is purely horizontal then I guess one can use frictional forces of the ground to brace. But if the attack is slightly upward then the only thing that would keep someone from being launched is them holding on to the ground with their feet (Spidey), being able to fly, or some other magical/scientific means.

I totally agree with your logic it's just that when it comes to comics it doesn't apply it should but most of the time it does not.

in the case of grundy and red tornado grundy was being pulled at from all kinds of directions both horizontal and vertical since he was in the full both of a tornado. Most of the time if a brick stands there ground it takes someone stronger then they are to move them. most of the time anyway.

back to topic several several times thanos has knocked upper tier characters senseless with just a swat without amping. Take for instance the Hulk incident. Normally if the hit didn't really affect the hulk he would be right back as fast as he can to deal out some damage of his own. this was not the case in that accordance. And really if thanos gets his powers at all in this fight he should be allowed to use amp anyway. That like making a hulk vs orion Hand to hand thread and saying that hulk can't use his anger to amp his punches and strength. it's a part of his hand to hand fighting power set. so anyway orion goes down but not easily.

cloud102
Orion all day. Orion grows and amps his strength for the win. No challenge at all.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Orion all day. Orion grows and amps his strength for the win. No challenge at all.
Say wha?

Nihilist
Originally posted by cloud102
Orion all day. Orion grows and amps his strength for the win. No challenge at all. this is the biggest joke ever.

h1a8
Originally posted by jasofisc
I totally agree with your logic it's just that when it comes to comics it doesn't apply it should but most of the time it does not.

in the case of grundy and red tornado grundy was being pulled at from all kinds of directions both horizontal and vertical since he was in the full both of a tornado. Most of the time if a brick stands there ground it takes someone stronger then they are to move them. most of the time anyway. But many comics do show the truth of what I say. For example, Spider-man has many times knocked around a much stronger opponent with ease. Some comics do and some don't.
Who of significance has Thanos knocked senseless with a mere swat? You know what senseless means right? Not true. Hulk is not that fast. Spiderman can easily knock Hulk into a wall. It would take Hulk several moments to get back. Pimp smacking Hulk only proves that Thanos has super strength. It doesn't prove that he has class 100 strength though (even though I believe he has). I don't even think that Thanos is 100,000 tons strong. There is simply no proof to even put him in Orion's league in physical strength. I totally disagree that the power gem increases durabillity.

Nihilist
But many comics do show the truth of what I say. For example, Spider-man has many times knocked around a much stronger opponent with ease. Some comics do and some don't.
Who of significance has Thanos knocked senseless with a mere swat? You know what senseless means right? Not true. Hulk is not that fast. Spiderman can easily knock Hulk into a wall. It would take Hulk several moments to get back. Pimp smacking Hulk only proves that Thanos has super strength. It doesn't prove that he has class 100 strength though (even though I believe he has). I don't even think that Thanos is 100,000 tons strong. There is simply no proof to even put him in Orion's league in physical strength. I totally disagree that the power gem increases durabillity. Just facepalm

D_Dude1210
Just facepalm

I'll have to agree... facepalm

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos 10/10

kevdude
Thanos as well, Orion would need some power up of some sort.

skyfather
Thanos destroy's orion, he'd be lucky to get any hit's in.

quanchi112

That's a laugh.

Even when near death, Odin knocked Durok out cold with a single punch. And?

Enyalus
I don't even think that Thanos is 100,000 tons strong. There is simply no proof to even put him in Orion's league in physical strength. I totally disagree that the power gem increases durabillity.

The force of Thanos and Drax grappling caused the planet they were fighting on to implode. After which Drax was KO'd and Thanos was perfectly fine. That'd indicate that Thanos's strength had to be at least half responsible for such power. What can your calculations tell me about that? How much strength would it take for a planet to explode without even striking it?

KuRuPT Thanosi
The force of Thanos and Drax grappling caused the planet they were fighting on to implode. After which Drax was KO'd and Thanos was perfectly fine. That'd indicate that Thanos's strength had to be at least half responsible for such power. What can your calculations tell me about that? How much strength would it take for a planet to explode without even striking it?

Thank you for quoting him friend. I laughed my ass off the first time I read that and thanks to you quoting it, I did so again for all the office to hear lol.

Enyalus
Thank you for quoting him friend. I laughed my ass off the first time I read that and thanks to you quoting it, I did so again for all the office to hear lol.

My pleasure. stick out tongue

h1a8

I would like to see this scan of what you are talking about.
Also tell me issue numbers too.

Mekrob
Also tell me issue numbers too. Thanos's first appearance iirc...

Enyalus
Also tell me issue numbers too.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_str1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_str2.jpg

Happens in Iron Man 55, IIRC.

quanchi112
Also tell me issue numbers too. Thanos was also much weaker at the time of this feat. Why do you always argue against characters you know next to nothing about.

h1a8
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_str1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_str2.jpg

Happens in Iron Man 55, IIRC.

Seems like the energy flowing from the two caused it.
Not pure physical strength though. Also significantly disrupting the ebbs and tides of a planet will cause it to be destroyed. This is like pulling on the trigger of a gun with a small amount of force yet the bullet does a much larger amount of force.

h1a8
Thanos was also much weaker at the time of this feat. Why do you always argue against characters you know next to nothing about.

Why do you say this when I actually asking for information and not arguing?

Next time save this comment for when I'm indeed arguing.

Lastly, I know more than what you think about Thanos. That is why I am bold enough to say that there is no proof that Thanos is even 100,000 ton strong (pure strength).

Enyalus
Seems like the energy flowing from the two caused it.
Not pure physical strength though.

That's artist depiction. They're clearly grappling hand-to-hand, and the force from it caused the planet to bust. So, how much strength would that take? Then cut it in half, and you have a bare minimum of what original Thanos can lift. And Thanos has had multiple upgrades since.

Nihilist
seem's to me that h1a8 only think's a character's strong if they lift somethingjr_erm02

Rage.Of.Olympus
But many comics do show the truth of what I say. For example, Spider-man has many times knocked around a much stronger opponent with ease. Some comics do and some don't. Who of significance has Thanos knocked senseless with a mere swat? You know what senseless means right? Not true. Hulk is not that fast. Spiderman can easily knock Hulk into a wall. It would take Hulk several moments to get back. Pimp smacking Hulk only proves that Thanos has super strength. It doesn't prove that he has class 100 strength though (even though I believe he has). I don't even think that Thanos is 100,000 tons strong. There is simply no proof to even put him in Orion's league in physical strength. I totally disagree that the power gem increases durabillity.

over

KuRuPT Thanosi
seem's to me that h1a8 only think's a character's strong if they lift somethingjr_erm02

Exactly, yet Villians often times never have any lifting feats like a superman, thor & hulk. Yet he thinks that is the only way to determine strength

Nihilist
over Sweet sig.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sweet sig.

Thanks. Courtesy of Starlock.

Nihilist
Thanks. Courtesy of Starlock. did mine too.

quanchi112
Why do you say this when I actually asking for information and not arguing?

Next time save this comment for when I'm indeed arguing.

Lastly, I know more than what you think about Thanos. That is why I am bold enough to say that there is no proof that Thanos is even 100,000 ton strong (pure strength). You are doubting Thanos' strength when he has stood toe to toe with Thor with the power gem whose strength was increasing with each passing moment. He also easily mocked professor Hulk's strength while he slammed his and the Thing's head together. I mean come on it is obvious you don't have a clue about Thanos and desperately want to make a case for Orion.

h1a8
seem's to me that h1a8 only think's a character's strong if they lift somethingjr_erm02 Hitting someone a very far distance through an atmosphere proves strength, wrestling with someone of strength proves strength, or doing anything physical that causes mass to be accelerated largely or prevents it from being accelerated largely proves strength.

quanchi112
Hitting someone a very far distance through an atmosphere proves strength, wrestling with someone of strength proves strength, or doing anything physical that causes mass to be accelerated largely or prevents it from being accelerated largely proves strength. I have given two examples of Thanos' strength.

h1a8
You are doubting Thanos' strength when he has stood toe to toe with Thor with the power gem whose strength was increasing with each passing moment. He also easily mocked professor Hulk's strength while he slammed his and the Thing's head together. I mean come on it is obvious you don't have a clue about Thanos and desperately want to make a case for Orion.
Are you crazy? Spiderman can slam Thing's head with Hulk's due to his speed and 15ton strength. Standing toe to toe with someone strong doesn't prove you are as strong. CA has stood toe to toe with the Hulk and many other very strong foes. What I want is to see an undeniable feat that doesn't need any speculating showing that Thanos is of uber strength (and not just of uber durability).

quanchi112
Are you crazy? Spiderman can slam Thing's head with Hulk's due to his speed and 15ton strength. Standing toe to toe with someone strong doesn't prove you are as strong. CA has stood toe to toe with the Hulk and many other very strong foes. What I want is to see an undeniable feat that doesn't need any speculating showing that Thanos is of uber strength (and not just of uber durability). Thanos easily overpowered the both of them. He doesn't have the speed advantage. So, talking about spiderman really shows you cannot even counter my post. Instead you bring up nonsense and try to change the subject.

h1a8
Thanos easily overpowered the both of them. He doesn't have the speed advantage. So, talking about spiderman really shows you cannot even counter my post. Instead you bring up nonsense and try to change the subject.

You mean he over agiled the both of them?

quanchi112
You mean he over agiled the both of them? Do you even know what happened?

h1a8
Do you even know what happened?

I had to see the scans to say what I said. This is logic 101.
And overpowering Thing is nothing of significance.

quanchi112
I had to see the scans to say what I said. This is logic 101.
And overpowering Thing is nothing of significance. Then tell me what happened. Again, Thing is still very strong and if it was just the Thing I wouldn't make a big deal about it. The thing is though it was the Thing and Hulk. He easily overpowered them both. How doesn't that prove that his strength is off the charts?

h1a8
Then tell me what happened. Again, Thing is still very strong and if it was just the Thing I wouldn't make a big deal about it. The thing is though it was the Thing and Hulk. He easily overpowered them both. How doesn't that prove that his strength is off the charts?

What are you talking about? There was absolutely no form of overpowering against the Hulk shown. Thanos used his agility and smoothness (not strength) to make them both look ridiculous.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What are you talking about? There was absolutely no form of overpowering against the Hulk shown. Thanos used his agility and smoothness (not strength) to make them both look ridiculous.

OMG please stop posting. His smoothness lol

quanchi112
What are you talking about? There was absolutely no form of overpowering against the Hulk shown. Thanos used his agility and smoothness (not strength) to make them both look ridiculous. This proves you didn't read it. He overpowered them and showed no signs of agility or smoothness.

What comic did this take place in?

h1a8
This proves you didn't read it. He overpowered them and showed no signs of agility or smoothness.

What comic did this take place in?

I know what you are talking about now. I apologize. You are right. You are talking about when Thanos tried to bump their heads together. I got that confused with the other scene (was it Thor and Thing? or still Hulk and Thing). Anyway I was referring to the scene where Thanos used his speed and agility to make them look silly.

With that said, yes that proves Thanos is a least class 100.
Now I don't respect Professor Hulk in strength that much. And I think it is easy to bump two people's heads together even if they are resisting you and much stronger than you. You are using arm and chest muscles against their weaker neck muscles. I can bump two of the worlds strongest men heads together against their will and I only can lift around 150lbs over my head (maybe a little more).

quanchi112
I know what you are talking about now. I apologize. You are right. You are talking about when Thanos tried to bump their heads together. I got that confused with the other scene (was it Thor and Thing? or still Hulk and Thing). Anyway I was referring to the scene where Thanos used his speed and agility to make them look silly.

With that said, yes that proves Thanos is a least class 100.
Now I don't respect Professor Hulk in strength that much. And I think it is easy to bump two people's heads together even if they are resisting you and much stronger than you. You are using arm and chest muscles against their weaker neck muscles. I can bump two of the worlds strongest men heads together against their will and I only can lift around 150lbs over my head (maybe a little more). No, that is well beyond it. If you can easily mock two insanely strong characters while forcing their heads into each other how are you not stronger? You don't make any sense whatsoever.

beast1234
Thanos 8/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by beast1234
Thanos 8/10 How does he lose a single matchup?

h1a8
No, that is well beyond it. If you can easily mock two insanely strong characters while forcing their heads into each other how are you not stronger? You don't make any sense whatsoever.

You are stronger than their neck muscles but not necessarily stronger than their arm muscles. I can lift more with my left arm then with my neck. Do you think you can bump two stronger people heads together while mocking them? If you say no then find two stronger men and find out. Don't bump their heads though. Just push them slowly together while they resist just to test whether you can.

h1a8
How does he lose a single matchup?

Because he hasn't proven to be anywhere in Orions league in strength.

I give strength to those who have proven it and not speculation by beating up on other strong characters.

Mindset
He beat SS to death

Enyalus
facepalm

**** this thread.

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
He beat SS to death

Didn't he use amping fists?

quanchi112
You are stronger than their neck muscles but not necessarily stronger than their arm muscles. I can lift more with my left arm then with my neck. Do you think you can bump two stronger people heads together while mocking them? If you say no then find two stronger men and find out. Don't bump their heads though. Just push them slowly together while they resist just to test whether you can. Dude. I cannot believe you are continuing with this nonsense.Originally posted by h1a8
Because he hasn't proven to be anywhere in Orions league in strength.

I give strength to those who have proven it and not speculation by beating up on other strong characters. What has Orion done to prove his strength level?

I mean if he overpowers strong characters you act like that doesn't count. Do you realize lifting feats don't determine strength alone.

quanchi112
Didn't he use amping fists? Did you read it? If you kno wso little about Thanos why do you continue to argue against him.

h1a8
Did you read it? If you kno wso little about Thanos why do you continue to argue against him.

Because I use to have his marvel card many years ago. It said he was 90tons strength. I know he had upgrades and all but this is still in my head. Also although non-canon, bone claw wolverine was able to cut him which made me think he is made out of a dense rubberlike pillowy substance that absorbs energy. He was also defeated by Squirrel girl and taking to jail in handcuffs.

Superman has never ever been subjected to anything like this. Thus this is the reason I can't put Thanos even in their league. I will forever think he is just a plain top tier in strength and not fully uber until he fully proves to be. Overpowering a confident Gladiator, WWH, Sentry, etc. would do the trick for me though. Thanos is tough because of a healing factor, being able to absorb energy and blasts, being smart and cunning, having awesome tech, and being very agile and skilled.

Mindset
Darkseid was robbed by thugshttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6765/322507497acbded9ff7olj0.jpg

Nihilist
Because I use to have his marvel card many years ago. It said he was 90tons strength. I know he had upgrades and all but this is still in my head. Also although non-canon, bone claw wolverine was able to cut him which made me think he is made out of a dense rubberlike pillowy substance that absorbs energy. He was also defeated by Squirrel girl and taking to jail in handcuffs.

Superman has never ever been subjected to anything like this. Thus this is the reason I can't put Thanos even in their league. I will forever think he is just a plain top tier in strength and not fully uber until he fully proves to be. Overpowering a confident Gladiator, WWH, Sentry, etc. would do the trick for me though. Thanos is tough because of a healing factor, being able to absorb energy and blasts, being smart and cunning, having awesome tech, and being very agile and skilled. lulzsquirrel girl and being arrested.

A clone and non cannon storythumb down

h1a8
Originally posted by Mindset
Darkseid was robbed by thugshttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6765/322507497acbded9ff7olj0.jpg eek! laughing wtf?

Enyalus
Also....Bone Claw Wolverine's made Mephisto bleed...twice. In a canon-crossover. lol, that's never a low feat, even if non-canon.

h1a8
lulzsquirrel girl and being arrested.

A clone and non cannon storythumb down

His clones must be pretty weak then.
Why is it non cannon?

Enyalus
Why is it non cannon?

One of his clones was physically overpowered by Ka-Zar...a peak human character. So yes. Each clone model-type varies in power. The earlier ones were totally inferior.

Nihilist
Why is it non cannon? you're answer's prove you know nothing about what you are saying.

Kris Blaze
Soooo, those "skill" feats of Orion.

Can I see any?

quanchi112

Superman has never ever been subjected to anything like this. Thus this is the reason I can't put Thanos even in their league. I will forever think he is just a plain top tier in strength and not fully uber until he fully proves to be. Overpowering a confident Gladiator, WWH, Sentry, etc. would do the trick for me though. Thanos is tough because of a healing factor, being able to absorb energy and blasts, being smart and cunning, having awesome tech, and being very agile and skilled. Just as I thought. You have no clue of anything with regards to Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.