Lost Planet 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
bd0dGi2d5Dk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd0dGi2d5Dk

Neo Darkhalen
I'll be honest that top secret vid let me down when I watched it, but still Lost Planet 2 is going to be pretty damn awesome.

Zack Fair
The same thing happened to me.

I was like...wow what game could they possibly be talking about...getting all hyped up and then BANG!

Damn marketing uhuh

Anyways its nice.

Kazenji
I still have'nt played the first one but i am planning on getting it.

k1Lla441
first one is awwight, kinda slow paced, best part is when you get to ride those gundam like machines.

Nemesis X
That giant monster is awesome.

Is there a release date or did Capcom not give a release to a recently announced game as always?

Nemesis X
Capcom said that Lost Planet 2 is going to be an Xbox 360 exclusive. Expect PS3 owners to hurl their controllers at the wall and cry in their beds.

k1Lla441
lost planet 1 wasnt nearly that good, and playing it again made me rethink that, it wasnt that great of a game at all. Way too slowpaced, too boring.

Smasandian
Lost Planet wowed me with the its E3 demo.

But the game, wasn't nearly as good. Seemed to me as a great little tech demo, but a full feature game, it wasnt up to snuff.

And it was annoyingly hard for me. Annoyed the shit out of me.

jinXed by JaNx
I would have enjoyed Lost Planet if it weren't for the goofy characters and dialogue. Even though the gameplay was redundant it was fun enough and the Boss battles were interesting. I didn't even finish though because of the dialogue and characters.

Smasandian
Yeah, that was also pretty bad.

Ms.Marvel
downloaded the demo...

i actually had fun. smile

this is definitely a co-op game. the graphics are beautiful and the 4 player co-op reminds me of a mechanized monster hunter. very entertaining.

SaTsuJiN
I enjoyed the demo very much also.. I'm just a little bit baffled at some of the weapon choices.. like what good is a standard shotgun going to do for you in a battle vs a 300 foot long monster?.. I'd also like being able to perform more actions off of a grapple

I did notice that each "costume" has different melee... the one dude did some crazy ass slash combo, while another did a simple bunt.. not sure why this is.. it would make player vs player kinda hellish if it was implimented

the boss battle itself was completely entertaining though.. I'd definitely like to know more about how the story is unfolded to the player.. is it just .. boss battle 1 , warp right into boss battle 2... (which I think would be lame) or would it be more of a standard affair of fighting through enemies until you reach a boss encounter?... definitely checking this one out as it develops

Ms.Marvel
have you played LP1?

Father Rahl
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I'll be honest that top secret vid let me down when I watched it, but still Lost Planet 2 is going to be pretty damn awesome.

Same here. The first game was OK, but, I may hold out untill I hear how people liked this one.

Neo Darkhalen
http://www.destructoid.com/pre-order-lost-planet-2-get-resident-evil-s-wesker-155371.phtml

no expression

Ms.Marvel
lmfao.

SaTsuJiN
lol.. I suppose thats better than "pre order now and get a baseball bat~" for L4D2..

and I havent played Lp1..only the demo.. the kind of time-attack of having to keep your heat system replenished made it a lil bit annoying

Nemesis X
http://kotaku.com/5406691/you-got-albert-wesker-in-my-lost-planet-2/gallery/

Looks like we'll be having someone new in the Lost Planet-verse. I'll give you a hint, who plans to have the world in complete, global, saturation?

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Nemesis X
http://kotaku.com/5406691/you-got-albert-wesker-in-my-lost-planet-2/gallery/

Looks like we'll be having someone new in the Lost Planet-verse. I'll give you a hint,

stick out tongue

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
stick out tongue

Mother Wesker! Oh well. At least everybody already knows I guess sad

Zack Fair
Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago somehow made it to Lost Planet 2.

UX1PBajGrI4

Kazenji
This is why

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
This is why

lol

That's awesome

I played the first game all the way through. I didn't like the big ol' slug boss battle as that took like 20 tries before I beat it...but it was an okay game.

Kazenji
Found out theres also a third character.........Albert Wesker will be in it.

Ridley_Prime
Still need to decide on whether I should pre-order it for him or not. mmm Probably shouldn't let these exclusive characters cloud my judgment on the game, especially when the first Lost Planet wasn't even that good.

Kazenji
From what i've played of the first game it seemed to be good.

jinXed by JaNx
The demo is just incredibly fun and awe inspiring. If the entire game is like the demo i think it could be one of the best games of 2010 or at least the best co-op multiplayer.

Kazenji
That big creature in the demo i can't seem to finish it off, I know what to do shoot the glowing bits like the first game but yeah i can't seem to finish the bastard off.

Nemesis X
Lost Planet 2 is having Albert Wesker, Marcus Fenix, Dominic Santiago, Frank West, and some character from Monster Hunter. How many more characters is Capcom gonna throw at us in this game?

Ms.Marvel
http://kotaku.com/5519710/lost-planet-2-chillin-on-a-street-corner

lol

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
http://kotaku.com/5519710/lost-planet-2-chillin-on-a-street-corner

lol

Videogames sure are being promoted in strange ways these days.

No End N Site
They're doin' this shit kinda close to where I live and 1 block from where I work...Hehhehhehhehheh...I'm gonna phuck up anyone who gets in my way.

Ms.Marvel
this comment was funny

Scythe
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Lost Planet 2 is having Albert Wesker, Marcus Fenix, Dominic Santiago, Frank West, and some character from Monster Hunter. How many more characters is Capcom gonna throw at us in this game?

I'm sorry, WHAT?! I DIDN'T HEAR YOU CUZ OF THE AWESOMENESS, F'KIN, RATTATA!!!

SaTsuJiN
Soo.. the "multiplayer demo" thats out now sucks pretty bad..

as soon as you get tapped with a single bullet.. your character goes into some epileptic seizure and cant do ANYTHING til its over.. including, but probably not limited to : shooting, throwing a damn grenade, or even something stupid and simple like climbing a scaffold....
*climbing, gets shot, waits there* "ow getting shot omg cuz I wouldnt expect this to happen in such a violent place" *finishes getting shot, resumes climing* *rinse repeat til dead.. and you're going to die, dont kid yourself*

the grenades are terrible too.. to start with.. the character sucks at throwing them.. and if somehow you attempt to spike them off the floor at someone.. BOOM omg "you suicided".. and the other person walks away without a scratch even after standing in the same explosion that just insta-gibbed you and blew your corpse across the map

another annoyance is the *drops down* *flinch* *takes 3 seconds to recover from just dropping 10 feet*, or having to stare at your characters corpse for 5 seconds after you die.. being able to select a spawnpoint leads to "lol-spawnkills" as you can wait while 2 people duke it out, n then you spawn and kill them both

all of this.. all of this.. I could probably tolerate.. if the grappling hook wasnt so stupid and limited... you cant grapple that far up.. I'm pretty sure you cant strategically shoot if you're clinging to a wall, as you can if you had just grappled to a ceiling or rappelled.. you cant grapple > zip up > cling > jump up and repeat to get to high places.. you get one shot at that whole cycle and thats as far up as you go

melee attacks are terrible, and aren't worth using.. sure they induce a seizure on your opponent breifly.. but it will take about 7 to 10 of these to actually kill someone, and your strafe stick (left stick) (which would make sense) doesnt aim this melee attack (which would probably turn it from absolute shit into semi-considerable).. but it aims your dash.. redundancy?.. idiocy in controller mapping?.. you be the judge.. on top of this.. add in some good old slow movement speed, and it wraps up this pvp 'experience' (I cant even really call it that.. it was more like cruel and unusual punishment)

on the bright side.. the animations and character models are lovely, and the environments are very immersive

have you guys tried it yet?

Nemesis X
I downloaded a demo of LP2 a couple weeks ago and I must say, it's awesome, especially that boss fight with the giant lizard-like Akrid.

Ms.Marvel
omg ._. this game is garbage, d/l'd the multiplayer demo as well and im so0o0o0o0o disappointed.

the co-op demo was good. but the multiplayer gameplay is terrible. ugh. havent played a game this bad in a long time TBH erm

it does look great though. really pretty

Juk3n
multiplayer is meh, it's all about the co-op for me, especially if you can customize your camapign character, hell yes.

SaTsuJiN
It 'should' be.. but the multiplayer cant be unSEEEN *seizure*

so bad that I think I might revoke my preorder sick

Ms.Marvel
grrrrr this game frustrates me so much.

i really dont understand how it could suck as badly as it does even the first had superior multiplayer

FistOfThe North
man, i like this game alot. played if for 4 hrs. straight earlier today. i reminds me of final fantasy for some reason, a game i'm not a fan of, and the game is so japanese it's not funny. from the animation to the score. the graphics look good but i absolutely need to get this for the pc when it come out, i think, this fall.

9/10 so far. high replay value. control scheme has quite a learning curve though. the training stages are ridiculous. the qualifying times are stupid.

OnlyCoolMovies
I'm sorry but this game is unplayable...

Ms.Marvel
everyone i know and just about every review i have read says that the game blows.

jinXed by JaNx
Nah, the game definitely doesn't blow. If you like co-op games it certainly deserves a play. The multiplayer is ass but playing the campaign in four player co-op can be loads of fun. There are several stages that implement the co-op aspect very well. Instead of feeling like you're just along for the ride and can rely on the other three players to carry you through, there are times when you really feel like you're contributing. This is something many co-op games fail at accomplishing. Usually, co-op games just inject the co-op feature into a single player story.

The only thing that can be annoying is trying to get into a co-op game. If you're joining one that's in progress you have to wait at the lobby while the other players finish the current stage. Although, you can always start your own. I enjoyed the game but did not love it. There isn't much here to encourage me to keep playing after my single play through. This is just me though, some people may enjoy the multiplayer but i thought it was balls.

the reviews are seriously off. The graphics are gorgeous, the level designs are creative and, at times, stunning. The control layout is different than what many people may be used to these days but they take no time to get used to and work very well. IGN gave it an 8.5 and to me, that's the fairest review i've seen

Phanteros
This blows epically. Story is dead, the multiplayer is bland. I wait for dead rising 2.

Warden
9/10...lulz

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Phanteros
This blows epically. Story is dead, the multiplayer is bland. I wait for dead rising 2.

story? eek! laughing out loud laughing No one is going to play this game for the story. People may have played the first game for the story but they were hoodwinked into believing that there was going to be a mature, well balanced story but instead, received a goofball japanese drug trip.

Zack Fair
The story was non-existant in the first game.

LoL

Phanteros
When did I mentioned the first one's horrible story?

SaTsuJiN
even if it does provide a nice co-op experience.. I eventually do like to dabble in pvp.. and the pvp in this game is disgusting

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Nah, the game definitely doesn't blow. If you like co-op games it certainly deserves a play. The multiplayer is ass but playing the campaign in four player co-op can be loads of fun. There are several stages that implement the co-op aspect very well. Instead of feeling like you're just along for the ride and can rely on the other three players to carry you through, there are times when you really feel like you're contributing. This is something many co-op games fail at accomplishing. Usually, co-op games just inject the co-op feature into a single player story.

The only thing that can be annoying is trying to get into a co-op game. If you're joining one that's in progress you have to wait at the lobby while the other players finish the current stage. Although, you can always start your own. I enjoyed the game but did not love it. There isn't much here to encourage me to keep playing after my single play through. This is just me though, some people may enjoy the multiplayer but i thought it was balls.

I heard for the Co-op it can be annoying how life bar is shared by everyone and you have a newbie in the group insant game over and also everyone needs to finish the game to get access to all the levels

Originally posted by Zack Fair
The story was non-existant in the first game.

LoL

Really?

because i seem to remember the whole thing with the humans went to this planet and tried to colonize it before releasing the Akrid was there and then theres NEVEC a group on the planet fighting the snow pirates and the thing with Yuri working with NEVEC working on a project to thraw out the planet to live on

yeah non-existant..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
I heard for the Co-op it can be annoying how life bar is shared by everyone and you have a newbie in the group insant game over and also everyone needs to finish the game to get access to all the levels

Don't know what you heard about a shared health bar but everyone has their own health. Yeah, newbs can hold you back but doesn't that come with any co-op game? Besides, it's really not a problem as long as you find a group with microphones. You can talk people through the motions using manners and patience, but i suppose not many gamers know anything about, respect, manners or patience. Everybody just wants to get their thrill...,Thats why online co-op games don't work well, because people are ass holes not because the games are broken. It's a video game...,i really don't understand why people take shit so seriously on them. I hate it when people call others..,NEWBS what the hell is that? Yeah, so, the person just started playing...,whats' the problem?

Yeah, you can't just simply choose to play if you haven't beat it yet...,but is that a problem? I think it would be a problem if you could. I wouldn't want to play the last level with a group of people who just started playing the game.

Bottom line, man..,this game is actually really pretty good. The PvP is balls but the co-op and campaign is a lot of fun for a third person shooter.

jinXed by JaNx
When did I mentioned the first one's horrible story? [/QUOTE

You didn't, but you mentioned the horrible story line of the second, which, actually isn't all that bad. It's actually told much better than the first story...,that was the point that I made..,NOT you.

Do you know how to have conversations or do you just get confused a lot?

Phanteros
When did I mentioned the first one's horrible story? I was confused on what you said because I thought the answer was directed at me, sorry.

jinXed by JaNx
I was confused on what you said because I thought the answer was directed at me, sorry.

Np...,sorry about the doucheberry

Kazenji

I heard from the two people off a Game review show i watch on tv i guess they got it wrong

Another thing I've seen unless these two have seen it the wrong way, With this second game it still has problems with the grenade throwing ability you can't run and throw it have to stand there and throw like the first one and same deal with the grapple move haven't improved on it when using it on higher ledges so you can Jump and shoot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.