Marvel Earth vs The Death Star and 10 Stardestroyers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
The comics Earth 616 I think could do this easily, but I'm not sure about their movie counterparts. Lets assume that the DS is fully functional of going into hyperdrive,and the Empire has finally reached the Unexplored Regions and beyond. Lets assume they reached...us. Could the combined forces of movie Fantastic 4; Silver Surfer; all of the X Men and Brotherhood; Ghost Rider; Spiderman; Tony Stark; both Hulks; all three Punishers; Daredevil and Elektra take on this overwhelming threat? Vader is aboard the Executor btw.

Robtard
The ones that can't fly or attack into orbit are worthless. But Marvel wins, easy.

Xavier, with a massive mind-****.
Silver Surfer, could probably fly up there and solo
Phoenix, turns them into ash with a thought.

Publius II
Forgot about those three...

edit: But I highly doubt that Xavier could hit thousands or millions of people in space even with Cerebro, and Phoenix took five minutes just to break up Alcatraz. The Death Star would just blow the planet up.

Surfer's a threat, though.

Dr Will Hatch
Did the Dark Phoenix show her full potential in the movie?

Darth Martin
Assuming Reed is able to fly them up there in something. Magneto could probably handle a handful(if that) of Star Destroyers. The Storm Troopers sucked in the films so street levels would handle them. Surfer may be able to do something against the Death Star. Xavier could turn the Storm Troopers commanders against Vader and have them lead lower ranks against the Empire.

Overall I'm sure this in Marvel Earth's realm seeing as how Luke and a couyple dozen fighters destroyed the Death Star. Give the Empire the Emperor to even things out.

Dr Will Hatch
You don't think Vader is enough?

He could mindrape both Hulks and have them turn against everyone.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
You don't think Vader is enough? I don't know. Are EU feats allowed for the Empire b/c quite frankly Storm Troopers from the films are cannon fodder/pushovers? You surely didn't list all of Marvel's movie characters so don't forget that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics

Robtard
Vader can 'mind-rape', now? I think Xavier is the 'mind-rape' master.

Publius II
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Assuming Reed is able to fly them up there in something.And they're getting past ten Star Destroyers and all of their starfighters?

One at a time at best under optimal conditions.

The movie incarnation never demonstrates this level of power and control. Even with Cerebro, the most he does is cause pain, and here he doesn't have Cerebro and there are probably several hundred miles between him and everything else.

Yes, because the Marvel heroes have intimate knowledge of the Death Star's one weakpoint and will be able to fly there - getting past almost a dozen Star Destroyers, legions of starfighters, and the thousands of turrets on the Death Star itself.

The thread starter needs to be waaaay clearer on the starting scenario. Where are the Marvel heroes starting from?

Darth Martin
Well Vader knows the Jedi mind trick but not sure it would work on Hulk. While Hulk is stupid his 616 counterpart is immune to telepathy so I don't know if movie versions have that. If we allow EU feats this should be a little more even.

Robtard
Originally posted by Publius II

The movie incarnation never demonstrates this level of power and control. Even with Cerebro, the most he does is cause pain, and here he doesn't have Cerebro and there are probably several hundred miles between him and everything else.

He froze a mall full of people and cleared their minds of a memory. (non Cerebro)

His powers are more than capable of causing pain, which in fact would have lead to death of every mutant (or human) on the planet, if he had kept going with the task he was tricked into doing, twice over. (with Cerebro)

Edit: Why doesn't he have Cerebro?

Impediment
The Surfer could wipe out the entire fleet alone, methinks.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I don't know. Are EU feats allowed for the Empire b/c quite frankly Storm Troopers from the films are cannon fodder/pushovers? You surely didn't list all of Marvel's movie characters so don't forget that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Marvel_Comics It's really contentious whether the EU counts. One moderator said that they heard the EU is an "alternate universe", but that doesn't make sense since characters originating in the EU appear in the prequals. Also one could make the argument that Force powers are only hinted at in the movie and can't be fully explained on film(like the Cloud City scene, there was a lot of mental Force use there). If EU is included, Vader could easily take out most of these people himself. He would have trouble with Professor X and the Surfer, though.

Dr Will Hatch
QUOTE: The thread starter needs to be waaaay clearer on the starting scenario. Where are the Marvel heroes starting from?

From Earth. cool

Im throwing Blade in there as well, but not Dr Strange since it is a TV movie, and none of the cartoons.

Darth Martin
It's really contentious whether the EU counts. One moderator said that they heard the EU is an "alternate universe", but that doesn't make sense since characters originating in the EU appear in the prequals. Also one could make the argument that Force powers are only hinted at in the movie and can't be fully explained on film(like the Cloud City scene, there was a lot of mental Force use there). If EU is included, Vader could easily take out most of these people himself. He would have trouble with Professor X and the Surfer, though. Agreed.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Robtard
He froze a mall full of people and cleared their minds of a memory. (non Cerebro)

A mall is the equivalent to a battle station that has over a million in it?

Publius II
No, but he has a point. I'd completely forgotten about that.

And I assumed he didn't have Cerebro because that seemed like something the thread starter would have mentioned.

Dr Will Hatch
He would have Cerebro, but the orbital attack of Earth won't be too far away...

OK, lets say Reed Richards or someone from the department that contacted him in the second movie detected a moon size battlestation and 10 massive ships with tech that they aren't familar with.

Publius II
Then they get owned. They can't touch the Death Star, I doubt even Cerebro will let Xavier hit people who are thousands of miles away, and so Earth goes boom.

Dr Will Hatch
What about 5 days prep?

Publius II
They can't possibly get close enough to get any reliable intel, so I don't see what that would do. And since the Surfer's abilities are so poorly defined in the movie, I don't know what to make of him.

Dr Will Hatch
His powers seemed drastically weakened to me, as was everyone elses barring maybe The Things. What about Ghost Rider?

Publius II
Useless here. He's fairly strong and he has his weird Penance Stare, but neither amount to anything in the face of a Star Destroyer. Plus, he can't fly.

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
A mall is the equivalent to a battle station that has over a million in it?

No, he he could kill everyone on Earth with Cerebro - billions.

Final Blaxican
Not talking about with Cerebro.

Placidity
Shoot Juggernaut out of a cannon into the Deathstar, and just have him run through everything.

Dr Will Hatch
Not talking about with Cerebro. Who's to say that Vaders Force psionic ability isn't stronger?

Robtard
Who's to say that Vaders Force psionic ability isn't stronger?

The movies. He does what, a Jedi mind-trick here and there, Xavier can affect a mall full of people and billions with cerebro.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Shoot Juggernaut out of a cannon into the Deathstar, and just have him run through everything. But how's he gonna breathe in outer space?

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
But how's he gonna breathe in outer space?

doesn't need to.

Scythe
Dudes.... Several teenagers blew up the Deathstar, twice...

Rogue Jedi
doesn't need to. But the cold, the COLD......

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Scythe
Dudes.... Several teenagers blew up the Deathstar, twice...

I'm pretty sure Lando and Wedge Antilles aren't "teenagers". no expression

Robtard

"**** Lando Calrissian! Uncle Tom ******! Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy!"

Scythe

True, but Luke and Han? Haha, I remember that Robot Chicken skit with the Emperor where he b*tches about teenagers blowin' up the Deathstar.

Rogue Jedi
Weren't those "teenagers" in state of the art starships?

jinXed by JaNx
Im going to say that the Empire annihilates Earth. The only Marvel hero's that would be worth a damn are the ones that can fly and survive in space. This leaves only one to my knowledge...,Silver Surfer. Now, the comic Sufer may be able to dispatch the Empire fleet but we don't know much about the movie version. He was able to deflect a few rockets but thats about as much that we saw him do until he flew into galactus and then something happened. What happened when he flew into galactus...,fuk if we know. I'm going to say that ten star destroyers and an entire fleet of tie fightes and bombers will be able to remove surfer from his board easily.

As for the Phoneix, there is nothing to prove that she can survive without oxygen.

Xavier has never displayed psychic feats on a grand enough scale to even suggest that he can drop a star destroyer laughing out loud As for Cerebro, it was explained to be able to find anyone on EArth, not anyone in the galaxy. Besides, Xavier wouldn't even know who he is looking for.

Every other marvel hero will burn with the rest of humanity as the Star destroyers lay waste to Earth from a far distance until the Death Star is fully operational.

The only chance i see MArvel having here is if Surfer can transport Sue Storm and other heroes into space. Storm could create a barrier whilst Surfer carries them. Maybe a Sue Storm and a Nightcrawler would be enough to dismantle a Star Destroyer but i highly doubt it. I don't think Surfer would be able to Make it before being blow away.

Placidity
As if Reed couldn't design some tech to help them win.

Edit: Reed, Stark, Xavier and Magneto.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm going to say that ten star destroyers and an entire fleet of tie fightes and bombers will be able to remove surfer from his board easily.

Tractors beams FTW.

Placidity
Dude, the Surfer can become intangible. Nothing can even hit him, he can cruise straight into the Death Star and wreck it from inside even though he doesn't need to.

jinXed by JaNx
The moment he leaves his board he is powerless.

You don't think an entire fleet would be able to knock him off?

jinXed by JaNx

Edit: Reed, Stark, Xavier and Magneto.

With a enough time, maybe but certainly not while the Empire is raining death upon the planet. They would have to act very quickly because it wouldn't take long for the fleet to destroy civilization.

The only element of attack or defense that Earth would have is SIlver Surfer. I think this entire debate comes down to The Empire VS Silver Surfer. Considering that we didn't see much of anything from the Surfer (in the movie) i really don't think it would take much to knock him off his board. I do think, however, he could tear through Tie-fighters like a flame thrower through paper but eventually the fleet's entire arsenal is going to be targeted on Surfer and i think thats to much for him to escape, given what we saw of him in the movie.

Publius II

Edit: Reed, Stark, Xavier and Magneto. They would need to actually know something about what they're up against first. And that's while the Death Star's gearing up to blow Earth apart.

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The moment he leaves his board he is powerless.

You don't think an entire fleet would be able to knock him off?

How do you knock off an intangible being?

Dr Will Hatch
He didn't seem so intangible in that prison.

Wei Phoenix
He didn't seem so intangible in that prison.

Because...he wasn't on his board...

Dr Will Hatch
Which means he can be knocked off...

Wei Phoenix
They used some kind of pulse to separate him from the board, not knock off. No physical force knocked him off.

Placidity
Which means he can be knocked off...

Another Rogue Jedi in the making. Yes... The force is strong with this one.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
They used some kind of pulse to separate him from the board, not knock off. No physical force knocked him off. So The Force couldn't do that?

Placidity
So The Force couldn't do that?

No.

Dr Will Hatch
Anything that occurs in nature can be manipulated by Force usage.

Placidity

Cool

Dr Will Hatch
Last post for tonight.

1. The Power Cosmic is a fundamental fact of existence.
2. The Force is a manifestation of everything in existence, and binds everything together
3. The Force by definition can control the Power Cosmic, and more.

Robtard
So The Force couldn't do that?

The Force can be used to produce a" tachyon pulse" now? LoL.

Blinky
The Force can be used to produce a" tachyon pulse" now? LoL.

YOU, of all people, should know that the force can do anything f*cking thing, even cold-fusion.

Placidity
Originally posted by Blinky
YOU, of all people, should know that the force can do anything f*cking thing, even cold-fusion.

Cold fusion?

Thats padawan stuff.

Dr Will Hatch
Cold fusion?

Thats padawan stuff. What he said.

Rogue Jedi
Anything that occurs in nature can be manipulated by Force usage. yes

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
yes

But it isn't without limits, is what the SW-clowns fail to grasp.

MightyEInherjar
1. The Power Cosmic is a fundamental fact of existence.
2. The Force is a manifestation of everything in existence, and binds everything together
3. The Force by definition can control the Power Cosmic, and more.

1. The Force is a fundamental fact of existence.
2. The Power Cosmic is a manifestation of everything in existence, and binds everything together.
3. The Power Cosmic by definition can control the Force, and more.

Rogue Jedi
edit

Rogue Jedi
But it isn't without limits, is what the SW-clowns fail to grasp. Of course it does. But we are naturally gonna speak up when the force is questioned in a guessing and speculative fashion.

Wei Phoenix

Good thing Reed used science and not nature to do so.

Utrigita
I wonder what effect Silver Surfer just cruising past the Star Destroyers would have... A Stardestroyer without power isn't very usefull.

On Another Note how far are the Star Destroyers out in space? Close to moons orbit?

Dr Will Hatch
Good thing Reed used science and not nature to do so. [/QUOTE

confused

Science is the understanding of nature, what are you talking about?

MightyEInherjar
Marvel just isn't likely to win this fight. The odds are stacked too much against them. Marvel would have to have to have 616 FF4 or 616 Surfer/Phoenix to win this fight.

Rogue Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.