Marvel vs DC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Longinus
Team Marvel consisting of Sentry (unfraid to unleash his full abilities), Hyperion (Supreme Power) and Gladiator (no confidence problems)

vs

Team DC which consists of Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Battle takes place of Jupiter

Enyalus
Err...I'm gonna say this could go either way. 5/10 to each or something. Superman beats Sentry more often than not. WW/Hype is probably a toss up. Gladiator IMO beats CM more often than not. And if I use other matchups I get the same split-type scenarios.

Longinus
I'm glad to see I've created something that isn't a stomp for either side

james2099
Team one in a curb stomp, WW is the weak link.

Mindset
lol

Longinus
Originally posted by james2099
Team one in a curb stomp, WW is the weak link.

WW is peers with all these guys here so I don't understand your reasoning. Can you elaborate?

UKR
I think team one wins. I believe Hyperion is Glads-level, Gladiator has smashed a planet with his fist...the Sentry's the weak one, he's mostly hype. But he could solo if he was as powerful as his reputation (the power of a million exploding suns, he beat Galactus, etc).

james2099
Originally posted by Longinus
WW is peers with all these guys here so I don't understand your reasoning. Can you elaborate? WW seems to be peers with supes until he gets serious, like the time he thought she was doomsday. A doomsday clone was beating her senseless and about to kill her. Any one on team one can beat her pretty quick if its that type of battle. It will look like a good battle when the teams start fighting, but quickly turn when either supes, CM or WW goes down, to be honest, i say CM goes down first, then its 3 on 2 and so on. Hell with WW fighting skills, she may be the last one standing looking at team one begging them to let her cook them a steak dinner to spare her azz. cool

shokosugi
Copycats (marvel) vs. The Original (dc)......i'll go with the original.

UKR
Originally posted by shokosugi

Lol, fanboy...originality has nothing to do with power.

cloud102
Are we using the originals? Like Pre-Crisis original? If so, DC stomps as usual.

KingD19
If we're using original or Current, DC wins, with WW being the weak link, and Marvel being the powerhouse(since he can basically do anything now)current, and WW being the weak link, and Supes and Marvel about tied original.

cloud102
Wonder Woman was pretty formidable back then. Overall, weaker, but she gave Pre-Crisis Superman fits and lasso'd an island with no problems.

BlackZero30x

lol im not so sure about that

Nestical
Originally posted by cloud102
Are we using the originals? Like Pre-Crisis original? If so, DC stomps as usual.

what is your damage little boy? stalemate

cloud102
Stalemate my ass.

Nestical
Stalemate my ass.

um,ok. blink

Slaanesh
team 1 for majority..

cloud102
Originally posted by Nestical
um,ok. blink

Thanks for agreeing! wink

Enyalus
Thanks for agreeing! wink

I think what he was asking was, since we're clearly using post-crisis versions, who do you give the fight to?

cloud102
Hmm, probably Marvel. Gladiator and Sentry are a bit much. And seeing as Billy with SHAZAM's power has been mucho disappointing as of late, so...

Longinus
I'ma give it to DC as these are heroes that are apart of a unit and are used to working in tandem unlike Marvel's squad so I have to hand it to them 7/10

Enyalus
I'ma give it to DC as these are heroes that are apart of a unit and are used to working in tandem unlike Marvel's squad so I have to hand it to them 7/10

But what about teh Sentry unleashed???

Longinus
Lol was that a joke or were you being serious? Sentry unleashed could possibly take them if he were written intelligently and it's likely considering Void defeated Marvel Earth (I believe) but until he actually does that it's simply a speculation on his potential based on other characters opinion and based on what the Void did

iceman24567
The Sentry "unleashed" isn't taking anything but hooks to the face down goes Frazier!

Nihilist
DC wins.

sentry lets marvel side down.

xJLxKing
DC wins mostly because of sentry

Enyalus
I feel as bad right now for the Sentry fans as I did a few weeks ago for the SHAZAM-Billy fans. Ouch.

Mindset
why?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
why?

Same reason I feel bad for Fangirl everytime Wonder Woman is in a team thread and someone goes, "Team X wins. WW is the weak link." It just sucks.

Mindset
But they are right

Enyalus
But they are right

Well, luckily I don't like any characters who can be called weak links, so I have nothing to worry about. Genis can beat Eternity, Wolverine can stalemate LT, and Magneto can beat Wolverine. So...

TricksterPriest
Hype is a 2nd rate Superman. Sentry doesn't even deserve to be called a Supes knockoff. Supes, Wondy and Billy finish this one quickly and then go play volleyball in space.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hype is a 2nd rate Superman.

Powerwise you could make that case, due to Hyperion's few showings.

Character-wise? Not even close.

Lord Feron

laughing

Leaning toward marvel.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Enyalus
Powerwise you could make that case, due to Hyperion's few showings.

Character-wise? Not even close.

Character-wise, Hype is a completely different thing. He's not a Supes knockoff, more like a super solider idea gone rogue.

And it's a vs. forum, so of course power comes first in a fight.

SamZED
Copycats (marvel) vs. The Original (dc)......i'll go with the original. Fanboy. What difference does it makes if they're "original" Its not like DC never copies marvel characters.

grimify
T2 would take this for the majority.

celeyhyga17
To me Wonder Woman is the weak link. She seems to have the weakest chin out of the 2 groups. However, Supes makes up for her less than up to par invulnerability. He bests or equals any of the 3 Marvels. More of an equal than besting Gladiator by the way. Tough tough match overall, but i see team DC winning by a small margin.

Verdict- Team 2 (DC) 6/10

darthgoober
Wouldn't the original version of Pre-Crisis Supes be the version that couldn't fly and was "stronger than a locomotive"...

Knowsbleed33

How retarded as usual.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8880/nqejig6kiju290r84kcxgto.th.jpg

cloud102
But what about teh Sentry unleashed???

I like how Sentry was acting like a 12 year old in the last issue. But he aint doing that to Cap. No way in hell.

horrorwolf
Actually the original Superman couldnt even fly.

And Team Marvel takes the majority as WW is the weakest link hands down.

iceman24567
Team Dc wins the majority Sentry gets one shotted then its 3 against Gladz and Hyperion doesnt look good.

Slaanesh
who the hell going to oneshot sentry??i don't see Prime or Ion in there..

iceman24567
Anybody that feels like in including his own team?

Slaanesh
pft..they don't have the power to oneshot a guy with the power of a million exploding sun..

iceman24567
You mean the same guy that ran from the original Human Torch because he was too hot?

Longinus
well we all know the writers write Sentry as if he is an idiotic child, "Ms. Marvel I'm sorry", come on why don't you mention Sentry's high end feats? Cosmic Cube, Terrax, Ultron, Ressurection, Hard light constructs, Collective, defeating the Void, stalemating Hulk while fighting like an idiot, please don't make him out to be worthless

iceman24567
He is worthless against team Dc no expression

Slaanesh
Originally posted by iceman24567
You mean the same guy that ran from the original Human Torch because he was too hot?

that is because he is mentally ill...everyone have a low shoing..sentry just happen to have a lot of it..but that is because of his mental condition..but his high end feat is impresive..if marvel just show him some love..he'll be better than supes..

iceman24567
Originally posted by Slaanesh
that is because he is mentally ill...everyone have a low shoing..sentry just happen to have a lot of it..but that is because of his mental condition..but his high end feat is impresive..if marvel just show him some love..he'll be better than supes.. Never sick

Slaanesh
okie..maybe not better than supes..but around that level..how's that??come one..give the shiny guy some credit..

Battlehammer
hey how good is team DC TP resistences?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Battlehammer
hey how good is team DC TP resistences? Superman's will power is legendary he's almost impossible to posses or mindrape him. Wonder Woman is also highly resistant but it doesn't matter anyways.

Longinus
Never sick

I can see that you're biased. If he is written to his potential he would be a better combatant, hero and characater than Superman. Just going by what I've seen

iceman24567
I can see that you're biased. If he is written to his potential he would be a better combatant, hero and characater than Superman. Just going by what I've seen No you must be blind if you think I'm biased based off of that post laughing .

Battlehammer
Superman's will power is legendary he's almost impossible to posses or mindrape him. Wonder Woman is also highly resistant but it doesn't matter anyways.
actually it does matter. If sentry as viod has full uses of your powers he a powerful Telepath.

Longinus
Superman's will power is legendary he's almost impossible to posses or mindrape him. Wonder Woman is also highly resistant but it doesn't matter anyways.

Hasn't Despero raped Supe's mind? And in comparison how would compare the mental prowess of Jonn to Despero and Xavier to Despero. Just want see something

iceman24567
Hasn't Despero raped Supe's mind? And in comparison how would compare the mental prowess of Jonn to Despero and Xavier to Despero. Just want see something Despero at his most powerful are leagues above Jonn and Xavier. I don't remember Despero raping Supes mind.

Battlehammer
never said he could. I ask if DC had good TP resistences for a reason and I really was talking about supermans partners not really him.

Longinus
Despero at his most powerful are leagues above Jonn and Xavier. I don't remember Despero raping Supes mind.

I know this is purely speculation but isn't it possible that Sentry is above Xavier concerning psychic prowess. He made Marvel in it's entirety forget him and that includes omega level psychics and magicians the world over, so I think an argument can be made regarding his mental apptitude.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
How retarded as usual.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8880/nqejig6kiju290r84kcxgto.th.jpg

There's such a thing as 'too big,' and Marvel's getting there. They're making a Spiderman Broadway play next year, with music composed by Bono...

Ick. Marvel....stop it.

iceman24567
There's such a thing as 'too big,' and Marvel's getting there. They're making a Spiderman Broadway play next year, with music composed by Bono...

Ick. Marvel....stop it. sick

SamZED
Sentry has a good resistance to tp. As far as I remember Doc Strange failed to control him.

iceman24567
Originally posted by SamZED
Sentry has a good resistance to tp. As far as I remember Doc Strange failed to control him. What does that have to do with anything we are discussing?

Lord Feron

Ick. Marvel....stop it.

Charles NOOOOOO!!!!

SamZED
What does that have to do with anything we are discussing?

Someone's mentioned resistance to tp so im playing along.

Mindset

Ick. Marvel....stop it. It's all about money.

zeel
Team Marvel consisting of Sentry (unfraid to unleash his full abilities), Hyperion (Supreme Power) and Gladiator (no confidence problems)

vs

Team DC which consists of Superman, Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel.

Battle takes place of Jupiter

Sentry vs wonder woman

gladiator vs supes

hyperion vs captian marvel (classic)

interesting the fight is on jupiter. How do these combatants plan on breathing. Cap dont need oxygen to breath and im sure supes can hold his breath a while, i dunno bout the others.

zeel

rofl

Longinus
Originally posted by zeel
Sentry vs wonder woman

gladiator vs supes

hyperion vs captian marvel (classic)

interesting the fight is on jupiter. How do these combatants plan on breathing. Cap dont need oxygen to breath and im sure supes can hold his breath a while, i dunno bout the others.

They've all survived in space for exteneded periods of time with no air or aid, so why is Jupiter any different?

Xzpunisher
Team 2 overkill

Superman WW and CM are each stronger then team 1 combined

This fight ends in mere seconds, each member of team 1 gets 1 shotted

iceman24567
Originally posted by Xzpunisher
Team 2 overkill

Superman WW and CM are each stronger then team 1 combined

This fight ends in mere seconds, each member of team 1 gets 1 shotted You are wrong Sentry is the only person that gets one shotted eek!

Xzpunisher
You are wrong Sentry is the only person that gets one shotted eek! Gladiator has been knocked on his backside by Thing and Wonder Man

Hyperion is barely in the 100 ton range

Gladiator also got his tail kicked by Gambit, Vulcan and Corsair

He is also going to get 1 shotted here

iceman24567
Gladiator has been knocked on his backside by Thing and Wonder Man

Hyperion is barely in the 100 ton range

Gladiator also got his tail kicked by Gambit, Vulcan and Corsair

He is also going to get 1 shotted here Superman has been beaten by Toyman erm

Xzpunisher
Superman has been beaten by Toyman erm Toyman>>>>Corsair

And he has never lost to Toyman either

Go read a Superman comic

iceman24567
Toyman>>>>Corsair

And he has never lost to Toyman either

Go read a Superman comic
Thats some dumb shit Vulcan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toyman no expression

psycho gundam
is that the great galen?

iceman24567
Nah Galen isn't that stupid.

Xzpunisher
Thats some dumb shit Vulcan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Toyman no expression

Supes has never lost to Toyman though

Vulcan is an inexperienced emo brat, guys like Captain Atom and Firestorm would annihilate him instantly

D_Dude1210
I'm almost sure this is h1a18 in a new user id.

iceman24567
Supes has never lost to Toyman though

Vulcan is an inexperienced emo brat, guys like Captain Atom and Firestorm would annihilate him instantly So is Prime i don't see how that matters Vulcan also schemed his way into becoming emperor of one the most advanced races in 616. What the hell does Captain Atom and Firestorm have to do with anything?

Xzpunisher
So is Prime i don't see how that matters Vulcan also schemed his way into becoming emperor of one the most advanced races in 616. What the hell does Captain Atom and Firestorm have to do with anything? Prime is in a whole other ballpark then any of the characters listed here

Vulcan beat the crap out of Gladiator and killed many members of the Imperial Guard,

Vulcan would be killed instantly against Captain Marvel or Supes

iceman24567
Prime is in a whole other ballpark then any of the characters listed here

Vulcan beat the crap out of Gladiator and killed many members of the Imperial Guard,

Vulcan would be killed instantly against Captain Marvel or Supes Instantly huh laughing

Xzpunisher
Instantly huh laughing Instantly, Supes already kicked in Captain Atoms face and Atom would obliterate Vulcan as well

I read Xmen comics more then anything else

Vulcan would get stomped

Mindset
Vulcan beat the crap out of Gladiator Originally posted by Xzpunisher
I read Xmen comics

Sure...

Xzpunisher
Sure... Go away troll

Mindset
lol

Xzpunisher
Go away troll

iceman24567
I can't wait until your banned.

Xzpunisher
I can't wait until your banned. Why ? Because you dont want to lose anymore debates to me?

If you are tired of losing, then dont challenge me again

Mindset
laughing out loud

Mekrob
Why ? Because you dont want to lose anymore debates to me?

If you are tired of losing, then dont challenge me again i laffed

Xzpunisher
Originally posted by Mekrob
Stop owning me in debates then stop challenging me

Mekrob
laughing out loud

iceman24567
Why ? Because you dont want to lose anymore debates to me?

If you are tired of losing, then dont challenge me again thumb up

Spire
lol

Raoul
vulcan got the snot beat out of him by gladiator. he knocked gladiator down once, then this happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Uncanny_X-Men_480_012.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Uncanny_X-Men_480_013.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Uncanny_X-Men_480_014.jpg

unless you mean another fight.

everyone, back on topic please, no more trolling xzpunisher.

The Pict
Originally posted by Raoul
vulcan got the snot beat out of him by gladiator. he knocked gladiator down once, then this happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Uncanny_X-Men_480_012.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Uncanny_X-Men_480_013.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_Uncanny_X-Men_480_014.jpg

unless you mean another fight.

everyone, back on topic please, no more trolling xzpunisher.

How come Vulcan's head didn't explode? hmm

And are those scans recent? Last I saw Gladiator was guarding Vulcan.

Raoul
Originally posted by The Pict
How come Vulcan's head didn't explode? hmm

And are those scans recent? Last I saw Gladiator was guarding Vulcan.

this was before vulcan took over. uncanny 48something...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.