Bor vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

Avlon
Going by feats Surfer wins.

He easily blew up a planet and created a black hole.

Bor at most was said to be able to destroy a planet.

Scuzz2.0
i read on his bio (i know there not reliable) that bor was more powerful than odin! is that true coz i dont remember anyone saying it! and it sure didnt look like it!

anyway based on feats, the surfer would win

Enyalus
Originally posted by Avlon
Bor at most was said to be able to destroy a planet.

I think the quote was "rip the living heart out of the nine worlds."

And Bor wins.

jalek moye
i'm already sick of bor threads

vansonbee
Originally posted by jalek moye
i'm already sick of bor threads Agreed, just because he was Odin dad, doesn't mean he superior (only during time he was with Odin).

Enyalus
Originally posted by vansonbee
Agreed, just because he was Odin dad, doesn't mean he superior (only during time he was with Odin).

Well, he seemed to be just above Thor...who has the full Odinpower. The only reason Thor won, IMO, was because his will was stronger.

OneDumbG0
Classic Thor would give a hardy whuppin to classic Silver Surfer.

Current Thor should be more than capable of whuppin current Silver Surfer.

Bor took current Thor to the limit.

Bor wins.

guy222
Bor

Naija boy
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Classic Thor would give a hardy whuppin to classic Silver Surfer.

Bor took current Thor to the limit.

Bor wins.

Classic thor beating classic surfer is debatable.

But its true that current thor would take current surfer and that Bor would win as well

Kris Blaze
Classic Thor vs Surfer is in no way clear cut.

This fight however, is.

Bor 10/10

Philosophía
I'm just going to laughing out loud at the massive ammount of respect Bor gets. The only and I really mean only 'feat' that would put him above Surfer would Thor saying that he could have one-shotted him in his classic powerlevel.

Bentley

beast1234
It logical that Bor win this. Because Thor beat silver surfer with his full might in blood and thunder. When Thor was fighting Bor Thor was using his full might and was no match for him. The reason why Thor beat Bor because he was able to outwit him but i doubt that Thor is smarter then him Bor was enrage when they were fighting.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Bentley
He withstood the Odin force. SS got one shotted by Odin awesr

Since when are Odin and Thor's feats interchangeable?

Bentley

Mindset

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
Since always You mean since never

Philosophía
They aren't. Surfer still was no match for the odin force while Bor was only matched thanks to it.

Did you just write two contradictory statements ?

Lulz.

Mindset
No, I meant what I wrote

Bentley

iceman24567
No, I meant what I wrote No you didn't

Mindset
I disagree

Philosophía
The Odin Force is power. Thor has that power. Do you think Odin exerted himself or his power one-shotting Surfer? Do you think that Thor who has the same power at his disposal couldn't output the same power?

It's speculation to say whether or not Thor could or could not duplicate what Odin did. Like I said, feats aren't interchangeable, so using the 'Odin one-shotting Surfer' example is, guess what .. useless.

This was basically:

You: Bor withstood Thor while Odin one-shotted Surfer.

Me: Are you saying Thor and Odin's feats are interchangeable?

No: No I'm not saying that. I'm saying that Surfer was one-shotted by the Odinforce (when used by Odin) while Bor withstood it (when used by Thor)

Me: Wut ?

Mindset

Philosophía
thumb up

*edits*

*after thinking about it for a few seconds, doesn't bring up the lameness of you debating street fighter in the other thread*

Mindset
Probably because bringing it up would make you look even lamer.

Great Galen esque even

Philosophía
Nothing is lamer than debating street fighter.

Enyalus

Mindset
Tbh, it doesn't get lamer than debating what comic characters would beat each other, I just embrace the lameness.

Kris Blaze

Bentley

Enyalus
That's your speculation and its biased if you ask me.

Shhh. Both Avlon and Philosophia picking Surfer to beat a skyfather bodes well for the Surfer/Superman thread.

kgkg
Originally posted by Enyalus
Shhh. Both Avlon and Philosophia picking Surfer to beat a skyfather bodes well for the Surfer/Superman thread. Not really clearly it to make thor look bad(or at least stop the hype of Thor = Skyfather)

I don't know why marvel fanboys are jumping the Bor bandwagon

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
Not really clearly it to make thor look bad(or at least stop the hype of Thor = Skyfather)

Because Thor is skyfather level now and Bor kicked his ass for most of the comic?

xJLxKing
Bor

Bentley
Not really clearly it to make thor look bad(or at least stop the hype of Thor = Skyfather)

It was clearly intended to depict Bor as someone beyond Classic Thor level. I don't see why people are trying to argue that

awesr

DarkOdin

It shows the higher states of Thor the Bor battle.

Thor has shown him battling villians Odin has had more problems with and Thor hasn't Odinforce Thor has done plenty of high feats to boot but he gets down played He mastered the Odinforce already so why would he not be a skyfather. Heck he brought himself back to life from a void that his rune powered self put him in. Thats a hell of a feat in itself. Beyond anything Odin did when he died

kgkg
Because Thor is skyfather level now and Bor kicked his ass for most of the comic? Arguable that thor is skyfather

He is clearly stronger than his classic. My point was people are making their minds way to quickly thor has yet to show that he is at skyfather

Enyalus
Arguable that thor is skyfather

He is clearly stronger than his classic. My point was people are making their minds way to quickly thor has yet to show that he is at skyfather

Sure. I mean, why would beating a Balder Destroyer, beating Surtur, and beating someone who according to the comic was as strong as Odin (Bor) make Thor skyfather now, especially when he has all of Odin's power?

I just don't get why anyone would jump to that conclusion.

iceman24567
Yes he is stronger than his classic days but skyfather level? I wouldn't go that far.

Mindset
What do you consider skyfather?

kgkg
It was clearly intended to depict Bor as someone beyond Classic Thor level. I don't see why people are trying to argue that

awesr I have no problem with Thor being stronger than his classic Thor level

The problem I have is with people saying Thor = Odin even if this was true we have yet to see this

iceman24567
Somebody with the feats to match the rank? Sodam Yat when toe to toe with Sbp i wouldn't consider him skyfather level.

Mindset
He didn't go toe to toe, he went face to fist.

What are skyfather feats?

Vally Doosh
Street Fighter > Any non Kyle Rayner comics books

Just wanted to point that out.

Mindset
Ken Masters > Street Fighter

iceman24567
Consistent high end feats skyfather's often preform like beating or matching extremely powerful foes or impressive showings of power stop with the bull where is your proof Thor is a skyfather?

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
Consistent high end feats skyfather's often preform like beating or matching extremely powerful foes or impressive showings of power stop with the bull where is your proof Thor is a skyfather? Stop with the bull?

You can't even give me an example of what you think is skyfather, but you know Thor isn't.

By your vague description Thor was skyfather before he had the Odinforce. erm

xJLxKing
Stop with the bull?

You can't even give me an example of what you think is skyfather, but you know Thor isn't.

By your vague description Thor was skyfather before he had the Odinforce. erm
Sky father is a Sky father level DUHHH!! So Odin is a skyfather level character.

iceman24567
Stop with the bull?

By your vague description Thor was skyfather before he had the Odinforce. erm What skyfather level feats has Thor preformed?

Mindset
What do you consider skyfather?

iceman24567
Consistent high end feats skyfather's often preform like beating or matching extremely powerful foes or impressive showings of power stop with the bull where is your proof Thor is a skyfather?

kgkg
Sure. I mean, why would beating a Balder Destroyer, beating Surtur, and beating someone who according to the comic was as strong as Odin (Bor) make Thor skyfather now, especially when he has all of Odin's power?

I just don't get why anyone would jump to that conclusion. and than there is Rulk

Thor had similar feat in his classic days , not only thor but many top herald have similar feat.

What did Bor do to put him at Odin's level

Mindset
So what you consider skyfather is really anything from herald up.

Gotcha

iceman24567
So what you consider skyfather is really anything from herald up.

Gotcha Yeah if they can show consistent high end feats skyfather's often preform no expression

Mindset
Which are?

Bentley
I have no problem with Thor being stronger than his classic Thor level

The problem I have is with people saying Thor = Odin even if this was true we have yet to see this

With this I kind of agree. I'm not sure if it would be worth it to show a Thor stronger than Odin, a comic based in Odin seems close to a comic based on Thanos. Potential to make good things but mostly ends in disappointment for everyone involved.

Personally I wouldn't mind if it was stated on panel that Thor won't be permanently using the Odin force, or that we got an indication he uses it (super saiyajin eek! ) just so we could continue with the character as he was and make the OF scarce as it should be comic wise.

iceman24567
Making the multiverse rock erm

Mindset
Making the multiverse rock erm Because every skyfather has made the multiverse rock thumb up

DarkOdin
Thor has been reserved in using the odinpower in battle. However he has feats that are clearly skyfather level. Recreating asgard from nothing. Using the Odin-power to call back all the dead asgardians. The big one he has done was the first issue when he used his power to bring himself back from death which Odin has never done to himself. The the fight with Bor where we have the on panel comments about using the odinpower without he would of died. All this imo are more then worthy of skyfather level.

Enyalus
and than there is Rulk

Except that he was holding back in the first fight. And was going to kill him the second time without much problem.

Plus there's the whole, Rulk hurting a Watcher...who is above skyfather himself.

OneDumbG0
He didn't go toe to toe, he went face to fist.

What are skyfather feats? Originally posted by iceman24567
Making the multiverse rock erm Originally posted by Mindset
Because every skyfather has made the multiverse rock thumb up laughing out loud
Arguable that thor is skyfather

He is clearly stronger than his classic. My point was people are making their minds way to quickly thor has yet to show that he is at skyfather Taking full-on Destroyer blast with his chest when it has one-shotted and literally killed him in the past. Recreating the entirety of Asgard. Keeping Asgard perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Freeing nearly every Asgardian at once, including Skyfather level beings like Hela.

Yeah... current Thor is only a teency stronger than classic Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic)

kgkg
Except that he was holding back in the first fight. And was going to kill him the second time without much problem.

Plus there's the whole, Rulk hurting a Watcher...who is above skyfather himself. Where did it say he was holding back? Rulk nearly killed him

The second time Thor suprise attacked him and Rulk at that time was getting HOTTER

He punched a a watcher down - Watcher was not trying to fight him

Enyalus
Where did it say he was holding back? Rulk nearly killed him

sad Don't make me go back and attempt to reread that garbage, please. I'll just concede instead.

kgkg
sad Don't make me go back and attempt to reread that garbage, please. I'll just concede instead. please go back and check for me...........I mean thor was so humiliated that he promised to get him back

OneDumbG0
please go back and check for me...........I mean thor was so humiliated that he promised to get him back And would have killed Rulk with a few Mjolnir shots. Meh. Least he didn't get one-shotted by Konvikt.

Oops. Did I just go there? Oh no, he didnt!

*OneDumbG0 warned for going off-topic*

weep

Mindset
please go back and check for me...........I mean thor was so humiliated that he promised to get him back I think he was holding back because he didn't know who he was.

Prove me wrong!

Knowsbleed33

kgkg
And would have killed Rulk with a few Mjolnir shots. Meh. Least he didn't get one-shotted by Konvikt.

weep Rulk was getting HOTTER and was fighting Hulk before he got cheapshoted

The same Rulk had thor on the moon crying in a 1v1 situation

hey am not claiming Superman is skyfather level

OneDumbG0
Taking full-on Destroyer blast with his chest when it has one-shotted and literally killed him in the past. Recreating the entirety of Asgard. Keeping Asgard perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Freeing nearly every Asgardian at once, including Skyfather level beings like Hela.

Starscream M
recreating asgard and keeping it afloat are not battle feats, onedumbgo

DarkOdin
Rulk was getting HOTTER and was fighting Hulk before he got cheapshoted

The same Rulk had thor on the moon crying in a 1v1 situation

hey am not claiming Superman is skyfather level

First i hate you both b/c i went thru both rulk/Thor fights again and know my IQ has dropped well into the negative numbers

First fight Both rulk and Thor landed blows that did not phase each other.

Rulk only gain the upper hand when he used mjolnir on Thor in space which is a huge case of loeb power in action as the hammer can not be wieled by the unworthy even space which has happened on panel i don't remeber the issue "using the hammer in space" Thor was not holding the hammer when Rulk smached him with it then used it to fly by throwing again.

Then Thor did stop rulk in the middle of the 2nd round with hulk but he was not overheating as after Thor hit him with mjolnir and called it back rulk then took a beating from Thor and Thor went on for the killing blow.
Then a-bomb stops Thor and Hulk jobs on Rulk but then rulk starts to own for 2 pages he then starts to heat up on the 2nd page when we see steam on rulks skin then hulk gets on hit in and rulk falls. So it appears rulk was not tired no weak from the Hulk battle. "IF someone post something to argue what i have send i can't replay as i am driving to the hospital to get and mir on my hdead to see if i have any brain cells left"

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Starscream M
recreating asgard and keeping it afloat are not battle feats, onedumbgo That's not what kgkg and I are arguing about. We're arguing about whether Thor has skyfather-level feats.

Starscream M
And would have killed Rulk with a few Mjolnir shots. Meh. Least he didn't get one-shotted by Konvikt.

weep lol

iceman24567
laughing out loud
Taking full-on Destroyer blast with his chest when it has one-shotted and literally killed him in the past. Recreating the entirety of Asgard. Keeping Asgard perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Freeing nearly every Asgardian at once, including Skyfather level beings like Hela.

Yeah... current Thor is only a teency stronger than classic Thor. roll eyes (sarcastic) The Silver Surfer could all that no sweat embarrasment

OneDumbG0
^ The funny thing is: There are no Surfer fanboys who would ever even say that. And considering the levels of rabid fanboyism that have been displayed here on KMC, that in itself, is quite a statement.

kgkg
laughing out loud
Taking full-on Destroyer blast with his chest when it has one-shotted and literally killed him in the past. Recreating the entirety of Asgard. Keeping Asgard perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Freeing nearly every Asgardian at once, including Skyfather level beings like Hela. forgot to respond to this.

Like I said before all that is impressive but not something that whould lable you as a skyfather

xJLxKing
The Silver Surfer could all that no sweat embarrasment
No

iceman24567
But I am a Norrin fanboy erm

OneDumbG0
forgot to respond to this.

Like I said before all that is impressive but not something that whould lable you as a skyfather Name me someone under a skyfather who could do these feats:

kgkg
That's not what kgkg and I are arguing about. We're arguing about whether Thor has skyfather-level feats. Never said Thor didn't have skyfather level feat. What I did say was Thor is not at Skyfather level or at least not enough evidence exist to make that claim (even if it was true)

heck Superman , Surfer etc all have your so call skyfather level feat.

kgkg
Name me someone under a skyfather who could do these feats: Superman , Surfer could do some of those feats

iceman24567
Batman no expression

Slaanesh
i see surfer and current thor as nearly equal..so..he would give Bor a fight..but can't take the win..Bor 10/10..

OneDumbG0
Taking full-on Destroyer blast with his chest when it has one-shotted and literally killed him in the past. Recreating the entirety of Asgard. Keeping Asgard perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Freeing nearly every Asgardian at once, including Skyfather level beings like Hela. Originally posted by kgkg
Superman , Surfer could do some of those feats Superman cannot take on a Destroyer blast with his chest (it's friggin mystic). Surfer can't do it either. Superman could not recreate the entirety of Asgard (or some analogue like Olympus). Neither could Surfer. Superman could not keep Asgard (or Olympus) perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Neither could Silver Surfer. Superman could not free nearly every Asgardian (or analogue demi-gods/gods) at once, including Skyfather-level gods on Hela's level. Neither could Silver Surfer.

What. Are. You. Talking. About. no expression

kgkg
Superman cannot take on a Destroyer blast with his chest (it's friggin mystic). Surfer can't do it either. Superman could not recreate the entirety of Asgard (or some analogue like Olympus). Neither could Surfer. Superman could not keep Asgard (or Olympus) perpetually afloat some twenty feet in the air. Neither could Silver Surfer. Superman could not free nearly every Asgardian (or analogue demi-gods/gods) at once, including Skyfather-level gods on Hela's level. Neither could Silver Surfer.

What. Are. You. Talking. About. no expression i said similar feat.... you say they can't so it make it the truth?

OneDumbG0
i said similar feat.... you say they can't so it make it the truth? That's funny... cuz you actually said, "some of those feats": Originally posted by kgkg
Superman , Surfer could do some of those feats ...

And a retard would know that neither Superman, nor Silver Surfer could accomplish those feats. Those are skyfather level feats. Why? Because nobody can name a person below skyfather who could accomplish them.

kgkg
Those are skyfather level feats. Why? Because nobody can name a person below skyfather who could accomplish them.
Me: Could to similar or same feat
You: No only skyfather can , no one can name any
Me: Superman , Surfer
You: they can't

So we are stuck with they can't and can what now? are you going to prove that they can't?

Slaanesh
i don't see why surfer can't do all the thing that thor did..

OneDumbG0
^ Surfer wouldn't be able to take a Destroyer blast with his chest. He'd get knocked out. It's literally killed Thor in the past. Surfer can't summon a skyfather dwelling like Asgard or Olympus or Themiscyra out of thin air. Surfer can't keep Asgard/Olympus/Themiscyra afloat perpetually. Once his concentration is broken, it'd fall. Thor got whupped on by foes and it still keeps afloat. Surfer wouldn't be able to keep it afloat when brought to the brink of death. Surfer cannot free Asgardians/Olympians all at once, including skyfather-level beings like Hela/Hades. He's given moments of world-peace. That's about it. Classic Surfer only restored Beta Ray Bill with Odin's help. His Annihilation upgrade isn't that massive to compensate for the sheer scope of these feats.
Me: Could to similar or same feat
You: No only skyfather can , no one can name any
Me: Superman , Surfer
You: they can't

So we are stuck with they can't and can what now? are you going to prove that they can't? Originally posted by OneDumbG0
And a retard would know that neither Superman, nor Silver Surfer could accomplish those feats.

kgkg
So your going to use your opinion and call people that disagree a retard.

Cool roll eyes (sarcastic)

OneDumbG0
^ If someone thinks Superman could recreate Asgard/Olympus/Themiscyra out of thin air, then that someone is a retard.

kgkg
^ If someone thinks Superman could recreate Asgard/Olympus/Themiscyra out of thin air, then that someone is a retard. So I said superman could do that? roll eyes (sarcastic)

"some" and "similar" feats were the key

OneDumbG0
^ Stop equivocating. You said Superman could do "some." You never said "similar." I already pointed that out. Which means you believe Superman would have to be able to do at least two of those feats. Name the two.

guy222
good evening

on topic, bor ftw

kgkg
^ Stop equivocating. You said Superman could do "some." You never said "similar." I already pointed that out. Which means you believe Superman would have to be able to do at least two of those feats. Name the two.
I find it funny that you used It's like me asking you if thor can shot heat vision out of his eyes

as for your question of if he can take a shot from the destroyer?
Silver Surfer and both Superman can take it

Happy now?

OneDumbG0
I find it funny that you used It's like me asking you if thor can shot heat vision out of his eyes

as for your question of if he can take a shot from the destroyer?
Silver Surfer and both Superman can take it

Happy now? It doesn't have to do with a type of ability. It has to do with the scope of personal power required to accomplisha similar feat. Don't use straw-man argumentation with me.

And I asked you what two feats, or more, of the ones I listed, could Superman do. Stop equivocating. Answer the question which you cornered yourself into.

Ambient
Surfer can't summon a skyfather dwelling like Asgard or Olympus or Themiscyra out of thin air.
Yes he can... Surfer can summon someone way above Skyfather shifty ....

skygunner41
comeforth Galan.

Ambient
And feast on new Asgard..

kgkg
It doesn't have to do with a type of ability. It has to do with the scope of personal power required to accomplisha similar feat. Don't use straw-man argumentation with me.

And I asked you what two feats, or more, of the ones I listed, could Superman do. Stop equivocating. Answer the question which you cornered yourself into.
Ok the taking a shot from the destroyer: Surfer and Superman can both take it

as for Asgard again: Surfer can lift it

and you act like Thor is consistently at those level heck a Super Skrull was able to hurt him with heat

OneDumbG0

as for Asgard again: Surfer can lift it

and you act like Thor is consistently at those level heck a Super Skrull was able to hurt him with heat Superman cannot take a mystic blast of such destructive capability that it can kill Thor in one hit. What are you smoking? This doesn't even matter because you obviously admit that that Superman cannot do some of those feats. You just argue haphazardly and without any reason that he could do one of those feats.

Surfer can levitate Asgard. Terrax has levitated the island of Manhattan. But he cannot keep it levitated perpetually while he himself is pushed to the brink of death. Don't be ridiculous.

And how the hell does classic Thor fighting Super Skrull have anything to do with our conversation? We're talking current Thor who is skyfather level. He has done feats nobody below skyfather can do. And yours spectacular failure in justifying that Superman or Surfer could do what he does accentuates that fact. Bor took current Thor to the brink. What could possibly make you think Surfer could take Bor? Because you secretly want Superman to be able to fight Bor?

Mindset
So you say.

kgkg
He can lift it and keep it up for as long as he can. Not that big of a feat

He didn't have the Odin force in Hulk and SECRET INVASION?

celeyhyga17
Thinking that he's just so Badass, Bor will try to use only his barehands to crush the Surfer just like in Thor (forgot the issue number). Abandoning whatever energy manipulation he may have in his arsenal, Surfer takes it and just showers Bor with the power cosmic all day long. Bor hasn't had enough of a showing anyway.

SS 8/10

Mindset
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thinking that he's just so Badass, Bor will try to use only his barehands to crush the Surfer just like in Thor (forgot the issue number). Abandoning whatever energy manipulation he may have in his arsenal, Surfer takes it and just showers Bor with the power cosmic all day long. Bor hasn't had enough of a showing anyway.

SS 8/10 Bor will not just fight hth the whole time, as he showed in his fight with Thor

celeyhyga17
Dunno man. Thor may have had the Odinforce albeit he prolly does not fully command it's capabilities, Bor to me did not show enough of a "force" to be truly reckoned with. One could say he was not 100%, but still I get this feeling it's because he's not much of a skyfather anymore (Bor).

Mindset
Was this in reply to me saying he wont just fight hth?

If so, he showed that he will use his other powers when needed in his fight against Thor and the DA.

Mekrob
Surfer can levitate Asgard. Terrax has levitated the island of Manhattan. But he cannot keep it levitated perpetually while he himself is pushed to the brink of death. Don't be ridiculous.
He actually levitated a massive spaceship, and kept it levitated while he fused with the planet and healed it...

janus77
think the asgard levitation feat isn't all that... I'm sure Magneto could do that, even at the brink of death.

have yet to be impressed by "Odinforce Thor". he got his arse handed to him by Rulk, when first they met. it was as one-sided as these things get.

the second match came after Rulk had spent a prolongued, non-stop, period fighting various characters and only as a result of Thor blindsiding Rulk... yes Thor was winning, but give Rulk that kind of advantage against Thor and Thor would be dead/dying too.

I think Surfer stands a very good chance in this match. no way would Odin or Bor or characters of that ilk be one-shotting or otherwise easily dispatching current Surfer.

either of Tenebrous or Aegis would be a good deal more powerful than Odin and Bor, yet neither managed to even KO Surfer, after a repeated and lengthy assault ...

also, at the very least, UniLord is a "Skyfather" type character. by all rights, he should be their superior by a good margin, given that he was a Watcher gone rogue and then juiced up with some Blackbody power...

jalek moye
Originally posted by janus77
think the asgard levitation feat isn't all that... I'm sure Magneto could do that, even at the brink of death.

have yet to be impressed by "Odinforce Thor". he got his arse handed to him by Rulk, when first they met. it was as one-sided as these things get.

the second match came after Rulk had spent a prolongued, non-stop, period fighting various characters and only as a result of Thor blindsiding Rulk... yes Thor was winning, but give Rulk that kind of advantage against Thor and Thor would be dead/dying too.

umm what the only fight that was nbetween was like a 1 minute fight with hulk. thor was one of the last people he fought before the lady liberators

Kris Blaze
lulz at people using Rulk

and lulz at people thinking levitating Asgard is a skyfather feat

Juntai
Was supreme skyfather Thor, the ultimate badass, getting it taken to him by a Skrull up there?
And Red Hulk previously that scans were floating around of?

Thor may have gotten an upgrade, but how much does that put him past top tier? Clearly Odin wouldn't have had these difficulties. Right?

Avlon
Terrax must be skyfather going by the feats people are giving Bor.
Levitating islands? Check. Planet Destroying? Guess Terrax has done more already.

Surfer creates a blackhole in Bors head ftw.

Oh... and Magneto can levitate an asteroid indefinitely under his power. I guess he must be Skyfather too!

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mekrob
He actually levitated a massive spaceship, and kept it levitated while he fused with the planet and healed it... no expression Really? Yeesh.
How massive was it?
Originally posted by Juntai
Was supreme skyfather Thor, the ultimate badass, getting it taken to him by a Skrull up there?
And Red Hulk previously that scans were floating around of?

Thor may have gotten an upgrade, but how much does that put him past top tier? Clearly Odin wouldn't have had these difficulties. Right? He pretty much kicked the crap out of the Super Skrull. And although it's besides the point, Skyfathers like Zeus have had their hands full and been given pause when fighting high to mid heralds, e.g. Zeus vs. Thor.

I think it puts him past top tier. clearly Odin wouldn't have these difficulties. I don't put him on Odin's level, which is about as high a Skyfather as you can get. But you don't have to be Odin's level to be a Skyfather.
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lulz at people using Rulk

and lulz at people thinking levitating Asgard is a skyfather feat I agree. big grin

Screw you. sad Levitating Asgard wouldn't be a Skyfather feat. I think keeping Asgard perpetually levitated irregardless of whether you're conscious or getting the smackdown laid on you is a Skyfather feat.
Originally posted by Avlon
Terrax must be skyfather going by the feats people are giving Bor.
Levitating islands? Check. Planet Destroying? Guess Terrax has done more already.

Surfer creates a blackhole in Bors head ftw.

Oh... and Magneto can levitate an asteroid indefinitely under his power. I guess he must be Skyfather too! Terrax can't keep Manhattan island perpetually levitated when he's unconscious in a hibernative sleep or getting taken to the brink of death. I don't recall anybody suggesting that destroying a planet equates you to being a Skyfather.

Bor resists it by virtue of being an Asgardian immortal with magical power.

Magneto put Asteroid M into a non-eroding orbit IIRC.

Philosophía

I think Surfer stands a very good chance in this match. no way would Odin or Bor or characters of that ilk be one-shotting or otherwise easily dispatching current Surfer.

either of Tenebrous or Aegis would be a good deal more powerful than Odin and Bor, yet neither managed to even KO Surfer, after a repeated and lengthy assault ...

also, at the very least, UniLord is a "Skyfather" type character. by all rights, he should be their superior by a good margin, given that he was a Watcher gone rogue and then juiced up with some Blackbody power...

It's amazing with how much of Janus's post I agree, more specifically with most of the bolded part. He starts to get delusional after that but still, it's remarkable. smile

kgkg
no expression Really? Yeesh.
How massive was it?
He pretty much kicked the crap out of the Super Skrull. And although it's besides the point, Skyfathers like Zeus have had their hands full and been given pause when fighting high to mid heralds, e.g. Zeus vs. Thor.
/B] Not really it took Thor and BRB to put that Skrull down point is getting hurt and needing help with a Superskrull = not skyfather

I mean how many battle feat does Odin force Thor has? and already he has two bad showings.

id369

Lengthy? He nearly died from 4 direct hits?

Newjak
edit:

nevermind

OneDumbG0
Not really it took Thor and BRB to put that Skrull down point is getting hurt and needing help with a Superskrull = not skyfather

I mean how many battle feat does Odin force Thor has? and already he has two bad showings. Exactly how much help did BRB give Thor in the fight? Are you talking about when Thor decided to become Donald Blake to go doctoring in Broxton and lent BRB Mjolnir to fight in his place? Because once Thor came back, BRB was pretty much down on the ground the whole time Thor started beating on the Super Skrull. Did you read it wrong?

Zeus stalemated with classic Thor for a whole comic and classic Thor still wouldn't give up. Does that automatically negate his status as a skyfather? No. So how does kicking the crap out of a Superskrull in a few pages prevent Thor from being a skyfather?

And Rulk = puke.

kgkg
Exactly how much help did BRB give Thor in the fight? Are you talking about when Thor decided to become Donald Blake to go doctoring in Broxton and lent BRB Mjolnir to fight in his place? Because once Thor came back, BRB was pretty much down on the ground the whole time Thor started beating on the Super Skrull. Did you read it wrong? BRB was down when Blake came back then Skrull and Thor started fighting I will post the scan again

Not only did the Skrull fight brb after he had thor locked down till help came
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9215/thordur1ad6.th.jpg

now Thor vs Skrull
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5744/40892606cp8.th.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8577/31233668vi2.th.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2559/18287728no2.th.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3985/16468538ny2.th.jpg

See the Skrull is fine and up till the very end just before Asgard starts to fall and you also see BRB with thor

Zeus is a bad example that an extremely low showing for him

what prevents Thor from being skyfather level is lack of feats and few bad showing like I posted above this would be fine he had more feats to gauge his level

Like i said before is it a possibility that thor is skyfather? Sure
Has he shown he deserves to be called one? Nope not yet

Going by high end feat we might as well call Surfer cosmic level

DarkOdin
BRB was down when Blake came back then Skrull and Thor started fighting I will post the scan again

Not only did the Skrull fight brb after he had thor locked down till help came
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/9215/thordur1ad6.th.jpg

True but the only thing the efect Thor was the comic flames that came from stormbreaker that hurt Thor. Thor was a little ahead before that

now Thor vs Skrull
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5744/40892606cp8.th.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8577/31233668vi2.th.jpg
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2559/18287728no2.th.jpg
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/3985/16468538ny2.th.jpg

See the Skrull is fine and up till the very end just before Asgard starts to fall and you also see BRB with thor

Hardy fine the sword sticking out of it chest seems to hurt not to mention the blast Thor took when he stoped stormbreaker was huge.

Agreed but is was not a low showing for Zeus imo he was playing with Thor and just teaching him a lesson.

what prevents Thor from being skyfather level is lack of feats and few bad showing like I posted above this would be fine he had more feats to gauge his level

Well i halfway agree other then the Bor fight Thor has no combat feats to support him be a skyfather. But some of his other like i mention ealry are more then worthy

Going by high end feat we might as well call Surfer cosmic level

Well this is a little much lol

OneDumbG0
BRB was down when Blake came back then Skrull and Thor started fighting I will post the scan again

Not only did the Skrull fight brb after he had thor locked down till help cameYou're incorrect. Beta Ray Bill was getting pummeled mightily when Thor returned. He never gets up to help Thor in the fight once Thor enters the scene. BRB only gets back up when Thor gives him back Stormbreaker. Look at your own scans.
See the Skrull is fine and up till the very end just before Asgard starts to fall and you also see BRB with thorYou call this fine:

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/3299/sithor03zonemeganpg11mr5.th.jpghttp://img134.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5744/40892606cp8.th.jpg http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8577/31233668vi2.th.jpg

Looks like the last gasp of a dying animal. She throws away her only weapon to try and destroy Broxton out of spite and manages to pound on the Warrior's Three for a minute before Thor comes back again and pounds her. Thor was the one who dropped Asgard on her, not Beta Ray Bill. Nowhere does Beta Ray Bill help Thor in his fight.

Going by high end feat we might as well call Surfer cosmic level And it doesn't stop him from being a skyfather. And for you to use Rulk = thumb down And then you go on about Thor kicking the crap out the Superskrull in a few pages as if it's a low feat.

Only two feats you need in light of his fight with Bor, the father of Odin: Thor recreating the entirety of Asgard from thin air. Thor keeping Asgard perpetually levitating, even when he's knocked unconscious after freeing the Asgardians, even when he enters the Odinsleep, even when he nearly gets killed fighting Bor. Take that together with him taking a full-on Destroyer blast (something that killed him in one shot before), fighting Surtur without looking like a gnat (which he used to be), and the obvious fact that he possesses Odin's power and he's definitely well past top tier.

Starscream M
he's definitely well past top tier. he got owned by rulk though.

OneDumbG0
^ Let's face it. We all got owned by Rulk. And not in a good way.

Mekrob
no expression Really? Yeesh.
How massive was it?
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SilverSurfer-v4-013-14.jpg

And I'm not sure how keeping Asgard up means anything really...

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mekrob
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/SilverSurfer-v4-013-14.jpg

And I'm not sure how keeping Asgard up means anything really... Perhaps I'm a little bit jaded from other people misrepresenting scans. But it looks like he just pushes the ship away from the Earth out of its orbit and then heads back to heal the planet after it's gone:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2849/ssvsmarduk3hu0.th.jpg http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/158/ssplanetearthlm0.th.jpg http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8282/ssplanetearth1by8.th.jpg

Keeping Asgard perpetually levitated unless he says "Fall," means that he has power that he can spare at all times. Even when he is on the brink of death. And this power isn't separate from himself. I'm sure that Dr. Strange could ask the Vishanti to power a spell to keep his mansion guarded at all times, but that isn't Strange's personal power, it's a skyfather's power, power a skyfather can spare.

This. This is Thor's power now. He doesn't request any power other than that which is within him now, the Odinforce. You want to argue that, it's fine. Let me ask you, who can materialize the entirety of Asgard out of thin air? He didn't just summon it from where it was resting in another dimension. He completely rebuilt it, down to every brick, stone, treasure piece and tree... from thin air of his own personal power. Who does that?

Slaanesh
surfer healing a planet >> summoning asgard..

OneDumbG0
Thor healing Galactus > Surfer healing planet?

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_ThorMjolnir92e-Power.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_ThorMjolnir92f-Power.jpg

Naija boy

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_ThorMjolnir92e-Power.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/th_ThorMjolnir92f-Power.jpg

Er thor doesnt really sem to know whats going on on that scan and rather seems to just be providing a power source for the tech which is doing the actual healing. Also surfer didnt actually just heal the planet, he evolved it by billions of years. though i really dont know where all this is leading anyways.

OneDumbG0
^ The tech channeled Mjolnir's and Thor's own power and combined it with Galactus' self-healing processes. That's all the tech did. It was only powered by Mjolnir, and much to Thor's dismay, powered by Thor's own energies. So considering classic Thor had the power output to heal an Abstract entity...

I don't really know where all this is leading anyway either. Current Thor isn't your father's thunder god. He's got feats that skyrocket him past his old incarnation. An old incarnation that had his own fair share of amazing feats and was able to match skyfathers. Current Thor isn't just a top-tier.

janus77
looks like Thor's mallet simply acts as the spark-plug... the healing energies being both within and without Galactus.

also, Surfer has both healed Thor and, according to Thor, almost killed him with a nonchallant blast ...

as for the Asgard thing, it's simply Thor hooking it upto the Odinforce, as far as I can tell ... Thor accesses this source of power, but he doesn't have it fully, he can provide other things with access to it too (as an example, his hammer is more powerful than he is, it better channels the Odinforce and it is tougher to overcome than himself).

OneDumbG0
looks like Thor's mallet simply acts as the spark-plug... the healing energies being both within and without Galactus.

also, Surfer has both healed Thor and, according to Thor, almost killed him with a nonchallant blast ...

as for the Asgard thing, it's simply Thor hooking it upto the Odinforce, as far as I can tell ... Thor accesses this source of power, but he doesn't have it fully, he can provide other things with access to it too (as an example, his hammer is more powerful than he is, it better channels the Odinforce and it is tougher to overcome than himself). Galactus was shrinking at a geometric rate. He had no energies to heal himself with. The only power source was Thor and Mjolnir. That's it.

Thor has pretty much appeared superior to Surfer in nearly every one of their encounters.

Where else does the Odinforce reside other than Thor? If someone wanted to steal it, where would they steal it from? Thor was always more than Mjolnir. I shouldn't have to post scans to prove this.

gogogadgetgo
He completely rebuilt it, down to every brick, stone, treasure piece and tree... from thin air of his own personal power. Who does that?

no he didn't. there's no rainbow bridge laughing out loud

Naija boy
Galactus was shrinking at a geometric rate. He had no energies to heal himself with. The only power source was Thor and Mjolnir. That's it.

Hmm. What i seem to grasp from the scan is that thors lifeforce provided the energy for galactus' self healing process. Now thats impressive but i dont think it really tells us that much about thors poweroutput. For one galactus has shown that he can replenish himself from the lifeforce of regular humans. Thors lifeforce is exponentially stronger than that of humans and hence he was able to use it to replenish galactus. Obviously very impressive but given the context i dont think the statement about thors power output being able to power an abstract being is a 100 percent accurate.

Enyalus

Just wanna say that Thor w/ Odinforce kinda does have Heat Vision. As King Thor he used it to completely annihilate Wolverine, even bending his adamantium skeleton with the force.

janus77
Galactus was shrinking at a geometric rate. He had no energies to heal himself with. The only power source was Thor and Mjolnir. That's it.

Thor has pretty much appeared superior to Surfer in nearly every one of their encounters.

Where else does the Odinforce reside other than Thor? If someone wanted to steal it, where would they steal it from? Thor was always more than Mjolnir. I shouldn't have to post scans to prove this.
I don't think Galactus' size means anything much really, he isn't even in the form that we see him... it's just an illusion.

what I see in the scan is Thor's mallet acting as a spark, nothing more than that.

as regards the Odinforce, I was always under the impression that it was a mystical force to which Thor was connected, like Surfer and the Power Cosmic. the force/source is external, but they can absorb an amount within themselves, can channel and use more from without ...

just as mjolnir's powered by Odinforce, so Asgard is maintained by it, but Thor has a greater access to and capacity to manipulate, that force. he's not the origin of it.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
no he didn't. there's no rainbow bridge laughing out loud uhuh
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hmm. What i seem to grasp from the scan is that thors lifeforce provided the energy for galactus' self healing process. Now thats impressive but i dont think it really tells us that much about thors poweroutput. For one galactus has shown that he can replenish himself from the lifeforce of regular humans. Thors lifeforce is exponentially stronger than that of humans and hence he was able to use it to replenish galactus. Obviously very impressive but given the context i dont think the statement about thors power output being able to power an abstract being is a 100 percent accurate. I never said he could power an abstract being. I said Thor healed Galactus in response to people pointing out that Surfer healed Earth.
what I see in the scan is Thor's mallet acting as a spark, nothing more than that.

as regards the Odinforce, I was always under the impression that it was a mystical force to which Thor was connected, like Surfer and the Power Cosmic. the force/source is external, but they can absorb an amount within themselves, can channel and use more from without ...

just as mjolnir's powered by Odinforce, so Asgard is maintained by it, but Thor has a greater access to and capacity to manipulate, that force. he's not the origin of it. Galactus was dying. Simple as that. You're trying to analogize Galactus as being some kerosene soaked woodpile and Thor throws a match on it. That's not what happened at all. Galactus was a spent feul tank and Thor was the gas. The machine was the fuel pump.

As I understand it, the Surfer isn't connected to the Power Cosmic like Quasar is connected to the Quantum Zone or the Green Lanterns are connected to the Central Power Battery. There is no single one store of Power Cosmic from which he draws on. Surfer wields the Power Cosmic from within himself as do all the other PC-wielders. Likewise, there is no mystical dimension where the Odinforce is stored. Odin had it. Thor has it. If you steal it from him, it's yours. You can imbue items with Odinforce, but that comes at a personal expense. You don't open a door into a dimension and let that energy flow into an item. That's not how Odin powered Thor's armor against Thanos. That's not how Odin imbued Mjolnir or Stormbreaker. Thor doesn't call on the Vishanti for Odinforce. Thor just draws it out from himself. It's a personal power.

Naija boy
uhuh
I never said he could power an abstract being. I said Thor healed Galactus in response to people pointing out that Surfer healed Earth.

Understood.

darthgoober

That's definitely impressive and a good case could likely be made about healing Galactus being a more impressive feat than evolving a planet(so don't think I'm arguing), but I just wanted to point out that Surfer's has comparable feats even to that...

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5060/silversurfer199611906vt9.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5323/silversurfer199611907qi0.jpg

Healing a dying Watcher with a touch might not be QUITE as impressive as healing Galactus depending on who you ask, but it definitely ranks right up there IMO.

Naija boy
Originally posted by darthgoober
That's definitely impressive and a good case could likely be made about healing Galactus being a more impressive feat than evolving a planet(so don't think I'm arguing), but I just wanted to point out that Surfer's has comparable feats even to that...

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5060/silversurfer199611906vt9.jpg
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5323/silversurfer199611907qi0.jpg

Healing a dying Watcher with a touch might not be QUITE as impressive as healing Galactus depending on who you ask, but it definitely ranks right up there IMO.

Entirely forgot about that watcher feat.And yeah its definitely comparable to thors feat ( so is the evolving planet feat imo).

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
Entirely forgot about that watcher feat.And yeah its definitely comparable to thors feat ( so is the evolving planet feat imo).

Yeah, a watcher and Galactus.

Real comparable.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Yeah, a watcher and Galactus.

Real comparable.

Thats not all there is to the feats. Galactus actually can derive sustenance from the lifeforces of humans( though it has to be a large amount of them) and so considering that thors lifeforce is far more potent than that of a human (the potency can be seen in the godblast) he was able to use it to rejuvenate himself. Very Impressive but thor was assited by machine and it was made possible because of the nature of galactus. On the other hand the watcher was dying and surfer used his energies to purge and rejuvenate him with no strings attached.

So in essence the two feats are not actually analogous but are each comparably impressive in their own right . Thors feat shows the potency of his lifeforce while surfers feat shows his high level energy manipulation abilities.

Enyalus
Why has this gone on for 8 pages?

Bor wins. Pretty easily. C'mon people...

iceman24567
Nah i disagree Surfer wins.

janus77
Surfer healed Thor iirc, which should trump any and all quibbling about the greater "healing" feat*.

*Thor's energies (and more importantly, Mjolnir's powers) were taken by the machine to enable a process within Galactus to be kick-started.

D_Dude1210
I haven't read that much about Bor. Has he shown any energy/ranged manipulation powers that would allow him to fight the SS?

Unlike Thor, Surfer doesn't fight H2H so it's entirely possible for him to use his speed and Cosmic blasts to pummel Bor from max range.

OneDumbG0
Surfer healed Thor iirc, which should trump any and all quibbling about the greater "healing" feat*.

*Thor's energies (and more importantly, Mjolnir's powers) were taken by the machine to enable a process within Galactus to be kick-started. So if you punch a wall and it crumbles to dust, and I punch a door and it cracks, and then I punch you and make your nose bleed, my punch trumps yours?

There is no kick-starting. Galactus was so starved, he started feeding on himself. Which is why he was shrinking. You can't kickstart anything on the inside if there's nothing to work with. It's not like Galactus' ability to heal himself was turned off in that story-arc. He literally was so starved, he began eating himself. He fed off of Thor's energies to heal himself. He didn't use Thor's energies to flip an on/off switch within himself.

And Thor has ALWAYS had far more energy than Mjolnir. Mjolnir, (reinforced with the Belt of Strength, mind you), blew up when Thor unleashed his god-blast.

id369
I have a question regarding Thor.

Does Worrier Madness actually increase its strength 10 fold?

Did Silver Surfer disintegrate Thor in this scan?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Cuo-sama/SS.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>