How heroic is Spider-man?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Wanna hear what you guys think.
Yes, Spider-man fights crime.
Yes, he saves people all the time.
But would he sacrifice himself for another person?
Here's an example, Hammerhead (or some other lame supervillain) shoots some homeless drunk. Spider-man can react in time to save the guy by taking the bullet himself. Will he do that?

jalek moye
doubtful, but it also depends. spidey normally wouldnt give his life for a random person he try to hit the bullet with a web or pull the guy towards him.

most heors wouldn't give their lifes for a random person except maybe supes and cap and a few others. Taking pain sure almost all would do that much, but as for dying not many

Tommy Jarvis
I believe that he's very heroic, but part of him is doing it for his uncle, and the other part for the notoriety he never had as Peter Parker. He was bullied, picked on, and everything else in high school, so now that he has these powers and people know he is, he wants to captilize on it. He wants to be known, hence why sometimes he can be seen as showing off.

On the other hand, he has those keywords from his uncle roaming around his head ("With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility"wink and hence he tries to help people to the best of his ability.

I think it all comes down to maturity in the end. Once he becomes more mature and older, he'll grow out of wanting to be known, and will be more focused on being the best hero possible, me thinks.

SamZED
I dont think he does that for his uncle, its just his uncle's death made him realise the concequences of his actions. So he doesn't want something like that happen to anyone ever again.

Tommy Jarvis
That's sort of what I meant...but because of what happened to his uncle, he also understands the pain that comes with the loss of someone close to him, so he may also be out to prevent it from happening to anyone else.

jalek moye
he wouldn't die for anything short of his aunt, one of his friends, or the entire city.

SamZED
I remember a book where Spider-man and and a girl he tried to save almost died from explosion. On the other side (or whatever they were) Peter met Thanos and Death and as far as I remember tried to convince them to release her if he stays. At least that's how i remember it, not sure. Read it many months ago.

steverules_2
Originally posted by SamZED
Here's an example, Hammerhead (or some other lame supervillain) shoots some homeless drunk. Spider-man can react in time to save the guy by taking the bullet himself. Will he do that?

Why would hammerhead shoot a drunk dude? erm

SamZED
Originally posted by steverules_2
Why would hammerhead shoot a drunk dude? erm
Read the post! Because he's a lame villain! stick out tongue

steverules_2
Spiderman would just use his webbing and you know it misterahah

Toku King
Spider-man can react in time to save the guy by taking the bullet himself. Will he do that?

Yes.

SamZED
Spiderman would just use his webbing and you know it misterahah His webshooters are broken.evil face

Originally posted by Toku King
Yes. I think so too. He has this "I wont let anyone ever get hurt again because Spider-man failed to act" thing going on.

steverules_2
His webshooters are broken.evil face

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT KIND OF A MONSTER ARE YOU!?!?!?!?! ha-son

stick out tongue

Final Blaxican

Civil War. When Peter first gets the armor from Tony.

SamZED
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT KIND OF A MONSTER ARE YOU!?!?!?!?! ha-son

stick out tongue laughing out loud

evil face

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Civil War. When Peter first gets the armor from Tony.
He knew that the suit was bulletproofsad Got any other examples?

jalek moye
I see him not doing it, i dont think he'd really think like that he'd probbly try to puch him out of the way or somrthing and fail. Now the question would he kill the guy for killing the random person right in front of him?

SamZED
No, he wouldn't. Osborn is still alive, right? Not to mention that Spider-man would never EVER kill anyone on purpose. And on topic, If Peter is forced to choose to either save a life at the cost of his own or to let an innocent person die i'm pretty sure he wouldn't hesitate for a second and choose the first option.

jalek moye
lol i know that but he did say he would kill kingpin if may would have died.

I hope he does kill or atleats beat osborn half to death at the end of dark reign

SamZED
Originally posted by jalek moye
lol i know that but he did say he would kill kingpin if may would have died. Yeah and that was badass I must say smokin' But he was probably BSing.

I hope he does kill or atleats beat osborn half to death at the end of dark reign That I'd love to see.big grin

jalek moye
Yeah and that was badass I must say smokin' But he was probably BSing.
'
do you seriously think he wouldn't have.

I'm pretty sure that may and mary jane at the time were the only two people he wuld kill someone for. Like if she would have died and mephisto wouldn't help him he probbly would kill kingpin i could also see him willing going to jail like in his what if

SamZED
'
do you seriously think he wouldn't have.

I'm pretty sure that may and mary jane at the time were the only two people he wuld kill someone for. Like if she would have died and mephisto wouldn't help him he probbly would kill kingpin i could also see him willing going to jail like in his what if Im sure he wouldn't have. At first I actually wanted to see Peter rip him apart, but later realised that it would have ruined the character. The thing about Spider-man no matter how many people he cares about die he never goes Punisher. For some reason I tought of that while reading ultimate clone saga. erm

jalek moye
i think he wouldn't go back to do it. but if she had died on the spot i think he would've killed him

Final Blaxican
He knew that the suit was bulletproofsad Got any other examples?

He was surprised when it happened, was he not?

SamZED
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
He was surprised when it happened, was he not?
Not really. But he scared the crap outta guy that shot him.

SamZED
I guess that kinda answers the question of this thread...

http://s45.radikal.ru/i108/0904/63/8c929ce57974.jpg

http://i040.radikal.ru/0904/fe/302b53afd04d.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.