Jedi and Siths Vs Marvel moviesheroes and villians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vvendeta
a royal fight between them, which character will prevail?
and aTeam fight, which group will win?

You can use any character at his maximum power

Marvel movies that i remember

Hulk/abomination
Spiderman/Green Gobling/Octopus/Venom/Sand man/new Gobling
Ironman
Dare devil
All the X men

etc

Rogue Jedi
You have to be more specific. Which Jedi? Which Sith?

Robtard
Xavier and Jean Grey/Phoenix FTW.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

jinXed by JaNx
Other than Phoenix, those are all very weak opponents for the Jedi. Jedi and Sith would tear through the X-men, Hulk, Daredevil, Ironman and Spiderman.

Jean may be able to knock out any movie Jedi or Sith though.

Robtard
Xavier's weak? He can mind-rape a multitude of people with just a thought and at the speed of a thought. He's probably more than enough.

Darth Martin
Listed from most powerful to least taking in Force mastery and lightsaber skills.

ROTJ Emperor Palpatine
ROTS Yoda
ROTS Mace Windu
ROTJ Darth Vader
ROTS Darth Tyranus
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi
TPM Darth Maul
TPM Qui-Gon Jinn

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Robtard
Xavier's weak? He can mind-rape a multitude of people with just a thought and at the speed of a thought. He's probably more than enough.

I never saw him do that in the movie's. In fact, without the aid of cerebro, Xavier didn't do much of anything.

Robtard
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I never saw him do that in the movie's. In fact, without the aid of cerebro, Xavier didn't do much of anything.

You obviously didn't pay any ****ing attention, then, in fact.

In X1, he mind-controlled Sabretooth and possibly Toad.

X2, he freezes everyone in the shopping mall and tampers with/rewrites their memories.

X3, he was powerful enough to holdback Phoenix for a bit.

Dr Will Hatch
Palpatine lifts them all into orbit where they perish.

Placidity
Marvel will win easily...

Characters that matter... (not in any particular order)

1. Sue Storm - Shields/Bubble in the brain.^

2. Human Torch - Super Nova^

3. Silver Surfer - Power Cosmic^

4. Dr Doom - Lightning Blasts (If Jedi get close though, he will get diced)

5. Cyclops - Same deal as above.

6. Xavier - Mind Rape^

7. Dark Phoenix - Molecular Control/Telekinesis^

8. Magneto - Rape them with flying metals, possibly destroy their lightsabers if they have metal in them.

9. Pyro - Flames seem to be a weakness of Jedi as it can't be deflected. Pyro has a very large range.

10. Sandman - Jedi/Sith have absolutely NO defense.^

11. David Banner/Absorbing Man - Again, no defense against him at all.^

12. Hulk/Abomination - Will eventually get diced, but will serve as a distraction for awhile and if the Jedi/Sith don't pay due attention to them, there will be flesh splattered everywhere.

13. Juggernaut - Can he be hurt? At least not while he is running.^

14. Galactus - Will eat them.^

^ Has the potential to solo them.

Robtard
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Palpatine lifts them all into orbit where they perish.

Palpatine has shown to have an ability of this magnitude in the movies?

Also, this ignorantly assumes that none of them will be using their varied range attacks against him whilst he's doing this not-seen in the movies feat.

Dr Will Hatch
Palpatine has shown to have an ability of this magnitude in the movies?

Also, this ignorantly assumes that none of them will be using their varied range attacks against him whilst he's doing this not-seen in the movies feat. He senses everything and prepares contingencies for each. The only problem he would have is with Charles and the Phoenix, the rest are ass raped. Even storm cloud Galactus. cool

The reason he got beat in ROTJ is because Luke was stronger than him in the Force and influencing the battle. Otherwise Palps was near omnipotent.

Robtard
He senses everything and prepares contingencies for each. The only problem he would have is with Charles and the Phoenix, the rest are ass raped. Even storm cloud Galactus. cool

The reason he got beat in ROTJ is because Luke was stronger than him in the Force and influencing the battle. Otherwise Palps was near omnipotent.

Galactus destroys worlds, Palpatine has never shown this level of power.

Wild assumptions, as Palpatine was raping Luke with his little lightning attack.

Placidity
He senses everything and prepares contingencies for each. The only problem he would have is with Charles and the Phoenix, the rest are ass raped. Even storm cloud Galactus. cool

Are you talking about your version of the movie that no one else has seen?

Dr Will Hatch

Wild assumptions, as Palpatine was raping Luke with his little lightning attack. He can create blackholes, or at the very least control black holes. He can destroy Galactus.

Until we know what The Forces limitations are, it is basically limitless. I'm within my rights to speculate and theorize on Palpatines power levels.

Robtard
He can create blackholes, or at the very least control black holes. He can destroy Galactus.

Until we know what The Forces limitations are, it is basically limitless. I'm within my rights to speculate and theorize on Palpatines power levels.

Not in the films, which is what the MOVIE Vs. forum is about.

LoL, don't be a rediculous SW fanboy.

Dr Will Hatch
I'm not. I admit that 616 Dr Doom would probably beat the Empire, so would Reed Richards and maybe even Tony Stark or Batman(they would all have to use ysalamiri or develop and an artificial Force nullifier). Until that point though, we just don't know how powerful the Force is. I mean, it's supposed to permeate EVERYTHING, who's to say it can't do shit against superpowers?

Placidity
Not in the films, which is what the MOVIE Vs. forum is about.

LoL, don't be a rediculous SW fanboy.

Do you think he has surpassed RJ's level of fanboyism? I'm not sure, but damnit, he's trying.

Placidity
I'm not. I admit that 616 Dr Doom would probably beat the Empire, so would Reed Richards and maybe even Tony Stark or Batman(they would all have to use ysalamiri or develop and an artificial Force nullifier). Until that point though, we just don't know how powerful the Force is. I mean, it's supposed to permeate EVERYTHING, who's to say it can't do shit against superpowers?

Why don't you go do this in the Star Wars forum, because frankly this is called the MOVIE VERSUS FORUM for a reason.

Dr Will Hatch
I'll limit myself to three SW related posts in this forum a day.

Robtard

Because this movie vs. forum has a 'seen in the movies' rule for that very reason, or else anyone could just assume shit all day long.

E.G. Who's to say that Xavier can't kill every living thing in the universe with Cerebro via mind-****?

E.G. Or to even get more ridiculous. Who's to say that Nightcrawler's blue skin doesn't make him Force proof?

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Do you think he has surpassed RJ's level of fanboyism? I'm not sure, but damnit, he's trying.

He is trying, he even invoked the "who's to say" tactic.

Dr Will Hatch
^Because Charles' psionic ability is clearly outlined and shown its limitations in the films and the comics. The Force does not necessarily have limits.

Placidity
^Because Charles' psionic ability is clearly outlined and shown its limitations in the films and the comics. The Force does not necessarily have limits.

Oh snap. But but, you still can't counter the argument that blue-skinned folks have force resistance - Ha!

Robtard

Wrong, again.

It's stated in the films that Xavier with Cerebro can affect everyone on the planet; that's 6+ billion living beings, so "who's to say" he couldn't do more?

Dr Will Hatch
It's ridiculous, that's why.

Robtard
It's ridiculous, that's why.

Using your logic, I agree. So let's stick to the forum rules of 'seen in the movies.'

Dr Will Hatch
You can't seperate SW from the books and comics.

Robtard
You can't seperate SW from the books and comics.

Wrong, again.

Go with what's seen in ONLY the movies, that easy.

People separate super-heroes from the comics and books with ease.

E.G. Movie Hulk didn't lift a mountain, ergo movie Hulk doesn't have that level of strength.

Dr Will Hatch
So if a movie featuring a wizard holds back, he is ranked a mid carder? The Force has to be taken on its own terms and what it is capable of, which is currently indefinite.

Robtard
So if a movie featuring a wizard holds back, he is ranked a mid carder? The Force has to be taken on its own terms and what it is capable of, which is currently indefinite.

Only to silly fanboys who can't realized that the Force has limits, or at least what people can do with it, as the Jedi/Sith definitely have their limits and can't just "do anything."

Edit: To answer your question, if some wizard didn't use his magic-powers to destroy a universe, you can debate that the wizard in question could destory the universe with his magic.

Dr Will Hatch
You just showed your anti SW bias. You yourself said you've never picked up a book or comic, so how do you know? Where has it been demonstrated that the Force has limits?

Robtard
You just showed your anti SW bias. You yourself said you've never picked up a book or comic, so how do you know? Where has it been demonstrated that the Force has limits?

In the ****ing movies, which is what this ****ing "movie vs" forum us about. That way anyone who's seen a movie can debate and they don't have to rely on outside material.

Not anti SW, as I am a SW fan. I am anti-starwars-fanboy-idiocy though.

Dr Will Hatch
Then you can't argue in favor of a wizard who holds back than, you are relying on the outside material of pure logic.

Robtard
What? Would this be you assuming (again) that said wizard is just holding back? E.G. Voldermot can't magic himself into Jesus-God, as that level of magic-power isn't seen in the movies.

Seriously, dude, you've got nothing, so just stick to forum rules, Palpatine can't just do anything because you want him to.

'Seen in the movie's and apply logic accordingly.

Dr Will Hatch
The magic in the HP movies and books are about the same, and there isn't a reason to believe that the magic in either is capable of anything on a cosmic level. The Force is a construct poorly defined in the movies. Yoda didn't say the Force was capable of just telekinesis and a few other tricks, he said that it was capable of practically anything. The books show this, and hell, not even they show the full potential of the Force. Maybe a strong enough Sith could wipe the floor with Galactus, there was one who ate planets too.

Robtard
Back to square one, the SW books and comics don't count here. So your "Force users can do anything" is just nonsense, as Force users in the films do have limits.

Placidity
Maybe a strong enough Sith could wipe the floor with Galactus, there was one who ate planets too.

Why MAYBE? The force is limitless and can do anything (according to you). Heck by extension, any force user is practically God.

Dr Will Hatch
Some are stronger than others. Luke, Palps, Yoda and Vader were all uber powerful, multitudes more so than any other Jedi or Sith in the movies and most of the EU.

OK, you want proof. Riddle me this: How is it that Jedi Knights and Masters went from being able to deflect thousands of blaster bolts at a time(in the movies mind you) and untold amounts of droids and other enemies without breaking a sweat, but then were knocked over by stormtroopers: the ultimate poor shooters?

Placidity

OK, you want proof. Riddle me this: How is it that Jedi Knights and Masters went from being able to deflect thousands of blaster bolts at a time(in the movies mind you) and untold amounts of droids and other enemies without breaking a sweat, but then were knocked over by stormtroopers: the ultimate poor shooters?

Um, Jedi have never deflected thousands of blaster bolts at a time.

Robtard
Some are stronger than others. Luke, Palps, Yoda and Vader were all uber powerful, multitudes more so than any other Jedi or Sith in the movies and most of the EU.

Thousands? Not at any moment in the movies did any Jedi deflect "thousands" of blast, they would have been moving at blurring speeds if so.They only deflected the ones that actually would have hit them at any given time. Even then, Jedi did get shot and killed, the pit-fight scene in AOTC is a perfect example of Jedi Force and their limits.

Maybe because Jedi are not all powerful and Force-users definitely have their limits, that makes the most sense. Thanks for killing your own argument, I was tiring of rebutting the same failed points over and over again.

Dr Will Hatch
It might as well have been thousands, they deflected each one. The book describes Obi Wan deflecting thousands.

Robtard
It might as well have been thousands, they deflected each one. The book describes Obi Wan deflecting thousands.

Are you acting stupid on purpose? Jedi did die from blaster fire and they would have all died had Yoda not come along with the Clone units.

Again, the books don't count, just stop with the idiocy.

Dr Will Hatch
They died because Palpatine overwhelmed them with the Dark Side. Palpatine was so overwhelmingly powerful that he, for all intents and purposes, drained the Jedi of their power with his malicious intent. It's a perfectly logical interpretation when you try and delve into the nature of the Force(When was speculation banned?).

Placidity
They died because Palpatine overwhelmed them with the Dark Side. Palpatine was so overwhelmingly powerful that he, for all intents and purposes, drained the Jedi of their power with his malicious intent. It's a perfectly logical interpretation when you try and delve into the nature of the Force(When was speculation banned?).

BAHAHAHAHA.... I wanted to quote specific phrases that were particularly hilarious, but your whole post was an epic joke. laughing

Final Blaxican
Actually the novels and the movies themselves confirm that, to an extent.

Palpatine had literally put, basically, a cloud in the force that made it hard as **** for a Jedi's precognition and telepathy to work right.

"Hard to see, the future is."

How else do you think he managed to hide his identity from a bunch of mind readers, for over ten freakin' years?

But no, one Jedi can not physically deflect thousands of blaster bolts at one time.

Closest thing to to that is Ganner Rhysode holding off an army of thousands by himself, though that's a special condition as he was fatally dying and wasting away and it was a last burst of force badassery before his bulb went out, and Obi-Wan standing in one spot and deflecting blaster fire from 50+ droids byhimself for half an hour. He was tripping out from the drug fumes though, another special confition. (Also both EU)

And then there's Obi-Wan's fighting off Greivous with his "20 strikes per second".

Never "thousands".

Blinky
SW fanboys will swear up and down that a Jedi or Sith could force choke The Hulk or even Superman, just because they are using the force... which is apparently "beyond" ANY physical force.

Which is complete and utter BULLSHIT.
WAKE THE **** UP! Jedi's in the movies have LIMITS or Obi-Wan would have force pushed the death-star into a ****ing black hole. Otherwise Obi-wan and F*g-boy would have ****ing wiped the floor with the gay tiger-spider and giant mantis in AOTC. Or Luke would have force choked the Rancor while simutaneously using force hold/push to shove that big bone up the Rancor's ass. The list goes on and on.

Final Blaxican
Your post is technically true. But your examples are shady.

Superman or the Hulk does not equal a death star in size or weight... thus that example sucks.

And besides, it's all PIS anyway. I could argue that obviously Superman isn't all that because eh should to deal with any situation in seconds seeing as how he's faster than light, but he doesn't.

PIS. You need better examples.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Blinky
SW fanboys will swear up and down that a Jedi or Sith could force choke The Hulk or even Superman, just because they are using the force... which is apparently "beyond" ANY physical force.

Which is complete and utter BULLSHIT.
Prove it.

KingD19
Movie Jedi/Sith, lose to Marvel. True Palpatine was incredibly powerful, but without his lightsaber, he automatically loses to a few people. Storm(immune to lightning), Colossus(Immune), both Hulks, Juggs, Kitty, Iceman, Pyro. Basically I'm saying that because of the limits shown in the both movies, Marvel wins simply because they showed greater power. The largest things moved in the Star Wars movies were an X-Wing, some senate pods, and that thing that Yoda held from falling on Anakin. Magneto flipped trucks, and moved the entire golden gate bridge. He could stop bullets, which meant he could more than likely stop electricity, since it falls into the electromagnetic spectrum, which he has vast control of. Now the choking of Hulk and Superman could happen, but it wouldn't do much for long.

Actually, Storm could solo it, just fly up a few feet, then bring down the lightning.

Rogue Jedi
As far as a Jedi force choking The Hulk, think about it. the Hulk is basicaly a big ass retard. All a Jedi has to do is use a mind trick on him, which would be incredibly easy, force choke the life out of him, badaboom, dead Hulk.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Movie Jedi/Sith, lose to Marvel. True Palpatine was incredibly powerful, but without his lightsaber, he automatically loses to a few people. Storm(immune to lightning), Colossus(Immune), both Hulks, Juggs, Kitty, Iceman, Pyro. Basically I'm saying that because of the limits shown in the both movies, Marvel wins simply because they showed greater power. The largest things moved in the Star Wars movies were an X-Wing, some senate pods, and that thing that Yoda held from falling on Anakin. Magneto flipped trucks, and moved the entire golden gate bridge. He could stop bullets, which meant he could more than likely stop electricity, since it falls into the electromagnetic spectrum, which he has vast control of. Now the choking of Hulk and Superman could happen, but it wouldn't do much for long.

Actually, Storm could solo it, just fly up a few feet, then bring down the lightning.

Nar ah. The force can do anything, Palpatine can just will Storm to die instantly. Never been shown, but doesn't mean he can't do it. Well, why didn't he do it in the movies? PIS.

Final Blaxican

Storm has her neck snapped with the force and/or is just chocked to death.

Collosus is chocked to death. He can't survive in space because he needs air. Also, a fully metalic body means he'd make a great conductor...

Hulk only weighs a bout a ton or two max. Eiither Yoda or Sideous can lift him into the air and once he's in the air he has no leverage, meaning all that strength is useless. He is suffocated until he passes out.

Juggs loses same way as Huc.

Kitty has a good shot of surviving a lot of battles. Don't think there's a way to take her out.

Pyro gets blasted with lightning or chocked to death. He's a regular human with only regular human durability and speed.

Iceman same thing, though he'd be tougher to deal with.

Magneto doesn't have control of the EMS in the movies, only the comics, meaning he only controls metal. Besides force lightning is just that, force lightning. It isn't apart of the EMS anyway. Magneto gets chocked to death and/or zapped.

None of the people you listed would do very well against the top tier jedi except for Kitty Pride, and even that's a stretch, as she only has human level speed. Not even peak human.

Despite the overwhelming purposeful bias against starwars in this forum, there are only a few marvel movie characters that can stand up to even movie jedi.

Spiderman(only against jedi not sith), Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, Jean Grey, Professor Xavier, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, Black Heart.

Only ones I can think of off the top of the head, I think there's at least two more but I can't remember their names.

Aside from that, the movie incarnations of the remaining marvel characters are, to be frank, "insignificant compared to the power of the force".

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

Collosus is chocked to death. He can't survive in space because he needs air. Also, a fully metalic body means he'd make a great conductor...

Hulk only weighs a bout a ton or two max. Eiither Yoda or Sideous can lift him into the air and once he's in the air he has no leverage, meaning all that strength is useless. He is suffocated until he passes out.

Juggs loses same way as Huc.

Kitty has a good shot of surviving a lot of battles. Don't think there's a way to take her out.

Whats this about being in space?

Final Blaxican
It's an example.

A poorly thought out one. For some reason I Was thinking that this thread was the vs. death star one... I'm an idiot.

Basically, in the comics at least even Collosus needs to breathe. There is nothing in the movies that points to the contradictory, so I'm assuming that that holds true for movie Collosus as well.

Rogue Jedi

Iceman same thing, though he'd be tougher to deal with.

Spiderman(only against jedi not sith), Sue Storm, Johnny Storm, Jean Grey, Professor Xavier, Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider, Black Heart.

Iceman: Kidding? Whatever ice attack Iceman throws at a Jedi will be thrown back at him.

Spidey: Gets pwned, the hard way.

Sue Storm: She's give a Jedi one helluva fight, I agree.

Johnny Storm: Force hold, saber throw, bye bye Johnny.

Silver Surfer: All a Jedi needs to do s knock him off his board and he is done.

Not sure on the rest....

Final Blaxican
I'm not sure the Jedi can throw his ice back at him. He can put out a lot of ice, and it would amount to multiple tons even in a few seconds.

A sith would pwn spiderman the same way Dooku pwned Obi-Wan. Levitate Spidey into the air while choking him, then fry him with lightning.

Sue can put a TK bubble into the brain and gave you a stroke... I Wouldn't **** with Sue.

If Johnny turned into fire whilst in the hold I'm not sure a saber throw would be very affective. I dunno though. Then again Johnny is still harmed by physical attacks so maybe, but I'm not sure a jedi can hold on to him.

As for Surfer, I don't know if even the force can beat the power cosmic. How did Doom get it in the movie?

Placidity
Its not a 1v1 btw. Its all Jedi/Sith (listed previously) vs all of Marvel...

Placidity

As for Surfer, I don't know if even the force can beat the power cosmic. How did Doom get it in the movie?

He took his board. Which Reed accomplished by building a device by emitting a specific energy pulse.

Did I mention that Surfer can turn intangible? Yes I did, it just gets chosen to be ignored.

Mother_Morphine
First off this is a Stupid thread because all that would have to happen is the Jedi/Sith piss of Jean Grey, she turns into Dark Phoenix and destroys the whole lot of them; By herself she can destroy worlds, the Sith needed the Deathstar for that. All that would have to happen is Cyclops get hurt or one of the fellow marvel heroes and the whole Star Wars universe is done for. Oh and don't forget Apocalypse, Doctor Doom or hell even Thanos. Each one of them at any given time whether it be with the cosmic cube or the infinity gauntlet or even by sheer will alone can destroy the Jedi/Sith. Doom is a scientist and would watch the whole fiasco from afar and study his opponent just as Batman would until he was ready to strike, Apocalypse can change his form to any and everything he wishes but much like a virus he must stay in a host body and Thanos is a demi-god created by Galactus who swallows worlds. Then you have Magneto who could crush the lightsabers leaving the Jedi/Sith unarmed oh yeah and mind powers do not work on him because of his protective helmet, Charles Xavier who can control people's minds easily led or not. The list can go on and on.

KingD19
^ We're talking about movie only dude, so Thanos and the others don't apply.

Yes, you can grab Torch in a Force Hold, but he can throw fireballs and explode.

Sue can make a bubble in your brain, make one around you and crush you, a multitude of things.

About Colossus, there was nothing in the movie that proved they were capable of crushing metal as strong and durable as his. The most prominent showing was when Anakin did a rage empowered Force Scream, that he would most likely not be able to repeat. Also, he can be used as a conductor, but he's not effected, he's not metal on the outside and flesh on the inside, he's fully metal. He won't get electrocuted, the electricity will just flow through him.

Not sure that you could stop his ice beams, and if you turned it back on him, so what, he's Iceman, immune to cold temps. One simple shot to any Sith or Jedi and they are flash frozen. He could even go so far as to break a lightsaber by freezing the hilt.

Spidey might be able to hold out if he gets you in the face with some webbing. Also, he could be used as a long range fighter, if his webs can reach to the top of multi level building from the street, he could hit you with a web from a long way away, and he's strong enough to yank you through the air.

And the only reason Doom got Surfer's power was because he used a gauntlet that resonated at the same frequency as Surfer's board, giving him pseudo control. And yes, Surfer can become intangible, that's how he flew through a building, if he does that, a lightsaber goes right through, and you can't TK something that's intangible.

About Storm, what part of, fly out of their reach and call down lightning. She can fly pretty high, and I haven't seen a choke done from more than a few feet away in the movie.

Ghost Rider can't be put down by physical attacks, he has those monster chains, the shotgun, and the Penance Stare, plus amazing resilience and strength. If he got either Vader or Palpatine or any Sith in the stare, they automatically lose, he has to use other methods on the Jedi.

Not really sure about Blackheart, but that death touch was no joke. Plus the three demons he employed. Mephisto would also be incredibly dangerous to any Force Wielder.

And for every force choke I witnessed, there was no neck snapping, it was simple asphyxiation, choking them until they died, which took a rather long time, and if I feel an invisible hand on my throat, and I know who it's coming from, I'm going to attack them.

Cyclops is added to my list, if he broke the roof of a building, and left a furrow in the ground, and a hole in a lake from his blasts, what do you think they could do to a human?

You choke Hulk, Hulk get's angry, Hulk get's stronger, but holding him and Juggs in the air would work, I'll admit that. Although playing a mind trick on him would most likely backfire since most of the time he's too angry to care, the whole thing is, he's not thinking, he's just fighting whatever is a threat to him.

MightyEInherjar
So, since the Jedi/Sith get to use outside references, should Marvel?

The Silver Surfer annihilates the Force-user team. The Power Cosmic > The Force. The Surfer uses his faster-than-light speed to win the match by himself. Surfer pulls them apart at the molecular level. The Surfer turn's their grey matter into caterpillars. Etc, etc, etc...

Sorry for the sarcasm, but it's getting ridiculous to bring up omnipotence and black holes into a fight like this.

-In actuallity:

I do honestly believe that the Silver Surfer could win this fight pretty much on his own, though. There's nothing to suggest (from the movies at least) that anyone on the Force-users team could remove Norrin from his board, let alone damage him. Between him and the rest of the team, this fight should go handily to Marvel.

As far as the bruisers for Marvel go (Hulk, Thing, Juggs, etc) I imagine that as long as the two powerful telepaths are mentally engaging the "mind trickers," they should be able to wreak some sort of havoc in the combats. IMO, they should work in coordination with the faster, more agile strikers (Daredevil, Spiderman, Nightcrawler, etc) to try to get in a devastating hit.

The most important thing for Marvel is to be working together as a team, which is something I think they excel at. The Jedi/Sith won't be able to engage all the threats at once, especially with the likes of Human Torch, Iron Man, Storm, etc engaging from a distance or in the sky.

I would imagine the casings on the lightsabers are metal? If that's the case, Magneto blasts them all out of their hands at the beginning. I realize that they could simply force grab them back, but a cluster of lightsabers flying out of control, even for a moment, could be catostrophic for a few Jedi/Sith. I don't know much about the core/crystal/we of the lightsabers; would any of them go unstable or something of the sort if the metal casings holding them together were removed? If that worked, that'd be great.

Sandman could harass the hell and disorient a whole crowd of Force Users.

Ghost Rider could essencially slam his bike into whatever combat looked like it was leaning towards the Force-Users just to let his side regroup.

Multiple Man. Think about it.

In X2, adamantium was stated to be unbreakable after it's hardened. This means Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike would more than likely be able to stand in front of lightsaber strikes, obviously useful in a big melee.

All in all, even without the Surfer (who can also seemingly bring people back from the dead, or at least heal them as seen at the end of FF2) I think Marvel has far too much versatility.

KingD19
I wasn't even thinking about Kurt and the others. Kurt could teleport and with a small knife, take out a whole group of guys in seconds.

Depending on where they fought, Sandman could do the same thing he did in the movie, get bigger and just hurt things.

Magneto could indeed take their lightsabers, and if you're talking about making them overload, I think if he bent the casing so the crystal went out of alignment, it would either shut off or blow up.

Also, Hulk has made sonic booms from his claps, and stomped hard enough to shake the ground.

And you're right about the tanks, Colossus, Juggs, Thing, Hulk. I don't know if they would be affected by sabers, but it doesn't really matter, they can just chuck heavy objects at you with high velocity. And one hit from any of them is usually instant death for a human if they aren't holding back.

MilitantDog
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Listed from most powerful to least taking in Force mastery and lightsaber skills.

ROTJ Emperor Palpatine
ROTS Yoda
ROTS Mace Windu
ROTJ Darth Vader
ROTS Darth Tyranus
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi
TPM Darth Maul
TPM Qui-Gon Jinn

Mace Windu beat Palpatine. The only reason Windu got done is because Skywalker/Vader bush whacked him.

And you forget that Obi-Wan actually beat Anakin/Vader.

And if your getting technical, Palpatine had access to a Death Star. Regenerate that Wolverine.

Anyway this entire thread as pointless as Star Trek versus Star Wars. The two fictional universes work on different Physics (or suspension of physics.)

Placidity
Originally posted by MilitantDog
Mace Windu beat Palpatine. The only reason Windu got done is because Skywalker/Vader bush whacked him.

And you forget that Obi-Wan actually beat Anakin/Vader.

And if your getting technical, Palpatine had access to a Death Star. Regenerate that Wolverine.

Anyway this entire thread as pointless as Star Trek versus Star Wars. The two fictional universes work on different Physics (or suspension of physics.)

Sorry there is no Death Star.

Rogue Jedi
Againstt Phoenix, yes, the jedi/Sith are ****ed, unless they can catch her of guard, rush in with force speed, and behead her.

Against Magneto, once he disarms the Jedi/Sith, whats he gonna do? All a Jedi/Sith needs to do then is force attack him.

Xavier, thats a toughie. Hard to say if a Jedi/Sith can resist his mind controls, prolly not. OR if he can resist theirs.

KingD19
Force Mind Games only work on weak wills and weak minds, Xaviers is far from weak. Also, he is the most powerful overall telepath in existence, not many can stand up to him if he just bashes his way in.

Magneto takes the saber, turns it on, then turns it against them, imagine what Kreia did in KOTOR II, but a lot more sabers. He could also throw something metal at them. It depends where he is. True, movie Magneto had to be extremely toned down, but he's still incredibly dangerous.

And Phoenix can hover pretty high off of the ground, higher than a Force Jump can reach. Plus one look at your ash.

Rogue Jedi
Force Mind Games only work on weak wills and weak minds, Xaviers is far from weak. Also, he is the most powerful overall telepath in existence, not many can stand up to him if he just bashes his way in.

Magneto takes the saber, turns it on, then turns it against them, imagine what Kreia did in KOTOR II, but a lot more sabers. He could also throw something metal at them. It depends where he is. True, movie Magneto had to be extremely toned down, but he's still incredibly dangerous.

And Phoenix can hover pretty high off of the ground, higher than a Force Jump can reach. Plus one look at your ash. Dude, Magneto has no saber training, he'd lop his own leg off. Unless you are made of metal, Magneto aint shit.

KingD19
I don't mean use them himself, I mean turn them on, and control them like Kreia did in KOTOR II, remember the final boss battle when she used 3 lightsabers to attack you? She controlled them with tk, they were basically floating and striking at you. He can do the same thing, fly out of reach, take the sabers, turn them on, then make them fight you by their self.

Rogue Jedi
And whats to keep the Jedi from using the force to keep their hold on their sabers? How is Magneto gonna defend against force attacks? He'd be toast against a force user.

KingD19
How do you use the force to hold onto a lightsaber? In the movies, all they showed was simple push, pull, and hold. If you've got a guy who can move the brooklyn bridge using his powers to pull the saber from your hand, it's gonna go rather quick. Literally zip out of your hand. And like I said, out of their reach. The only force attacks used in the movies were once again, force push, pull, hold, choke, and lightning. Flying in the air rather high as often does, I doubt they can push or pull him from that distance, and the choke hasn't been demonstrated from more than a few feet away. Lightning, I'm not so sure about, but being as far away as he is, it should be a non threat. And when he takes the sabers, you expect them to know he can do it, and be ready to defend against it? Plus, they've lost their sabers to simple kicks, so your logic is flawed.

Rogue Jedi
How do you use the force to hold onto a lightsaber? In the movies, all they showed was simple push, pull, and hold. If you've got a guy who can move the brooklyn bridge using his powers to pull the saber from your hand, it's gonna go rather quick. Literally zip out of your hand. And like I said, out of their reach. The only force attacks used in the movies were once again, force push, pull, hold, choke, and lightning. Flying in the air rather high as often does, I doubt they can push or pull him from that distance, and the choke hasn't been demonstrated from more than a few feet away. Lightning, I'm not so sure about, but being as far away as he is, it should be a non threat. And when he takes the sabers, you expect them to know he can do it, and be ready to defend against it? Plus, they've lost their sabers to simple kicks, so your logic is flawed. They can use the force to turn the saber on and off, Magneto cant. Not all of the saber is metal, you know. And what becomes of Magneto when the Jedi rush in for h2h combat?

KingD19
What part of, he can fly, doesn't register to you???? And most activator plates are metallic, most of the saber, save for the insulation and the crystals are metallic. Even if he can't activate or deactivate it with his abilities, he could easily launch it at you with enough speed to impale it through your body. And we're both neglecting to mention that in just about every movie scene, save for the underwater part with the Gungans, there's plenty of metal for him to basically own anybody.

Placidity
They can use the force to turn the saber on and off, Magneto cant. Not all of the saber is metal, you know. And what becomes of Magneto when the Jedi rush in for h2h combat?

H2H when Magneto is high in the air?

Rogue Jedi
What part of, he can fly, doesn't register to you???? And most activator plates are metallic, most of the saber, save for the insulation and the crystals are metallic. Even if he can't activate or deactivate it with his abilities, he could easily launch it at you with enough speed to impale it through your body. And we're both neglecting to mention that in just about every movie scene, save for the underwater part with the Gungans, there's plenty of metal for him to basically own anybody. When did I say I didnt get that? I have seen the movies, durh, I know he can levitate. He doesnt have to be grounded to fall victim to a force choke or force lightning, you know. How is he gonna defend against that?

KingD19
As I stated, we're going by the movies. In the movies, a Force Choke was never executed from MORE THAN A FEW FEET. Which means, if he's out of the range, the Sith he's fighting it shit out of luck. Also, if you try to choke him, what's to stop him from hurling a metal table at you with enough force to break your skull?

Only Palpatine had the ability to project lightning, and he the longer he used it, the more it messed him up. And from what I saw from the original trilogy, the range of the lightning wasn't that great, and in III, he only used it on Windu, who was a few feet away.

Rogue Jedi
Whoa, now you are putting a distance limit on force choke? Talk about BULLSHIT.

OK, so how high is magneto SEEN flying in the movies?

KingD19
I assumed that since this was the movies, we were going on what was witnessed in the movies. When did you see a Force Choke in the movie more than five feet away, tell me, please?

And Magneto is shown hovering at least 15 feet off of the ground, maybe higher.

Scythe
Where the f*ck is this Jedi/Sith "rushing in" or lightning fast speed coming from? Oh yeah, someone's ass. Slightly above average human beings are pretty much their speed limit.

Rogue Jedi
I assumed that since this was the movies, we were going on what was witnessed in the movies. When did you see a Force Choke in the movie more than five feet away, tell me, please?

And Magneto is shown hovering at least 15 feet off of the ground, maybe higher. OK, 15 feet, and since we see him at 15 feet, he can fly no higher, since we are going by movies only.

A Jedi/Sith can jump that height easily, you do know that, right?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
Where the f*ck is this Jedi/Sith "rushing in" or lightning fast speed coming from? Oh yeah, someone's ass. Slightly above average human beings are pretty much their speed limit. Yeah, thats right, totally ignore the movies. "Slightly above average human" indeed haermm

Thats like saying the transformers are "slightly above average protocol droids." crylaugh

KingD19
15 is the height I remember, it could have easily been higher in the 1st movie, the 2nd, or the 3rd, I don't remember exactly, but I'm judging by your sig and avatar, if you knew the actual height, you probably wouldn't tell us. And if a Jedi can jump that high, Magneto can easily move away, as he's hovered pretty fast, and if he doesn't do that, he can launch a saber at you while you're coming towards him.

Scythe
Totally, those cats were fast as lightning, they moved so fast, Ep. 1-VI were just blurs, man.

Rogue Jedi
15 is the height I remember, it could have easily been higher in the 1st movie, the 2nd, or the 3rd, I don't remember exactly, but I'm judging by your sig and avatar, if you knew the actual height, you probably wouldn't tell us. And if a Jedi can jump that high, Magneto can easily move away, as he's hovered pretty fast, and if he doesn't do that, he can launch a saber at you while you're coming towards him. And the Jedi is suddenly stripped of any and all force powers? It seems that you are forgetting the incredible array of attacks a force user wields.

KingD19
Movies only, movies is restricted to TK, force choke, and lightning. Am I lying?

Rogue Jedi
Movies only, movies is restricted to TK, force choke, and lightning. Am I lying? TK, force choke, lightning, speed, acrobatics, mind trick, force push and pull.....as well as enhanced senses and strength.

Plus they wear really cool robes.

Scythe
Everything adds up, except for the speed. Besides the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Juggs, and a few of the X-Men, they won't win any speed medals. Unless they took speed, in that case a room full of Jedi's foaming from the mouth would cause the entire Marvel Universe to just pull back in a vote of jest.

KingD19
Speed is really irrelevant if you jumping up at someone, since you can't run in the air.

Push and pull are included in TK, and I think it's very unlikely you could do more than push or pull him while you're already focused on a jump.

Sense and strength do nothing if you can't touch your target, and what good are enhanced sense, they're fighting him, they see him, know where he is, what's the point of using their senses?

Mind manipulation doesn't work while he's wearing his helmet, if Xavier can't do it, no one can.

Lightning is the only threat to him, and how hard will it be to aim a lighting blast while you're floating upwards towards a human sized, quick moving target that can move through the air with no problems?

And now that I think about it, if Colossus is there, Magneto could use him like a human projectile, getting hit by him means instant death.

Rogue Jedi
Speed is really irrelevant if you jumping up at someone, since you can't run in the air.You saying a Jedi cannot propel themselves at someone at enhanced speeds?

An experienced force user could probably do both.

Precog, dude. They will know what he is gonna do before he does it. Before he can levitate himself, they will realize his intent, and prevent it.

I know, I was just listing it as one of their powers.

He is never shown to be "quick moving in the air", is he? From what I remember, he merely floats around. Its not like he is zipping around like a hummingbird.

Mhm. And a Jedi is just gonna stand there with their thumbs in their asses and be hit?

Rogue Jedi
Everything adds up, except for the speed. Besides the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Juggs, and a few of the X-Men, they won't win any speed medals. Unless they took speed, in that case a room full of Jedi's foaming from the mouth would cause the entire Marvel Universe to just pull back in a vote of jest. You really think the Hulk would be a problem for a Jedi? As I said earlier, the Hulk is just a big ass green retard. It would be nothing for a Jedi to use the Jedi mind trick on him and force choke the life out of him.

All the hulk know is SMASH GRAB BANG. Bruce Banner, on the other hand, would repel the mind trick easily, without even knowing he did so.

KingD19
Not from what I've seen in the movie, they've merely made impressive jumps.

No one in the movie was experienced enough to do anything of the sort, and that sort of thing hasn't even been done in the books as far as I'm aware of.

They've never shown any precognitive abilities in the movies. If they had, then the assassin who got killed by Jango wouldn't have been killed, they would have felt his murderous intent, and stopped it. As far as I know, they've only felt emotions, not actual thoughts, like, I'm going to make myself float now.

He's fast moving enough to float in several different directions while take the small amount of time to charge the electrical discharge.

Considering that this isn't a 1 on 1, they might be a bit hard pressed to stop from getting hit. And even if it is just them, as fast as he moved the bridge, and other objects far larger and heavier than Pete, I'm sure he can toss him with enough speed to hit somebody.

The Hulk is not smart, true, but choking him to death, is just not in the picture, he's taken far worse punishment while fighting then getting choked. And if you choke him, do you really think he'll just sit there?

Scythe
You really think the Hulk would be a problem for a Jedi? As I said earlier, the Hulk is just a big ass green retard. It would be nothing for a Jedi to use the Jedi mind trick on him and force choke the life out of him.

All the hulk know is SMASH GRAB BANG. Bruce Banner, on the other hand, would repel the mind trick easily, without even knowing he did so.

You misunderstood my post, everyone I listed cannot deal with a Jedi/Sith's speed. That's why I listed them... Most of the other Marvel heroes can stand a chance with their speed, Spider-Man and Silver Surfer for instance.

Try to lay off the retard jokes, they're unnecessary.

Rogue Jedi
You misunderstood my post, everyone I listed cannot deal with a Jedi/Sith's speed. That's why I listed them... Most of the other Marvel heroes can stand a chance with their speed, Spider-Man and Silver Surfer for instance.

Try to lay off the retard jokes, they're unnecessary. Well thats what the Hulk is, innit? A big ass retard? Its not like he does calculus and shit. haermm He's a mindless wrecking machine, manipulating him would be a cakewalk for a Jedi.

How about you post the way you do and I'll do the same haermm Besides, I thought you had me on ignore roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Not from what I've seen in the movie, they've merely made impressive jumps.
Impressive jumps? Like the one Obi Wan Kenobi made in TPM? When Maul kicked Kenobi off the catwalk, Kenobi leapt 30 to 40 feet up right back onto the catwalk. And since we have seen Magneto flying that high, yes, a Jedi can jump higher than Magneto can fly.

Count Dooku, hello.

Dude, what about when Zam attacked Obi wan? And when Padme was attacked by the big ass centipedes? How do you think Jedi block blaster bolts? And when Yoda pwned the troopers fixing to kill him? "They've never showed any precog abilities in the movies" is the bonehead comment of the centruy.

Yes, but faster than a Jedi can track and attack? NO.

BIG maybe, just so you know.

Well what could he do? The mind trick would turn Hulk into a mindlesss zombie. Hell, a Jedi could make the Hulk do his or her bidding .

Placidity

Well what could he do? The mind trick would turn Hulk into a mindlesss zombie. Hell, a Jedi could make the Hulk do his or her bidding .

Xavier will dispel any BS.

KingD19
Well if that's 30-40 feet, then Magneto's flown at that height easily.

Dooku never displayed enough skill to do that, no matter how good he was.

And every time they stopped someone, it was from emotions, not thoughts. They didn't sense the bugs till they were about to kill padme(murderous, animalistic intent).
Zam trying to kill Obi-Wan(Murderous intent)
Trooper and Yoda(Murderous intent)
They don't use precog to block blasters, they let the force guide their limbs, essentially the lightsaber becomes an extension of themselves.

And while they might be able to dodge him once, I doubt they can keep doing it, he can also toss Wolverine around too.

Vvendeta

I was refering to any jedi or sith show in the movies only, i can name the ones i remember

Qui Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Yoda ,Mace Windu,Ploo Koon, Kit Fisto, Shakk Ti (Jedi council movie)
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Vader
Grievous (not a Jedi, but capable enough)
Count Dooku
Darth Sidious/Palpatine
Jango fet (not a Sith or Jedi, but capable)
Luke Skywalker
Obi wan Kenobi

if i let one out, you can make me remember, and maybe is fair to use some feats from them in the spanded universe if they are confront agians silver surfer and Galactus cloud, but only feats write in the book, not invented things like create a black hole (if they didint do it in the books, then doesnt count, even if is mention they could)

for the marvel movies characters that i remember

The fantastic four (include Dr Doom)
Blade
X men movies, heroes and villians
Electra
Dare Devil
Man thing
Ironman
Spiderman

I know some characters from these movies are easy to the jedi but i wonder what do some of you think it will happen with characters like

Venom
Dr octopus
Blade
Nightcrawler
Ciclops
Juggernaut

Rogue Jedi
Xavier will dispel any BS. Ah...so Xavier would be able to protect himself from attack AND others at the same time? I didnt know he was Superman.

Rogue Jedi
Well if that's 30-40 feet, then Magneto's flown at that height easily. Youtube it. post it.

And in this fight there will be no murderous intent?
Yes, I know this, this is Star Wars 101. The force takes over, it controls their thoughts and movements. I was referring to a Jedi sensing an attack and countering appropriately. If I wasnt clear on that before, my bad.

So he can toss Wolvie around. A Jedi can toss ANYTHING around, yes, even things that have NO METAL in them.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Vvendeta
I was refering to any jedi or sith show in the movies only, i can name the ones i remember

Qui Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Vader
Count Dooku
Darth Sidious/Palpatine
Luke Skywalker
Obi wan Kenobi

if i let one out, you can make me remember, and maybe is fair to use some feats from them in the spanded universe if they are confront agians silver surfer and Galactus cloud, but only feats write in the book, not invented things like create a black hole (if they didint do it in the books, then doesnt count, even if is mention they could)

Blade
Electra
Dare Devil
Man thing
Ironman
Spiderman

I know some characters from these movies are easy to the jedi but i wonder what do some of you think it will happen with characters like

Venom
Dr octopus
Blade
Nightcrawler
Ciclops
Juggernaut You gotta list some individual matchups, dude.

Placidity
You gotta list some individual matchups, dude.

You would like that wouldn't you? Its quite obvious the Jedi/Sith can't take them all. In fact they can't even take Silver Surfer and many others if they were alone.

Ah...so Xavier would be able to protect himself from attack AND others at the same time? I didnt know he was Superman.

No, Xavier wouldn't be protecting himself, he would be on a mind rape attack and protecting others at the same time. No he aint Superman, Supes doesn't have telepathy if you didn't know.

Vvendeta
You gotta list some individual matchups, dude.

I did said in a royal battle wich characters stand to the end and which team prevail.

dadudemon
LOL

Movie Xavier is more than enough for all of them at once.

I think I saw a pretty damn good list on the first page by Placidity. Yeah, that's my post if I had the time. big grin

jinXed by JaNx
Personally i feel as follows-

Star Wars would rape the marvel movieverse. The jedi and siths speed would go unmatched against the X-men....,except nightcrawler. Xavier isn't going to be able to do shit to the jedi because they are TO fast and strong minded. At most Xavier will be able to read the Jedi and siths' thoughts but nothing more. constant forces push and incredible speed would lead to a blitzkrieg effect.
===========================================

To play Devils Advocate though i do have to say that the Marvelverse may have a good shot.

Storm, Rogue, nightcrawler cyclops, Sue Storm and electra might have a chance at killing the jedi, if they can work together. Rogue could easily steal away the Jedi's life force after Nightcrawler teleports her right next to one.
Electra is an assassin that can never be detected, this would be a great advantage for team marvel.

Cyclops well, Cyclops is just a beast. He unleashes a massive and never ending source of power from his eyes. His beam has INCREDIBLE range. With his visor removed, no Jedi could reach MR. Scott Summers.

Sue Storm, well She is just an incredible support character.

Robtard
When have the Jedi/SIth shown to have the ability to block a mind-assault from someone as mentally powerful as Xavier?

jinXed by JaNx
When has Xavier shown the ability to be able to assault a mind as powerful as a Jedis'?

Robtard
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
When has Xavier shown the ability to be able to assault a mind as powerful as a Jedis'?

Circular argument, when have they shown to possess these "all powerful" minds?

Their little Jedi mind-trick and sensing things is but child's play to what Xavier can do with his mind. As seen per the movies.

Dr Will Hatch
^Palpatine brainwashed most of a galaxy into forgetting the Jedi and making themselve believe the Jedi were traitors.

Robtard
In the movies?

Quiero Mota
Marvel will win easily...

Characters that matter... (not in any particular order)

1. Sue Storm - Shields/Bubble in the brain.^

2. Human Torch - Super Nova^

3. Silver Surfer - Power Cosmic^

4. Dr Doom - Lightning Blasts (If Jedi get close though, he will get diced)

5. Cyclops - Same deal as above.

6. Xavier - Mind Rape^

7. Dark Phoenix - Molecular Control/Telekinesis^

8. Magneto - Rape them with flying metals, possibly destroy their lightsabers if they have metal in them.

9. Pyro - Flames seem to be a weakness of Jedi as it can't be deflected. Pyro has a very large range.

10. Sandman - Jedi/Sith have absolutely NO defense.^

11. David Banner/Absorbing Man - Again, no defense against him at all.^

12. Hulk/Abomination - Will eventually get diced, but will serve as a distraction for awhile and if the Jedi/Sith don't pay due attention to them, there will be flesh splattered everywhere.

13. Juggernaut - Can he be hurt? At least not while he is running.^

14. Galactus - Will eat them.^

^ Has the potential to solo them.

Now I'm no authority on comicbook characters, but I have a hard time believing that anyone would wipe the floor with Yoda or the Emperor. Those queers Luke and pre-Vader Anakin? Maybe, but not Yoda.

People say that Professor X can levitate things and control thoughts, but isn't that also a Jedi 101 power?

Publius II
The "brainwashing" had absolutely nothing do with any use of the Force, Hatch. It was all political maneuvering and manipulation.

And even including EU, there are only two notable examples of mass telepathy that would compare to that of Xavier; a renegade clone named Joruus controlled the entire crew of a Star Destroyer (~37,000 according to one) and a Sith named Exar Kun "froze" the entire Senate Chamber (tens, hundreds of thousands). Since they don't appear in the movies, they can't be used here, so assuming he goes untouched Xavier is free to wreak havoc.

That said, Palpatine post-OT can generate movie Galactus-sized storms that consume entire starfleets and rend the fabric of space-time. His level of control over these is such that he can use them to create wormholes and transport individuals with unnerving accuracy to basically wherever he wants; he once pulled Luke Skywalker off of the surface of a planet and dropped him in a room inside a starship halfway across the galaxy. The Force would allow him to sense where all of this threats are, and he could easily get rid of any of the powerhouses in seconds, perhaps even Phoenix and Xavier, whose telepathy is neither instaneous nor perfectly accurate. I'd say he could probably solo movie Marvel.

Dr Will Hatch
I agree with you Publius, but you cannot deny that the Galaxy mostly forgot about the Jedi or had a highly skewed view of them through misinformation. This was done through totalitarian government coverups, but also through the use of the Force. It is arguable that the will of powerful Force sensitives essentially influence what occurs in day to day life.

Rogue Jedi
You would like that wouldn't you? Its quite obvious the Jedi/Sith can't take them all. In fact they can't even take Silver Surfer and many others if they were alone. Silver surfer with or without his board? Hmm?

That was a figure of speech, but you knew that already, didncha? wink

Rogue Jedi
You started out with this list:

a royal fight between them, which character will prevail?
and aTeam fight, which group will win?

You can use any character at his maximum power

Marvel movies that i remember

Hulk/abomination
Spiderman/Green Gobling/Octopus/Venom/Sand man/new Gobling
Ironman
Dare devil
All the X men

etc

Now you are going with this list:

Qui Gon Jinn
Darth Maul
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Vader
Count Dooku
Darth Sidious/Palpatine
Luke Skywalker
Obi wan Kenobi

Blade
Electra
Dare Devil
Man thing
Ironman
Spiderman

Venom
Dr octopus
Blade
Nightcrawler
Ciclops
Juggernaut

Is this your final list? Just wanna be sure before we proceed.

And I will list all Jedi/Sith shown in the movies.

Another thing. Do the Jedi have complete access to all their weaponry and resources, just like the Xmen do?

Robtard
Originally posted by Publius II
That said, Palpatine post-OT can generate movie Galactus-sized storms that consume entire starfleets and rend the fabric of space-time. His level of control over these is such that he can use them to create wormholes and transport individuals with unnerving accuracy to basically wherever he wants; he once pulled Luke Skywalker off of the surface of a planet and dropped him in a room inside a starship halfway across the galaxy. The Force would allow him to sense where all of this threats are, and he could easily get rid of any of the powerhouses in seconds, perhaps even Phoenix and Xavier, whose telepathy is neither instaneous nor perfectly accurate. I'd say he could probably solo movie Marvel.

Oh, **** me, if we're going to reach into non-movie feats, then Jean Grey with the mother****ing Phoenix Force can destory everyone, she could kill people before they're even conceived by snuffing out the "life force" held in reserve for them, she can time travel, suck the liferforce from people, absorb suns etc. etc. etc.

Rogue Jedi
Oh, **** me, if we're going to reach into non-movie feats, then Jean Grey with the mother****ing Phoenix Force can destory everyone, she could kill people before they're even conceived by snuffing out the "life force" held in reserve for them, she can time travel, suck the liferforce from people, absorb suns etc. etc. etc. Just ignore the non movie shit, dude.

Publius II
Oh, **** me, if we're going to reach into non-movie feats, then Jean Grey with the mother****ing Phoenix Force can destory everyone, she could kill people before they're even conceived by snuffing out the "life force" held in reserve for them, she can time travel, suck the liferforce from people, absorb suns etc. etc. etc. His parameters, not mine.

Robtard
Just ignore the non movie shit, dude.

More times than not, some pro SW fanny is either bringing in something from the books or flat out dictating their own intrepretation of the films as canon.

Robtard
His parameters, not mine.

Which is nonsense, as this is the "Movie Vs." forum.

Also, which "some" do we bring in, who decides which parts are okay and which parts are not? Why no written material for the Marvel crowd?

Dr Will Hatch
Because the Movie Marvel Universe is in a different reality than the 616 one. The SW EU and the movies exist in the same universe.

Publius II
Which is nonsense, as this is the "Movie Vs." forum.

Also, which "some" do we bring in, who decides which parts are okay and which parts are not? Why no written material for the Marvel crowd? Take it up with him.

Rogue Jedi
More times than not, some pro SW fanny is either bringing in something from the books or flat out dictating their own intrepretation of the films as canon. OK, well, let them post what they want, it wont be valid.

Robtard
F it, "The Force" can do anything, tachyon pulses, cold fusion and even creating a Cuban pork-sandwich.

There should never be another SW vs *anything* thread, as SW and the Force automatically wins.

MightyEInherjar
Maybe I'm missing something...

What is there to suggest that the Jedi/Sith could instantly identify and reproduce the exact frequency needed to remove the Silver Surfer from his board?

What is the Jedi/Sith defense against Storm and Human Torch blanketing the field with elemental attacks at the beginning of the fight?

Why would Professor Xavier have to get close to the Jedi/Sith, when he could be behind a shield/ice barrier erected by his team, or being constantly attended to by one of his teleporters/phasers?

What is the stance on adamantium? I don't believe the lightsabers are going to effect it, at least not in a swipe or two of a lightsaber.

How will the Sith/Jedi effect the 'unkillables' in the fight, such as Ghost Rider and Wolverine (if the above statement is true)?

I realize that blankets of area attacks and huge mental assaults might not take out fighters like Yoda and the Empreror, but why would that not eliminate all the smaller threats on the field, thus allowing the Marvel team to focus on the big hitters with superior numbers?

What is to stop the Silver Surfer from bringing his fallen commrades back into the fight after they've been "killed?"

I believe Marvel has superior ranged attacks, firepower, numbers, durability, and team training. The mental aspect is debateable I guess. Obviously most of the Jedi/Sith will have superior h2h skill and better h2h weapons, but that's all I can think of.

Rogue Jedi

Darth Martin
Wow this thread has gotten big.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Maybe I'm missing something...

What is there to suggest that the Jedi/Sith could instantly identify and reproduce the exact frequency needed to remove the Silver Surfer from his board? Well, how did the humans figure it out?

Lets see.......the force? TK?

See my answer to the lowermost quote.

Why not? It is metal, isnt it? Lightsaber pwns metal, doesnt it?

Wolverine is not unkillable. As far as Ghost Rider goes, I am assuming now it will be said that this battle is at night?

See my answer below.

Again I ask, do the Jedi have access to all of their weaponry and resources? Seems that the X Men do.

KingD19
In the movies, Jedi can't block natural lightning, which is upwards of
30,000 degrees Celsius, and travel at 60,000 mph, I would like to see anybody from the movie block that.

I would like to see them use tk to block lightning and fire and ice, I really would.

Ghost Rider can change in the presence of evil, if Palpatine ain't evil, then I guess GR is out of the fight.

By studying him, something the Jedi or Sith won't be able to do while they are in the middle of a fight.

As far as the movie shows, Wolverine is nigh-invulnerable, if not out right so, since Dark Phoenix tried to convert him to ash like the others, but he healed to rapidly for it to work.

And you're failing to mention all the metals lightsabers don't work against, cortosis, phrik, beskar, a few others. If it can't cut those metals, I think it can't cut adamantium.

Robtard
Reed Richards, who happens to be one of the smartest (if not the) men on the planet deduced it might work and he built a device that produced a "tachyon pulse."

Let me guess, "The Force" will will know what to do and it will instantly build that same device or just go all 'tachyon' with itself.

BTW, if Palpatine is pure evil, then Ghost Rider will destroy him that much easier with his Penance Stare. Ghost Rider is also a magical/supernatural being, ergo, the Force might be null against him.

Rogue Jedi
In the movies, Jedi can't block natural lightning, which is upwards of
30,000 degrees Celsius, and travel at 60,000 mph, I would like to see anybody from the movie block that. Well, a Jedi's precog will sense the impending danger and they can just force leap away from the lightning.

Fire and Ice? Well, TK abilities should make that easy, like when Kean Grey blocked the water from the X jet in X2.

Exactly, Ghost Rider against a Jedi is useless.

OK lets PRETEND that a lightsaber wont cut adamantium (pure speculation). Force hold, force choke, dead Wolvie. Even Wolvie needs to breathe.

cortosis, phrik, beskar? Are these MENTIONED in the movies? I mean is a Jedi SHOWN trying to cut through them and they say "Oh hell its cortosis, phrik, beskar?"

Rogue Jedi
Reed Richards, who happens to be one of the smartest (if not the) men on the planet deduced it might work and he built a device that produced a "tachyon pulse."

Let me guess, "The Force" will will know what to do and it will instantly build that same device or just go all 'tachyon' with itself.

BTW, if Palpatine is pure evil, then Ghost Rider will destroy him that much easier with his Penance Stare. Ghost Rider is also a magical/supernatural being, ergo, the Force might be null against him. And Ghost Rider will be null against a Jedi, they arent evil.

Robtard
And Ghost Rider will be null against a Jedi, they arent evil.

That's okay, while he's making all the Sith lament over all the wrongs they've done in life, which I imagine is quit a few for most of them. All the other Marvel characters will be destroying the Jedi.

He also isn't useless against Jedi, he has powers, magical/supernatural powers, he's made up (at least in part) of 'hell fire', is superstrong, has insane levels of durability and can melt metal.

Tell me, can "the Force" affect magic and supernatural things, now?

Blinky
*waits for the Starwars fan boys to SPECULATE that the force can supernaturally "PWN Ghostrider the hard way" *

KingD19
Movie jedi can leap away from lightning travelling at 60,000 miles per hour?????? I call bullshit.

If they can block it, I wonder for how long? I'm pretty sure Iceman/Storm/Pyro/Torch can keep their powers going for a long time. Also, water is tangibel, you can touch water. You can't touch streaming cold or fire, those are ephemeral.

Obviously, you're forgetting Greivous' Magna Guards, the big robots with the pink tipped energy staffs. That's Phrik, look it up.

Ghost Rider will own any Sith, and if he can't Penance a jedi, he still has his chains, his hellfire, his hellfire shotgun, and his bike, and his strength and resistance to damage.

So you're saying Wolverine would have to fight a focused Dooku for him to get killed, because he's the only one who demonstrated holding people still. And the only one who demonstrated Choke was Anakin, so they would have to work together to kill Wolverine correct?

jaden101

Wild assumptions, as Palpatine was raping Luke with his little lightning attack.

It's not directly discussed but Palpatine uses his power of the force to hold sway over the entire galaxy. He was powerful enough to hide his massive darkside power from the most powerful and force atuned Jedi in the galaxy even when standing right next to them. Thus his mind powers are far in excess of anything Xavier or Phoenix showed in the movies which were tiny and localised disturbances.

There is much you see in the movies that the Jedi implement as force defence against elemental aspects...Do you seriously think 2 humans could fight over a river of lava and live without any sort of protection from the heat?...From earth based temperature reading of sink holes which have magma chambers in them you are talking about upwards of 1000 degrees centigrade....The force is the only explanation for Anakin and Obi-wan's survival during their duel.

Where's the basis for that in the movies?

Tachyon technology isn't something required to be made by a 1 off genius in star wars...It's standard technology.

for example.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PA-9r_long_range_phased_tachyon_detection_array

Blinky

So you're saying Wolverine would have to fight a focused Dooku for him to get killed, because he's the only one who demonstrated holding people still. And the only one who demonstrated Choke was Anakin, so they would have to work together to kill Wolverine correct?

You forget that the Starwars fan boys REFUSE to recognize that the MOVIES and books are SEPARATE UNIVERSES.

jaden101

Both Vader and Luke used choke in the movies. Vader against several of his officers and Luke when entering Jabba's palace with one of the guards at the gate.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101
It's not directly discussed but Palpatine uses his power of the force to hold sway over the entire galaxy. He was powerful enough to hide his massive darkside power from the most powerful and force atuned Jedi in the galaxy even when standing right next to them. Thus his mind powers are far in excess of anything Xavier or Phoenix showed in the movies which were tiny and localised disturbances.

Tachyon technology isn't something required to be made by a 1 off genius in star wars...It's standard technology.

for example.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/PA-9r_long_range_phased_tachyon_detection_array

Exactly, it's vague at best, he also used polical subterfuge to gain control and didn't just "The Force" everything. Also of note, blocking other Force-users from discovering he's a Sith isn't intrinsic with what Xavier's mind-powers are. Comparing apples to oranges.

Not that it takes a genius, just that the SW crew wouldn't have a way of just suddenly (aka "The Force pwns all"wink making something like that up during the battle.

KingD19
Obi-Wan and Anakin didn't die on Mustafar when they were battling over the lave because of the droids they were on, they were built to be shielded against intense heat. Seems you're forgetting that when anakin fell on the bank, he burst into flames.

But you're right, I forgot that Luke used the power as well, although it was still a simple choke, that anyone could easily walk up to you, and punch you in the face to stop.

And the link you used is from the expanded universe, and it's just a detector array, not capable of sending out a tachyon pulse on the same frequency of Surfer.

The basis for the ligtning for the movies is that Storm controls elements, electricity included, if she calls it down, it comes down at the velocity of natural lightning, since that is what it is.

Dr Will Hatch
That's okay, while he's making all the Sith lament over all the wrongs they've done in life, which I imagine is quit a few for most of them. All the other Marvel characters will be destroying the Jedi.

He also isn't useless against Jedi, he has powers, magical/supernatural powers, he's made up (at least in part) of 'hell fire', is superstrong, has insane levels of durability and can melt metal.

Tell me, can "the Force" affect magic and supernatural things, now? Yes

"The Force pwns all". Love that quote, I laughed out loud.

Utrigita
If we take all from the Marvel Movieverse, then Imo they will win quite handly. Some of from the marvel team will be liabilities, Punisher, Daredevil, Bullseye, Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike, but on the other hand they got SS, Xavier, Human Torch, Doctor Doom, NightCrawler, Phoenix, Magneto, Callisto, Hulk, Invisible Women, Storm, Mephisto, BlackHeart, Ghost Rider, from my perspective marvel Simply wins on having a larger variaty of abilities then there advesaries.

Edit: Good for EU Palpatine that he toke out a Space Fleet and ravaged a planet... May I use Comic Galactus that destroyed 3 solar systems in a single blast?

Publius II
Originally posted by Utrigita
If we take all from the Marvel Movieverse, then Imo they will win quite handly. Some of from the marvel team will be liabilities, Punisher, Daredevil, Bullseye, Wolverine, Lady Deathstrike, but on the other hand they got SS, Xavier, Human Torch, Doctor Doom, NightCrawler, Phoenix, Magneto, Callisto, Hulk, Invisible Women, Storm, Mephisto, BlackHeart, Ghost Rider, from my perspective marvel Simply wins on having a larger variaty of abilities then there advesaries.

P.S. Good for EU Palpatine that he toke out a Space Fleet and ravaged a planet... May I use Comic Galactus that destroyed 3 solar systems in a single blast? Reading is good.

And before anyone else starts bitching at me about how unfair it is , I didn't make the thread. If you have a problem, take it up with vvendeta or deal with it.

Robtard

P.S. Good for EU Palpatine that he toke out a Space Fleet and ravaged a planet... May I use Comic Galactus that destroyed 3 solar systems in a single blast?

No, only written material that bodes well for SW can be used, you can even make up shit and/or use your own intrepretations (if it helps) of the movies/franchise.

E.G. It was hinted that Anakin is Jesus, so he's God and has God's powers in this fight.

KingD19
Hey Ultrigita, maybe we should bring up comic Phoenix, who can destroy the entire universe with a thought.

Or Magneto and Xavier psyche's mixing to form Onslaught?

Utrigita
Reading is good.

And before anyone else starts bitching at me about how unfair it is , I didn't make the thread. If you have a problem, take it up with vvendeta or deal with it.

Merely a request to the thread starter, that if he think that he can allow books to be used in a Movie Versus forum, then I think that he should open up for the Marvel side to take in some feats from the comics as well, so merely a question smile

To KingD19: No need for that, I think Galactus can handle it himself smile but I I think Xaviar manipulating the whole Skrulls home planet would be enough... and lets overlook that his powers has vastly increased since then.

Robtard
Reading is good.

(we've already covered this)

And he said "maybe", i.e. asking the question.

It's very telling when one side has to be amped up to even have a chance of winning. So yes, if you boost one and gimp the other, any desired outcome can be had, horray for SW.

Dr Will Hatch
Merely a request to the thread starter, that if he think that he can allow books to be used in a Movie Versus forum, then I think that he should open up for the Marvel side to take in some feats from the comics as well, so merely a question smile

To KingD19: No need for that, I think Galactus can handle it himself smile but I I think Xaviar manipulating the whole Skrulls home planet would be enough... and lets overlook that his powers has vastly increased since then. Why? They are different universes. Movie Victor Von Doom is but a pale shadow of the "real" Dr Doom.

Utrigita
Yes he is but would you say that Movie Luke, Movie Yoda ore Movie Sideous isn't a pale shadow next to their comic/book/cartoon counterparts?

Dr Will Hatch
No because much of the powers they have were unnecessary during the time frame, or were used in a more subversive manner.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>