Governor Bobby Jindal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Nemesis
Bobby Jindal, Governor of the state of Louisianna has been in the news a lot recently. He appeared on CNN yesterday lambasting Obama's stimulus bill, and he delivered the republican rebuttal to the speech tonight.

Is he in contention for the nomination? Is he being set up as an 'anti-Obama'?

I'm pretty new at this- how early do politicians start preparing for the next presidential race? Sarah seemed 'cowed' in a recent meeting that TIME attended (or, at least reported on) so she might be a bit wary of re-entering the national stage. Is she in contention?

Opinions on this guy's speaking ability (his hand gestures were utterly worthless) or his race as it pertains to post 'neverhadablackpresidentOBAMAissokewlarewegoingto haveawomanoradifferentminoritynextorwillitbeanothe
roldwhiteguy' politics?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Racist

BackFire
I'm definitely expecting him to run in 2012. He's pretty much the republican's answer to Obama, young guy who excites the party and such. And they'd be smart to elect him, he's an impressive guy I think. If they go with him they might stand a chance, if they go with Palin who is the other one people are guessing will run, she will lose.

Darth Jello
"I'm against the stimulus, I'm only gonna take 7.5 of the 7.8 billion offered."

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by BackFire
He's pretty much the republican's answer to Obama, young guy who excites the party and such.

That's what I'm thinking. Like Obama, he's a young non-white, articulate, intelligent, Ivy League educated politician who doesn't have any obvious ammuntion for comedians. And in his favor, governors have way better odds than senators.

Palin had her moment, and she was more of a joke-machine than anything.

KidRock
He's a lot younger then I thought he was. He can even wait until 2016 to run.

I do suspect he will become a prime target for Democrats though and they will start their attacks on him in the near future.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's what I'm thinking. Like Obama, he's a young non-white, articulate, intelligent, Ivy League educated politician who doesn't have any obvious ammuntion for comedians. And in his favor, governors have way better odds than senators.

Articulate perhaps but not very charismatic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.