Babs Re-Release...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SergeiSidorov
Okay, my girlfriend is a huge fan of this movie, and in the interest of being a good boyfriend I looked up the DVD release so I could get her a copy.

The movie is called Yentl; it was released back in the 80s and featured Babs Streisand singing her way through a quaint story about a Jewish girl who wants to study religion. They won't let her on account of she's a girl, so she impersonates a man to get into the school, where she promptly falls in love with her classmate (played by Mandy "Indigo Montoya" Patinkin). If you dig musicals it's worth checking out -- the re-release features a bunch of songs that didn't make it into the final cut, as well as a ton of interviews with Babs about making the movie.

The special edition DVD is available on Amazon right now...I should know, that's where I went to get it for Tatyana. I hope she's happy...

MildPossession
I watched it on television a few years ago and that was enough for me, wouldn't buy it on DVD.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.