Á l'intérieur [Inside]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
I saw this movie recently, and I must say, much like many French thrillers/dramas, it is extreamly shocking/disturbing.

The movie revolves around a pregnant woman who gets in a car accident, where her husband is killed, while she and her unborn baby survive.
Four months later, she is about to give birth and on Christmas eve, she is attacked and tormented by an unknown woman who wants her unborn baby.

This is not a classic ''home intrusion'' movie. It is far more sinister, extreamly gory and very disturbing from the begining till the end.
There isn't that tiering play of cat and mouse, random banging on windows and all that jazz, which I liked a lot. Movie's scares are elsewhere.
The most peculiar thing about the movie is thatyou will at some point feel no remorse for the victim, and feel sorrow for the attacker.

This is an excellent movie and I fully recomend it.

For those who have seen it, what are your thoughts?

MildPossession
I can't remember feeling what you mentioned in the spoiler, what point did you mean? I need to watch it again. Or do you mean when we found out the attacker's baby was killed in the car accident ?

lil bitchiness
I mean more Sarah's obnoxious behaviour towards her mother and general all around rotten attitude.

Also the most disturbing scene for me is when she kills her mother and she calls after her while she's dying. But then next scene I didn't feel she was disturbed by this as much as I was.

I am not saying the other woman wasn't sick, she was especially the way she brutally murdered the cops, and the kid from the riots and SArah's boss.

I felt sorry for Sarah generally, but her attitude altogether was somewhat rotten.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think she deserves what happens because of it, but I think it sort of blurs the stereotypical victim potret - if that makes any sense.

You feel all sorts of feelings for every character.

I think this goes into the whole ''mother instinct'', which I think would have even more shocking and disturbing effect on me if I was a mother myself, because as a daughter her killing her mother, especially by accident made me feel so disturbed and uncomftable

MildPossession
I will have to watch it again to see her attitude throughout the film.

deathbycorn
lil bitchness, I don't think you get the point of this film.

You are not meant to feel sorrow for La Femme. Nor are you meant to feel no remorse for Sarah.

This is a revenge film at the core and La Femme wants what Sarah 'took' from her in the car accident.

Why you would feel no remorse towards Sarah and say she has an attitude is beyond me. Sarah done nothing wrong, the car accident was an accident.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by deathbycorn
lil bitchness, I don't think you get the point of this film.

You are not meant to feel sorrow for La Femme. Nor are you meant to feel no remorse for Sarah.

This is a revenge film at the core and La Femme wants what Sarah 'took' from her in the car accident.

Why you would feel no remorse towards Sarah and say she has an attitude is beyond me. Sarah done nothing wrong, the car accident was an accident.

Nor did you apparently. This movie has two pretty clear morals.

- Women shouldn't drive
- Don't run with scissors

MildPossession
He he. Someone spoiler the spoiler in Death's post. Honestly.

Impediment
Fixed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.