Are Giant Bosses Getting Old?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Do you think having giant boss battles all the time are awesome or do you think it's getting old?

Scarlet Fox
Awsome.

Smasandian
It depends on if they are good or not.

What I don't like is bosses that are cheap, or really hard. Or bosses that have a bad learning curve ( game is easy, and that one boss is impossible), and I don't like when bosses have minions that they respawn. It drives me crazy.

I know it sounds weak, but I dont mind easy games nowadays. I don't have the time to practice a game just to beat it.

Kero_Co
Awesome 96% of time. I don't mind if they're hard, as long as they aren't tedious. Tedium is my kryptonite, and I've played a few games where the boss is just a little too easy, but it has way too much hp, destroying what should be an epic encounter.

General Kaliero
If they can be done well, like in Shadow of the Colossus, or Twilight Princess, I enjoy them. The feeling of achievement after causing a towering behemoth to fall to the ground is addictive.

Sadako of Girth
That concept was old in 1989.

ThunderGodEneru
If they're like Shadow of the Collossus, they are pure win.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Do you think having giant boss battles all the time are awesome or do you think it's getting old?

You must be really bored.

jinXed by JaNx
The anticipation of a Boss fight really brings a lot of excitement to the table in video games. Like most of you, i too love me a good Boss battle but loathe the tedium that they can be known to cause. As long as the Boss isn't included out of a sense of obligation i always enjoy finding a big bad guy at the end of a major story point.

Some games just throw a Boss into the mix because they are lazy and it's the only way they could heighten the mood (or gameplay). Even then, however, they can be fun, if done right.

Raoul
When its done well (God of War, Shadow of the Colossus), it's great. When it's done badly (DOW 2, Path of Neo), it blows. Hard.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by General Kaliero
If they can be done well, like in Shadow of the Colossus, or Twilight Princess, I enjoy them. The feeling of achievement after causing a towering behemoth to fall to the ground is addictive.

Sums it all up.

Yoshi Paradise

Nah, battles against giant bosses are pretty cool. It feels good when you defeat a monster/human who is several times bigger than you.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
If they're like Shadow of the Collossus, they are pure win.

Quincy
Originally posted by General Kaliero

Also,

Originally posted by Kazenji
You must be really bored.

THE JLRTENJAC

Awesome. Provided that they are not too easy. Take Twilight Princess for an example:

http://www.zeldaelements.net/games_main/10/artwork/z15oa-fireboss.jpg

This boss looked awesome when he was revealed. But when it took me a few seconds to figure out how to kill him and then another minute to kill him, I was alittle upset.

http://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/0/0e/Stallord_410.jpg/180px-Stallord_410.jpg

Now, this boss on the other hand (Though he also didn't take long to figure out) had enough complexities to the battle itself to be a very fun battle.

SaTsuJiN
Depends.. I'm of the opinion that the size doesn't matter as long as they are challenging, but not cheap (as in having a ton of immunity or something along these lines)

having them be big just adds to epic-ness, as long as they're well designed

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
Depends.. I'm of the opinion that the size doesn't matter as long as they are challenging, but not cheap (as in having a ton of immunity or something along these lines)

having them be big just adds to epic-ness, as long as they're well designed

True.

Barker
Echoing all posts in this thread involving SotC.

MadMel
same erm

k1Lla441
If they do it right, its usually cool. but it wouldnt hurt to have some small bosses in a game that are still strong. To walk up to this puny enemy and then see him speed blitz you in the boss fight and the fact that you underestimated him because hes small would be awesome.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by k1Lla441
If they do it right, its usually cool. but it wouldnt hurt to have some small bosses in a game that are still strong. To walk up to this puny enemy and then see him speed blitz you in the boss fight and the fact that you underestimated him because hes small would be awesome. Yeah like for instance in RE5 i would be fine if the final boss is Wesker as a human and he's a difficult badguy not some big grotesque ugly boss.

Smasandian
I like how RE4 does the bosses. There difficult enough, but not completely.

And as Sats said, I'm fine with bosses that don't have a massive amount of hitpoints. That's why I like RE4's and Zelda's. They did pretty quickly with not alot of bullets, and there is usually some sort of environment damage you can give them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.