He-Man vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

x_danny_x
say these guys fought before! I heard Superman won!!

Joker1237
Of couse Superman would win, What can He man do???? break Superman's nail at best,(If that could happen)

mr.smiley
i hope superman won.
although i've herd he man has some amazing powers

x_danny_x
the fight happend already man! Im trying to fine the result

Arsenal
http://www.viruete.com/articulos/supermanvsheman.htm
1. http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/televisao/artigos/he-man/superman2.jpg
2. http://www.omelete.com.br/imagens/televisao/artigos/he-man/superman3.jpg

who?-kid
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I actually read that awful comic : He-Man was out of his league.

Arsenal
Stupid He-man...

Maestro
Yea I read it as well, skeletor wasn't that bad to be honest.

Arsenal
Skeletor's cool

Fanboy
Superman will win.

Adam_PoE
DC Comics Presents #47 "From Eternia with Death!"

While trying to infiltrate Castle Grayskull, Skeletor inadvertently opens a dimensional rift that brings pre-Crisis Superman from Earth to Eternia.

In order to continue with his acquisition of Castle Grayskull uninterrupted, Skeletor casts a powerful spell over Superman and forces him to do battle with He-Man.

Superman manages to hold off He-Man long enough to break free of the spell Skeletor cast over him and the two heroes then turn on Skeletor. With Skeletor defeated, Superman is returned home to Earth through a space warp.

He-Man has the equivocal endurance, resistance to injury, and strength of a demigod and also has an indestructible Sword of Power that can project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways.

Superman has three weaknesses; deprivation of sunlight, exposure to kryptonite, and magic... And He-Man is a vessel for the magic of Castle Grayskull.

jplatinum
He-man can win if he gets a multiple shots to superman's head and dazes him long enough to hit him withs barrage of full force 10 ton+ objects like he was weilding a baseball bat. If not, superman sees he-man's strength is more than his and can kill him and supes would probably fly at him at the speed of light and nail him with a full force punch . End Result. prince Adam goes down hard and doesn't get back up.

Superman or Adam. Either way.

LordFear
Well if He-Man slashed Superman with the Grayskull sword, then Supes in big trouble. The magic would render him very vulnerable.

He-guy88
Look ive never read the comic book of he-man and superman but the facts are that he-man and superman are both the same strength and cant be hurt but he-man has a magic sword that grants him his power and magic just so happens to be one of supermans weaknesses so that gives HE-MAN the edge (pluse He-man is the most powerful man in the universe lol) wink

DigiMark007
Everyone underestimates Supes' huge speed advantage. I think that out-trumps He-Man's sword and magic stuff. Otherwise, yeah, HM's probably the favorite if it goes to a brawl...but if we're talking potential here, Adam should never touch Superman, magic or not.

EevilJ
Can He-Man's sword cut him?

olympian
Man, He-Man is underrated. That guy at his best its pure pre crisis, he was slugging out with Superman.

Even in speed Superman didnt showed to be that superior considering we see the eternia warrior grab him and put him down. All while Kal went flying towards him iirc.

About the sword, cut him would be the least, id say. Its a magical plot device when used with that porpuse.

Heck, He-Man itself its a plot device considering he can call for more power when he needs to. Altho he does that as regulary as Superman flying someone to the sun to win.

Wich is: hardly.

superkronick92
he-man may be a he man, but superman is a super man

Darksaint
^^ Superman also has a vast speed and range advantage. If Superman went toe to toe with He-man, he would lose. He-man can up his strength to match and overcome any foe, and would own Superman in a slugfest. If Superman fights to use his advantages, he'll win 10/10.

olympian
Nobody of this class wins 10/10 against the other in any shape or form.

AJ4LIFE
supes won easily

olympian
Superman flies towards him hitting He-Man.

The man easily takes it, grabs him and puts Superman down, without ko him.

They slug out.

Superman punches him and puts him down without ko him.

That was only physically. There was no easy win there. Easy win is what BA did to PP recently.

Adam_PoE
He-Man has no vulnerabilities, and his powers adapt to whomever he is fighting. Moreover, his powers are magical, and magic is one of Superman's weaknesses. I do not see how Superman can take this one.

AJ4LIFE
speedblitz lets not forget but that

Adam_PoE

darthgoober
No speedblitzing or BFR.

Who takes it?

Soljer
I guarantee this has been done before...

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soljer
I guarantee this has been done before...
It has but none of the results I found when I searched excluded the options of BFR and speedblitz.

Symmetric Chaos
I think his happened in comics. HeMan ended up pretty desperate I think.

Then again Supes was going for the kill in that fight.

Endless Mike
That was a Pre - Crisis crossover, wasn't it?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Endless Mike
That was a Pre - Crisis crossover, wasn't it?
Yeah it was Pre Crisis Supes, but it wasn't really a crossover because both were owned by DC at the time.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah it was Pre Crisis Supes, but it wasn't really a crossover because both were owned by DC at the time.

Fact.

It was also massively inconclusive.

By feats, Supes. Presumably He-Man can match him in strength and durability. But taking out speedblitz doesn't mean Supes can't use his speed advantage in close quarters, as well as ranged attacks. He-Man has some impressive speed feats too, as well as some limited range. But I just can't justify putting him above the big guy.

gogogadgetgo
Superman

he'd still be too fast for he-man reflex wise and reaction time wise

should have said no super speed

DigiMark007
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
Superman

he'd still be too fast for he-man reflex wise and reaction time wise

should have said no super speed

Meh, He-Man has super-speed feats as well. It might also be a push.

But then Supes can attack from a distance more easily and such, so the disparity mounts.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by DigiMark007
By feats, Supes. Presumably He-Man can match him in strength and durability. But taking out speedblitz doesn't mean Supes can't use his speed advantage in close quarters, as well as ranged attacks. He-Man has some impressive speed feats too, as well as some limited range. But I just can't justify putting him above the big guy.

Consider that He-Man has no vulnerabilities; his powers adapt to whomever he is fighting; and his powers are magical, and magic is one of Superman's weaknesses.

gogogadgetgo
Meh, He-Man has super-speed feats as well. It might also be a push.

But then Supes can attack from a distance more easily and such, so the disparity mounts.

he may have some supers speed feats but not like supes. though i seem to remember some scans that i happen by sometime ago where they boosted he-man so much so that he could match supes. i think battlecat was able to go light speed or something...
stick out tongue

KMC_Drifter
Superman still has a slight edge in this fight due to heat vision, freeze breath, etc. If this came down to just a battle of fists...then He-Man would probably take this. He-Man can be stronger..and I see him as a better hand to hand fighter.

However, with heat vision...I'm not sure how that would affect He-Man. I'm sure he could deflect it with his sword....but the sword would continually absorb the heat from the blast...probably causing He-Man to drop the sword altogether.

This fight could go either way...but, I still give Superman the edge due to his many different powers.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Consider that He-Man has no vulnerabilities; his powers adapt to whomever he is fighting; and his powers are magical, and magic is one of Superman's weaknesses.

Your version of He-Man is clearly beyond that which his showings suggest. I have yet to see anything that puts He-Man on the nigh-Skyfather level you sometimes attribute to him, and I've seen more than most. And as for no vulnerabilities (a joke, at best) he's been knocked out by many people besides Skeletor whose relative feats are nothing compared to Supes and his rogues gallery.

quanchi112
superman wins this

Soljer
He-man's BEST feats can't really compare to Superman's average, in my opinion.

Except for his one showing of fighting pre crisis Superman, of course.

I mean, we could extrapolate and say that he is as strong as he needs to be...but just because we haven't seen the upper limit when he lifts something as small as a castle, doesn't mean one doesn't exist. erm.

And as far as his speed showings go, I wouldn't put those on the level of Superman either.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd say that Superman wins this and pretty damned often. He-man lacks the high showings, and his LOW showings are ridiculously embarrassing.

Adam_PoE
Your version of He-Man is clearly beyond that which his showings suggest. I have yet to see anything that puts He-Man on the nigh-Skyfather level you sometimes attribute to him, and I've seen more than most.

He-man's BEST feats can't really compare to Superman's average, in my opinion.

In "Taking of Grayskull," He-Man not only lifts Castle Grayskull, but hurls it with sufficient force to exceed the gravitational pull of a whitehole.

In "Trouble In Arcadia," He-Man lifts an entire city.

In "Stone City," He-Man moves an entire mountain range.

In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurls a planet into orbit.

In "She-Demon of Phantos," He-Man breaks chains fashioned out of an indestructible mineral.

In "Awaken the Serpent," He-Man kills the god, Serpos.

When was the last time Superman hurled a planet-sized object into orbit? Before Pre-Crisis?

And as for no vulnerabilities (a joke, at best) he's been knocked out by many people besides Skeletor whose relative feats are nothing compared to Supes and his rogues gallery.

He-man lacks the high showings, and his LOW showings are ridiculously embarrassing.

The series is titled Masters of the Universe, because each character is a Master of the Universe in his own right. In this sense, Masters of the Universe is less Conan the Barbarian and more New Gods.

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by KMC_Drifter
Superman still has a slight edge in this fight due to heat vision, freeze breath, etc. If this came down to just a battle of fists...then He-Man would probably take this. He-Man can be stronger..and I see him as a better hand to hand fighter.

However, with heat vision...I'm not sure how that would affect He-Man. I'm sure he could deflect it with his sword....but the sword would continually absorb the heat from the blast...probably causing He-Man to drop the sword altogether.

This fight could go either way...but, I still give Superman the edge due to his many different powers.

In addition to being indestructible and being able to project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways, the Sword of Power can generate cold, electricity, heat, magnetism, and storms; locate hidden and missing objects and people; transmute inorganic matter; and has uncharted transformational abilities.

And as far as his speed showings go, I wouldn't put those on the level of Superman either.

He-Man can move so quickly as to turn silica into glass.

DigiMark007
In "Taking of Grayskull," He-Man not only lifts Castle Grayskull, but hurls it with sufficient force to exceed the gravitational pull of a whitehole.

In "Trouble In Arcadia," He-Man lifts an entire city.

In "Stone City," He-Man moves an entire mountain range.

In "Eternal Darkness," He-Man hurls a planet into orbit.

In "She-Demon of Phantos," He-Man breaks chains fashioned out of an indestructible mineral.

In "Awaken the Serpent," He-Man kills the god, Serpos.

When was the last time Superman hurled a planet-sized object into orbit? Before Pre-Crisis?

A couple of those are tv episodes (non-canon in comic terms). The rest? I couldn't find half of them via amazon/google/giga search. I remain dubious that most of them are valid for our purposes.

The series is titled Masters of the Universe, because each character is a Master of the Universe in his own right. In this sense, Masters of the Universe is less Conan the Barbarian and more New Gods.

That's an opinion. And judging by some of the stuff I've seen the "Masters" do (besides Skeletor and He-Man), which is not much, it seems incorrect to me.

Adam_PoE
A couple of those are tv episodes (non-canon in comic terms). The rest? I couldn't find half of them via amazon/google/giga search. I remain dubious that most of them are valid for our purposes.

That's an opinion. And judging by some of the stuff I've seen the "Masters" do (besides Skeletor and He-Man), which is not much, it seems incorrect to me.

This is an Argument From Ignorance; just because you do not know something to be true, it does not follow from this that it is false.

DigiMark007
This is an Argument From Ignorance; just because you do not know something to be true, it does not follow from this that it is false.

And just because you say it doesn't make it true either. Like I said, the tv stuff is non-canon. I'm guessing that throws at least a few of those feats out the window.

So, sorry if I'm a bit sceptical of taking your word ver batim when you claim outlandish feats without support. But I feel it's my duty in this case, because you've obviously embellished stuff about Adam in the past, and I've seen nearly all his comics and know that some of it has to either be an outright lie or embellishment.

So yes, he has absorbed a few lightning bolts, created a storm (really?), does various other things that are impressive. But I have yet to see an argument that puts him over Supes.

And as for the "Masters" = New Gods in power argument, this is once again without support, and is merely an opinion that I haven't seen any on-panel evidence to suggest is factual. The only ones with feats that are even above, say, Iron Man are Skeletor and He-Man. The rest, to be honest, look like they'd get punked by Spider-Man half the time.

It's striking to me that you've never conceded anything in He-Man threads...it's always a long list of unverifiable feats followed by a statement that He-Man wins. I realize you're a big fan, and that can be admirable, but your debating smacks of fanboy-ism. You want to get him more respect? Find a way to validate these feats as more than either embellishment or tv, post them in the respect thread (or links to a place where I can purchase them myself), then I'll gladly eat my words and say I was wrong.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Supes wins

Adam_PoE

DigiMark007
My problem is that it's still too vague. I can't gauge any of this stuff for myself, or know that it's verifiable when I've never even been able to find info on any of the arcs you mentioned (except tv series, which I already addressed). I don't need to see scans before I believe it...I just need something verifiable, and there doesn't seem to be anything (and I looked at length for most of the stuff you've mentioned, bot in this thread and others).

And saying things like "there's some overlap between tv and comics" still doesn't soldify any of the feats. Are they definitely from parts that overlap? Which ones? In which issues? Where can I buy them, or even just hear of their existence? etc. etc.

I want to believe you. Really, I'd love to be proven wrong. I just can't justify it. Anything I claim for He-Man, I can point to an issue # or direct scan.

As for "being a greater He-Man fan" that's nothing more than an arbitrary value judgement, and it also puts me down. I haven't insulted you, merely questioned your debating in a manner that I saw fit. But if we're going to turn into jerks if we continue this conversation (believe me, I'm tempted) I'll just stop now, because it's really not worth it.

Also, it's not a huge deal but I wanted to mention it. This:

This is also an Argument From Ignorance; just because a premise has not been proved to be true, it does not follow from this that it is false.

...is circular reasoning. I could retort with a similarly circular argument, just switch the terms aorund. Neither statement would be valid as a reasonable argument. But let's just go with what we know, eh? that's been my point all along.

Adam_PoE
My problem is that it's still too vague. I can't gauge any of this stuff for myself, or know that it's verifiable when I've never even been able to find info on any of the arcs you mentioned (except tv series, which I already addressed). I don't need to see scans before I believe it...I just need something verifiable, and there doesn't seem to be anything (and I looked at length for most of the stuff you've mentioned, bot in this thread and others).

And saying things like "there's some overlap between tv and comics" still doesn't soldify any of the feats. Are they definitely from parts that overlap? Which ones? In which issues? Where can I buy them, or even just hear of their existence? etc. etc.

I want to believe you. Really, I'd love to be proven wrong. I just can't justify it. Anything I claim for He-Man, I can point to an issue # or direct scan.

Aside from describing the feat, and citing the instance in which it occurred, I do not know that the feats in question can be substantiated in a way that is satisfactory to you, considering only a number of the over 289 appearances of He-Man in print media are thoroughly documented.

As for "being a greater He-Man fan" that's nothing more than an arbitrary value judgement, and it also puts me down. I haven't insulted you, merely questioned your debating in a manner that I saw fit. But if we're going to turn into jerks if we continue this conversation (believe me, I'm tempted) I'll just stop now, because it's really not worth it.

It is not an arbitrary value judgment, and it is not intended as an insult; I simply have a greater knowledge of Masters of the Universe. If this is not the case, then you would familiar with the instances cited in my previous post.

Also, it's not a huge deal but I wanted to mention it. This . . . is circular reasoning. I could retort with a similarly circular argument, just switch the terms aorund. Neither statement would be valid as a reasonable argument. But let's just go with what we know, eh? that's been my point all along.

It is not a circular argument, it is the contrapositive of the argument I posted previously.

darth malice
Ok this match is agaisnt

Superman Man of Steel

http://www.supermantv.net/superman/comicbooks/new/superman-flying.jpg

vs

He-man Master of the Universe

http://www.geocities.com/motu_project/heman_1024x768.jpg

Who wins?

Also whose physically stronger Superman or He-man

Endless Mike
This has been done several times already

darth malice
so as every other one

PRAYERRUN
true. Superman for the win

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Endless Mike
This has been done several times already

Superman vs. He-Man

Superman vs. He-Man

He-Man vs. Superman vs. Hulk

Superman & Hulk vs. He-Man

Who's the Strongest: Superman, Hercules, or He-Man?

darth malice
yes we know theres other threads the other guy already said

Switch 07
Originally posted by darth malice
yes we know theres other threads the other guy already said Thats why this one shouldn't be opened.

READ THE RULES!! Closed soon.

Gecko4lif
superman out powers him with his baby toe

darth malice
ok it can be closed its not a big deal

horrorwolf
Superman takes this without breaking a sweat.

Bouboumaster
He-Man winz without putting effort.

Have you said "MAGICAL SWORD"?

batdude123
Superman.

D_Dude1210
In a wrestling match (no not WWE, greco-roman).

3 pins to win. Same rules as a basic wrestling match applies but the ring is 100x larger and is made up of primary adamantium.

No flying.

No speed blitz.

No BFR.

h1a8
He-man because he gets as strong as he needs to be.
Without Supes speed He-man has time to get to the strength he needs to be.

Raoul
Originally posted by h1a8

irony, much?

Naija boy
What are He-mans strength feats?

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by h1a8

hmmm...sounds like superman to me...so stalemate as they both get stronger as they need to be and just cancel each other's strength out.

BlackZero30x
well He-Mans powers allows him to automatically get as strong as he needs to be...soo if he needed to be strong enough to pick up a house then he is or maybe a sky scraper then bam he is...or maybe to pin superman then he would be but idk i hear so much about superman on these forums anymore that im not even sure what his powers are i mean take this statement for example...

since when has superman been able to increase his strength to any amount that he needs it to be

Lord Feron
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
well He-Mans powers allows him to automatically get as strong as he needs to be...soo if he needed to be strong enough to pick up a house then he is or maybe a sky scraper then bam he is...or maybe to pin superman then he would be but idk i hear so much about superman on these forums anymore that im not even sure what his powers are i mean take this statement for example...

since when has superman been able to increase his strength to any amount that he needs it to be

Maybe he is pointing out the way people write him idk. He does sometimes do things he really shouldn't be able to.

but if the person actually think it is in Superman powerset to will himself to be as strong as he wants. Thats a crock of s*it. (why wasn't that censored... ahhh well censor myself b4 the mods see)

Adam_PoE
Superman vs He-man

Superman vs He-man

Superman vs He-Man

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Maybe he is pointing out the way people write him idk. He does sometimes do things he really shouldn't be able to.

but if the person actually think it is in Superman powerset to will himself to be as strong as he wants. Thats a crock of s*it. (why wasn't that censored... ahhh well censor myself b4 the mods see) Maybe he is pointing out the way people write him

that.

Raoul
Originally posted by BlackZero30x

he's a walking, flying, spandex clad plot device. ask grant morrison.

Superman vs He-man

Superman vs He-man

Superman vs He-Man

thanks. all merged now.

a4t7w
he-man was wayyy underrated , i would say he is the most under rated superhero out there , him and she-ra ............a match between he-man and superman , would not be a blow out , i wouldnt count on any of them out , both of them have endless strengh

JakeTheBank
Superman. Though the Sword of Power could likely mess him up provided He-Man actually hits him with it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Superman. Though the Sword of Power could likely mess him up provided He-Man actually hits him with it.

Or they get into a grappling strength match HeMan will win for sure and crush Supe's hands.

HeMan has the power of the Universe and his strength always adapts to whatever force is applied to him.

Supes wins if he simply flies around and blasts him.

But if Clark takes HeMan on in a feat of strength........he loses.

HeMan is an advanced form of Hulk.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by -Pr-
he's a walking, flying, spandex clad plot device. ask grant morrison.

Lmao!

supermans only way to win is by going super speed and staying like that the whole fight

because it's unclear to me as to weather He-Man can increase his speed....i know battle cat has been shown to run at amazing speeds but then again if he-man could match him why would he ride the darn thing.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by -Pr-
irony, much? no irony, just stupidity

heat vision might be able to melt the sword, or just take he-man down from a distance

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no irony, just stupidity

heat vision might be able to melt the sword, or just take he-man down from a distance

his sword can absorb and deflect energy....plus his sword is indestructible so that's doubtful.

the ninjak
yay HeMan has equaled Supes in the poll! Happy Dance

SouthSpawn
I know this has been done before, but not in a long time I believe.

Who wins!!!

KingD19
Which versions?

the ninjak
If an Arm wrestling contest.....He-Man.

dmills
Lets see... A choice between a dude wearing a man-bra vs a dude who wears his undies on the outside of his pants. Hmmm...

Colossus-Big C
he man wins

carver9
Heman is a beast and I'm pretty sure he is much stronger than supes. Especially since the guy lifted up a mountain and threw it from the earth, all the way into the sun. That feat alone is enough for me.

Cockblocker
Pre crisis they met twice. I have the Pull out and the one shot. Supes and He Man were equal then. The new He-man series made him weaker and Supes is still not quite pre-crisis. Call them equal still.

Solidus Black
Supes is more versatile and faster, so id give it to supes.

He-Man (the animated version) is a magical being so his punches may affect Superman the way Captain Marvel's do

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.