Can anyone recommend...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaworori
(I apoligise both for the elipsis and the possibility this is in the wrong forum in adv.)

Wondering if anyone can recommend a good Science-Fiction/Space Opera RPG on the PC for me. Reason is, I bought Mass Effect after hearing so much about it from a friend who works in a games store, but then found out my GFX card cannot support Pixel Shader 3.0 (which is required to run it.)

I'm currently on a laptop because I travel alot, so I cannot upgrade, but I've been able to run Oblivion, Medieval: TW on it with only a bit of lag. (EDIT: Thought I'd include what games I've already had in case they're mentioned)
- SW: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2
- Freelancer

Thing is, the notion of a brilliant story driven RPG sitting on my desk uselessly is driving me a tad nuts. I'm just looking for a hidden classic I've missed, something like Mass Effect perhaps, yet without all the shiny graphics.

Any help would be appreciated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.