History of Housing Prices

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Symmetric Chaos

Bicnarok
harder to loose land?

Not if you loose your job and owe the banks money, they just take your land or not.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
harder to loose land?

Not if you loose your job and owe the banks money, they just take your land or not.

They'd take your trailer too.

Trailers are comparatively easy to destroy compared to land.

dadudemon
Americans are at fault, as well as the banks, for the finanical crisis. Americans have massive debt. Like, 100% as much as the annual GDP.

My debt is less than $10,000(includes everything), so I'm rediculously below average, apparantly. no expression That means no one can blame me. I'm not part of the problem. I'm part of the solution. big grin

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
Americans are at fault, as well as the banks, for the finanical crisis. Americans have massive debt. Like, 100% as much as the annual GDP.

Isn't it quite a bit more than that?

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
They'd take your trailer too.

Trailers are comparatively easy to destroy compared to land.

Not if you drive of and do a runner, try and do that with a house.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Not if you drive of and do a runner, try and do that with a house.

laughing out loud

dadudemon
Isn't it quite a bit more than that?

I only have 2007 data. 2008 saw ALMOST unprecedented credit conservatism/policy. It is highly unlikely that it was more than the 2007 numbers. I could be wrong, though.

Symmetric Chaos
I only have 2007 data. 2008 saw ALMOST unprecedented credit conservatism/policy. It is highly unlikely that it was more than the 2007 numbers. I could be wrong, though.

I was probably thinking of the national debt.

dadudemon
I was probably thinking of the national debt.

Here's some good data.

http://www.businessinsider.com/2009/2/us-debt-levels-are-fine-debt-to-gdp-chart-is-wrong-and-meaningless

jaden101

Bardock42

My debt is less than $10,000(includes everything), so I'm rediculously below average, apparantly. no expression That means no one can blame me. I'm not part of the problem. I'm part of the solution. big grin Nah, you are just less than average part of the problem.

Doom and Gloom

This is absolutely 100% correct. Every facet of our society is far too in debt, it isn't just the housing crisis.

Consumers are buried in debt from too much revolving credit and borrowing against home equity that no longer exists.
Corporations are buried in debt from expanding and merging far beyond what they should ever have been allowed to do.
The government is buried in debt basiclly for everything, wars we shouldn't be involved in, bailing out corporations that should be allowed to fail, programs we shouldn't have, spend, spend, spend.
Economic expansion based on debt only goes so far and then it's time to pay the piper.

And what is Obama's solution to all this? To create even more debt, which is why we won't get out of this any time soon. blowup

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
This is absolutely 100% correct. Every facet of our society is far too in debt, it isn't just the housing crisis.

Consumers are buried in debt from too much revolving credit and borrowing against home equity that no longer exists.
Corporations are buried in debt from expanding and merging far beyond what they should ever have been allowed to do.
The government is buried in debt basiclly for everything, wars we shouldn't be involved in, bailing out corporations that should be allowed to fail, programs we shouldn't have, spend, spend, spend.
Economic expansion based on debt only goes so far and then it's time to pay the piper.

And what is Obama's solution to all this? To create even more debt, which is why we won't get out of this any time soon. blowup

Well, he did win the election.

Grinning Goku

Feel free to offer one of your brilliant alternatives.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Feel free to offer one of your brilliant alternatives.
Just let this run it's course. It will be worse in the short term, but we will get out of it much sooner. Where government should get involved is requiring tighter lending standards for both individuals and business allowing neither to leverage themselves beyond a certain level. The current stimulus is a joke, just as the Bush stimulus was a joke (did it do any good?) The current stimulus rewards people and financial institutions that made bad choices while penalizing those of us who did the right thing IE didn't go too far into debt.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Well, he did win the election.

Bush won an election, and decades ago so did Hitler, so what's your point?

Shakyamunison
Bush won an election, and decades ago so did Hitler, so what's your point?

roll eyes (sarcastic) You missed the point. I'll give you a clue: sarcasm.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
roll eyes (sarcastic) You missed the point. I'll give you a clue: sarcasm.

embarrasment

You're right. I'm just so used to everyone being caught up in Obamamania.

Shakyamunison
embarrasment

You're right. I'm just so used to everyone being caught up in Obamamania.

laughing I know what you mean.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.