Coaxing someone into suicide...legally reprehensible?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
If this story has already been addressed then forgive me.

A friend of mine brought this story to my attention and i instantly knew where i stood on the subject.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OTTAWA -- In her final MSN conversation, a male nurse posing as a teenage girl coaxed Nadia Kajouji to hang herself on webcam while he watched.

Minnesota police are close to laying charges against the man, in his late 30s, St. Paul Police confirmed yesterday.

Kajouji, a depressed Carleton University student, went missing March 9, 2008. Her body washed up on the banks of the Rideau River in April 2008. Hours before she took her own life, she confided in the man she thought was a suicidal soulmate. Her plan was to make it look like she'd fallen through the ice while skating on the canal.

The pair discussed the best way to commit to suicide. He told her he was going to hang himself the following Monday with a length of rope he'd bought at Home Depot.

"He told her how to do it, when to do it and what store to go to -- everything," Nadia's father, Mohamad Kajouji said yesterday. "He wanted a laptop picture of her when she was doing it -- that's how sick he is."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2009/02/26/8538881-sun.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i am usually passionately opinionated i thought i'd wait to divulge my opinion on this subject so that others may have a chance to speak how they feel. Instead of arguing or defending opinions.

What do you all think? Should this man be held accountable? Have you ever been in a chat room and experienced similar situations, where someone is claiming to be on their last leg and other people are compelling them to commit suicide?

lord xyz
Fapping to a girl hanging herself?

What an awesome guy!

Hey, Kelly Bean, you should add him on msn.

Senor_Awesome
I don't understand why suicide isn't a requirement for people failing this thing we call evolution. The strongest should survive, why do we allow these weak retards to continue living?

Mairuzu
Hes got nothing on ted bundy

leonheartmm
yes its reprehensible, yes he should be legally held accountable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.