Uncanny X-Men/Dark Avengers Crossover

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ExodusCloak
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20244

Well that was short lived.

Raoul
facepalm

closer and closer, marvel...

ExodusCloak
I don't want the Cabal to end so quickly... sad

And Sentry is seriously going to waltz into the Bay Area there's like 7 telepaths residing there...??? I mean he's nuts and Venus took him for a ride recently.

This could be more of a Scott/Norman showdown though. Who knows maybe Emma will stay out of it.

The Nuul
Ummm... erm

Raoul
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I don't want the Cabal to end so quickly... sad

And Sentry is seriously going to waltz into the Bay Area there's like 7 telepaths residing there...??? I mean he's nuts and Venus took him for a ride recently.

This could be more of a Scott/Norman showdown though. Who knows maybe Emma will stay out of it.

i hope scott tells osborn the same thing barton did.

also, i'm pretty sure scott knows what emma's up to, so that might be interesting, to see how that affects their relationship...

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Raoul
i hope scott tells osborn the same thing barton did.

also, i'm pretty sure scott knows what emma's up to, so that might be interesting, to see how that affects their relationship...

And then there's Namor...is he going to factor into this???

So far we have Doom double crossing Namor with Attuma.

Emma double crossing Namor with Shaw.

Norman launching an assault on the X-Men.

Hmm...maybe it will just be a Scott/Norman thing with Emma selling more of her soul to stop the fight.

And if Iron Patriot pushes her off the San Francisco bridge I will kick someones head in.

willRules
I would normally make a comment about milking the cash cows but this actually looks like a fun crossover.......

Grimm22

Hmm...maybe it will just be a Scott/Norman thing with Emma selling more of her soul to stop the fight.

And if Iron Patriot pushes her off the San Francisco bridge I will kick someones head in.

Seems like everybody hates Namor erm

(Then again you can't blame them for the way he looked at the first Dark Illuminati meeting )

StiltmanFTW

shifty

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9828/darkreign15239004.th.jpg

guy222
might be good

willRules

laughing That actually sounds like something Emma would say!!!

Newjak
I'm sold.

ExodusCloak
Was thinking about this and I the only problem I see for the X-Men even if all the DA are psi-proofed(Since they're most likely going to come prepped) is the Sentry.

So anyone think that Magneto is going to come and save their asses?

tjcoady
I think this is going to be awesome; Fraction can do no wrong, recently. Uncanny and Invincible Iron Man are two of the best books Marvel is putting out; this is going to be a tremendously fun crossover.

I like Dark Reign so far: Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers are both great books- Bendis is writing stories where things actually happen, rather than just people sitting around talking in ridiculous "slang" that Bendis thinks is how people talk.

BruceSkywalker
i'll buy this and judge later

Nighty101
facepalm

closer and closer, marvel...

starwars surrender spam_laser

seconded my friend... so seconded... this is a load of shit

I just.. eeeeeeer AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!cursing

Raoul

i'll join you.

Originally posted by tjcoady
I think this is going to be awesome; Fraction can do no wrong, recently. Uncanny and Invincible Iron Man are two of the best books Marvel is putting out; this is going to be a tremendously fun crossover.

I like Dark Reign so far: Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers are both great books- Bendis is writing stories where things actually happen, rather than just people sitting around talking in ridiculous "slang" that Bendis thinks is how people talk.

shock

Kazenji
Bendis is'nt even writing Mighty Avengers anymore......

don't know why tjcoady even mentioned him.

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Bendis is'nt even writing Mighty Avengers anymore......

don't know why tjcoady even mentioned him.

good riddance i say. dan slott >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bendis.

Kazenji
I don't mind Bendis with Secret Warriors but then again he does have help from JONATHAN HICKMAN.

Mindset

And if Iron Patriot pushes her off the San Francisco bridge I will kick someones head in. where did all this happen, what?

HueyFreeman
No really a fan of this. X-books have a history of mediocrity. The last really good x series that I liked was morrisons run on new x-men but even then he butchered Magnetos character for it. Still was a good story though.

tjcoady
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
No really a fan of this. X-books have a history of mediocrity. The last really good x series that I liked was morrisons run on new x-men but even then he butchered Magnetos character for it. Still was a good story though.

I disagree. Whedon's in "Astounding" was great (even if very... Whedon-y), and Fraction's "Uncanny" is simply awesome. It makes me feel like I did when I read the X-Men when I was nine. Only like, more cleverly written and infinitely more awesome. Even Warren Ellis' on "Astounding" is brilliant (if you happen to love books that are basically just Ellis being Ellis).

willRules
I disagree. Whedon's in "Astounding" was great (even if very... Whedon-y), and Fraction's "Uncanny" is simply awesome. It makes me feel like I did when I read the X-Men when I was nine. Only like, more cleverly written and infinitely more awesome. Even Warren Ellis' on "Astounding" is brilliant (if you happen to love books that are basically just Ellis being Ellis).

Totally agree, except it's "Astonishing" they worked on big grin

tjcoady
Originally posted by willRules
Totally agree, except it's "Astonishing" they worked on big grin

Heh, yeah. Not sure why I went with "Astounding."

Raoul
personally, i love whedon's work, but fraction's, imo, has been just awful at times. he has had one or two good issues, but i'm honestly lost as to why some people like his stuff...

Kazenji
Well Fraction seems to be good with Iron Man, Iron Fist and some of the Thor one-shots from him was good.

tjcoady
Invincible Iron Man is the first time in like... twenty years an Iron Man comic has been even readable (other than the Ellis run).

I dunno; personally I think Fraction is one of Marvel's best writers. Everything he writes is fresh, and interesting, and has that kind of over-the-top awesome that makes comics worth reading. Beast and Archangel cruising around the world, collecting obscure geniuses? Mutant power politics? Magneto and the High Evolutionary, kicking it?

Sign me up.

Raoul
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well Fraction seems to be good with Iron Man, Iron Fist and some of the Thor one-shots from him was good.

and that's fine. he has a good reputation, but i don't think he's proven he can write x-men just yet...

Invincible Iron Man is the first time in like... twenty years an Iron Man comic has been even readable (other than the Ellis run).

I dunno; personally I think Fraction is one of Marvel's best writers. Everything he writes is fresh, and interesting, and has that kind of over-the-top awesome that makes comics worth reading. Beast and Archangel cruising around the world, collecting obscure geniuses? Mutant power politics? Magneto and the High Evolutionary, kicking it?

Sign me up.

that's only the last two or three issues, though, isn't it? he's been writing for a while now, all the way back to X-Men 500... and that sucked.

tjcoady
and that's fine. he has a good reputation, but i don't think he's proven he can write x-men just yet...

that's only the last two or three issues, though, isn't it? he's been writing for a while now, all the way back to X-Men 500... and that sucked.

Since they moved to San Fransisco. He started, I think, at the exact same time Whedon finished with Kitty's death.

Not sure if that's 500.

Raoul
Since they moved to San Fransisco. He started, I think, at the exact same time Whedon finished with Kitty's death.

Not sure if that's 500.

they moved to san francisco just before 500.

also, my irritation towards fraction is also due to the fact that they're raping the cyclops character and trying to break emma and him up, which is the dumbest shit i've ever seen after the groundwork put in by morrison and whedon...

tjcoady
they moved to san francisco just before 500.

also, my irritation towards fraction is also due to the fact that they're raping the cyclops character and trying to break emma and him up, which is the dumbest shit i've ever seen after the groundwork put in by morrison and whedon...

No, I see what you mean about Scott and Emma.

Especially because Morrison literally wrote a three issue arc that was about why it's necessary for Scott and Emma to be a couple (when the Beast got posessed by what's-his-name, the dude who is also Kick).

No, I understand that.

But to be honest, that feels more like Bendis' influence (and what's-his-name from Cable and the guy who writes X-Force) than Fraction. Even though Fraction writes the "main" X-Men title, it's obviously dependent on other writers.... especially now that the X-men are more tied to the Marvel Universe than they have been in a long time.... well, and actually, then they have been ever.

And, to be honest, the dishonesty between Scott and Emma is actually kind of interesting. Really, the only conflict over like... two decades between Cyke and Jean was the fact that Jean sometimes and others was the Phoenix. At least that storyline is over... it really did get repetive (which Morrison played around with, in the two issues with Jean and Wolverine dying in Weapon-X satellite).

To be honest, it's kind of necessary to bring up Emma's ridiculous past (in the Hellfire Club, especially). To see that tie into Namor, as well as Tony Stark (who we've known is a Hellfire Club member for a while, even if he was doing his "drunken playboy, pretending to be Batman" routine for it), is kind of awesome. Emma ruining Shaw? Emma keeping secrets from Osborn? That's good stuff. It's just fun to see a reason for the X-men to have to get really involved with the rest of the MU.

Raoul
No, I see what you mean about Scott and Emma.

Especially because Morrison literally wrote a three issue arc that was about why it's necessary for Scott and Emma to be a couple (when the Beast got posessed by what's-his-name, the dude who is also Kick).

No, I understand that.

coolies.

oh, yeah, i totally agree. it just annoys me because iirc, fraction is supposed to be head x-guy.

to be honest, i'm tired of cyclops being in unhappy relationships. no man needs that. with emma, i thought he'd finally gotten to the stage where he could say "right, i don't have to worry about shit at home, so i can go out and do my job."

interesting? sure, of course it is, i just don't like them being put through the ringer when they were finally beginning to get comfortable around each other.

totally agree with all that. i've been waiting for this to happen for years, and its finally happening. i just think where scott and emma are concerned (especially new dickier scott), they're not doing it as well as they could...

HueyFreeman
I disagree. Whedon's in "Astounding" was great (even if very... Whedon-y), and Fraction's "Uncanny" is simply awesome. It makes me feel like I did when I read the X-Men when I was nine. Only like, more cleverly written and infinitely more awesome. Even Warren Ellis' on "Astounding" is brilliant (if you happen to love books that are basically just Ellis being Ellis). I thought Whedons astounding was okay, not great. I feel its overrated and got its props just because its better than most of the other shitty x stories. I can't agree with fraction, his x-men has been terrible to me. Haven't really checked out ellis. Compared to stuff like thor(when its out on time) or captain america, or daredevil, or iron fist, or now even iron man, the x-books fall to the waist side. Thats why I get nervous when issues like this dark x-men come out, last thing I want is for the comic to be popular and the writers decide to put namor on an x-team. Just my opinion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.