Galen Marek vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Force
Lightsabers
All Out

Major Valerian
Hmm... Interesting fighters. I'm afraid I'll have to post later, gotta go.

KingD19
Marek, hands down.

mattatom
LS/DS Marek?

I would go for

1.Marek
2.Dooku
3.Marek due to Force potency.

Red Nemesis
I really hate Starkiller. A lot.

Darth Sexy
Dooku wins the saber Duel, Marek wins all out and force duel.

Red Nemesis

Darth Exodus
Why? Because he's actually more powerful then a lot of more 'prominent' characters.

KingD19
Well, Starkiller did defeat Vader, who defeated Dooku in a saber duel. But I think Dooku could take it.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, Starkiller did defeat Vader, who defeated Dooku in a saber duel. But I think Dooku could take it.

I think I'm missing a huge part of your post between 'Well, Starkiller did defeat Vader, who defeated Dooku in a saber duel.' and 'But I think Dooku could take it.'

KingD19
Basically what I was trying to say was that Starkiller beat the man who killed Dooku in a lightsaber duel. And while Anakin could no longer do the acrobatic Ataru/Djiem So, he did while he still had his body parts, he was, in my opinion, much more deadly with his new style. So people should give Starkiller some credit in the lightsaber dept. He even beat Shaak Ti. I think Dooku might take the duel due to experience, but his age and inability to effect Galen with Dun Moch might lose the fight for him.

Vengeful Koala
He accidentally beat Shaak Ti.

And the 'ABC' argument fails because Anakin =/= OT Vader.

KingD19
She let herself get killed by the Sarlaac, but he was whooping her ass before that.

And I can't say I know what =/= OT Vader means.

Lord Lucien
She let herself get killed by the Sarlaac, but he was whooping her ass before that.

And I can't say I know what =/= OT Vader means. It means "does not equal". This example pertaining to the fact that Anakin and Vader are two very different combatants.

KingD19
True, they were different, but you can't deny Vader's proficiency with a saber, he was a master combatant, before and after his transformation, he just changed his style to compensate.

mattatom
True, they were different, but you can't deny Vader's proficiency with a saber, he was a master combatant, before and after his transformation, he just changed his style to compensate.

Agreed I believe he changed from, Djem So/Shien
to
"Developing a refined version of Djem So that continued to include Ataru and Soresu elements, but also added Makashi and Juyo to the mix." as Vader.

Nonetheless Galen would probably win due to his incredible Force Power, like Bane in PoD he could probably rip through tthe Count's defenses.

Darth Exodus
AHHH, COBRA'S!!! AHHH!!!

Lord Lucien
True, they were different, but you can't deny Vader's proficiency with a saber, he was a master combatant, before and after his transformation, he just changed his style to compensate. Yup, Vader had more Force power and at the least the same amount of skill as Anakin. The only thing he didn't have was mobility.

Red Nemesis
DE, you pluralized 'cobras' incorrectly. What were you talking about, exactly?

(Non sequitur FTW?)

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Red Nemesis

You hated his Force Kamehameha's, did you? eek!

mattatom
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
You hated his Force Kamehameha's, did you? eek!

His kamehameha's made me laugh, after I did my first one I thought to myself, "Now all I need to be able to do is make a Force Bomb and have yellow hair."

Darth Exodus
Y'know, just becuase you can't see me, it doesn't mean that doesn't still hurt. sad

'shrug' I just felt like doing something really random.

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Y'know, just becuase you can't see me, it doesn't mean that doesn't still hurt. sad

'shrug' I just felt like doing something really random.

Well it was random and i enjoyed it.

*High fives*

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by mattatom
Well it was random and i enjoyed it.

*High fives* *intercepts and transforms in to a handshake*

...high fives are dumb.

Vengeful Koala
Only a Canadian...

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
*intercepts and transforms in to a handshake*

...high fives are dumb.
They may be dumb but i didn't feel like shaking his hand at the time.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Vengeful Koala
Only a Canadian... Tell that to George Carlin's ghost.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Force
Lightsabers
All Out

Force- Galen
All Out- As above.
Lightsabres- Have to be honest Dooku wins here, but I think Galen is a lot better than many people realise.

Plus, in the novel it is noted that he's a very elegant, precise and efficient swordsman. When I read the descriptions of his swordwork I thought, 'Dooku would be pleased if he saw this.'

Albireo
Why would Dooku win the saber duel? If Galen really is a Master of Juyo, and by extension, "a high end master of multiple forms," than he has far more going for him in the lightsaber department.

KingD19
Going by what's shown, Dooku is a better duelist, however I think Marek would give him a run for his money.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Albireo
Why would Dooku win the saber duel? If Galen really is a Master of Juyo, and by extension, "a high end master of multiple forms," than he has far more going for him in the lightsaber department. Yeah, especially when compared to Dooku's virtual non-existent skill with a saber.

CadoAngelus
Galen would win.

dooku would be all like "hahaha!" and galen would be all like *BOOOM!* and dooku would die

Gaevus Mesias
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Galen would win.

dooku would be all like "hahaha!" and galen would be all like *BOOOM!* and dooku would die

. . . . . HAA!!

1. Galen is very proficient in the force, I haven't really seen or read anything citing Dooku as being so much powerful in the force than he is a swordsman. His lightning isn't very powerful at all compared to Palpy. One had Yoda catching it like a baseball, the other, while it may have caught Yoda off guard, had him flying acrossed the senate room. Galen wins 7.5/10

2. Dooku wins the lightsabers with difficulty. Dooku's swordsmanship is cited as one of the deadliest in the PT, and it especially shows in the movies and comics 4 obvious reasons. Galen's lightsaber skills kind of blow chunks, but he would give Dooku hell considering he is pretty proficient in Juyo. Dooku wins 7/10

3. I give up.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Albireo
Why would Dooku win the saber duel? If Galen really is a Master of Juyo, and by extension, "a high end master of multiple forms," than he has far more going for him in the lightsaber department.

Dooku has also mastered every form. However he is THE Master of Makashi, which is the best specifically for duelling.

Wolverine2179
All galen do is suck dicks for vader. Overpowered douche.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Wolverine2179

You changed your name again.......

Wolverine2179
This is the last name change.

chilled monkey

Let's see:

* He defeated Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus and Shaak Ti. All powerful Jedi Masters who survived the Clone Wars.

* Defeated legions of stormtroopers, Felucians etc. Plus several Shadow Guards, Rancors etc.

* Repeatedly beat PROXY, who could use the skills of Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Anakin and Qui-Gon (no doubt many others too).

* Created the Rebel Alliance and saved it's leaders.

* Overcame more than a decade of Vader's cruel, barbarous conditioning and turned back to the Light.

* Utterly trashed Darth Vader in battle (one of the most awesome moments in Star Wars ever).

* Held his own against Sidious and even pushed back his lightening.

Galen Marek was awesome.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Gaevus Mesias
. . . . . HAA!!

Galen's lightsaber skills kind of blow chunks,

Nope. Galen was an amazing swordsman.

Originally posted by Gaevus Mesias
. he would give Dooku hell

Yep.

Wolverine2179
You are clearly a galen marek fanboy/fanwanker, did i say he sucked? all i said was that he is overpowered aka i acknowledged the fact that he is pretty powerful.

Oh and he didn't "trash" vader if you read the novel or comic, infact in the novel at one part of the duel he nearly got throttled to death until he achieved his clarity and beat vaders ass.

Eminence
You need to calm down.

chilled monkey
You are clearly a galen marek fanboy/fanwanker, did i say he sucked? all i said was that he is overpowered aka i acknowledged the fact that he is pretty powerful.

Beg your pardon spuddy, but you also said;

"All galen do is **** ***** for vader."

Oh and he didn't "trash" vader if you read the novel or comic, infact in the novel at one part of the duel he nearly got throttled to death until he achieved his clarity and beat vaders ass.

Take a look at Vader at the end of that duel.

That is pretty much the definition of "trashed."

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Beg your pardon spuddy, but you also said;

"All galen do is **** ***** for vader."
Which means what sparkey? You DO know that was meant as a joke right?

Take a look at Vader at the end of that duel.

That is pretty much the definition of "trashed." Then say so because "trashed" could also mean that mr A beat mr B with relative ease and without breaking a sweat

@Eminence

I'm calm so no worries, i wasn't angry earlier on.

Eminence
Yeah you better answer to me, boi.

Wolverine2179
messed

chilled monkey
Which means what sparkey? You DO know that was meant as a joke right?

Personally I didn't find it funny.

Then say so because "trashed" could also mean that mr A beat mr B with relative ease and without breaking a sweat

Good point, I didn't think of that. Sorry.

Wolverine2179
Personally I didn't find it funny. Then thats just too bad

sad

Good point, I didn't think of that. Sorry. No problem wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.